[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Futuristic Setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 2.png (309KB, 394x661px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
309KB, 394x661px
We'll begin a new adventure on friday and it's my first time as a GM. Now I've got the entire city map and a few NPCs, villains, secrets and REs ready to go, but it's incredible how there aren't many suggestions for cyber settings online.
You guys ever played any? Have anything to share? Thanks in advance.
>>
how futuristic? 20 years? 50? 100? going for cyberpunk? post-cyberpunk master race? cyber-sorta-punk-but-not really?
>>
>>50150767
REs?
>>
>>50152756
Very-cyber-sorta-punk-but-not-really.
Like 3000 years in the future.
>>
>>50153243
Shit nigga 3000 years? 3000 fucking years? we were like...in the fucking bronze age or some shit 3000 years ago.

Anyway, I think Orions arm would be good inspiration if you are thinking of going far future.
>>
File: merchai.jpg (47KB, 354x548px) Image search: [Google]
merchai.jpg
47KB, 354x548px
>>50153452
>>
>>50152798
ye what are res?
>>
>>50153452
Lmao I thought two or three thousand years would be ok since the setting involves genetic mutations. Like huge ones, so a couple hundred wouldn't do the job (I guess).
Hey thanks! Awesome source.
>>
>>50153761
Genetic engineering is way more likely DESU, with genetic engineering you can have very very different subspecies, with 2000 years time you probably have artificial life and cybernetics as well.

What good are mutations when you have all that?
>>
>>50152798
>>50153714
I would image RE is supposed to mean random encounter.

Your time scale is a bit off. You aren't accounting for the exponential growth rate of technology. We have the beginnings of genetic engineering and gene therapy technology right now in real life.

If you are new to high tech settings think about how your adventure/story structure is going to have to change. There are corporations, people are more specialized, security is higher than ever, people are more educated, there is greater disparity of wealth than ever, the are very strictly enforced legal systems, and there are very intelligent criminals who work their way within and around that system.
>>
>>50154013
Is there? or is it pretty much an AI theocracy by this point, the system is no longer in the controls of men, at least, not men as we understand them, Intelligent Agencies beyond our comprehension use humans as pawns when needed, perhaps even rewarding us for future employement.
>>
>>50154013
Yeah, it's random encounters. Sorry I forgot answering.

About your observations: pretty much all you said was taken in account. The adventure is mainly gonna force the party to try and twist their way around the system in order to find things out, escape (and gamble with) the criminals, help unfortunate people and so. I've been communicating with the players and our talks have been really productive, so I expect very good characters since the setting makes almost everything possible.
Honestly I'm very curious to see what they gonna bring me.

>>50154143
I've thought about it, but decided to ton it down a bit. AI is cool and will definitely be present, but less like evil-lords and more like government tools.
>>
>>50154305
>Did I ever say anything about evil? The Post-human ones could be like the gods in a D&D game, you could have clerics who do favors for the AIs and in return the AIs help grease the wheels, perhaps these missions can help the AIs seize power.
>>
>>50154361
In this case, then, definitely gonna be present.
>>
>>50154431
what system you using?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.