[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k Newb Tau

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1478796131439409474093.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1478796131439409474093.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Hai! I bought a Tau starter set recently and just began to build, but all the options and parts have confuzzled me, I've already got a defence drone called Clive but is there any standard builds I should follow?
>>
I need pics of Clive for confirmation.
>>
File: 1401093743374.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1401093743374.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>50183959
Just follow you heart, it knows what needs to be done.
>>
>>50183959
We can't really help you if you don't show us clive. Don't you have the codex to build a list before you actually build the dudes?
>>
File: 1478796796135-394828840.jpg (918KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1478796796135-394828840.jpg
918KB, 2560x1536px
Nexxy? If not then my heart isn't to be trusted today.
>>
Also, no codex. Building a marker drone thingy now, still trying to think of a name for him
>>
>>50183959

Post moar about Clive nao
>>
>>50184041
>Don't you have the codex to build a list before you actually build the dudes?

No, because that would actually make sense. New players would rather ask stupid shit that you can just google in 1 second and not read the rules.
>>
>>50183959
If you give your fire warriors the shorter guns they'll be more effective versus armour, but at the cost of range. The longer gun has brilliant range and strength, but poor armour penetration
Gun drones have guns. Take them if you want guns.
Shield drones have energy shields. Use them to absorb one or two high armour-penetrating attacks.
Marker drones have markerlights. Use them to improve the accuracy of your other squads.
Guardian drones have shield projectors. Use them to give all your dudes in the squad light energy shields.
There are too many options to list for your crisis suits, so here's the guns in the kit:
Plasma gun: Average range, has two shots if you're close to the enemy, great armour pen and strength
Fusion Blaster: Short range, one shot, double strength versus vehicles so it's the best option for taking those out.
Burst cannon: Average range, average strength, terrible AP, high rate of fire, cheap
Flamer: Short range, low strength, terrible AP, hits every dude under a template, so it can have a huge ROF

Units:
Ethereal: Meh HQ, good in gunline
FW Breachers: Great anti-MEQ, need transport
FW Strikers: Great anti-infantry, best gunline
Crisis suits: Customisable unit, build them to do what you want them to do.
Buy the codex, read it, decide what type of army you want to make.
>>
>>50186760
>Gun drones have guns. Take them if you want guns.

Tau truly are the gods of technology.
>>
>>50184042
pls be more precise with the antennaes. also, get a file and remove those remains from the sprue connection.
>>
File: Tau Propaganda.jpg (78KB, 764x393px) Image search: [Google]
Tau Propaganda.jpg
78KB, 764x393px
>>50186875
PS: good luck to Clive!
>>
>>50186760
Or, alternatively, get an in-browser epub reader, find the 40k general thread and have a look in the megaupload folder, all the rules and codexes are there. Read the Tau Empire one to find out more about your dudes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.