[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Napoleonic Fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: original.jpg (527KB, 576x806px)
original.jpg
527KB, 576x806px
A while ago there were a few threads talking about possibly making a Napoleonic style fantasy setting. I got to thinking about it and there was a lot of disagreement in the thread but inspired me to write down a few notes here and there. I cannot find it in the archives so I was not able to include a lot of ideas mentioned.

Some players of mine want me to run a DnD 5e game over winter break so I have a few ideas for a game but this is the campaign setting idea I have in mind.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lHn_ulWBBei-Yt1FJqUmEYE8oXUUhkTrh-9CN6pN0Uw/edit?usp=sharing

Let's see if we can get this started again.
>>
File: character_race_attributes.jpg (506KB, 2403x1074px) Image search: [Google]
character_race_attributes.jpg
506KB, 2403x1074px
Bump
>>
>>50162545
So back when this thread was a thing i drew a picture for it but never finished it due to there not beeing any interrest left, here you go anyway.
>>
So we talked orcs last time? What if a major plot point was them developing a national identity, ala the German states after Napoleon?
Alternatively we could have an Elvish kingdom be the French belligerent in this.
Should there be a new world analog here? That was a major element of Europe in the Napoleonic era.
>>
>>50162545
Good luck getting gritty lethality out of 5e DnD.
>>
>>50162631
Someone should do this with orks and elves and shit.
>>
>>50163012
OP of the thread here. I was thinking about a New World analog but not make it like the Americas but more like a fantastical place of elves mixed with either humans or orcs as well. Similar to the main continent that the game Pillars of Eternity takes place, or the analogue of the Americas in Warhammer Fantasy.

It would be a land that the elves at least, if not even the humans, would have had knowledge of before hand but only recently either rediscovered or started to colonize in the past few centuries before campaign start.
>>
>>50162968
While I am no so keen on tying most nations, particular the big players, to particular fantasy races, I like what you've come up with. The Orc hussar is a really nice touch.
>>
http://www.alternative-armies.com/collections/flintloque-game-system

Here's a wargame that covers some of the same ground.
>>
>>50163930
This seems to follow the actual history a little too closely, just replacing each nation with a fantasy race because of how their name may sound. A nice attempt, but almost too direct.

But hey, definitely more of what we're looking for.
>>
File: TheLine.jpg (216KB, 850x481px)
TheLine.jpg
216KB, 850x481px
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lHn_ulWBBei-Yt1FJqUmEYE8oXUUhkTrh-9CN6pN0Uw/edit?usp=sharing I've opened up an editing link so others can edit or comment.
>>
>>50163879
I dont realy want to tie them to fantasy races, i just did some "bad guy" races, for example both the Orc and the Lizard wear Austria Hungary uniforms while the Dark Elf could be either French or German, realy the uniform colours vary a lot.
>>
Did you chose names as they come or had you some guidelines or meaning behind them?
>>
>>50164952
>>50163879
The good thing with napoleon era is that most uniforms actually look the same save for the colours.

I have a couple of templates for stylized characters, i guess i could use that to replicate a large number of factions just by recolouring some of the uniforms.

Right now i go with a theme of real life uniform + fantasy attire of the race depicted.
>>
>>50165015
A little of both. But I will take name suggestions as well as ideas for more nations, particularly minor nations as that would probably be where a lot of the adventuring happens.
>>
>>50165965
So now we already have a dual monarchy type of deal, why not have a Dual Monarch?

Literaly a ruler with two heads, one of course beeing evil.
>>
File: Temeraire.jpg (333KB, 1024x750px)
Temeraire.jpg
333KB, 1024x750px
Bump
>>
>>50168003
>temerarie
you anon, i like you
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.