[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Apocalyptic RPGs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

I need your help. I need a system to basically make this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfwfBoDEkQw#t=33s
Think Mad Max, Heavy Metal--mutations, death, dismemberment, psyionics dieselpunk, magitech, with a focus on survival, vehicles, crafting, and crazy ass weaponry. What kind of post-apocalyptic pnps are out there that could make any of this work?
>>
Anybody?
>>
>>50176378
Might be kinda lighthearted compared to what you are describing but you could check Mutants and Machineguns. Its free and like 20 pages. (Also I made kind of a sourcebook for it about a mutant pigmen army)
>>
>>50176378

GURPS After the End (covers essentially everything that Fallout does, and a few more things besides), with some detail from Technomancer (magitech setting with some neat toys) or Psionic Powers.

Some Reign of Steel for robots, Powers: The Weird for more superscience/mutation, and Ultra-Tech for weapons wouldn't hurt either.
>>
>>50176378
I've heard Apocalypse World is quite good.
>>
>>50176378
Should have posted this version too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV18kZIBBZA
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 337x436px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 337x436px
Mutant you zero

Haven't played it but I like the look of the setting and system
>>
File: MATHEMATICAL_LOSS.jpg (21KB, 726x438px) Image search: [Google]
MATHEMATICAL_LOSS.jpg
21KB, 726x438px
>>50176378
Best tip is to just create the world yourself, and use your favorite RPG base game for its platform.
>>
File: Rifts_RPG_Ultimate_Edition_2005.jpg (42KB, 299x399px) Image search: [Google]
Rifts_RPG_Ultimate_Edition_2005.jpg
42KB, 299x399px
>>50176378
You could try giving Rifts a try. The system is a bit of a mess, but it's playable.
>>
File: 1425930955351.jpg (101KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1425930955351.jpg
101KB, 512x512px
>>50178192
>The system is a bit of a mess
You have a talent for understatement
>>
File: 70124.jpg (51KB, 191x250px) Image search: [Google]
70124.jpg
51KB, 191x250px
>>50176378
Atomic Highway has a very Mad Max feel.
>>
Degenesis
>>
>>50177503
>>50176378
>Heavy Metal--mutations, death, dismemberment, psyionics dieselpunk, magitech, with a focus on survival, vehicles, crafting, and crazy ass weaponry

Apocalypse World certainly includes these things and may focus on or emphasise them, depending on the playbooks chosen and the interest of the group.
>>
>>50176378
The key part to running a post apoc rpg isn't the ruleset, it's finding people that really want to play it.
Find some new contacts, get them interested in the hobby, and assemble a group of like-minded people. If you skip this step someone will unconsciously sabotage the game, or lose interest and bring politics or tumblr to the table. The worst examples will deliberately make the game hard for everyone, just to prove that it sucks and that it's better to play their favorite game (usually 3pf but varies).
Much like a real disaster, having good friends that got your back is the only important factor.
>>
>>50181050
This is actually extremely good advice. Thanks.
>>
>>50177503
seconding Apocalypse World, there's a particular emphasis on the psychics (since every PC can use it to get visions if they want) but I should have all the stuff you want. 2nd ed just came out
>>
>>50176378
I'd recommend the 40kRP system by FFG, there are usually wh40krp threads around that have download links for the majority of their games, Fast, lethal combat system that isn't much more complicated than D&D, it's a pretty good base system for adapting to other settings / games, You'll probably want to expand on their crafting rules and change out the available equipment for stuff that better fits your liking
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.