[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That DM Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: RAEG.jpg (57KB, 445x459px) Image search: [Google]
RAEG.jpg
57KB, 445x459px
>Start playing WFRPG game
>one is the DM's gf
>DM is a smug bastard
>DM's gf first try, has clearly some problema with the character sheet
>DM belittles her constantly, humiliates her, scoffs at her at every wuestion
>DM repeats things like "people have curiosity, you should've got interested and read the rulebook"
>gf actually says he forced her to play 'cause she didn't want to
>she actually breaks down crying and leaves
>He leaves as well and either forces or persuades her to join back the game

This is all in the first ten minutes of the game, making us all lose about one hour time and basically coercing a poor girl to play his stupid game

I don't even know these guys and I felt an unyelding rage about how he treated his girl. My gf is in the game too and she clearly said that if i ever talked to her like that she'd drop my ass instantly
>>
>>50143139
stop whiteknighting for some other guy's girl faggot
>>
File: Roman 1.png (360KB, 817x1628px) Image search: [Google]
Roman 1.png
360KB, 817x1628px
Obligatory.
>>
File: Roman 2.png (613KB, 695x2930px) Image search: [Google]
Roman 2.png
613KB, 695x2930px
>>50144708
>>
File: rare stand pepe.png (1MB, 905x701px) Image search: [Google]
rare stand pepe.png
1MB, 905x701px
>>50143139
Damn son. Better call the cops on them before he starts beating them where the bruises can be seen.

My ThatDM:
>ask DM how much backstory he wants
>"as much as you want my dude"
>write two pages, condence it to five paragraphs
>"that's not enough my dude"
>give him the two pages, says it's okay
>game starts with us being attacked by assassins
>everyone dies and gets handed out sheets with our "real" characters
>mfw
>>
>>50144769
Damn...that actually hurt me
>>
>>50144769
hahahhaha

i'd just leave
>>
File: 1477914499789.jpg (88KB, 430x457px) Image search: [Google]
1477914499789.jpg
88KB, 430x457px
>>50143139
>Be forever DM
>play a lot of dnd and RECON with some new guys
>one friend is in school 4 hours away and wants to commute every weekend to play
>whatever but I'm not dming every weekend
>Black Crusade gets brought up and starts with 3 people
>I get to play
>build a techpriest and deck him out to provide covering fire and deal with a lot of not combat
>everyone else is marines
>first game comes around and im the only one who read the book
>everyone looks to me when they ask if they can do something
>no one knows their shit
>ROLL FOR EVERYTHING
>roll to see if we ask nice enough
>roll to see an air vent
>roll to see if I notice a terminal right in front of me
>roll to not get scared of another player after he psykers something
>roll
>roll
>ROLL
>not even rolling the skill were rolling a base stat
>new gm starts adding more players
>no one knows what they are doing
>no one cares and is on their phone
>no one read the book
>gm tells us what we do and how
>we just roll
>>
File: IMG_7039.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7039.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>College board game club starts playing D&D campaign
>Pretty good, but there's a That Guy
>Everyone wants to play constantly, so start 4 more campaigns
>One I get roped into is DM'ed by That Guy
>It's Lost Mines of Phandelver
>He's played D&D a ton but can't DM worth anything
>At the end of 2nd session he throws a wish in after I'd left for the night, comrades wish we were level 20
>immediate fear, he's the DM that wants his players to brutally die
>instead of continuing any sort of narrative, we teleport into some random forest
>Some other dude gets a PC with Level 20, 30 strength, and a cavalcade of magic items
>He gives us stuff, our sorcerer gets Wand of Orcus, fails save, dies
>Ragequits before I can try to resurrect him as a Cleric with none of the components for high level spells
>After that, he pulls out a Deck of Many Things
>I commit honorable suicide to end the campaign, call drawing 9 cards and get the Donjon by the third
>>
File: 1475921478203.jpg (49KB, 352x509px) Image search: [Google]
1475921478203.jpg
49KB, 352x509px
>>50145098
>always speends 5 minutes describing something pointless like how the terminal browser looks
>"anon is standing guard watching the hall. You feel the bloodlust and hate coming from him."
>me "Im just standing there. More cold and impatient"
>"well, you stand there proud of your kills but ready for the next round of combat"
>me "Im trying to play a cold, goal based marine with hopes of captaining a starship"
>"okay, you stand there waiting eager for the next fight"
>more rolling
>me "I headed out for a smoke"
>friend comes out with me
>him "your a better dm than a player"
>finish smoke and head back inside
>still rolling loot after 7 minutes
>next combat and every one after I do nothing because gm.
>score a critical, but the dude dodges
>be at 2 wounds after facing a guardsmen
>"but they're from the inquisition lol you take another wound"
>>
>>50145382
In my rage I forget that my tech preist had died because he didntknow how to hold on to a zip line.
>>
>>50144937
We did. He's not allowed to DM ever again.
>>
File: SleepDeprivedGM&lolis.png (461KB, 1810x2378px) Image search: [Google]
SleepDeprivedGM&lolis.png
461KB, 1810x2378px
>>50144769
Did you play with that GM before?
>>
>>50146777
Yeah, but not with him on the GMs chair. He was a good player, but that stunt made us all evry sour of the idea of him ever getting the reigns again.
>>
>>50143139

>Be new to group
>And new to system the group likes
>Trying to generate a character
>Have little idea what I'm doing, and being walked through by a different player.
>It's this weird/neat hybrid roll and point buy system, you basically make one roll, which tells you how many overall points you get and how much you can put in as a maximum to any one stat; the more points you get, the less the max is.
>I get a guy who is geared towards a jack of all trades sort of setup, and I start scribbling some stats down.
>Veteran player tells me I should put in a bit more into perception, maybe ding willpower and/or endurance a bit to get there. Ambushes are apparently deadly in this game and GM likes to have relatively low powered enemies dug in deep and hitting from the rear and all.
>He overhears this.
>Turns a weird shade of purple and starts literally shaking.
>How can you do this, he half hisses, half chokes out to the other guy, then starts shouting METAGAMING! METAGAMING! at the top of his lungs before stepping out of the room for several minutes, and then coming back and acting as if nothing had happened.

I've yet to actually play with him, and several guys I trust assure me he's a good GM, but that was something of a red flag.
>>
>>50144769
I'd strike him down with all my hatred.
That shit is intoleratable.
>>50143139
This guy's a huge tool, but his GF should just tell him no. If she can't, there are bigger problems.
>>
>>50147276
>Turns a weird shade of purple and starts literally shaking.
kek

a DMs GF I had was like this. she'd start yelling if you helped people out that were new with the system and didn't understand the rules, and would go red if someone revealed something about their character as a player. our backgrounds had to be super secret by her standards. she actually hit the DM when he mentioned something about her character. crazy unemployed bitch with too much time on her hands.
>>
>>50143139
She's not gonna have sex with you dude.
>>
>>50144769
>Cool
>>LEAVES
Do not stand for ass hattery, walk away and find something more productive and fun to do
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.