[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason I shouldn't make a cube of just awful cards?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (319KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
319KB, 312x445px
Is there any reason I shouldn't make a cube of just awful cards?
>>
Time, effort, desirability.
>>
>>50169244
Are you implying it would be an undesirable concept?
>>
>>50169197
I did. My group calls it 'The Shit Cube'. 750 cards of complete garbage.

I can't be sure but I'm willing to bet I'm the only Magic player to ever win a game by ult-ing Tibalt to untap the Leviathan I just cast and give it haste.
>>
>>50169338
Post it.
>>
Do it. I wish I had the time to do so.
>>
>>50169338
i would pay a arm and a leg for the privilege to see that.
>>
>>50169197
You know it sounds fun at first to make a cube out of nothing but awful cards, but it turns out it's actually awful.
>>
>>50169374
Who are you quoting there, fella?
>>
>>50169197
Because Ironman shitdraft is more fun.
>>
>>50169197
Strictly worse cube a la Friday Nights http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/9994
>>
>>50169374

I don't see why it would be awful.

Like, maybe if you some kind of "MtG Ubermench" baby

Otherwise it seems like an awesome and refreshing way to play.
>>
>>50169346
But anon that sounds like such effort. I don't have the list written online.
>>
>>50169527
Then what good are you?
>>
File: IMG_1440.png (866KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1440.png
866KB, 1136x640px
>>50169450
Strictly worse!
>>
>>50169517
That's what people always think. It's not.
>>
>>50169882

Once again, that all depends on how you play. I have a longing to use shitty cards and find some kind of excuse for them to see play.

Some kind of weird scenario for them to be useful. I've made shitty decks trying to make that stuff work. It's fun as hell.
>>
>>50169197
Depends on what cards you use. As long as the cards are fun to play and bounce of each other well while drafting then a cube of bad cards is great
>>
>>50169922
>and bounce of each other well while drafting
Then its not a cube of bad cards, it's just a really durdly combo cube.
>>
>>50170289
They don't have to combo they just have to play well together.
>>
>>50170980
Then it's still just a really surely cube.
>>
>>50169197
If everything is awful equally it's not that bad. Especially if each color gets some kind of representation.
Now digging through a bunch of old shit boxes and just throwing sets of 15 together blind for draft packs is where it really at.
It's probably the only way catacomb slug will ever be an MVP.
>>
>>50169197
You ever watch some scrubs at the bottom of FNM battling it out with what looks like draft dregs? It's like watching paint dry.
>>
nice hand
>>
>>50169197
It gets boring fast. Trust me on this
>>
>>50169197
Nope. I see limited as the only real opportunity to play with the bad cards of magic. Constructed will always go for the best of the best cards, with only $$$ stopping people from doing so. In limited card power becomes relative. If you want to go full power in your cube, go ahead, but if you're group's competitive enough you're really just going to be seeing similar cards to what you already know and use. By using shit cards nobody plays you can keep the meta fresh and exciting, make your games more tactical and long paced (a thing many players like, just look at edh) and it costs feck all to make the cube no proxies.
TLDR: Do it. If your group doesn't like it, don't push it, but definitely give it a try.It's an inexpensive mistake even if it does go wrong.
>>
There are plenty of reasons to build a low-power cube. Pauper cubes, combo cubes, I have a Conspiracy/CN2 modified sim cube that's pretty low on the scale. (Bolt was too powerful, for reference.)

That said, a cube where cards are chosen because they are bad, not in spite of that, is not an enjoyable thing to play.
>>
Just play Reject Rare cube. Put in the jankiest rares.
>>
>>50169810
>possibility storm
>bad
Tell that to my animar edh deck.
>>
>>50169197
That was a thing that was printed? For the love of god WHY?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.