[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Godbound General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

File: 1435968208627.jpg (58KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1435968208627.jpg
58KB, 533x800px
What is Godbound? Is a OSR style high fantasy game using simple mechanics and the Dominion system to reflect powerful characters that make decisions with lasting consequences.

"Godbound is a game of divine heroes in a broken world, men and women who have seized the tools that have slipped from an absent God's hands. Bound by seeming chance to the Words of Creation, these new-forged titans face a world ravaged by the mad ambitions of men and the cruel legacy of human folly."

Links: DriveThru RPG Page:
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/185959/Godbound-A-Game-of-Divine-Heroes-Free-Edition
RPGnet godbound thread, constant posting from Kevin Crawford.:
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?773601-Sine-Nomine-Godbound-Staff-Pick/page281

Sine Nomine Godbound Page, frequent replies from Crawford here:
https://plus.google.com/communities/108012684439844399874/stream/5f9e74b7-83fe-4915-9780-88110bd9c75c

PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q86kncl06rf0b8h/Godbound_DeluxeVersion-062516.pdf
>>
File: 6SKsP56.jpg (666KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
6SKsP56.jpg
666KB, 1600x800px
I've been playing Godbound now for a few months and it's been a blast.

It's mechanics for minute to minute action are dynamic, allowing for player creativity with the Miracle/Effort system.

When it comes to downtime, the game has a Faction System that works similarly to other Sine Nomine games, Faction's have Features, Problems, Interests, Power.

In other Sine Nomine Games, players never really had a means of easily affecting entire factions, but in God Bound that goes right out the window.

So what kind of Godbound have you guys made? What kind of divine shenanigans has your pantheon gotten into?
What kind of abominations have you made using Dominion?
>>
Divine Bump
>>
>>50151542
A friend of mine introduced me to the game and the second I looked through the options I started to get ideas. Like for example our big god for the setting is an earth goddess who after a huge battle with the living manifestation of time went into a coma. So slowly her dreams became living things and her god husband god of artifice would shape these beings into what he felt she meant to create. So we have gugs who couldn't quite be forced into being a less nightmare look so they've kept they're strong connection to the goddess and they'd often act according to what kind of dreams the comatose goddess would have.
>>
File: Lord of Illusion.jpg (291KB, 1000x731px) Image search: [Google]
Lord of Illusion.jpg
291KB, 1000x731px
>>50151542
Player here, GM is running a campaign in the Dominion setting.

Our Godbound's Words are
>Artifice, Endurance, and Health - projects guy and party healer
>Sorcery, Deception, Luck - Face guy and theurgy expert(me)
>Luck, Knowledge, Fate - Oracle guy
>Fertility, Earth, Death - Cycle of life/death, Earthmother kind of character

We have thus far:
>Become worshiped by a village of Ulmic that accidentally summoned two of us
>Captured and brainwashed a national hero/champion of the Ermorian Faction that has colonized Ulm.
>Mind fucked a dossier out of him on his country during the conditioning process
>Made a pact of future blood sacrifice by the thousands(of enemies) with a powerful wind elemental in exchange for breaking/ending an old contract with our people. We did not particularly like him strong arming our people with plague into an annual human sacrifice/our people paying patronage to anyone but us. >Currently communing with other elementals to find methods of dealing with him, and have no intention of actually providing the sacrifice if we can avoid it.
>Found out that the reason the enemy Faction can't find our village with diving magic is because some Cthulu-esque horror from time long forgotten is imprisoned beneath the mountain we reside on and trying to put it's feelers out to affect mortal minds.
>Got our shit pushed in by giant stone guardians protecting it's temple/prison, while my character stealthy sneaked by to his cage and memorized the Throne Level Theurgy inscriptions on the seal to study.
>>
File: The Sorjourner.png (206KB, 540x305px) Image search: [Google]
The Sorjourner.png
206KB, 540x305px
>>50154111
>Set that aside for later and the main priority has become moving our worshipers off of mind fuck death spirit mountain and back into their former capital city.
>Scouting out the capital with Influence got us info that Ermorians were having elemental problems to the north with settlement on the boarder of colonized Ulmic territory and a hostile nation
>Went to investigate and met up with our Oracle godbound(new player). We agreed to work together to take the Ulmic capital back in exchange for helping him in his home country. Stomped some indignant earth elementals to dust and the settlers became both refugees and worshipers under the care of the Oracle.
>Discovered through scouting that Ermorians were sending a scouting party to look for their national hero in the mountains.
>Used the opportunity to reintroduced our new lacky into their society to spread misinformation and gather new information for us. Planning to take the city from the inside within the next two days.
>Plan is as follows
>Rouse/prepare the native population for insurrection, releasing an enemy-imprisoned shaman to act as our figurehead to ensure stability
>Mind control a top military leader to issue the official surrender/make things easier on us when we go full shit hits the fan, and mind control one of their top sorcerers to teach me magic for the months(all the mind control's being done with Seal of Regal Dominion btw)
>Barricade the present army's barracks with stone walls while the majority of them are sleeping, burn them alive
>Kill the rest which are basically police and wall patrolmen by being godbound 'n shit and having an army of angry natives to overwhelm them.
>Kill/execute the Ermorian Vicroy running the city and declare victory to the people
>>
File: Onifera.jpg (59KB, 376x512px) Image search: [Google]
Onifera.jpg
59KB, 376x512px
>>50154111
>>50154129
>Artifice, Endurance, and Health

Known only as The Farmer. Did not take Fertility and does not actually know how to farm. More accurately The Laborer, or maybe The Handyman. Really hates undead. Minority in the party 1/4 on that note. Really hates laziness. Likes to keep his character busy. Mostly bland and uneducated in other regards, country bumpkin character in a past life.

>Sorcery, Deceipt, Luck

Domesis, Lord of the Unreal. Party face/ideas guy/researcher. I tend to make executive decisions when there's no clear direction in the party, and I tend to end up as the representative/damage control for any social situations. Hyper-obsessed with magic. Acts very god-like, unlike his fellow godbound. Carries himself and talks in a regal way unless in disguise/misleading people. Pragmatic, and not really too concerned with moral ventures, just power as an end.

>Luck, Knowledge, Fate

T'ian Zhe, a godbound ripped from his Fate as a full-fledged God after and squabble/something in his patheon, the details are not clear to me. Has his followers worship a fake figure by proxy due to being Undestined. Very heroic character that cares about people, disappointed to learn that the party was toe-deep under Neutral at best. Always tries to find some compromise.

>Fertility, Earth, Death

Onifera, the Observer of Cycles. Character is a plant-chick and doesn't take a human form. Super pissed off about the Ermorians burning down Ulmic forests at a rapid pace. Pretty much the main driving force behind why we decided to take the city now instead of building up for it later. Hot tempered and too the point. Not much else we know about her, they just joined. Domesis striked off plans A-C and we went for D, has basically been planning this insurrection/invasion for months since he was summoned/born and found out his people wanted the city.
>>
File: 1448939169621.gif (572KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1448939169621.gif
572KB, 500x281px
>>50154433
I've also fallen in love with this system, and as soon as this group breaks down/the campaign ends, I'll be eager to run my own campaign(because let's be honest, the odds of finding a game of such a new system that isn't D&D20 are slim). Probably going to run the campaign in a non-committal to complete accuracy version of the Birthright campaign setting.
>>
Okay, so what do I have to do to run a game of this? I've only really had experience with d20 and the barest initiation into Exalted.
>>
File: 1468456950808.png (143KB, 373x459px) Image search: [Google]
1468456950808.png
143KB, 373x459px
>>50154873
>I've only really had experience with d20 and the barest initiation into Exalted.

Then you should do fine.

The biggest differences between Godbound and other D20 systems are:
>The players roll A LOT less for things, because they're fucking gods and not mortals. >Players have three main resources: Effort to do things in character, Influence to do things in the background/overtime/effect the world, Dominion to create permanent changes to the world/do cool big things like make powerful artifact items and such.
>Damage goes through a filter and numbers are generally lower.
>There's some special rules for treating a mob of creatures like on entity for the purpose of combat that scales with the creatures of the mob and their size, because the characters are fucking demigods and only a group of mortals could hope to begin to challenge them, and most campaigns contain some mortals.

That's in regards to running it. Other than that, just follow the character creation instructions and everything should fall together in a rational, understandable way. It's not that complicated.
>>
>>50151439
I have a GM tinkering with the idea of running this for our group. Any advice for a character based on Hedonism-bot?
>>
>>50157538
Taking the Words Fertility, Passion and Wealth seems like a good start.

What's the setting you're playing in?
>>
Been running a campaign for a few weeks now. Having a fucking blast. More in a mo, just bumping first.
>>
>>50160291
My lot are playing in Raktia, in the default Arcem setting. They've each legged it into Not!Transylvania from different neighbouring countries (and in one case, through a Night Road from a different realm) and are currently establishing themselves as the effective power in a voivode's domain spanning the hilly center of the nation. They've juuuust started attracting attention from the Black Academies and an angel cult or two. Shit's gonna get real fun real soon.

They're up to level 2-3 now after blowing Dominion on small-level stuff and they're having a fuckload of fun writing up their cult theologies. I wasn't sure everyone would take to that element (some people don't take to the book-keeping bits - see Ars Magica's lab work elements for example) but they all seem to love it.
>>
>>50157538
Like anon said above, Fertility means plant-everything is yours (plus cancer vision), Passion means you can make everyone feel good, and Wealth means you can have anything you want.

None of them are good combat options, but the glory of Godbound is that you can take Divine Wrath or Corona of Fury for anything at all. So Corona of Wealth's Fury to blast out a MONEYSPLOSION is an option.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.