[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tank Combat RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: advancewars.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
advancewars.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
Sup /tg/. I'm looking for a good system to run a sort of lighthearted game with the players working together as a tank crew. Sort of in the vein of TF2 or Advance Wars where things are less serious and not concerned with total realism or historical accuracy.

Ideally, it'd be nice for the players to all have specialized roles both in and out of the tank.
>>
>>50174845
Seconding. I want players to choose different ammo types and all that.
>>
>>50174845
You could take the rules for vehicle combat from Only War, it's rather simple and easy to tweek to your liking.
>>
>>50176568
That seems like a good baseline for the tank combat, though I'm not sure if Only War's mechanics would suit the more lighthearted and cartoonist combat outside of a tank as well.
>>
>>50176806
>Get character with Str aptitude
>Increase strength infinitely
>Carry tank
Only War is goofy as fuck.
>>
>>50176872
You can only increase it 4-5 times if I remember right.
>>
>>50176806
First, don't take the critical hit tables in count, or the insanity/trauma ones.
With these out of the way, you'll find the game way less grimdark. For more "cartoon", take a look at some of the rules for ratling/ogryn,
There's also the random issue gear table, which can be rather funny to explain to your players why logistics sent them a duffel full of dirty uniforms
>>
>>50176893
Not if you're using the splats, baby. +5 to one stat every 2500xp, if I recall correctly. You're unlikely to be able to actually hit enough strength to carry a 60ton tank (I think I made it up to 24-ish tons in Rogue Trader, though, without the infinite boosts), but you can get some crazy damage reduction if you boost your Toughness enough.
>>
File: 1476935519575.png (285KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1476935519575.png
285KB, 444x440px
>>50176937
That fucking nuts I have a few of the spalts and never noticed. I don't know if I'd ever let someone go beyond 6-7 boosts depending on the nature of the campaign.

But that might be me being nofunallowed.
>>
>>50176958
Oh yeah. It's an alternative to getting special ranks. But these extra boosts are 1) free, they cost no XP, and 2) are in addition to your usual four boosts.

I don't even use the splats at all. I think they're hilariously OP. That one Talent that gives you Machine (+1) for every implant you have is just insane. I would have had close to 50 armour on my tech-priest with that shit.
>>
>>50176958
Well, even if I was going for something a bit more cartoonish, I'd want it more in the sense of the players being unusually skilled or lucky, rather than simply being able to bench tanks.
>>
GURPS with vehicles is what you are looking for OP. Each PC is given specific skills for different parts of the tank.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.