[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any game that focuses on leading troops on either a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: TheMountain.jpg (67KB, 350x471px) Image search: [Google]
TheMountain.jpg
67KB, 350x471px
Is there any game that focuses on leading troops on either a large or small scale? I know that some games that feature mass combat rules can be made into a military army vs army kind of game but I am thinking more about games that has that as its intended gameplay focus.
>>
Humble bump.
>>
I'm actually curious about it myself. I've got a raging boner for leading troops into battle.
>>
>>50160582
Adventure Conquerer King
>>
Reign (based on one roll engine) has some focus on leading larger companies. Only skimmed the book but if you like ORE it's fine at least for inspiration. On phone now, might upload the PDF later once i get home.
>>
I'd really like to know this as well. Eclipse Phase sure as heck doesn't have the rules for mass combat.
>>
>>50160582
ASoIaF the RPG and Pathfinder, Kingmaker
>>
>>50161144
While I have played ASoIaF it's been on a character level and we never really got so far as to interact with the whole part of the soldiers in the house. What's it like?
>>
>>50160582
War Law for the 1e Rolemaster system is what you are looking for. Can be scaled for any level of combat. Unit gain their own xp and skill independent of members of the unit. While still having the experience and skills of the members have an impact on the unit's abilities. At the same time, commanders make or break a unit and it's ability to follow orders and work together on the battlefield. The system was even built to stand, mostly, alone as necessary or supplement other systems.

Downsides, very complex ruleset not meant for modern day kiddie gamers. Built on a ruleset that is not kind or forgiving and requires trust with your GM to ensure that it all comes together well. Plus it wouldn't hurt it to have a couple of programs built for it to help handle the record keeping overhead.
>>
>>50161013
>>50162217
I'll check 'em out.
>>
>>50160582
wargames and tabletop miniature games?
>>
>>50161013
>On phone now, might upload the PDF later once i get home.
Please do.
>>
File: 1477740437286.jpg (310KB, 796x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477740437286.jpg
310KB, 796x1200px
only war kinda lets you this where if you take the sergeant role you command a partner and depending on the party lead the squad
>>
File: ACKS.jpg (628KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [Google]
ACKS.jpg
628KB, 900x1165px
>>50160984
Was going to say this. The whole point of the game is to get powerful enough to lead a kingdom-sized army, and if you don't have a few soldiers and hirelings by your second adventure you're being too stingy or too dickish to NPCs.
>>
>>50167548
>no toast hanging out of his mouth

3/10, not animu enough for my army
>>
Warhammer 40k
Warhammer Fantasy
Kings of War
>>
>>50168981
Never heard about this. What is it, Conan-esque?
>>
>>50171091
It's an OSR retroclone of BX D&D.
And, well, yeah, I guess you could call it Conan-esque, since it is very much more swords and sorcery influenced than standard D&D influenced. The standard/default implied setting is based on antiquity.
>>
>>50167548
Battlefleet koronus has more rules for mass army combat than Only War. I never tried them myself and they look half assed.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.