[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which faction in 40k is the most 'Grimdark' of them all?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 21

File: IMG_3107.jpg (90KB, 619x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3107.jpg
90KB, 619x600px
Which faction in 40k is the most 'Grimdark' of them all?
>>
>>50178521
most definitely chaos, literally designed to be as edgy as humanly possible.
>>
>>50178528
Yeah, but I don't equate Edge with Dark. There's a difference, y'know what I'm trying to say?

Give examples, pls.
>>
>>50178528
>literally designed to be as edgy as humanly possible.
That's not Dark Eldar
>>
File: krieg.jpg (577KB, 1600x2923px) Image search: [Google]
krieg.jpg
577KB, 1600x2923px
>>
>>50178560
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Daemonculaba
>>
>>50178656
That's some awesome art right there.

>>50178660
Aaand that's disturbing!
>>
>>50178660
>>50178683
Meh. Dune did it better and several decades earlier with Axlotl Tanks.
>>
>>50178683
The funny thing is that's just Chaos when we actually get to see what goes on on the planets they conquer.
>>
>>50178561
Dark Eldar are edgy beyond human comprehension. Our weak, monkey brains cannot even begin to grasp the sharpness of the vertices of the higher dimensions they are edging in.
>>
File: IMG_3120.png (4MB, 1600x1432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3120.png
4MB, 1600x1432px
>>50178521
Know that the Omnissiah needs troops, anon. And He shall have them.
>>
>>50178725
Man, that's cool.

That's really cool.
>>
>>50178708
They're also super hilarious when their not being edgy.

And sometimes they're both at once.
>>
>>50178656
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXuZiTf9xrY
>>
>>50178521
the imperium of man, and here's why: by and large, the imperium are the "good guys" or at the very least "designated protagonist faction". yes, chaos, the nids, necrons and dark eldar are all dark, edgy shit. but they're the bad guys. even in a noblebright setting, the bad guys can still be dark motherfuckers. the imperium, on the other hand, dresses up like a cross between a nazi and a witch burner and commits genocide on a daily basis, all while still being the "good" guys. that's where the true grimdark quality of 40k comes from
>>
>>50178725
Now somebody edit a small tear coming out of that exposed eye to seal the deal.
>>
>>50178521
Chaos marines, specifically Iron Warriors for two reasons: Daemonculaba and the Unfleshed
>>
>>50178689
Nah man, Daemonculaba is pretty much the ultimate "What the FUCK" thing Chaos can honestly do. It's JUST at the cusp of "trying too hard" to the point where nothing can surpass it without falling down that trap.
>>
>>50179090
Reminds me a lot of the Brood mothers from Dragon Age Origins
>>
>>50178521
Everything made in warhammer has a nice anchor of campiness and self awareness desu.
it wold boil down to whoever didn't read the full story of their decision on the most grimdark. because there is always a silver lining in warhammer I noticed.

people are also very self sacrificing in W40k, hell that's the same with real life. so someone sufffering to be tougher in't all that grim.

but to answer the god damn question - are of course the Eversor assassins. they are pumped with a never ending supply of combat drugs and rage fuel. then put on ice until their next mission so every waking and conscious moment they experience is a literal blood bath always. 100 eversor assassins held off 3 fucking tera chapters with only a single marine coming out alive. they are balls to the fucking walls 24/7. they are one of the harder things to kill in this universe

also they literally ignite into a napalm bomb when their heart stops beating.
>>
>>50178656

>Krieg Trooper
>Holding the body in a way that suggests mourning
>not stripping it's equipment
>not leaving it in the mud as he advances on the objective
>not being nothing but a uncaring fighting machine, another number for his generals to tally in the arithmetic of death
>>
File: todd.jpg (87KB, 853x356px) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
87KB, 853x356px
>>50179834
so every krieger is basically Sgt. Todd 3465? Cool.
>>
>>50179958

I can't believe you are unaware of Krieg, but i'll elaborate, just because i enjoy it.

The basic idea behind Krieg is that long long ago the planet's aristocracy attempted to rebel and secede from the Imperium.

Loyal Colonel Jurten and his men said fuck that, but were vastly outnumbered. Therefore Jurten did the only logical thing. He nuked the whole damn planet until nothing was left but a radioactive wasteland and killed all the traitors.

Fast forward a bit. Krieg is still loyal, fanatically loyal in fact, but they are filled with shame. Shamed because at one point a significant portion of the planet tried to turn away from the Emperor. That they were loyal doesn't matter. It's a stain on their honor. It is determined they must make good this failing, that they must repay their debt to the Emperor.

But what to do? It's a Deathworld now. They can't grow crops, and the planet isn't rich in natural resources. They have only one thing of value. The populace. And therefore it is decided they will repay the Emperor with bodies. And thus the Death Korps of Krieg are formed.

Every soul on Krieg is taught from the moment they are born that their only purpose in life is to die for the emperor. Their life has no meaning, no value except that which it purchases when it dies for the emperor. Only by dying for the emperor can they absolve themselves of the debt of their sin. And die for the emperor they will, until such a time as they are told the debt is paid.

Every single soul on Krieg is beat down, indoctrinated, and drilled from day one. They kill each other in massive battles on the surface to earn the right to go and die for the emperor. They have no names, they have designations. They don't have faces, they have their masks.

They are the Death Korps of Krieg.
>>
Necrons are canonically the most grimdark and evil. This is objectively true.
>>
>>50180148

But how, you ask, can their population sustain this? Surely this cannot be done you say.

Indeed, this should not be possible, would not be possible were it not for the Vitea womb, an Archeotech device found only on Krieg. Nowhere else in the galaxy can you find them, nowhere else are they permitted, and they are permitted on Krieg only because of the immense value of it's Death Korps to the Imperium.

It is the Vitea Womb that bolsters the population of Krieg, sustains this great warmachine by providing it with the never ending disposable bodies that are its life blood. By what process it functions we are not certain, it is known only that by the power of the Vitea Womb Krieg lives, and continues to produce millions upon millions of soldiers ready to die for the Emperor.
>>
>>50178849
I'd have to agree. From the lore I've read, the Ultra Marines are basically inhuman murder monsters and everyone else is a slave to be used up. Oh, and their idea of "boosting morale" is summary execution. I'd rather cheer for the Tau.
>>
>>50179809
Why does the setting have anything else?
>>
>>50180277
what is this heresy?
>>
File: Kriegers!.png (606KB, 835x3537px) Image search: [Google]
Kriegers!.png
606KB, 835x3537px
>>50179834
>>50179958
>>50180148
>>
>>50180343
>KRIEGERS!

>A light hearted musical romp about your favourite Imperial Guard Regiment.

>Coming 2018.
>>
>>50178521

My vote goes to Black Templars or Sisters of Battle
>>
>>50178656
There's so much wrong with this picture. Literally any other regiment would make sense but that guardsman is mourning, not advancing. Most un Krieger thing to do.
>>
>>50180419
Krieg fans are a cancerous bunch. They don't like the Kriegs for their fluff, they like them for their looks.

I mean look at the Krieg art and fanfiction. Almost all of it has them acting in non-krieg ways.
>>
>>50180277
Ultramarines don't pull that shit. A whole lot of chapters do though. To top it off they're children snatched up at a young age and indoctrinated while being made a super human murder weapon.
>>
>>50180438

Indeed, tis a terrible blight, but i plan to rectify this by providing at least one piece of write faggotry that gets them right. Or as close as i can. No doubt someone will cry foul, but i'm only human. Still compiling research to make sure i'm on mark, but won't be much longer till posting starts.
>>
>>50180400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaUi8Dv73hA
>>
>>50180467
I eagerly await.
>>
>>50180543

Thanks, i'll try not to disappoint. On a side note you know what i've realized as i've been reading through the BL for reference material? The Ig loose a lot. First, and only, dedicated Krieg novel i read and they got the shit kicked out of them and lost. Was sad, but i understood what the author was going for. Next couple of books i read to get comparisons, and also to see how other guard regiments and various xeno's were depicted, all had the guard getting the shit kicked out of them and ultimately loosing.
>>
File: 002.jpg (500KB, 1163x1730px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
500KB, 1163x1730px
IT TURNS OUT IT'S MA- oh.
>>
Genestealer Cults. They are bred for the sole purpose of causing mayhem and being eaten and they unknowingly dedicate their lives to it.
>>
>>50178656
Why use kriegrrs for this
Literaly any other regiment would make more sense.
>>
>>50181718
>this guy DOESN'T want to be eaten.
Vore fetish best fetish.
>>
>>50181841
Not him but I prefer doing the eating myself, after chopping and cooking my meal.
>>
>>50181949
I bet you like having consensual sex in the missionary position solely for the purposes of procreation too you sick fuck!
>>
>>50181959
Indeed I do, and I am proud of it!
>>
>>50180148

You could have just said 'brainwashed cannon fodder' and saved some time.
>>
>>50182218

Way less fun that way.
>>
>>50178521
Imperial Guard
>>
>>50180300
Because the Eversors need something to kill
>>
File: OW_HoE_-_Ukitakumuki.jpg (561KB, 1200x1491px) Image search: [Google]
OW_HoE_-_Ukitakumuki.jpg
561KB, 1200x1491px
>>50180300
Because Evesor assasins are anti elite soliders. They excell when the people they're trying to kill either attempt to fight back. Or are confident in their skills. However a guardsman regiment will annihilate the evesor. Simply because they can throw enough bodies to keep it occupied enough to take a basilisk canon up the ass. Or to be vaporised by massed hellgun, or plasma fire.

Even though it would butcher the moral of afformentioned regiment. The cost to produce one evesor assasin would not be worth the possibility of breaking the moral of 1 regiment.
>>
>>50178708
I describe the Dark Eldar like this:
"They are a species with a sucking pit for a soul; a pit that must be filled with the pain and suffering of other sentient species lest they whither away, so a key part of their economy and culture is based on sexy gladiator fights.
>>
File: kJNNxZB.jpg (185KB, 811x627px) Image search: [Google]
kJNNxZB.jpg
185KB, 811x627px
>>50182777
fucking sick trips
>>
File: 1440856682337.gif (1MB, 112x99px) Image search: [Google]
1440856682337.gif
1MB, 112x99px
>>50180393
>>
>>50178725
That's awesome in a nasty cyberman kind of way.
>>
File: Fiend.jpg (72KB, 502x307px) Image search: [Google]
Fiend.jpg
72KB, 502x307px
>>50181841
>>
>>50178725
I could have sworn I read that they replace the brains every now and then.
>>
>>50178660
It's not that disturbing.
>>
>>50178725
You can even see some strands of muscle left over on his skull!
>>
>>50178521
Tyranids.

Nothing but eternal devouring. no sense of right or wrong, life or death, only biomass.
>>
The Inquisition. There's just something dark and possibly corrupt right underneath the surface of a "righteous" organization
>>
>>50180438
>Krieg fans are a cancerous bunch. They don't like the Kriegs for their fluf
Projection to the extreme.
>>
>>50179265
FUCK.

Why did you have to remind me?!
>>
>>50190606
>the Emperor could have been revived centuries ago. But the Inquisition prevents it and uses his desiccated corpse as a figure head so they can remain the real power of the Imperium.
>>
>>50190800
This is my least favourite /tg/ meme. The Emperors stuck on the Throne because hes plugging the hole Magnus tore in the webway. If he gives in for a single second Terra gets destroyed. Noone is keeping him there, duty is.
>>
>>50190800
>Inquisition & Terra High Lords are secretly Chaos cultists wanting to prevent the Emperor from reincarnating
>Emperor called Tyranid Fleet so he can die & be reborn
>>
>>50190606
the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant, to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced their hands.
>>
>>50191325
Get off the net, Gregor.
>>
>>50189278
That's the Scyllax Guardian Automata, but it's not they they replace their brains, it's that they act horrifyingly intelligent for something that never had a brain or biological parts in the first place, to the point where even a good portion of even the more crazy Magi stay away from then.
>>
File: spcsm.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
spcsm.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>50188275
*sigh* if only I could die so pleasantly... hail Slaanesh
>>
>>50191415

Gabriel, actually.

Heretic.
>>
>>50191632
Who, what? Who uses those?
>>
File: table_of_contents.jpg (89KB, 780x797px) Image search: [Google]
table_of_contents.jpg
89KB, 780x797px
>>50191993
>>
>>50180148
By the way, they dont have names, they are assigned numbers.
>>
Lamenters would probably have a pretty grimdark setting
>>
>>50180173
I'd say the new fluff makes them slightly less grimdark... And I don't think that is an objective statement.
>>
>>50180302
The kind that requires execution.
>>
>>50180572
Got a book for you: read Dead Men Walking
>>
>>50178656
Do Kriegers have some special rules in the boardgame or they are same as vanilla Astra Mi... Ahem, Imperial Guard army? (Which means they can do un Kriegy things like fail morale tests and such)
>>
>>50183185
Yeah, people seem to be forgetting the assassin part of the name.
>>
>>50190850
Impeccable logic, he wants humanity to be crushed so he can wake up, despite all he has done.
>>
>>50192632

Bu- but anon that's the one i read. I mean that's, to my knowledge, the only Krieg focused book. Besides that little novella, but i read that too.

>>50192645

Well they have a model line from forge world. I'm uncertain if they have their own rules however.
>>
>>50192632

Thank you though. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>50189278
thats also the Onager Dunecrawler, they put a Skitarii in a vat of essentially battery acid to drive the thing and replace it when he wears out
>>
>>50192798
That's not even the best part of the dunecrawler's lore:
>"design based on ill-tempered beasts of burden used by ancient settlers"
>"Onager" = donkey
>The AdMech thought donkeys were giant spider monsters and built a tank they thought looked like one
>>
>>50192645
Siege of Vraks and Fall of Orpheus have special lists for Krieg. Has a lot less variety compared to the more versatile IG but can bring a shitload of artillery.
>>
>>50192724
Shit, well thats the only one I have read about them. Only one I know that they are big in too. Sorry I couldn't help you more, most of my knowledge on the comes from other sources that I can't even remember.
>>
>>50179834
>>50180419
>>50181813
You'll also notice that the amputee is way smaller than the trooper holding him, suggesting a juvenile specimen.
Maybe the scene takes place during training and the older krieger is sad that the young one will never die for the Emperor on the battlefield and expy the faultsof his people.

>>50179809
I'm always surprised that douchebags like the Minotaurs or Marines Malevolent are unappreciated, while more positive models are recognised.
>>
>>50192868

Yeah, there is a sad dearth of material. But that one actually was really helpful to me. I feel it got enough of the characterization across that i can follow it and build on it. Right now i'm just working on getting sources to help me write the battle sequences properly. Gotta make sure i don't say something stupid about lasguns or something.
>>
>>50192880
>Maybe the scene takes place during training and the older krieger is sad that the young one will never die for the Emperor on the battlefield and expy the faultsof his people.
Eh good enough i guess
>>
>>50180343
fools towards the end of that thread got off track and gave information that was inaccurate and not matching a Krieger. Disappointing.
>>
>>50192913

What portion do you object to? Not that i agree with everything in that screen cap, but out of curiosity what is your objection?
>>
>>50192892
I dunno, Might want to check 1d4chan, but the information there can have inaccurate opinions and whatnot.
>>
>>50192923

I try to stick to primary sources as much as i can. No offense to anyone who edits 1d4chan, but there is some very questionable material there to say the least.
>>
>>50192918
Krieger having memorabilia such as bones from a first kill. That could be some part of their fluff that I just don't know about. Sergeant turning into a woman when it was a he in earlier post. But what I really meant was that they sort of stopped the story like path and it turned into something else.
>>
>>50192954

Gotcha. Actually there is reason to believe the bones may be supported by cannon, though i don't think he would necessarily have the bones of his first kill. In Dead Men Walking a Grenadier squad is assigned a suicide mission. The entire squad bar one is killed. He collects his comrades bones and carries them with him in a box as he rides a truck filled with high explosives into the objective to complete the mission. When asked what his rational is, he states that by bringing their bones he allows them to share in the glory and redemption as they complete the mission. What i found is that while very much broken, and absolutely psychopathic, Krieg Korpsmen were depicted as having more emotion than we often attribute to them.
>>
>>50192982
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I actually read the book but completely forgot about that part.
>>
>>50192995

So what was your favorite part of the book? I have to say its a tough one, but i think one of my favorite bits was the Colonel. I loved his passive aggression and snark.
>>
>>50192995

oh, here's a quote from the bit where the Grenadier suicides, i thought it was good reference material so i kept it at hand.

May the Emperor be with you, Guardsman,’ said Costellin. He turned and, inadvertently, did something he hadn’t done in almost thirty years. He made eye contact with a soldier under his command, a soldier about to die. The grenadier must have seen the look in his eye and, remarkably, understood it, because he produced his ossuary box again. ‘I have my comrades with me,’ he said, ‘and I will be granted a more noble death than this wretched soul deserves.’ ‘Your sacrifice will not be forgotten,’ said Costellin quietly, and for once he knew he was speaking the truth.
>>
>>50193003
Love how the guardsman was abandoned at the end, with the girl leaving and all. Well I guess I wouldn't call it my favorite part, but it was the part that stuck with me the most. Sorry for the late reply, was on other threads.
>>
>>50193158

Not a problem. Yeah. I admit i love the moment when it went full circle from him musing about how he's no hero in the beginning to what happens in the end, but mostly i just felt bad for the guy. I'm a bit of a romantic and even though the way it ends is perfectly reasonable, honestly infinitely better than a "happier" ending, i was still pretty sad cause for a good portion of the book i had been rooting for him you know?
>>
>>50193180
Exactly how I felt about it.
>>
>>50193193

I thought for sure that he would go with the group that went through the tunnels to sabotage the power plant and that would be when he stumbled across her as a slave to those crazy Necron worshiping cultists, but when that didn't pan out i knew it was over.
>>
>>50179834
The body needs to be removed from the battlefield so the sight of it will not give comfort to the enemy.
>>
>>50193235

Give this man a cookie, that's a half way decent explanation
>>
File: welcome to krieg.png (1006KB, 1128x920px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to krieg.png
1006KB, 1128x920px
>>50193003
The colonel was a badass.
>>
>>50180173
>go to sleep
>when you wake up your room is infested with rats, spiders and other vermin
What would you do in Necron's place?
Just negotiate with rats?
Chill and ignore them?
>>
>>50180400
>Black Templars
>grimdark

They are one of the LEAST grimdark chapters in Imperium
They are literally just genetically augmented cosplayers
>>
>>50193331

Indeed.

‘You agreed,’ said the colonel without lowering the magnoculars, ‘insisted, in fact, that the Planetary Defence Force play a full part in this conflict.’
‘A part, yes,’ said Hanrik, ‘but not like this. Not–’
‘You left the details of their deployment to my company commanders.’
‘Cannon fodder!’ Hanrik burst out. ‘You used my men as cannon fodder, put them on the front lines to be slaughtered. I’ve been listening to the reports, and they… It’s a massacre out there!’
‘They are soldiers, General Hanrik. They knew what to expect.’
‘But they’re… So many of them, the majority of them, they only just… They only had three weeks to train. Even the experienced ones among them, they haven’t faced anything like this before, and they’re under-equipped…’
The colonel turned then, to regard Hanrik blankly through the eyepieces of his gasmask. ‘That,’ he said, ‘is precisely why their value is limited.’
‘They’re expendable, you mean,’ said Hanrik bitterly.
‘If you prefer. You should be proud of your men, General Hanrik. My officers on the ground report that they did their duty. They impeded the necron advance for almost a minute longer than we expected. A credit to your training.’
‘You talk about them as if they were just… They were people, damn it, with lives and jobs and families. Look around you, colonel. Look at the faces around you, every one of them praying for someone they know, someone they love. Just one of your… your numbers means everything to them, and I… How do I explain to them that most of their brothers, their sons aren’t coming back?’ He remembered being told that his own sons weren’t coming back. Three separate messages, eighteen months apart, but Hanrik hadn’t forgotten a single word of them. The colonel said dismissively, ‘The citizens of your world have grown soft. They have forgotten their debt to the Emperor.’
>>
>>50193477

continued

Would you rather it had been my Guardsmen who had died?’ The sudden question took Hanrik aback. ‘Would you rather we had sacrificed them, left the defense of this world to your under-equipped trainees? Because that, General Hanrik, is bordering on treason.’
‘Of course I don’t… Of course I wouldn’t… I value their lives as much as I do any life. I just think your men were perhaps better able than mine to–’
‘If you have a wish to see Krieg blood, Hanrik, you only have to wait a few more hours. We are dying as you speak.’
>>
>>50178521
Chaos.

From almost every source we have on them, they're described in a way for us to take them very serious, which when you think about it makes them very, very grimly and darkly.

Dark Eldar on the other hand, although having definitely their disturbing moments, are often decribed in such a way that their edge comes off as so absurd it becomes comical.

Both can come off as power fantasy, however I would argue that Chaos feels hitting closer to home because they are humans with actual derangement as opposed to Dark Eldar and their overtly dramatised evilness that makes Chaos more disturbing.
>>
>>50180277
Ultramarines are one of the last chapters out there to do this kinda stuff, while there are plenty of chapters who do, the likes of wolves, ultras or salamanders are all pretty bright shining beacons of how to be a good guy
>>
>>50180438
Kreig-chan.
Just sayan.
>>
File: 53.jpg (657KB, 1156x1621px) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
657KB, 1156x1621px
>>50192609
They're certainly not as universally super-evil as they were in their days of being the C'tan's hatemachine galactic space farmers, although there's still some pretty dark stuff there even if they're more known for zaniness now.
>>
>>50194290

Don't they still wanna kill all the fleshy species though? I was under the impression that the whole genocide the galaxy thing was still their shtick.
>>
File: IMG_3136.jpg (58KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3136.jpg
58KB, 600x620px
>>50192053
The Legio Cybernetica back in 30k. Likely that they stopped using them in 40k because of this.

These things have pretty crazy melee stats.
>>
File: Enslaver_sketch.jpg (57KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
Enslaver_sketch.jpg
57KB, 399x600px
Enslavers perhaps. There's no real rhyme or reason to them, they spread and grow like tyranids.
Except they don't just kill you, they grab your kind and force your body to obey them. And you can't do shit about it.
And if you're a psyker, they'll eat your mind and turn your body and soul into a squishy flesh warp gate to bring more enslavers into the materium. And then you get to die if you're lucky.

Also they fucked up the Old Ones and C'Tan. There's nothing really not grim or dark about them, and they do worse shit than even the giant space locusts.
>>
>>50196875
What is worst in them is that they have really no point at all. No end game, no sentience

Necrons and Chaos want to control the world, but for different reasons
Orks fight because they love it, they were created for it
Tyranids evolve, feed, devour, perhaps because they are a failed experiment or divine retribution

Enslavers?
They just exist
They just kill you and bring more enslavers
What is going to happen when all of galaxy will be only enslavers?
Where did they even came from?
>>
>>50197955
The galaxy used to be nothing but Enslavers. War of the Heavens sought of that.
Old Ones just kinda birthed the Enslavers with all of their psychic races and other shit and they tore a hole from the warp and took over.
>>
>>50198015
>The galaxy used to be nothing but Enslavers.
Eldar, Krork and Necrontyr all survived that age
>Old Ones just kinda birthed the Enslavers with all of their psychic races and other shit and they tore a hole from the warp and took over.
It really sounds like some omnipotent god going "Stop, you went too far" and sending Space-Flood upon them
>>
>>50178561
>>50178708
>>50185123
When Chaos is edgy, most of the time it's to serve their own ends. Occasionally it's for shits and giggles, sure, but the really hardcore stuff (like the Daemonculaba) usually does have a point to it. Dark Eldar are literally edge for edge's sake, which makes them exponentially edgier
>>
File: 1473858322290.jpg (29KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
1473858322290.jpg
29KB, 399x385px
>>50192469
That took me a minute
>>
>>50193712

What make dark eldar worse than chaos is Chaos doesnt do it out of pure pleasure and free will. Chaos cultist embraced heresy because the Imperium oppressed some so hard they turn to anythig to free them from their current tyrants or to enact revenge.

The Dark Eldar? They can abandon this at any time but chose to stick to this because it is fun.
>>
>>50198369
>Chaos cultist embraced heresy because the Imperium oppressed some so hard they turn to anythig to free them from their current tyrants or to enact revenge
To be fair, that's not always the case. You are right that once the ruinous powers get their hooks in them they don't really have much of a choice, though.
>>
>>50198369

Your one of those people who thinks criminals aren't responsible for their actions aren't you?
>>
File: Average day in Commoragh.png (76KB, 1408x608px) Image search: [Google]
Average day in Commoragh.png
76KB, 1408x608px
>>50198369
>>
>>50178521
any one of them because it's super arguable.
>>
>>50178725
reminds me of a hell-brute or chaos dreadnought since most chaos space marines would rather die than live in eternal torment inside of one.
>>
>>50178725
Okay, but why not just make regular ass robots? It would be easier than this and be less stupid.
>>
File: JB148-Black-Templars-400x400.jpg (68KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
JB148-Black-Templars-400x400.jpg
68KB, 400x400px
>>50193343

Black Templars and Dark Eldar started the grimdark 40k aesthetics, you dip
>>
>>50200145
Ahh, but robots need Tech-Priests to give them orders and data.

Thallax retain a degree of independance, and are stronger and tougher than even Space Marines. Their guns are S7 AP5.
>>
>>50200145
>>50200196
That, and it's explicitly stated in the Thallax fluff that they're easier to make than the more complex automata that would be able to complete the tasks they undertake.
>>
>>50178521
Necrons.
>Live on shitty planet that gives supercancer
>No warp speed space travel
>Race of pseudo Gods ignore your plight
>Create bodies for star-eating monsters to help war-effort, who then eat your troops until they chill
>Weapons then trick entire species into losing their souls because they were hungry
>Live shitty lives as fodder where most of their memories have been forgotten, sense have faded & unable to act unless told too
>Put into sleep mode for 60,000,000 years because generals wanted more souls to eat
Pretty shit life really
>>
>>50178521

I just realized this, but is that an mlp Terminator?
>>
File: IMG_2502.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2502.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>50200819
No you fool, it's an Ultraslow Termipoke!

The Commislow will have your head for this heresy!
>>
>>50200847

Oh thank goodness. Go ahead and blame me Commislow. I'll just sit here and wait for a bit. You don't mind if I go about my business whIle you ready your bolt pistol do you?
>>
>>50199920
That's not equatable in warhammer. Some people are in a fucked situation and hear voices every hour. And the ones who aren't educated decide yes ok I'll join.

It's comparing a rich and wealthy serial raping murderer to a Somalian pirate who had literally no other lifestyle.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.