[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 22

File: IMG_4905.jpg (91KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4905.jpg
91KB, 312x445px
Price of Progress Lite Edition.

Taking the General Back to (the) Basics.

>What are you playing?

>What are you building?

>What are you hating?

>How do you feel about Blood Moon and other format police cards? Is it just a Silver Bullet for decks that are overreliant on nonbasic lands, an integral part of a healthy meta, or is it a boogeyman stealing wins for low-Tier decks?
>>
>>50146655
>playing
uw emeria

>hating
tron but thats an always thing

>blood moon
I think this card is fine and my deck's whole strategy revolves around a nonbasic land. making it hard for a 3 color deck to cast things like cryptic command is reasonable. come at me
>>
Could Bant Delver work well? Assuming without Goyfs or Snaps and just at an FNM level
>>
>>50146655
>What are you playing?
Infect and AN on paper
Elves and Affinity online
>>What are you building?
Nothing
>>What are you hating?
Nothing
>>How do you feel about Blood Moon and other format police cards? Is it just a Silver Bullet for decks that are overreliant on nonbasic lands, an integral part of a healthy meta, or is it a boogeyman stealing wins for low-Tier decks?
They're fine, LSV is a whining cunt
It's not like blood moon works one way, it requires a setup to use
>>
>>50146887
Everything works at FNM. Why would you want to go bant though? Delver works really well with red cards
>>
>>50146887
Why play bant delver if you have neither goyf nor snap?
>>
>tfw playing the only control deck in modern
>>
>>50147156
I honestly can't tell what you mean at this point because there are multiple control decks that showed up in top 32
>>
>>50147156
Whats that babe?
>>
>>50147180
>>50147181
lantern control
>>
>>50147210
Lantern is dank AF, plebs can't handle it
Have you tried Glint-Nest Crane at all?
>>
>>50147223
testing 3 in the main. has been great so far. kaladesh really improved this deck
>>
>>50147210
Eh, I wouldn't say it's the only control list in the format, though it is a cool one
>>
>>50146655
>Playing?
Btl scapeshift online
Don't irl
>Building ?
Btl scapeshift, and that's why I don't play irl
Also, do you think chinaman cryptics are passable ?
>Hating ?
Eldrazi
So much
Reality smasher should AT LEAST be a 6 drop
>how I feel about blood moon
It's a nice tech
I prefer playing against blood moon than agaist slaughter games, because I don't auto lose
>and how about silver bullet cards ?
I think they are fine, as long as you can still interact with them AKA counter it or destroy it with creature/artifact/enchantment removal
>>
>>50146655
>playing
Dredge, Naya and Shamans on paper and Shamans and Dredge online.
>building
Still getting the kinks out of my shaman deck and I'm working towards Lantern Control
>hating
Everything I lose too :^) it needs a ban desu
>Blood moon
I love it because it makes a lot of decks cry and having multicolor mana bases should have some downside.
>>
>What are you playing?
Affinity
>What are you building?
Rebuilding RG Tron after the last bans, and tinkering with Burn.

Trying to figure out some way to make LD or prison good without resorting to just plopping down a Bloodmoon.
>What are you hating?
The lack of decent LD in Modern.
>How do you feel about Blood Moon and other format police cards? Is it just a Silver Bullet for decks that are overreliant on nonbasic lands, an integral part of a healthy meta, or is it a boogeyman stealing wins for low-Tier decks?
Honestly I wish there were far more punishing cards than Bloodmoon in the card pool. Let's get Sinkhole into the format.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62KB, 1920x1080px
>What are you playing?
bushwacker zoo/ tooth and nail
>What are you building?
naya burn+dredge
>What are you hating?
eldrazi, bogles, melira and coco
>How do you feel about Blood Moon
i dont mind it, i play it sideboard in tooth and nail it and can just win games

>mfw facing control matchup playing rg nail.
> t1 forest arbor elf pass
>he plays a fetch and passes
>forest >utopia sprawl choosing red, tap land 2x for GGRR cast blood moon, in response he fetches a basic island
> he serum visions
>t3 play choke. "next game"?
>>
>>50147818
>posting a medium at best YouTube as a yfw
Kys F.a.m.
>>
>>50147838
my reaction folder isnt that great, "hey that pretty good" seemed like the best fit T B H
>>
>>50147248
Mind posting a list for reference?
>>
Top 32 Breakdown for the lazy
Infect - 5
Naya Burn - 2
Jund - 3
Suicide Zoo - 3
Bant Eldrazi - 3
Skred - 1
Grixis Control - 1
Jeskai Control - 1
Dredge - 1
Valakut Breach - 1
BG Midrange - 1
Knightfall - 1
RG Tron - 1
Jeskai Delver - 1
Thing Ascension - 1
Lantern - 1
Suicide Bloo - 1
RG Ponza - 1
Merfolk -1
Mardu Nahiri - 1
Madcap Moon - 1
>>
>>50147936
Seems insufficient to draw conclusions. I'd want to see overall day 1 to day 2 numbers and win-lose avgs for the decks
>>
>>50147974
I wish I had those numbers, this is all I've got right now
>>
>>50147936
Lantern and Tron keeping up the good fight.
>>
>>50148007
Eh all good. Seems pretty fair all in all. All the decks not infect are capable of dealing with infect, the other top players are fair balanced decks and the frequency of singleton decks is a nice boost to the perception of modern being solved. Can't guarantee it but this looks really healthy
>>
>>50146655
>>What are you playing?
Sultai control/midrange
>>What are you building?
Nothing. I'm very happy with this deck. I might buy cards to tweak it but it's good now.
>>What are you hating?
Honestly Nothing. Jund might be the biggest fear for me now that Tron is gone. My deck feels like it has play against everything. It drops the game ending power of a bolt for an overall consistent balanced, matchup to the field.
>>How do you feel about Blood Moon and other format police cards? Is it just a Silver Bullet for decks that are overreliant on nonbasic lands, an integral part of a healthy meta, or is it a boogeyman stealing wins for low-Tier decks?
I wouldn't call bloodmoon a fair police card. Relic of progenitus is a fair police card because most lists can run it and it kinda hurts the majority of decks in the format to some degree or something like stony silence. Stony silence hurts one very linear deck very linearly, it takes up space in the sideboard so it's a risk to run too many. As the anon in the other thread said, bloodmoon is fairer for people playing red. It's more difficult to deal with being not in red, making it quite a one sided police card. If I get bloodmooned I need to kill it to play spells whereas a Jund player can still find only one basic for, say, kommand. That really stifles decks viability simply because of a single card in one colour.That said, I don't mind it. I do believe it desperately needs a reprint and I think other colours need to be given cards on the same powerlevel for mana hate. It'd also make other mono colour decks more viable. Kinda along the other anon line I could see a white version of back to basics. Tapping down lands is a very white ability. Blue could get a 1 mana spreading seas, and black can get sinkhole. Green should Get some kind of from the ashes for triple g.
>>
>>50146655
>>What are you playing?
Esper Control

>>What are you building?
UWR Flash

>>What are you hating?
Eldrazi
It's not a horrible matchup, but there's no really good sideboard strategy against them. You just overload on wraths, 'walkers, and removal and hope something sticks, which is hardly a sure be because of Though-Knot Seer.

Blood Moon is fine, although it arguably doesn't do it's job quite right because it punishes fair decks more than Tron and Valakut. Wasteland would be too strong against fetch-shock manabases, however.
>>
>>50148497
Don't you run ram in the sideboard? It's good against burn and a 5 ass creature makes it bigger than most of their bodies
>>
>>50146822
>uw Emeria

I thought I was the only one...
>>
Do I build Spirits or do I go full aggro
>>
>>50146887
>Could Bant Delver work well? Assuming without Goyfs or Snaps and just at an FNM level
Bolt Snap Bolt gives tempo decks ridiculous reach, so not really.
>>
>>50149015
bant spirits is a very underrated deck atm
>>
>Skred won GP Dallas

This makes me want to play modern again. Eternal Scourge is the perfect three-drop for the deck, too, since unfortunately Reckoner just doesn't punch enough weight anymore.

Also lol @ 3 infect decks in the top 8. Looks like someone's getting the funhammer.
>>
Skred is super fun mang
>>
What is Skred anyway, a midrange deck?

How on earth did it even get to top 8?
>>
>>50149748
creature heavy meta
>>
>>50149775
Wouldn't see how Skred beats down non-creature decks though like burn.

And did no one have any basics? Its like the entire meta forgets that Blood Moon exists and one in a while a blood moon deck tops.
>>
>>50149805
Anger and moon mainboard hurt burn, post board 4 dragon's claw is good
>>
File: 18.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>50148857
This guy? Even if I had slots I would rather run Baneslayer or even Timely Reinforcements. Walls don't play well with Supreme Verdict.
>>
>>50149856
>Walls don't play well with Supreme Verdict.
Wall of omens does. Centripetal makes it so it's just a bigol' ca neutral card that's hard to get past. What's your sideboard like?
>>
>>50149873
Right now I'm running
2 Engineered Explosives
3 Thoughtseize
3 Extirpate
1 Dispel
1 Condemn
2 Blessed Alliance
1 Negate
1 Gideon Jura
1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
>>
>>50149976
I'm interested in your Tron matchup. I used to run sower of temptation a ways back for it. I'm surprised there's no bribery in the Sb. No Tron in your meta?
I really liked running runed halo before, it has serious game to a lot of decks, bridge was also really good. It stops the big fat idiots of the meta like eldrazi, the downside being it's fragile so you'd need something to stop their explosives from taking it out, stony silence was nice for it. Dropped the deck after a I switched it to monastery mentor esper and fell out of favor with the deck
>>
>>50150080
Also not saying to bring in stony silence against eldrazi but bridge was nice, especially with counter backup
>>
>>50150080
>>50150098
The plan against Tron is to bring in Thoughtseize and Extirpate and try to extract a Tron land or Ulamog and World Breaker. They don't run Emrakul anymore so the matchup becomes easy when he can't blow up my lands with cast triggers.
>>
>>50149748
B L O O O D M O O N
>>
>>50146655

>What are you playing?
Elves, Ad Nauseam, Protean Hulk combo, U Tron, Allies, GW Hatebears. Mostly just GW Hatebears at the moment.
>What are you building?
Just finishing up G/W hatebears so i don't have to borrow the missing pieces from a friend(Horizon Canopy)
>What are you hating?
EVERYTHING.
>How do you feel about Blood Moon and other format police cards? Isit just a Silver Bullet for decks that are overreliant on nonbasic lands, an integral part of a healthy meta, or is it a boogeyman stealing wins for low-Tier decks?
Don't care, if your deck is dying outright to a 3 mana red enchantment then maybe you should fetch for basics instead or play a deck where Blood Moon is redundant even if it gets into play.
>>
>>50149976
>>50150080
>>50150098
>>50150265
Hey I play turbofog uw, I know it isn't your deck by a country mile but our problems are the same. Our decks go to the late game where eldrazi and Tron are insane. So would ceremonious rejection be good sideboard game for Tron? You counter their early stuff, and late game stuff, and it works against eldrazi and affinity.
>>
Whipped this babby up

4x Bloodsoaked Champion
4x Viscera Seer
4x Zulaport Cutthroat
4x Blood Artist
4x Carrier Thrall
4x Cartel Aristocrat
4x Geralf's Messenger
3x Grim Haruspex
1x Liliana, Heretical Healer

4x Rally the Ancestors
3x Path to Exile

4x Concealed Courtyard
4x Marsh Flats
3x Godless Shrine
2x Westvale Abbey
8x Swamp

I am haeving fun. Just wished the 2 drop slot isnt that crowded, still lacks testing if I remove the Thralls for something like Bloodghasts or Return to the Ranks
>>
>>50146655
>>How do you feel about Blood Moon and other format police cards?
Bloodmoon is the hero that not only, Modern, but all of MTG needs. Goodstuff decks are cancer.
>>
>>50150592
You need to run Doomed Traveler

He is so damn good
>>
>>50149805
>Wouldn't see how Skred beats down non-creature decks
it doesn't
>>
>>50148977
I play UW Emeria too! Fun deck, but I did horrible at recent tournie. Considering picking up 3 Cliques to replace Pilgrim's Eye.
>>
>>50149805
It's modern, the format is getting more and more focused on linear creature aggro. In a more healthy meta skred would be a terrible choice, but as it stands it's a solid pick.
>>
>>50150622
I'd rather we just carpet bomb the ubiquitous good stuff cards. Get rid of Bolt, Thoughtseize, and Path.

I seriously think we can manage with Tarfire and Inquisition and a return to 2-mana as the gold-standard for unconditional removal like Terminate or Journey to Nowhere.
>>
>>50151429
>make most decks worse so affinity, infect and Tron get better
>>
>>50151429
Lightning Bolt isn't unconditional removal
>>
>>50151429
B8
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>50146655
10 RACK
>>
>>50144414
Midrange means fuck all. It's not a "fair" goodstuff pile like Jund, a combo pile like Ascension or Ad Nauseam nor an aggro deck so control is the closest shoe that fits.
>boardwipes and sticky n-for-1 answers that are also wincons.dec
>not control
There are no devotion decks in the type.
>>
>>50151718
thats tempo right?
>>
infect is so stupid

now we'll never have any interesting and pushed combat tricks printed again
>>
where my ad naus players at?

i'm curious if anyone has tried a sideboard of 4x gifts ungiven, 1x unburial rites, 2-3x reanimate targets, (iona, elesh norn, grisel), 1x snapcaster, 1x noxious revival.

The idea being you'd board out all your unlifes, 3 angels grace, 3 ad naus and board in all of the above + a few mana leak/negate/etc

You can use your extra permission to survive until you resolve an EoT gifts for either Unburial Rites+Creature or Snap+Noxious+Grace+AN (if you have tons of mana).

On the one hand it seems super janky but on the other hand it seems like a lot of fun to win game 2 after they boarded out all their creature removal. If they counter your gifts I guess you're just fucked, but that's life I guess.
>>
>>50146655
>What are you building?
meme lantern-red

4 lantern of insight
4 codex shredder
4 mox opal
4 ensnaring bridge
4 ghoulcaller's bell
2 mind stone
2 relic of progenitus
2 feldon's cane
2 pyrite spellbomb
3 blood moon
3 outpost siege
3 norin the wary
3 chandra, torch of defiance
20 mountain
side:
2 grafdigger's cage
2 pithing needle
1 crucible of worlds
2 surgical extraction
2 mindcrack
1 altar of the brood
3 galvanic blast
2 shattering spree
>>
File: 1459208591250.png (51KB, 236x222px) Image search: [Google]
1459208591250.png
51KB, 236x222px
Is there any value in running Eternal Scourge in RG Tron? It's pretty difficult to remove permanently, relic lets you exile it, it's not dependent on having active tron
>>
>>50149805
burn runs many creatures so it's really not bad.
i'm on reckoner skred and i've lost games to burn but can't recall losing a match to it. i don't even run lifegain effects.
you take no damage from your lands and all of their creatures die to all your removal. They can't interact favorably with your threats. Moon cuts off their most powerful cards. games can get close but i wouldn't say it's worse than 50-50

>>50151910
if you're expecting them to board out removal and keep in counters wouldn't it make more sense to bring in creatures than spells?
I thought some AN folks had monastery mentor in the side for this reason

>>50146887
for delver you need 12 efficient beaters. The bar of playability for these threats is at least 3 power for 1 drops and at least 4 power and boltproof for 2 drops. without goyf, what do you plan on playing?
>>
>>50151910

Ad Nauseam can run a Glittering Wish package and can grab Sigarda Hosts of Heron or Dragonlord Dromoka for wincons as an alt plan. It's not a bad sideplan and gives the deck some resiliency against Cranial Extraction type effects that sometimes show up in lists(Slaughter Games etc.)
>>
>>50152411
>if you're expecting them to board out removal and keep in counters wouldn't it make more sense to bring in creatures than spells?

I mean it's not like you're gonna hardcast any of the creatures you want...

>>50152545
I have toyed with this idea but it seems even more mana intensive than running gifts and if you're on the wish plan you're maindecking it since it changes your manabase so much and I feel like that makes game 1 too janky compared to having a stock game 1 with a switcheroo game 2.
>>
>>50146655
>What are you playing?
Last FNM I tried Dredge. It was fun.
FNM before that, I tried Bloomless Titan and it was fun when it worked, but it usually didn't.
FNM before that, I tried Breach Titan and that was nice.

>What are you building?
I'm probably going to put Jeskai Aggro or Skred together this Friday.

>What are you hating?
Mediocre decks that sometimes catch me on a bad matchup (like Bogles). If I'm going to lose, I want to lose to something good.

>How do you feel about Blood Moon and other format police cards?
Fine by me.
>>
>>50152283
>lantern-red
why
>>
>>50152641
If you take a meme deck and make it collide full force with another meme deck then that makes it twice as spicy, right?
>>
>What are you playing?
Dredge
>What are you building?
Skred Red
>What are you hating?
Jund
Fuck "the meta."
>>
>>50152656
latern control is a refined deck that actually works. you took that deck and made it shit
>>
>>50152723
I'm not the guy who posted that deck list but Lantern control is a meme deck
>>
>>50152736
how is it a meme deck
>>
>>50152747
>Odd-ball flavor-of-the-month deck that falls out of favor as quickly as it appeared
How is it not a meme deck?
>>
>>50152723
the guy who posted the lantern-red here
>hurr durr you must pilot prepackaged lists
second: defined "refined deck"
>>
>>50146655
>What are you playing?

Blood Moon Jund

>What are you building?

Nothing

>What are you hating?

Asides from Tron, which will always be the devil's work, there's three UW Control players at my LGS and it's close to unwinnable for me.

Blood Moon is fine, it's easy enough to play around and gets much worse when the meta is prepared for it.
>>
>>50152572

It does change your manabase but you get a better toolbox suite for answering narrow hate cards. Not that Blood Moon hurts AN that much really due to Bloom and Pentad Prism. It almost plays somewhat like TES in Legacy in where the deck can use Burning Wish to get answer cards, you can use Glittering Wish to even grab stuff like Abrupt Decay, Fracturing Gust or even Bring to Light fetching into AN itself.
>>
>>50152774
>Odd-ball flavor-of-the-month deck that falls out of favor as quickly as it appeared

The only thing true in this statement is that it's an odd deck.

>>50152813
Good luck reinventing the wheel and playing sub optimal decks.
By refined I meant that several hunderds of people including professional players have been testing all kinds of cards and strategies and decided that the current core list is the way to go for latern control.
>>
>>50152905
>The only thing true in this statement is that it's an odd deck.
Then where are the results
>>
>>50152916
http://mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=531&meta=118&f=MO
>>
>>50152957
MODO leagues are hardly indicative of anything. The deck hasn't shown up in any real capacity in the tournaments that matter in a long ass time
>>
>>50153009
it topped 32 at dallas. it doesn't show up in any real capacity because not a lot of people play it, not because the deck is bad.
>>
>>50146655
>>50146655
>>What are you playing?
Eldrazi Taxes

>>What are you building?
Feeling like I want to show up with meme goblins and bushwhack some nerds next week.

>>What are you hating?
drawing air against uw midrange.
drew:
>4 vial
>4 thalia
>1 resto
>1 Path
>15 lands
opening hand was vial, path, thalia, angel, cavern, plains, godless shrine.
i had enough thalias to eat two geists and eventually die to a lone snapcaster mage.
>>
>>50153045
>I-it's not a m-m-meme!
>People just don't play it!
Sure, junior
>>
>>50153152
This is bait
>>
>>50153156
You fucking admitted people don't play the deck anymore, how is that b8
>>
>>50149475
What does Bant get you that splashing black going Esper doesn't get you?
>>
>>50153168
Noble Hierarch and Collected Company
>>
>>50153164
I'm not the anon claiming people don't play it. Im just a simple anon that likes simple futa after a hard days work and I called like I see em. And you sir, are bait
>>
>>50153164
>anymore
it never got played in large amounts. and that's not even me you're replying to
>>
>>50153168
is that a serious question?
>>
>>50152822
>It does change your manabase but you get a better toolbox suite for answering narrow hate cards. Not that Blood Moon hurts AN that much really due to Bloom and Pentad Prism. It almost plays somewhat like TES in Legacy in where the deck can use Burning Wish to get answer cards, you can use Glittering Wish to even grab stuff like Abrupt Decay, Fracturing Gust or even Bring to Light fetching into AN itself.

Right, but since blooms and pentads are "one time only" how are you using 7 mana for your wish+answer and then having 6 mana up next turn for the combo?

At least gifts can be done end of turn 4 and gets you the kill on your next turn. I think it's reasonable to have 4 lands in play, especially if you have permission, but I am usually dead before I have 7 lands. Maybe I'd see it if we could run 8 blooms or something, but I just don't understand how wish works manawise as is.

Have you played the wish build a lot yourself? I never have so I could just be wrong here.
>>
>>50153276
Scratch half that I guess. I didn't realize you got a free cast off bring to light.
>>
How's Naya burn doing right now? I was thinking of finishing a build since I only need Goblin Guides and a few other cards.
>>
>>50153955
It's still a top tier deck, you're probably safe
Hell if infect eats a ban burn is probably the next best deck to be on
>>
>>50154252
What could they possibly ban to cripple infect? The fucking blighted agent?
>>
>>50154580
Honestly? Yes
I can see infect as something they really want to get rid of but they lack a good reason to do so
>>
>>50154580
Become Immense has been bandied about.
Any of the main creatures are options.
Personally, I'd ban Mutagenic Growth. It's the real enabler for cheesing out wins with free pumps and feeding Immense.
>>
>>50154651
Nah death's Shadow is a cool deck to keep around
It basically does infect but fairer and I can see wizards being fine with keeping that deck unchanged
>>
>>50154680
I will,say I do like Zooicide, but WotC WorK doesn't exactly care about healthy meta, or collateral damage when looking at bans.

Also, Zooicide cheeses out early wins all the time, I could see it as a deck that's in the banhammers' sights.
>>
>>50154742
Zooicide also has to get dangerously low on life and it can swing either way in a matter of turns
Having a super fast, balls-to-the-walls aggro deck is fine but the fact that Infect gets to double-dip on pump spells is insane
>>
File: Outskill.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Outskill.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Is skred the deck we need to save modern from this aggro meta? Would a card like this help skred become a tier 1 deck or would it be too underwhelming to see play?
>>
File: 1478128089366.jpg (250KB, 837x981px) Image search: [Google]
1478128089366.jpg
250KB, 837x981px
>>50154769
>a deck that is super fast and can kill you before t4 is fine
>but another deck that is super fast and can kill you before t4 is bad

I don't understand your logic.
>>
File: 1478574831454569473612.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1478574831454569473612.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Is this a good deck?
>>
>>50154837
fuzzy/10
>>
>>50154837
fuck no
>>
>>50154835
One does so with significant risks, requires a fairly specific set of cards, and burns through a ton of resources quickly.
One can win just as quickly but without giving up as many resources, mainting a good health total, and without an really specific set of cards, and do so with protection and evasion
DZ can do infect stuff but at a much higher cost and going all in can just get fucked by a single path since the deck doesn't run and protection
>>
You know, it's probably better to just list it
1drover of the dead
1markov patrician
1victim of night
2 doom blade
4 murder
2 corrupt
1spiteful shadow
1fiend of shadows
1corpse hauler
4 lilianas shade
4child of night
2 mark of the vampire
1sengit vampire
1 essence drain
1 stab wound
2 liturgy of blood
1diabolic tutor
2 tormented soul
1 bloodthorne vampire
1 blood hunter bat
1 vampire nocturnus
1 lilianas of the dark realms

Sorry for posting a shifty pic like an idiot.
>>
>>50154837
>>50154920
Man I full blow retarded right now
>>50154860
Why not?
>>50154854
Sorry
>>
>>50154920
It's still fucking shit
You ARE aware that a set called innistrad happened? TWICE?
>>
>>50154952
Is that the one that has the card endless ranks of the undead? I love that card. I use 2 cellar door 2 ghoul caller bell with that for a zombie token deck.
>>
>>50154988
Why are you not running any of the good vampire cards
Run 4 Nighthawk, 4 Lacerator, go for the throats, stromkirk captains, kalastria highborns, more nocturnus, more kalitas, some bolts, maybe a fucking malakir bloodwitch or two
you aint even trying nigga
>>
>>50154952
Why is it bad though? I get a shit ton of mana kill all the enemy creatures unless he has a shit ton of counter spells, life link because why not, and an unblock able 1/1 I can enchant to hit harder with life link. All my vampires can get stronger with nocturnas too. I boost everything on my side while keeping the enemy board clear, if I get hit a bit early I have life link to help.
>>50155017
Honestly I haven't bought any new cards in forever. I put all the vampires i own in that deck.
>>
Whats the best way of slowing down the meta without turning the game into legacy?
>>
>>50154900
Okay, but Become Immense has still been talked about as a ban target for Infect. That's all I was saying.

Wizards didn't care that the Eye of Ugin also affected Tron. All they wanted was to kill Eldrazi. When they look at band, they either want to kill a deck outright, or nerf and make is less playable. IF they looked at Infect (and I personally don't think they are) and IF they decided Become Immense is their best option (which I don't think is the right card), THEN I don't think they would care about what other decks Become Immense is also in, like Zooicide.
>>
>>50155080
I'm mostly talking about Wizards disliking the infect mechanic and that high risk high reward decks are generally fine
It seems like we're arguing but I don't think we really disagree with each other
>>
Ok, I've got my spirit deck too.

Angelic wall
Midnight haunt
Avenging arrow
2 divine verdict
4 pacifism
Search Warren
Drogskol captain
2 voiceless spirit
Soul mended
Geist snatched
Storm bound Geist
Gallows warden
Moonlight Geist
Knight of glory
Elguard inquisitor
Sanctuary cat
Battleground Geist
Keening apparation
2niblis of the mist
Chapel Geist
Lingering souls
Capashen knight
Niblis of the breath
Chronomaton
Executioners hood
Illusionist bracers
Elixir of immortality
Intangible virtue
Darksteel forge
Gilded lotus
>>
>>50155149
jesus fucking christ kid you're giving me an aneurysm
>>
>>50155062
>Whats the best way of slowing down the meta without turning the game into legacy?

That's the worst thing to do to the format. Unban like half the cards on the list and let the format settle. If something needs answering, reprint an answer.
>>
>>50155163
Would it be worse if I said it works?
>>
>>50155176
No, because then at least I'd get a good laugh
>>
>>50155174

Ancient Den
Birthing Pod UNBAN
Blazing Shoal UNBAN
Bloodbraid Elf UNBAN
Chrome Mox UNBAN
Cloudpost UNBAN
Dark Depths UNBAN
Deathrite Shaman UNBAN
Dig Through Time UNBAN
Dread Return UNBAN
Eye of Ugin
Glimpse of Nature UNBAN
Great Furnace
Green Sun's Zenith UNBAN
Hypergenesis
Jace, the Mind Sculptor UNBAN
Mental Misstep
Ponder UNBAN
Preordain UNBAN
Punishing Fire UNBAN
Rite of Flame UNBAN
Seat of the Synod
Second Sunrise UNBAN
Seething Song UNBAN
Sensei's Divining Top UNBAN
Skullclamp
Splinter Twin UNBAN
Stoneforge Mystic UNBAN
Summer Bloom UNBAN
Treasure Cruise
Tree of Tales
Umezawa's Jitte
Vault of Whispers

Then after 6 months you can take a look at the artifact lands.
>>
is gr tron tier 1 again yet?

will it ever be tier 1 again?
>>
>>50155245
No
It's definitely possible
>>
>>50155185
Hold on, let me get my mill deck
(Had to take out 2cellar doors)

Encrust
Galvanic alchemist
Essence scatter
3 disperse
4 archeomancer
2 Jace phantasm
Index
2 voidweilder
2ghoulcallers bell
Mist raven
Mindeye drake
Tome scour
Mind sculpt
Dreadwaters
Codex shredder
Cancel
Paralyzing grasp
3 thought scour
Opportunity
Frightful delusion
3 vedalken entrancer
>>
>>50155273
It's time to stop buddy
Just give it a rest
>>
File: 1477113743163.png (168KB, 380x307px) Image search: [Google]
1477113743163.png
168KB, 380x307px
>>50155212
>Birthing Pod UNBAN
>Cloudpost UNBAN
>Sensei's Divining Top UNBAN

Please tell me youre joking
>>
>>50155293
I'm guessing that's no good either?
You probably don't want to see my zombie token deck.
>>
>>50155212
>Jace, the Mind Sculptor UNBAN
https://youtu.be/gYrslokS2Ac
>>
Is it worth building GW Hatebears? BW?
Bonus Question: Do the pieces translate well into Legacy DnT?
>>
Serious question:

Why do you guys play modern when the decks nearly cost the same as legacy decks?
>>
>>50155410
My 6 decks only cost me like 50 bucks.
>>
>>50155428
zombie infestation and cascade swan assault doesn't count

what the fuck am I saying? those decks are fun as hell
>>
>>50155449
I was talking about
>>50154920

I've gotten all my cards from 3 pre built decks, a fat pack and like 5 boosters.
>>
>>50155478
If you're just getting into magic I'd highly suggest to not spend money on pre built decks or cracking packs man.

Hop onto xmage and try out a bunch of different decks across the various archetypes.

Whenever you find something that you enjoy playing plan out a budget version (plenty of deck ideas on the interbutts) and slowly piece together the deck over time.

Speaking of xmage... Why the hell doesn't /tg/ use this glorious program?
>>
>>50155526
A think a decent amount of people do
We should start an inhouse league though, give us something to do other than post shitty custom cards, bitch about decks or shitpost
It could be hella fun
>>
What's the best way to play magic online?
MtGO? Duels? Xmage?
>>
>>50155356
>GW
No.
>BW
Not really
>Bonus
Just the Thalia's.
>>
>>50155410
Look up shardless bug and check out the price of that. Yeah I play one of, probably the most, expensive decks in modern. But that's peanuts to shardless bug. And if I wanted to go into legacy that's the deck I'd run
>>
>>50155410
>not playing 10 proxy vintage
You're missing out.
>>
how good is sultai midrange
>>
>>50155760
its not
>>
>>50155760
Shit compared to the other GBX decks
>>
>>50155760
I like it. It's lots of fun and has a lot of lines of play. You get to run some pretty obscene cards too so that's good
but it's pretty teir 2. It needs a Cathartic reunion power card to really bring it up. Unfortunately both shardless agent and baleful strix aren't in modern.
>>
>>50155795
I think when brewing sultai you should try and make a Uxx deck. You're never going be better than jund or junk.
>>
File: IMG_3630.jpg (32KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3630.jpg
32KB, 680x497px
>What are you playing?
Infect mostly, I also own burn, breachless valakut, affinity, bogles and 8whack

>What are you building?
I wouldn't say I'm heavily working towards it but I'm collecting cards for knightfall/some zoo variant. Also passively acquiring cards for some sort of blue red tempo deck, vary passively, I have some swiftspears, young pyromancers, vapor snags, rapid hybridizations, mana leaks, serum visions, spreading seas and I think that's it, I also have lighting bolts/gitprobes or anything i can move around from other decks.

What deck could I build into with what I listed?

>What are you hating?
Fucking jund and grixis control

Bloodmoon is dope, I play it
>>
>>50156404
Not him but sultai can be looked at as a gbx deck. Its just much more graveyard orientated, and focuses on areas outside the battlefield a lot more
>>
>>50155729
>Not playing 75 proxy Vintage
Support your store in other ways. Paying for Vintage is country-music gay.
>>
>>50151885
Blooming Defense and Larger than Life
>>
>>50155763
>>50155795
>>50155802
I kinda mainly just want to play those colors and use hooting mandrills, just not pay for Goyfs
>>
BRING BACK THE STACK FOR COMBAT DAMAGE
>>
>>50156622
Straight up, if you're playing sultai it's for one reason and one reason only.
You wanna jam it for V A L U E.
Abrupt decay or maelstrom pulse? If you liked playing it once you'll like to play it twice off snapcaster or flip Jace.
You get grim flamer who's best friends with the blue clowns and goyf. You jam bitterblossom cause its V A L U E in that package. You play your graveyard game so hard it'll make dredge blush. You make burning through hands with inquisitors seem fearless because serum visions helps his niggas out.
Hooting mandarins? Why? You get tasigur, zombie fish and logic know already.
If you want to play mandarins play rug delver
>>
>>50156789
Then why doesn't the deck put up results?
>>
>>50156841
At what point did I say it puts up results?
>>
>>50156853
I'm not accusing. Just asking why you think it doesn't perform.
>>
>>50156861
Bolt
>>
fuck tarmogoyf
>>
>>50156905
should have been 1GG tbqh
>>
>>50156910
that or GGB maybe
>>
>>50156905
>>50156910
>>50156922
Kys children
>>
>>50156922
nah fuck BGx
>>
>>50156929
fuck you

>>50156935
tru
>>
>>50156879
Bolt isn't even very relevant anymore. It doesn't deal with fuck all
>>
>>50156954
>STILL the most played card at the GP
>>
>>50156954
It's relevant man. 2 bolt 2 snap and they're down 12 life. Although just a bolt kills walkers, or closes out a game
>>
>>50156989
Who's playing blue?
>>
>>50157019
People who like to deny others fun.
>>
>>50151618
Not 12?
>>
>>50157196
>12
Fuck it, lets go for a full 16 rack with quest for the nihil stone
>>
How important is having Bolt in a Delver deck
>>
>>50157375
Yes
>>
>>50157375
Most important card after delver
>>
>>50157386
>>50157387
so it's not even worth trying an esper colored list? UR, Temur, Grixis, Jeskai or bust?
>>
>>50157459
In modern? yes
Outside of modern? yes
>>
>>50157459
Temur or bust if you ask me
>>
>>50157459
If you want to win, go Grixis.
>>
>>50157459
Drop the delvers and go full grixis control
I'm convinced it's not a meme deck and I have amazing meta prediction powers
>>
>>50157459
Jeskai isn't good. No tempo deck wants to play path
>>
>>50146655
>playing
Mono U Turns

>hating
The fact that half the modern players at my new lgs are piloting some form of burn

>moon
Perfectly fine by me; greedy manabases should be punished in some form. Also biased due to playing mono color.
>>
>>50157504
Can you use leatherback baloth or quiron dryad as "Goyfs" in temur delver? If so I'm down
>>
>>50157586
hooting mandrils is the poor man's version I suppose
>>
>>50157593
don't you run hooting mandrills and goyf in temur delver?
>>
>>50157619
There really isn't a replacement though
Go with Grixis anyway, black gives better tools and better delve cards
>>
>tfw scammed the government for money to buy trading cards
>>
>>50153276
>>50153483

Yeah BTL pretty much acts as the Dark Petition in TES or ANT in Legacy to grab the key card. I have played the build myself and while mana base is teeny bit more painful but you're still fairly consistent.
>>
>>50155212

>Blazing Shoal UNBAN

Stopped reading there. This is clearly a stupid not well thought out analysis. Of all the cards that should stay banned this is the number 1 card in the list.
>>
File: consider the following.png (1MB, 636x777px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
1MB, 636x777px
>>50159060
To be fair, there aren't a whole lot of decks that could run it efficiently. Lists are tight, mana curves are low and flex slots are precious at the moment. Without changing lists too much, it'd pretty much be Infect that could make full use of Blazing Shoal (pitch it with Become Immense anyone).

I'm not saying it isn't ban worthy, because it is. But I would also like to see the decks built for it. They'd be interesting lists, to say the least.
>>
>>50157196
nah man,you actually need discard
>>
>>50159485
you can double strike with any deck
>>
>>50159485
>pitch become immence
>pich a green card
>to a card that ask red
>for a deck with busted,fast kills
>for more busted, faster kills
At this point it would be healthier and more interesting to unban eye of ugin
>>
>>50155245
Hopefully not
>>
>>50155410
Because people around me actually play modem
>>
File: 1478112088908.png (580KB, 822x666px) Image search: [Google]
1478112088908.png
580KB, 822x666px
>>50159742
Boy, do i feel retarded. I make mistakes like that all the time.

>green Sun's Zenith for Thunderbreak Regeant.
>Merchant Scroll for Blasphemous Act
>Delver trigger, reveal Delver, flip Delver

But everyone makes mistakes in this game. It's a lot to keep track of and keep in your head at once.
>>
>>50155410
Because that's just straight-up not true. It's true that modern has become really expensive but blue duals cost more than some modern decks in their entirety
>>
>>50159485
If you want to see blazing shoal lists then just read tournament reports from before it was banned. No need to kill the format for your dumb little experiment
>>
>>50147838
idubbbz was top tier in his old vids
hes mediocre now though
>>
Beginner here: whats a decent Black/white Black/blue Deck? key-cards etc
>>
>>50155212
Dread Return UNBAN
Glimpse of Nature UNBAN
Rite of Flame UNBAN
Stoneforge Mystic UNBAN

Bloodbraid Elf UNBAN only if JtMS gets unbanned
Jace, the Mind Sculptor UNBAN only if BBE gets unbanned

Green Sun's Zenith UNBAN only if Become Immense gets banned
Preordain UNBAN only if Become Immense gets banned
>>
>>50155802
>bug midrange
>tier 2
???
>>
>>50159485

You want to know where Blazing Shoal will go? It will be turn 2 kills with Infect. Seriously that's why it was banned. You want to know what they pitched with it? Progenitus.
>>
>>50160031

B/W Eldrazi aka Modern Death and Taxes.
>>
>>50160031
b/w death and taxes
tezzarator

if you're okay with splashes the best ones are junk and grixis delver
>>
>>50155212
>top and post have been freed
RISE MODERN 12 POST
>>
>>50160045
>glimpse UNBAN
All hail the turn 3 elfbawl combo
>>
>>50160320
I don't even care, the turn 4 rule is a total meme and there is so much removal in modern
>>
>What are you playing?

Junk Knight tribal. It's pretty powerful and super underrated

>What are you building?
I'd really like to make trinisphere work but there's just no way to get the mana safely enough with low enough variance to play it turn 1. If you want it with mox opal you're running a bunch of 0 cost artifacts which are a nonbo, and if you want SSG you need two. It's just a tough life.

>What are you hating?
Not too much right now. Basically eldrazi right now because I'm playing a GBx variant and fuck t2 TKS which still happens with regularity and spirits just because I hate getting my spell quelled
>>
>Makes Perfect Sense Tier
Preordain UNBAN
Rite of Flame UNBAN
Splinter Twin UNBAN
Stoneforge Mystic UNBAN

>Arguable Tier
Bloodbraid Elf UNBAN
Dread Return UNBAN
Green Sun's Zenith UNBAN
Seething Song UNBAN
Glimpse of Nature UNBAN

>I never played Legacy Tier
Deathrite Shaman UNBAN
Hypergenesis UNBAN
Punishing Fire UNBAN
Umezawa's Jitte UNBAN

>I just want to play control Tier
Jace, the Mind Sculptor UNBAN
Ponder UNBAN
Sensei's Divining Top UNBAN

>I am a complete idiot Tier
Birthing Pod UNBAN
Artifact land UNBAN
Dig Through Time UNBAN
Chrome Mox UNBAN
Cloudpost UNBAN
Dark Depths UNBAN
Summer Bloom UNBAN

>Poor bait Tier
Blazing Shoal UNBAN
Eye of Ugin UNBAN
Skullclamp UNBAN

>Not even used as poor bait Tier
Mental Misstep UNBAN
Treasure Cruise UNBAN

>I saw Eggs winning the pro tour and thought it was cool but never experienced the true suffering that is sitting opposite of it Tier
Second Sunrise UNBAN
>>
>>50160444
Chrome mox is probably the safest unban on the list. Prove me wrong.

Also, unban top and jace, ban counterbalance.
>>
>>50160444
Glimpse, dread return and green sun Zenith are only "arguable" if you're retarded
>>
>>50160444
>I am a complete idiot Tier
>Birthing Pod UNBAN
>Chrome Mox UNBAN
>Summer Bloom UNBAN

Cmon, Im a control shitter too, but really now.
>>
>>50160444
unban chrome mox and land destruction is back
>>
>>50160938
>back
it was never there and it never will be
>>
>results from major tournament show modern is fairly diverse and there are meta decks people didn't think of
>next ban list change possible is January
>>>>>>>>>let's post banlist spec now guiz<<<<<<<<<<
>>
>>50161098
>blue decks post good results again
>everyone talks about diversity
>white still worst color in modern
SFM UNBAN WHEN! MOM WHEN!
>>
>400$ deck wins GP
how buttblasted are the jund cucks right now?
>>
>>50161174
Some guy was complaining about bloodmoon and saying it should be banned from modern for being unfair the other day, so fairly annoyed I'd say.
>>
>>50161185
almost makes me want to play start building rg ponza
>>
>>50161139
Mom never, card is way too good
>>
File: Image1.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image1.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>50161085
i play it in modern , affinity is the only bad matchup right now
>>
>>50161174
>400
It was 230 last time I saw it
>>
>>50161367
Post list.

Do you Keep Smash to Smithereens and Shatterstorm in your side? Seems like those would be perfect for your game plan if Affinity is so rough.
>>
>>50161367
yeah man, i totally believe a deck with no results that nobody plays has only 1 bad MU. it's going to be tier 1 soon, am I right?
>>
>It's a turn 2 blood moon when you're on tron
>>
>>50162891
Lmao tron baby
>>
who /8whack/ here?

is there any other way to play Goblins in this format?

inb4 Atarka's Command
>>
>>50160320

Funny thing is without Gaea's Cradle or Natural Order, Glimpse doesn't actually make current Elf decks in Modern as crazy good as the Legacy version. The fact that at the time Glimpse was banned GSZ was still legal at the time but now that GSZ is banned if Glimpse was unbanned Elf can still combo out but not as fast as it was pre Glimpse+GSZ times.
>>
>>50161510

>It was 230 last time I saw it

Was the last time you saw it before or after it won the GP?
>>
>>50152374
When do you want to cast it? There is always a better option than it.
>>
>>50163931
there's also no Quirion Ranger, Birchlore Ranger, Wirewood Symbiote or Deathrite Shaman making your splash color free. You can still go nuts with Glimpse + Heritage + double Nettle but that's a four card combo that does not win the game

Glimpse unban wouldn't even make Elves tier 1
>>
>>50164016

That's pretty much it. I play alot of Elves myself in both Modern and Legacy and for an Elf deck to go full combo in Modern they'd have to use Cloudstone Curio to really abuse the engine and even then most results have shown that the Cloudstone Curio version of Elves are not as strong or Explosive as CoCo/Chord variants. Curio Elves is fun but not as resilient.

I can't see any other deck that gets improved or sprouts up into Tier 1/Tier 2 status as a result of Glimpse of Nature being unbanned.
>>
>>50164086
I can see it helping bushwacker zoo with that one creature that gives rg mana
>>
>playing fog as a fun deck
>blessed alliance is pulling serious weight. Basically solving my biggest problem decks save for tron
Do I slap a few isochron sceptre in the deck? Does it make me retard to try? It would make late game inevitable wins for me supposing they don't have preboard artifact removal and I do run academy ruins already
>>
>>50164122

Burning Tree Emissary? It's ok in combination with the Glimpse but what 4 cards would you cut in Naya Zoo or 8wack to put in a Glimpse and what matchups would it improve? Deck doesn't really make too much mana to get much out of it.

One POSSIBLE side effect I can see is that playing Glimpse MAY allow an Elf Storm variant playing Grapeshot as another wincon but without any prismatic mana that Deathrite Shaman could add to splash that R it seems difficult. Maybe you see RG Elves show up as a result as opposed or alongside to the current versions of Mono G, G/W, G/B and Junk colours.
>>
>>50164317

Isochron Sceptre is a nice card but Abrupt Decay being around sort of makes it a liability.
>>
>>50162891
I laugh and proceed to play Oblivion Stone.
>>
>>50164352
That's what I thought. It'd be a nice add on but my concern is the potential for it to be a stupid win-more card when all I want are lose-less cards. It's kind of funny because the redundancy of my deck makes it so only my win con matters and doesn't want to be decayed. I've trudged through Liliana ulting on me >2 times in single games.
>>
>>50164354
>*I telephone directly behind you and unsheath a mana leak*
Pssshhh...no offense kidd....
>>
>>50164352

Interestingly enough, isochron could find a home through abrupt decays because they're basically at an all time low since they do fuck all vs eldrazi. The real concern is that stony silence is as popular as ever
>>
>>50162891
>tfw every modern deck I play has fuck all basic lands

I play affinity, suicide zoo and G/R tron and christ I despise blood moon. but not to the point where I would want it banned.
>>
anything good in black/red/white?
>>
>>50146887
>Could Bant Delver work well? Assuming without Goyfs or Snaps and just at an FNM level

The nice thing with Bant is you get Noble Hierarch, which does a shitty but not completely awful replacement of Deathrite Shaman in Legacy.

You'd need Monastery Mentor without a doubt.
>>
>>50165109

Yeah there's just way too much global artifact hate/sweepers in Modern for it to really lock anyone down.
>>
File: TBYms.jpg (104KB, 1308x764px) Image search: [Google]
TBYms.jpg
104KB, 1308x764px
Is mardu nahiri a good comp. modern deck?
>>
>>50165361
Might as well run jeskai nahiri.
>>
>>50165399
jeskai nahiri is boring as fuck
>>
File: blackremoval.png (1MB, 1108x616px) Image search: [Google]
blackremoval.png
1MB, 1108x616px
>What are you playing?
IzzBlitz
>What are you building?
Mono-Black
>What are you hating?
Jund
>How do you feel about Blood Moon...
Hate any of those lockout cards (Leyline of Sanctity, Painter's Servant, Iona, Bridge, Chalice...)

What's the best removal for mono black? Victim of Night seems really underrated but straight up Murder seems good.
>>
>>50165472
I like Victim of NIght and Grasp of Darkness the most personally
>>
>>50165472
>best black removal
Geth's Verdict or Barter in Blood.
>>
>>50165282
>namefag has retarded opinions
Pls go back to your legacy circlejerk general
>>
>>50165472

>What's the best removal for mono black?
murderous cut
dismember
>>
>>50165361
it's really good against creature aggro and decent against midrange. folds to combo and tron
>>
>>50165472
Mono black sucks balls, don't bother.
>>
best mono colored deck?
>>
File: skred banner nate.jpg (468KB, 1100x275px) Image search: [Google]
skred banner nate.jpg
468KB, 1100x275px
>>50167000
>>
>>50167017
meme deck
>>
>>50167000
merfolk for aggro
skreddit for control
>>
>>50151718
Jesus people like you need to be shot.

Tron's fucking gameplan isn't to control the board, the wipes are plan B when they can't t3 Karn/Wurmcoil. The deck wants to ramp into an early, efficient threat, then chain threats back to back, if it can't do that it controls the board until it can. If that's not midrange enough for you then death is the only relief anyone will ever get from your stupid ass.
>>
>>50155619
Forge.
>>
>>50167231
I have never seen someone be so wrong before. Tron is as midrange as 12-post is
>>
>>50167000
merfolk
>>
>>50147866
4 Lantern of Insight
4 Codex Shredder
3 Ghoulcaller's Bell
1 Pyxis of Pandemonium
4 Ensnaring Bridge
2 Spellskite
3 Pithing Needle
3 Glint-Nest Crane
2 Thoughtseize
2 Inquisition of Kozilek
3 Collective Brutality
2 Surgical Extraction
4 Ancient Stirrings
2 Abrupt Decay
4 Mox Opal
4 Glimmervoid
2 Blooming Marsh
2 Darkslick Shores
1 Botanical Sanctum
2 Inventors' Fair
2 Ghost Quarter
2 Academy Ruins
1 Forest
1 Swamp
SB: 3 Welding Jar
SB: 1 Quiet Disrepair
SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
SB: 2 Grafdigger's Cage
SB: 3 Pyroclasm
SB: 1 Pithing Needle
SB: 3 Leyline of Sanctity
>>
>>50167000
>>50167000
Green has stompy and devotion
Blue has Delver-Snap-Thing and Merfolk, and mono u tron.
White has soulsisters
Red has Skred
Black has fuck all.
Though if it counts than Eldrazi preban.
merfolk is the best. All the others are kinda tied.
>>
>>50167351
not him but
>implying decks cant be some hybrid of archtypes like how twin was combo-control, or shardless bug is midrange-control
>>
>>50165472
Devour in Shadow
>>
>>50167760
Sure, but tron is not a midrange deck. Period.
>>
>>50166966
Not him but Mono black rack looks like fun, if only to be annoying.
>>
>>50167907
Im on the fence. Personally, I've always been told midrange is a deck that uses cheap removal to establish board control in the early game than slam threats that are too big to deal with easily. Follow it up with running enough big threats that late game it's inevitable their draws will be just better than, say, an aggro deck.
Tron fits that.
That said, tron also uses the closest thing to a tutor it can, and attempts to have strong mana acceleration, which is classifiable as a combo deck. However; Combo tries to end the game the turn it combos, or extremely close to it, as it will use basically all the resources it has to establish the combo.
It's most certainly a ramp deck, but ramp is typically under the umbrella of tempo.
So realistically, if I had to, I'd call it a tempo-midrange deck. Because of how it functions. Though people will not think of it as that because tempo usually has delver come to mind and midrange seems like a jund kind of thing
>>50167918
played against it. That deck tries desperately to be just medium. It's pretty bad man.
>>
>>50168014
I should also clarify the cheap removal. While Oblivion stone and karn seem expensive, in this deck they're essentially 3 mana. Karn is the tron equivalent to a maelstrom pulse and o stone
>>
>>50168014
No, it's a combo/control deck
Pyro/Return aren't tempo, they're there to stay alive, not really gain board presence or tempo
>>
>>50168014
how can one poster be so wrong about tron?
>closest thing to a tutor it can
tron plays upwards of 8 tutors. what do you mean "closest"

tempo is also the two least correct archetypes. tron has inevitability in most every matchup. its game plan is not tempo
when a literal third of the cards in your deck are devoted to assembling a specific combination of cards that create a gigantic advantage together and nothing apart, i fail to see how that is not combo
>>
File: Image.png (121KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
121KB, 223x311px
Why exactly is Ultimate Price not used more? I mean, I get it's not Terminate, but Price is easier to cast, and still hits a crap top of relevant creatures. Is there just better removal options? Or is it a hidden gem?

For the record, I'm brewing up BR 'Control' just to see how it does and I'm looking at options.
>>
>>50168137
As far as 1B removal goes, Go for the Throat is the best. This card sucks
>>
>>50168137
It's not abrupt decay

there's also better alternatives than that card
>>
>>50168134
>tempo is also the two least
*the least correct archetype

>>50168137
does nothing against affinity and eldrazi, misses threats in a lot of other decks
>>
>>50168137
>'m brewing up BR 'Control'
Been there done that. It doesn't work, feel free to post your list tho.
>>
>>50168163
But does it really? What multicolored creatures are being played right now? I'm not advocating running 4. But I think 2 in the 75 can do well.

>>50168186
Ooh, didn't think about that. I mean, it's not like I have a lack of options for those decks.

>>50168198
I'll probably have a list tomorrow. It's really for fnm because im,a little bored playing Burn and Infect.
>>
File: 1451263104009.jpg (66KB, 399x382px)
1451263104009.jpg
66KB, 399x382px
>play lantern control on cockatrice
>everybody just leaves or kicks me as soon as they see what deck I'm playing
>never actually improve this way
>>
>>50168223
Kek I remember hearing people at tournaments telling their opponents to concede after they got locked
>>
>>50168223
To be fair once the lock is in place you're fucked unless for some ungodly reason you fuck up.
>>
>>50168223
i'd offer to play you but i have too much homework and don't like playing meta decks
i feel like i'm the only one who likes lantern games

also i usually get to finish game 1 and then the opponent kicks or quits which still sucks because postboard games are important
>>
There's no standard thread, so I suppose this is tangentially related to this one. I feel like Fabricate 1/1s and vehicles have some synergy but I haven't quite cracked the code. It also seems like running some vehicles segues nicely into dropping free colossi. I might be stretching in too many directions but I feel like there's something here. I'm just getting back into magic after like 10 years so I may be retarded.
>>
>>50168380
Standard is aids.
>>
>>50168380
angel of innovation as a splash in
>>
>>50168252
>latern control
>meta deck
>>
>>50168396
k
>>50168424
You mean angel of invention, anon?
>>
>>50168465
yeah whatever its called
if it's not in vehicles already it should be, cant believe nobody realized how good it was
>>
>>50168438
i guess "playing" is kind of ambiguous but i think it was logical for you to interpret that i don't like to USE meta decks, which is what i presume lantern anon wants to test against
>>
>>50155054
For one it's incredibly inconsistent. All of those one-ofs only drag the deck down because you'll have a very tough time getting the card you want to see because you only have one.

Similarly, the power level is just incredibly weak, even compared to other tribal deck. Look at something like Merfolk, arguably the most competitive tribal deck in Modern. They run 4 copies of 3 Merfolk lords (creatures that give +1/+1 to all creatures of their type) as well as three Phantasmal Images to copy their lords and then abuse Mutavault being all creature types to have a cheap, powerful beater that is immune to sorcery speed creature removal. Your deck is just a bunch of creatures with the same type and maybe on lord? It's simply not even in the same league.
>>
>>50167351
Negro, tron is an aggro-combo deck. It combos off to win quick with big creatures and protects threats with x for 1 removal while it builds up to the combo.
>>
How's Affinity doing as of november 8th 2016
>>
>>50168565
>tron is now aggro
the modern general never ceases to amuse
>>
>>50167739
Black has 8rack.
>>
>>50168574
aka fuck all
>>
>>50168573
Its shit like that that makes me come back here, thread after thread
>>
File: gftt.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
gftt.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>50165472
shitty art, great card for removal
>>
>>50168573
It leans heavier on combo than it does on aggro, you fucking mongoloid. What else do you call a deck that wants to have a game won on turn 3? Only decks that do that are aggro and combo. Or if the fact that it uses fatties and planeswalkers offends your sensibilities call it midrange combo. The only thing the deck is not is control.
>>
>>50168633
that's the strangest lightning bolt I've ever seen
>>
>been playing skred for months
>now that it has won a gp every one is hating on it and calling it a meme deck
suck my monored dick
>>
brewing UW spirits, do I run Geist of Saint Traft or Nebelgast Herald along with Spell queller as 3 drops?
>>
>>50168831
I don't get skred. To me it looks like a pile of shit. Where's the elegance?
>>
>>50168868
g e i s t
>>
>>50169203
It's actually pretty neat to look at imo. Has nice consistency with a few silver bullets to attack from different angles, main board hate for dredge that synergizes with the deck and can be cycled once redundant, hard to deal with threats and powerful, cheap answers.

What really excites me about the deck is the incremental card advantage, mindstone, relic and spell bomb all cycling after performing their roles or if they are unneeded in the match up, excess mana can be used to clean draws with scrying sheets, and there often is excess mana due to mindstone and due to the removal being so efficient.
>>
What aggro deck should I build? Open to all suggestions, was looking at Affinity and Naya Burn.
I was going to build into one of those or maybe play some lower tier aggro that might be more fun
>>
>>50169628
Burn
Affinity is great but it's easier to hate out
>>
>>50169628
Burn. Affinity has no crossover with cards if you get bored
>>
>>50169657
>>50169949
thoughts on the "pump a kiln fiend and win in one turn" decks?
>>
>>50169982
Depends on the build
semi legit but I like Death's shadow more
>>
>>50169982
A one trick pony that gets boring. I like options and multiple lines to attack from
>>
>>50169982
While Burn has moved away from the whole "don't play creatures, blank their removal" philosophy, it is still a highly burn-focused deck. It runs 16 creatures and Eidolon is essentially a burn spell.

Pump a Kiln Fiend just makes you all that much more vulnerable to removal whereas with Burn most of the time even if they shoot your creatures you're still doing fine.

If you had 4 other copies of Kiln Fiend (Nivix Cyclops doesn't count) available it would be a different story. But even then if that is your strategy you might as well just play Infect.
>>
>>50169628

Dredge.

CoCo Elves too, but its more combo than aggro. If you want something spicy, you can go CoCo Allies. It has degenerate synergy due to Kabira Evangel, Akoum Battlesinger and Reckless Bushwhacker that just steals games
>>
best not-bant color eldrazi decks?
>>
>>50170170

Eldrazi and Taxes
BR
>>
>>50168223
Look man, I love the idea behind the deck but it's basically a deck where one person plays it so no one can have any fun.
>>
>American economy crashes
>Aussie dollar is favourable in comparison
>I can finally buy my Scalding Tarns

Please let it be, gods of /teegee/
>>
What deck can I build to show my support for trump? Jeskai Aggro?
>>
File: also on pc.jpg (67KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
also on pc.jpg
67KB, 421x421px
>>50170140
>Reckless Bushwhacker
>CoCo
>>
>>50168752

That's not what an aggro-control deck is anon.

Aggro-control decks are decks that can fluctuate between playing both roles but worse at those roles than other dedicated roles of said decks. Aggro-control decks are worse at aggro than other aggro decks and worse at control at other control decks but their dynamic builds allow you to adopt different gameplans based on the meta.
>>
>>50170388
you play uwr nahiri because she made america great again.
>>
>>50170868
>white
>blue-collar metalworker
>can summon an ancient god to destroy her enemies
would wife/10
>>
>>50170756
I said aggro-combo.
>>
I've started ad nauseum but idk if ima bother finish that. Considering Ponza, is that deck in an OK place? Looks fun.
>>
>>50170921

Well in that case aggro-combo is not actually a decktype because aggro decks usually play in the "fair" category and Tron is more about playing in the "unfair" category usually by having ridiculous mana by turn 3 onwards than is possible for most other decks. However based on your reasoning and logic explained that would put Tron into the archetype of a Control-combo deck. By this I mean that the deck can probably have you locked out on turn 3 but has no problem playing turn 10+ games. I mean I personally I put current RG Tron into more of a Big Spell Combo deck than anything but both decktypes do have some overlap.
>>
>>50155149

I didn't know it's possible to fuck up spirits build this much
>>
>>50170947
Do you mean the RG deck with Bonfires?
>>
>>50171376
Yes. The land destruction dealio.
>>
>>50171030
Aggro combo is very much a deck type, decks like Infect that go fast but are weak to strong control fit in this category. I personally maintain that tron is a Midrange deck with combo elements, or Midrange-Combo. It wants its combo to play high value fatties quickly to overwhelm he enemy or chain them to grind the enemy out.
>>
>>50171913
Gotta love that cheap removal and hand disruption that tron runs. And all those early creatures that help build board advantage untill your opponent is ground out of the game. And that 4-6 mana curve topper that wins the game from pure value. Yep, that's RG Tron alright
>>
>>50171913

Aggro combo is not a decktype. What you're describing decks like Infect is Linear Aggro.

Tron is far from a Midrange deck and fills much more in the Big Spell and Control-Combo category. Midrange decks play "fair". Casting a 7-8 mana spell on turn 3 or turn 4 is not a definition of "fair" Magic and is most definitely not midrange. Tron is looking to assemble its combo piece of its three Urza lands, once it has those assembled it more or less wins the game 90% of the time. The entire structure of the deck is built upon looking to assemble those key combo pieces(the Tron lands)as fast and reliably as possible. When Tron is threatened by early aggression it looks to play sweepers like Pyroclasm to control the board until its key combo pieces can utilized to lock out the game.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.