[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ELECTION DAY CHALLENGE: DUEL DECKS - TRUMP VS CLINTON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 34

File: Trump.png (213KB, 376x523px) Image search: [Google]
Trump.png
213KB, 376x523px
Okay pricks. Nobody on this board wants to talk about who's voting for who, so i think it's time we had a little bit of fun today.

Today we do our best to construct Duel Decks: Trump Vs Clinton. We are going to try and make this as thematic as possible, and pull our shit for brains together to create a somewhat balanced Duel Deck experience to commemorate such a ridiculous day.

RULES:

1. Each deck gets its own unique walker represented by their candidate. (Trump example above nonwithstanding, saved it from elsewhere.)

2. No more than 2 copies of any non-basic land card in the deck.

3. There will be three new cards in each deck, one of which is a planeswalker, and the only card that can be at mythic rarity. Every other card available in the deck will be a reprint.

4. New art for reprinted cards always welcome.

5. Keep the decks thematic and balanced against eachother (I know you'd want to represent both with Armageddon but what's that for gameplay?)

Need:

>Colour identities for both decks
>Ideas for reprints in both decks
>Thoughts on planeswalker abilities.

GOD MODE CHALLENGE: Both decks are built, balanced and ready to play by the time one candidate wins the election.
>>
Trump makes sense as Jeskai, inb4 GB for Gitrog Frog

Hillary Clinton should be Black with another color

Trump Deck Reprints

Preacher
Hillary Deck Reprints:

Greed
>>
File: Stump1.png (263KB, 377x524px) Image search: [Google]
Stump1.png
263KB, 377x524px
>>50163716

I'd kinda wanna make Clinton GB just to be the opposite of Trump, but Green doesn't really feel Clintonish unless you include environmental issues.

In that case i'd lean towards making her Sultai, blue for control. Thoughts?

Also toyed around with this idea. Shit name but maybe could work as one of the new cards?
>>
>>50163716
Hillary should be Gitrog, honestly. She looks like a frog.
>>
Trumps deck should be as timmy as possible. Like a jeskai tokens thats slow but goes big.
Clintons could be a sultai grindy deck that wins by inevitability
>>
Trump is mardu. He absolutely has some amount of black, and Although I am not going to say he is dumb, I am going to say he is not blue
>>
Black is the color of ambition and selfishness, both candidates are in B. Trump deck is BR chaos, Hillary deck is WB drain.
>>
>>50163802
But Jeskai colours for MURICA. It feels so right.

>>50163806
2 Colour decks where both share a colour seems kinda eh to me... 3 colour feels more right here. i'm leaning with >>50163795
>>
Trump is definately Mardu. Very much "we protect our own".

Clinton is a traditional Orzhov politician.
>>
>>50163802
he's been playing 4D chess since before you tapped your first Island m8
>>
Trump for Jeskai and Clinton for Sultai for sure. It works:

Trump

Blue: Control, he's got his name on fucking everything, and owns businesses. He controls a lot of shit. It's doable.
White: Law and Order, he's openly saying he wants to support law enforcement. That's something.
Red: Chaos. Too easy.

Clinton:

Blue - Control, Strong leader figure, knows what she's doing.
Green - Environmental issues often fought for by the left
Black - Corruption. Again, too easy.
>>
>>50163644
Please, no /pol/ in /tg/.
>>
File: 16.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>50163716
>Trump makes sense as Jeskai
and he shall have the greatest wall of all.
>>
>>50163910

FUCKING YES.

Also one of his cards needs to have "Walls you control have protection from nonwhite sources".

And his walker should have something to do with tapping opponents lands to pay for spells you cast.

-2: You may tap lands your opponents control to pay for the next spell you cast this turn.
>>
Jeskai Defender tribal for Trump
Perimeter Captain, Wall of Denial, Wall of Omens, Hanweir Watchkeep, Vent Sentinel, Fog Bank, Stalwart Shield-Bearers.
Spells include Lightning Bolt, Path to Exile, Comeuppance, and Riot Control
Maybe Form of the Dragon and Circle of Protection: Black
>>
>>50163947
This hands down!

Trump deck:
Jeskai Defenders
21 cards
2 Perimeter Captain
2 Wall of Denial
2 Wall of Omens
1 Hanweir Watchkeep
2 Vent Sentinel
2 Fog Bank
2 Stalwart Shield Bearers
1 Preacher

1 Warmongers Chariot (lol)

2 Lightning Bolt
1 Path to Exile
1 Comeuppance
2 Riot Control

Thinking 36/24 Nonland/land split in each deck. Probably give them the life lands from Khans block?

Also >>50163945

Trump - 1RWU
+1 - Put an 0/3 Wall onto the battlefield
-2 - You may tap lands your opponents control to pay for the next spell you cast this turn.
-7 - You get an emblem with "Creatures you control get +2/+2 and lose defender
>>
>>50163897
How in the Hell is Black, the color of selfishness, not Trump? The man puts his name on everything and says whatever he has to in order to gain support. Then there is the fact that a huge part of his campaign centers on playing into the fears of the voter base about one thing or another. Fear is a very Black feeling.

I also question him being White. He might have said that he supports law enforcement, but in 2012 he basically called for an insurrection (when it became clear that Obama was going to beat Romney, he tweeted "this is wrong. We should march to DC and put a stop to this"), then during the election itself he obliquely suggested that if Hillary won and put a liberal judge on the Supreme Court, she should be assassinated; and later implied that if Russia were to hack the Democratic National Convention, they would be rewarded, i.e., he invited a foreign nation to interfere in an American election.

The man is not White excepting inasmuch as White tends to be the color of demagogues. Frankly he fits very comfortably into Black and Red: his entire campaign has been about emotion, fearmongering, bullying, and highly aggressive political tactics.
>>
trump is impulsive and is pressing for USA's emotions.
he should be red.( which also rappresent industry)

he is for law and order. he should be white.

he wants to make america grow again and he is defending his home citizen. he should be green.

Killary is using her connections and control over the system to rig it. that's totally black and blue.
she is using emotions of women and minorities to get to power, therefore red.
>>
>>50163947
I'd vote to cut the colors down to red and white. Add a small reanimator sub theme to give him a chance to recur either himself or vent sentinels.
I also think Hillary should avoid traditional combat as well, encourage an alt win condition. I like the idea of UB control, maybe with a big mill attack or Blue Sun's Zenith to either take down the trump deck or dig for her own answers? I'd want a self mill theme going, we can add flashback to give her more graveyard utility.
>>
File: trumpcard.png (3MB, 1405x1508px) Image search: [Google]
trumpcard.png
3MB, 1405x1508px
>>50163644
>>
>>50164050
This. Putting everyone's need to memes aside, which I know is hard for a lot of you he's literally the blackest part of business and the reddest part of red.
Splashing white because law&order is okay when it's on his side.
He should try and be grindy with big explosive bombs. He's the guy running cards like Blind Obedience to slow down the enemy so he can go "AHA, Inferno Titan"

Hillary should be blue/Black, maybe green, because her campaign has basically been entirely about information. She's good at finding information that Trump would rather stay buried and using it against him, which in this case is the equivalent of mill+reanimate.
>>
>>50164124
Hilary needs black and brown tokens, also faeries and women? tokens.
that card that makes citizen token . I see her esper.

trump needs gold tokens. Donald gets wal of denial for sure but also mnemonic wall. he should be able to spam his spells over and over again, no hard counters just like mana leak, mana drain, Donald need a goblin rigger.
>>
>>50164253
For god's sake no, keep the decks focused on one win con or everything's going to be crazy and all over the damn place. Either we keep to the idea of the red zone not being a win condition or we don't. I personally think Trump walls and a slight reanimator theme versus Hillary mill with a self mill subtheme is perfectly reasonable, plays well with the joke that they avoid direct fighting because they're politicians, and still highlights election themes.
>>
>>50164177
I think tokens are in order because of the citizenry etc. they may both need a single copy of omniscience. or maybe just the winner. Maybe a recurring nightmare on Trump's deck to bring back her emails that is, and a fact or fiction for Hillary.
>>
OP here, all in favour of cutting blue from Trump? Leaves us with the following options:

RW
RWB
RWG

>>50164334
So tokens for Hillary and defenders for Trump. Can we get a strong enough token theme in Sultai colours. Change base suit?
>>
>>50164050
>The man puts his name on everything and says whatever he has to in order to gain support.

The problem is that Hillary is already like that and it's funny to have Trump as Jeskai
>>
>>50164347
>>50164368

Or fuck the haters and keep the Jeskai meme.
>>
>>50164347
I once again vote RWB for Trump

>>50164334
Trump is more the better choice for tokens, seeing as how he's going to import a LOT of expendable mexican labor to build his wall if he's going to get it done. It's pretty much how he, and most rich people, build everything.
>Hire immigrant workers on work VISAs
>Pay them less than everyone else.
>When they should leave, they don't and become illegal
>Hire them under the table.
So Trump should have tokens he "hired" until the job is done. Goblins make a good stand-in for immigrants.
>>
RWU is spot on for Trump. I would recommend Hillary is GBW.
>>
>>50164253
The information warfare cuts both ways with the leaks though, so I think there would have to be some kind of vulnerability associated with that ability.
>>
>>50164441
I'm off from Blue for trump, I get it murrica. but he is too short sighted and improvisational RWB he needs the recursion themes
>>
>>50164453
we also need a Kemba that trump can grab and create kitty tokens for hillary...
>>
>>50164441
Trump doesn't plan anywhere near enough for Blue. Blue is slow and methodical.
Hillary set up that whole "fact checker" system and planned her arguments for debates.

Trump went to "/r/TheDonald" for a "I CAN DO THIS!!!!" type of pow-wow. One of those happened in canon. It wasn't the Jeskai, or even the Abzan who did that. It was the mardu.
>>
>>50164381
this is supposed to be a duel deck, the mana fixing is going to be shit if we keep it Jeskai. with the limitation on 2 cards max, making it RW keeps the mana reasonable and doesn't handicap him mana wise against a 2 color deck and we could have both decks stuck doing nothing a worrying number of openers if they're both 3 colors.

>>50164347
No way we can get a tokens theme in Sultai, there's only a few token generation cards in green and its an unbalanced matchup if Trump is going to be walls. If Trump isn't going to interact with creature combat, Hillary shouldn't either except for maybe a few creatures like shadowmage infiltrator to draw cards. I support cutting them down to 2 colors, with RW or RB for trump and UB for Hillary, using the themes suggested by myself here>>50164325 to explain the election (Trump ground down his opponents by constantly launching light barrages and never acknowledging his opponents actions, Hillary used tech to gain access to her own voters and dug up nasty secrets of her opponent) while still keeping things simple. If this is supposed to be a proper duel deck we need to keep the colors simple, otherwise the story gets lost in overly complicated mechanics and decisions. Mill will also help by adding a much more noticeable clock to the game, because otherwise the game is just going to durdle around until Trump gets his big wall pay off whether its a vent sentinel or his planeswalker ultimate.

>>50164453
That can be where the reanimator theme is with Trump. Hillary tries to mill him out and comes short, he could have a dread return to get a vent sentinel on the battlefield and start clocking hillary quick.
>>
>>50164347
I think blue works despite everyone perceiving him as a dolt. I don't say this because I think he's particularly smart, rather that he is always scheming. And he probably has a dirt on everyone. Control of information is what I'm advocating here. He hasn't suffered nearly a catastrophic breach as Hillary.

Huh, now that I think about it, the email breach is like someone leveled a Mind Twist at Hillary.
>>
>>50164030
>-2 - You may tap lands your opponents control to pay for the next spell you cast this turn.
Needs some sort of "you may draw from your opponent's mana pool" clause stapled on, or they just tap all their lands in response.
>>
>>50164523
Black can scheme. Blue thinks things through further when it schemes.
He doesn't think far enough ahead for blues scheming style.
>>
>>50164493
I feel like that's just Red shinning brighter than the rest.
>>
>implying Hillary wouldn't use an army of black Serf tokens
>>
>>50164553
There's a reason Red and Blue are enemy colors. It's such a red action, that it actually takes away blue points, because blue would at least try and prepare. Trump's first debate was trying to cowboy shoot from the hip with a gun he didn't load.
And he didn't do his homework the next few times either.

>>50164566
Prison industry complex is firmly on the Republican side of the ballot anon
>>
>>50164544
That's why he isn't just blue. Red and white are tainting his actions as well. I would also argue that color identity can serve a flavor roll just as much as a mechanical one. Blue being part of trumps pie is definitely unintuitive, but in the context of RW, it works.
>>
>>50163902
Shut up, this is fun
>>
>>50164030
OP Here
Like this look so far for the Trump list. 15 slots left for nonland cards and we still need the planeswalker verified and the 2 other new cards. Sticking with the idea of a Wall Lord that gives your walls protection from nonwhite.

>>50164497
Could break the rule to include a playset of respective Tri lands in each deck? Could live with him going Mardu instead of Jeskai (Althought love the idea of him staying Jeskai), but will go with Majority rule on this one.

What do you think lads, Jeskai for the memes of Mardu for the themes?

>>50164540
-2: You may tap lands your opponents control and use mana from your opponents mana pools to cast your next spell this turn.

That should also clear up the idea of it being a repeatable Mana short, only using what you need. This ability being so flavourful is another reason i wanted to keep Trump in Jeskai
>>
>>50164597
Of course, and he acts anti-blue. Literally the opposite of what blue does. Most of what we know about him, good or bad, is black.
>Being a rich, greedy businessman
>Admits that he does what he wants because he has the power and the fame to do so and no one can stop him
>Admits that he doesn't pay taxes
>Those allegations that he goes into bankruptcy just so he doesn't have to pay the craftsman that work for him.
>"I could Doom Blade a somebody and not lose any voters."
He loses either Blue or White, but he's practically primary Black.
>>
>>50164619
I think the decks should be limited on memes and more focused on themes. I'm all up for mardu with the 3 tri lands, but I will note that I'm still a bit nervous about costs. I might also suggest moving the 0/3 into a 0/2 just to keep things reasonable, or just making it a 1/1 if we're going to avoid making combat unless trump's ulted a thing.

You might want to add on to that limitation that you can only tap lands equal to the spell's cmc, but that starts getting really wordy.
>>
Regarding unique cards, I think that we should make each one like the ones in the new PW deck that tutor up the respective Politicianwalker
>>
>>50164656
Losing white loses the defender theme. If we lose a colour it's blue. If we gain a colour back, it's black.

>>50164661
>When you cast your next spell this turn, you may tap X lands your opponents control and spend X mana in your opponents mana pools, where X is that spell's converted mana cost.

Kinda chunky but the shortest i could make it while keeping it clear.
>>
>>50164705
The ditching blue is for the best. The only reason it "fits" is because "Muh memes" and "It's funny"
>>
>>50164705
That actually reads pretty well, and it helps a new player understand what's going on a bit better since spending x mana makes it clearer this is meant to be used for the spell you're choosing. I can just feel shitters misunderstanding what's going on there, especially if this is going to be used to reference stuff they aren't aware happened.

If we are using that ability though, we'll probably want to make sure 2 of the colors in Hillary's deck matches trump. So Mardu versus Esper for instance would let Trump cast both his black and white spells.
>>
>>50164656
Everything you listed there screams White to me.
>>
>>50164833
We mean the color pie anon, not people.
>>
>>50164833
Except for the last one and not just for the cleaver use of doom blade.
>>
>>50164843
So do I but you knew that.
>>
>>50164881
Actually I thought you were joking. Here let me put my serious hat back on.
>>50164656
Now, colorpie-wise:
>Rich and greedy
Being rich by itself isn't black, but getting your wealth through greed and finding ways to step on the little people is pretty much black. White at times can be more for the people, even if the name of the game is capitalism. White makes labor unions and increases the minimum wage because "ALL should prosper" is a white mindset.
>Admits he does what he wants because of wealth and power
This is literally the goal of black in MTG, whether Liliana, or Tezzeret, or even Ob Nixilis and Bolas." I have the power and the cards so I can do what I want" is a black sentiment. White is still more of a "For the good of the people" type of color.
>Taxes
The color of law, order, and following the rules would never approve of someone breaking the rules, that includes paying taxes.
>Not paying craftsman.
See what was said about "Stepping on the little people" right above for black. This is the blackest thing he could do legally to get out of paying.
>>
damn people stop bickering about who is what stick to campaign facts.
Hilarie=well prepared, long time in power, legitimate politician, email scandal Hurt her, secretive, she's perceived as corrupt (regardless of your opinion)

trump = "only I can save yall" mentality, not prepared but improvisational, repeats things alot, isolationist policies, tons of money.

trump= lots or resources, support of the overwhelming white etc

Hilary= immigrant and minority support, establishment.

nobody cares who you voted for, make magic great again because together we can
>>
>>50164990
So we're all pretty much agreed on Mardu walls then? RIP Wall of Denial...
>>
All these peeps insisting that an evil person must intrinsically have black as part of their pie.

Trump is RWU. Deal with it. White is more evil than black could ever be. Red allows him to admit his wrong doings, even with a mote of pride and defines his seemingly aimless business ventures. Blue is what allowed him to get this far while being a complete idiot on the surface. You don't get where he is without having some smarts and the fact that everyone thinks he has none only reinforces blue as the last piece. Subterfuge game strong bitches.
>>
>>50165004
but those aren't campaign facts.
>>
>>50165034
>Insisting that we're doing it because white or black are evil
Good job not reading the thread.
Black is about greed and "power for myself"
And no one's calling him an idiot, they're saying he doesn't plan and likes to wing it, which is 100% red and -5% blue.

Get a better understanding of the color pie. Christ you're terrible at it.
>>
>>50165034
...Fucking hell guys if we can't even decide on which Colour combo one deck will be how the fuck are we gonna build two whole decks in the nexxt 14 hours or so?
>>
File: 48.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
48.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>50165011
There are plenty of walls to use. This one is more Trump anyway.
>>
>>50164990
It's starting to feel a bit arbitrary whether he's labeled as black or white. I still feel like every one of those qualities is squarely white. You make a good case for the first point though. I think many in this thread are being far to narrow in their interpretation of the color pie.
>>
>>50165011
>So we're all pretty much agreed on Mardu walls then? RIP Wall of Denial...

Nah I like Jeskai for Trump and then we can do Dimir or Sultai for Hillary.

Sultai is good because then you get Delve (aka removing emails) with Treasure Cruise (clinton foundation) and murderous cut (assassinations)
>>
>>50165092
>Nah I like Jeskai
That's nice dear, but there's nothing blue about him. He doesn't read books and even his friends admit he has a nonexistent attention span.
>>
>>50165087
You have an odd view of the "We must save the little people" color. White, if allowed to do what it wants, would have raised Trump's taxes because rich, made sure he paid them, and then used them to fix up infrastructure. Then raised minimum wage.
There's a reason White has the most anthem effects. It's the color that things the wealth and greatness should be spread wide, not tall.
>>
>>50165092
>Sultai
BUG
>>
Both are black because of greed.
Both are white because they're at least ostensibly seeking order using their position.

Trump isn't blue because he's not an intellectual. I don't see either as being particularly red or green, although the Trump rallies get a tinge of red.

I'd probably say Clinton is Esper and Trump is just Orzhov, possibly Mardu if we really want three colors for both.
>>
>>50165209
If the man was actually greedy, he would have just let Hillary be president, and just bribe her through the Clinton foundation to get what he wants.
>>
>>50165141
I primarily got my vision of white through Ravnica and Scars. Both are admittedly flavored by other colors (U and B respectively). Still, white has cards with one-sided tax effects (or the player seeks to evade them if they are symetrical). White also pumps it's own team. Not everyone. Immigrants not welcome, USA USA USA!
>>
>>50165242
He can't afford the clinton foundation, he doesn't have enough of his daddy's money
>>
>>50165252
The clinton foundation is dirt cheap in comparison for what you get. It was only about 25 mil for Russia to buy 30% of the US uranium supply.>>50165271
>>
>>50165245
And in this case, you're "everyone" would still be those citizens that need their wages increased to survive. Which Trump is firmly against.

Think about the white organizations of Ravnica
>Azorious: Everyone should follow the law, otherwise we will deliberate and take a long time to determine how to best punish you
>Boros: Justice everywhere and for everyone, no breaking the law. Hoo-rah
>Orzhov: Good goys, pay your taxes, deposit your money in Orzhov banks, and remember to take out loans with the Orzhov. And I don't have to pay taxes, I'm "legally dead" or something
>Selesnya: All are welcome, if you are down on your feet or out of luck, we are here to guide you back with hard work and sharing of the fruits of our labors.
The only guild with white in it even slightly greedy would be Orzhov, and even that's because of black.
>>
File: tmp_13165-212_pic-1409630370.jpg (99KB, 700x523px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13165-212_pic-1409630370.jpg
99KB, 700x523px
>>50165339
I dunno man. Orzhov might have had the tax theme but I never got a feel for it in either set. Azorious knocked it out of the park.
>>
>>50165339
Simply raising wages does not take into account the labor cost and price increase of goods and services.
Furthermore, a higher tax rate on those that are most able to move somewhere else would not guarantee that you would actually see that extra income caused by increasing taxes
>>
>>50165452
Azorious made the laws and wanted people to make the tax payments. Orzhov was where you made your payments to everything. Literally the point of extort.

>>50165463
Literally not the point of the post. I'm not talking actual economics, but how white feels.
>>
>>50165082
fucking perfect
>>
Let's settle this dumbassery. Dual color decks.
>TRUMP
W/R
He bills himself as the law and order candidate, and his strategy is pure aggro, attack attack attack. He can't stand to not be doing something
>CLINTON
Bu/Bk
She's the defintion of slow, meticulous, and cunning. Schemes within schemes. If you read the wikileaks, they talk about promoting "pied piper candidates" in the GOP, who they believed would be easier to run against in the general (i.e. Trump, Cruz). She's also pretty damn ruthless
>inb4 muh bias
Black isn't necessarily evil, white isn't necessarily holy. It just represents doing whatever it takes to win, and emphasizing order above all else respectively
Also, I voted for Clinton
>>
>>50165531
Done, correct, print it.
>>
>>50165463
Again, it's not about policies being right or wrong, it's about what colour they fit in.
It may be asking each one its fair share for the greater good (white) as well as asking too much of the common men by ideology (still white). Though contrary to >>50165339 I would argue that taxes can be purely black if they go directly into the ruler's pockets.
But as long as they are for some common good, real or supposed, they are at least partially white.
It can be wrong or counter-productive, but still white.
>>
Trump would be straight black.
>>
>>50165584
He's Red more than any other color. Hillary would be Black.
>>
>>50165628
Dude, trump is literally an undead
>>
>>50165648
Nah, he's just just due for a skin stretching.
>>
>>50165658
I dunno, have you seen his hair?
Undead.
>>
>>50165242
>Donald Trump is not actually greedy
For fuck's sake you guys are retards.
>>
>>50165531
I would say Trump is Mardu and Clinton is Esper.
Depending on your political view it can be the good or bad aspects of each colour, but I think those are their colours.

I supposed you limited it to two colour for the duel deck format? With two colour I would actually think Trump would be more of a R/B person, as I think the white aspect of both Trump and Hillary are mostly a campaign face but:
- it's not about them as individual, but them as candidate
- it works better for a duel deck to not have overlapping colours.
- it works in term of mechanics
- I may be biased

So in definitive I would approve the choice of a WR Trump DECK and BU Clinton DECK.
>>
>>50165737
I don't think he's greedy so much as opportunistic.
>>
>>50165760
Splitting hairs.
>>
>>50165770
>the thread

We've got nothing better to do.
>>
>>50165760
>Black is best defined as "Power through opportunity"
Checks out. Black
>>
>>50165806
Or red :^)
>>
>>50165840
Opportunism is too underhanded for red.
>>
>>50165840
>"Freedom through Action"
Sorry, opportunism isn't there.
>>
>>50164990
>The color of law, order, and following the rules would never approve of someone breaking the rules, that includes paying taxes.
Only when the rules say that you pay taxes. Lawful does not mean stupid.
>>
File: atraxapraetorsvoice.jpg (45KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
atraxapraetorsvoice.jpg
45KB, 265x370px
In the spirit of the four colour commander set I'm going to propose four colour or "non-____" identities for each.

As has been stated, Trump is nonblue. People say there's no green in either but you're never going to see green in modern society unless you view it in the context of modernism. I'd say guns, hunting, farming, etc. is green and that side is generally in favour of Trump.

Clinton is obviously nonred as she represents the Status Quo fighting for its life and using all the tools in the System's toolbox to do so. Green is covered by the (at least vocal) support of environmentalism.

Thus we have Saskia/Dune-Brood vs. Atraxa/Witch-Maw.
>>
File: 1476161092773.jpg (60KB, 346x440px) Image search: [Google]
1476161092773.jpg
60KB, 346x440px
>>50165459
>I don't like this one thread!
>I'll just spam it, they'll never make another thread again, muahahaha!
Here's a picture for you
>>
>>50165878
Nonsense. There is nothing inherently underhanded about taking an opportunity.

>>50165888
You're being too narrow, friend.
>>
>>50165992
We have enough of a problem with mana fixing without going into 4 colour duel decks...
>>
>>50165996
I wouldn't be so sure of that picture, anon.
I've seen shitposts get an entire brand of thread get kicked off /tg/, several times.
>>
>>50166106
>implying color fixing is a problem even in five color decks
There are plenty of cheap albeit durdly all-color lands.
>>
File: Underhanded Schemes.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Underhanded Schemes.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Quick draft for a Clinton card.
Name is generic and flavour text is needed.
Yes it's a cheaper Spin into Myth that can came back to bite your ass.
>>
>>50166135
Hit me up with a 4+ colour Duel Deck that's been released in the past and we can talk about it.

>>50166149
Cool concept, would suggest switching it to Sorcery speed to prevent "EOT Blow you out" and cleaning up the card text.
>>
>>50166106
Nah we don't Wizards was just too retarded not to print much fixing in the C16 decks. Both have access to the usual green staples like Sakura Tribe Elder, Cultivate, etc., not to mention Manalith, Coalition Relic and the cheap rainbow lands.
>>
>>50166149
i am not sure but the wording might be better as some "copy this card and play without paying its mana cost" nonsense.
>>
Thoughts about "High Energy" Trump taking advantage of the Energy mechanic from Kaladesh? Also gives access to Aether Hub for fixing.
>>
>>50166228
>Trump using indian "psuedo-science"
What's next? Were the crusader's muslim?
>>
File: TezzyNoted.png (148KB, 539x647px) Image search: [Google]
TezzyNoted.png
148KB, 539x647px
>>50166299
Ramesh would be displeased.
>>
File: Bi-partisan Divide v2.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bi-partisan Divide v2.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>50166149
Not sure when I spoiler that.

>>50166224
>>50166149
Good remarks.

Trump quick draft this time. Look like a "chain of [...]" but less elegant due to the lack of target.
>>
>>50163897
blue is not control. you're doing it VERY wrong, that's not how the color pie works.

Blue is intellectualism, careful planning, and strategy. This is OBVIOUSLY not Trump.
>>
File: no-name.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
no-name.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>50166629
Cost is probably wrong.
>>
File: Corrupt Media.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Corrupt Media.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>50166844
Most annoying card ever. Should not exist.
>>
>>50166149
Add a clause stating that when an opponent casts their copy it exiles the card from your hard. Otherwise they can just play it over and over.
>>
File: motivtion.jpg (63KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
motivtion.jpg
63KB, 850x400px
>>50165737
>>
>>50167236
That's hilarious. He really does say whatever, doesn't he.
>>
Trump, the unstumpable RW2

Defender, first strike

At the beginning of your end step each opponent loses life equal to the number of creatures with defender you control.

6/3
>>
>>50167229
They can, the point is to be something you do and then want to get out of your graveyard like say, emails you want everyone to forget.
The opponent should probably just get the fateseal effect though.
>>
Am... I the only one who's worried?

Like genuinely worried?

Guys, is there going to be bloodshed? Riots? A war? I'm scared and I don't know who to turn to.
>>
File: Doom_paul_happy.jpg (148KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Doom_paul_happy.jpg
148KB, 900x675px
>>50167466
>>
>>50167466
Well, as an European, I'm not safe from an American nuclear attack, apparently?
>>
>>50167564
You should be okay as long as you don't live near a city, military base or major airport and you keep at least a month's supply of food and water in your home. Just remember: three liters per person per day.
>>
>>50167564
Remember to take iodine tablets BEFORE going into a radioactive area.
>>
>>50164540
Trump - 2RWU
+1 - Put an 0/3 red, white and blue Wall creature with defender onto the battlefield
-X- Gain control of up to X lands opponents control until your next upkeep. Then untap those lands.
-7 - You get an emblem with "Creatures you control get +2/+2 and lose defender"
>>
>>50167710
I would make it +2 instead of +1. Otherwise he comes in to late with to little loyalty.
>>
File: All is Trump card.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
All is Trump card.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
So boys, looks like this is happening.
>>
File: TrumpEmp3.jpg (2MB, 1600x2133px) Image search: [Google]
TrumpEmp3.jpg
2MB, 1600x2133px
We did it
We Made America Great Again
>>
>>50167853
Either that or start at 5 loyalty
>>
>>50164050
Problem is realistically they should both be at least 4 color but thats a poor choice for a duel deck.
>>
File: pol.png (311KB, 680x906px) Image search: [Google]
pol.png
311KB, 680x906px
>>50170298
>tfw when realize meme magic is real
Hail Kek!
>>
File: 90861_200w.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
90861_200w.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
If trump has walls hillary needs a copy of siege dragon not so much for flavor reason as mechanics though.

Its fun against the wall heavy deck because it can swing the game around but at the same time it is easily shut down by the very thing it destroys.
>>
>>50170298
>>50170393
>>
>>50165648
There are plenty of blue undead.
>>
>>50163802
Red for inciting emotions, black for capitalism
>>
>>50163910
Alright yeah the wall of denial is pretty much mandatory if trump is in blue (although we seem to be leaning towards keeping him out of blue)

It would be nice to have something denial related for clinton as well probably a counterspell.
>>
>>50163644
Special ability: File for bankrupcy.
If Trump would be dealt lethal damage or his controlling player would lose the game; instead flip Trump and every other player loses 5 life and all creatures with lower converted mana cost than Trump becomes 0/1 Welfare recipient.

Blame the others: If Trump would be the target of a spell or ability he may change the target to any creature not matching his colour or creature type.
>>
Sooooo... no Hillary planeswalker yet?

Hillary, Champion of WOTC

(Whatever mana. Most likely four or five)

+1: you gain 3 life. Scry 2 and draw a card unless target opponent pays 2.

0: tap or untap target permanent. Each opponent gets a clue token.

-3: counter target spell or ability. You may use activate this ability as though it had flash. You lose 3 life.

-10 name a creature type. Search each opponent's libraries, hands and graveyards for all creatures that have that create type. Exile those cards, and each opponent loses X life for each creature exiled this way

I don't know, 4 loyalty?
>>
>>50170612
Ok i get the 0 and -10 abilitys but not the other 2. Whats the flavor there
>>
>>50170844
The +1's additional effect was originally going to be determined by if anybody was looking, but maybe instead of requiring mana, an opponent would have to lose life to make you not preordain.

The -3 can be replased with something else, but keep that loss of life in there to show that Hillary was sick or something?

And the most flavorful way of using her Ult would be to name frog.
>>
File: image.png (191KB, 617x619px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
191KB, 617x619px
>>50170393
>X can't even summon low level spirits
>POL summons a chaos god that changes the course of human history.
>>
File: Trump God Emperor of Mankind.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Trump God Emperor of Mankind.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Trump Victorious.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Trump Victorious.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>50163644

Feels good man
>>
File: 1464895862611.gif (2MB, 325x235px) Image search: [Google]
1464895862611.gif
2MB, 325x235px
>>50170254
>Javad Nasrin, California democrat
>>
>>50171674
Wall needs to have defender. Cast CARDS from your hand without paying their mana COSTS.
>>
>>50163644
>Trump
>Not the definition of RB
>>
>>50163716
>Trump makes sense as Jeskai
Where's the Blue.
>>
>>50172089
Business skills. The Talas were blue after all.
>>
>>50165082

>return to hand
>you have to go back
>>
>>50172088
He is
Pure
White
:^)
>>
>>50170298

But why the goat?
>>
>>50172154
Note the devil horns on his other hand. HAIL SATAN
>>
>>50172103
Ok, but where are the business skills?
>>
>>50163644
Thank you for making this thread so I don't have to see any of this shit in /ccg/. Also, congrats Trump voters.
>>
File: christ lamb.jpg (849KB, 1816x2400px) Image search: [Google]
christ lamb.jpg
849KB, 1816x2400px
>>50172154
I think it may be a reference to the christian symbolism of jesus christ as the sacrificial lamb or as the good shepherd caring for his stock
>>
>>50171132
Shadilay!
Shadilay!
>>
>>50163644
Trump is Mardu, Clinton is Esper.

They're both White, because they both have the good of America at heart, a strong ideal no matter how flawed either of them may be.

They're both Black, because they're both self serving arseholes who will do things detrimental to others and themselves, especially for just a bit more power.

Trump is Red, because he's impulsive and charismatic, to the point that he became the President despite the actual words in his speeches.

Clinton is Blue, because sincere attempts to manipulate information is the single thing I remember about her campaign.

The Duel Deck pack will coincidentally feature the all the Jeskai colors, because burgerlanders have a real hardon for that.
>>
File: to discover new planets.jpg (27KB, 460x350px) Image search: [Google]
to discover new planets.jpg
27KB, 460x350px
>>50172744
This
>>
>>50172512
Close, but not quite.
The Bible has at least one point where a goat is used as a symbol for the antichrist.

It also has extra eyes and, like, seventeen horns, but still.
>>
File: 1477628874896.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1477628874896.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>50172744
>The Duel Deck pack will coincidentally feature the all the Jeskai colors, because burgerlanders have a real hardon for that.
You sayin' there's somethin' wrong with that, son?
>>
>>50172830
I believe you're referring to this
>Revelation 5:6 - And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Though people don't seem to really understand what it means. Probably just more political allegories that have lost their meanings.
>>
>>50172830
>>50173051
Also, I don't believe a goat is related to the Antichrist in the Bible, though it does have Satanic connotations in pop culture Christianity likely due to Pagan influence (probably related to Pan in particular).
>>
>>50172830
>>50173051
isn't that in itself a twisted parody of Jesus Christ as the lamb? it's only fitting that the Antichrist be presented as a grotesque antilamb
>>
>>50173257
Maybe? Again, the seven-eyed, seven-horned lamb's meaning is unclear. Though considering that it's apparently associated with God, I wouldn't think so.

Also, the Satanic goat thing is just Christians in the past demonizing Pagan stuff like Pan. It's the same reason that Big Red Devils tend to look like red-skinned satyrs.
>>
>>50173010
Come off it Sam, you bloody well know any vaguely american color identity discussion gets spammed to hell and back by burgers shouting Jeskai.

Picking colors and then trying to justify them is one of the worst ways to go about color identification, in fact, in the context of facts it's one of the worst ways to formulate an opinion period.
>>
>>50173312
Goats were also thought to be sinful animals, since they apparently eat everything and fuck a lot
Later on the black goat became one of the most recognisable symbols of satan
>>
>>50173335
Are you just jealous that Jeskai isn't associated with the UK? You could make a Captain Britain card.
>>
>>50173416
It does look like you're right. Though the only biblical thing I can find that makes goats look bad is an allegory about sheeps and goats representing the good and the wicked. I still don't think that makes the Seven Spirits lamb bad though. I mean, if they wanted it to be seen as bad, why not use a goat? Why a lamb, which is seen as good? Is it supposed to be an opposite to the dragon with seven heads and ten horns?
>>
>>50173051
>Creature - Lamb
>When ~ dies, create seven 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying.
>0/1
>>
>>50173580
>Creature - Dragon
>Flying
>Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, he or she sacrifices that many permanents.
>10/7
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 375x523px
Slapped the together on my phone so it looks shitty, but I had to.
>>
>>50172744
works for me
>>
>>50170612
>0: tap or untap target permanent. Each opponent gets a clue token.

i think that might be a bit to weak maybe give her the ability to stop opponents from using there clue tokens instead.
>>
>>50176671
but then why would trump be generating clues in the first place
>>
>>50176671
>>50176701
i never realized just how hard it must be for the duel deck designers
>>
>>50173540
I was pretty clear about what irritated me, and just wanting Jeskai for myself would make me a pretty big hypocrite. I don't reckon Jeskai's special for it's own sake either, but I'd make a Steve Irwin card before anything from fuckin' Britain.

The Croc Hunter was either Simic, Selesnya or Bant, for starters.
>>
>>50176671
>>50176701
Im thinking just give hillary a couple dec in stone and leave it at that for clues.
>>
>>50172088
Ehhh. I hate the animate pile of allegedly-sentient garbage that is our new Commander-in-Chief as much as the next guy, but even I would characterize him as more of a Mardu kind of guy - sort of like if an Orzhov patriarch woke up from a ghost nap one day and decided, "You know what, those Rakdos guys really have the right idea about what is good in life. Their main mistake is putting in all the work to have fun themselves, instead of cultivating an elaborate social structure that tricks OTHERS into giving them what they want."

Both major candidates are equally BW, but Clinton is Esper - cold, calculating, and utterly pragmatic.
>>
>>50179391
Esper control, focusing on deck manipulation and cards that are cheap but benefit the opponent vs Mardu aggro, with the New Cards the OP mentioned being walls that either pump the team or act like ETB sorceries?
>>
File: Ten Feet Taller.png (232KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ten Feet Taller.png
232KB, 375x523px
I've been working on hi res M15 templates for MSE and plan to print out a dueling deck I make.

Current colors are RWU for Trump and BGU for Hillary
Any suggestions?

So far I'm thinking
>Trump deck focuses on lower cost cards, with a few bombs
>Control and burn oriented with some wheeny swingers maybe?

>Hillary deck focuses on ramp at any cost, sacrificing creatures and life to get ahead, but her cards are more expensive and don't get as much out of them
>Life loss/gain, killing effects, bigger bodies on the board that might not stay there long or have heavy costs
Open to any suggestions including going in a different direction
>>
File: President Trump(1).png (301KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
President Trump(1).png
301KB, 375x523px
Made this one up ages ago, during the primaries.

How far we have come.
>>
File: Clintonsfavoritecard.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Clintonsfavoritecard.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>50163644
Pic related is an obvious 1 or 2 of in Clintons deck.
>>
File: PropagandaMtG.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
PropagandaMtG.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>50163644
>>50180742
This one too, for that matter
>>
>>50180520
That second ability would be a lot better if it had flash.
>>
>>50180431
I feel like hilary should somehow rither give her oponents clues or stop them sacking them.

If you go with the not using clues you are forced to put clues in trumps deck so im leaning towards give your opponent clues.

The obvious thing there is dec in stone but thats not in clintons colors.

I almost wonder if we should just make them both 5 color. It would at least represent how slow the campaign cycle is.

For that matter you really dont want these games to be over to quickly fir that exact reason.
>>
File: tg stats the Trump.png (222KB, 806x1398px) Image search: [Google]
tg stats the Trump.png
222KB, 806x1398px
>>
File: trump god emperor.jpg (65KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
trump god emperor.jpg
65KB, 375x523px
Allow me to add my old fan card into the mix
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.