[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think there's a correlation between being dissatisfied

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1476555763391.jpg (427KB, 500x665px) Image search: [Google]
1476555763391.jpg
427KB, 500x665px
Do you think there's a correlation between being dissatisfied with your life and being a fan of tabletop activities, in particular TTRPGs?
>>
>>50162446
yes
roleplay is an escape to what you wish your life rather was.

interesting .
>>
File: LynAdorable.jpg (91KB, 1350x1067px) Image search: [Google]
LynAdorable.jpg
91KB, 1350x1067px
Only if you'd say there's a correlation to being thirsty and drinking a particular type of drink.

Of course there is a correlation, but it's based on the person, not on the hobby. Some people aren't happy with their lives, and go to drinking, some retreat to fantasy football, some go to their workshops and make things. Tabletop games are usually relatively available these days and are somewhat popular, so it's not hard to see why it is used as a retreat form.
>>
There does seem to be an appreciable correlation, however there's also a lot of people who get into tabletop gaming at a low point but continue to game after their lives have become better. There's also people who simply get into to tabletop games to participate with their friends. Not everyone is like people on 4chan after all.
>>
>>50162516
>fantasy football
I don't get the appeal
>>
>>50164925
Imagine tabletop wargaming for people who are interested in sports.
>>
>>50162446
I think it has to do with imagination in general. People working with creative mediums tend to be sad twisted individuals.
>>
>>50166201
This.

The ability to cream vivid fantasy comes from the ability to imagine many different ideas and concepts. The more of the universe you can imagine the more unhappy most people are. People who live simple lives are generally more happy.
>>
>>50162446
That dog is so pleased with himself that it's making me angry
>>
>>50162446
Anyone who is creative or into artistic things tends to have some reason like that to be in them. Doesnt mean you're worthless or anything but I don't think I could blame anyone for trying to escape this life for a while given the world today
>>
File: 1408177217783.jpg (160KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1408177217783.jpg
160KB, 900x900px
I think there's less of a correlation between being a fan of tabletop activities and being a miserable downer than there is for other escapist activities, and that's because tabletop is a necessarily social hobby. Video gamers can just shut themselves in their rooms and inject vidya with hypodermic needles until they OD. You can't do that with /tg/ shit; you have to actually meet and interact with people. I think this is the reason why /tg/ doesn't suffer form the endemic roneryfaggotry you find on /v/. Even if you're just interacting with other nerds, you're still interacting with people, and that's healthy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.