[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/, today I faced a deck that used SBSurgical Extraction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: mtg-judge-promosv.jpg (77KB, 540x327px) Image search: [Google]
mtg-judge-promosv.jpg
77KB, 540x327px
Hey /tg/,

today I faced a deck that used SBSurgical Extraction to hate on combo cards. I use 2 Mirrodin Mesmeric Orbs with black border and 2 Salvat collection Mesmeric Orbs in Spanish with white border. Long story short, one of the black border ones ended in the graveyard and my opponent targeted it with Surgical Extraction. It resolved and he checked my hand, and there was another black bordered one in there, so he kept it aside. I told him I was going to check his graveyard because I wanted to check the number of fetches he played. Shortly after, he told me to shuffle my deck as he set aside the exiled Orbs.

I didn't know if he purposefully left the remaining, white border orbs there, so I paid no mind and gave him back his graveyard and he passed his turn. Shortly after, I drew a white bordered Orb and played it. That was the moment all hell broke loose.

Basically, he started screaming for the judge and insulting me because I cheated. I hate conflicts, so I told him if he thinks I really fucked up, I would concede this game and go for the next one. But then the judge told him he should have checked for every copy of the card he wanted to exile thoroughly and announced the match could continue normally. My opponent refused to keep playing and soon the entire store was siding either with me/the judge or my opponent.

Paying no attention to rules, what is the proper etiquette in this kind of situations? What is rule respect and what is being a major dick?
I already stopped going to a store because many players played sloppily and many there were many tense situations, but never something that a judge couldn't solve.
>>
you technically played correctly, as surgical extraction's "any" clause gives you a free pass but fuck me if that isn't a dick move. It really depends on the competitive REL. If this was casual this is a dick move. If this was comp, you might be forced to switch your salvat cards with something else in deck check.
>>
>>50185210
He is an idiot and if this was a tournament you were literally playing by the rules and he screwed himself up.
You're not required to help your opponent beat you. And you did not cheat.
>>
>>50185266

I was checking his graveyard thinking about the cards remaining in his deck when he exiled the cards, I wasn't really paying attention there. I'm usually very talkative when announcing my plays and it is common for people at the store to ask permission to check things twice so they don't fuck up, so I guess I dropped the ball not telling him at least to check twice. I feel kinda bad now.
>>
>>50185360

Still, I'm the kinda guy that tells his opponent that Pithing Needle won't stop X or Y triggered abilities and if he wants to correct the play because, after all, I got info about his hand, they are not big tourneys and I play mainly to have fun.
I mainly ask about etiquette because I want to play, not deal with people going berserk, and if there's something I can do to avoid those situations, I will do my best to do so.
>>
>>50185367
>>50185405
That's great and all, good sportsmanship is to be commended. But it's not your fault if your opponent screws up his play, especially not if you didn't hide the information intentionally.
It's not like you purposefully lied to him and you also had the (rightful) backing of the Judge here.
Making an offer to concede is already more sportsmanship than necessarry.

You also need to consider the possibility that he tried to fuck you over on purpose. He might have """""forgot"""" to exile it, in order to try and score an easy win by getting a Judge to DQ you.

Also, do man up a little, OP. You did the right thing and you seem like an upstanding player, don't get scared off by spergs sperging out. Being friendly, sportsmanlike and helpful is important, but Magic is a game with (mostly) clear rules and you don't need to back down when somebody is pretty much 100% in the wrong and sperging out about it.
>>
>>50185703

Didn't think about he might have tried to frame me. Maybe he actually did.

And yeah, sometimes I'm so kind I'm kind of weak.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.