[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some settings with extensive background material? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

What are some settings with extensive background material? I really like to read all of the stuff published about Glorantha because it really helps me to get a better picture of the setting, and I was wondering what other settings out there also have a lot of books published about the setting's background.
>>
>>50156299
RIFTS. Shadowrun. World of Darkness. Star Wars. MERP. Harnmaster.
>>
>>50156299
>>50158066, plus:
Marvel universe 616, dragonlance, forgotten realms, Ravenloft, ptolus, eberron, hellboy, buffy/angel, defiance, stargate, the witcher, riverworld, hyborean age, ringworld, call of cthulhu, warhammer 40k, supernatural, mass effect, halo, assassin's creed, legacy of Kain, jak & Daxter, legend of Zelda, mobius(sonic).
>>
>>50158141
Some of these you would read up on on a wiki because they're lacking in printed source books, but same idea, they're all heavily detailed.
>>
File: lake_town_artpreview.jpg (382KB, 1000x1294px) Image search: [Google]
lake_town_artpreview.jpg
382KB, 1000x1294px
>>50156299
Would you happen to have PDFs that you can share? I'm very interested in having a look at the background and artwork, for no small part due to merlkir involvment, but it is lacking from the archive. Fantasy late bronze age looks pretty cool as far as settings go.
You may want to have a look a The One Ring if you don't know of it already.
>>
>>50158161
I saw a mega link floating around here that had basically all of the more recent books. Not sure where it went though.
>>
File: updatedMyJournal.jpg (69KB, 448x419px) Image search: [Google]
updatedMyJournal.jpg
69KB, 448x419px
>>50158141
>Includes some D&D settings
>Doesn't include Planescape
>>
File: Earthdawn Swordmaster T'skrang.jpg (48KB, 486x502px) Image search: [Google]
Earthdawn Swordmaster T'skrang.jpg
48KB, 486x502px
Gonna play that Earthdawn-card again.
>>
>>50160232
>Realized it right away and tried to post Planescape, Song of Ice and Fire, and Elder scrolls, but fucking clover wouldn't let me post.
>>
>>50156299
>I really like to read all of the stuff published about Glorantha

You might want to see a doctor if you can actually read through that stuff without nodding off.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.