[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just noticed something...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Is it just me, or were all the traitor legions the ones who changed their names, while the loyalist ones never did?
>>
>>50153871
I feel like the Blood and Dark Angels probably changed their names. Something about blood and Dark seems out of place with how the original legions were named and more suited towards there Primarchs. Also I don't think that the Iron Warriors or Night Lords ever changed their name.
>>
>>50153871

Storm Walkers - Iron Hands
Warborn - Ultramarines
The Fearless - Salamanders
Raven Guard - Pale Nomads/Dust Clad

The fluff for the Dark Angels, White Scars, and Blood Angels hasn't been released yet in a big book, so we'll have to wait for those before we can learn their early legion history.

The only Loyalist legion that we know for sure never changed their name was the Imperial Fists, and that's because they earned it very early into their service on Terra, and Dorn seemed to like it enough to not change it.
>>
>>50153968
Where did you get the original Ultramarines, Salamanders, Raven Guard names?
>>
Iron Hands were originally known as Stormwalkers.
>>
>>50153871

Some gained names that they wore as a badge of honor for their successes in the Unification Wars and Great Crusade before they found their Primarchs.

The list goes:
>The First -> Dark Angels
>Luna Wolves -> Sons of Horus
>War Hounds -> World Eaters
>Imperial Heralds -> World Eaters
>Storm Walkers -> Iron Hands
>Dusk Raiders -> Death Guard
>Dragon Warriors -> Salamanders
And those that didn't change their names:
>Ultramarines
>Alpha Legion
>Iron Warriors
>Blood Angels
>Emperor's Children
>Raven Guard
>Thousand Sons
>Night Lords
>White Scars
>Space Wolves

Some kept their numerical designation until they found their Primarch, who named them. Other times they earned their name before they found their Primarch and their Primarch decided to honor that history rather than change that legacy.

>>50154094

There's wikis out there.
>>
>>50154141

Fuck, should be Word Bearers.

Also I forgot the Imperial Fists.
>>
>>50153871
This exact observation is made in the first Forgeworld HH book. Makes it more interesting when you think it's written by an in universe scholar.
>>
>>50154141
I think you mean Word Bearers, anon.
>>
>>50153913
you're wrong, both the blood angels and dark angels were so called during pre heresy
>>
>>50153871
>what is second founding
>>
>>50154304
we're talking about first founding legions, you noob
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (122KB, 684x583px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
122KB, 684x583px
>>50154141
>Ultramarines

Had a ton of names before being Ultramarines, same goes for most of the legions you named that didnt change their names.

Salamander's first designation by the Imperial Army was "The Fearless", not dragon warriors.
>>
>>50154339
>Is it just me, or were all the traitor legions the ones who changed their names, while the loyalist ones never did?
I don't see the words 'first founding' in there you illiterate faggot
>>
>>50154486
>legions
>>
>>50154486
can you not into grammar?
>>
>>50154486
>legions
>>
>>50154496
>>50154541
>>50154554
they did change their names though, its called the second founding you noobs
>>
>>50154751
>Imperial Fists legion changed their name in the second founding
>Now they call themselves Imperial Fists

Good b8, you got me! Your absolute retardation is most amusing!.
>>
>>50154751
once again, can you not into grammar? This is specifically asking about legions switching names, traitor or loyalist, and that only happened pre HH.
>>
File: (You).gif (358KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
(You).gif
358KB, 640x480px
>>50154751
>>
>>50154141
>>Emperor's Children
But that's wrong, anon.

The Emperor's Children were called that after an impressive speech that Fulgrim gave them early on, soon after he had just rejoined his legion and right after said legion had just suffered extreme losses. We don't know what they were called before that but we do know that they were named Emperor's Children because of something specific that Fulgrim did.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.