[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about playing an kobold in pathfinder. What does /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 192.jpg (270KB, 542x681px) Image search: [Google]
192.jpg
270KB, 542x681px
Thinking about playing an kobold in pathfinder. What does /tg/ think the best class for this? Or at least most fun.
>>
>>50159931
something magicy.
>>
>>50159931

Kobold paladin
>>
>>50159931
ya know there's a pathfinder general for the explicit purpose of not flooding the board with trivial questions >>50159881
>>
Chained monk so you can kill the character off quickly and play a race that Paizo doesn't keep massively underpowered as a joke.
>>
>>50159931
Well it depends if you want to powergame, roleplay, or do something wacky
hm obviously sorcerer, ties into the whole wannabe draconic thing with the dragon bloodline and if anything their small size helps and offers some fun roleplay with the little guy able to dish out huge damage
"Who's the big man NOW orc!"
"I AM a mighty dragon... just fun sized"

Then you have gunslinger which is really powerful if done right and work into their love of devices as well as things that spit smoke and fire and such but some DMs won't allow it, maybe run the Bolt Ace archetype since crossbows seem to fit them pretty well too.
If not and you still want to do something like that one of the books has a crossbow fighting style for the ranger, i'd totally play sneaky sniper commando kobold. There's also a trap-master ranger but i never really looked at that so i'm not sure if it's good or shit.

If you want to go melee swashbuckler is pretty cool and relies mostly on dex, plus i imagine a kobold styling himself as a fancy dressed cyrano de bergerac type could be fun. Sort of like that fox dude from Labyrinth
Alternately there's even one archetype made just for small characters that involves running between legs and cutting hamstrings and such that seems like a good fit for scrappy little lizard.
If you wanted to do a Paladin or Cavalier i can see a former kobold minion having seen his big bad dragon master get it's tail kicked in by a glorious knight saying "holy shit, that guys even BETTER than dragons!" and trying to emulate that either as a don quixote silly bastard or maybe he rushed right up to Sir Dragonkicker and begged and pleaded and the knight decided to take him on as a kind of squire. Mounted combat can be strong if you dedicate to it and small riders can even use their mounts indoors.

Just ideas
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.