[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, tg, Igive me your strangest magic systems. A long time ago,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1474135288860.jpg (21KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1474135288860.jpg
21KB, 321x322px
Hi, tg, Igive me your strangest magic systems. A long time ago, I saw a programming based magic system. Can anyone post it?
>>
Here's a magic system that will blow your socks off. All magic is just charlatans and applied psychology. Anything that exists, exists because of human effort.
>>
>>50143762
I bet you are SO much fun at parties.
>>
Magic is matrix manipulation where reality is only what we perceive it to be.

Reality is governed by consensus and you can literally change the world with enough shift in belief.
>>
>>50143747
Are you looking for fluff or crunch?
>>
Ars Magica is a goldmine for this.

Djinn-powered mind-control storytelling (as practiced by the Assassins), and assorted other Djinn-powered chicanery (Suhhar Sulayman, from The Cradle and the Crescent).

Singing hymns to invest powers in yourself like you'd invest powers in magic item (Hyperborean Hymnists, Ancient Magic).

Burning incense to repair stuff, make things fly, give people superhuman stats (Soqotran sorcerors, Rival Magic).

Ripping demons apart to take their powers for yourself (Goetic Ablating, Realms of Power: The Infernal).

An idea I had for RuneQuest 6th edition (now Mythras) was a society of necromancer-bards who learned the tales of the honoured ancestors by asking the ancestors themselves. Another I came up with for that system were shamans who used Strength and Charisma as their casting stats, because they command the spirits by shouting at them until they do what the shaman wants. Neither are particularly strange, but someone here might like the ideas.
>>
>>50146048
fuck off you fucking goddamned sjw. HUMAN EFFORT. HUMANITY FUCK YEAH.
>>
>>50146520
Bro. My man. Dude.

I can TASTE your try-hard-ness across the internet. Please consult a local counselor or therapist.
>>
>>50146618
I think he's being ironic senpai
>>
>>50146752
I truly hope so.
>>
>>50143747
The rune one that /tg/ made?
>>
File: Love.png (70KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Love.png
70KB, 1000x1000px
>>50146784
I remember that one

Whatever happened to it? The guy said he was going to push it into an actual system/setting.
>>
>>50146069
Wow what an entirely unexpected and interesting take on magic.
Wait no it's babby's first meme answer to the question.
>>
>>50146911
Oh, my mistake.

How about magic that requires memorizing special complex forms and understanding of a spell pattern... and then using it erases it from your mind.
>>
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/ultimateMagicWordsOfPower.html

>>50146911
Would not posting it really make this thread less shit?
Because it wouldn't, OP was already shit.
The only way to make it better is to contribute. Which you aren't doing.
>>
>>50146938
That is overly traditional, but I rather liked the odd spin that Terry Pratchett put on it. On the Disc, while minor magic can be done by proper understanding and manipulation of basic forces, most impressive and effective spells of any worthwhile power are actually alive, sentient expressions of change and action that have been codified and sealed inside spellbooks like prisoners in a cell. When a wizard memorises a spell, he is actually creating a miniature version of the specific sells prison within his mind, and then siphoning off a copy of the spell into his head, which he then releases at an opportune time of his choosing. This is why it ''erases'' itself from your memory - you never really ''knew'' the spell, you just knew how to contain it for a while, and now you've set it free.
>>
>>50146839
Really, what happened to this?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.