[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - Focus On Foci

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 51

File: Warden.jpg (408KB, 1505x1745px) Image search: [Google]
Warden.jpg
408KB, 1505x1745px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to United Talismongers Association Alchenet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>50107588
>MTV_Lodges.trid
>Harvesting_Reagents.sim
>Hermetic_How_To.pdf
>Heal_Alchemical.fmla

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 3463 (77% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'I got the dragon heartstring, now what?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running MagicFingersInYourFunBox.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

What's the best foci you've seen/used? I'm tired of bullshit like boring magic rings that are just used because they're easy to say you always have them on. There's never any flavour to them, no reason why the foci is that shape or how the design helps with the magic being used.

Pic related- my current hermetic mage, who understands magic through musical theory. His earrings (made of a wide variety of bone, wood, and metal) are Spell Shaping Foci, as he uses the sound of them vibrating and rubbing together to help him get more precise with his magic. He also has a native tom-tom as a Sustaining Foci; he drums out a beat that keeps on going, the rhythm keeping his spell going subconsciously.
>>
>>50138993
>What's the best foci you've seen/used?
I had a flask sealed with lead. Not sure what was inside, and it was a force 3 power focus so I wasn't exactly in the mood to take it apart to check.
>>
>>50139245
Never tried some sort of future spectrography to see through it?
>>
File: Healing Spell Foci.gif (3MB, 498x372px) Image search: [Google]
Healing Spell Foci.gif
3MB, 498x372px
Living Foci Best Foci
>>
I was just reading over how Changeling characters work in "Run Faster" and i can't wrap my head around it.

Am I paying Karma for this or are the negative qualities balancing it out? Is it something completely different?
>>
>>50139440
Living Foci? What book is that in?
>>
>>50139670
You pay the initial karma cost of your type of SURGE (be it I, II, or III)
Then you either randomly select, or select, you positive and negative SURGE traits, which must balance each other out (with 1 karma leeway so you could have 7 positive karma worth of traits and 6 negative), with a maximum karma limit on positive/negative traits equal to 30 (so at max you can have 30 karma worth of positive traits, and 30 worth of negative traits)
You pay the initial cost, everything else just needs to balance out.
>>
>>50139733
I get it now. I guess I'll go for a SURGE III to make me as snowflake as possible.
>>
>>50139774
That's generally what people go for considering the others are random.
Make sure your GM is okay with SURGE though and understand what it entails, since you're going to be exceptionally memorable and take extreme amounts of social penalties most likely.
>>
>>50139800
He's already said it's good but the more effort I put into this the less sure I am that it's a good idea for a character.

I guess there's only one way to find out though.
>>
Hey, guys, say I specced into resisting drain as an adept and spent 1.25 PP on the adrenaline boost power, could you not use the power each initiative pass to get +10 initiative and keep going forever? It does say "for the combat turn" but it says nothing about using it more than once.
Obviously any GM worth their salt would tell you to fuck off, but RAW, is it possible?
>>
>>50139827
If you're the guy from the last thread, your fursona or whatever (even playing a furry character because you are a furry) might not be the best idea, mostly because SURGE is fucking rare as shit in SR and everyone forever is going to remember you, in addition, you're gonna have to take up to 30 karma in negative qualities for 30 karma worth of (generally iffy) positive ones, and take huge social penalties because of how the "freaks" modifier works (in short, if you take certain qualities you get -1 for every social action, period, stacking)
>>
>>50139885
I want to try it and if it turns out awful I'll just make a new character. I'm really struggling to balance it all out but I can already see he's sure as shit not going to be great in a conversation.
>>
So I've got a guy in our group who's struggling with his money.

He doesn't want augmentations because his character is something of a purist, as well as he's the face so he wants his essence mechanically.

He's not magical, so he's not getting foci.

He's not a decker, so he's not saving for cyberdecks.

And lastly, he's not a rigger so he's not gonna get drones.

What else can he spend his money on?
>>
>>50140043
Being a "face" is kind of a secondary role, why not have him pick up physical infiltration as well?
Faces can generally function as social infiltrators, and he can invest his extra cash into B&E gear. Pheromones are basically standard face gear, and they boost your social limit so essence isn't a big issue. A purist is a fine character concept though, and pheromones are a 3 dicepool boost at most.
Worst comes to worst, just have him take resources E and pump his metatype for more edge, can never have enough edge.
>>
>>50140121
No no, you see. We've already started. I'm talking about the money we gain from jobs. He's piling on the nuyen with nothing to spend it on. So, long term wise, what sort of thing should he buy?

I should also mention that, like you said, face is his secondary role. He's primarily the most streetsam guy in our group, with the code of honor and all.
>>
>>50140043
The finer things in life.

Really, fuck him. Saying you don't want Augmentations because "muh essence" is like turning around to your teammates and saying "I don't fucking care about doing my job right".
>>
>>50140043
Spend it on credsticks that he uses to bribe people.

Give him larger dice pools on more corrupt fucker, like post people.

Other than that, you aren't putting him in situations where he burns his SINs. Make that shit track back to him.
>>
>>50140154
>primarily the streetsam guy
>has no augments
I'm assuming you mean the classical definition of Street Samurai, being that you mentioned the code of honour. If that's the case, why not spent it on improving his local community/hooding? Maybe ask the GM if he can convert nuyen to karma similar to how you can convert karma to nuyen in chargen.
>>
>>50140189
I'm the GM, and I was talking to him about that earlier. What kind of rate do you think is fair? And fixing up the hood is a great idea too, since we're playing a gang heavy session.
>>50140179
You know what, you're right. I'm not pushing SINs hard enough. I like the bribing idea.
>>50140158
I'm trying to convince him of this, but he just keeps resisting.
>>
>>50140158
>I'll take 'doesn't like playing characters as characters that sometimes have their motivations and views clash with what they need to do for a job, and instead min-maxes like a faggot' for 300, Alex.
>>
What book has info on shamanism? Also, is there like an index or something so I don't have to keep asking this question about every subject?
>>
>>50140340
Uhhh...

Street Grimoire, I guess.
>>
I had an idea for a former Ork go-ganger who got set up by a rival member and sent to prison. Is having the criminal record trait pretty much unworkable?
>>
>>50140340
The Shaman Tradition is in SR5, pg. 279. Other traditions can be found in Street Grimoire, starting on pg. 41.
>>
>>50140457
That's it? No mention of totems or things like that? Do I need to go back to 4E for more?
>>
>>50140294
That argument doesn't really work when your life, and the lives of your co-workers depends on your capacity, Omae.

At least, not beyond a little bit of character growth.
Which his character seems to have had a fair chance for.
>>
>>50140514
It seems to me totems are referred to now as mentor spirits, which is a 5 karma positive quality. Things like the bear, the wolf, the dragonslayer, stuff like that right? I've never played 4E so I don't quite know what you're talking about.

You may have to go back to 4E for some totem/mentor spirits, but a good chunk can be found in SR5, pg. 320, and a few in Street Grimoire pg. 199.
>>
>>50140514
Go back to 3e or earlier to really learn about sixth world shamanism.
>>
>>50140290

Also he can always buy shit for his team or nice items for bribe or "good will gifts".
>>
>>50140432
No
>>
>>50138993
>starting a thread with your own doodle
How arrogant.
>>
File: 1468697370177.gif (347KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1468697370177.gif
347KB, 500x375px
>>50119518
late but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leverage_(TV_series)
>>
>>50141311

Burn Notice works too.
>>
>>50141813
I prefer Burn Notice, fwiw. Leverage just felt hammed up in the wrong way for me.
>>
>>50140294
It doesn't matter what interesting nuances and mannerisms a dead character has.
>>
Hey /srg/; ive been asked to run a game of shadowrun; ive played in a 5e game (as a decker) and ran other games before but my players only have experience with 4e. What things should I be aware of in terms of expectations?

Furthermore, ive been contemplating setting it as a corperate HTR team rather then runners (to begin with at least), any ideas for expanding that feeling to the mechanics (ie larger focus of licences rather then availability)
>>
>>50141873

I wouldn't know, never watched Leverage. I have however been banned from playing a Face as a transparent Sam Axe knockoff...
>>
File: 1468690562105.jpg (99KB, 619x595px) Image search: [Google]
1468690562105.jpg
99KB, 619x595px
How do you like your Shadowrun, /srg/? More shiny plastic and carbon fiber corporate cyber future, or more grimy 80s hell world punk future? More pink mohawk, more black trenchcoat? Overt magic-as-a-science, or subtle spooky magic? The Matrix as just a series of tubes, or foundations and resonance being spooky supernatural shit? Essence just psychology we don't understand, or people literally trading their souls away for some cool tattoos and adjustable breast implants? More distinct storylines, or more monster-of-the-week type disconnected runs?

I've had people tell me Human Revolution was their ideal Shadowrun game, and I've had people go as far the other way as to tell me Saints Row 3 was their ideal Shadowrun game.
Shadowrun means something different to everyone, what's it mean to you guys?
>>
>>50141980
Are there no heroes left in man?

>>50142037
Grimy favelas, shiny plastic corporate towers, generations of corporate orphans, lawless zones beyond the cities with roaming toxic mutants, paracritters, bandits holed up in ghost towns attacking supply trains, etc.
Black trenchcoat where you have to (corporate arcologies & sanctums), pink mohawk where you can get away with it (usually industrial zones and further out).
Subtle magic unless you go looking for the crazy shit, magic-as-science when you dig into the better funded corporate R&D facilities or go up against wagemages.
Matrix as 'every device contains separate routing hardware to establish the matrix', technomancy as "what? gimme that damn crackpipe, nigs."
Essence as the glue that binds your physical and astral forms, tats and cosmetic modification distinct from Essence damaging replacements.
Storylines running in the background unless you chase them.
>>
>>50142037
Post-Cyberpunk, so less neon, nobody takes punks seriously, Corporations are more insidious threats than obvious ones.
Magic should be a semi-wild force which is very hard to contain, but you shouldn't shit all over Hermetics for trying (like Shadowrun canon does).
The Matrix is tech, Technomancers are fucked up bio-computers who can interface with this tech and rewrite their own biology. There's nothing mystical about their powers.
Essence is biology we don't understand.
I prefer connected runs for a distinct storyline.

Shadowrun to me is playing career criminals with a heart of if not Gold, then at least Silver. In a world that ideally would have been fantastic with all it has going for it, but is brought down constantly by selfishness and human greed. But which due to omnipresent surveillance, can't be as overtly assholish any more.

If there's one thing I dislike about Shadowrun, it's how Corps are always shat all over as tyrannical assholes who exist to ruin life for the everday man. It's so untrue. The fucking people over part is a byproduct of improving their own citizen's lives.
>>
>>50142037
I've always liked the evil below the surface shiny plastic future. Some dirty trash city areas where the SINless are likely to pile up add contrast to show the more obvious cost of the shiny plastic bits.
Black trenchcoat is the ideal, but every once in a while it's fun to cut loose and start a riot, blow up some NeoNET building in the process of stealing something super insignificant, or end a freeway car chase with the sam jumping off her bike and onto the skids of the rigger's stolen escape helicopter.
I prefer less magic, but where magic is used I like it to fit with the "feel" of the surroundings. Shiny plastic future, shiny science magic. On a run in the barrens, more shamanistic or subtle magic. As long as it's rare, I'm fine with it.
I personally like the idea that Technomancers are entirely mundane and have a completely scientific explanation that we just haven't found yet, but that their interactions with the matrix (and those of the Otaku before them) have actually created a supernatural force (resonance, resonance realms, sprites) in the matrix over time.
Essence can go either way. Maybe both ways. Probably both ways.
A good mix of storyline runs and filler runs is good to keep people entertained without burning them out, I find.

Saints Row 3 would make a pretty good over the top pink mohawk shadowrun game if you don't take it super seriously, yeah.
>>
so why can Ulysses coat and Sleeping Tiger stack in chummer if they are from different maker ?
>>
>>50139677
Its an Adept Power.

>>50140514
Mentor Spirits are the generic name. For a Shaman, a mentor spirit is their Totem. For a Catholic, their mentor spirit is their Patron Saint.

>>50143473
Chummer5a limitations. I assume Yekka hasn't gotten around to it.

>>50142037
Somewhere between Cyberpunk and Post-cyberpunk. I like to play up the distinction between the SINners and the SINless, and the punk/post-punk distinction helps. I play the setting more pink mohawk than most /srg/ folks do. I like my magic pretty commonplace. The Matrix was created as a series of tubes, but Resonance is Magic attempting to get its hands into a new world (the Matrix) it shares space with.
>>
>>50143473
Short version, I couldn't think of an easy way to implement it without doing something terrible like making categories for each manufacturer.
>>
>>50138437
>Alright before I start making my shitty fursona are unarmed adepts viable or will I need a weapon? I don't want to find out after making him that he's unplayable.
Unarmed adepts are only really viable if you're willing to use magical brass knuckles, or if your GM is willing to let you tattoo up your meat fists as Weapon Foci. As if the damage difference wasn't a big enough problem, there's a massive, MASSIVE dice pool size difference for armed vs unarmed adepts, due to weapon foci being a thing.

On top of that, 'ware makes you objective better at unarmed combat. You're going to want to look at Bone Density Augmentation/Bone Lacing and Striking Calluses - a combination therein can get you +5 damage to your unarmed (on top of other bonuses) which is well worth the hit to Essence if you're playing an unarmed character.
>>
>>50138993
>What's the best foci you've seen/used?
Focus. Foci is plural, focus is singular.
>>
>>50143903
>or if your GM is willing to let you tattoo up your meat fists as Weapon Foci
Which is 100% RAW as of Street Grimoire.
>>
>>50140043
>What else can he spend his money on?
Buying a permanent High or higher lifestyle.

Buying a variety of high-end outfits.

Buying a really nice car.

Offering bribes.

Making new Contacts during down time that can be tapped for useful effects in play.
>>
>>50140043
>What else can he spend his money on?
Slap him until he buys Tailored Pheromones.

Face isn't even a full archetype. Doubly so for a Face that won't even take social 'ware.

What an awful shit.
>>
>>50141873
I loved both. Leverage was fantastic - especially the earlier seasons - and had real character growth and change. Burn Notice was spy/criminal/vigilante MacGuyver. Both are essential shows about Shadowrun characters going Hooding.
>>
>>50142037
Grimy 80s retrotrash, pink mohawk, with subtle spookums. A matrix where secrets/uncertainty, rather than wizard shit, define its dark corners. Essence as a game abstraction only. One or two distinct main storylines, with each player character having their own personal plot threads complicating the main plot and leading to side runs.
>>
>>50143939
>Which is 100% RAW as of Street Grimoire.
Oh, for sure. Street Grimoire explicitly spells out the fact that any artificer with Tattoo Magic can give you magical murder-hands.

But that doesn't mean his GM will necessarily allow it. People get an idea of how things - like foci - work in their heads, and I've known people who ban tattoo foci because it conflicts with their idea of foci too much, especially since it's a non-Core option.
>>
If you want to be a hand to hand combat guy but not an adept is it better to go to bio route or the Cyber group?
>>
>>50144074
Bone Density and Bone Lacing offer the same amount of damage bonus at maximum rating. Density has the advantage of being largely undetectable, but Bone Lacing has 2 more dice. Add Striking Callouses and Muscle 'ware for additional damage, of course.

I would also include a Shock Hand for the clean stun damage option, as well.
>>
>>50144074
A mix of both really.
Titanium bone lacing is better than bone density because it gives you in addition to +3 soak dice and melee characters should be non-squishy, but for most other things you want bioware.
>>
>>50144074
If you need a budget option, one "Hand of God" cyberarm to swing a machete around does nicely.

Otherwise I'd say to mix both: Bioware to boost STR and AGI while being light on the Essence, Wired Reflexes and Reaction Enhancers to boost your init and dodge, and bone lacing to give you better ability to also take a hit when one lands on your skull.
>>
>>50144074
>If you want to be a hand to hand combat guy but not an adept is it better to go to bio route or the Cyber group?
If you want to be a hand-to-hand combat guy, you want Bone Density Augmentation/Bone Lacing and Striking Calluses, regardless of whether or not you're an Adept, unless you want to have cyber-spurs.

After that, you just get initiative, Strength, and Agility boosters, and the standard Pain Editor + Platelet Factories.
>>
>>50144222
Checked.

Also what about Orthoskin for reach?
>>
>>50144038
/shrug
2016+60 years; magitech marches on. It's also considered a "core supplement" by CGL, so fuck them.
>>
>>50144233
>Orthoskin for reach?
Nah, fuck that. To get shark skin, you're looking at a starting Essence cost of .5 just to get +1 Armor and +1 Reach. That's a relatively minor bonus for such a steep cost.

Pick up the Kick Attack martial arts maneuver if you want more reach.
>>
>>50144276
Well, I'm not the original guy but I'm currently making a character who I'm deliberately making skirt the essence line and also use almost exclusively bioware.
>>
>>50144291
Even then, that's still a super minor bonus for a fairly major Essence cost when you could be cramming something else in there instead. Regardless of how close to Essence 0 you're willing to get, there's still the opportunity cost of not getting the other thing.
>>
File: 5pOKIQx.jpg (1MB, 1800x1201px) Image search: [Google]
5pOKIQx.jpg
1MB, 1800x1201px
What's Singapore like?
>>
>>50144233
Orthoskin is only worth it if you can't get better gear/more armor on cyberlimbs and you still think you need more armor. It's not that efficient Essence-wise.
>>
>>50144351
It became a reverse megacorp. The entire citystate turned itself into a sovereign corporation in 2031. Everyone with a Singaporean SIN has an automatic share in the company - just like in the PCC. It's headed by a CEO and a board of directors.

Aside from that, very little canon is known about it. Mitsuhama controls most of Singapore's heavy industry, so there must be a major Yakuza presence there.

It's part of the Pacific Prosperity Group.

It's home to the world's third largest data haven.
>>
File: Elf Decker 3.jpg (296KB, 861x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Decker 3.jpg
296KB, 861x1280px
>>50141260
Not my art; a drawfag in /srg/ made it for me. Same person who did this one.
>>
Any suggestions where to look after air drones beside arsenal or this old drone?

I'm looking for something that able to carry a human from one building to another.
>>
File: 1475118956503.jpg (199KB, 700x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1475118956503.jpg
199KB, 700x1127px
>>50141964
>What things should I be aware of in terms of expectations?

Rule 0 is absolutely necessary. Make a document that you keep with you at the table- whenever you make a house rule because you can't figure out what the fuck CGL thinks the actual rule is, write down the houserule. Make sure the players have access to that document, so they can build correctly (for example, with Rigger Gunnery LOG vs. AGI).

Other than that, remind the players to keep an eye on their limits. I know a 4e player who got annoyed that they couldn't cheese their way into 20 successes a roll because they didn't realise their limit was 4.
>>
so say that I'm a rigger who have awakened due some reasons. Essence is 1,83 and i get 1 point in magic for free. What now ? What can i do with max of 2 magic due to dm fiat? Adept ? Techno? Fuck it all and just keep upgrading rigger stuff?
>>
File: Troll Fetishes.jpg (59KB, 564x821px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Fetishes.jpg
59KB, 564x821px
>>50143912
Either way works. OP didn't limit people to one focus per response, they can give a list of their best ones.
>>
>>50139843
Each combat turn is whenever you roll Initiative. When you subtract 10 and go around again, you are going through Initiative passes, not turns. So while you can use it every turn, you cannot chain it together for infinite passes.
>>
>>50146217
>Either way works.
No, it doesn't. He said 'what's' not 'what're.' It should have either been 'what're the best foci' or 'what's the best focus.'
>>
>>50146193
Did you Awaken or Emerge? They're different things, the former is magic the latter is technomancy.

If you did Awaken, I'd say Adept because you can spend that one Power Point on something useful. Post the sheet and I might be able to recommend specific power(s).
>>
>>50146193
There are some spells like reduce noise or Ignite that might help you in your day to day, but you might be better going adept to bump up some dice pools or to get like 1 nifty power.
>>
>>50146193
First off: your Maximum is 1 not 2 due to having less than 2 essence
Second: better save up that Karma to Initiate/Submerge or you'll stay at 1Mag/Res forever
>>
File: Deus4.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Deus4.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50146271
here it is
Dont pay any attention to the absurd amount of gear and vehicles,we are playing as military grade shadowrunners in space
>>
>>50146345
dm fiat that limit is rounded up and i can either become techno or adept
>>
>>50146437
In that case i'd say take Techno and just Focus on Sprites
>>
File: Elder_sign.jpg (6KB, 166x166px) Image search: [Google]
Elder_sign.jpg
6KB, 166x166px
Are there any "good" spirits from the Deep Metaplanes? Not understandable or human, but benevolent or at least benign?
>>
>>50146519
I can't think of any off the top of my head that are generally "good". "Good" in this case meaning "doesn't plan to immediately kill metahumans". Doesn't mean they don't exist out there, of course.
>>
>>50146420
>in space
You don't want to be Awakened in space.
>>
>>50146519
Yes, but those are the same ones who also don't give enough of a fuck about humanity to be accessible on Earth.
>>
>>50146818
Don't want to astrally perceive, at the very least.
>>
>>50146842
>Don't want to astrally perceive, at the very least.
No, you don't want to be Awakened either. Space - mechanically - has a Background Count of 'literally goddamn infinity.' Magic doesn't work there, full stop. Adept powers? Shut down. Foci? Deactivated. Casting spells? Impossible.

Sure, astral perception up there is even worse, in that it blasts your mind to smithereens, but being Awakened, at all, is somewhere between pointless and worthless in space.

If it's a space-based game, he should be a Technomancer, because at least Technomancy can still be used when outside of the manasphere.
>>
>>50146188
>Other than that, remind the players to keep an eye on their limits. I know a 4e player who got annoyed that they couldn't cheese their way into 20 successes a roll because they didn't realise their limit was 4.
Should have told him about using pre-edge.
>>
>>50146899
Wroooong. Background count only penalises you in tests which use your magic stat. Passive adept powers work, as those are innate.
>>
>>50146899
how to be even mildly effective though. The more I read on technomancer the more I think I wont be able to do jackshit. At least with going adept i can get +1 to 4 skills
>>
>>50147172
I'd go with an adept, yeah. It'll be useless until you get into a place with a manasphere, but it's less useless than essense 1 technomancy.
>>
>>50140290
For Nuyen to karma in 5e the rules for that is 2000 nuyen per karma up to 5 times. While "working for the people" it takes a full week of doing nothing but that. Of course you can fluff it or cange it to however you want.
>>
>>50147159
>Background count only penalises you in tests
Since fucking WHEN?
Because AFAIR it reduces your ATTRIBUTE, meaning a MAG 6 mage in a BC of 3 only has effectively MAG 3, and in a BC of 6 has MAG 0, meaning they are mundane
which is why Background count rules hurt Adepts FAR more than mages
Take a BC of 2
for a mage it means: two less dice in Spellcasting/Summoning tests, threshold for Physical damage two lower. But they can still cast almost as well as before
for an adept it means: two whole PP less, meaning that he needs to disable two PP worth of powers. For many adepts this hurts them significantly
>>
File: Capture.png (599KB, 883x649px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
599KB, 883x649px
>>50147316
I can't find anywhere in 5e core where it explains BGCs, so this is from SG.

IIRC, 4e drops the MAG rating by the BGC. You might just be mixing the two.
>>
>>50147172
You're in a situation were either will be literally useless.

A technomancer, though, can slap a Sprite in a piece of equipment to buff it.

Adept powers, on the other hand, shut down 100% completely in space. If most of your games don't actually happen in space, then Adept is by far the better choice. But if, as you said, you're space-based mercenaries? It's just worthless.
>>
>>50146899
Reminds me of one of my players. He wanted to be a void magician. Standard damages and all that such, but his method of initiation was to survive different distances from space.

Was pretty fun. After he was initiated twice, outer space qualified as having a compatible background count, so instead of frying him from lack of magic, it would burn him out from too much magic. His character died spectacularly later by casting a super charged Mana ball while on a shuttle carrying a special military kill squad.
>>
>>50147377
It says so in the first sentence of your screencap. Note the 'active adept powers', keyword 'active'.
>>
>>50147519
?????
All I did was post the rules from SG and clarify that the guy might have mixed 4e and 5e's BGC rules, I didn't say you were wrong.
>>
>>50147584
Sorry, I got confused because I though you were quoting me too. It's late.
>>
So... Do all devices on a PAN need to be running silent, or just the master device? Ihate this wireless shit.
>>
>>50147793
All of them need to be. The only thing the master device on a PAN does is let the slaves use its Firewall.
>>
>>50147803
Thanks.
>>
File: Croki.png (483KB, 903x615px) Image search: [Google]
Croki.png
483KB, 903x615px
>>50146519
Read Howling Shadows, determine how deep you want to get.
>>
File: 1462081094739.png (517KB, 904x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1462081094739.png
517KB, 904x1060px
>>50146988
I did, he just was buttblasted that he couldn't go around one-shotting Juggernauts with pistols every round.
>>
I'm building a campaign for my players and I would love a bit of critique or help with my general plot.

Neonet has had an unusual problem crop up in their latest lines of bioware. For some reason, the people who are getting these upgrades seem to be exhibiting far worse then normal essence loss symptoms, and worse still, increased addiction qualities for trying to get more modifications done to them. Some of the highly modded people are also showing increased signs of psychotic behaviour (the one guy they have fought already was making BTL chips of himself stalking random people at night, isolating them, then doing super edgy gruesome shit to them like pulling their bones out of their body without killing them kinda shit).

At the end of the most recent run one of my characters has decided to get cyber eyes, and I'm going to be having this problem crop up on them (pic related - The player will begin seeing this demon randomly watching him). It turns out a demon free-spirit has been trying to learn about technology, and has begun trying to fiddle with the production facilities.

Good place to start? I'm going to have the players learn about the problem first hand before they find out more from a conspiracy theorist voodoo talismonger. Kind of having a hard time figuring out how to keep the players invested from a financial stand point for this though. Thoughts?
>>
File: TwoDee Sprite.jpg (97KB, 507x675px) Image search: [Google]
TwoDee Sprite.jpg
97KB, 507x675px
>>50147172
Machine Sprites are a hell of a drug. Stick one of those into your drones/gun/car, you get good things. Plus, the techno book is coming out at some point, with special stuff for technoriggers, if the game is going to keep going for a while.
>>
File: Shadowrun image.jpg (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun image.jpg
141KB, 1920x1080px
>>50148422
forgot the pic
>>
File: Surgery Sombra.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Surgery Sombra.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>50148422
>>50148459
So what's actually happening? How does this spirit fuck with the biology to make these weird psychotic breaks happen, or with the materials to make the Essence loss worse? Why did it jump from bioware to cybereyes? How is it that the eyes (a technological thing, which as a rule don't play well with magic) can see this demon when the rest of the party, including any Awakened characters, cannot?

Answer that and give some detail on the party and I might know how to get the financial motivation working.
>>
File: fgeaf.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
fgeaf.png
7KB, 225x225px
>>50138993

> Be a mundane street sam/rigger in a party of adept sniper, adept melee, mage
> The party uses my cars for everything
> My contacts are always bailing the party out
> I'm the getaway driver
> I'm the primary puzzle solver
> I do the most legwork
> 75% of run supplies come out of my pocket
> Be told I'm useless
>>
File: Do What You Want Bob Ross.gif (922KB, 496x372px) Image search: [Google]
Do What You Want Bob Ross.gif
922KB, 496x372px
>>50148682
>party is 3/4 Awakened

>GM doesn't use background count rules

It's not your fault, anon. Hey. Look at me. It's not your fault.
>>
>>50148673
The original method it was using was cursing the material that was going into the bioware. I'm going with the idea that certain pieces of goat DNA were being used a basis to grow parts and then be transferred to patients. The demon was making the bioware essentially still have a tiniest bit of life force. Since these bioware pieces were more then just bioware, the bodies were also rejecting the curse (foreign life force, or whatever you want to call it), hence the slight bit of extra essence loss.

After establishing itself in the labratory, it started to directly attack the personnel. This lead to the programmers and scientists slowly being taken over to the demon's ideology, and they began programming virus's or faults into the cyber equipment as well.

I'm debating myself whether the cyber eye images will be share able. The demon isn't really there. Its just showing up on his eyes.

The party are 3 separate HRT members from different corps that all got burned in different ways, a Orc melee fighter, and a Drone rigger that doesn't jump into drones, but uses lots of small drones together via RCC. Think more like a pet class user. The HRT guys are a traditional drone rigger who jumps into vehicles, a weapon specialist, and an alchemical mage who buffs, counter spells, banishes, and breaks enchantments.
>>
>>50148894
not him but
>goat DNA were being used a basis to grow parts
where do you get that Idea?
>>
>>50148673
>>50148894
As for whats happening, the demon just wants to cause pain and suffering. Traditional stupid demon shit. So it wants chaos for chaos sake.

The curses will be like partial pieces of some kind of spell or some such. When you only have one part, its fairly benign. Getting more parts together though leads to more dangerous behaviours.

Like a super slow burn mob mind ritual to cause mayhem or loss of empathy or such.
>>
>>50148894
>>50148971
Your idea is dumb and bad, and I don't like it.

Good luck!
>>
File: ear.jpg (41KB, 634x423px) Image search: [Google]
ear.jpg
41KB, 634x423px
>>50148964
figured it would be a big enough animal to grow up to troll sized parts.
>>
>>50148993
that's actually helpful, so thank you.

Is it salvageable in any way?
>>
>>50148995
chummer, you do know that they are vat-grown? Your typical bioware implant has been in 0 animals before implantation and in 1 afterwards

>Most bioware consists of organs and tissues vat-grown
>from genengineered cells using standard metahuman organs as
>templates
Augmentation p.55
>>
>>50149074
Yeah, sure.

Don't mix the 'ware with the magic.

Follow the same meta plot (maybe minus the 'demon, lolevil' and maybe with some more nuanced motivation) but have it be caused by something other than 'ware. A cheap, tasty new food source. A 'charity' offering 'free innoculations.' That kind of thing.

Trim the AAA out of it - that's not necessary and not helpful.

Add a support network. Don't have it be the result of a single free spirit - have it be the result of the spirit and his cadre of metahuman followers.

I mean, what you're suggesting is basically Eternal Brotherhood mixed with Tempo already, so just embrace it and put a little of your own spin on it.
>>
Hey guys I have a question
What would a game set in Florida be like?
Australia?
And finally,Memphis
And no I'm not trying to get you to do my work for me,I'm just generally interested in what you guys could come up with
>>
>>50149145
yeah i know. I was hoping to make a cheaper option. Like the company was trying to cut costs but still have functional bioware.

>>50149148
>Don't mix ware with magic
Alright, that can be done.

>Minus the demon
I'd actually like to have the demon just to have an unambiguously evil target involved. How about instead of it being free-spirit though, it being controlled by some corp guys against its will. Then we can add some UAC flavoring where 'good' people are trying harness demons for good. My players have been kind of extra restless cause their last few runs always end with the high level people having no come-upons (mostly their fault, they never get enough info to put people away, and execs are better armored/armed then they can deal with). I want to feed them an occasion where they get to just feel good about ending a threat.

>AAA out
Kinda restrained in that regard. The players want to fight against AAA corps for story reasons. Otherwise, I totally would.

>Support network
See above.

>Eternal Brotherhood mixed with Tempo
I hadn't thought about it that way. Good observation, i will think on this too.
>>
File: Magic Ritual Gone Wrong.jpg (563KB, 1275x825px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Ritual Gone Wrong.jpg
563KB, 1275x825px
>>50149148
>Follow the same meta plot (maybe minus the 'demon, lolevil' and maybe with some more nuanced motivation)

I still don't understand how he went from "Free spirit who is mucking about with bioware to understand human technology and either doesn't know or doesn't care about the harm it causes down the line" to "demon evul for lulz".
>>
>>50149336
>I'd actually like to have the demon just to have an unambiguously evil target involved.
Shadowrun doesn't do unambiguous evils - even among the corps. The closest you really get is 'alien and destructive.'

>Kinda restrained in that regard. The players want to fight against AAA corps for story reasons. Otherwise, I totally would.
Then maybe throw them actual corp-related stories, instead of 'singular free spirit is the real enemy, not the corp' stories.
>>
>>50149196
>Australia?
dangerous

>>50149336
>cheaper option
ehhh, I can't imagine that to be the cheaper option.
Remember: With the animals they need to get the animal to produce the organ in the specific way they want, meaning that they have to make big changes to it. And from that one animal you get 1 part of bioware.
In contrast they can just set up some vats, put a hormone+viral vector+nutrients cocktail into a computer and have that computer do the work
>>
>>50149352
>>50149375
Fair enough.

Welp, I've got 3 weeks still for planning, so yep, might be best to just scrap this idea.

My group switches off GMs after each major run, and the hooks i'm being fed are:
1.Bioware/Cyberware division of Neonet doing bad things
2.Toxic/medical waste trafficking involving goat parts.
3. People going cyber zombie cause of bad bioware.

I fed the other GM the cyber zombies from bad bioware part, and he's double downed in it with the toxic waste. The players wanted the AAA part and between the 2 GMs we went with piece 1 to string out games together.
>>
>>50148755
Cut the jerks off, see how they like it when they have to catch a bus to a run.
>>
>>50149463
>cyber zombie
Cyberpsycho, you mean?

>1.Bioware/Cyberware division of Neonet doing bad things
>2.Toxic/medical waste trafficking involving goat parts.
>3. People going cyber zombie cause of bad bioware.
The second point doesn't even sound like... a thing. Certainly not an interesting thing worth more than a half-scene giggle.

Anyway, here's what I'd do. I'd have a small subdivision of Neonet be doing some Sixth World MKULTRA shit. They want to be able to mind control people ('in a pinch' initially, but you know what they say about power) so they're slipping prototype mind control tech into 'ware.

Bioware that excretes drugs which make people more susceptible to suggestion, cyberware which tries to influence people's minds as per personafixes but to extremely limited effect if they're not direct cranial implants (try mind controlling someone using just the interface from a cyberarm - you won't get too far), cybereyes with edited feeds to make you target who they want you to target through a world reskin, that kind of shit. That's also why it has an unexpectedly higher Essence cost than normal - it's prototypes crammed full of unlabeled secret shit.

The problem is, these prototypes are... questionably effective. And every now and then, they trigger on their own, causing people to flip out for apparently no reason, and totally out of control.

The problem is, the main office has gotten wind of what's going down in your city, so they're trying to sweep it under the rug as cleanly and effectively as possible. They're paying hush money to silence reporting on incidents, disappearing people who are complaining, and disposing of remains of all kinds of folks who got fucked up by these incidents.

Enjoy your hooked plot.
>>
>>50149631
Yes, thats what I meant. Cyberpsycho.

>half-scene giggle
That's what I had thought at first too.

>The problem is, the main office has gotten wind of what's going down in your city, so they're trying to sweep it under the rug as cleanly and effectively as possible. They're paying hush money to silence reporting on incidents, disappearing people who are complaining, and disposing of remains of all kinds of folks who got fucked up by these incidents.

Ah, having the company cover it up. Yeah, that will be a great way to do it!

>Enjoy your hooked plot
Yep, that's a good way to start the plot, thanks Anon!
>>
>>50149196
>Australia?
Download Target: Awakened Lands, it's like 90% about Australia.
Fantastic book.
>>
>>50149145
That's the legit corporate stuff, which runners won't necessarily be using.

>Other people whine about their parent unfairly regulating their Matrix access as a child. You, you were born in a Tamanous organ farm. Your sole purpose was to grow organs and imbedded bioware to suitable maturity, at which point theyā€™d be cut out of you. You wouldnā€™t be killed, of course. Theyā€™d keep you alive until they needed another one of your organs.
>>
File: 1442436273374.jpg (211KB, 964x633px) Image search: [Google]
1442436273374.jpg
211KB, 964x633px
>>50150527
A) The organs aren't for runners. It's legit corporate production by NeoNET for sale to consumers.

B) That's still not growing bits on goats, which was the main thing >>50149145 was pointing out.

And even then, raising a whole person for parts is inefficient in most cases, especially when you want to take bits out of them piecemeal and keep them alive in the meanwhile. It only works for Tamanous because if at any point you die, they can still sell your corpse as brunch. and because it's edgy enough to appeal to CGL's writers like Red, so they ignore the practicalities
>>
>>50150527
anon, that's talking about normal organs, you know: lungs, livers, that stuff
that's not what we refer to when we talk about bioware. we are talking about adrenal glands, nephritic screens and muscle toner
the only way to have that grown in your body is by having Prototype Transhuman, the quality that explicitly says that you are a one-of-a-kind prototype who has grown bioware naturally, meaning it's a natural part of your body
>>
>>50150626
Nobody said prototype transhumans were one of a kind.
There could be loads of em.
>>
Wiuld it be a better run if players were delivering an experimental breakun-proof box, or if they were tasked with trying to open the breakin-proof box?
>>
File: Aztech Soldier.jpg (20KB, 180x499px) Image search: [Google]
Aztech Soldier.jpg
20KB, 180x499px
>>50150795
>You are an extremely rare, genetically crafted, experimental post-human prototype.

>However, the downside of being a rare, one-of-a-kind transhuman prototype...

From the quality itself. You have stuff like the Homegrown Warrior program Aztlan ran, but there was never any details about what modifications were made to the embryos, or if they just did some screening for the most physically fit ones and made sure to breed those.
>>
>>50150527
>So what got you to start running, chummer?
>The usual. Born at bad place. Childhood sucked, but I got out eventually and now I want to make decent living, but ain't got schools so all I can do is breaking skulls.
>Is that all?
>There's also this one guy in AzTech middle management. He has my kidney. I want to find him and take it back.
>>
File: 1459260601602.jpg (100KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
1459260601602.jpg
100KB, 600x857px
>>50150832
The latter is the more comedic option, if your game runs that way. The players will go from normal to enacting incredibly insane plans within a matter of seconds.
>>
>>50150874
That is more dumb than i remember.
Did i drop into an alternate reality with even dumber books?
>>
>>50150913
The best part about the second option is the players still get a payday for all that field testing.
They just dont know it until they return to the johnson.
>>
File: Rod Sterling.jpg (20KB, 563x350px) Image search: [Google]
Rod Sterling.jpg
20KB, 563x350px
>>50150919
Welcome... to The CGL Zone...

doo-doo doo-doo, doo-doo doo-doo, doo-doo doo-doo, doo-doo doo-doo,
>>
>>50151022
No! I had time now!
I had tiiiiime!
>>
>>50150614
>It's legit corporate production by NeoNET for sale to consumers
No shit the legit stuff is intended for corp use, would you like to point out that I quoted from Chrome Flesh while you're at it?

>That's still not growing bits on goats
It's a technically transferable example.

>It only works for Tamanous because if at any point you die
It works for anyone that's not a major corporation, because any tools & cats for cloning that are better than a living body are *really* expensive. The chopdocs most street samurai use can't afford them.

>>50150626
>Your sole purpose was to grow organs and imbedded bioware
>imbedded bioware
Bioware is cheaper when grown, rather than 100% constructed.
>>
Can a melee adept channel fire, even at higher levels? I wanna roll a firebringer monk.
>>
>>50151108
>cats
vats.
>>
Would any of you players give a shit if i turned the weirdness the fuck up on the setting? You know, if i was your hypothetical gm.

SURGE would be common as fuck, spirits can be found playing arcade machines or begging for change, robots are citizens, bug spirit godzillas are regularly repelled with skyscraper sized lasers, etc.
>>
File: Fire Horse.jpg (275KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Horse.jpg
275KB, 1920x1080px
>>50151136
Elemental Aura, Elemental Strike, etc. Read SG, gitgud

>>50151154
If you were up front about it going into the game. If you turned the stupid dial to 11 mid-game, I'd be annoyed because that's not what I signed up for.
>>
>>50151199
Nah, im up front about it.
Shit's gonna get weird.
Otherwise it would rob players of their chance to roll up weird shit.
>>
>>50151154
Could be fun if the game was set a bit more into the future than the current setting, would play.
>>
>>50151136
Depends what you mean, exactly. You can get Adept Spell that would allow you to cast a single, specific spell like Shape [Fire]. Elemental Attack/Aura will also do the job.
>>50151154
Not really my bag, but I lean more towards black mohawk stuff.
>>
>>50151213
what kind of crank are we talking
like are you spinning that dial at the start of a session and suddenly the entire world is going crazy
or are you planning to slowly introduce the strange into your game

i feel like that more gradual approach would be a fucking hoot to play
>>
File: Acceptable In The 80's.jpg (19KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Acceptable In The 80's.jpg
19KB, 220x220px
>>50151213
In that case I would. I'm also on edge of running a RIFTS one-shot whenever I don't have my prep for the current campaign done, though.
>>
>>50151262
The plan is to have the setting be crazy from the start
Gradually doing it sounds fun, but i worry about betraying player expectations
>>
File: Mage Fashion.gif (37KB, 225x290px) Image search: [Google]
Mage Fashion.gif
37KB, 225x290px
>>50138993
The problem with cool foci is that a lot of people get really hung up on the whole "geek the mage" thing. Even in games that are otherwise far less trenchcoat, anything distinctively magic immediately makes you the target of everybody.

A real shame, because there's a lot of style possible when mixing foci and cool future-fashion, especially stuff like neon.
>>
HOW DO INCORPORATE A VAPE INTO MY CHARACTER CONCEPT
>>
>>50152665
Make the e-cig a magic focus.
>>
>>50152665
>having a pink mohawk
>not vaping

s m d h
t b h
f a m
>>
>>50152665
http://www.theonion.com/article/man-smoking-e-cigarette-must-be-futuristic-bounty--34531
>>
>>50152587
See, here's what you do.
You make a tough as fuck street sam.
THEN you deck out the street sam in cool as shit looking mage gear.
>>
File: Techno Mercenary.jpg (31KB, 565x318px) Image search: [Google]
Techno Mercenary.jpg
31KB, 565x318px
>>50152949
He does look really cool, t b h.
>>
>>50152665
Alchemist with trigger on inhalation.
>>
>>50153002
Ah yes, the Troll-Gandalf distraction
a classic
>>
File: Geek The Mage.jpg (347KB, 620x650px) Image search: [Google]
Geek The Mage.jpg
347KB, 620x650px
>>50153002
That doesn't really solve the inherent problem. The street sam can have cool casemods on his sweet cyberarms and chrome eye covers, the decker can have a pimp as fuck datajack with neon accents glowing out of his transparent skull, but as soon as the mage puts on a pointy hat he's Target No. 1.

You can't be an awesome mage who looks like an awesome mage unless your every item of clothing is custom made with tons of armour, because they're gonna roll deep on your spell-slinging ass. A Dumbledupe really doesn't help with that.
>>
>>50153079
see, that's why you have the troll ALSO put on the pointy hat.
>>
>>50153079
>>50153089
dress everyone in the team with custom made mage clothing. THEY WOULDNT KNOW WHO TO GEEK FIRST
>>
File: Mystic Adept Warrior.jpg (115KB, 1015x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mystic Adept Warrior.jpg
115KB, 1015x800px
>>50153089
But if everyone is magepunk, nobody is the cool mage.
>>
>>50153134
BRILLIANT
>>
File: trollwiz.jpg (34KB, 300x445px) Image search: [Google]
trollwiz.jpg
34KB, 300x445px
>>50153089
>>
>>50148682
>Be a mundane Rigger with a shotgun, crowbar and sniper rifle.
>Party uses my truck for everything, constantly makes me clean it because I sleep in it, have beer bottles everywhere (most filled with piss).
>Constantly being used as a body shield for our adept gunslinger who constantly dives behind me to get some form of cover.
>I do the majority of the recon via drones.
>Agree to be bait for an Ares bum-stealing operation since I'm homeless.
>Get kidnapped and fit with a quarter of a billion nuyen worth of military tech being used to make RoboCops, left with .08 essence before I'm rescued by the group.
>Group gives my cut to a street sam they hired who did absolutely nothing while I punched holes through the fully-kitted Ares response team during the escape.
>Ask to borrow some money from the group, they bitch. I pick up two medkit drones.
>Next mission, these drones save the group's ass.
>In said mission, my car got shot to shit and I have to repair it. Forgot to bring my toolkit.
>An hour of incessant bitching about me forgetting to bring my toolkit ensues.
>Proceed to go on a Bliss bender while they're arguing.
>They wonder why my Addiction is slowly creeping from Severe to Burnout without knowing that it started at Mild.

Being a rigger is suffering.
>>
>>50153381
>Get kidnapped and fit with a quarter of a billion nuyen worth of military tech being used to make RoboCops, left with .08 essence before I'm rescued by the group.

Your "team doesn't respect me" problems should have ended right there after you ripped the biggest one's dick off through his mouth and wore it as a festive codpiece.
>>
>>50153434
That doesn't seem physically possible.
>>
>>50153434
That's not intricate enough. I have the Gunslinger's newly purchased van slaved to my RCC without his knowledge. Just a matter of time until he drives through the worst part of the Barrens and doesn't come back.
>>
>>50153468
After you've seen someone beat a person to death with their own skull you stop questioning what's possible in the Barrens, omae.
>>
>>50153512
This is why we need laws against e-ghosts.
>>
>>50153477
>I have the Gunslinger's newly purchased van slaved to my RCC without his knowledge
What exactly do you think that's going to do?
>>
>>50153727
Considering how often he's knocked unconscious or near death, everything I need it to do.
>>
>>50153801
Sure. If they're getting KO'd through their van, it'll help with that.

>Slaving gives a weaker device some added protection. Whenever a slaved device is called on to make a defense test, it uses either its own or its masterā€™s rating for each rating in the test.
>>
Unarmed furry adept from yesterday here. I gave up on making a changeling so I'm just a human and I'm having trouble deciding on what Martial Art to take.

I want to take Boxing (Brawler) but it doesn't seem that great compared to what other Martial Arts get and I was wondering if there were any that are way ahead of the pack.
>>
>>50154099
>>
>>50149196
>Florida
South Florida's in the Caribbean League while the rest of America's toilet is CAS territory. I imagine a lot of traditional values and old people plus cannibal gangs on 6th World bath salts. The Everglades would be neat. And by neat, I mean crawling with deadly awakened flora and fauna.
>>
>>50154221
Thanks. I guess Karate is what I'll go with even if Boxing or Wrestling(Professionalstyle) sound more fun.
>>
If any of you want a Shadowrun-esque video game, I'd recommend Quadrilateral Cowboy.
Playing through it right now, and it's basically Decking: The Game

You play someone with a computer that you carry around and even call a Deck, and you can use it to hack shit; usually, this is doors. In later levels you get other gadgets that let you do other cool shit, like a little quadrupedal drone that can connect to datajacks for you, and a briefcase with a programmable sniper rifle inside(which is usually used to remotely activate buttons, or just break glass windows

There's also a bit I found funny where your post-mission shopping extravaganza consists of shoving your arms, legs, and torso into cyberware vendors, so you can do all the shit you need to instead of bringing your super-flexible and super-strong friends along.

Also, if nothing else, you can take enjoyment in calling it QuadCow.
>>
>>50153381
You're stronger than half your team, right?

Assert dominance. Do it any way you wish.
>>
How many negative qualities do you guys normally take on a character? I usually try to get as close to the 25 Karma cap as possible but I can't help feeling like I'm cheating extra Karma even if they do fit in to his personality and background.
>>
>>50155823
I like fucked up, flawed characters, so I always go for the max.
>>
>>50155907
Same but my insomniac, combat junkie with who has to take care of his long term boyfriend and has a minor kamikaze addiction just sounds wrong.
>>
>>50155823
Most of my players load up as many as they can. Personally I try to only pick thematic ones. There's been a couple of times where that has led to taking 30+ points worth of qualities.
>>
>>50155934
That's because you're bluntly describing your character haphazardly.
Tie combat junkie and kamikaze addiciton together, because those go hand in hand.
Then perhaps explain his insomnia from the stress that his relationship places on him.

Giving you a "Drugged-up Combat Junkie in a stressful relationship"
>>
>>50140121

... Well. Wish someone had told me that a couple weeks ago.

My character is an ork face who's got a personal backstory reason to not get augs, doesn't have a Magic/Resonance stat, and no decker or rigger skills.
>>
>>50156019
Yeah that sounds way better. I was going to originally make him alcoholic but Kamikaze felt like a much better thematic fit.

I don't really like the idea of a stressful relationship so I might make the insomnia be tied to something else. Maybe just a few years of blood sports messed him up or something.
>>
>>50156058
Or the long-term side effects of Kamikaze abuse catching up to him.
>>
> Do you really believe bioware is grown in isolation? Every enhanced organ comes from a complete body held in effective brain death. Itā€™s been done for over twenty years, now.
> KAM
>>
>>50156074
I'm not all that familiar with how most Shadowrun drugs work desu. It was only going to be a minor addiction which makes me think it's only been a few months at max.

Is there any where I can read a bit more about Kamikaze because I imagine it would be a good idea to know more about it if I'm playing an addict.
>>
>>50156058
>>50156106
Excessive, regular use of kamikaze can cause hallucinations, uncontrolled movements and anxiety. Bad dreams about accidentallying his boyfriend?
>>
>>50156118
That works. Worried he'll rampage and murder him at night.

I could play him as being worried about hurting anyone close to him as an alright hook as well.
>>
File: Kamikaze.png (176KB, 787x314px) Image search: [Google]
Kamikaze.png
176KB, 787x314px
>>50156106
Doesn't 5e core have the rules for it?
Enjoy going full rage mode.
>>
>>50156139
I imagine as a combat adept I'll be pretty beast while I'm high.
>>
>>50156057

Building on this, if I haven't used any of my Edge from chargen, do you think my GM would be cool with me changing some of it to Magic?
>>
>>50156150
>Adept on Kamikaze
Good lord, you're not long for this world, but you're going to take a few goddamn people with you.
>>
>>50156182
What do you mean I'm not long for this world? How does being an adept and drug use tie together?
>>
>>50156203
Well drugs such as kamikaze are extremely addictive, and will quickly cause you to spiral into greater and greater addictions.

Plus the nature of the Drug itself will cause your withdrawal episodes to usually involve aggression and general rage. Or paralysing depression.

Plus if you let it get too far, all addictions start to have a destructive effect on your Essence. Which thus damages your Magic.

Basically, drugs are BAAAAAD news.
And when you're less than rational on drugs, you're going to be even MORE dangerous due to your inherent Adept powers.
>>
>>50156277
Well it should be fun, might try to go sober pretty quickly though.

I tried reading over all the addiction rules before but they're a jumbled mess (Like the rest of the book) so I'm going to go over them again tonight after some Red Bull.
>>
what do you guys use to read your PDFs
foxit is just trash; loading it in the browser is better
>>
>>50156484
I use Foxit PhantomPDF. Acrobat DC is supposed to not be gobshite.
>>
Tell us about your character, /srg/.
I am a ex bunraku puppet, A formerly male, now intermediate Satyr. Forced against his will to have breast implants 2.0, a persona fix and cybergenitals installed. Woke up one day on the streets of hong kong with an american accent, and no idea how he/she got there. Found a cyber deck in their head, and already knew how to use it somehow, they've fallen in the shadows since the personafix was removed. Wearing a armored jacket, with a over/under silenced shotgun with a ghetto folding stock and duct-tape sling hidden under it, some cheep jeans and shoes (Do satyrs even need shoes, with the goat hooves and all?). Wears a fannypack and a backpack, and lives out of a bolt hole. Owns a offroad bike with morphing license plate and spoof chips.
>>
>>50140043
Gear. Seriously, he can spend it on cars, houses, etc. If a runner can't spend their cash and it's a problem for the group, let them die off. Or have them suffer an accident that requires augs, or have their cash stolen.
>>
>>50156990

Literally the most handsome ork ever. Almost six and a half feet tall, burly as hell, perfectly styled hair, always wears a nice suit. He worked in Las Vegas for like 9 and a half years before moving to San Francisco. I've described him as "a living intimidation check". He likes to know as much as possible about the people he's dealing with (Profiler quality) and never leaves home without his gigantic revolver.

The same revolver his police officer dad used. The same revolver he killed said dad with when he caught him beating his mom.
>>
>>50157180
Everyone's gotta carry some weight, chummer.
>>
>>50157189

Arlen's dedicated his life to being a better person than his father. He etched a saying in Latin into the gun as a reminder. That's not to say he hasn't done bad things, but he rationalizes his wrongdoings as being for the greater good.

One of his jobs in Vegas was /sort of/ a mob enforcer. When someone needed to be roughed up, either physically or emotionally, Arlen Harris Moon was the man people would often turned to. He was good at what he did but didn't particularly like it.
>>
How stupid is it to have my character be a clone made with about 75% Hitler DNA?
>>
>>50157253
About 75% stupid
>>
>>50157260
That's what I thought but it was an idea anyway.
>>
>>50157260
within what % error?
>>
>>50157253
Depends on how you handle the character, I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vspxFHqQh4Y
>>
How do I make a combat decker? I'm thinking of an AR based decker who uses guns to fight.
>>
>>50157969
Sticking to AR is indeed the way to do it. Get a way to jack up your initiative as much as possible (magical or mundane, doesn't really matter) and then you can spread your passes over both matrix and meatspace actions.
>>
Need some help with chummer 5. Every time I start it it immediately crashes. Tried with 5.187.10 and .11 and nothing.

I'm using vista on a shitty laptop if that might be the issue. But I figure this isn't the kind of program to be demanding.
>>
>>50149352

>a pentagram with a cthulhu face in it

Hipster mages, man. They think they're so clever and obscure because they bought their copy of the Necronomicon from the Barnes & Noble in Puyallup.
>>
>>50158008
.Net's probably out of date. Download https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=40779

Also, >vista
>>
>>50158005
Awesome.

What would I be doing in combat, exactly? Matrix actions to mess with the guy fucking with us, and then shoot him?
>>
>>50158220
Or just shoot him anyway.
Favourite thing to do back in 4e was Hack a nearby car, and ram them with it.
Ludicrous damage and given Hot-Sim, and a good Command program, quite hard to dodge.
>>
>>50158220
If you just need something dead, shoot it. Or let "Slice'n'Dice", "Deadeye" and/or "Wizardman" do it.

What you should focus on in the Matrix is making life harder for the opposing team and/or easier for your heavy hitters: locking doors in reinforcment's way, sending a forklifter to careen into them and flush them out like >>50158412 says; that kind of things.
>>
>>50158110
That worked. Thanks.
>>
File: thetimehascome.jpg (130KB, 352x338px) Image search: [Google]
thetimehascome.jpg
130KB, 352x338px
Is it viable to make a pure sniper, who during urban runs, camps in the opposite building feeding info and taking out important targets/patrols?
>>
>>50158548

As long as you pick only jobs in which buildings are next to other buildings of interest.
>>
>>50158548
Not really.
Make that a physical infiltrator with some slight sniping skills, and then you've got a productive member of the team.
>>
>>50158548
Since it's unlikely that your team stays on the same side of the building during the whole run: no
>>
>>50158575
>>50158586
Good points, man being snipers is hard.

>>50158581
An issue is I find infiltrators to eat up the limelight a bit too much, I want a more supportive role, without being a mage. or a decker. For the life of me I can't understand the decking rules.
>>
>>50158607
What you could try is to be a long range Sammy. Just Position yourself and pop off enemies with your Sniper rifle. Or move closer and use a Shotgun
>>
What's generally an optimal amount of players per group? Assuming they have a NPC decker because the DM doesn't want to deal with that shit.
>>
>>50158669
Generally you'd want to have a decker, a mage, a Sammy and possibly an infiltrator, with face and rigger/driver as secondary roles
Since in your case the decker is already supplied I'd say a Sammy, a mage/face combo (best made with a CHA tradition) and maybe a infiltrator. Alternatively you can make the infiltrator a social infiltrator which makes him your face while the mage can be an adept/mystic adept or mage
>>
>>50158669
1 GM and 4-5 players.

3 Players work but you will be missing a lot of sessions because when one player doesn't have time, playing with 2 sucks.

More than 5 Players leads to chaos, lack of screentime and usually an unproductive gaming environment.
>>
>>50158752
Addendum: You want somebody who is competent in Magic, somebody who can talk and somebody who can work with Computers.

Contrary to popular believe, shooting is not necessarily a Tier 1 choice. If you have very few players, take the roles mentioned above, make sure everybody has a decent complimentary combat skill and ditch the maincombatmonkey.

t. somebody who always Builds Combat+X Characters where the X always has a way bigger impact.
Most ridiculous (and fun) Group was my Move-by-wire murderhobo basically ending up as the Face of the group, due to him having tailored pheromones for shits and giggles.
>>
>>50158075
I think that's actually a goats head.

>>50149352
>Magic Ritual Gone Wrong
All mages dead, the Ritual couldn't have worked any better.
>>
File: Chicken head.jpg (31KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken head.jpg
31KB, 426x426px
So i have some questions about awakened critters.

Can any litter of mundane animals contain awakened versions of the species ? A litter of puppies containing one that breathes fire and is dual nature.

Do all awakened animals mutate into some wizard freak form as example the chicken turns into a cockatrice, or are there adept/wizard versions of mundane animals running around ?

And Animals/Plants awakening seems to work differently to human awakening. The fluff reads that there are groups of cockatrice in the wild. Does that mean that those awakened animals breed (mostly ?) true ? Unlike Metahumanity, where even an awakened child is unusual to awakened parents.

And where is the actual difference between metatype and awakened form ?
>>
>>50158915
Most creatures that were carriers for the assorted Awakened genetics have already expressed those genes, at this point.

Millennia of genetic drift have done a lot to muddy the waters though. You MIGHT get a cockatrice from a hen and rooster, but it's only likely to happen in the case that both the hen and rooster were recessive carriers of the genes. You might also get the reverse, with a cockatrice giving birth to a standard chicken.
>>
File: file.png (425KB, 800x564px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
425KB, 800x564px
>>50158995
Also, completely unrelated but FUCK THIS THING
>>
File: Night Manta.png (371KB, 1266x914px) Image search: [Google]
Night Manta.png
371KB, 1266x914px
You know what's the scariest motherfucking Paranormal Critter in existence? Forget fucking Dragons, it's the Night Manta which should keep you up at night.

This fucking thing will fly out of the fucking sea at night, silent as a whisper, hit you with its ranged fucking paralytic spike tail, then drag your ass off back to be fucking eaten.

No records of metahuman attacks or fatalities? That just means they leave no fucking survivors.

What's more, it'll eat your fucking Astral Form too, so don't get caught by one on a mission.

Just thank your lucky stars they're vanisingly rare.

Look at those fucking teeth and tell me it's not horrifying.
>>
>>50159021
well, why would you want to fuck this fish?
>>
>>50159371
not that i judge you or anything, just curious.

>>50158995

So Meta-humanity is in that sense special, where seemingly random individuals awaken in adolescence ?

No wizard chicken ?
>>
>>50159393
>No wizard chicken ?
Mundane animals can be shifters, animals with the power to assume metahuman form.
They can be Awakened.

So I guess you could have a sapient Chicken Wizard with the power to adopt the form of a Troll.
>>
>>50157969
You make a combat decker by pre-hacking people's shit and finally triggering it during the fight once it starts. Don't try to do the actual hacking during the fight itself; that's shooting time.
>>
>>50158075
That's a horned goat.
>>
>>50156990
How did an Italian end up an American-accented Hong Kong street hooker?
>>
>>50158548
The short answer is no.

The long answer is that you can make a Longarms street samurai, but you'll spend 9/10 runs on the front lines with a combat shotgun, rather than on a rooftop with a rifle.
>>
>>50158669
Your must-have roles are astral support, magic support, and physical combat. Once you have those three bases covered, everything else is optional.
>>
>>50159532
>you'll spend 9/10 runs on the front lines with a combat shotgun rather than on a rooftop with a rifle.

Hey, whatever works, right?
>>
>>50158915
Animals Awakening as magical versions is more akin to Goblinization/SURGE than it is to being an adept or a magician.
>>
>>50159393
Not exactly. It's more like...

Okay, so magic is like baking. Your aura is like a sieve. Mana is like flour. Shake the aura in particular ways, mana falls through it and manifests as a spell. Most Awakened critters only 'know' a certain way to do it. They tap the side of the sieve, mana falls through, and your barghest has just set a shadowrunner on fire. Good doggy.

Now people, we're clever. We KNOW there's a sieve, and we know that tapping it in certain ways makes stuff happen. Downside, we don't know the right way to do it, so we can't control how much flour we're using, leading to rather unpredictable effects.

The metaphor kind of collapses here, but not all of the flour makes it through the sieve.

Um. tl;dr chickens can't be mages because chickens aren't smart enough to make muffins?
>>
>>50159648
>chickens can't be mages because chickens aren't smart enough to make muffins?
Bar shapeshifter chickens.
Who're cheating.
>>
>>50159207
Sea wolves are pretty scary too.
>>
>>50158607
>An issue is I find infiltrators to eat up the limelight a bit too much, I want a more supportive role, without being a mage. or a decker.

Be a rigger. You can do sniping via aerial drone, and don't have to physically split from the team to do it.
>>
>>50159648
this is the most beautiful line I've seen today
>>
File: Lol.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Lol.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>50159648
>>
>>50158607
Riggers can do a lot of the same things an infiltrator can, especially with liberal use of sneaking and flying eyes.
>>
Say that some corp experiment escaped in New York area. The corp is using close by NYPD as way to keep it in place until HTR comes. Which corp would it be and what is the escaped monster.
Looking for some ideas
>>
>>50160240
Do you... do you not know that corporations own the entire island of Manhattan?
>>
>>50159648
>They tap the side of the sieve, mana falls through, and your barghest has just set a shadowrunner on fire.

It's Hell Hounds that set people on fire. Barghests paralyze with their howls.
>>
File: 1465475630388.jpg (948KB, 1172x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1465475630388.jpg
948KB, 1172x1700px
>>50156484
Sumatra. No frills, but fast and reliable.
>>
>>50160262
I'm aware that they hold manhattan tight. But there are also the five countries where things are loose.
>>
>>50160377
>But there are also the five countries where things are loose.
Boroughs.

My point is more that the NYPD doesn't fucking exist anymore.
>>
>>50160656
NYPD Inc. was listed as one of the corps providing secutiry for NY. And on the list of Security Cops as an AA. Unless wiki info is no longer valid
>>
>>50160885
Well, proved me wrong. In that case, I'm going to go with some kind of mega-HMHVV dude. Some fucking lunatics decided that they were going to try to modify HMHVV to create some kind of tricked-out supersoldiers, but that's a terrible idea, and it went awry in exactly the manner you'd expect.

This way, you can see which of your players are powergaming assholes based on who quietly tries to get bit by Mega-Dracula.
>>
I'm in search of new ideas right now for two of my players. So please tell me about your interesting and unusual Intiation ordeals.
First is pagan animist shaman, and the second one is "chaotician" mojo-slinger, who's not really into occult at all, following "if it works - I use it" idea.
We also may have an adept in future, so any ideas on militant-minded Awakened would be very nice.
>>
File: oh, yes rioting intensifies.jpg (38KB, 411x440px) Image search: [Google]
oh, yes rioting intensifies.jpg
38KB, 411x440px
>>50148673
Why the hell is that woman conscious during surgery? Even more so during surgery on the spine? That is just not smart.

Also:
Has anyone ran a campaign with similar themes as Deus Ex? Secret Illuminati, wars in the shadows between two splinter groups, new generations of secret government agents, and stuff like that?

I think that would be super cool.
>Pic related
>>
>>50163149
>Why the hell is that woman conscious during surgery? Even more so during surgery on the spine?
Probably because it's being directly interfaced with the brain. Almost all brain surgeries requires you to be conscious, to make sure they're not doing terrible brain damage accidentally.
>>
>>50163149
well, here's a possible JC Denton char
http://pastebin.com/HJKVPnUH
>>
Anyone got the anarchy pdf? Curious...
>>
if I have two full cyberarms do I use the limbs agility or my attribute agility for shooting assault rifles and pistols?
>>
>>50166495
to get the anarchy pdf please follow the following instructions:
Press "Home"-Key
Select the pastebin link
right click selected text
open in new tab
repeat for the mega link
download the anarchy pdf
kill yourself
>>
>>50166580
ignore that last part since apparently it isn't there anymore

HateFish, WHERE THE FUCK IS THE PDF?
>>
>>50166580
Mediafire
Ctrl+F: Anarchy
Nothing
5e Search
Nothing
Mega
Ctrl+F Anarchy
Nothing

Why is it in the 5th edition folder?
>>
File: file.png (17KB, 878x96px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
17KB, 878x96px
>>50160268
For some reason I always run hellhounds and barghests together in my head, I can never keep them straight.
>>50166571
Average of both limbs for the assault rifle, one limb for the pistol.
>>50162941
>>50166653
It's in the 5th Edition folder because it's compatible with 5th Edition.
>>
>Table Entry Correction (P. 105, Metavariant Attribute Table: Metasapients, Pixies)
>Under Racial Traits, change "Vanishing" to read "Vanishing (Upon Death)".

If only they'd been clear about this in the first place. Having a weakness and a power with irritatingly similar names isn't just bad form, it's stupid or intentionally misleading.

Ditto on having a critter weakness and a negative quality with exactly the same name. (Hello ghouls and reduced senses)
>>
>>50167609
This 'provisional' business still bugs the hell out of me. It's official, except it's not, because we might still change our minds!
>>
>>50167632
I think it's more a case of, "we might realise we've fucked up (again), and try to fix it another way", rather than any suggestion the fixes might not stick.
>>
>>50166625
>>50166653
See >>50166697

Yekka's got the right idea, it's in 5e because of compatability. And also because I just mass upload my entire Shadowrun folder to both and that's where it downloaded to.
>>
>>50156277
Is there any good way to try and keep Addictions at a reasonable level or should I just make sure I have a good Body and Willpower?
>>
>>50159510
Amnesia
>>
What's a good mentor spirit to represent the class of primeval horned gods of the wild that inspired the mythological figures ranging from Pan, to the goat-headed devil, to Cernunnos? The Adversary seems a little on the nose, and doesn't really cover the consuming passions or the alien wild feel.
>>
>>50168175
There are merits which can help, but at that point you're spending karma to offset the penalties to your stats from gaining a similar amount of karma.

There's very little way to end up on top, other than toughing out the withdrawal symptoms and keeping it managable.
>>
>>50168175
the Narco genemod gives you bigger attribute bonus from drugs, reduces stun damage from crashing, gives a penalty to resist addiction and a bonus to avoid getting more addicted.
>>
File: Adept Mentor Spirit.jpg (249KB, 917x845px) Image search: [Google]
Adept Mentor Spirit.jpg
249KB, 917x845px
>>50162941
>pagan animist shaman
Needs to climb a mountain naked and spend the night sky-clad beneath the stars. while on a shitload of peyote so he can have conversations with the trees and rocks and the moon herself

>chaotician
Needs to figure out a complex spell formula. Hit up the library, talk to Wizhobo Steve, find a background count he can work with and just throw mana around.

>militant-minded adept
Pic related
>>
File: Zyzz Mentor Spirit.png (481KB, 1834x671px) Image search: [Google]
Zyzz Mentor Spirit.png
481KB, 1834x671px
>>50168476
Horse if you want to play up the freedom angle. Sea if you want to be capricious and jealous. Seducer for the 'all consuming passions'. Thunderbird for something awesome and terrifying.
>>
Is there some kind of super highway that goes all across the UCAS/CAS. There were already highways before right? So who's to say there's not a huge 24 lane superhighway where that used to be.
>>
File: Zipping Along.gif (2MB, 636x288px) Image search: [Google]
Zipping Along.gif
2MB, 636x288px
>>50168995
>So who's to say there's not a huge 24 lane superhighway where that used to be.

All the Natives who fucked up the government good, the paracritters and overgrown flora who make it a pain to clear land, and the general lack of unity and cohesion between the two 'American' countries.

There is the I-95 IRL, but I don't know how much of that is still in use in 2078. Not like there's lots of people in power who are incentivized to give the plebs freedom of movement.
>>
>>50168995
No, because the middle of the continent has even fewer people than it does now, is split up between six-ish countries, and is full of paracritters and spirits.

Private transportation is faster by air and much of the heavy cargo moves by rail.

It is probably possible to drive from one side of NA to the other, but it is not something most people do because there are number of alternatives which are often faster and cheaper.
>>
File: wet dream.jpg (347KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wet dream.jpg
347KB, 1920x1080px
>>50169045
>>50169052
well shit there goes my superhighway set piece
>>
File: Vehicle Speeds Shadowrun.jpg (66KB, 1645x182px) Image search: [Google]
Vehicle Speeds Shadowrun.jpg
66KB, 1645x182px
>>50169122
Highways still exist, they're just more likely to be 6-10 lanes through urban sprawl.
>>
>>50168175
Rating 6 Nephritic Screen. Willpower 6+, Logic 5, Body 5+. The Drug Tolerant Quality. The Narco genemod. Pharmaceutical-grade drugs.

Combine all of those things and drugs work better, hit softer, and have almost no addiction risk.
>>
>>50167891
I think it's just the terminology that bugs me. 'Provisional' seems to mean anything that hasn't been printed in a book, but might still change. With shit like typoes flagged as provisional (Change "These rules still apply to when you are spending Karma." to "These rules still apply when you are spending Karma."), I still get this impression that it's impermanent and could be changed at any time. I dunno, just annoys me. Especially since they don't announce what they're working on aside from vague passive-aggressive hints from shits like adzling.
>>
>>50169315
Hey, chummer isn't letting me have a spirit of higher than force 2 bound/unbound, any idea on what's up? "Black Magic" tradition and "Spirit of Man", if that helps.
>>
Brackhaven wins.
>>
>>50170306
MAG limit?
>>
I'll be playing in a Shadowrun game in a couple of weeks, but I don't know anything about the system and the GM is new to running a game. What is the most typical shadowrun character I can possible make so my GM doesn't have to be stressed out by weird character concepts?
>>
>>50171651
first of all: What edition?
Second: In the OP there is a pastebin. Make a bookmark of it. In it there is a link titled "GM advice" read it
Third: In the pastebin are a mega and a mediafire link. These contain the books.
Fourth: Get Chummer (for 4e) or Chummer5 (for 5e), tell your GM about it too. It is THE free Character creator for SR, and turns creating characters from a chore into a small effort

About your question: Keep to the 5 metatypes (humans, elves, orcs, dwarves, trolls). Since you are new I'd advise you to make a Street Sammy since their rules are pretty universal. Mages and deckers have more rules to them but are still possible.

If you have questions about your character/some rules/something else you can ask here. If it's about a character print the sheet to pdf and post it here. There usually is someone here willing to help you with the problem
>>
>>50171727
Thanks! I think we're playing the latest edition. I'll check out Chummer5 and tell my GM. Will check back here if I need more help.
>>
What sort of 'ware and deck should a combat decker have?
>>
>Horse Mentor Spirit
>Adept: May learn to use the Movement critter power as a metamagic (self only, 3 times a day)
Does that mean that Adepts don't get any bonus until they Initiate and then take Movement?
>>
>>50172093
If by "combat", you mean "guy who sticks to AR gets into the thick of the fighting with his group" then:

>Ware
- Datajack (Duh!)
- Cerebral Booster (2)
- "Hand of God" maxxed out cyberarm
- Nephretic Screen
- Autoinjector with Init-boosting drug

>Cyberdeck
The Novatech Navigator is a good base to mod further with gimmicks from Data Trails and will last you a good time.

The juicer's way to boost your initiative is not optimal, but both the rest of the 'ware and the deck are already horribly expensive. You'll have a hard time cramming initiative boosting 'ware in your starting budget.
>>
>>50172193
Considering how fucking good movement is, yeah probably.
>>
>>50171610
Magic rating is 9, that shouldn't be the issue. Mystic Adept if that changes anything.
>>
>>50172193
They also get the standard +2 dice to Running or Pilot Ground Craft tests (choose one) that all followers of Horse have.
>>
>>50172556
Right, but they don't get any adept powers like every other mentor spirit gives, is what I'm saying - just the option to later take a unique metamagic.
>>
>>50172556
>Pilot Ground Craft
Why would you choose Pilot Ground Craft when your Movement power is self-only?
>>
How do I even do a running plot for a Shadowrun game?

I'm 2 sessions in to my game, and it recently hit me that I should probably try and either build one of the 2 runs they've gone on into something bigger, or have the third run be the start of a big plot, but I don't really know what to do.

The first run they went on was snagging a crystal from a Ares-employed dude's apartment, for MCT.The crystal was a (faulty) component for a prototype laser gun he was trying to build.
The second run, which they're currently still on, is a retrieval of an Insect Shaman that their Johnson/Ivanov(he's with the Vory, so I called him Gospodin Ivanov instead of Mister Johnson)'s "nephew" was "playing" with, before she escaped. She'll be a few minutes away from summoning a Mother spirit by the time they find her, I figure, just to add some pressure, though I might remove that bit since they're only 6 karma/Ā„14k out of character creation. There was also a second option of trying to retrieve a grimoire from the house of another of Ivanov's "nephews", who got spooked out of his house by a Phantom and left the book behind, but still needs the book. They didn't go with that one, though.
>>
>>50172891
And for what it's worth, my current thoughts for the third run are something explicitly involving a megacorp, or at least a corporate office, with security spiders and/or a Technomancer to protect shit, in addition to the usual guards.

I specifically want to use a Technomancer because my players have all said they think Technomancers are shit, and I wanna try and confuse them with it, by playing it as a lore-typical trickster of the matrix.
>>
>>50172891
>>50172912
Don't worry about building a big plot yet. Either you players will latch onto something entirely on their own, or you'll be able to build something off of their character hooks.

Just remember when designing runs, though, that these aren't self-contained, singular events. Most runs are just one piece of a plot that was going before the runners got involved, and will continue after the runners have finished their job. That's what makes it easy for them to get swept up in something if they actually involve themselves.
>>
>>50172758
Because you want a bonus driving your vehicle. Then later on you'll initiate and get Movement so you can gofast on foot.
>>
>when one party member is holding another in a full nelson and another is berating the full nelsoned party member about how it is not okay to stand up a date and trick the autistic weaboo street samurai into going in your place, all while the other street samurai dwarf is splashing buckets of ice water on him but runs out of buckets so he goes into the garage and grabs an unmarked barrel and splashes that on him instead and the GM says it's Astroglideā„¢
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong: but unless it says you can't take it again, you can keep taking a martial art's techniques, right? Some of them say you can only take them once
>>
Does anyone have any good art for a gun-adept Satyr?
>>
>>50173032
Well, I'm kind of thinking of at least having an NPC from their first run show up again in the next one. The first time, she was the only guard they actually got into combat with(the infiltrator nailed his stealth rolls and got into the dude's apartment without any of the building's guards noticing him, but failed a roll to break a window quietly while she was in the next room playing fake-girlfriend/actual-bodyguard to the guy they were stealing from). Considering bringing her back as an asset being sent with them on their next run, to make sure they don't fuck something up, but I dunno if that'd be considered kosher from either perspective(runner or johnson).

Then again, I guess I could just have the next run be one that plays to their weaknesses, and try to introduce an actual recurring antagonist, or something.
>>
last bump for this thread
anyone got an Idea for the next one?
>>
>>50176680
Thread topic should be "Autism = 1 LOG"
>>
>>50176745
shouldn't autism be LOG 1, CHA 1? Because they are not connected, you can be suave as anything and still be beaten in an IQ test by a sack of potatoes.
In fact, shouldn't it be LOG 1 CHA 1 INT 1? because they are dumber, can't interact with other people and have problems noticing dangers and pain

>captcha: Veterans harold
no captcha, I'm not harold and I'm pretty sure that autists don't become veterans
>>
>>50176827
1 in anything doesn't equate to Autism, is the joke
Some dumbass spent a whole thread trying to say that LOG 1 meant you're retarded, while everyone else said 'no, that's a negative quality'
>>
>>50176902
I know
still, autism (as a negative quality) should impact logic, charisma and intuition skills, right?
>>
>>50176929
I mean, not really, Autistic Savants are a thing.
Maybe have it be a 2-level negative quality. First level gives you a -1 to either mental limit or LOG/CHA/INT caps, second level removes that for a single skill/category, I guess?
>>
>>50177421
So the Aged quality but for mental attributes. And you get less of a karma bonus for choosing to take the free knowledge skills.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>50177876
Whenever someone gets around to making the new thread, I guess. Technically we've still got 40-50 replies before we get saged off the board.
>>
>>50178647
Any clue if there is something borked on my end about the spirit force thing? Astral limit is 9 and I know the magic rating of the character definitely isn't the limiting factor. A physical copy of the sheet exists but I wanted to use chummer to keep a digital record of the sessions' rewards. This spirit thing is making it a bit tedious, I might just end up using a google doc if a solution can't be found.
>>
>>50178647
>>50178895
To clarify, it's not crashing and I can manipulate remaining services just fine; the ticker doesn't go above 2 and inputting a higher value gives me an error noise but no prompt or notification.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.