[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would one kill a massive eldritch horror? Something that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: guts darkness.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
guts darkness.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
How would one kill a massive eldritch horror? Something that absorbs the souls of those who take a small part of it's power for themselves. I'm building a dark horror campaign around an Antorok type creature that's been fed the souls of the damned, and finally breaks free, spreading its massive body across the land and corrupting everything near. It needs a suitable quest to weaken it enough to where it can be killed, but I'm hoping for something a little more than "Destory the One Ring".
>>
>>50165466
Have a mechanic where your players figure out how to eat soul energy themselves, particularly off of the Horror itself. As it grows weaker they get stronger.

Or alternatively get them to find half a an army's worth of munitions to unload on it. Just the effort of getting that much firepower would be an interesting idea.
>>
File: demon.png (2MB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
demon.png
2MB, 1333x2000px
>>50165466
summon another Eldritch abomination and have them kill each other.

or

"We need to open a portal to get it in another dimension to cut it off from its powers and make it vulnerable for murder death kill. go to these X number of sites on the magical leylines and do the ritual to ready the fuck hueg magic circle"
>>
>>50165466
I think finding some way to starve it would be an interesting solution. Cause some change to either it or to humanity itself so that it can no longer gain nourishment from our souls. Like, sprinkle us with spiritual poison, or stab it in the gut. Then when it's weakened keep harassing it so that it's constantly having to use up energy, and without a way to replenish its reserves it eventually can be cornered and killed.
>>
>>50165570
I like the starving idea. Maybe there's a few specific beings that act as intermediaries to do the soul selling that they can kill off.

>>50165548
But then you have another eldritch abomination, and the same problem with another flavor. I do like the idea of messing with magic leylines to weaken it.

>>50165536
They certainly could, but that's how it gets stronger in the first place. You take some of it's power, it slowly corrupts you, growing in power as you become a more directly controlled thrall, then when you die/are sacrificed, it adds that power to itself.
>>
>>50165466
I firmly beleive that there's nothing that can't be killed by sufficient amounts of explosives.
>>
>>50165947
To add to the starving idea: give the players a couple options for making souls unusable: one which just makes it so that the players have a chance of beating the thing, and the other that significantly weakens the creature but also corrupts the souls and prevents them from going to their respective afterlives (with some maybe permanent after-effects). Make it so that the players need to decide whether or not an easy battle to stop the bbeg is worth the sacrifice
>>
File: image.jpg (220KB, 828x1260px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220KB, 828x1260px
Old artifact. Experimental tech. Complicated ritual. Etc etc, too known already. Let them be absorbed getting inside said horror (another world, new rules, new challenges) so they can fuck it up from within. Or better solve it like jojo bizarre adventure does - if you can't kill something, throw it in an endless loop. Horror trying to suck on an infinite soul forever without result, like an ant in an ocean.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.