[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stargate 1888 Recruitment!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 8

File: Tielk.jpg (235KB, 762x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Tielk.jpg
235KB, 762x1048px
Stargate 1888 is recruiting! Looking for players to join the glorious British Empire as they set out to conquer the stars themselves!

=||= High adventure in the Victorian era! =||=
GURPS 4th edition
-late TL5
-grim realism
-Starting PC's: [150/-50] human
-Campaign location/social geography: Victorian Britain Circa 1888.AD

I'm Looking to start up a new weekly regular game. Hit me up if you guys want in on a session 0, November 11th, where we can hash out the nitty-gritty details of who you are and what you're doing in the game. Ideally, you'll be heroes of the British empire, gallavanting about the stars in the Stargate universe. The empire has set up a new colony, Nova Londonium, and are preparing to foray further and further accross the gates!
>>Times Available (with timezone!)
'Friday night', GMT-7, 20h-24h
>>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
Roll20
>>Contact Info
Balthazarr, the Mad @ Roll20

I did already populate the game finder thread, but it's been a bit slow for my taste.
>>
File: 1436248500225.jpg (140KB, 1200x494px) Image search: [Google]
1436248500225.jpg
140KB, 1200x494px
The Royal Academy of Otherworldly Sciences was established by the joint effort of Her Magesty, Queen Victoria and her counterpart Christian IX of Denmark. The Academy has been recruiting aggresively among the great minds of Europe for some time, and has become a name spoken in hushed corners of dark venues. If, after all, The Academy asks you to join their ranks, you are destined for great works somewhere exotic in the far reaches of the known world.

Little do the common masses realize, these forays are quite otherworldly, entirely.

Those a part of the Royal Expeditionary Forces often were put into the force as...expendable. Those with a track record of reckless abandon, yet RESULTS. Those who couldnt be trusted domestically with trusted assets, yet had undeniably skills to put to use. Those were the ones put into the ranks. Sikhs. Irishmen. Americans.

Nova Londonium; the new capital of the new empire is a bastion of beauty on a nearly perfectly earthlike world. The scientists and scholars have been pourig over it's every inch for nearly a decade, and still, barely the surface of it has been scratched. Now, with full support of the Queen herself, the colonization of the new frontier will commence!
>>
>>50188867

Is Stargate SG-1 (what I assume you derived inspiration from) grimly realistic? I know that some Seasons were darker than others (such as the fourth), but was it not actually rather in line with GURPS' default "heroic realism" level of harshness with one or two cinematic rules (such as Flesh Wounds) thrown into the mix?

Not a criticism, mind you: just curious.
>>
File: jaffa helmet.jpg (28KB, 321x341px) Image search: [Google]
jaffa helmet.jpg
28KB, 321x341px
>>50190820
I intend the game to certainly be possibly lethal; I am not above players banking a few character points to clinch HT rolls versus death tho.Likely gonna use 'survivable guns' alt rule, tho. Half all damage values, add an armor divisor. Only real major mod to the basic set other than "no exotic, no supernatural advantages, please"

And really, if the whole group wants to play "Phasers and Feelings" in the Victorian era, I'm probably down for that too. Vision can be narrowed or widened to accommodate the populous.
>>
Holy tits. A bunch of folks applying to play.

Happy day happy day
>>
File: 300px-Praetorian.jpg (17KB, 300x429px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Praetorian.jpg
17KB, 300x429px
i wish i had the time for this.
>>
>>50194031
I'm blind, ignore me
>>
>>50194039
>>50194031
Hah. Yeah dawg, GURPS game

>>50193906
Thank you! I'm also sorry you cannot attend!
>>
File: Novum Londonium.png (244KB, 752x672px) Image search: [Google]
Novum Londonium.png
244KB, 752x672px
Relocate to Novum Londonium!
Spacious!
Well stocked!
Safe!
Full of ancient technology we don't quite yet understand but hope to soon!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.