[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D&D 3.5 Campaign for lvl 10 characters.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: DND-Floofs.jpg (246KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
DND-Floofs.jpg
246KB, 970x545px
OK guys, long story short our DM hasn't been able to come to our weekly meet ups since June.
We're all kind of noobish, some haven't been playing for more than 6 months so instead of somebody else taking the DM's place we've been playing vidya and watching movies all summer.

I've never DM'd before but I'm tired of waiting so I may give it a try.

Anywhere I can find campaign pdfs besides lurking through /tg/? Any campaigns for level 10/11 characters you'd like to recommend?
Also, any tips for a noob DM besides "don't ragequit" and "it's ilegal to punch a player"?
>>
>>50193439
>playing 3.5 still

>instead of Pathfinder

But why
>>
>>50193463
>playing 3.5 still
We've been using other systems (pathfinder and anima), but we miss our firstborn kids.
>>
>>50193439
Find pre-made modules online and fluff them to your needs. Don't try to make up a whole dungeon ecology and whatnot on your first go as GM.

Watch some youtube d&d channels for ideas on descriptive language and storytelling if you aren't confident in your own abilities yet.

Take it slow, and make sure you make notes so that you can reference them as needed or remind players of things that had happened in previous sessions. If you can ultimately reference something from previous sessions organically, it will come across as a deeper woven narrative in the game.

Figure out snacks/food in an amicable arrangement, and figure out a time to eat/smoke/etc. in a reasonable time frame so that you don't get interrupted at a crucial time.

And of course, have fun.
>>
>>50193528
Not OP, but in a similar situation. Can you name any good DnD channel on YouTube? I'm planning 5th ed if that's important
>>
>>50193864
The only DnD 5th ed channel I know is Node, and he's not that great
>>
>>50193439
If you're new to the game then 10th level is way too high. Try 1st-3rd level first to get used to it before you get all the extras from higher levels.
>>
>>50196113
Not new to the game, have been playing for two years.
One of those level 10 characters is actually mine, she'll just have to attend some important business whilst I DM.
The only thing I am new to is to DMing. But it can't be that hard, right?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.