[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Frontier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 10

File: Z9wsz1t.png (184KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Z9wsz1t.png
184KB, 265x370px
modern memes edition

Anyone make a /frontier/ deck yet? It looks like URx Ensoul, Abzan CoCo, and Dark Jeskai will be the early format kings.

Does anyone currently predict a banlist? I doubt anything would really stir up a frontier banlist.
>>
>>50136120

Did japs publish their top8 decks?
>>
>>50136120
Meme formats are shit. Fuck off.
>>
>>50136544
well there's this
http://www.gatheringmagic.com/benfriedman-11042016-new-frontiers/
>>50136562
>frontier
>meme format

gb2 modern general, I hear there's a new way to spend a grand on cards.
>>
>>50136120
is frontier all cards printed with new border or only the regular expansion sets printed since m15 forward?

I want to have a deck for every format so I can play anywhere I go and I am gullible enough to buy into meme formats, evidenced by both of my tiny leader decks.
>>
>>50136752
It's the 10 (once) standard legal sets from M15 onward and adding future standard legal sets. For example, the next addition is Aether Revolt.
>>
>>50136877
neat. I'll start brewing some memes then.
>>
>>50136638

>elves.dec
>no sylvan advocate
>no manlands
>no coco
>toolbox approach

That's... Interesting.
>>
>>50137790
Lol I noticed that too
>>
goblins seem like they'd be a decently real deck in this format with Piledriver/Rabblemaster/Bushwhacker
>>
What's preventing this from becoming 4 color goodstuff midrange: the format?
>>
>>50141481
My guess would be a solid red aggressive deck, which Wizards cleverly deprived us of during Khans-Battle so the retard whales could enjoy their 4-5 color manabases and put baby Jace in everything. But now that it's out of their greedy hands, we have Swiftspear, Stoke, lightning strike, and so much more...and there's nothing they can do to stop us.

Oh, and 4 color decks will have more than a little trouble hitting their mana. To be honest, I'm only interested in this format so I can go back to my roots and play rabblemaster and some of the other cards I started with, and it looks like they might be alright in this format.
>>
>>50141481
Nothing because Wizards does not design with Modern in mind, let alone fucking Frontier
>>
>>50141711

>Oh, and 4 color decks will have more than a little trouble hitting their mana

I remember KTK+BFZ standard. Manabases were so good that you could run 4c manabase without breaking a sweat.
>>
>>50136120
Wait frontier is that format with the land battlefield right.
Has that gotten popular or something.
>>
>>50142448
Wait i remeber those stupid japs made a m15 onwards format and used a name that was already taken.
Yeah i put together something for that just a moment.
>>
>>50142461
shit i got distracted sorry

Land (22)
4x Aether Hub
4x Darksteel Citadel
1x Island
1x Mountain
4x Shivan Reef
4x Spirebluff Canal
4x Wandering Fumarole
Enchantment (4)
4x Ensoul Artifact
Creature (22)
4x Chief of the Foundry
2x Consulate Skygate
4x Hangarback Walker
4x Ornithopter
4x Ramroller
4x Scuttling Doom Engine
Artifact (8)
4x Tamiyo's Journal
4x Whirlermaker
Instant (4)
4x Shrapnel Blast
Sideboard (15)
2x Consulate Skygate
3x Ghostfire Blade
3x Keeper of the Lens
3x Negate
3x Orbs of Warding
1x Soul of New Phyrexia
>>
>>50142636
oh and link
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/frontier-scissors/
>>
>>50142636
>>50142643
looking over desu archive it seems im not the only one that decided to build scisors for this format i would be quite interested in comparing my scissors with some other peoples scissors
it seems to me like there will be several variations on the scissors deck
>>
>>50142643
I hope tappedout adds the new meme format soon i wanna be able to compare my scissors with other scissors.
>>
>>50136877
so it's just modern-modern then?
>>
>>50144057
I run jeskai scissors with skysovereign, toolcraft exemplar, fleetwheel cruiser, bygone bishop, pia nalaar, and some other jank
>>
>>50146314
No Coldsnap, no Innistrad, no Ravinica, no Theos.
>>
>>50146315
Interesting.
>>
>>50151015
You'd be surprised, it doesn't put ensoul first but it has many different ways to dish damage in the early and late games.
>>
I think a lot of people are building ensoul because so many cards are part of the core of the deck you have 1/3 of the deck already worked out that we know works from m15.

And theres so many difrent directions you can take it im building a general artifact deck i have seen thopter tribal with oblisk of urd, anon above has vechiles.

It has been a long time since i have seen a deck with this many viable variations.
>>
So how many turns am I looking at?
I have a play set of omenhedral, what can I do with that?
>>
>>50136638
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/frontier-magic-2010-05-24
???
>>
File: 1460860667111.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1460860667111.gif
2MB, 500x281px
I still say this reeks of merchants trying to get rid of all the KTK block and few Origins cards that they bought back from people selling them.
>>
>>50136120
>Format invented by nipnong card speculators
I mean, it's less immediately solvable than TL was, but nah, I think I'm going to sit this format out. Nips can keep their shitty backstock of second hand Khans block cards.
>>
>>50153432
>I still say this reeks of merchants trying to get rid of all the KTK block and few Origins cards that they bought back from people selling them.

Rumor has it this is Wizards backed, the Kamigawa's just jumped the gun.

Sort/of kind of makes sense when you look at it from their perspective. People bitch and moan about how the net-decks they spent hundreds on are worthless once they rotate out of standard. Frontier gives them an eternal format to play their old standard decks in.
>>
>>50136120
This is going to crash and burn, just like Tiny Leaders. Why bother? Everyones going to play coco and copter.
>>
Are there any LGSes that are even making Frontier events?
>>
Been working on getting some Khan Fetches to make a few decks.

Grixis Prowess, Dark Jeskai and a gimmicky Ghirapur Aether Grid build.
>>
>>50152680
I wonder if anybody is playing the m15 artifact boosted creatures im 80% sure there is nothing strictly better then aeronaught tinkererer or scrapyard mongrel (i did check but im not completly certain if my memory of not finding any is right as i ended up not having anything like it anyway)
I suppose most white ensoul will have toolcraft exempler.

Hoarding dragon will see even less play then it did that standard with all the exile in this format.
>>
>>50146315
Why bygone bishop seems an odd choice with all those 4 and 5 drops
I guess the clues are artifacts.
>>
>>50154890
You would think but ensoul seems to be the popular choice.
I came in towards the end of m15s time in standard how popular was ensoul when it first arived.
>>
>>50142636
I am thinking i should probably try and fit lightning bolt in the sideboard somewhere.
And maybe siege dragon but im biased there because i really like siege dragon
>>
>>50141711
>Oh, and 4 color decks will have more than a little trouble hitting their mana
You wot mate
Between 3 color lands and all the any color generators i don't see much problems.
>>
>>50155982
The only 4-5 drops are the vehicles. The rest are >3 drops that can shit out the artifacts and more easily trigger metalcraft/generate card draw. Bygone bishop is just a card advantage-generating flier.
>>
>>50157202
Makes sense.
>>
>>50154227
It's not even a rumor, WotC people at a recent PT said "post Modern" is a thing they want, just not right now.
>>
>>50136120
You guys realize that Wizards is just going to bring Extended back instead of supporting another non-rotating format, right?
>>
>>50157216
2 Kytheon, Hero of Akros
3 Toolcraft Exemplar
3 Inventor’s Goggles
2 Unsubstantiate
4 Hangarback Walker
4 Ensoul Artifact
2 Prophetic Prism
4 Shrapnel Blast
4 Thopter Engineer
2 Pia Nalaar
3 Bygone Bishop
4 Fleetwheel Cruiser
2 Skysovereign, Consul Flagship

Here's what I have so far.

What should I do for the landbase, though? I have 1x Foundry of the Ancients and 1x Inventor's Fair, along with 3x Darksteel Citadel so far.
>>
>>50157216
Im looking over some decks and am looking at an interesting deck similar to yours.
Stubborn denial seems good at first but i feel like although you will often make the ferocious you will have plenty of mana to just play negate instead.
>>
>>50157300
If your running ensoul you pretty much have to get the full 4 darksteel citadel.

Its insanly good.
>>
>>50142636
It just occurred to me that with all the exile i may need a way to protect my citadels
>>
>>50157370
The obvious one is turn aside but disapering act is tempting as well so i can shuffle my ensouls around.
>>
>>50157556
At the very least im gonna change the negates in my sideboard to disapering act
>>
>>50157591
Scatter to the wind could be good to 8/8 indestructible lands
>>
idk why everybody is hating on this format

I like modern but enemy fetchlands are out of my price range and this format let's me play with non-rotating cards that are higher power level than standard, and I won't be limiting myself in terms of colors and strategies like I would trying to build budget modern decks

To be fair a lot of these frontier staples are expensive as hell like bfz Gideon, but I'm still excited to brew in this format
>>
>>50157754
The good thing is, format staples are going to cap at $20. So much more reasonable than $150 for a goyf
>>
4 Cathartic Reunion
1 Crater's Claws
2 Magmatic Insight
4 Nissa's Pilgrimage
1 Tormenting Voice
3 Traverse the Ulvenwald
1 Dragonlord Atarka
1 Hornet Queen
3 World Breaker
3 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
3 Cinder Glade
4 Drownyard Temple
8 Forest
3 Game Trail
6 Mountain
2 Fall of the Titans
4 Galvanic Bombardment
4 Kozilek's Return
3 Pyromancer's Goggles
SB: 2 Den Protector
SB: 1 Chandra, Flamecaller
SB: 1 Dragonlord Atarka
SB: 3 Fiery Temper
SB: 1 Genesis Hydra
SB: 2 Goblin Dark-Dwellers
SB: 2 Tireless Tracker
SB: 1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
SB: 2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Brew I stole from plebbit. Very fun, going to test it some more and make some changes. Sideboard will be the first to go I think. Always been fond of controlly/combo-y red decks and super secret spicy tech, so I think this one's a winner for me. God bless frontier.
>>
>>50142636
Would you say this deck is agro or midrange /tg/
Its sort of on the midway point between them im leaning towards calling it agro with a slight midrange lean.
>>
but why did they choose the sets they did
>>
>>50158504
The m15 border change.
Also probably wanted to make sure they had lightening strike
>>
>>50158294
I see what its trying to so but why the fuck only 3 traverse its already got a highly questionable type balence so its already gonna be hard to fire why make it harder with only 3.

Overall its not a bad idea but as is with only 3 planeswalkers and 5 creatures you almost have to add something to tutor for your tutor fuel.

I would have used the planeswalker pack chandra with its tutor.
>>
>>50158730
Oh and the 3 artifact.
>>
>>50158730
i'm not super impressed with traverse. it'll probably get cut entirely. goggles will probably stay at three as it's almost never something i want to see two of, but i always want to see one.

as for everything else you're saying, i'm not really sure what you mean. chandra, pyrogenius is terribad and liberating combustion is worse.
>>
How good/fun is the 34 Rhinos.dec in Frontier?
>>
>>50158854
Well by the looks of it the idea is to trigger delirium for traverse to fetch your creatures.

Able to have an extra burn spell that doubles as getting a planeswalker out to chuck in your graveyard seems like a good idea.

Also some artifact creatures would help.

If thats not what the deck is then i have no fucking idea what that set of cards is trying to do. do you have a link to where you got it on reddit.
>>
>>50158504
>but why did they choose the sets they did
Because that's what stock they had lying around.

An actual new nonrotating format would start at Battle for Zendikar to both 1) exclude unwanted cards (Rhino, fetchlands, delve cards), and 2) make the format line up nicely with their era of the Gatewatch.
>>
File: en_7imxJLicMd.png (175KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_7imxJLicMd.png
175KB, 265x370px
Using M15 and Khans is a mistake. If Frontier ever becomes a thing, Elvish Mystics are Fetches are going to be hell as expensive.
>>
>>50159467
>Elvish mystic
>Expensive
Wait what? I doubt it's gonna be popular enough to make him in any way expensive. If he doesn't get a reprint.
But yeah, having fetches in yet another set would be dumb. Although I like the whole block.
>>
>playing color salad when you can play Mono Green Scales

It's probably the comfyest deck in Frontier.
>>
>>50159573
Since M15 we don't see a 1-Drop Mana-dork. R&D decided that Mana Dorks should cost 2 or more. Probably not getting a reprint in Standard any time soon, maybe on MM sets.
>>
>>50159190
Jesus fuck no do you want to be stuck without lightening bolt for 5 years.

I will take the rhino over that nightmare.
>>
>>50159573
What >>50159649 said. 1-drop mana dorks are now in the same category as 2-mana hard counters and Lightning Bolt where we almost assuredly won't see them printed in Standard legal sets, and those are the only ones printed in large enough numbers to have a significant impact on prices.
>>
>>50160303
They should release from the vault: never again. All the basic effects that will never be printed in standard again.
Lightening bolt
Elvish mystic
Counterspell
The 5 artifact lands
>>
>>50159601
This deck seems fun. I have no idea if frontier is happening at my lgs but I would want to build this if it does. Might throw in a couple energy cards I have lying around because I also want to just slam hydras on the field
>>
>>50136120
This format would be 1000x better if you dropped the Tarkir block for Theros.
>>
Face2face here in Toronto is fighting to make this format a thing. Two guys have also started a podcast about Frontier. I think they switched from having 3 modern nights a week to 2 with Frontier on Wednesday nights.

I've only got my BW warrior shitbrew deck but I'm curios to see what the local meta looks like compared to the lists from Hareruya.
>>
Safe space: the format.
>>
>>50136120
Is this fine senpai´s?

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/507388#paper
>>
>>50160935
This.

I just want to play WU Heroic again
>>
>>50163344
You can play Heroic in Pauper.
I mean, most Mechanics are viable in Pauper. You just need to give it enough support.
I've made a Bushido deck work once, I'm sure you can make a Heroic.
>>
>>50160614
>bitching about elven mystic never being printed in standard again instead of Llanny "Broken Bonez" War elves
>uttering elven mystic and artifact lands in the same breath as though they are contemporaries

You must come from a strange plane of existence.
>>
>>50159467

Elvish Mystic will never be expensive because it's a friggen common that is abundant across 2 fairly recent core sets.
>>
>>50160303
MaRo keeps whining about how it's all a cycle and we need to power down before we power up, but this is the longest we've been without powerful cards in standard that aren't powerful because they don't know how to balance 2+ colors for shit.
>Urza to Invasion
>Invasion to Mirrodin
>Mirrodin to Time Spiral-Lorwyn
>Lorwyn to ZEN/SOM/ISD

And since then we've been in power down mode. R&D doesn't to design strong cards because they may upstage their shitty planeswalkers and prevent big stores from opening cases like crazy to find all the walkers they need for all the spikes playing exactly the same deck because there's only one powerful card each set nowadays and it's always a mythic.
>>
>>50160935

>another thoughtseize T1 format
>>
File: tmp_13165-29893-1379298231.jpg (420KB, 1000x1377px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13165-29893-1379298231.jpg
420KB, 1000x1377px
>>50165676
Be glad that's all they can do.
>>
>>50165564

>there's only one powerful card each set nowadays and it's always a mythic.

>the fucking copter that's even in the OP's post
>mythic

You went full spaghetti mate.
>>
>>50165697

that card is pretty trash tho, thoughtseize is way better
>>
File: 1264005978294.jpg (13KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1264005978294.jpg
13KB, 375x360px
>>50165762
>>
>>50165762

You're joking right?
>>
>>50164116
Sure, but Serum Visions disagrees.
>>
>>50166083

Serum Visions was only printed in one set from 11 years ago and a bunch of people dumped it when Preordain came out. Not even remotely comparable to Elvish Mystic.
>>
So I get why people may not want to play frontier. But why do these threads draw in so much shitposting? Its win-win, casuals get to play their shitty pet decks, and the spikes get to brew a new format and dominate. Why can't we have nice things?

Is playing Declaration in Stone instead of PtE really such a huge trigger for some people?
>>
File: bobbyfrye_elf_Frame1_large.gif (100KB, 275x375px) Image search: [Google]
bobbyfrye_elf_Frame1_large.gif
100KB, 275x375px
>>50166151
Ponder was printed as common in fairly recent sets and it would be as expensive as visions if it wasen't banned.
Elvish Mystic probably won't be expensive on the first 3 years of Frontier, but it will eventually.
>>
>>50159051
https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgfrontier/comments/5bdcca/brew_of_the_day_3_gr_goggles/

The idea is to ramp and generate fuckhueg mana and value by casting spells like cathartic reunion with goggles, netting +3 cards. Then you just cast big dudes and win after sweeping their board multiple times.
>>
>>50165762
>first turn
>play unmask
>know exactly what to play first turn
>>
>>50164116
I get your point. And I know the circumstances aren't exact but I think if Lightning Bolt was reprinted for Standard right now it would still be a $3 (un)common.

My point is that though supply does contribute slightly, it's the demand (or big stores like Starcity) that dictate prices more than anything. If Elvish Mystic was a must-play it would be expensive.

They will reprint Tarmogoyf forever and the fucking thing will just keep going up. It will dip from reprints but overall it just goes up.
>>
>>50166595
I see.
Seems not good to me but its not the sort of deck i can wrap my head around so maybe its decent
>>
>>50166343

Ponder has had 3 set printings and is played abundantly in almost every U based deck in Eternal formats, it's fairly cheap as far as powerful commons go, Ancient Stirrings is more expensive as is Spell Pierce. Though there is a point to be made if Ponder was ever unbanned in Modern that the price would spike a fair bit. FOIL versions of Ponder though is another story.
>>
>>50166971

Tarmagoyf reprints from Modern Masters value has actually gone down though. Albeit reeeeeeeeeaaaal slow but it has gone down about $30 initially where as the Future Sights versions have gone up due to the different art.

Lightning Bolt if it was reprinted for Standard would fetch a few dollars just because of its iconic power value and sought after demand as every deck in Standard that's R will look to jam it in. Every powerful common/uncommon will do this in Standard which right now are cards like Harness Lightning and Aether Hub. I honestly cannot ever see Elvish Mystic hitting say Monastery Swiftspear prices at their peak in the format but I am however willing to not dismiss the possibility of Mystic hitting about $1 maybe if it ever becomes in high demand.
>>
File: Image-25.png (116KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image-25.png
116KB, 223x311px
I hope this becomes a thing so I can play atarka red and red blue tutelage again. That's all I want.
>>
File: 1443130316383.png (70KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
1443130316383.png
70KB, 230x300px
>new format where I can play monoR
Time to brew
I don't even think a LGS near me play this format tho

>>50167090
Mythic rarity was a fucking mistake
>>
>>50167090
I just want to say that there was a time when Tarmogoyf was a $75 card around M10. The birth of Modern only drove up the price. And it has not gone down since. The card is ~150USD now. Not only is Wizards designing the product (less packs/box, higher MSRP, limited printings) the distributors are holding onto product to sell at an absurd markup by claiming there is (short) supply.

Fucking card hasn't gone down at all. It never will.

The market is so stacked against the players it's not even funny. Even though I have all the cards I think it is fucking stupid that people have to pay hundreds of dollars for a single deck. Even though everyone's saying, "Standard is cheaper than ever", it's still fucking hundreds of dollars for a single deck. Being less stupid doesn't change the fact that it's stupid.

I think it's stupid that I have a deck in front of me that averages out to a 75-tall stack of $20 bills. It's not something to be proud of. I actually feel ashamed that somehow this is the state of the game. I can't believe that people continue to defend collector-value when they don't have any fucking people to play with.
>>
>>50167215
I think it's funny that people defend collector value because defending collection value presumes that someone is going to cash out of something.

How the fuck are you going to cash out if there's nobody around to sell it to.

It's like the players promoting the new Commander decks. They are good value, they say. They only have good value if you are willing to waste your time selling or trading the cards away, in which you are investing way more time and effort than the value you gain. In reality, each deck MAYBE contains 5 cards that will move easily whereas the rest is fucking shit that nobody wants even if it sells for a high price.
>>
>>50166972
I've played four or five matches on cockatrice with it so far and I've yet to lose. It's very well poised to go over the heads of all the 4c midrange and control decks that are running around and has some crazy blowout plays, like goggles into fall of the titans.

It definitely needs some tweaking, like the entire sideboard area, but it's crazy fun.
>>
>>50167215

Tarmogoyf actually has gone down though since Modern Master reprints. Future Sight versions have gone down to $150 from a peak of almost $200 and Modern Masters versions have gone to $120-$130 from peaks of $160-$180. Like I said they're going down reaaaaaaaaaaallll slow but they're going down as speculators are aiming to cash out low due to impatience.
>>
>>50167395
Things have gone down because people are playing less Modern, aka. the worst format in Magic after Tiny Leaders.
>>
>>50167395
Yes, the price is dropping. But the only thing that matters is if it will drop below $75, which was a problem then.

$75 cards are fucking ridiculous. It was a problem then, a problem now, and will continue to be a problem in the future and the reality is that there is absolutely NOTHING effective being done to address the problem.

Nobody is willing to wait the years necessary for the price of cards to drop before they can buy into a format. They'll just say, "Fuck it". And we've been sitting in this stew of ridiculous prices in all formats of this game for years and people are just saying fuck off to this game. No new players and no interest in exploring unattainable formats, and this game will die.

I can't believe there are people in stores telling prospective players that "if you save up for a year and buy a few cards at a time, you will have a deck". What kind of fucking situation is that? There is almost NO form of entertainment in the world that has that level of cost restriction. I can walk out my door and put a payment down and I'd have another car NOW.
>>
>>50167215
>>50168011
Be the change you want to see in the world. Stop buying cards for $20 each.
>>
>>50165715
The exeption that proves the rule.
>Liliana
>Avacyn
>Nissa
>Gideon
>Jace
>Ojutai
>Ugin
>Fetchlands/Rhino
7 sets since the last time a rare was the best card in the set.
>>
>>50167090
Man, lightning bolt was a mistake. It massively messes with the values of all burn, as creatures have to be designed around dealing with it. If they can deal with lightning bolt, they can deal with shock easier. Saddly they didn't just ban it and move on like ancestral.
>>
>>50167343
Well, to be fair, cock has really high player skill variance. Nothing really tells you if you are playing a pro slumming or some scrub that thinks highlander control is a thing...

Speaking of, I am trying to brew up a creatureless not green deck around Myth Realized. I am really stuck on what to cut.

1 Ajani Steadfast<- Suprisingly great. LL, V, & FS are nice keywords.
1 Sorin, Grim Nemesis<- Card draw engine that can execute other walkers.

Instants
1 Lightning Axe<- Long time favorite spell. Meant to power a madness sub theme.
1 Dispel<- Hits a lot of annoying things.
1 Select for Inspection<- Bounce is good?
1 Stubborn Denial<- Myth protection.
1 Turn Aside<- I like this effect.
1 Temur Battle Rage<- Suprise your dead with a myth.
1 Lightning Strike<- Seems to be a staple?
1 Disdainful Stroke<- Good?
1 Negate<- Good?
1 Valorous Stance<- Removal+protection?
1 Feat of Resistance<- Myth coverage?
1 Fiery Temper<- Madness sub theme.
1 Take Inventory<- Supposed to be running 4. Discard a couple then cheap draw.
1 Kolaghan's Command<- Really nice?
1 Anguished Unmaking<- Not quite Vindicate?
1 Crackling Doom<- Good removal?
1 Ojutai's Command<- UW cryptic?
1 Silumgar's Command<- Sexy?
1 Murderous Cut<- 1 mana murder?

Sorceries
1 Collective Brutality<- Madness sub theme.
1 Murderous Compulsion<- Madness sub theme.
1 Declaration in Stone<- format staple?
1 Alms of the Vein<- Madness sub theme.
1 Painful Truths<- draw 3 for 3.
1 Crux of Fate<- Board wipe.
1 Treasure Cruise<- ancestral visions.

Lands
2 Mountain
2 Swamp
1 Polluted Delta
3 Mystic Monastery
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Bloodstained Mire
4 Island
1 Sunken Hollow
2 Flooded Strand
1 Prairie Stream
2 Plains
2 Nomad Outpost
>>
>>50169225
Oop, first part of that deck list.

Enchantments
4 Myth Realized <- Rapidly builds into a giant fatty. Buff with walkers and clear a path.
1 Oath of Chandra <- Burn that also is basically free damage with walkers... which I should have out.

Artifact
1 Dynavolt Tower<- Free bolt every 2.5 spells.

Planeswalkers
1 Saheeli Rai<- Mainly to clone big myths in the endgame.
1 Chandra, Torch of Defiance<- Don't really know... seems like nice?
1 Nahiri, the Harbinger<- Feeds cruise? Punishes attackers? Considering cutting.
1 Dovin Baan<- card draw, and also low level defense. Considering cutting.
1 Narset Transcendent<-Hits 2/3 on card draw. Also rebound is nice?
>>
The stupid expeditions and shit just make things worse.
The increased supply cannot possibly keep up with the increased demand when they are that rare.

Im sure wizards know dam well what they are doing they just want to apoease the precious speculators even after doing so permanently fucked the game with the reserve list.
>>
>>50168011

You will very rarely ever see a card drop back to its original price pre-spike levels. No matter how much supply you're not going to see Goyf reach $60 anytime in the next decade. Usually this is the result of two things, firstly Goyf's power level and playability across multiple formats, second the reprinting of Goyf has been slow as hell and lastly because certain vendors like SCG tend to buyout Goyf's from people to keep the price high, they did this with Modern Masters during a GP in 2013
>>
>>50169006

I wouldn't call Bolt a mistake but it is warping. If Bolt is put into Standard again then creatures need to be able to either provide value(ETB effect, cast triggers) or the rest of R removal in the format needs to be slow and more expensive(sorcery speed, RR+ costs)
>>
>>50165676
That's actually a good point. Fuck thoughtseize, it and the rhino would be the first things I would ban.
>>
>>50170838
I would wait on Rhino. Think of it this way, there's many more ways to deal with it now. Ensoul decks can shrapnel blast that fuckboy and other white decks can use Dec-the-halls-in-stone to send its ass to the shadow realm
>>
>>50170734
fuck star city games
how exactly did they get so powerful again
>>
>>50170977
unregulated markets always tend towards monopolies
>>
>>50170977

Because the market is unregulated and thus a monopoly appears. When there's no government intervention to police a market on behalf of the consumer it's the consumers who lose out. Kind of the same thing happening in the video game industry as well with review embargos and overpriced season passes that are pretty much interest free loans.
>>
What would be the best reanimator or dredge style deck in this format? Haunted Dead+Prized Amalgam is pretty good in Standard right now but what else can you do further if we go back far enough?
>>
>tfw the only meme format that caught my atention was penny dreadful
>it probably would never come to paper because it would be relaly difficult to make a legal card list
Fuck
atleast I can play Jeskai Prowess or MonoR again
should I go full meme and use Zada in jeskai?
>>
>>50141463
atarka red is strictly better than mono-sideways goblins
>>
>>50168840
Thought Knot Seer
Reality Smasher
Eldrazi Mimic
>>
>>50173008
Forgot

Smuggler's Copter
Collected company
Kalitas
>>
>>50165892
>>50165900
>>50166950
Unmask sees zero play outside of BR reanimator in Legacy. The fact that you two for one without even making your opponent commit mana is really detrimental. Thoughtseize IS better than Unmask and I even think Unmask is underplayed. Not even the guy you responded to.
>>
are there actual tournament results where I can see deck lists? or is this just a format where people brew for brews sake?
Just looking to netdeck the beast Siege Rhino deck, with or without red/blue whichever is easiest on mana
>>
>>50174164
If this format becomes a thing, I was planning on making Jeskai Black with Nahiri and Torrential Gearhulk.
I never sold my KtK stuff, so I'm set
>>
>>50174323
But Jeskai is red, blue, white, add black and you still can't Siege Rhino. How do you cast Siege Rhino?
>>
>>50136120
If they make a ban list I'm dropping the format. I'm only here SPECIFICALLY for the fact there is no ban list.
>>
>>50176226
Agreed. I really like the power level were at now and the meta is really diverse.
>>
>>50136120
What's the most obnoxious and oppresive deck i can get to play, so i can crush my friends and they stop playing this shit format
>>
File: PartingThoughts.jpg (23KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
PartingThoughts.jpg
23KB, 200x285px
Does anyone else think it's awesome and totally strange that this card is the first since ice age to have a quote from Leshrac? Does anyone think it depicts Gix??

I'm getting a magicboner right now.
>>
>>50176628
There are none, because it's not a shit format! Haha!
>>
Who else is ready for a decent, reasonably priced format?

In other news, trump wins.
>>
>>50176628
Infinite copters + Gideon
>>
>>50178253
Its the year of impossibilitys so why not
All we need now is a new marvel vs capcom game and for wizards to abolish the reserve list or at least repeal that retarded 2010 change.
>>
>>50178253

>Reasonably priced format

Yeah that's what Modern was supposed to be too, until it was officially adopted then speculators drive up the prices

Grab your Dig Through Times now as well as your fetches.
>>
>>50181184
God dam fucking secondry market faggots.

Even as somebody who can afford any cards i want they make me mad.
And wizards keep fucking catering to them while claiming they dont.
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.