[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - KRO OUTTA NOWHERE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 73

File: Legends Killer.jpg (124KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Legends Killer.jpg
124KB, 800x600px
HEY

NOTHING YOU CAN SAY

Unless it's about Star Wars, anyway.

Previous Thread: >>50155442

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
File: coruscant entry.webm (2MB, 936x400px) Image search: [Google]
coruscant entry.webm
2MB, 936x400px
space deco
>>
>>50192616
Uh, the "quality" of the visuals.
>>
>>50192616
>you will never live in a planet sized art deco megacity filled with alien waifus

just end it now
>>
>>50191592
>Did someone ask for Voort "THE PIG SHOW" SaBinring?

Dammit XWW you magnificent bastard. You do know you have to make that reference in one of your fics now, don't you?
>>
File: Grand_Admiral_Pellaeon.jpg (32KB, 300x429px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Admiral_Pellaeon.jpg
32KB, 300x429px
Right, it's bloody Remembrance Day and you all will be cursed to the hell of five hundred years as a peacetime Lance Corporal if you don't stand up and remember the lost today
>>
>>50193299
Thank you for your service.
>>
>>50192559
sup /tg/, I need some help.

The outer part of some of my older dials are peeling off, and I don't know how to fix it or get it to stop peeling.
(it looks like it will likely eventually fall off entirely, and i'll have a problem identifying dials for each ship)

Is there anything I can do to fix it?
Is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening to my other dials?
I already tried the contact paper, and that didn't work in the slightest.

The part that is peeling off is the front of the dial, around the gap where you set the maneuver.
>>
I want a qt girl that flies an X-Wing
>>
File: imperialdial.jpg (53KB, 571x281px) Image search: [Google]
imperialdial.jpg
53KB, 571x281px
>>50194113
Stock they look like crap, but I've seen some people paint them up into being actually good looking.
>>
>>50194400
So repaints are my only option?

And I don't think you can put dials that have already been assembled into the plastic dials.

I also have 40 ships (almost all imperial), so there is no way i'm buying that many plastic dials. I might buy 6, tops.
>>
>>50194437
> I don't think you can put dials that have already been assembled into the plastic dials.
You just need to pry off the central pin. Gotta be careful to not damage the actual dial, though.

Anyway, yeah, not the best option in any way or form, we agree on that.
>>
>>50195001
Is there any type of specific glue or adhesive that I can use to keep the label on the dial?

I could get a photo if it's not clear how they are falling apart.
>>
Goddamn the empire's logistics in the ISB are crazy. It got to the point where at some levels they just don't list the droids.
>>
>>50195289
Post a picture anyway, I'm sure someone had to deal with something similar
>>
>>50192616
>PT already showing it's age

Looks like the incredibles movie or obvious assholes on a green screen.
Christ, I didn't think it was possible but they get worse with time.
>>
>>50196376
The OT also shows its age. It's just that practical effects usually have way more charm than CG. And these effects are used to tell a better written and acted story, so it's easier to just "get into" the movie and forget the effects.

And besides, AotC is 14 years old, most FX heavy movies that old show their age. It's a bit sad, but for instance in LotR the green screen parts are really noticeable now that HD is the standard.
>>
File: 1478711557043.gif (252KB, 357x479px) Image search: [Google]
1478711557043.gif
252KB, 357x479px
>>50196376
>obvious assholes on a green screen
Tell me more.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (459KB, 672x816px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
459KB, 672x816px
>>50193299
Good Night sweet prince
>>
>>50195942
I'll go to my LGS and pick up my ships in an hour or so.
>>
>>50193299
>>
>>50192559
I've been reading the Legacy of the Force series from Legends. Is is just me or is Jaina Solo quite possibly one of the most boring and simultaneously unlikeable characters to come from a Star Wars novel?
>>
>>50197358

I think LotF is just shitty
>>
>>50197358
>>50197550

New Jedi Order and everything that comes after it are incredibly shitty.
>>
>>50193299
I don't really get the admiration of Palleon. In Thrawn Trilogy he was a pretty flat yes-man that didn't seem to have a purpose other than so that Thrawn could reveal exposition to the reader about his plans. Is he in some other stuff where he actually does things and/or has a character?
>>
>>50197786
Hand of Thrawn Duology, Choices of One, and Darksaber.
>>
>>50197799
Righto.
>>
File: mfw raping your galaxy.jpg (714KB, 750x1112px) Image search: [Google]
mfw raping your galaxy.jpg
714KB, 750x1112px
>>50197688
>>
>>50192559
Roman REYgns
>>
>>50197969
LIGHTSABER RESISTANT SNAKES!
>>
File: vong action figure.jpg (511KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
vong action figure.jpg
511KB, 800x600px
>>50198615
CRAB ARMOR
>>
>>50197786
Part of It is also how, even though he is on the same side as people like Vader and Palpatine, he seems like a good Man.

He isn't fighting for ambition or sadistic glee. He legitametly wants to help people and believes in the cause.

He is the first time, for man fans, that we see the the Empire is made up of good people. It helps humanize the story.
>>
>>50198615
I had an NPC once who was a yuzzhan Vong kid who had lots of cute kawaii adventures with her amphistaff snuggles and other creepy Vong shit. she was also force sensitive due to evil experiments and became one of the character's padawans Pure Cancer
>>
So I'm looking at crystals for my grease monkey artisan and was kind of caught off guard by the crystals in Endless Vigil. Are they both seriously only 1 hard point each? Is there a reason for this? They seem to be almost identical to Ilum crystals except that they're slightly more expensive and use up only one hardpoint slot. I don't think there are any other lightsaber crystals that are one hardpoint slot. Not even the basic bitch Ilum crystal is one hardpoint slot. What gives?
>>
>>50200088

It's probably a print error, FFG has those occasionally. I would assume they're probably supposed to be 2 - but you could ask for confirmation if they're an error, or just take them as written.
>>
>>50196376
It showed it's age when it first came out.Looked like complete ass. I remember the theater bursting into laughter when Yoda and Dooku had their fight, it looked so bad.
>>
File: practical.gif (1MB, 800x351px) Image search: [Google]
practical.gif
1MB, 800x351px
>>50196684
LotR looks much better, though, despite being from the same time. Probably because they blended the practical with the CGI as much as they could. For instance, Lucas made all the armor on the clones CGI, even the ones primary characters are interacting with, which makes the armor look like ass. Meanwhile, Jackson had a shitton of Uruk extras in the full regalia. They looked real, because they WERE real.

Fun extra: The Uruks rhythmically thumping their spearbutts on the ground was based on the extra's improvised game they'd play with each other. Turns out that having you people actually looking the part instead of adding it in later helps them get into character. Who fucking knew, right?
>>
>>50197799
>darksaber

That is my favorite guilty pleasure
>>
How would your group of Rebels respond to information that a high ranking Imperial Official is being shuttled with low security (not to attract attention) to a planet?

Trying to see what others would do before I fully write up this scenario.

the official is Sly Moore
>>
>>50201846
Probably a kidnapping. But once they find out its Moore, they'd be in trouble.
Throw in a pair of plainclothes Shadow Guard for extra black ops flavor.
>>
I wasn't even here for THE PIG SHOW?!

WEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL...

Well it's the PIG SHOOWWWWWWWW

Dammit, I am so ashamed and proud at the same time.

Anyways, continuing SW/Wrasslin, here is a video of Harley Race putting a bounty out on Ric Flair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pfkam4NOjY
>>
>>50201846
The perfect oppurtunity to showcase thr power of my super pinooks
>>
>>50200378
Saw a doco on the Weta workshop and how they churned out lots of armour, making stuff like chainmail out of black irrigation tubing, painting it up and damn, it looks a lot better than the shit like a thick wool-knit or something that you see in some movies. Its nice to see the effort and creativity that goes into the back end of that kind of production.
NZ'ers are pretty orky to begin with, they only really gave up on eating man flesh about a 120-150 odd years ago.
>>
>>50200378
>Lucas made all the armor on the clones CGI, even the ones primary characters are interacting with, which makes the armor look like ass.
And the faces too, Temura got mocapped for the faces.
>>
Uh I'm trying to figure out called shots and hit locations, FFG doesn;'t do them does it?
>>
>>50202545

You can use an Aim maneuver to take 2 setback dice (or 2 maneuvers to take 1) to hit a specific part of a target, but other than that no, there are no rules for it.
>>
>>50202587
>You can use an Aim maneuver to take 2 setback dice (or 2 maneuvers to take 1) to hit a specific part of a target, but other than that no, there are no rules for it.
No rules for what that does? Just GM stuff for hitting weakpoints?
>>
>>50202545
Aim maneuver. Up to GM on how they want to handle successful shots, but Mask of the Pirate Queen treats a successful one that deals enough damage to a starship be the same as a Major System Failure critical, which for a living target would likely be the same as Crippled (or maybe Maimed or worse with the right weapon, target, and circumstances).
>>
>>50202031
>super pinooks
Okay, I'm interesting. Story time?
>>
File: BRRROOOOOOTHER.png (39KB, 279x213px) Image search: [Google]
BRRROOOOOOTHER.png
39KB, 279x213px
>>50202031
>super pinooks
Good taste.
>>
>>50200378
>Improvised game
You mean a hakka?
The traditional chant to boost spirits and intimidate there enemies.
>>
File: 1451528142405.png (344KB, 734x683px) Image search: [Google]
1451528142405.png
344KB, 734x683px
>>50202031
The PC's giggle evilly thinking they're just pinooks
"TURKEY SHOOT!"
Just as they're about to come into range the Pinook casing falls away and...
>>
Anyone got tips for writing lines for an Alliance Remnant holonet show host during the Legacy comics era? Someone who wants to bring back the old Rebel Alliance spirit, is hidden, solo, broadcasting encrypted galaxy-wide, and trying to dispel the lies of One Sith brainwashing and dictatorial MUH ORDER rhetoric.
>>
File: Galaxy News Radio.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy News Radio.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>50203046
>>
>>50195942
So I ended up fixing all of the dials by using a brush-on super glue, by applying the glue with a single strand of the brush at a time.

Hopefully I don't need to fix it again.
>>
File: I like what I'm seeing.gif (50KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
I like what I'm seeing.gif
50KB, 384x224px
>went to x-wing night
>got to try out Keyan with a heavy laser cannon
>mfw
Oh BABY
This shit does fucking WORK
>>
File: captain terro.png (218KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
captain terro.png
218KB, 300x465px
Imperial Assault got its next-to-last preview for the Jabba's Realm wave today, and I really like Captain Terro. He's fairly tough for his cost and has a good attack. Mounted gives him extra action economy, and combined with speed 5 it lets him really move across a map quickly. Flamethrower is a great way to get some extra damage in if he doesn't have to spend an action moving, or to finish off an enemy with 1 health and a white defense die. His three traits also give him access to a lot of great command cards.
>>
File: dewback rider.png (230KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
dewback rider.png
230KB, 300x465px
>>50203585
The generic Dewback Rider version is a pretty efficient option, too. FFG has been a lot better at balancing single-figure units since about Return to Hoth. Too many core and wave 1-2 figures just aren't worth the cost.
>>
something that sucks about star wars as a wargame/rpg setting is a lack of sides. you have two factions and mercs who mostly work for themselves or just one of the two main factions.
>>
>>50203884
This is why I prefer the post-Endor EU.
>>
>>50201846
I'd get to it with whatever I have in the way of SAMs, or a high-speed intercept, maybe kamikaze if necessary. A kill like that will cause a shitton of chaos in the imperial hierarchy, which the rebellion can exploit the hell out of
>>
>>50200284
Oh god, I just remembered seeing Attack of the Clones in theaters on opening weekend. And now I remember the incredulous groans that turned into laughter erupting from all over the audience when Yoda had his force duel with Dooku.

That film is like a terrible dub of a mediocre anime. The PT has some interesting set pieces, but because the delivery and execution is so bad you have to treat it with so much charity just to appreciate what you're being exposed to.
>>
>>50203884
Old EU imperial civil war is great for exactly this reason; tons of warlord kingdoms of various size, the fledgling NR, tons of small, suddenly independent polities, hutts, all sorts of folks
>>
>>50203951
Post-Endor Legends is a fantastic setting. Multiple independent/scum factions rising up, multiple Imperial Warlord factions with their own variations and unique elements, and different New Republic fleets and subfactions trying to hold it all together.

The 20 (or so) year shitstorm of power vacuum after Sheev's death is probably what I miss the most from the canon wipe.
>>
>>50201886
>Probably a kidnapping.
I'd probably want to try this, because it's more exciting to kidnap a named plot armored NPC than handling it the way I think is more practical (a hit and run light freighter ambush) for our rebel cell that has an ace pilot and a tricked out murder-freighter.
>>
>>50203994
Best tabletop games I've been in have been old canon Dark Times and old canon post-Endor mess.
>>
>>50204049
And the best part about the Warlords was that it made sense.

Palpatine gathered together a government headed by some of the most ruthless, sociopathic, greedy, backstabbing, charismatic motherfuckers who were held in check by their combined fear of him.

Without him around, OF COURSE the Empire went to shit while his former advisors finally had a chance to air out their grievances without worrying about a visit from Vader.
>>
>>50204081
Yeah, Balkanization was def a logical reaction to the Emperor's death. Playing an officer in the midst of it was a hell of a fun time.

I don't really want to talk Aftermath, but everything about it makes the scope of the galaxy smaller, especially the Empire.
>>
is cyber tech worth a dip from a fighty career or is it more useful to just start as a tech and out-class into fighty specs?

Is the rebel recruit generic spec any good?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9ADCdHhjyw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTl_Tt3dhPw

Rogue one international trailer cuts.

And a render of the ONE bad prop we've seen so far because goddammit STOP GIVING STERLING VARIANTS TWO STOCKS YOU FUCKHEADS.
>>
>>50204624
>TWO STOCKS
Look, lay off. Their usual prop guys were out sick, so that particular gun was designed by the new apprentice who had just quit being a wall street broker. Obviously, that's why they have stock options
>>
File: K4RL05.jpg (26KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
K4RL05.jpg
26KB, 262x192px
>>50204413
Depends on the party make-up, if you've already got fighty people, then a tech or anyone that can fix people is worthwhile, then maybe toe-dip into some stuff for self defence skills
Recruit spec is great for people from EoTE (or F&D) that find themselves in a more military oriented game and realised, well shit I'm going to get shot, stabbed and blown up more than usual and my non-combat careers won't cut it.

>>50204640
you cheeky bastard :)
>>
How do you feel about the ion cannon turret/ionization in general?
I like running one on a generic gold squadron. It feels like a nice way to disrupt the enemy.
>>
>>50204624
If there's one thing I really hate about the new generation of star wars props, it's the fucking M4 stocks
>>
>>50204751
It could be worse. It could be the abominations that pass for legal rifles in California.
>>
>>50204751
Adjustable stocks make sense when you've got people in armour, but yeah it was kind of a weak effort grabbing them out of the parts bin

>>50204768
Well...
Fuck!
>>
>>50204768
Wow that's hideous, and I LIKE the look of actual thumbhole stocks,
>>
File: 1478563008389.png (151KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478563008389.png
151KB, 421x500px
>>50204768
Jesus shit why
I mean I get the purpose but fuck
>>
File: 1469665949105.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1469665949105.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
>>50204768
>tfw started getting interested in firearms just after moving from FL to CA
>>
>>50204768
why are the stocks so weird?
>>
>>50205230
assault stocks had to be banned
>>
>>50205244
but if you don't ban all stocks why bother at all?
because shit like this happens.
>>
File: CCS_Lambda.jpg (234KB, 1500x1270px) Image search: [Google]
CCS_Lambda.jpg
234KB, 1500x1270px
is a lambda shuttle too much (or to little) for a starting ship for a 5 man group in EoTE?
I don't have terribly much experience with the system (or GMing at all) and I don't want the group to be too powerful (or weak) in the beginning
>>
>>50205908
It's a shuttle, it doesn't have living quarters. I don't think it would even have space for living quarters for 5 if you bothered to modify one.
>>
>>50205930
alright. Then I should probably look for some other ship.
I had this idea that the players would start the game with raiding a imperial observation post or something similar and escape with a stolen lambda. I'll probably still use it to establish the game but the players will have to abandon the shuttle and get another ship (maybe trade it)
>>
>>50206008
I actually think you could live on one, if you were fine with jury-rigged bunks and not having cabins and shit.
>>
>>50205908
Should be ok, if its a variant with cabins + cargo and no troop transport
Otherwise, everyone poops and they get unhappy when there's no place to poop
>>
File: Sentinel_btm.jpg (123KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sentinel_btm.jpg
123KB, 640x480px
>>50205908
There's the Sentinel-class landing craft that's pretty much just a bigger Lambda-class shuttle:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel-class_landing_craft/Legends

It can fit six squads or even small vehicles, so if the interior is modified it could work as a light freighter.

It has a stat block in the Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook (p.273). It might be a tad overpowered though. It's 20k credits more expensive than the most expensive recommended starter ship. Other anons, feel free to say if it's a good or terrible choice.
>>
is there a scan or something for the star wars reference books. They would be nice to have but I'm a bit short on cash
>>
>>50206035
>>50206109
So if the group decides to work to customize it and I as a GM provide the correct model it is a possibility. Maybe I'll give them a choice to either sell/trade it (at a monetary loss) or roll with it.

>>50206317
that's also a possibility of course, but it doesn't have the same /a e s t h e t i c/ as the lambda
>>
>>50206362
{spoiler] Hungry Ewok[/spoiler] has a lot of them

>>50206659
They did make a lambda with a 8-cabin set of suite in it, not sure on its total cargo after that though
>>
>>50204745
When it works it's great, but the limited range can be, well, limiting.
>>
>>50206787
Hungry ewoks sound like the Star Wars galaxy's drop bears.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>50202031

Pinooks for X-Wing when?
>>
>>50207956
Just how bad would it be?

Attack: 1?
Agility: 2?
Hull: 2?
Shields: 1?

A less than stellar dial?
>>
>>50202172
I forgot about that. I can understand why they went CGI, if they had done with prosthetics all the faces would have been off, giving the clones this unsettling look that would have made them seem vaguely like bad...guys....Huh. I suppose that's actually another opportunity missed by overzealous CGI.

>>50202776
They extras weren't trying to intimidate each other, it's was a game of precision: keep in time with your group for as long as you can, first one to fall out loses. Jackson saw the game and because they were kitted up, he saw it looked badass and incorporated it into the movie. Wouldn't have happened if it was just a bunch of dudes in shorts and t-shirts playing around with PVC pipes.
>>
File: you're gonna cum.jpg (187KB, 1194x792px) Image search: [Google]
you're gonna cum.jpg
187KB, 1194x792px
>>50203492
>Keyan Farlander
>HLC
>B/E2 + Hera
>>
>>50204412
Not talking about Aftermath specifically, because I haven't read it, but it really does seem like NuCanon is setting things up like RotS did: everything wraps up in a neat little bow one year after RotJ and the status quo remains unchanged until the next movie.

And that's BORING.
>>
>>50208183

Not

>Keyan
>HLC
>Stay on Target
>Advanced Sensors
>E2 + Ezra
>>
>>50208678
>>50208183

I miss being able to use double Evade tokens.

PTL + Lando on Keyan, paired up with a Jan Ors holder was so much fun. You'd reliably get two Evade tokens a turn and all of sudden you had a B-Wing with some kind of survivablity, and when was the last time you saw that?
>>
>>50208170
It's probable that once Jackson told them to do it on purpose and why, they started adding chants and whatnot to make it like a hakka.
>>
>>50208183
>>50208678
>Keyan
>Rage
>HLC
>Gunner
>>
>>50208025
>dial
Red all over, save for a lonely green 1-straight.
>>
File: you fucking what m8.png (69KB, 579x607px) Image search: [Google]
you fucking what m8.png
69KB, 579x607px
>mfw strike two for fucksticks dragging their personal politics into Star Wars
Goddammit, Disney, keep your people on a leash.
>>
>>50210172
Stop bringing this up. This is /pol/-tier bait and has nothing to do with Star Wars.
>>
>>50209085
I like it, though imo every build should strive to have at least ONE canon character on board if able
>>
>>50210203
First time I brought this up, anon. Sorry if you've seen that guy's posts multiple times before.
>>
>>50210258
>Sorry if you've seen that guy's posts multiple times before
Yeah it's been all over /swco/, /swtv/ and /pol/.

I'm sorry if I snapped, I just hoped we could be better then them here on /swg/ and talk about shipfus.
>>
File: morris marina.jpg (21KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
morris marina.jpg
21KB, 280x200px
>>50210276
Yeah, I know, my bad. Knee-jerk post, didn't think it through. I was excited for Rogue One, saw that, remembered Wendig's tantrum, and got worried that Rogue One would be tainted this close to release by the personal politics of a staff member.

In other news, shipfus. What's the space equivalent of a Morris Marina?
>>
>>50210369
>got worried that Rogue One
Don't worry anon. Cold Corporate Drones and our Autists at the Canon Group will ensure the movie is at least an average movie.
>>
>>50210369
>Morris Marina
Maybe a Hwk-290?
>>
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/797486561499627520?lang=en Interesting point about the market metrics behind the end of TCW.

>>50205373
At least they got rid of dangerous pistol grips.
>>
File: TIE Striker Hasbro.jpg (210KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Striker Hasbro.jpg
210KB, 1500x1500px
>>50210172
FUCK

I was getting hype for Rogue One.

Now I'm worried.

But enough about that.

TIE Striker still looks like sex.
>>
>>50210629
But it's finished right?

They can't do anything to it and it's a film so heavy supervision is in effect.
>>
>>50210629
Still thinks it looks like the retarded younger brother of the TIE Phantom.

Given, i might change my mind when i see on screen in R1 but from what i've seen it hasn't impressed me
>>
>>50210456
Yeah because those scary black assault pistol grips was influencing all the good boys whu dindunuffin into murdering all dem chilluns

Anyway, let's make this star wars related before my inner /k/ommando spergs out completely: What NY/Commiefornia-esque rules would a "civilized"* core world impose on blasters?
Let's say during the Empire's rule to make it easier.

*Civilized as in "We're a civilized world, so what do you NEED that black scary 20 round assault carbine for?"
>>
>>50210172
>>50210629
What's going on in that picture? Why should we worry?
>>
>>50210172
>>50210629
>>50210707
Poor 'muritrash kiddos.You don't get it,don't you? Your wishes don't matter. You are cancer, like tiny fingers.
So we rebel. And in the end, you burn and vanish.
>>
>>50211058
Chris Weitz is a staff member on the Rogue One production team. The safety pin icon is an icon of political allegiance related to the recent US presidential race, as well as other political movements in recent years. The worrying part is that someone this vocally partisan is working on a project that is intended to appeal to the mass market. From a purely business sense, the move is diplomatically unwise.
>>
>>50211025
Oseon had "Only thew rich fucks and their pet government can carry weapons on the asteroids." in the Lando Calrisian Adventures.
>>
>>50211025
Limits on fire mode, fire rate, power output, power cell capacity, stock design, optics, cooling hardware, grips, reloading methods, etc. Probably restrictions to ion-only and stun-only, as well. Pretty much every aspect of a weapon can be fucked by regulatory dickery. We saw that when the Empire fucked Joraan by drowning the Pinook design team in red tape.

Chandrila would likely impose such things, both in the Rebellion and nucanon sequel eras. Chandrilans in Legends:

>Chandrilans acquired a reputation throughout the galaxy as arrogant and argumentative, due partly to their emphasis on political education and debate. Since Chandrila was a world with perfect climate and docile animal life, native Chandrilans were unfamiliar with the everyday struggles of life in less comfortable environments. Eager to share their paradisaical way of life, they found resistance to their ideas baffling. Those who left their home-world typically found employment as diplomats, negotiators, or artists.

It's basically Space Berkeley. In nucanon, Mon Mothma was the main driving force behind the NR's disarmament, IIRC. Chandrilans are fine with dagger-related assassinations, but they'd probably strongly oppose muh tactical salt power cells.
>>
>>50211152
well the Star Wars universe is about as consistent in presenting the power and capability of blasters as I am in finishing analogies that I start.

Rogue One looks fun, though I'm kinda curious in how their going to match this up with Rogue Squadron. If it was just legends they could ignore that completely, but iirc, Rogue Squadron mentioned by name in The Empire Strikes Back, so nucanon still has that.
>>
IIRC Disruptor weapons where illegal, at least in the NR era.
>>
/k/ulaks please go home
>>
File: 20161112_171318.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161112_171318.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Nice, it finally came.
>>
File: mfw Kaleesh.jpg (223KB, 736x1012px) Image search: [Google]
mfw Kaleesh.jpg
223KB, 736x1012px
>>50212271
>>
>>50212278
Looks good, where'd you get it, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>50212971

'Thor's Hobbies and Costume Shop', by way of Amazon.
>>
>>50213003
Thanks, looking to put a Grand admiral costume together, I just need to find some decent boots.
>>
>>50212278
What are those, Jolly Ranchers?
>>
A friend of mine just bought the TFA Core Set today. He wants to play Empire, so I recommended Imperial Veterans. Anything else he should pick up?
>>
>>50214326
Imperial aces and an interceptor, and a tie/fo blister
>>
>>50214917
basic TIE fighter are also good, and the original Core set gets you another set of dice and tiles, which is nice to have around.
>>
>>50212595
REMOVE HUK
>>
File: B7 LF.jpg (154KB, 1200x829px) Image search: [Google]
B7 LF.jpg
154KB, 1200x829px
>>50210369
>What's the space equivalent of a Morris Marina?

Something cheap, fairly terrible and everyone forgot they ever existed until one turns up and people go 'wtf is that piece of shit?'
"Its a piece of shit"
You get things like the B7 made by a 'meh' company, probably under slave labour around the time of the YT1300, the Ghtroc's, Koensayr ILH Citidels and all sorts of stuff post clone wars that was really good.
And then you get this piece of shit with half the cargo capacity, half as slow as a turtle crawling over broken glass and a hyperdrive that may as well date back to the Sith wars.

I have actually been in a Morris Marina that was a friend of the families '2nd car', they're not remarkable at all except for the fantastic amounts of rust, literally no power and handling like a drunk, oh and about half the seat belts actually worked. It was also a deeper shade of brown than the one in your photo, sort of a 70's shit brown that was popular at the time.
>>
>>50210172
>thinking Twitter matters ever
>bringing /pol/shit into our /swg/ lagoon

Come on XWW
>>
>>50216299
My mistake. Not my finest hour. Again, it was a knee-jerk reaction to something about which I was fairly hyped until the time of that post.
>>
>>50216299
swgoon
>>
File: 136073075539.jpg (84KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
136073075539.jpg
84KB, 600x857px
>>50216324

Hey, I don't even know whats going on. I've stayed away from 4chan this whole week because I don't want to see election bullshit in every thread, every board.

I'm curious what this issue is with Rogue One, but I guess I can't even ask?
>>
>>50216339
It's election bullshit. Spoiler contains explanation if you wish to continue reading about election bullshit. A production staff member declared allegiance to one party of the issue without the green-light from Disney, as signified by the safety pin. This individual continued to make further politically charged remarks comparing the nucanon Empire to opposing political groups. My own political views aside, from a purely business standpoint, it's very unprofessional.
>>
>>50216339
My best guess is the line of thought being "if disney is letting this mongoloid run loose with his red-hot opinions, that bodes ill with the possibility of fucking about with politishit in future star wars products, possibly including rogue one"
>>
>>50216385
You sound like a cunt right now XWW
>>
>>50192559

Hello /swg/,

I'm running an ex-merc fighter pilot character, and i'm going to say he used to fly Z-95's for a merc outfit out in Hutt Space.

Where, though, do I find the z-95 stats in FFSWRPG?

Love,

Anon
>>
>>50216398
Like I said, I should not have posted it in the first place. I fucked up and I apologize.
>>
File: 1478991876846.jpg (40KB, 803x298px) Image search: [Google]
1478991876846.jpg
40KB, 803x298px
>>50216385

Huh, is that because of pic related? Because isn't pic related always been true in the EU? The whole "White" part not so much, but hasn't the empire always been "humans first, everyone else distant second" ?

Sorry if this might be starting a discussion about /pol/ bullshit - feel free to not reply, its cool, I don't want to muddy the lagoon waters
>>
>>50216425
They're in the EoTE core rulebook, the Heavy-95 variant is in stay on target, and my homebrew stats for the MK I swing-wing should be in the OP google docs
>>
>>50216395
Reminder that Star Wars is based on what Lucas liked, including his politics. Which align with people working there now.
>>
>>50216425
Main rulebook, page 258.
>>
>>50216453
EU, yes, NuCanon seems to go back and forth on that issue
>>
>>50216339
My guess is the implication that somehow Trump winning the election would cause all them SJWs to somehow rewrite/reinterpret an already filmed movie. People on Twitter can make whatever claims they want, but Star Wars has never been particularly good at politics even when it tries to be, let alone when it's just internet people shouting.

Regardless, you guys have done a great job of providing a nice place to escape from bullshit and talk about how Star Wars is cool for everyone. With that in mind, enough /pol/shit. What cool characters have you been thinking of that haven't got a chance to play yet /swg/?
>>
>>50216517
The punisher, but a wookee.
>>
File: SWE06_5176_Species_001.png (165KB, 272x662px) Image search: [Google]
SWE06_5176_Species_001.png
165KB, 272x662px
>>50216517
>What cool characters have you been thinking of that haven't got a chance to play yet /swg/?

Hahaha, Plenty. I'm forever GM in Star Wars, but I've recently gotten some opportunities to play.

But really, I've got mando ideas, droid ideas, jedi ideas, various flavor of scum ideas, the list goes on. I'm currently working on a Bothan maybe-jedi, cunning based scumhead underworld dude.
>>
File: BT_EL-16HFE.jpg (49KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
BT_EL-16HFE.jpg
49KB, 1024x768px
I wonder if we're going to get some FFG stats for the Blastech EL-16 - supposed to be brand new in the GCW time (being said to be old outdated surplus during the Ep7 timeline)
>>
>>50216517
Shit, I got a bunch of those. Guess I'll post the most recent one first
For F&D, a old jedi who ran away as an apprentice with his waifu a decade pre-TPM, and lived in complete seclusion somewhere way out in wild space. She died a year ago, and he decided to haul his old ship out of the barn and return to the wider galaxy, not knowing what the fuck's happened in the last forty years.
>>
>>50216454

I'm heavily focused in ship combat (4 agi, 3 pilot space, talented jockey, rapid reaction, Enhance (Pilot (Space)) but I haven't really read the ship combat rules and will eventually, but while we're new to the campaign and can redesign character sheets, is there anything I should know? How important is gunnery? What type of snubfighters are better than others? If I had a favourite type of z-95 variant, what would it be? I can bullshit all the usual pilot talk about stuff breaking or war stories and so forth, but other people at the table are hugely into star wars and i've just seen the movies/read some of the x-wing books as a kid (so I know what a z-95 is roughly, a cheaper, older, x-wing lookalike).
>>
File: 1282980593131.jpg (93KB, 738x787px) Image search: [Google]
1282980593131.jpg
93KB, 738x787px
>>50216610
>is there anything I should know?

Ship Combat needs excessive house ruling to be viable
>>
>>50216637

:c

A lot of things are being handwaved mechanically does that help

or hinder

typically I am the GM and I houserule everything because game designers think rolling unnecessary dice and consulting tables is a good idea, but I am this time le playero
>>
>>50216610

gunnery is very important, getting the first shot too (initiative both ways), and making sure you never get hit even by accident because you can't rely on starfighter HP except in a one vs one.

Piloting is more important for racing or escape scenes.
>>
File: Ship Combat House Rules.jpg (786KB, 1120x755px) Image search: [Google]
Ship Combat House Rules.jpg
786KB, 1120x755px
>>50216649
>>
>>50216610
Well, the canon ship combat rules mean you are virtually certain to die in your first dogfight, so the first thing I'd do is ask your group about houserules. After y'all decide on which ones to use, learn them thoroughly.
As for snubfighters, in the canon rules anything that carries missiles and has a hardpoint (for upgraded sensors) can literally BVR any stock fighter to death before they know you're there, and the HWK-290 is the best fighter, but anyway, in house rules it depends, but handling is probably gonna be important, along with shields. A stock Z-95 is not great but acceptable at those two things, and can be modified to be better. It probably can't shoot it out with TIEs and win, unless piloted by somebody who's really good and/or massively modified, but it's enough to go up against most criminal and pirate craft. Gunnery's importance again is heavily dependent on your choice of house rules, but is always gonna be a good choice, though maybe not quite as important as piloting
>>
>>50216677
>Piloting is more important for racing or escape scenes.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-ANTASY FLIGHT GAAAAAAMMEESSS!!!!

>>50216687

I'm not sure the GM will want to houserule things beyond handwaving some rolls. I'll bring that jpg to him, although it might be a bit uncomfortably 4chan.

If there was something more official-looking it might go down better.

>>50216705

In my mind yes, Z-95s are not the best but he worked for mercs in the outer rim, not exactly going to be fielding expensive/top combat starfighters.

I'd prefer to avoid dying! If something like the above houserules are used, what are some good choices vis starfighter upgrades for the Z-95? If i'm in a position to buy a starfighter, which version of the Z-95 should I go for, or is there something that so far outclasses it that my pilot's preference would matter less? We're timeline-wise a bit after the Battle of Endor, and we're using all books/splats. Currently the team is the personal muscle for a devaronian bounty agent millionaire who has decided to fuck his job and go find his long lost daughter to give her all his money. We've been hired as gumshoes for the job, and he's coming along in his starship (since we lack one). So we're basically lackeys.

I'd also like to basically focus hard on starfighter combat/piloting, just because it fits the character to basically be a more dynamic version of Wash from firefly.
>>
>>50216768
Honestly, by that point laying hands on an actual X-wing would not be beyond the pale, especially with your boss' connections, though a pre-upgraded Z-95 would be easier to get.
As for upgrades, if they don't do house rules, enhanced sensors are literally the difference between life and death. If they do, the one that enhances handling is a good choice (forget what it's called)
And if you want less 4chan looking houserules because your group are cowards, there's a PDF floating around that looks much nicer.
>>
>>50216854

Not that i'm saying anything for or against this group, but disliking 4chan is not exactly unreasonable.

I figured the X-wing would probably be the king of starfighters, given the fluff, but i'm already a force sensitive pilot, I don't want to go full Luke Skywalker on this. If you find that PDF i'd appreciate a link (a quick google gives me too many things some of which look shit).
>>
>>50216970
I don't have it because I'm on a phone, but somebody around here should.
And if you want a fancier fighter than a Z-95 but not an X-wing, I could probably stat one for you, if your group is willing to accept such a thing. If not, the sad fact is that with a bit of work the HWK-290 is literally a better X-wing than the X-wing is.
>>50216385
Hey X, you have it?
>>
>>50210444
We've almost-universally agreed that the HWK is the Delorean.
>>
File: 1424754029322.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1424754029322.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>50217024
>you have it
Have what?
>>
>>50217060
The fighter houserules PDF.
But also bourbon, because you probably need it
>>
>>50216593
I like this guy. What is he good at? More hardened veteran or wise mystic?
>>
>>50216970
>>50217024
Other good options: Starchaser(In Stay on Target), Star Hopper or Kimogilla (Both in Lords of Nal Hutta I think, I know the starhopper is), T-Wing(Stay on Target again), A-Wing, Star Wing (With some houserule buffs it's supposed to be an IMPROVEMENT on the Y-Wing role, not a shitty version of it like it is in Fly Casual)
>>
>>50217094

Thanks for the info. I'm mostly looking for agile, small fighters because I would like to go up against impossible odds and live through it (perhaps/probably via the use of some kind of terrain) in order to rescue someone/serve some cause of good because i'm a bloody Light Side Paragon.

>>50217024

Eh i'd probably like to steer clear of homebrew. I am personally 400% in favour of it but I don't know the group well, and they seem against it.
>>
File: Starchaser aw_starchaser2.jpg (47KB, 600x293px) Image search: [Google]
Starchaser aw_starchaser2.jpg
47KB, 600x293px
>>50216970
>>50217094
Mother fucking Starchaser.
>>50216593
>>50217092
Sounds like he spent more time as a farmer/ family man.
>>
>>50217090
There were multiple PDFs posted over this general's history, but unfortunately, I only have one serviceable pdf. Had issues with file corruption over the past week.
>>
>>50216854

The boss is like, permanently drunk and lost all his contacts in a game of sabacc, which is why he's on this journey of (self-)discovery, so anything I get my hot little hands on is likely to be the absolute rock bottom dregs of fightercraft.
>>
>>50217092
Too-old-for-this-shit grump and excellent tracker/shooter/situational awareness; he was a professional hunter of nasty beasts on the planet where holed up. He's also surprisingly good with a lightsaber because he got his instruction from an actual real-deal master (who apparently vanished a few years after he did; he wonders if he escaped the same way as he did, though if he did, he'd be lushing 90 by now)
Hobbies include cooking and giving out terrible romantic advice that worked for him but likely won't for literally everyone else
>>
I wonder, did these fighter designs inspire the various "Neutral" star fighters in Jump to Lightspeed? I can see their lineage in the Hutt and Black Sun fighters alike.

>>50217122
You will die almost instantly without homebrew in a starfighter.
>>
>>50217122
An old Clone Wars V-wing could be good, it's in Stay On Target. It's small-ish (all fighters are the same size in FFG anyways), it's stats are pretty good and it would be exactly the sort of thing that a mercenary would have
>>
>>50217122
>because I would like to go up against impossible odds and live through it (perhaps/probably via the use of some kind of terrain)
Without going homebrew, you won't live through fucking 1:1 odds most likely, and 2:1 would be 100% instant death. And the terrible thing about FFG is, terrain wouldn't even help
>>
File: Senate_command02.jpg (122KB, 605x582px) Image search: [Google]
Senate_command02.jpg
122KB, 605x582px
I really liked the more mobile "Kir-kanos-dyed-blue" toy of the Senate Guards, (I had a good one that I lost) but the Senate Guard/Commandos in TCW were good too.
>>
File: Aut-O.png (701KB, 1024x800px) Image search: [Google]
Aut-O.png
701KB, 1024x800px
>>50216517
>What cool characters have you been thinking of that haven't got a chance to play yet /swg/?

super tac droid trader/smuggler.
an old clone wars droid that missed the shutdown command because reasons.
Spent a decade or so adrift in a crippled warship before regaining contact woth the wider galaxy, developed a personality in that time and has taken affront to the disposablity he and other droids are treated with.
has a desire for personhood (kind of a bicentennial man thing) so poses as a full body cyborg human so he can have rights and such.

wishes to get legal personhood for all intellogent droids but knows he's got a long uphill battle ahead of him. if campaign relevant is partial to joining the rebellion, if you want to institute such a big change you need lots of influence in the government. Being directly involved in the new government seizing power is probably the most feasible way to get that influence.
>>
This set of house rules was compiled by Danon, its a mix of Norton's rules, Redback's shields and a few others
>>
File: Y-Wing-Fighter_0e78c9ae.jpg (90KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Y-Wing-Fighter_0e78c9ae.jpg
90KB, 768x432px
>>50217419
Were Senate Commandos clones?

Also, what's a good proxy for a Scum Y-Wing? I got the cards and dials off a guy as a package deal but no miniature. Maybe a TIE Bomber painted in Scum colors?
>>
>>50217995
No, they were easily compromised ordinary people.
>>
>>50217094
>Starchaser
Dumb idea/random question time: if you pulled the conc-missile launcher and maybe the hyperdrive out of the R-41, d'you think you could upgrade the armour? Maybe not to 'X-wing' levels of tough, but maybe from 'tissue paper' to 'stiff cardboard'.
>>
File: deathtrooper0007.jpg (194KB, 1280x896px) Image search: [Google]
deathtrooper0007.jpg
194KB, 1280x896px
>>50218105
Yeah, not totally sure about modifying it in FFG systems, but between stripping out the guns and the one base hardpoint you'd probably be able to fit more stuff in.
>>
>>50203585
>8 movement
>3 dice attack
>2 attack actions
>still a healthy amount of hp behind a black die
Holy shit this guys is gonna get in every single imperial list, screencap this, it's going to happen
>>
>>50218157
Uh I forgot to include why that image was relevant, I really meant to express my love of the SE-14.
>>
I already play X-Wing but lately i'm thinking about getting into some other competitive star wars miniature game. I made some lists for both Imperial Assault and Armada in the past and every now and then i check for what's changed in the meta of each game. Shoul i get into one of them? Should i try to resist this urge instead? Are they good? Wich one should i get into? Imperial Assault requires almost every big expansion to be played but the most used Armada cards are spread into multiple expansion sets of both factions too, so wich one is the cheapest to get into?
>>
>>50210953
It might just be the earlier version of the TIE Interceptor. IIRC those came later on in the GCW.
>>
>>50211776

Ground squad callsign as opposed to a starfighter squadron callsign?
>>
>>50216585
That blaster looks like it cam out of Fallout 4 and I love it.
>>
>>50219998
Interceptors are already in Rebels, I think the Striker is supposed to be an Atmospheric fighter.
>>
>>50217122
By RAW, your piloting skill does not help you live through anything. There's one Talent, Defensive Driving, that will give you a slim defense, which means that the difference between Wedge Antilles and an unenhanced ewok on stilts is about 2 black dice. AKA, fucking nothing.
>>
>>50220134

True, but Interceptors were reserved for the best of the TIE/ln pilots. I don't think it's a dedicated in atmo fighter, seeing as the regular TIE is seen fighting in atmo all the time. The Empire was all about standardization and mass production.

Dedicated fighter-bomber maybe?
>>
>>50220743
The elongated cockpit might have room for a copilot/passenger.

Going by various toys and images, it looks like the wings can move up and down as well
>>
>>50216517

I haven't really had a chance to do anything with cybernetics. That might be fun.
>>
File: jet trooper elite.png (259KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
jet trooper elite.png
259KB, 300x465px
>>50218163
He's very good, and he'll be in a lot of lists, no doubt about that. But I don't think he'll make it into every Imperial list, just because there are some that don't really have a spot for him. General Sorin lists come to mind. He doesn't play into that list at all with his keywords. Maybe he'll make it in over elite Jet Troopers anyway, but I don't think he's an auto-pick.
>>
>>50220743

It is supposed to be a ground defense fighter, though they can also do space. They guard ground bases mostly, though apparently they can also orbital transfer small amounts of people and supplies because of the elongated cabin.

>>50220800

Seems to be the idea. Probably these are their "Adaptive Ailerons" which make them go fast.
>>
Think FFG will finally post the Quadjumper preview tomorrow?
>>
>>50205908
I did something similar - it is pretty balanced combat-wise as a party ship, works pretty well if you want the party to do a lot of drop ship in and out stuff rather than much full-scale space combat (doesn't have much to do for folks that aren't the pilot/co-pilot).
The Lambda doesn't have living quarters in it - but that was part of the entertainment for a lot of my group - having to live out of it hand-to-mouth 'transit van' style (sleeping on the cold hard metal floor next to each other, surviving off ration paste and reheats when they stole a hot plate, a kettle being a luxury item, etc) really helped get them in the mood to be poor, desperate rebels.
>>
File: ARC40b.png (820KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ARC40b.png
820KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>50223434
This looks half super sexy and half absolutely terrible.
>>
File: Miytil_SotG.jpg (45KB, 576x336px) Image search: [Google]
Miytil_SotG.jpg
45KB, 576x336px
>>50223703
The sexy half looks real familiar
>>
>>50221965
They better.
>>
Are there many X-Wing players in the UK?
>>
File: vasudanfighter.jpg (126KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vasudanfighter.jpg
126KB, 640x480px
>>50223741
>>50223434

>sudden freespace flashbacks
>>
>>50216705
>As for snubfighters, in the canon rules anything that carries missiles and has a hardpoint (for upgraded sensors) can literally BVR any stock fighter to death before they know you're there, and the HWK-290 is the best fighter,

This, i just dropped sensor as rule entirely
>>
Spacebump
>>
File: jan_rozanski_01.jpg (584KB, 1800x895px) Image search: [Google]
jan_rozanski_01.jpg
584KB, 1800x895px
>mmmmnosleep
Did find some cool art though early this morning
>>
File: jan_rozanski_02.jpg (660KB, 1800x910px) Image search: [Google]
jan_rozanski_02.jpg
660KB, 1800x910px
>>50228452
>>
File: jan_rozanski_03.jpg (983KB, 1800x910px) Image search: [Google]
jan_rozanski_03.jpg
983KB, 1800x910px
>>50228465
>>
File: Lambda Dial Guess.png (88KB, 218x185px) Image search: [Google]
Lambda Dial Guess.png
88KB, 218x185px
What do you guys think the Upsilon Shuttle's dial is going to be?

It has green 2 banks, but that's all we know for sure.

My guess is it will look like pic related. It might have green 1 banks.

What do you guys think?
>>
File: Beach Landing.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Beach Landing.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>50229756
I think it'll have 1/2-turns & banks but not 3-turns, like the YT-1300. Since it's a lander it may not even have any maneuvers past speed-3 but I'd be surprised.
>>
>>50230238
Are you referring to the Upsilon or the U-wing?

Your pic makes it unclear.
>>
>>50230249
WHOOPS, I skipread U and thought U-wing.
>>
>>50226424
MAH FUCKING NIGGA
>>
>>50230276
The U-wing probably has the dial I just made, but with no 3-hard, and green 1 banks.
>>
How long do you guys think thirty acklays deployed via drop pod could survive on Coruscant 6-8 years after the end of the Clone Wars? Long enough to start breeding?
>>
>>50230392

Really depends on where they land, and how closely they are grouped.

Pods all clustered, in the lower levels? If they got get noticed and get security called, maybe they all get rounded up.

Scattered across double digit miles, probably safe from security cleanup, and can find each other to breed.

Anything in the upper levels, commercial districts or government centers? You bet they will be rounded up within a week.
>>
>>50230298

Thanks mang. I'm glad someone else appreciated it, I played that game when I was literally 8, along with my older cousin who drove the ship while I managed speed, armament, all that kind of thing. My love for it is at 11 and the dial broken off.

Now i'm off to play my weekly SW game, wish me luck!
>>
>>50229756

remove the 4 straight and 3 hard and thats what i think it will be. Give it green 1 banks
>>
>>50230752
i could see it having the 4 and 3 turns as reds
>>
File: five points if you get it.jpg (508KB, 1300x956px) Image search: [Google]
five points if you get it.jpg
508KB, 1300x956px
So, are we finally getting our spoiler on pic related tonight?
>>
>>50232415
QUADJUMPER! With my five points I'd like to see what's behind door #3!
>>
>>50232415
>Quad Jumper

I sure hope so.
>>
>>50216385
And this is precisely why I said goodbye to stat wars the moment I knew JJ was brought in. I knew the franchise was going to turn into a soap box for progressives. The man cannot do fun space adventures he *has* to shoehorn in something about sjw's or he isn't happy. For star trek he had to give Spok jungle fever and in star wars he had to completely rewrite the lead so feminism can be served and now star wars is going to have a black widow. Some girl that's 120 lbs soaking wet drop kicking 300+lb stormtroopers across rooms because girl power.

Granted that wasn't JJ but the direction they were going to take was clear from the moment they hired him.

I'm fucking done.
>>
>>50233069
You sound like a fun guy
>>
>>50206035
>not having cabins and shit.
or an airlock;
no really I've looked at this thing a dozen times, it has no way of docking with other ships, so unless the ship you're rendezvouing with has a hanger, or was specially designed to dock with a lambda, you will need to find a meeting point on a planet or space station in order to have a face-to-face.

was my AoR party's starting ship and discovered this problem when they needed to meet w/ a CR90 rebel courier.
>>
>tfw we have to wait another week to see the YT-2400 in Rebels
The fuck is Disney doing?
>>
Hey SWG

I wanna try out one of the RPG's but have no idea where to start. Wanted to do the jedi one but the force dice system was fucked

also since my friends quote "Don't know much about star wars" I'll be riding...solo..on..*breaks down into tears*
>>
>>50233069
> An alien and a human have a romantic relationship
> This is a jewish SJW cuckspiracy because the human woman has dark skin

Go outside.
>>
>>50235343

Also
>implying that's not the shit Roddenberry was all about in the first place

First interracial kiss on TV.
>>
>>50235381
Considering the overall themes of Star Trek I'm sure that was done largely as a massive "FUCK YOU" to that era.
>>
>>50234960
>Wanted to do the jedi one but the force dice system was fucked

What makes you say that? If your problem is that you need force rating 2/3 to reliably throw down force powers then yeah, that's kinda the point. Luke took several attempts just to move a lightsaber at first, even when he was trained in RotJ he still only rarely pulled the force out.

If your image of force powers is more prequel trilogy where characters are basically brushing their teeth with the force you'll want to take a look at Saga Edition D20.
>>
>>50235343
Don't make him go outside, he might actually encounter a non-white non-male person.
>>
>>50233069
>For star trek he had to give Spok jungle fever
To be fair, didn't he just flip the relationship, the same way he flipped the Wrath of Khan death scene? I remember Uhura and Kirk being a pairing in TOS.

>black widow
If you're referring to the Marvel character, again, to be fair, Legends had Mara Jade, who remains well-liked by many anons in these threads. The primary issues with Jyn Erso are that she's not Kyle "blow up the broad side of the barn" Katarn, her "I rebel" line was pretty cheesy, and she ironically ticks fewer marks on the diversity checklist than Jan Ors.

If you're referring to bereaved melanin-enriched females, I think you may be overreacting a little.
>>
>>50233069
> I knew the franchise was going to turn into a soap box for progressives. The man cannot do fun space adventures he *has* to shoehorn in something about sjw's or he isn't happy. For star trek he had to give Spok jungle fever

Dude, Star Trek was literally the original soap box for progressives. I mean there might have been some more progressive themes in sci-fi books or whatever, but those were pretty niche. Star Trek on the other hand was the first widespread popcultural programme to contain this sort of messages. It had the first interracial kiss on tv for fucks sake.
>>
>>50235508

To be fair, no one is Kyle Katarn.
>>
>>50235587
And it was pretty fucking hot considering the acting talents and the in show circumstances.
>>
>>50192559
Why the fuck does the seeker career have ranged (heavy) as a class skill instead of ranged (light), I just want to make a force sensitive gunslinger
>>
>>50236532
>Wanting there to be no force sensitive classes with ranged heavy

Why tho

Besides, with the numerous specializations and careers there's got to be at least one with most of the skills you want
>>
>>50236532
Because they're the psychotic fucks strolling around the Savannah with Rancor guns.

The sentinel book actually does include a jedi gunslinger focused on ranged (light). Really nice talents in it too, they boost soak for them and their allies in cover and get bonuses on attacks against anyone who's not invulnerable to the force.
>>
>>50236711
Guardian. The jedi GUARDIAN has a gunslinger spec. My bad.
>>
>>50235381
What's it like to be so damaged that you can't sit down and just enjoy a fucking mo vie without flipping your shit about "miscegnation"?
>>
>>50237315

You're talking to the wrong guy. >>50233069 is the one that complained about progressive agenda in SW and Star Trek. >>50235381 was pointing out that "JJ is adding progressive agenda to Star Trek" is stupid because it had been there since the sixties.
>>
File: maxpaynevidya.jpg (408KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxpaynevidya.jpg
408KB, 1920x1200px
NO DISINTEGRATIONS WHEN?

I saw something about them being on the boat, how far off should I be expecting?
>>
>>50238211

Well, FFG's website doesn't seem to get more specific than "fourth quarter of this year", so sometime between now and New Years, I guess.
>>
>>50230713
Luck, mate.
>>
>>50233069

>writer doesn't cater to my values which represent like 5% of the audience
>writer is bad

M'kay, /pol/. Get back in your box now please.

It's worth noting that the only place still as anti-black-people as america are like, pacific islands. American media is sold all over the world, and the super racist ones sell less well by far.
>>
>>50234960

The force dice system is pretty unimpressive, yeah. Actually the more I play FF's swrpg, the less i'm impressed. It requires a lot of GM-finessing to actually work at all, otherwise, just like all their other ttrpg products, it requires a hivemind team of ultraspecialized autists to actually succeed at 'average' difficulty checks. The sole difference is that unlike Dark Heresy, it has hp bloat so you're less likely to die falling down the stairs.

I think if I need to run SW in future i'm just going to use something lightweight like Fate or Rapture.
>>
File: 5vQByRO.jpg (51KB, 605x863px) Image search: [Google]
5vQByRO.jpg
51KB, 605x863px
>>50238591

We spent the entire session trying - and failing - to buy blasters. And the GM basically told me that space combat would not be occurring, after knowing full well I had made a character whose main/only skill is flying spaceships. And he didn't want to use the houserules because 'he had seen them before' and 'they made space combat unrealistic'.

We're rolling 2-3 purple dice to like, tie our shoes. This isn't an optimized party. The only thing we can do is gang-shoot people who run up and start fights with us for no reason, like some kind of assassin hiding inside our ship for 3 weeks of interstellar travel for no reason.

>this was supposed to be the one game I get to be a player in
>pulls open a draw
>looks at the beanie marked 'GM Hat'
>sighs
>takes another shot of whiskey
>>
>>50232933
Behind door number three we have! ... a spoiler for Android: Netrunner.
>>
File: RattsHS.jpg (78KB, 320x262px) Image search: [Google]
RattsHS.jpg
78KB, 320x262px
>>50239583

Sounds like quite the GM you got there, paisan.
>>
File: 1472531763603.jpg (122KB, 486x431px) Image search: [Google]
1472531763603.jpg
122KB, 486x431px
>>50239583
>they made space combat unrealistic
>unrealistic
>star wars
Your GM a shit, sorry.
>>
>>50233069
Leave and never come back white supremacist scum.
>>
>>50239701
>>50239929

It's a bit painful. It's a pickup game, so i'm not sure what I was expecting, but the bad system sorta adds to all the.. problems. Worse is the people trying to, play the game, and not being able to because of completely lacking mechanics and GM interaction.

I think i'm just going to invite these players to a shadowrun game that i'll run at the same place.
>>
So I'm new to tabletop wargames but my friend has a little experience from Warhammer. We both enjoy X-Wing but he rocks the most wanted pack and switches between missile headhunters and a scum Y-Wing. With either TIE FOs or the the T-70 I get peppered or blasted to bits. Share some tactics or low point T70 or FO builds please... Or at least some sympathy. I don't get my Defenders for another 10 days at min.
>>
File: 1476052641732.jpg (212KB, 752x900px) Image search: [Google]
1476052641732.jpg
212KB, 752x900px
>>50240514
Pandering and prioritizing diversity and progressive ideology over story-telling is not they way to create a good film anon.

It may be great to value in our personal lives, but once our personal believes start tinging our creative works it will no longer be about what we are attempting to create, it will simply become a tool to convince others.
>>
>>50243477
And yet JJ is the one swimming in millions and you're just a bitter little kid shitposting from your mommy's basement.
So adorable how you pretend to have any moral superiority.
>>
>>50243637
>X is richer, so he's morally right
Not an argument, George Soros.
>>
File: jokers boner.jpg (181KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
jokers boner.jpg
181KB, 1000x500px
>>50243477
It seems like you're implying that creative work should not contain personal beliefs of any variety, for any reason, or else it is propaganda. Wew Lad
>>
>>50243477
>Saw that someone was reusing my Astraal reaction image
>Realizing it's being used to continue this dumb argument

Dude it's one tweet. Rogue One looks awesome. Maybe it will be shit instead. But I doubt the reasons it could be bad will have anything to do with that the lead has a vagina or there are nonwhite characters. Also while I doubt that the movie will have any deep or meaningful things to say about politics, religion, diversity, or philosophy, that doesn't mean that personal beliefs aren't a totally valuable way to inject meaning into any art form. Call of Duty can have all the cool eye candy in the world, doesn't mean people will ever give a shit about its story.
>>
>>50243477
while >>50243637 is a whiny child that can't seem to make an actual argument beyond shitposting, you do have to admit that promoting diversity isn't ruining the new movies. Daisy Ridley did fine as Rey, John Boyega was great, Oscar Isaac did a good job and nothing in Rogue One beyond that dumb 'I rebel' line has been looking bad. Writing on the seat of your pants messed up TFA a bit, and the decision to keep it closer to ANH didn't help it, but it was fine and so far it looks like even if the first movie out of the gate wasn't good everything else is looking alright. Hell, aside from the Aftermath shitshow there's nothing thats been outright bad in the new canon. Mediocre in a lot of places sure, but that's what happens in anything.
>>
>>50243874
Even George was making a point about diversity with the Rebels intentionally diversifying like mad in Jedi to counterpoint the Empire's Nazis-in-Space motif.
>>
>>50243917
Daisy Ridley was just as bad, if not worse, than Hayden Christensen. At least the latter had atrocious dialogue we could laugh at. The rest of the cast felt like they were in a bigger budget student film, what with the terrible emoting.
>>
>>50243917
>Hell, aside from the Aftermath shitshow there's nothing thats been outright bad in the new canon. Mediocre in a lot of places sure, but that's what happens in anything.

Honestly mediocre is a pretty good bar to hit when it comes to licensed media. I'm sure they'll come up with a way to make it needlessly convoluted and terrible before long

>They recanonize SWTOR
>New Jedi Order length book series entirely about Darth Vitiate and the Eternal Empire
> Palpatine is actually Darth Vitiate
>>
>>50243917
>implying fish-eyes Ridley can even pretend to act or the nigger will ever be a decent character
Oscar Isaac was pretty great, though
>>
File: image.png (60KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60KB, 625x626px
>>50243945
>He's doubling down
>>
>>50243945
>Daisy Ridley was just as bad, if not worse, than Hayden Christensen
Okay, stop. You literally don't know what you're talking about and just spouting contrarian bullshit.
>>
File: Pellaeon_-_SWGTCG.jpg (24KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Pellaeon_-_SWGTCG.jpg
24KB, 250x250px
>>50243917
Diversity in of itself is not terrible, it just seems that more emphasis is being put on cultural diversity instead of actual movie making.

For me i see it as a problem of priorities. Is the first priority making your movei diverse, or is it creating a good cinematic experience, and not forcing your political beliefs through your medium.
>>
File: really.jpg (47KB, 247x372px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
47KB, 247x372px
>>50243945
Daisy Ridley was fine, the writing was bad. If you're trying to suggest John and Oscar were acting badly, you and I are going to be at odds and have to agree to disagree because they were both great and probably my favorite parts of that whole movie.

>>50243975
>Hating on Boyega
>>
>>50243955

Did SWTOR play fast and loose with canon or something?
>>
>>50244014
Stop being so fucking insecure in your beliefs that you have to pretend like anyone showing diversity is forcing anything on you. It's just projecting things on the screen, but near as hard as you're projecting.
>>
>>50244016
Boyega just apes around and throws quips all movie, his character is almost as useless as Leia was in the OT.
>>
>>50243978
Nope, someone completely new to the thread. I just came in hoping for new SW talk and all I got was "Muh TFA."

>>50243994
>People can't have opinions about bad actors
Anon pls. She went through every scene with dull surprise and minimal acting, and is apparently turning into a little bitch over just being in the movie.

>>50244016
>If you're trying to suggest John and Oscar were acting badly
Oscar Isaac did okay, I just felt he was wasted. Boyega was uh, well he had a nice arc, but it was too on the nose with the "WE ARE BAD PEOPLE" thing, so I couldn't get into his story. Standing up to what's his face at the end was a cool moment, I'll admit.
>>
>>50244043
/pol/, pls. You're just making yourself look stupid.
>>
>>50244026
Power levels are way out of control even for Old Republic stuff. Also apparently the Sith Emperor's hobby is making back up empires/siring kids to parent poorly. I think they realized that nothing they did would matter going forward so they might as well goes as crazy as possible
>>
>>50244039
Cultural diversity isn't forcing anything on me, except for shitty movies and people who will defend those shitty movies to their last breaths because those movies have become political symbols.

Which is partly what im arguing about here anon. You cant see them the way i seem them because you politics seems to color them to you. You see them as progressive symbols of the modern era, and not as poor movies.
>>
>>50244101
You're just projecting more bullshit and making yourself look all the more autistic.
Just stop.
>>
>>50244026
It wasted potential, that's for sure.
>Have Cam Clarke, Paul Eiding, and David Hayter on the cast
>Hayter's character, the male Knight, even interacts with the other two
>No shirtless fistfights on top of giant superweapons
>>
>>50244071

Hm. Any specifically noisome examples? Power levels are pretty screwy in MMOs, and Sith doing stupid shit to pit their progeny/underlings against each other sounds fairly in-character.
>>
>>50244101
>You see them as progressive symbols

Except how I don't. The kiss in Star Trek? That shit was a symbol. TFA? A fun movie I enjoyed with a cast of characters I liked. If you didn't think it was fun, that's fine too. You're the one who's blinded, in that the fact that it has diversity means you need to rally against it. For pretty much everyone else it's just a summer movie.
>>
Say, does anyone know the release date of Heroes of the Resistance?
>>
>>50244147
>Kills entire planets to eat their life force, except without any bad consequences like Darth Nihilus
>Ridiculously powerful mind control that the Emperor uses to try to retroactively ruin Darth Malak and Revan as characters by making their fall mind control instead of actual character stuff
>aforementioned hyper advanced empire with crazy unstoppable 1000 year old super fleet
>He made this empire while still ruining the Suth Empire because he was bored I guess?
>Everyone there is a Gray Jedi, and by Gray I mean Sith with different colored sabers who are also total mooks because it's an MMO
>>
File: Ion_Cannon_Turret.jpg (252KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ion_Cannon_Turret.jpg
252KB, 1000x900px
99 points

PILOTS

Keyan Farlander [Advanced Sensors, Heavy Laser Cannon, Push the Limit] (42)

Biggs Darklighter [R2-D2] (29)

Gold Squadron Pilot [R2 Astromech, Bomb Loadout, Extra Munitions, Ion Cannon Turret, Seismic Charges] (28)

How does this list look?
>>
>>50244241
It probably goes without saying, but throw an Integrated Astro on Biggs.
>>
>>50244212

Ah. That is pretty screwy. And involves the words "gray jedi", which already makes me sad.
>>
>>50244253
Oh yeah I had that
I just forgot to put it on the list
>>
>>50244212
I've not really looked into the overall philosophy of the zakuul knights, are they chinese knockoff sith? I figured it was just papa and his kids that were HURR WE BETTER THAN LIGHT AND DARK EXCUSE ME WHILE I SHIT LIGHTNING
>>
>>50244306
Pretty much the latter. They are basically knock off Imperial Knights who believe in the Emperor... I guess?
>>
>>50243945
Meh, she's easier on the eyes. And don't tell me I'm not the only one who watched her running around in the same set of sweaty robes and thought "I wonder, on a scale from hot to Stop! I can only get so erect, how amazing she smells?"
>>
Friend just got into scum for xwing and he's overwhelmed. I don't play or follow scum so I have no idea what to tell him. Please help. He has most wanted, core, and the shadowcaster.
>>
>>50244745
Well, the first step is to figure out what type of list he wants to run. A good start is choosing a ship or character that you like and going from there.

Does he like any of the Bounty Hunters? The Shadowcaster pilots?
>>
>>50244158
A month ago.
>>
>>50244769
Ketsu Onyo apparently.
>>
>>50212595
Buddy of mine drew this for his Kaleesh character about 4 years ago. That was a good game
>>
>>50216453
The Empire has usually been pro-Human but it makes sense do to the fact that it was Xenos that caused the Clone Wars and ripped the galaxy apart.
>>
File: sw bar.jpg (189KB, 686x500px) Image search: [Google]
sw bar.jpg
189KB, 686x500px
>Cultural diversity and shit

Where the fuck are we again and what have you cunts done with /swg/?
>>
>>50245107
I don't know man. Tell you what, lets shift the conversation. How many waves will we get of Destiny before it flames up and dies horribly? I'm betting 5. Hoping we get a wedge card before it all goes out.
>>
>>50245114
I hate fucked up timelines in that game. Hope it will die soon.
>>
>>50245090
I didn't know Sheev wasn't human.
>>
>>50245297
what, you aren't a fan of Rey and Qui Gon fighting Darth Vader and Kylo Ren?
>>
>>50204768
I'm not even /k/ and I find that hideous.
>>
Got a 75 point random partners doubles tournament coming up. Thoughts on this list for it?

Tycho Celchu — A-Wing 26
Rage 1
Chardaan Refit -2
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
A-Wing Test Pilot 0
Ship Total: 30

Airen Cracken — Z-95 Headhunter 19
Snap Shot 2
Ship Total: 21

Bandit Squadron Pilot — Z-95 Headhunter 12
Ship Total: 12

Bandit Squadron Pilot — Z-95 Headhunter 12
Ship Total: 12
>>
>>50245114

No idea. The game actually seems neat, but I can't go back to booster packs. I have been down that long, dark hole and managed to shake the addiction. XWM is way better, I know exactly what I have to buy to get what I want.
>>
File: dat crack.gif (496KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
dat crack.gif
496KB, 500x318px
>>50245114
Hard to say with card games, sometimes they tend to malinger around and just refuse to die.
I mean, MTG... that bastard was supposed to die at least 10 times by now and still it bumbles along, making young adults spend their cash on it like a rampaging opiate addiction. Literally watched 1/4 my squadron get off the plane, hit the town and ____________

A: >Get wildly drunk, punch each other and fuck some whores
B: >Get arrested for something insane and force me with hat in hand to sorrowfully bail them out of gaol the next day
C: >Get some booster packs, whole fucking boxes of those things

Actually it was A, B & C... fucking degenerates
>>
>>50245331
Uh-huh, just throw in some old shitpublic gary stus and non-canon post endor edgelords, why not?
>>
>>50245330
Most of the leaders of the sepratists where non-humans
>>
>>50247680
the who?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479218448756.jpg (99KB, 739x1040px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479218448756.jpg
99KB, 739x1040px
Coming up with some background for the Scrapshoot. She was a corellian security force prototype variant of the yt1300 modified for high speed interdiction, pursuit and aggressive asset recovery. As such, much of the interior space of the ship was gutted for the sake of more powerful engines, and a massive power core to feed it along with a pair of vectored thrusters mounted amidships and slaved directly to the power core with a pair of double heavy laser cannon hard points. These gave the ship unparalleled speed, firepower and maneuverability for its size at the cost of the vessels structural rigidity, most of the crew compartments, and the oft equipped hard points for turrets and missile launchers from the base yt freighter. The ships shields were vastly improved with a capital grade deflector unit from a cr90 Corvette to compensate for the thin hull plating. Unfortunately, the vessel was lost while en-route to delivery at the imperial testing facility on Coruscant, when it was stolen by rebel sympathizers within the corellian security forces.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479218454931.jpg (20KB, 532x532px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479218454931.jpg
20KB, 532x532px
>>50248070

Here's the adjusted dial I came up with. The build I settled on with this thing was expert handling, heavy laser cannon, gunner, and advanced sensors with the total point cost coming out to 70 with the ship at 50 points stock. This gives room for a pair of chardaan a-wings, or a stresshog, or an outer rim smuggler with some crew, etc etc you name it. Lots and lots of options there for fun builds. I tested this ship with that build and 2 a-wings against brobots, then 4 tactician b-wing e2's and rounded it out with a basic howlrunner tie swarm.
>>
New thread?
>>
>>50249621
New thread. Do it fgt
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.