[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flames of War: Russian Levitation edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 95

File: glorious spetznaz.jpg (461KB, 700x668px) Image search: [Google]
glorious spetznaz.jpg
461KB, 700x668px
>Because none of you bastards were making a new one
good thing the old school is back in business!

Flames of War SCANS database:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current /tg/ fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
http://www.wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

http://www.400gb.com/u/1883935

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
http://panzerfunk.podbean.com/
Panzerfunk Listener Questions Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeOBxEJbNzS_Ec7I76zQmCU9P7o0C5bAgcXriKQ4bOWBp4QkA/viewform

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page

for lolz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY3sM0jtwaA
>>
File: 553544.jpg (534KB, 1836x1644px) Image search: [Google]
553544.jpg
534KB, 1836x1644px
>St. Gloriana
>>
File: 5T6lDHM.png (316KB, 469x700px) Image search: [Google]
5T6lDHM.png
316KB, 469x700px
>>50154315
Fookin' Noice man. Love the decals, did you make them or order them from that one site that does them?
>>
>>50154315
What tanks did St. Gloriana use in the show?

What should I buy if I wanna start FOW from nothing?
>>
>>50154315
Found this on TMP a few weeks ago. Is this a modified flames of war?
>>
>>50155336
kek. awesome, i saved that.

by comparison....
>>
>>50155439
>>50155336
Are these modified FOW or another game system?
>>
File: IMG_0178.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0178.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Played some team Yankee today. Had a blast.

Objective: secure the bridges.

NATO won air superiority early on
>>
File: IMG_0179.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0179.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>50155677
Guy bailed out on another bridge, held up the advance for everyone.
Dickhead
>>
File: IMG_0180.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0180.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>50155691
Victory was snatched by NATO, but only just
>>
>>50155242
>What should I buy if I wanna start FOW from nothing?

Assuming you don't mind playing British or Germans in the Late War (19944-45) time period, the Open Fire starter set is an excellent place to begin.
>>
>>50155677
What is the size on that table? it seems a bit narrow.

Also, it also seems a bit open. You want some stuff that blocks line of sight or offers concealment.

Otherwise the deadliness of modern battlefield technology will be seen pretty quickly as things slaughter each other pretty quickly over clear lines of sight.
>>
>>50155677
I'm enjoying the road made out of bread.
>>
File: IMG_4272.jpg (201KB, 1337x1040px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4272.jpg
201KB, 1337x1040px
>>
>>50156594
the fuck is that thing?
>>
>>50156140
The green strips counted as forests, it was glorious the way all the tanks were exploded by turn three
>>
>>50156140
Table is 6x4
Btw
>>
>>50156758
Freaky Mine Clearance Vehicle if I know my 'Wacky German Engineering'
>>
File: IMG_4273.jpg (88KB, 1600x783px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4273.jpg
88KB, 1600x783px
>>50156758
The Krupp Raumer S.
130 tonnes of heavy breakthrough ram tank baby! Wünderwaffe suicide vehicle loaded with enough explosives to take out an entire jk it's a minesweeper.
>>
>>50156817
>>50156782
There's no way that's real

I mean I know they were hyped up on panzer chocolate and unlimited nazi bucks but nobody is that goddamn crazy to actually build one of those.
>>
>>50156840
Why not? Seems like a good idea (if you were USA with industrial capacity to spare). Mine clearing was a bitch.
Ok manning that vehicle seems like a bitch too.
>>
>>50156840
>panzer chocolate
... now I want little chocolates shaped like a panzer IV
>>
>>50156840
>>50156866
Chocolate laced with cool refreshing meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth.
>>
File: komet-illustration01500px.jpg (227KB, 3600x1550px) Image search: [Google]
komet-illustration01500px.jpg
227KB, 3600x1550px
>>50156840
>There's no way that's real
>I mean I know they were hyped up on panzer chocolate and unlimited nazi bucks but nobody is that goddamn crazy to actually build one of those.
They were cranking out near-suicidal jet aircraft so something like that seems almost sane in comparison
>Why has it got no landing gear?
>Because Fritz you won't be landing
>>
>>50158086
Uuh m8, that's not a jet that's a rocket.
And it had both a landing skid and rear wheel. And photo cell activated up/backwards firing grenades in the wing bases.
See? Totally reasonable.
>>
>>50158133
>Landing Skid
You say that like it's an improvement on matters. When basically landing on it was a 50-50 chance of the entire fucking thing exploding, that being of course if you could actually stop. Because it's a fucking Skid.
>>
>>50158158
Well the exploding issues was not because of the skid rather the very explosive rocket fuel fumes.

Not that I'd advocate skids instead of proper wheels outside of landing on snow.
>>
>>50156840
I love how everyone else just had mine rollers and the germans tried building a crazy-huge tank for it.
>>
Reading up on the Berlin Brigade... What was the point? To divert some resources into holding them out? It doesn't seem like a couple of battalions of infantry and some chieftains would've been a meaningful obstacle to multiple divisions of tanks and infantry that could've gone at them from all sides.
>>
>>50155514
a is a grognard's take
b is actually FoW.
>>
Might be useful for some of you, just ran across it at random earlier and figured I'd share.
>>
File: whyberlin.jpg (112KB, 452x600px) Image search: [Google]
whyberlin.jpg
112KB, 452x600px
>>50159736
>What was the point?
Symbolism, national prestige, emphasizing West Berlin was still free, giving the finger to the Soviets

There was an expectation of some serious urban fighting in Berlin; while they were outnumbered like you say the NATO forces there would have at least gone down shooting.
>>
File: Hohei defenders.png (1MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
Hohei defenders.png
1MB, 1080x608px
Time for the second batrep I've got for you guys. This time it's 2000 points of Shtraf vs 2000 points of Hohei infantry, in the battle of crazy people.

On the Japanese side, we have a long time friend that decided that maybe he'd like to start a japanese army for flames. Since nobody here has a japanese army, his force is 100% proxied. Using spare models, we were able to mock up a 2000 pt FV Hohei Chutai force for him.

>Hohei Chutai HQ - CiC Sword, 2iC Sword w/ Regimental Standard - 125 pts
CiC was represented by the based british platoon command team, 2iC by the Open Fire american paratrooper command team.

>Hohei Platoon - Command Sword, 9x Rifle Team, 3x Light Mortar, Banners - 360pts

>Hohei Platoon - Command Sword, 9x Rifle Team, 3x Light Mortar, Banners - 360pts

The Hohei platoons are represented by Russian, British, and American Rifle or Rifle/MG teams. Light Mortar teams were represented by blank cuts of flooring tile.

>Hohei Machine-gun platoon - Command Sword, 4x Type 92 HMG - 160 pts

>Hohei Machine-gun platoon - Command Sword, 2x Type 92 HMG - 85 pts
The HMGs were attached out two per Hohei platoon, to bulk them up and give them a better chance to stop the communist horde.

>Hohei Rapid-fire Gun Platoon - Command Sword, 2x Type 1 47mm - 55pts

>Hohei Rapid-fire Gun Platoon - Command Sword, 2x Type 1 47mm - 55pts
The rapid-fire guns are represented by 6pdrs and some spare russian guns.

>Scout Platoon - Command Sword, 3 Rifle - 140 pts
Represented by the based but unpainted russians

>Field Artillery Battery - 2x Command Sword, 2x Observer Rifle, 4x Type 38 75mm - 310 pts
More spare russian artillery peices.

Overall army is pretty simple, and could probably be more optimized, but we wanted to keep it as simple as possible for the new guy. He decided not to take any Nikuhaku teams, since the enemy only had 3 tanks.
>>
File: Shtraf horde.png (2MB, 1426x722px) Image search: [Google]
Shtraf horde.png
2MB, 1426x722px
>>50160416
On the Soviet side, we have our resident commie and veteran to the game, fielding a semi-proxied Shtraf company. There's a method to the infantry proxies, but the shot detail isn't great enough to tell the types of teams apart. The DShKs were represented by halftracks, while the Katyushas are represented by a mix of actual Katyushas and amphib jeeps.

>8ya Otdtelnaya Shtrafnoy Batalon HQ - CiC SMG, 2iC SMG, Battalion Komissar, 4x PTRD, 2x 45mm obr 1942, 5x Pioneer Rifle, 4x Flame-thrower - 415pts

>Shtraf Company - Leytenant Pyl'cyn, Komissar, 21x SMG - 430 pts

>Shtraf Company - Command SMG, Komissar, 21x SMG - 430 pts

>Shtraf Machine Gun Company - Command SMG, Komissar, 6x Maksim HMG - 175 pts

>Shtraf Motar Company - Command SMG, Komissar, 6x 82-BM-41 mortar - 115 pts

>Assault Gun Company - Command SU-122, 2x SU-122 - 130 pts

>Anti-aircraft Machine-gun Platoon - Command DShK AA truck, 2x DShK AA truck - 55pts

>Guards Rocket Mortar Battalion - Command Rifle, Observer Rifle, 3-ton truck, 8x BM-13-16 Katyusha with extra crew, 2x DShK AA truck - 260 pts

He decided to combat attach everything he could to the Shtraf companies, making them both over 37 teams strong. Shtraf means the odd platoon count doesn't matter for him, as long as he can keep at least one of his megaplatoons alive.
>>
File: Battlefield2.png (1MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield2.png
1MB, 1080x608px
>>50160425
Once again, I forgot to take pictures of deployment. Same field as last time. Mission was a simple Free-for-all, decided upon by both players for its simplicity and being able to place everything on the table at once. The japanese objectives placed in the two farms, while the Soviet objectives were in the center of town and in the eastern woods (directions being taken with the japanese side as south).

The russians have their choice of deployment zones, and decide to start on the open side, figuring they can advance into the town quickly and take advantage of the cover of the buildings as they assault the japanese off the objectives. They deploy the Katys in the farm complex to the west, then spend 15 minutes on each shtraf platoon, which are placed in the center, aimed right at the town. The AA trucks hold the eastern flank, while the SUs are in the middle to support the infantry.

The japanese, in response, occupy most of the buildings with two Hohei platoons and the 2iC, while the third and the CiC take the woods with the objective. Their artillery and guns end up with pretty restricted deployment options due to the buildings and roads (the japanese player having learned the value of Digging in after the previous game), and end up with one platoon of each type covering the flanks. The scouts are placed to push into some of the middle buildings during their recce move, and do so sucessfully.

Despite having a +1 for the first turn, the russians fail the roll, and the Japanese get to go first. They promptly spend the turn digging in, suceeding with everyone but the 75mms that the Katyusha observer can see. No bombardments or shooting, as the japanese only have 24" range guns and they can't fire bombardments due to meeting engagement.
>>
File: JvS Turn 2 mid.png (2MB, 1426x803px) Image search: [Google]
JvS Turn 2 mid.png
2MB, 1426x803px
>>50160436
The russians advance with everyone but the Katys, who manage to destroy one of the 75mms and a rifle team in their bombardment. The SUs drive hard towards the city, avoiding the only guns that can hurt them. The katys fail to remove their smoke trails.

Red markings show the buildings the various Japanese platoons are in.
>>
File: JvS Turn 2 mid_2.png (2MB, 1426x803px) Image search: [Google]
JvS Turn 2 mid_2.png
2MB, 1426x803px
>>50160454

The japanese respond with some counter-battery fire after the 1-gun battery manages to dig in, but only manage to kill one Katyusha. Shots from the AT guns and two of the HMGs manage to take out a few infantry teams, but the shtraf don't care.
>>
File: JvS Turn 3.png (3MB, 1216x967px) Image search: [Google]
JvS Turn 3.png
3MB, 1216x967px
>>50160476
To end turn 2, the russians advance again. The rockets fail to kill any of the japanese, but do manage to pin several platoons. This marks the first of many turns that the western Hohei platoon will fail to unpin.
>>
File: ST79.jpg (525KB, 716x946px) Image search: [Google]
ST79.jpg
525KB, 716x946px
>>50159736
>>50160277
I just remember that there's a Strategy and Tactics which covers this too

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gx8wk87brbxzn8q/S%26T+079+-+Berlin+%2785.pdf
>>
File: JvS Turn 3 mid.png (2MB, 1426x803px) Image search: [Google]
JvS Turn 3 mid.png
2MB, 1426x803px
>>50160484
Turn 3 sees 7 more Shtraf teams die for the motherland, as the japanese unleash another volley of shots. The platoons able to be seen by the SUs hold fire to avoid being hit on 5s instead of 6s, while one of the AT guns on the east flank repositions through the woods.
>>
File: JvS Turn 4 mid.png (2MB, 1426x803px) Image search: [Google]
JvS Turn 4 mid.png
2MB, 1426x803px
>>50160498
The russians advance, reaching their first building and cresting the hill. A lucky shot kills the observer team in the tower (us all having forgotten that he'd be forced to join the Hohei platoon in there with him), and two more rifle teams in the western hohei platoon die to rockets.

On turn 4 the western Hohei fail to unpin again, along with the one-gun battery, but at this range the HMGs start opening up in ernest. Another 9 Shtraf meet their end, but this is still just a dent to the horde.
>>
File: JvS Turn 4 ass.png (2MB, 1426x803px) Image search: [Google]
JvS Turn 4 ass.png
2MB, 1426x803px
>>50160512
At this point, a critical error was uncovered. The japanese player had forgotten to pull his scout platoon out of the central buildings despite reminders from observers, and they're too far away (and have too much brick in the way) to get supporting fire from the HMGs in the other buildings. This, of course, results in the Shtraf advancing forward, and then charging the strung out platoon. The Portee guns on the AA trucks are dismounted and move into the damaged hotel.

An ungodly hail of SMG and HMG fire pins the scout platoon, who fail their critical roll to disengage. No teams die, but then the music starts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

The remaining 50-odd teams of Shtraf charge the poor scout platoon. At this point, the absurdity of how fucked the scouts are hits us, and everyone spends the next few minutes too busy laughing their asses off to actually move anything. Eventually we all recover, though the soviet commander keeps breaking out into chuckles as he moves teams. The anthem repeats TWICE before we manage to get to the whopping four shots of defensive fire, which all miss because the Scouts are too busy pissing their pants.
>>
File: JvS Turn 4 ass_2.png (2MB, 1426x803px) Image search: [Google]
JvS Turn 4 ass_2.png
2MB, 1426x803px
>>50160523
Needless to say, the scout platoon is pretty handily destroyed. The command team survives, and decides that running is better than letting the russians get another move to get more teams into the building. The russians duely consolidate into their new holdings. At this point it's time for the new player to head to the airport, leaving the local brit (me) to take over when we resume the next day.

(And side point, the oval in >>50160476 is showing where the one gun battery is hidden)
>>
File: JvS Turn 5 mid ass.png (3MB, 1749x801px) Image search: [Google]
JvS Turn 5 mid ass.png
3MB, 1749x801px
>>50160535
Turn 5 rolls around, and the scout command team decides to commit seppuku (fails sole survivor test). The western hohei fail to unpin yet again, showing that fearless is worthless when your dice are shit. Desprate to hold the russians off, and sure I can manage an assault with smoke and artillery support, I charge the eastern Hoehi platoon in, intending to shove the Shtraf off with my full 13 team platoon of vets. The smoke and HMGs manage to pin the Straf and the dismounted AA guns. The assault is launched, glorious victory assured!

...Except this one asshole on the end, Steveu, is out of the smoke. The hotel, which currently has two HMG teams and the DShK's dismounted guns, pours fire onto the barely exposed assault. Of course, he is one of the few teams that passes their save. Shouts of "Banzai! Banzai!" go up across the japanese line, and they do a second assault. Since they don't move into contact a second time (or at least that was how we read the rule), Steveu results in the second assault still failing, and is litterally the ONLY team to save from defensive fire the second time.

They fall back, Steveu failing his skil test to enter the building and so having to move around into the open (the street being too narrow to leave teams in it and more than 2" away). The platoon passes their morale check to not go even more bugfuck crazy, but the hopes of the japanese are destroyed by one team being out of place.

Let this be a lesson kids: Remember to declare Non-Assaulting Teams, or Steveu (or his appropriate national counterpart) will ruin everything.
>>
File: JvS Turn 5 end.png (2MB, 1426x803px) Image search: [Google]
JvS Turn 5 end.png
2MB, 1426x803px
>>50160552
The russians see this as an opportunity, and move up their flamethrowers and infantry to assault the weakened platoon and the central platoon. The SUs and Katys rain more shots down, killing two more teams from the western platoon. The second Shtraf platoon occupy buildings in preperation for an assault next turn.

The flamethowers kill another 4 japanese teams, thankfully including Steveu. Then the assault begins, soviet anthem once again filling the air... But this time there's 4 HMG teams getting defensive fire, along with a lot of rifles. The japanese get the exact 10 hits they need, and the assault is forced to fall back, leaving 4 dead Shtraf teams on the cobble and a salty russian commander.
>>
File: JvS Turn 6 ass.png (4MB, 1424x1497px) Image search: [Google]
JvS Turn 6 ass.png
4MB, 1424x1497px
>>50160560
Japanese turn 6 is entirely unremarkable, being yet more desprate shots that kill another 4ish teams of Shtraf, though they do also manage to pin the dismounted DShK platoon, killing one.

The russian player spends forever deciding if he's going to launch an assault against the western Hohei, despite his fire wittling them down to two (pinned) HMGs, a Light Mortar team, the command team, and a single rifle team. The failure of the last assault makes him cautious about assaulting into a meager 11 shots of defensive fire, half of it at +1 to hit.

Eventually he decides to go for it. The anthem blares again, the soviets charge, and defensive fire is as ineffective as I expected. 7 hits, but he passes every save. The assault sees everyone but the platoon commander dead, and he promptly fails his 3+ roll to stay in and at least stab one of them with his sword. He'll commit seppuku at the start of turn 7.
>>
File: JvS Turn 7 mid.png (2MB, 1426x803px) Image search: [Google]
JvS Turn 7 mid.png
2MB, 1426x803px
>>50160575
Turn 7 opens with the soviets contesting the objective. The two surviving Hohei platoons have been severely weakened, but the one in the church is still able to contest. I open up again with my guns, and manage to kill a handful more, inclduing another DShK team. They fail platoon morale and run, the only dead soviet platoon.
>>
File: JvS Turn 7 end ass.png (3MB, 1309x1116px) Image search: [Google]
JvS Turn 7 end ass.png
3MB, 1309x1116px
>>50160597
Soviet turn 7, with confidence restored in assaults, the larger western Straf platoon moves up to finish the job. Their flamethrowers are murderously effective, killing most of the remainder of the middle Hohei platoon. Only four rifle teams, the 2iC banner, and the command sword remain alive. The rockets kill two of the guns, leaving just the command team for one of the artillery batteries. Then the assault comes. The 2iC managed to kill one with his pistol in defensive fire, but... Well, even a big fancy banner isn't going to make two teams win against 14. They promptly die, and the soviets occupy the chapel. A red flag waves over the objective.
>>
File: Superior Nippon blam.png (2MB, 1651x663px) Image search: [Google]
Superior Nippon blam.png
2MB, 1651x663px
>>50160604
Deciding to finish the survivors of the platoon off for good, the weaker Shtraf company moves up and assaults with 5 teams against the survivors. Two of the rifle teams die, but the CiC joins the platoon and they counterattack. The japanese katanas kill two teams, before the soviets kill the remainder of the platoon, leaving the CiC. However, the commander is a true Samurai warrior. He cuts though one, then two stands of shtraf, katana flashing as he efortlessly slices through their infer-

*blam*

The Soviet command team is having none of that and finally just shoots the maniac with a sword, then consolidates and claims the building.
>>
File: Banzi blam.png (2MB, 1515x718px) Image search: [Google]
Banzi blam.png
2MB, 1515x718px
>>50160616
Desprate to buy time, the command team for the eastern battery charges towards the objective. The soviets are spread out such that he needs to launch an assault to have any hope of contesting. Japanese artillery and HMG fire rings out, killing 2 more stands of Shtraf, but it's too little too late. The artillery officer raises his sword, runs through a covered side passage, and yells "Banzai!" as he charges the Shtraf.

He is promtly filled full of bullets. Soviet turn 8 sees them in total control of an objective. Victory for the motherland.
>>
File: Secret Weapon.png (1MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
Secret Weapon.png
1MB, 1080x608px
>>50160416
>>50160626
For those that missed last thread, the other batrep is here: >>50085510

Any thoughts on the forces or tactics involved in either battle?
>>
File: IMG_4084.jpg (51KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4084.jpg
51KB, 500x461px
Well, now I suddenly feel like running shtraf.
>>
>>50160575
>The russian player spends forever deciding if he's going to launch an assault against the western Hohei, despite his fire wittling them down to two (pinned) HMGs, a Light Mortar team, the command team, and a single rifle team. The failure of the last assault makes him cautious about assaulting into a meager 11 shots of defensive fire, half of it at +1 to hit.
Wouldn't he have lost QoQ at this point and been driven back on 5?
>>
>>50160678
There were still over 15 soviet teams in the Shtraf, the tiny remains there were the Hohei platoon getting assaulted. I was wondering why the hell he was so nervous about assaulting into 11 shots (two from Light Mortars in the church platoon) when I needed 10 to pin him.
>>
>>50160723
Ah, the hohei were on 4 teams, not the shtraf. Gotcha.
>>
>>50159736

To prevent salami tactics, basically. They were a trip wire. Military force would have to be used to remove them, and THAT would set everything else off. Nobody was going to hand over land like what happened to Poland.
>>
>>50160484
I like be the layout of that table.
>>
>>50161093
Ah, so primarily a diplomatic use outside of war, then.
>>
>>50163770
The primary purpose of any army, yes.
>>
>>50156092
What if I wanna play USA?
>>
>>50164018

A few boxes of whatever from Plastic Soldier Company are a cheap place to start. BF also does a bunch of starter boxes which are essentially a pair of platoons and some HQ teams. There's a heap of different ones, though, depending on the army and period.

What sort of list did you have in mind? FoW tends to break them up into Infantry, Mechanised, and Armoured.
>>
>>50164018
Open Fire would only give you paratroopers, which only a few American armies can make use of.

I'm not a big fan of The PSC's American infantry (some inaccuracies...) but BF has great infantry (rifle platoons), armored infantry, and Sherman box sets. Then you could pick up a few resin special Shermans (like Jumbos) to supplement them. There will soon be an M10/M36 tank destroyer plastic box, too. Those are useful in a wide range of American lists.

The plastic Pershing box is good too but heavy(ish) tanks are tougher to use in the game because they pay a large points premium.

The resin M24 Chaffees are fun to use, though a little tricky.

For other light tanks (M3/M5), get The PSC kits.
>>
>>50164171
I wanna do mechanised USA but I also want something I can use to demo to my friends?

Should I just pickup pattons eagles and open fire and proxy the patton's eagles shermans as lent m4a3s when playing normal game?
>>
>>50164296
Yeah, get Patton's Eagles and Open Fire - it's good for the German side, and all the stuff that isn't minis is useful. But you might not use much of the Open Fire Allied stuff.
>>
>>50154315
Where'd you get those decals anon? I think I'll need some for my own tank list.
>>
Speaking of Shtraf:

Many years ago now when it was second edition and I was younger and less handsome, I went up against a Shtraf Battalion with my British Armoured.

The interesting thing being, he failed a Morale check.
That doesn't sound like much, but consider it in action
>2+ Shtraf motivation
Failed. Then into:
>2+ Shtraf Commander Re-Roll.
Failed again. Into:
>2+ Commissar Reroll
AGAIN FAILED.

So he's breaking away from an assault, and is down two teams.
>>
>>50164928
http://company-b-models-and-miniatures.myshopify.com/collections/pop-culture-decals
>>
>>50166288
>no GDI, Nod, or other C&C factions

Disappointing.
>>
File: CAM300.jpg (1MB, 1414x946px) Image search: [Google]
CAM300.jpg
1MB, 1414x946px
Malaya and Singapore 1941-1942: The Fall of Britain’s Empire in the East (Osprey Campaign 300)

For the British Empire it was a military disaster, but for Imperial Japan the conquest of Malaya was one of the pivotal campaigns of World War II. Giving birth to the myth of the Imperial Japanese Army's invincibility, the victory left both Burma and India open to invasion. Although heavily outnumbered, the Japanese Army fought fiercely to overcome the inept and shambolic defence offered by the British and Commonwealth forces. Detailed analysis of the conflict, combined with a heavy focus on the significance of the aerial campaign, help tell the fascinating story of the Japanese victory, from the initial landings in Thailand and Malaya through to the destruction of the Royal Navy's Force Z and the final fall of Singapore itself.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ycpd3gi1vuwic52/Osprey+-+CAM+300+-+Malaya+and+Singapore+1941-2.pdf
>>
File: 1444939601178.jpg (45KB, 297x269px) Image search: [Google]
1444939601178.jpg
45KB, 297x269px
>>50166288
>mfw Anzio school decals
You're a good guy, anon. I hope you have a good day tomorrow.
>>
>>50166288
Mighty tempted by the cobra decals.
>>
>>50166288
>http://company-b-models-and-miniatures.myshopify.com/collections/crews-for-afvs/products/miniatures-afv-italian-female-tank-commander-15mm

they make more than decals....
>>
File: Good old Church.png (1MB, 1357x374px) Image search: [Google]
Good old Church.png
1MB, 1357x374px
So, I've been looking into FoW for a while now. How fucked would I be wanting to run a Churchill Armored force (providing I can find the rulebook)?
>>
>>50168764
The Ruleset is bloody easy to find, and you could always get it direct from Battlefront who are pretty okay with their shipping at times. Or from the Scan Database at the top of the thread.

Midwar you're pretty good because of your high armour and okay gun.

Late war's a mixed bag. Your Armour's less amazing as is your Gun. Pros: You can get Crocodiles which are all that and a bag of chips.
>>
>>50168764
They're pretty solid, just remember to bring a troop of M10C Achilles along in case you run into heavier opposition *cough*panthers*cough*
>>
>>50168784
Just what ever lets me run IV's, V's, and VI's.

And I've only thumbed though a handful of the books at my store, but its only a few late war books.

>>50168802
I guess I couldn't run Firefly's and Churchills at the same time.
>>
>>50168811
Sadly I don't think you can run Fireflies and Churchills together in Late War.
>>
>>50168811
>Just what ever lets me run IV's, V's, and VI's.
That'd be the Late War versions then, most likely using Overlord, Road to Rome, or the one list from Nachtjager (digital). Each list has their advantages:
Overlord is your generic NW Europe Churchills, being Trained makes them cheaper than the other options and your armor is heavy enough that Trained isn't a big problem.
The Nachtjager list (attached) specifically covers the Guards Churchills as they were working with the airborne forces in Varsity and Plunder. They're basically a more elite version of the Overlord list.
Finally, the Road to Rome list covers your Italian deployments. Wider range of time in a single list, and has slightly different variants (75NAs instead of VIs, more IIIs than IVs instead of the other way around) and support options available.

>I guess I couldn't run Firefly's and Churchills at the same time.
Afraid they weren't really used together IRL. There was a brief period in Italy where they had Shermans bulking them out because of a shortage of Churchills, but those were only basic Shermans, not fireflies. Your 17pdr support is going to be of the open topped type.
>>
>>50169061
Yeah I figured, from a historical standpoint.

>>50169089
Thanks for the books. I'll see if any of those books are in the shop I'm at before ordering online.

>I guess I couldn't run Firefly's and Churchills at the same time.

Yeah, I was hoping from a ahistorical standpoint. But I don't know how historically accurate FoW is. I'll definitely be picking up the core rulebook when I go in next time.

Thanks mates.
>>
>>50169193
>But I don't know how historically accurate FoW is.

They make a solid effort. They don't always get it 100% correct, especially when information is difficult to come by, but they do their best to make things historically realistic and historically plausible.
>>
Anyone have a good comparison between PSC and BF M5 Stuarts? I've heard that the PSC kit is surprisingly large, but how accurate is it (including size)?
>>
File: 1ARMD_Leopard_AS1.jpg (1MB, 2464x1632px) Image search: [Google]
1ARMD_Leopard_AS1.jpg
1MB, 2464x1632px
Aussie TY confirmed OP. Banned at Cancon due to whinging opponents.
>>
>>50171509
Wut? Please do explain
>>
>>50171517
Peter S gave us at MOAB a copy of the upcoming Aussie list for TY. People complained that it wasn't fair to use unreleased material because then they couldn't use it. Offers were made to show all entrants the list well ahead of time, but people still bitched.

So, no Aussies allowed, but they are happy to accept East German lists when they are released a week before the event.
>>
>>50171548
Post list
>>
Australian 1st Brigade Combat Team

Leopard AS1 Armoured Squadron
2x HQ Leopard AS1 - 6
4x Leopard AS1 - 12
4x Leopard AS1 - 12
4x Leopard AS1 - 12
3x Leopard AS1 - 9
Short M113 Cavalry Troop - 4

M113 Mechanised Company
HQ - 1
Full M113 Mechanised Platoon - 6
Full M113 Mechanised Platoon - 6
Full M125 Mortar Platoon - 5
Full Anti-tank Land Rover Section - 4
Short M113 Cavalry Troop - 4

Support
4x M109 - 10
FV432 FOO - 1
Redeye SAM Section - 2
Full Tracked Rapier SAM Section - 6
>>
File: Gamagori.gif (987KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
Gamagori.gif
987KB, 500x270px
>>50171720
>Land Rover
>>
File: 19356.jpg (187KB, 640x431px) Image search: [Google]
19356.jpg
187KB, 640x431px
>>50171739
With trademark Aussie style they were called gunbuggys
>>
>>50171720
What're their ratings? Also, are the Leos in AUSCAM or are they loaners from Germany?
>>
>>50171791
West Germans with worse morale, but better courage. Australian Leopards in 1985 were olive green, but I'll do mine in AUSCAM.
>>
File: tap-bf4103.jpg (165KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tap-bf4103.jpg
165KB, 600x450px
What are some good techniques for snow weathering tanks? I've got the army painter snow for my infantry bases and it's nice looking, but I don't know how it'll look on tanks.
>>
>>50171797
what year did our boys get auscam? regardless im doing mine in baked bean suits.
>>
>>50155242
>What tanks did St. Gloriana use in the show?
Matilda II and Churchill VII in the original series. They threw in some Crusaders for the movie.
>>
File: 2016-11-09-09-35-40.png (208KB, 494x879px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-09-09-35-40.png
208KB, 494x879px
What do you guys think of my 1500 point list for early war french list? Comments suggestions improvements
>>
File: 2016-11-09-09-35-53.png (208KB, 494x879px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-09-09-35-53.png
208KB, 494x879px
>>50172346
>>
>>50172346

Looks pretty functional, although I'm seeing attacking or mobile scenarios causing you trouble.
>>
>>50172879
Yeah but the french are good at defense and my guys are going to be in trucks
>>
>>50172895
Yeah, but in say, counterattack or encounter, or if you have to attack another infantry company. French are good at defence, as infantry in general are, but they need a few tools up their sleeve to give them at least some counterattack chops. You've got tanks, so that's something, but what's going to happen if you have to attack another infantry company in say, Fighting Withdrawal?
>>
>>50171916
usually I prime them white then drybrush the original colors back onto it on corners, areas where the barrel travels from recoil, and any areas that get a lot of wear from crew climbing on it.

I also like to use a dark mud color around the bottom since my force was themed around when the snow would've started melting, but that wouldn't be appropriate for all theatres or timeframes
>>
>>50173213
Good point what do you suggest that I add or change
>>
>>50173213
It's early war so literally just drive tanks into people. Integrated AT is real bad in EW, and FA 3 is relatively tough against most AT guns.
>>
>>50175692
S-35s have FA 4
>>
>>50175722
Misread as R-35. Even better, really.
>>
>>50175823
Do you have any suggestions for my list?
>>
>>50176399
I'm just disputing the idea that tanks aren't much in the offence. In EW they absolutely are, very little can take them in assault.
>>
>>50172394
>>50172346

I am not familiar with the french but it seems like you are trying to do everything, but you don't have enough of any one thing to do it effectively.

You are a CT infantry company with only 14 (16 with the portees dismouted) total infantry stands. You are spending nearly a third of your points on 3 tanks with sturdy, but not impenetrable armor and +1 to hit when moving. Your artillery will be 2 separate platoons of 2 guns, both of which will reroll hits.

My humble opinion is to pick 2 of the 3 things and try to do them really well. I think you definately want more infantry.
>>
>>50176996
Actually, I think I missed the Quick Fire rule on the arty... so I guess that is fine?
>>
File: 2016-11-09-20-13-36.png (666KB, 494x879px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-09-20-13-36.png
666KB, 494x879px
>>50177277
French early war arty rules
>>
Decided to try and make a (mostly) historically accurate force for the future tournament points value, just for the hell of it. Portraying the 12th Devonshire right at the start of Varsity, who partnered up with misdropped troops from the 513th and with whom the only 4 Locusts that ever saw combat worked with. How fucked would I be with this list in a tourny?
>>
Were Nazis the geopolitical equivalent of 12 year olds?

>dude it's like a tank that's fucking huge and shit dude
>it blows up everything so well dude
>what the fuck is a logistics?
>>
>>50178748
Take a country that already has a hard on for over engineering everything they touch.

Now give them a misplaced sense of genetic superiority that they are the chosen race destined to rule the planet, and give them a meth head that will sign off on any stupid idea you have with unlimited funding and you'd have a bunch of retarded tank designs too.
>>
>>50178875
And yet they still had some pretty good ideas. Even if the technology wasn't quite there yet.

Hell, the Panther, especially with night vision sights, could easily be considered the grandfather of the modern Main Battle Tank.
>>
>>50179014
I really don't get the difference between the concept of a mbt and the wwII tanks.
Could anyone sum it up for me?
>>
>>50179061
Tanks in WWII were, by most nations, split into three groups: Light, Medium, and Heavy. You wanted Light tanks for recon, light infantry support, and fast reactions. You wanted Medium tanks as the bulk of your force, decently armed, armored, and with ok speed but lacking compared to the Lights and Heavies at their specialties. Heavies didn't give a shit about movement, instead just having a bunch of armor and a big ass gun. Each was intended to do a different job, so each was designed for different requirements and was poor outside of its niche. The Brits went a bit differently, and had Infantry (slow, heavily armored, intended to support infantry forces) and Cruiser (Fast, light to moderate armor, intended to rapidly sally out and engage enemy armor) tanks. The Cruiser line eventually developed into the Centurion, one of the first MBTs (or THE First, depending on who you ask), as they realized that they could just make a better engine and so have all three parts of the Speed-Armor-Firepower triangle.

The modern MBT concept is basically saying "Wait, why the fuck do we need Light and Heavy tanks? We can make Mediums that do 95% of what those do, mass produce them, and get better performance outside of their limited niches." A MBT is designed to do, and can do, every job you want a tank doing. Some of this was thanks to advances in tech, but most was realizing that they didn't need that level of over-specialization.
>>
File: good shit.png (386KB, 578x790px) Image search: [Google]
good shit.png
386KB, 578x790px
>>50179138
Good show anon.
I prefer the term Calvary tank over cruiser.
Because I've always seen it as preforming the harassment jobs of light Calvary.
That is to say a damn large amount of work between running down opponent charging vulnerable eras and shit
>>
>>50179138
Thanks, I get it now!
>>
>>50179061
>>50179138
To a large extent it was driven by engine technology in the air war. For example, the Cromwell was so mobile because it received a variant of the Merlin engine (renamed Meteor) that doubled the power of a Crusader.

Not long into the Cold War, especially once composite armor removed weight, you could build a tank with minimal compromises: decent speed, good armor all around (traditionally, only heavy tanks had good side armor), and a powerful gun.
>>
Help me /fowg/. I'm thinking of doing something utterly stupid.
>>
>>50179138
MBTs did have improved armour protection compared to medium tanks but you also need to take into account the advanced post-war tank ammunition and air power that made heavily armoured heavy tanks impractical.
>>
File: IMG_4048.png (71KB, 554x201px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4048.png
71KB, 554x201px
>>50180034
Well it's 2016.
Go for it.
>>
>>50180034
Wake me up when you're doing something smart
>>
>>50180093
Hero IS-2 Regiment it is, then.
>>
File: cherisre oh shit.jpg (113KB, 767x767px) Image search: [Google]
cherisre oh shit.jpg
113KB, 767x767px
>>50180107
OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
>>
>>50180119
I told you. Something stupid.
>>
>>50180107
>>50180132
>Brits cut themselves off from Europe
>Americans elect the talking orange
>This is still the most full retard thing I've read today

Congrats anon, I was worried there for a second
>>
>>50180175
take your politics to >>>/reddit/
>>
File: WTF.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
WTF.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50180132
Here we go. 6 expensive as all fuck, not quite as good as they should be, heavy tanks. And 13 FV armored engineers. (oh, and a sturmovik)
>>
File: IMG_4094.jpg (106KB, 564x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4094.jpg
106KB, 564x802px
>>50180249
I....am of doubts of this, comrade.
>>
Well then, to try to get a discussion going. Assume you're dead set on fielding IS-2s for some reason. What's the best way of doing it? What list allows you to field at least 2 Hero or 3 non-Hero without giving your opponent too much of an advantage?
>>
>>50179638
Yeah, WWII tanks are as they are because it's not practical to make your tank good at everything. Mediums are reliable, relatively well gunned and armoured, and plentiful. Light tanks are fast and reliable. Heavy tanks are powerfully armed and armoured but intensive to make and unreliable. The engine determines that you have to compromise like this.

Postwar everything has like 500hp minimum and composite armour means you can get high effective thickness without sacrificing speed, armament and reliability. Note that tanks in the cold war pre-composite were usually still compromise beasts: the chieftain is well armoured but slow and unreliable, the leopard and AMX are fast but fragile, etc.
>>
File: 1474454849463.jpg (52KB, 1000x584px) Image search: [Google]
1474454849463.jpg
52KB, 1000x584px
>>50181494
I'd say, not fielding them as Hero. And using them as back up to something else. The major key issue with the IS-2 in Flames of War as it stands is that they're neither fish nor fowl.

10(11)/8/2 Slow Tank, Co-Ax MG, Turret Rear MG.

>AT 15:
Basically acceptable for killing anything that moves and a few things that don't.
>RoF: 1
And here's the killer. No ability to move and fire.

I mean, you spend so many points and you get so very little. IS-85s are better gun tanks and if you really need some AT-15 in your life, there's ISU-122s which get Volley Fire at the very least. In terms of assault tanks, Matildas are much better in that role because they're more numerous, for breakthrough guns, SU-122s are infinitely better, or Flamethrowers, which you can get in the form of KV-8s which at least comes with a 45mm gun and a Hull MG for your troubles.

Really IS-2s are summed up best as Jack of all Trades, master of none. Although two IS-2s with SMG Tank Escorts is pretty okay as a assault element in a force with other stuff. Really Battlefront needs to give the obr 1944 Rate of Fire One all the time or cut their price, a bit.
>>
>>50180249
Anon you're gonna live a world of pain and disappointment
>>
>>50180175
>implying tge old hag would've been any better
I'm a democrat, i voted Trump and i regret nothing. He's the lesser evil and i didn't wan't to die in a nuclear fire.
>>
>>50181634
I am contemplating running a pair of IS-2 '44s as an extra argument in a hero engineer sapper list (a moderate shit-ton of angry veteran pioneers ought to keep most things a bit honest). For when I'm feeling less retarded. Bad, good or redo from start?

>>50181672
Yes? And it's not disappointment if anything you manage to hit is a welcome surprise.
>>
>>50181750
That wouldn't be horrible, but I would just as soon bring 2 ISUs and spend the extra points on more infantry to assault. You lose a lot of armor, but you gain volley fire and you can soften up enemy positions and let your FV sappers with smoke pots and armor do the assaulting.
>>
My copy of Stalin's Favorite Volume 2 has arrived after a month in hell, and just by skimming it this appears to be hands down the best fucking book on Soviet tank warfare I have seen in the English language. The writing is much less dry than volume 1, simply because there appears to be 10+ times as many veterans from this period he was able to interview. Nebolsin and his translator have done a better job at making me read their book cover to cover. Also, the last chapter has a lessons learned from WW2 section. Here are some main points:
>one tank corps had the highest praise for the SU-100 as "not a single spotted enemy gun in the buildings and ruins fired again at Soviet troops and vehicles after the first round from an SU-100" and describes an occasion when one demolished an obnoxious 5-story building by shooting three rounds into it
>IS-2s are not infantry support tanks and are best used by trolling the enemy from ranges of up to 2,000 meters, not for urban combat either
>the replacement for the T-34 should have thicker turret and front hull armor, and other solutions should be found (like better quality armor) would be needed to keep weight down
>the tank should be shorter to be sneaky and lighter (positive reference to how the IS-3 looks here)
>the existing system of ammo storage was just too dangerous
>85mm is fine, but the shells need to be updated
>tanks wears out too fast (positive reference to the Sherman here)
>>
I got Rommels wolves yesterday, but holy shit are panthers expensive in the game.

I will need to buy some stugs and panzers and some artillery.
>>
Who makes better tanks, Battlefront or PSC?
>>
>>50183069
Depends, but I personally think that BF plastics are better as a rule of thumb (though that is in part due to my very rough painting).
>>
Does PSC do Easy Eights?
>>
>>50183320
Alas, no.
>>
>>50180175
>>Brits cut themselves off from Europe
>retarded
Nah man europe is a flaming wreck, I'm happy for the brits
They get to keep their dollar
they don't have to taken refugees,
they don't have to be a part of a central army
they can take trade deals on their own
they are not subject laws and regulations of the continent
No merkel
freedom
no slave caste in the lower population
Sounds good to me
spoiler]return the empire when? fuck tredaeu i want the queen[/spoiler]
>>50181672
true Russian experience right there
[
>>
File: IMG_0553.jpg (209KB, 1980x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0553.jpg
209KB, 1980x1080px
>>50180175
I needed that laugh.

To be honest I am both surprised and completely unsurprised at the results of the election. But enough /pol/ shit. I'm getting more than my fill of politics on my Facebook feed right now.

Any way... Running Hero IS-2 is still the stupidest thing I've seen lately.

Don't do it ISretard. You'll only be proving that you IS a retard.
>>
>>50171790

Cool, I'll assume they'll make a version in the box for the British as well?
>>
File: 1476192838520.jpg (40KB, 281x277px) Image search: [Google]
1476192838520.jpg
40KB, 281x277px
>>50153385

http://www.wwpd.net/2012/01/list-dissection-panzer-lehr.html

Is this list any good for a beginner to aim towards?

I've just finished building my 'Open Fire' Germans and I definitely want to go down the Panzergrenadier route.

I might switch some Panzer H's for Panthers though?
>>
File: lehr.png (47KB, 984x621px) Image search: [Google]
lehr.png
47KB, 984x621px
>>50183880

I probably should have just posted this for convenience.
>>
>>50183911
Keep in mind panthers are 560 for 3. The list looks bretty gud as is, even number of platoons is good so you want to avoid dropping one.
>>
>>50160484
It's a shame they're not painted, but I love seeing that giant morass of men.
>>
>>50183911
Main fault is that it's an old list, there's a newer book for Normandy (Atlantik Wall), with a few re-arrangements and adjustments of points (the main thing being that Pumas are now in patrols of 2, not 3)
>>
>>50182878
Great to hear about a decent Soviet reference. I should look for this one.
>>
>>50183053
That's why we keep recommending against that box.

StuGs or Panzers are important; probably don't need both. Nebelwerfers are popular for laying down smoke. Recon is essential.
>>
>>50183395
And all it cost was the likely introduction of significant economic tariffs, having to obey the same laws if they want to trade with their main trade partner, and not having easy access to cheap labour.
>>
>>50184512
None of those boxes, either the possible exception of Patton's Eagles, are a good starter set.

They give you far too much of certain high points value, but sub-par units jus because the kits are in plastic.
>>
>>50184844
*with the possible exception

Not sure what just happened with my autocorrect...
>>
Hey Eagles, what's the progress on the new Episode of Panzerfunk?
>>
>>50184880
Slow, but progressing. Probably 60-65% complete.

I've been neck-deep in preparations for a local Doctor Who convention in on staff for. So that's been eating up a lot of my focus.

Also, I spent all of Tuesday night watching the Election results, instead of trying to get more work done on Panzerfunk.
>>
>>50184844
We should make a paste bin with details about the boxes and with suggestions on how to start instead. I made a post a couple threads back going into some detail I'm not sure if that's lost to the sands of time though.
>>
Best book if I want to do Soviet tonks?
>>
File: tumblr_m6luelwPEA1r6cij9o1_400.jpg (27KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6luelwPEA1r6cij9o1_400.jpg
27KB, 350x500px
>>50178748
Yes.

The Nazis lacked any sense of reality when it came to political theory' (of which they had none) and when it came to actual armed conflict, pinned their hopes on a mix of concepts based on the romanticised military experiences of a WW1 Runner and his Prussian flunkies.

Add in the Furherprinzip (literally an Argument from Authority) and you just can't say no to even the most retarded of ideas.
>>
>>50184737
>having to obey the same laws if they want to trade with their main trade partner
didn't they already have to do that?
not a big deal either
>not having easy access to cheap labour.
it's democracy you live by the poor die by the poor and north england is what swung the referendum if i am not mistaken so as much good as that Romanian workforce did for them and the artificial collapse of their fishing industry it pissed off the prolls.
Never piss of the prolls.
Anyway it's fucking funny to me.
people from places without a job fucking flee to the places where there are jobs and then everything gets fucked for the natives and with the amount of "sryans" they are bringing you are going to find those jobs in short supply.
>economic tariffs
Honestly that's going be rough in the short term, if they can get more trading partners they might be better off.
England isn't the sick man of Europe lad, remember they've still a significant contributor and by god i'd rather have to be a bit tighter strapped then be stuck under Junker's fucking delusions of imperuim just so rich faggots can leave my country settle in spain and travel Europe before it goes to shit without much trouble.
>>
File: 1477159586586.png (140KB, 1077x964px) Image search: [Google]
1477159586586.png
140KB, 1077x964px
>>50185702
>>50185653
>>
>>50185742
>bait
what?
>>
>>50185702
>didn't they already have to do that?
Yeah, but now they're on the outside as far as actually passing and forming the laws is concerned. All of the responsibility, none of the power.
>cheap labour
They'd be the first to complain about the CPI increasing because there's not enough labour, not enough tradies, and not enough immigrants to do the nasty work on the cheap. Northern England was never going to do any better, they're fucked because of the manufacturing jobs that have gone to the 3rd world, not the EU.
>in the short term
More in the long term. Britain's a less enticing placing to set up shop, and to tailor goods for.
>not a sick man
Sure, but this isn't making them any healthier. It was done over a refugee scare and years of general kvetching about economic worries and blaming them on the EU as a scapegoat.
>>
Guys. Kindly fuck with the /pol/ to /pol/. Let's keep this about plastic and metal WW2 (and althistory WW3 as protrayed by Team Yankee) (and I guess we could leave a spot open for Great War, AIW and Vietnam, if anyone would be tempted to discuss those as they are on the tabletop).
>>
>>50185522
for Which period? LW for me it's still Red Bear - it has very diverse choices. EW it's definitely Barbarossa with Digital Lists... for MW you have only one book, so it's a no brainer...
>>
File: first list.png (287KB, 980x613px) Image search: [Google]
first list.png
287KB, 980x613px
Yo anons, i'm still getting my sea legs I was wondering what you think of my list and how i could operate with this.
I'm taking the base late war PSC box and adding howitzers for smoke.

>>50185886
>Kindly fuck with the /pol/ to /pol/

1. it's not /pol/
2. and let another person get the last word nah but i will spoill it so as to offend less

>>50185851
>Yeah, but now they're on the outside as far as actually passing and forming the laws is concerned. All of the responsibility, none of the power.

Britian has been on the loosing side for most of those arrangements, and now they can begin trade with other states on their own terms

>>cheap labour
> Northern England was never going to do any better, they're fucked because of the manufacturing jobs that have gone to the 3rd world, not the EU.
fair point but when you cannot get those manufacturing jobs you are sure as hell not going to be happy with people some of the few jobs left. assuming north england isn't entirely discouraged workers
>More in the long term. Britain's a less enticing placing to set up shop, and to tailor goods for.
I'm looking at the long term as generations, up until global warming kills us. or nuclear warfare or what have you

> It was done over a refugee scare and years of general kvetching about economic worries and blaming them on the EU as a scapegoat.
I know a number that chose to vote against eu membership because of the increasing authoratian sentiment, their issues with the treatment of greece and the like.
No one doubts that the english have been in a bad position since their empire fell apart, regardless this might be their best hope.
Worst comes to worse i don't get my empire back
>>
>>50182878
Noice, I'll have to look that book up. Always nice to get more soviet info
>>
Playing an 80 point game of team yankee against Soviets tomorrow. Interested to see if the lower point total will result in more space for maneuver.

My Typical 100 Point List:

Panzeraufklarungs Company

1 HQ Leopard 1- 3 pts.
3 Leopard 1- 9 pts
2 Leopard 1- 6 pts
4 x 2 Luchs - 4 pts.
2 x 3 Fuchs w/ Panzergrenadier Zugs (1 Milan, 3 mgs) - 8 pts
4 Gepards -10 pts
4 Redeye Teams - 4 pts
3 Leopard 2s - 33 pts
2 x 2 PAH AT Heli- 16 pts
4 LARS w/ minelets - 7 pts

The two easiest ways to trim down the force from 100 to 80 seem to be:

1) drop 1 Leo 2, 1 PAH Flight, and minelets on the LARS

or

2) Drop both PAH flights and the Fliegerfausts.

My list has enough light units that I could really threaten his AA. Keeping one PAH would allow me to press that advantage.

But the Leopard 2s really perform really well. Last time I played Soviets with this list I only lost 1 Leo 2 to a Frogfoot that slipped past my AA.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>50167740

Don't get me started on the fall of Singapore, lot of myths around that.
>>
>>50185037
That's certainly a good idea.

We used to have something like that for the Open Fire set, but that's gotten lost to the sands of time.
>>
File: these colors don't run.jpg (458KB, 728x485px) Image search: [Google]
these colors don't run.jpg
458KB, 728x485px
>>50186380
>>
>>50184844
>>50184512

I don't think the box is all that crummy. You get panzergrenadiers, and there are viable lists that can let you field Panthers at lower training and motivation in the Bulge compilation and Desperate Measures.

The British and Soviet boxes are the real stinkers. Maybe I feel better because I bought The Rommel (RIP) box at 25% off at my FLGS.
>>
yea that's the gist of it.
give us a bit and we'll have the thing written up
>>
>>50190871

we tried

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JWmbvVANUraO9ILWJZduRgiI9w4ZC3ytNUQE8rK7Xrw/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>50191338
Probably should add something to the effect of how to upgrade from the Open Fire lists. Then it'd be pretty useful.
>>
>>50191478
go for it
>>
File: IMG_1713.png (257KB, 690x582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1713.png
257KB, 690x582px
Yesssss
>>
Just put together a bag of old glory's sd.kfz 222's. God, the turret molds alone make me want to just buy from Battlefront.
>>
>>50191781
ZVEZDA
V
E
Z
D
A
>>
>>50185522
Well both Red Bear and Desperate Measures have viable lists, just stay away from the hero trap.
>>
File: dong.jpg (14KB, 250x336px) Image search: [Google]
dong.jpg
14KB, 250x336px
>>50191769
>zimmermit tiger in plastic
>>
File: 9964974145_ccffef1653_b.jpg (499KB, 1024x755px) Image search: [Google]
9964974145_ccffef1653_b.jpg
499KB, 1024x755px
Does anyone have the berlin digital only lists in pdf?
>>
File: IMG_4287.jpg (89KB, 1440x1173px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4287.jpg
89KB, 1440x1173px
>>50193123
Have you checked the op link?
>>
File: 1475081332917.jpg (88KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
1475081332917.jpg
88KB, 660x495px
>>50193150
Oh i didn't notice FoW Digital folder
>>
>>50191338
>A Salty Discourse on how only Americans get Nice Things

Virus, is that you?
>>
>>50191338
>>50194053
But yeah, I can't really disagree with anything currently in that document, although it can certainly use some expansion.

Maybe a recommendation lists from the new Bulge sets for Americans and Germans.

Reluctant Trained Panthers, while hardly exciting, will cut down on their points cost significantly.

And with the the exception of the Pershings, the tank lists and armored rifle from Bulge are probably equally as good, if not better than, the lists from Remagen.

And yes, how to expand from Open Fire is probably useful as well.
>>
>>50194053
Nope, brit section was written by me, the guy behind that "Applique Armour" britfix thing that I post from time to time, while the rest (and the initiative to start it) was written by a friend of mine.

I think it's still open for editing, so anyone knowledgeable is free to add to it.
>>
US Rangers or US Paratroopers?
>>
>>50185886
I propose we now formally refer to Team Yankee as Althistory WW3 as protrayed by Team Yankee.
>>
>>50196567
Both are good elite US infantry forces that appear in multiple books.

The real deciding factor is what support options you want.

That, and who you think has bigger cojones.
>>
>>50194053
I promise you, I did not write that. I already had my whinge on Panzerfunk, and the key issue is that all of the plastics, only really the Americans have a good spread. Well except for the Russians who have plastic artillery.
>>
>>50198704
I know, I was just teasing.

That whole line does sound exactly like something you would say though.
>>
>>50184512
I bought Rommel's Wolves along with a platoon of stugs and platoon of panzers.

Rommel's Wolves is alright but it needs to be added to with cheaper tanks.
>>
>>50199167
I'm not sure it's even alright. 10 Panthers/Jagdpanthers is crazy.

Speaking of which, what does it actually come with? The Panther and Jagdpanther are on a shared sprue... does it come with 10, and you can build them in any combination?
>>
>>50199567
The Panther sprues make both Panther Gs and Jagdpanthers. If you have some metal and some magnets, then you can make the top hulls interchangeable.
>>
>>50186648
I ended up dropping my LARS, Fliegerfausts, one PAH, and downsizing a Fuchs team.

Was defending in counterattack.

My Leo 2s blew up 3 T-72s the first turn before being shredded by Frogfoots. My opponent got his strike craft in 4 out of 5 turns. Gepards weren't enough to cover the entire board.

My 4 groups of Luchs ended up shooting the shit out of my opponents infantry, also netting 2 hinds shot down with defensive AA, and a few BMP kills.

I won't ever run a list without redeye teams again though. They work so well with all the recon deployment. You can plop them on the middle of the board turn one and dig them in. It really would have won me the round.
>>
>>50199567
You get a sprue that makes both (as in it has all the parts to make both) and you can easily magnetize them to have both options.

Granted they don't go out of the way to make them easily magnetized, but I found it took relatively little effort to pull off. If you ever have a hard time figuring it out ask here and I'll post a couple I did to show how its done.
>>
>>50199647
Interesting. Just in the process of starting up germans so I'll take your advice to heart about red eyes.
I'm going to start out with mostly leo2s though, I really thought I'd manage aa with only gepards.
>>
>>50199595
>>50199727
Then I wonder why they say that the box comes with 6 or 7 Panthers and 3 Jagdpanthers. But thanks, I just wanted to make sure they didn't leave anything out to make it impossible to do a different combination of the two.
>>
>>50199824
it's probably just a recommendation on how they want you to build it.
>>
>>50199731
The issue with the Gepards is that they have a 32" range. The Frogfoot has a 28 inch range with their Kh-25 guided missile. That means you essentially have to stay within 4" of what you want to protect with AA. I could have played my gepards farther up the board, but then they would be targets for the tanks and BMPS. Redeye teams can be dug in or placed in a building (even if that gives them +1 to hit it's not a big deal when facing soviets) and left there.
>>
What does it mean that MW is going to be redone in the style of Alternate History WW3 as protrayed by Team Yankee? I get that the points will be different (and will have a hard time portraying small differences), but what does it mean for the rest of the game rules?
>>
>>50201447
The rules will be updated to V4. Probably taking the best elements from Team Yankee's rule set and upgrading what didn't work in vanilla FoW. There's not a lot of information thus far, there's basically one interview by Sumiovich and that's it.
>>
>>50201447
Someone actually made a good point on the forum: how the fuck will a MW panzer platoon work? There's like 6 different varieties you can lump into one platoon and their points costs are all slightly different but not enough to show up in a 100 point format. How do you account for the fact that some varieties are just better, but only a little bit?
>>
>>50201588
Yeah 100 points is too low. You could divide the points scale by 5 trivially, make it a 300 point game, and it'd be identical. I don't know why they went with 100.
>>
>>50202177
Literally because X-Wing did it.
>>
>>50202191
Pretty much.

But for what it's worth, Armada is 400 points.
>>
>>50199567
You can make any combination of Panthers/Jagdpanthers, you get enough sprues to make 10 tanks. You also get a panzergrenadier platoon. Not bad for 90ish dollar(at least at my store). You just have to add stugs and some nebelwerfers, maybe panzers if you want to go armor, or just more infantry.
>>
File: 1310855-jagdpanthergcw_10.jpg (84KB, 700x431px) Image search: [Google]
1310855-jagdpanthergcw_10.jpg
84KB, 700x431px
>>50202421
awesome.

just plain awesome.
>>
do you guys still plan to update the beginners guide at the top of tge thread. seems a little outdated especially the italians (although maybe wait until v4) and romanians.

i'd be happy to add to italians. romanians too if nobody wants. Greek lists if the digital lists are available.

yes im a sucker for punishment in my army choices.
>>
File: OW 50.png (2MB, 1418x950px) Image search: [Google]
OW 50.png
2MB, 1418x950px
The Mosin-Nagant Rifle (Osprey Weapon 50)

The Mosin-Nagant is the world's longest-surviving and most widely distributed military rifle, having armed the forces of Russia and many other countries for more than five decades. It has seen action from World War I to the present day, but is most famous for its role during World War II when it proved to be an excellent sniping weapon in the hands of marksmen such as Vasily Zaitsev and Simo Häyhä. This study covers the rifle's entire combat history, from its early development through to its service in combat and the impact it has had on modern firearms. Dramatic battle reports and specially commissioned artwork complement the meticulously researched examination of the Mosin-Nagant provided by author Bill Harriman as he delves into the history of one of the most iconic rifles of World War II.

https://mega.nz/#!H883DKqJ!FrfxelI_F2Dj4VClZ8pH_fUswU2Z484L8bRNVvhhcFg
>>
>>50201588

Pretty easily. You just don't granulise the composition quite as much. You spend a point to upgrade up to 3 tanks from X to Y.
>>
File: 1461042875510.jpg (961KB, 2830x1820px) Image search: [Google]
1461042875510.jpg
961KB, 2830x1820px
>>
File: eastgerbmp.jpg (64KB, 960x674px) Image search: [Google]
eastgerbmp.jpg
64KB, 960x674px
ded
>>
>>50208081
It's always weird seeing how tiny those things are.
>>
>>50209809
they will fit 9 men, however...
>>
>>50209917
>fit 9 men

Is the NATO identification for that thing "Sardine Can"?
>>
File: BMP-1_firing_arcs.jpg (129KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
BMP-1_firing_arcs.jpg
129KB, 800x535px
>>50209958
I guess number 9 sits in the middle?
>>
>>50209958
No, NATO codes for the BMPs were just IFV M(Year).
>>
File: IMG_0559.jpg (90KB, 854x469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0559.jpg
90KB, 854x469px
>>50211361
>A comment or story intended to be humorous.

What is a joke?
>>
File: IMG_3918.jpg (45KB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3918.jpg
45KB, 491x750px
>>50212193
He is rusing you and you both need to work on your material.
>>
Doing a 3v3 game tomorrow morning, each of us with 1500 points. Doing a Continuation War scenario with Grey Wolf/Red Bear. Hoping my finnfags do well. If I can, I'll post the battle tomorrow.
>>
>>50212849
Good luck brave kurwa
>>
They ever going to make dice again?

Dont even need the tins but dice with division logo as 6 would be nice.

Expanded to Germany to try axis out and would like some dice.
>>
>>50213032
>finnfags
>Polish AK

bro...
>>
File: 0_89b5d_e5cfd935_xl.jpg (112KB, 665x683px) Image search: [Google]
0_89b5d_e5cfd935_xl.jpg
112KB, 665x683px
>>50205875
Thanks, anon!
>>
>>50214029
Whoops
>>
>>50213361
Dice of War has some nice stuff, but if you aren't in oceanea shipping may be expensive.
>>
>>50214623

I have seen it.
I sent them a message asking if they would combine shipping, otherwise it would be too expensive because I am in the US.
>>
File: 16638478132_c6064937dd_k.jpg (903KB, 2048x1342px) Image search: [Google]
16638478132_c6064937dd_k.jpg
903KB, 2048x1342px
>Enjoying pictures of everyone's tiny panzers (not mine)
>Get the urge again
>Remember I live in Montana

At best I spend hundreds of dollars just to have my own pretty panzers to look at.
>>
>>
>>50216489
Where in Montana do you live? Is there a lgs nearby? I live in rural Minnesota but Fargo is 35 minutes away so I can get a game in.
>>
File: th.jpg (10KB, 300x179px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
10KB, 300x179px
Someone on the BF forums pointed out GI joe planes/tanks are just US stuff from the 70s/80s.

Who will join me in the fight for blue lasers?
>>
File: Fred vincent.jpg (40KB, 232x272px) Image search: [Google]
Fred vincent.jpg
40KB, 232x272px
>>50191769
It's time to Tiger it up.
>>
File: IMG_0563.jpg (149KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0563.jpg
149KB, 600x576px
>>50220284
There is someone on one of the Facebook pages that just recently posted pictures of an army of T-72s painted in Cobra dark blue.
>>
>>50220284
I got you family, Imma paint my cobra heli in classic cobra colors.
>>
File: IMG_0564.jpg (190KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0564.jpg
190KB, 960x720px
>>50222205
Found it!

(not mine)
>>
File: IMG_4113.jpg (115KB, 892x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4113.jpg
115KB, 892x527px
>>50222268
Beautiful
>>
As a totally new player to FoW (i have not yet played my first game) I have been building an army up over time and today i added it all up to see what sort of size it would be! Including everything i have bought so far and all possible options it comes to a little under 4000 points from the Atlantik Wall book (Panzer Lehr Panzergrenadiers) Is this too much for every day 1v1 games? I have only previously played GW games so have no real knowledge of game sizes.
>>
>>50222588
I would say 1,5k is normal, 2k is a big normal, 3k is a large game played over a day and 4k is a weekend game.
Being new also makes the game take a bit longer.
I'd advice you to start at 1420pts or whatever the 2017 US LW tournament point limit is.
>>
>>50222588
That is, most likely, way more than you need (though not necessarily all that you need). Most LW games are 1750 points around here, though they might vary between 1500 and 2000.
>>
>>50222667
>>50222667
So i am plenty prepared for any situation then thanks guys.
>>
>>50222268
Those are good, just a shame Cobra tanks weren't knockoff soviet stuff like the joes were knockoff US.
>>
>>50222588
Only ever needed 4000 points for campaigns.
>>
>>50222588

90% of games tend to take place at 1500 to 1750 points.

So you definitely have enough but I wouldn't say that's an obscene amount of models or anything, you're going to have overspill if you want options in your lists.
>>
>>50219947

Eastern. I think there's one "LGS"/comicbook store combo, they mostly play magic and 40k if anything.
>>
Anyone got any workarounds for the Hind being comically huge yet?
>>
>>50224977
Take thr rotors off. That's all I got.
>>
>>50224977
They really, really should've been 1/144.
>>
>>50225691
That or they should increase the command distance to something greater than the rotor diameter.
>>
File: 20161113_111301.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_111301.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>>50212849 here. Just got home from the Continuation War scenario. Posting a battle report - first and foremost, sorry for the unpainted models. College eats my time. Unfortunately, one of the Axis players could not show today because his mother said so. No idea.

So, we have three soviet players with 1500 each opposing a German and Finnish (yay!) player at 2250. Pictured is deployment, and the Axis are defending. As this was in the plains of Russia, that pesky cliff face on the right isn't a cliff but area terrain. That'll be important later. The objectives of the match are the downed plane on the right, and the Team Yankee marker near the middle.
>>
File: 20161113_113220.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_113220.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>50226371
Turn one goes as most would expect - Russians push forward as fast they can, and hug terrain as much as they possibly can. The finn's artillery get pinned on left flank due to the rocket artillery from the russians, but quickly unpin themselves when given the chance.

Pictured is one slav's response to german artillery. He lost a Panzer 4, T-34, and two Stuarts in the bombardment. My plane fails to arrive. Finnish guns hold fire as to not expose themselves from bunker busting shots from the Russians.
>>
>>50226371
>could not show today because his mother said so

Get out. This board is for adults and manchildren.
>>
>>50226371
I see a lot of allied tanks, where are the axis tanks?
>>
File: 20161113_120746.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_120746.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>>50226485
oh god sorry about the angle of the picture. I'll make sure they're not cockeyed in the future.

Finnish mortars continue to lay smoke down on the right side of the board, keeping various slav tanks from hosing down the pak 40's on top of the !notCliff on the right. Paks still hold their fire, to keep themselves hidden. The Axis' plane arrives and hits a platoon of T-34s at the middle of the board, killing two in the process. The platoon fails its check and run off the board.

Russian tanks have been skirting forward as fast they can, and the 'appropriated' panzers are within range of the paks on the !notHill. They assault the emplacements, as they had been hit with rocket arty earlier.

They underestimated the power of Toivo 'fuck your tanks' Ilomaki and are destroyed as they approach.

Axis artillery claims another T-34 and a nearby churchill. By this point, the Russian forces are past the halfway point of the board, and show no signs of stopping.
>>
File: rapeknight.png (50KB, 680x154px) Image search: [Google]
rapeknight.png
50KB, 680x154px
>>50226983
>Russian
> show no signs of stopping.
>>
File: 20161113_121553.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_121553.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>>50226495
He's the only 'kid' in the group, and is homeschooled. It happens.

>>50226535
Interesting question. The mission rolled for put half the defender's squads in reserve, with one platoon in ambush. What the Axis have is unfortunately about half their collective points. My partner held a platoon of five Panthers in ambush, and deployed them on the right side of the !notCliff. They would mercilessly murder about a dozen bolshevik tanks throughout the remainder of the game.

Off the table are 5x Panzer III N's, a full squad of SMG recce infantry, a Konigstiger, three Stugs with tank riders and three (Finnish) T-34s.

The tanks keep coming, even after losing about 10 or so. Turn three reserves produce nothing, and the plane that arrived came with a single flight. Ruh roh. Losses at this point have been light for the Axis, with the Jaakari platoon on the left losing a few stands. The assault, pictured here, will kill two stands before the Fins pull back. Combined artillery will wipe the grey squad of T-34s.

The paks open up and do fuckall, either missing or failing to penetrate the soviet assault tanks in front. Toivo's luck runs out, and combined fire cleans him off the !notCliff. The rocket arty in back completely fails to range in.

At this point, we're buying time for precious reinforcements with all those pretty tanks we need.
>>
File: 20161113_130706.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_130706.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>50227292
The tanks keep coming. Side shots on the Panthers take out a single tank, instantly recouping their points cost. Artillery fails to range in again, and the middle objective is in jeopardy. Assault tanks engage in close combat with the remaining pak squad and take a single loss, killing them in the first turn.

It is now the job of the finnish light infantry to take back the objective or die trying. In the field to the left of the objective sit 5 more T-34s in wait, firmly within 8 inches of the assault tanks.

Axis reinforcements finally arrive. T-34s, Stugs, the Konigtiger and Panzer 3 unit (with the commander, in another Panther) arrive on scene, on the left flank. Stugs deploy on the right to lift pressure off the panthers, killing a unit of T-34s. In the lewdest display of hot hot T-34 on T-34 action on the eastern front to date, two slav tanks are bailed and the king tiger...misses.

Axis artillery ranges in on the churchills taking cover in the picture, killing two and forcing the remainder off the field. Panther guns silence the SU-85s nearby, but it is sadly too late.

Finnish troops assault the only gun they can, taking nine hits and 3 casualties in the process. The idea was to hit the tank, consolidating onto the objective so the relief forces can push into soft, buttery side armor.

Except they died, and were pinned enough to halt the assault. The slavs have an objective, and therefore the game.
>>
File: 20161113_134518.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_134518.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>50227452
Pardon the shitty quality of this picture. This was the board state at the end of the game. I personally had 605 points worth of stuff that just never made it onto the board. An additional 685 points literally drove onto the board once and fired once before the game ended. Roughly half my shit didn't amount to much, and there was enough damage done to the soviets to make them pause; two squads of T-34s remained with the assault guns that lead the charge. There were a lot of slav infantry, but by the time they were relevant the game was essentially over.

We needed more 'stuff' overall - if the third player had showed, the reserves would not have been as much a factor as they were. In addition, I personally felt that deploying the Panthers on the right - with no real means of defending the left objective without going through the enemy army, we were further slowed down. Sure, they annihilated everything they touched, but when you're firing on Stuarts and Churchills there's not much else to say.
>>
>>50224977

Buy a jet flight stand so it's further off the ground, it will make it look better.
>>
>>50227744
Might as well get Zvezda's hind while you're at it.
>>
File: 20161113_142237.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_142237.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Guys help what are these
>>
>>50219947
Live near Fergus Falls? I used to live by there and Little Big Wars was a great store for gaming a couple of years ago. Is it still around?
>>
>>50228699
wow you got it.
I live north of Fergus Falls. Little Big Wars is still around. They bought a old gas station which is much larger then the old place in west fargo.
>>
>>50228988
Is it still the retirement home of Minnesota? When I was there there was pretty much nothing in Fergus Falls aside from the state liquor store and some hipster club that I hung around because they had a shit ton of free beer. Well, that and the asylum everybody was trying to save.

Good to know Little Big Wars is still around. When I was there they had an office above some machine shop and while small, still had a ton of gaming space. Owner was awesome too.
>>
>>50228661
hitler youth athletics badge I think
>>
Do most people paint their tanks with an airbrush?
>>
>>50230315
I doubt it.
>>
>>50230315
Only people serious about painting would be. The brush itself is a pretty penny, never mind a decent compressor.
>>
Anyone happen to have a full pdf of the new Iron Maiden book? The one in the archive is rules-only.
>>
>>50193123
Bit shit this doesn't have a gunshield
>>
>>50230770
Eh, a brush is only 20-50 quid, compressors are the real bitch.
>>
Hey guys I picked up my first resin tanks, it feels like the turret is glued in already? Or is it just really wedged in there?
>>
>>50232512
What tank? The team yankee kits may stick together a bit but you should be able to pop the turret out with a little twisting. For battlefronts blistered ww2 tanks, they typically hot glue the turret to the hull, so you can also twist it off.
>>
>>50232671
Yeah it's a resin M14. I'll twist it off then. Why'd they do that, just to keep it steady in the blister?
>>
>>50232741
Yep, just to keep it from shaking around and getting damaged during transport.
>>
>>50230770

Really? I can't imagine how else you would paint German camo.
>>
>>50233349
There were also hard-edged variations since the camo patterns were applied in the field and some units simply used brushes or even rags if the proper equipment wasn't available.

Alternately, there are some techniques to paint camo that looks soft-edged with a brush.
>>
>>50175692
> FA3 is tough
>what is Barbarossa

Sure, you should only play Blitzkrieg or Rising Sun lists, but if someone brings a Barbarossa or Afrika list FA3 tanks are screwed.
>>
>>50233668
FA3 is still quite decent in HFaB. And Barbarossa fucks over all pretenses of balance in EW.
>>
>>50181634
heck, SU-100 get you that high AT rating with Cat-Killers to snipe from afar for relatively cheap.
>>
>>50233349
It's difficult and suboptimal without an airbrush. But still common.

If you're considering getting one, then by all means do - they're great. They're good for any vehicle (like painting gradients on single-color tanks), and also for basecoating infantry. The usual alternative is a bunch of rattlecans for base colors, and those get expensive.

Either get a really cheap first airbrush or skip straight to a good dual-action. And only get an airbrush at all if you can buy a good compressor.
>>
>>50231052
Not yet. Although I might to a full scan of Iron Maiden myself if I wind up buying the book.

Also, I just saw the news.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/13/asia/new-zealand-earthquake/index.html

A big earthquake hit the southern island of New Zealand.

Virus, are you ok down there? Or do you live on the north island?
>>
File: General 3.jpg (499KB, 2048x1540px) Image search: [Google]
General 3.jpg
499KB, 2048x1540px
>>50234690
It affected Wellington, too (southern tip of the North Island). Fortunately it wasn't a direct hit on a city like the 2011 Christchurch earthquake was.
>>
>>50187121
What kind of myths?
>>
>>50235733
Don't get him started.
>>
File: little big wars.jpg (272KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
little big wars.jpg
272KB, 2048x1152px
>>50229103
I live North of Fergus Falls, I only go there to shop because its closer then Fargo.

Whenever I want to do something that isnt lakes/outdoors I go to Fargo.

There is a lot more gaming space at little big wars, look at their facebook page.
>>
>>50235383
>>50234690
I live in the bleeding North Island, as I swear I've pointed out before, the only reason I've not been more exact with my location is because I'm concerned that it's becoming very easy for people to figure out exactly who I am. The most that happened up this way was basically a mild shake that lasted for like, a solid minute.

Anyway. Got to double down on my Team Yankee Construction this week, next week is first ever game of Team Yankee.
>>
>>50237500
For the life of me I couldn't remember.

Good to hear that things are alright up by you.

>Got to double down on my Team Yankee Construction this week, next week is first ever game of Team Yankee.

Awesome. Going to be playing using your Afghansty? Or just regular Soviet ground forces?
>>
>>50237578
I wish I had four more hinds mate. Ground forces it has to be.
>>
>>50236287

Montana really is bone-dry. When I was first getting interested in miniature wargaming I made the deadly mistake of being too interested in all the obscure historical shit that you'd only have a chance in hell of playing if you lived in the UK. So in the end I never really did much of anything, because even 40k around here is asking quite a lot.

Kind of bullshit that North Dakota has more than we do.
>>
>>50238561
What other historical stuff were you interested in?
>>
File: VDV.jpg (56KB, 240x480px) Image search: [Google]
VDV.jpg
56KB, 240x480px
Wonder if the VDV guys will ever get models of them in their one-piece uniforms and/or those craptastic flak jackets.
>>
>>50238934

Great War stuff, mostly. I had ordered up some 28mm Stosstruppen and everything just for fun.
>>
File: IMG_2808.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2808.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50237500
post list
>>
>>50239156
Red Banner T-72 Tank Battalion: 60 points.
HQ T-72
4x T-72s
4x T-72s

4x Hinds
Airlanding Assault Company with 4x AK-74 teams, 4x RPG teams.

2x Su-47 Frogfoots.

This isn't even "What is the most effective list I can build", it's "What do I physically own." I mean hell the Frogfoots are going to be a Stuka and a Me-262.
>>
>>50239330
>I mean hell the Frogfoots are going to be a Stuka and a Me-262.

That sounds absolutely hilarious.

I look forward to hearing about it.
>>
Is a tank that got KO'd by defensive fire still an assaulting team for the purposes of the check at the end of the assaulting step to see if you won? i.e. if a bailed tank is within 4" of an enemy team, but the other tanks killed everything within 4" of them, did the tanks win the assault or does the defender get a chance to motivate and potentially capture it?
>>
>>50242102
If the other tanks destroyed all the valid targets for assault, that probably means the surviving infantry team needs to be taking a motivation check to see if they're fleeing the battlefield or not.

If they don't flee, then the assault is not yet over, and nothing has yet been captured.

And if the infantry do flee, then the tanks won the assault and the tank is not captured.

Only if the tanks are forced to fall back would the bailed tank be captured and destroyed.
>>
Have there been any rumblings about what kinds of Black Friday deals we can expect to see from Battlefront, Plastic Soldier Company, The War Store, Wayland Games, etc?
>>
>>50243779
Miniature market had a "bigger than black Friday" sale. The only battlefront stuff on sale was Team Yankee Germans. So that doesn't bode well.
>>
>>50239330
>I mean hell the Frogfoots are going to be a Stuka and a Me-262.

I wish you good air support roles. I would try to use my frogfeet as stukas mlr the 262s as their AT missile gives them good standoff range against enemy armor.
>>
>>50153385
>glorious spetznaz
>spetznaz
>>
>>50244404
Rolls not roles.
>>
>>50244419
Is maskirovka, comrade
>>
File: IMAG0029_BURST002.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0029_BURST002.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
So I'm starting to think people who complain about the helicopter models might be full of shit in this case. The Hind's pretty damn large yes, but I can pretty easily fit the squadron together without having issues with their rotor blades, or you could always go line abreast and gain sixteen inches of distance between them provided they have line of sight between them. And these being Helos, probably can.
>>
>>50245305
I think their problem isn't so much that the rotors are physically overlapping, as it is that the space that would be taken up by the rotors, were they real and rotating, is overlapping.

(Or you could just go line abreast)
>>
File: IMG_4350.jpg (21KB, 400x187px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4350.jpg
21KB, 400x187px
TY murder jeeps when?
>>
>>50246674
Soon actually. Humvees for the Americans have been confirmed and Land Rovers later for Commonwealth forces.
>>
>>50243359
>If the other tanks destroyed all the valid targets for assault, that probably means the surviving infantry team needs to be taking a motivation check to see if they're fleeing the battlefield or not.
This is the rub here. If you wipe out all targets within 4" of assaulting teams, assault is over, no motivation. A tank that bailed in defensive fire may still have things within 4" of it, but not 2", since it can't charge, so it'll always have living targets. But is a tank that was bailed in defensive fire still assaulting?

If it isn't, then the tanks won, consolidate, and push infantry back. If it is, the infantry might rally and, if they hit the tanks, might force them back and capture the tank. I'm just not sure if they are or not.
>>
Also we're gonna need a new thread.
>>
>>50246674
beep beep im a jeep
>>
>>50247540
new thread gaiz
>>
>>50160166
Neat. Might paint my walls like that
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.