[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could the JoJo universe be turned into a TRPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

Or is the idea of stands too convoluted to be contained by rules?
What would your stance be? What is it's specialty?
>>
File: all hope lost.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
all hope lost.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>50183206
>What would your stance be?

I wish the Jojo memes would die already. They're just tiring now.
>>
>>50183406
>thing I don't like
>it exists
>I wish it didn't because I don't like it

Have you accepted our lord and savior the Hide option in your life?
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 500x551px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 500x551px
>>50183206
The guys from the super stand sunday threads have several a systems adapted for jojo, keep an eye out for it next Sunday. Unfortunately I can't post any of the systems as I don't have them saved on my phone
>>
>>50183206
Search the archive for /sss/ or Super Stand Sunday. You'll find at least two homebrew systems, one of which I have run a game in and had a good deal of fun with.

>>50183406
>People shouldn't be allowed to talk about things I don't like! [Sounds of a four year old throwing a tantrum]
>>
It seems too complicated

No doubt a lot of systems probably exists, but they would probably rely too much in GM fiat or wouldn't be pretty balanced
>>
>>50183419
thx
>>
>>50183206
GURPS can sort of manage it. The only thing I had trouble with when limiting myself to RAW in my attempt to put together a Stand template was the range, limit, especiallly how much of an effect it has on Stand power.
>>
>>50183206
Depends on how you want it to go. If you want it more narrative style than you can pretty easily do it with FATE. If you want it to be a bit more concise on what powers Stands have then you probably want either GURPS for being specific or Cypher for being broad and simplistic.

You should not be asking if it could be done, but instead asking how it should be done.
>>
>>50183406
This.

Jojo is a tired series that started bad, became mediocre, and now is just such an awkward relic that make its fans embarrassing to watch.
>>
>>50183416
>>50183461
>people shouldn't spam shit threads about a shit series that already has a general that no one cares about because no one actually gives a fuck about talking about it from a game perspective

If you just want to discuss the series, go to /a/, though I've heard that /a/'s also been clamoring for getting you fags removed.

Stop trying to be the next bronies.
>>
>>50183563
I don't see people complaining about Fate threads, and they're more frequent than JoJo threads are
>>
File: jojo.png (491KB, 466x601px) Image search: [Google]
jojo.png
491KB, 466x601px
I figured that this is as good a thread as any to ask. I know people talk a lot about building stand users in tabletop games, but what about a Hamon user? Considering the huge variety of different things Hamon did, I figured it would be hard to emulate.
>Reinforcing external organic materials/liquid
>Adhesion (climbing up walls)
>Electrical-like effect
>Increasing surface tension
>Weight distribution (walking on spikes)
And most importantly:
>Roasting undead
>>
>>50184160
Even other JoJofags think Hamon is retarded.
>>
File: grin.gif (2MB, 294x210px) Image search: [Google]
grin.gif
2MB, 294x210px
>>50183563
>that already has a general
Anon why do you lie?
>>
>>50184245
>>
>>50184160
Hamon is straight up kung fu chi shit. Use any system built for wuxia and you're gold.
>>
>>50184245
Is that why it was in the first two parts, then never really discussed again afterwards except maybe a bit in 3?
>>
>>50184160
Hamon is basically D&D monk powers. Sun Soul if you wanna get into the undead roasting. Everything else is 100% vanilla monk.
>>
>>50184282
>>50184245
I like Hamon more than punch ghosts fight me

It's not our fault Araki couldn't keep being creative with it
>>
>>50184308
I honestly wonder why he just dropped it completely, though it probably has to do with the lack of undead after part 3
>>
>>50184316
Araki is just too crazy and wanted to do other things. Same reason he murdered everyone and rebooted the fucking universe in part 6.
>>
>>50184325
>He kills off everyone for part 6
O-oh I didn't know that, god damn it.
>>
>>50184282
His publishers told him that he couldn't use it anymore, mostly because the concept was getting stale really quickly. Stands are essentially infinite in their potential and are a goldmine for creative material.

I absolutely love it when stands are combined with other abilities like what Araki did with the Spin. It's a shame we'll never see a proper stand/hamon user.
>>
File: GOLDEN JOJO BULLSHIT.png (540KB, 1768x1395px) Image search: [Google]
GOLDEN JOJO BULLSHIT.png
540KB, 1768x1395px
>>50184325
And then he replaced Hamon with the Spin, which made even less sense. At least Hamon was just a simple understandable concept.
>>
>>50183206
Let's be honest, the "JoJo universe" isn't much of a setting. It's basically the real world, except people with superpowers exist and fight each other for various reasons which have little to do with the world as a whole.

And the superpower system isn't much of a system either. There are some common and consistent features that apply to most Stand users, but nearly everyone's primary power is some weird and unique effect which is specific to them and doesn't have anything in common with anyone else's unique power. Even the basic principles of Stand power have so many exceptions that they're more like trends than rules.
>>
>>50184346
Sorry anon shit is like 20 years old
>>
>>50184346
Dio's biological son seizes control of the mob in Italy. Polnareff is killed and his stand seperates from him, going on a rampage. Jotaro is a dead beat dad and his daughter winds up in prison. Dio win's in the end.
>>
>>50184346
One of the main characters is a corpse.

A magical rainbow summons a plauge of snails.

Part of the villain's plan is to destroy Mickey Mouse and Pinocchio.
>>
>>50184382
>Dio win's in the end.
Not really. The Koichi equivalent manages to kill him and reset the universe, possibly leading into the SBR-verse.
>>
>>50184382
Wait how does a vampire have kids?
>>
>>50184505
using Johnathans body
>>
>>50184505
Araki's vampires are weird, and DIO's head was attached to Jonathan's body at the time. Jonathan's body, which was both still alive and the reason DIO only had The World and little vampire power.
>>
>>50184382
>Polnareff is killed
Don't worry, his ghost lives on inside a turtle with a hotel room inside it.
>>
>>50184505
Jonathon's body had a working nutsack.
>>
>>50184850
Sounds like he got the happiest ending.
>>
>>50184325
>>50184346
>>50184382
>implying eyes over heaven isn't canon

its canon to me damn it!!!
>>
>>50183563
>no one actually gives a fuck about talking about [JoJo] from a game perspective
>Hey, /tg/ what's a good system for running JoJo?
>Several replies to the tune of "Well, I think that [system] would work for it."
Your point was invalidated by the OP of the goddamn thread. Better luck next time, buddy.
>>
>>50184245
Well, it is basically just ki/chakra/whatever, with the added effect of being super harmful to vampires and the Pillar Men. I personally really enjoyed Battle Tendency (not so much Phantom Blood), but I think stands are generally more interesting.
>>
>>50185323
>after a few retarded replies for the sake of lipservice and to pretend people care, the threads devolves into just discussing the series

Wow, way to fool everyone, god, you're so clever and sneaky.
>>
>>50183563
>next bronies.
That's SU, sorry
>>50184325
>the FUCKING slugs
>>
>>50185411
Stay mad, cuck, your tears of impotent rage sustain me.
>>
>>50185470
You can't wipe the smile off my face when I remember that you have shit taste and can't break away from your childish obsession with a garbage series.

I bet you're also a bronie.
>>
File: disappointed.jpg (22KB, 311x306px) Image search: [Google]
disappointed.jpg
22KB, 311x306px
>>50185323
Why do you reply to obvious bait?
>>
>>50183206
A friend of mine ran a game in the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure universe just fine in Mutants and Masterminds.
>>
>>50183505
Eh, some stands are just better than others.

You try fighting Crimson King with Hermit Purple, see how well that goes for you.
>>
>>50184520
It's bullshit that he never used the eye lasers again. Even the justification was stupid, he was just a head when he used them last time!
>>
Speaking of systems for stands, what does everybody think about using Wushu for a JoJo game? I figured that a super rules light system helps with not having to crunch absurd stand powers, and a combat system that rewards player creativity makes sense for doing the traditional JoJo weird bullshit mid-combat.
>>
>>50186270
I've also been wondering about how to stream music over the internet while running a game. I mean, how can you do a JoJo game without the music? Roll20 has that inbuilt hookup to Soundcloud, but that doesn't work too well for most licensed music. Does anyone know of any ways that I might stream music live while running a game?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.