[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rapture 1985

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: bioshock_collection_hero.jpg (655KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bioshock_collection_hero.jpg
655KB, 1920x1080px
Mulling over a savage worlds setting where Bioshock's rapture lasts till 1985. Ryan "dies" in an "accident" and Fontaine Futuristics takes over. I have a bunch of ideas and wanted to shoot it past you gents. also bioshock lore thread I guess?
>>
Basic gist is that its a fast sexier version of Rapture with more enemies and weird 1960s future stuff. Splicers begin wrecking shit even after the death of Ryan so Fontaine begins commissioning a new Adam based formula to avert the effects of splicing. The product works as intended with a few side effects, Children born of splicers inherit those same defects in a FAS inspired way. Those who stop taking their meds begin mutating faster.
>>
File: Grenadelaunchercitizen.jpg (391KB, 1000x716px) Image search: [Google]
Grenadelaunchercitizen.jpg
391KB, 1000x716px
New companies and areas are expanded, such as Caracas Automotion that begins building robot servants, security and maintenance. Another company idea is a think tank of biogeneticists that use adam to splice the perfect children and animals.
>>
>>50130065
just go play Fallout 4 and be done with it.
>>
Isn't the whole point is that users of Adam are inherently and dangerously flawed?

>>50133210
But why would you ever play literally the worst game of 2016.
>>
What do you do about the 50% of Rapture that is still underwater and the rest that is threatening to break open too?
>>
>>50133304
Its a Rapture that's not in total annihilation circa 1960 by the sounds of it. Fontaine just played the long con and killed Ryan when he got a chance at total domination instead of the capitalism way where he caused a total war within Rapture between his gang and Ryan's.

That said. You need to set it during the 60s instead and alter what happened. I doubt that Rapture would still be around if the splicing was as prolific as it was in the game. Remember Bioshock 2 happened 8 years after Bioshock 1 and the entire place hadn't really progressed . The splicers were even more unhinged and the only reason the place hadn't collapsed was that they were communists and lived in the same fucking places you visited.

Meanwhile in Bioshock 1 you pretty much appear juuuuuust after Fontaine is 'killed' off and its clean up duty against his 'remnants' who are still attacking everyone who's Ryan related or has Adam.

You could say that Fontaine didn't try to muscle out Ryan until 1960 and Ryan was killed off by the PC from Bioshock 1 after Fontaine found out Ryan was going to use him as a assassin to kill Fontaine. This backfired since Fontaine learned his codephrase and used it to kill Ryan during briefing.

Due to the fragile and capitalist nature of Rapture then you have Fontaine take over as 'leader' by buying out Ryan Industries and begins the sale of tech to Russia and the US which was his plan all along.

You could play the subterfuge game and just have your players be random agents from companies/nations and make sure none of them tell the others their goals. Then build the campaign around this.

Just have the story be around a Rapture thats slowly rebuilding after the splicers go nuts and cause massive issues for the normies that didnt go all addict.
Your players are just the spies and plants that the surface managed to mix in with the new recruits.
>>
>>50130065

Abyss on a city scale.
>>
>>50133654

Make sure though that the players are limited in their goals and factions though. You don't need ridiculous ideas for them to try and play out. Maybe you could have one plant be the guy trying to kill anyone who's Russian since the Russians might be trying to wipe out Rapture and Fontaine after getting a juicy bit of tech that the US didn't. Maybe the company players are trying to cover up a prior espionage effort into Rapture that Fontaine has yet to realise and they want to confirm the patent so they sent in a cleaner to delete any evidence it was Rapture borne.

Then of course you have adam and splicing. Especially if theres a better form of adam from your ideas.
>>
File: bdlr.jpg (193KB, 729x487px) Image search: [Google]
bdlr.jpg
193KB, 729x487px
>>50133698
I'll admit, thats a pretty awesome campaign idea, Maybe have competing companies/local figures disrupt Fontaine's plans when rumors of shady shit start to spread. I had ideas of more exotic Plasmids like Turning your fists into metallic maces and growing cateyes to see in the dark. I've been reading alot of Minerva's den on the wiki and was thinking that Fontaine would def commission more military grade stuff from there including the lancer.
>>
Half the city is flooded ruins. Thanks to "gills" plasmid, this is less of a problem than it otherwise would have been.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.