[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tournament Etiquette

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1452505193426.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452505193426.gif
1MB, 300x300px
Is it bad etiquette to now show up for the second day of an event?

I've been using tabletop as an excuse/way to force myself to be social and interact with people and I'm currently in a 2-day tournament,

I am not enjoying the experience of being stuck in a fairly crowded room with others. Talking between rounds, I mentioned this to someone and the TO moved some tables out into another room and asked for a bit of noise control.

I should be thankful for this accommodation, but I feel patronized and do not like having others know that that It bothered me. I regret bringing that up at all, especially since several people there know that it was me had issues;

I am considering not showing up to day 2, but I know that 2 others will get by-rounds and I'd be insulting the accommodations that were provided.
>>
>>50131004
Sorry, last line did not get pasted,

Am I just being an autistic faggot at this point? Which is worse, showing up with the shame of accommodations or just not showing up at all?
>>
>>50131040
Kinda, yeah...sorry mate
>>
File: 1477874327086.gif (842KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1477874327086.gif
842KB, 480x270px
I think the fact that they tried to accommodate you means they enjoyed having you around to some degree, so I wouldn't worry about them too much.

Are you having fun there anon? That's really the most important thing. If you're enjoying yourself it'd be silly to deny yourself fun.
>>
File: 1470349018112.png (815KB, 1167x622px) Image search: [Google]
1470349018112.png
815KB, 1167x622px
>>50131004
It's not a big deal at all boyo, nobody will think any less of you. Don't work yourself up over nothing.
>>
>>50131082
Thought so.

>>50131095
I'm really not. I enjoy the game, just hate the atmosphere. I'm used to chess and go, which are mostly very quiet, where this has more the social loudish bar feel.
>>
>>50131095
>>50131004
>>
Don't stress yourself out whichever way you go.
If you drop out, let them know in advance and they'll understand. You're not insulting their accommodations if you bow out respectfully.
>>
>>50131104
>>50131147
I just messaged the TO, I still feel terrible about it though. I wanted to enjoy this and set aside time for it. I've played in a few smaller events mostly ok, but I am hating this. I don't really know what I expected, I thought I would be better at dealing with it since the last time I tried heading to a large event.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.