[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 55

File: Best General3.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
Best General3.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Not Your Self Help Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
Yesterday I went to my LGS for a game to practice my harlequins:
1500 Harlequins:
Solitaire, Haywire Grenades (150)
3x Shadowseer, all ML2, Haywire, One with Mask of Secrets (105,90,90)
3x DJ, Haywire, One upgraded to Inriam's Spectre (65,65,70)
3x Troupe: Master, Embrace + 7 Players, 5x Kiss, 1x Embrace & 1x Ablative (181x3)
2x Skyweavers: 2 Skyweavers, Zephyrglaives (120x2)
Voidweaver, Prismatic Cannon (80)

Opponent's Necrons:
Decurion, not sure on the formations outside of:
Canoptek Harvest, 6x Wraiths, Spyder, Scarabs
Reclamation Legion
3x Tomb Blades
2x10 Warriors, 1 in ghost ark
CCB
10 Immortals in Night scythe
10 deathmarks

I rolled my warlord trait as +4 to sieze so I deployed 29" away from his models, allowing me to move up 6, and cast veil on each troupe to be 23" away ready for turn two.

I siezed and did just this. He moved his wraiths and tomb blades (WHY) forward up to the middle of the board, leaving both 17" away. Most of his units were between 20 and 22 away.

17" was too close though my turn two came, and my three troupes moved up rapidly. They each moved 6, ran at least 5" and prepared to charge. I got two troupes into the wraiths and one into the tomb blades, assuming I couldn't kill the wraiths in one round of combat and wanting that JOOCY first blood. I also had 'Kill a unit in combat' meaning I'd get 2 VPs. I used the unit with Inriam's for this as they were 1" from cover and had Shrouded, giving me a 2+ cover save if they aren't in combat.

In combat I removed 4 of the 6 wraiths, and as he was hitting me on 6s due to Fog of Dreams he only removed one Harlequin (and due to placement, it was one without a weapon upgrade). However, they were fearless so combat continued. The tomb blades were wiped and the troupe consolidated into combat.
>>
Posted this in the previous thread at the last second.

Why the fuck do I suck at getting rid of mould lines?

I always end up destroying the model's details. They're hard as fuck to remove. Am I using a shitty hobby knife? Not holding it at the right angle?

How long should it take to clean the mould lines off a model?

I want my shit to be awesome. When I post a painted model here, I don't want crudely drawn circles showing me where I fucked up.
>>
>>50128628

His CCB moved toward the Skyweavers but failed the charge of 5"! his warriors sat to keep an objective, and his ghost ark moved up to shoot the troupe out of combat. However he couldn't draw line of sight without moving over 6" and so had to snap fire guns. I lost no harlequins here, and in combat the two troupes fighting the wraiths were charged by scarabs and the spyder. Embraces mopped up the spider, while other attacks mopped up the last 2 wraiths.

My turn three, the solitaire blitzed towards his warriors in the backlines; a troupe prepared to kill a ghost ark, and the troupe that had just gotten out of combat moved towards his command barge. In assault I mopped up his units, leaving him with a squad of 10 warriors, and his reserves.
Luckily for him, they all came in.
He moved the night scythe on, popping the voidweaver & dropping out 10 immortals, who, combined with the recently transport-less warriors, killed an entire troupe with their shooting. His deathmarks came in and marked Inriam's unit, but the 2+ cover saved my ass.
I knew I had no hope of killing a night scythe so I focussed on the ground game, charging the warriors with my Solitaire and a troupe, while my four skyweavers and second (seriously weakened) troupe charged the immortals. I wiped the warriors but did ZERO wounds to the immortals thanks to some frankly unreal reanimations. We counted and he made 19 without taking a single wound. He killed nothing too so we piled in.
The next assault phase was more normal, and he lost 6 immortals before being swept.
>>
>>50128642
Overall I won on objectives since he couldn't cap any as I was on him so quickly. However, I think he played the matchup really poorly and he could have done a few things differently to make his odds better:
Screening with chaff units to ensure a charge/being able to shoot the unit without cover or veil to protect it after the combat.
Move together as a group. He split up which allowed me to pick off the scariest elements of his list without fear of retalliation.
Overall, was a good game for learning harlequins, my third with them ever. I forgot a few things, like the Solitaire getting a kiss attack, but my gameplan seemed to work nearly flawlessly.
>>
Is it better to bring many troops or few to spend on more valuable units?
>>
File: Goth Battle Slut.jpg (425KB, 1125x1453px) Image search: [Google]
Goth Battle Slut.jpg
425KB, 1125x1453px
Thread claimed by the Sisters.

Get fucked, heretics.
>>
So can I rotate the colors of my vehicles?
My army colors are Red, Black and Orange (in that order) and I was thinking about painting each of my Rhinos a different main color (so one all Red, the next all Black, etc) and then invert the detail colors.

Will this be hard to show or look odd?
I figured it would help since not all my armies are WYSIWYG and I could said "Black Rhino has X, Orange Rhino has Y." That would be easier to keep track of I think.
>>
>>50128614
To make it a bit more likely, just like they do now. Did you even think before posting?
>>
File: ImperialGuardTriumphant.jpg (110KB, 787x538px) Image search: [Google]
ImperialGuardTriumphant.jpg
110KB, 787x538px
>>50128663
I contest this thread in the name of the Imperial Guard! Surrender your arms of feel the full force of our arms.
>>
>>50128649
How are you finding Harlequins overall?

I'm slowly working on some Harlies from Death Masque, but they seem like they're turbo-fucked if they god second and/or their opponent is able to get within average Veil range.
>>
>>50128812

They're not really designed to be elf sufficient.
>>
Anyone care to give me some color advice? My chaos legion is going to be dark red. I kind of want to have some varied elements, though. The airforce will be navy blue, since the models are Tzeentch anyhow. However, something I noticed when I actually started painting, is I kind of screwed this idea up from the start by choosing red, since Khorne elements are the same color as my main units.

tl;dr how should I spice this up. Paint the titans a different color? Make the Terminators and other drop troops part of the naval detachment?
>>
How can you ally Skitarii to an army if they have no HQ?

Will people just allow you to sub a Dominus from the AdMech codex?
>>
>>50128854
Just use their detachment?
>>
File: Servitor1.jpg (276KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Servitor1.jpg
276KB, 1280x720px
First model painted in about eight years. What do you think?
>>
>>50128900
Looks decent to me.
>>
>>50128900
Paint's good, but the mold line of the tank is pretty visible.
>>
>>50128641
You're probably not replacing the blades enough and not scraping at the right angle.

Unless you're cutting through a big piece of flash, you want to be dragging the blade BACKWARDS, in other words, bring it towards you while holding it so the sharp side is still facing away from you.
>>
File: WP_20161105_19_12_37_Pro.jpg (5MB, 5344x3008px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161105_19_12_37_Pro.jpg
5MB, 5344x3008px
Played against a Knight army yesterday. Managed to tie the game with a pretty good K/D ratio trading a Russ for a Knight and killing one first turn. What are you doing /tg/? Also bought another Demolisher to help build my tank company.
>>
>>50128812
Going second is a pain, mitigated by good cover. You don't get slowed by it at all so hiding turn one is always a good shout, since you won't be running and charging until turn 2. Play smart with your ranged and pre-measure everything. Even average veil range (14") is going to fail half the time, and you'll then be guaranteed a charge with Crusader, Fleet, as well as running+charging.

I'm winning as much as I did with my dark eldar, but my LGS is pretty piss-poor competition wise.
You can get really fucked turn one, such as heavy flamers coming out of drop pods, but there's always going to be horrible matchups to play against for harlies (assault moves, flamers)

>>50128830
Hard to say that when only one of their formations (Cast of Players) is anything you'd take as an allied force. They're not *good* by any means, but they're fun to play.
>>
>>50128926
Thanks for the response.

I'm gonna go slow as fuck and make sure I get everything with my new models. Fucking hate mould lines.

I don't want this to happen to me: >>50128919
>>
>>50128649
Nice report, sounds like it was a fun game! Always good to see people posting actual games in /40kg/ instead of just getting whining from the people who never actually play.

I'd give Harleys a try sometime if I didn't have so many other WIP models on my plate. Death Masque has seriously been tempting me, but I got half a GCult to finish and some Skitarii as well. My Skits absolutely DESTROYED at a 500pt tournament yesterday so I owe them a good paintjob.
>>
>>50128854
You use the Skitarii Maniple Detachment in their Codex instead of the Allied Detachment.
>>
>>50128929
Trying to finish painting my army so I can buy more models and repeat the process.

I'm thinking A) expand my already very large daemons army by exploiting the start collecting kits for cheap plague drones/blood crushers
B) pick up my guard/inquisition army again and expand it
C) Start a new army
>>
>>50128929
Waiting for a big pile of cash.

Reading the Sisters Codex. Chilling. Cleaning shit off my PC. Learning more about the hobby.
>>
>>50128929
Nothing, but next weekend I'll have some time and I'll get my tools back from my buddy. I'll have a game (probably 3-player free for all) and then work on my custom Darkstrider. Gonna make him Operator as fuck. Bandanna, eyepiece, converted carbine with wrapping, holstered thigh pistol and hiding behind a wrecked brick wall I'll build out of sprue on a 32mm base. Paintjob will also give him camouflage. Can't wait.
>>
>>50128919
Yeah, I forgot about mold lines. Next one will have them removed before priming, I think
>>
>>50128980
I played two games yesterday so I can always write up the second too!
They're fun to play, but painting them is a right pain in the arse. Definitely give those boys a shiny new paintjob if they deserve it
>>
Just in case that anon who was asking about allying in Skittarii or Admech is still around.

Admech or Skitarrii. Both have two troop choices, and in both cases both troop choices build out of one kit. For Admech we have Kataphron Breachers and Kataphron Destroyers. The Breachers are the "Melee" varient. They get a better Armor save and a fuck huge claw. They come standard with a Heavy Arc rifle (all hail Haywire) but can swap out for a torsion cannon which is Str 8 ap 1 and on an unsaved hit causes d3 wounds or hull points rather than just one. Destroyers are the "shooty" varient. They come stock with plasma, which can be swapped out for the grav gun of doom. They can also get either a phospor blaser or a flamer. Both Breachers and Destroyers have the battle servitor rule, which says that they can move and still fire as if they had remained stationary, but they can't run. T5 couple of wounds a piece. Skitarri have rangers and Vanguard. Vanguard come standard with cancer guns. On sixs it causes multiple wounds. And when vangaurd get locked in melee they reduce the other units toughness by 1. Rangers come with a precision shot 30 plus inch rapid fire sniper rifle and get move through cover. Both have a 6 up feel no pain. either can be kitted out with plasma, arc, or the transuranic arquebus, which is a 48 (i think, just going of memory) inch armorbane sniper.

Admech troops are pretty tough in my experience, and they put out good punishment, but they are expensive so you don't have very many of them

Skitarri troops are a lot cheaper. Think of them as slightly tougher guardsmen with really nice guns.

Also, if anyone is looking up at using some admech or skittarii and they want some more information before making purchases i can list off unit profiles if you need them.
>>
>>50128628
>the troupe consolidated into combat
Eh?
>>
File: abby.jpg (93KB, 696x820px) Image search: [Google]
abby.jpg
93KB, 696x820px
CAD
-Chaos Lord 147pts
terminator armour, combi-melta, lightning claws, melta bomb, gift of mutation, combat fimilair
-Socerer 160pts
lvl 3, terminator armour, spell fimilair, gift of mutation

-10 chaos marines 203pts
power weapon for the champion, two plasma guns, close combat weapons
Rhino transport 45pts
dirge caster, dozer blades
-15 cultists 83pts
1 flamer, 8 autoguns

-5 terminators 187pts
heavy flamer, two combi-meltas, one lightning claw and one power fist
-hellbrute 105pts
reaper autocannon

-3 bikers 120pts
power weapon, gift of mutation, two meltas
-5 raptors 145pts
mark of slaanesh, power weapon, gift of mutation, melta gun

-5 havocs 105pts
three autocannons
-forgefiend 200pts
three ectoplasma cannons

1500/1500pts

The lord and the sorcerer deep strike with the termies while the chaos marine combat squad and go in the rhino, the champion jumps out with his four boys while the plasma guns fire from the safety of the rhino, good?
>>
File: 1b.jpg (6KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1b.jpg
6KB, 251x251px
>>50128628

>troupe consolidated into combat.
>>
>>50129147
>>50129155
into cover. My bad.
>>
>>50129128
>Definitely give those boys a shiny new paintjob if they deserve it
Deserve is an understatement, they tabled Eldar in 2 turns, Space Wolves and Tau in 3, Necrons in 5. Never even had to play to objectives. Went 1-2 loss against another Skitarii player and the only other game that even came close to a loss was, hilariously enough, Orks (ended with 3 models left to his 1 locked in combat with the Dunecrawler still alive and he conceded).
>>
>>50129202

Always good to see other Skitarii players. I'm the only one in my area.
>>
File: 4ar123.jpg (45KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
4ar123.jpg
45KB, 800x500px
I'm so damn excited about planning this first army of mine.
I havent been this excited about something since I got my hunting dog. Kinda funny, his name was Dice when translated into english.

How important is fodder for my up and coming Emperors Wrath force?

Something I can throw into the enemy while hammering them with my basilisks?
>and not giving a shit if hitting my own guys at the process
>>
>>50129234
There were 3 of us at my LGS yesterday, but all of us just started collecting them, so the rest of the players are scrambling to learn how to deal with it lol.
>>
>>50129293

Yeah, it can shake things up a bit. So straight Skitarii, or do you run any Admech? I run a mix myself (for fluff reasons, though it works out just fine mechanically).
>>
>>50128929
>What are you doing /tg/?

Building & painting more terrain, because I'm a slut for GW's kits.

Their smaller/scatter terrain isn't so good, though. Where's a decent place to pick some of that stuff up in the UK?
>>
>>50129317
Right now I just have the Start Collecting set, so technically both since it includes the Dominus. I'm not sure how much I want to dip into the Cult Mech options yet. I was planning on doing Genestealer Cults as my main force but they're so expensive it's taking me awhile to build up a full horde, so I'll probably stick to small Ad Mech games for the foreseeable future.
>>
How is this for a game against Space Wolves?
I decided not to go pure 2+ rerollable cheese but still want to bring some Black Knights to help move quick and take out some scarier targets.
Hoping to put up a good fight, all I know is that we are going to play a Maelstrom Mission.
I have 9 spare points so I figured an Auspex or Meltabombs may be all I can do with them.

HQ: Interrogator-Chaplain - 160pts
>Mace of Redemption, Bike

Elite: Ravenwing Command Squad - 250pts
>5 Black Knights, Apothecary, Ravenwing Banner

Troops:
Two Tactical Squads - 195pts ea
>10 Tactical Marines, Melta Gun, Combi-Melta, Rhino
Tactical Squad - 145pts
>5 Tactical Marines, Razorback w/ TL Lascannon

Fast Attack:
5 Ravenwing Black Knights - 200pts
Dark Talon - 160pts

Heavy Support:
Devastator Squad - 186pts
>9 Space Marines, 4 Missile Launchers

1491/1500

He will be bringing 3 units of Drop Pod Grey Hunters, some Long Fangs and the usual ~5 TWC with wolf lord.
Not sure what to expect besides all that.
>>
>>50129336

Gotcha. Well, when you finish your xeno's if your not all tuckered out and are considering fleshing out an Admech list i do recommend it. They are a ton of fun to play, and they get so many quirky weapons its great.
>>
>>50129324
I love terrain. Pic ?
>>
File: cataphractii.jpg (693KB, 1229x1740px) Image search: [Google]
cataphractii.jpg
693KB, 1229x1740px
What would be a good way to equip these guys? I've got a squad coming in and I was thinking all lightning claws with maybe one chainfist and one power fist for higher toughness
>>
File: me gob wen.jpg (69KB, 405x401px) Image search: [Google]
me gob wen.jpg
69KB, 405x401px
>>50128795
>>50128663
ZOG OFF YA GITZ! DIS THREAD BELONGS TO DA ORKZ!!!
>>
File: amdmech2.png (901KB, 699x430px) Image search: [Google]
amdmech2.png
901KB, 699x430px
>>50129436
>>50128795
>>50128663

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000
>>
>>50129151

At first glance, remove all Gift of mutation, add another autocannon.

If you want to deepstrike at least try to get the terrain moving spell from geo so you can start on the board and dont have to worry about fucking up reserve rolls and arriving turn 4, hell they might be better footslogging depending on your opponent.

Remove combat familiar, one lightning claw and get a p. fist. It still +1 atk and more versatile.

9/10 times you wont benefit from dirge caster, remove it. Get a combi plasma, go boltguns, not ccw, you aint getting into melee with that loadout. You dont have combat squads btw. Although Im against the p. wpn, its fine

Get two more combi meltas for termi squad to reduce chances of dudes choking when you need em, Id switch h. flamer for combi melta but its fine.

Remove the MoS and the p. Weapons from bike champ, unit is too small to make it to melee, hell youll probably be jinking too much to even use the meltas. Try to get more bikes to make this work.

Forgefiend is fine.

Remember depends on your meta, but try to not leave things to chance even if youre chaos.
>>
>>50129395
My ideal list would probably be just tons of Rangers, Dunecrawlers, and Dragoons, but the Dragoons much like GCults suffer from being very expensive in terms of dollar per point.

Crunchwise I also like the Kastelans but I hate the models. Not sure if I want to shell out for FW robots as proxies or wait til that new Imperial Armour comes out.
>>
File: IMG_7322.jpg (519KB, 1024x781px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7322.jpg
519KB, 1024x781px
>>50129396
Only undercoated and not taken any pics yet, but what I'm working on right now was directly inspired by this. If I can roughly emulate that I'll be a happy man.
>>
>>50129482

Didnt see raptor theyre fine, barring the GoM
>>
>>50129250
You could probably get away with 1-2 infantry platoons in a CAD for cannon fodder.
>>
My FLGS had a 3 round tournament yesterday and I took first! Pretty excited, it's only my third event I've participated in so it was pretty cool to win even if it was just a small showing.
>>
>>50129559

Share some details man, what armies, pts, special rules?
>>
>>50129574

The tournament was played at 1850 - normal maelstrom missions. The only real change is we play with the first strike idea instead of first blood. I played a pretty wonky Harlequins/Dark Eldar/Eldar list that I've been tinkering around with.

We had 14 players - a pretty nice mix of armies. We had SoB, 3x Regular Marine Armies, SWs, 2x Tau, Tyranids, Renegades and Heretics, CSM, Demons, Eldar, and my list. Some of those lists had allies and what not but those were the 'main' armies. I took 1st, Renegades took 2nd, and Tau took 3rd.

The 3 missions were Cleanse and Control, The Spoils of War, and Deadlock
>>
>>50129641
Were you running minus leadership bombs? I've been doing that and am yet to lose a game with it. It's fucking filth against most armies.
>>
>>50129655

I've not seen that concept - how does it work?

I was running

>Jetbike Autarch - Banshee Mask, Fusion Gun
>3x Jetbikes
>5x D-Scythe Wraiths

>Haemonculus - Webway
>5x Warriors - Double SC Venom

>6x Troupe - Master w/Caress & Haywire, 3x Caress, Starweaver
>6x Troupe - Master w/Caress & Haywire, 3x Caress, Starweaver
>6x Troupe - Master w/Caress & Haywire, 3x Embrace, Starweaver
>3x Skyweavers - Haywire and Glaives
>Voidweaver - Prismatic Cannon

The haemonculus makes the D-Scythes a bomb - deep strike on a 2+ on turn 2, no scatter. They're pretty nasty, they drop in and clean objectives and deathstars alike. The rest of the list is a super scooty army - it does pack 5 fast ObSec units with plenty of fire power. The Harlequins are much better than people think they are, especially when you can run and charge.
>>
File: spider.jpg (53KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
spider.jpg
53KB, 800x680px
Does anybody use them?
I'm gonna have a full 9 with 2 vengeance weapon batteries and a bunch of techmarines because it'll be really funny.
>>
>>50129699
Well, there are wargear options from Dark Eldar and Harlequins that reduce leadership:

Armour of Misery on an Archon/Succubus
Mask of Secrets on a Shadowseer
Archangel of Pain on an Archon/Succubus
Freakish Spectacle from Haemonculus Covens
Terrify on telepathy.
Shadow Spectres force all leadership tests to be on 3D6

The concept is using those -leaderships and hitting people with Psychic Shriek, Phantasm Grenade Launchers, Torment Grenade Launchers, even Mirror of Minds from a Shadowseer which can do infinite wounds to any model reduced to 5 leadership or less.
>>
>>50129733

Gotcha - that's pretty rad. I own most of the pieces to try it out. I just ordered Doom of Mynamera as well. Fairly new to any form of 'competitive' play. Spent probably my first 2 years in the hobby just painting stuff.
>>
>>50129491
It's nice. Do you have other GW buildings or DIY terrain ?
>>
>>50129733
My 1500 list, utilising those traits is:
Eldar CAD:
Farseer on Bike, Spirit Stone of Anath'Lan, Singing Spear
Farseer on Bike, Singing Spear
Windriderx3, Scatter Lasers
Windriderx3, Scatter Lasers

DE CAD:
Archon, Armour of Misery, Phantasm Grenade Launcher
Archon, Archangel of Pain, Phantasm Grenade Launcher
Warriorsx5, Venom Dual SC
Warriorsx5, Venom Dual SC
Raider, Aethersails (Harlequins+Archons go in here)

Harlequins:
Cast of Players
5xTroupe, Embraces
Shadowseer ML2, Mask of Secrets
Death Jester

Faolchu's Blade
2x2 Skyweavers w/Zephyrglaives (These go with the Farseers to give reroll jink saves and Hit+Run to escape combat)
Voidweaver w/ Prismatic Cannon
>>
I am considering changing the chapter tactics to my homebrew chapter. until now I have used the black templars rules but I'd like something more flexible since I can't use most of the new formations or detachments

which tactic should I choose considered that what I own is:

>terminator chapter master
>command squad
>2 tac squads
>2 razorbacks
>2 land speeders
>10 scouts
>ironclad dreadnought
>thunderfire cannon
>drop pod
>5 bikes

I can also ally my small deathwatch army to them
>>
>>50129783
forgot to add 5 assault marines I just got from a trade and a land raider crusader.
>>
File: gom.jpg (415KB, 1046x1202px) Image search: [Google]
gom.jpg
415KB, 1046x1202px
>>50129752
Sure, though I'm not exactly a masterful painter. Not done anything DIY yet, though I may give it a shot when it comes to making smaller scatter terrain.
>>
>>50129742
Competitively, the strongest way to play it is with Corsair Allies.
A seer council from eldar, running with a Corsair Prince w/ Shadowfield on a bike gives a 2++ rerollable at the front if you get fortune (Which you will, because you have a fucking seer council).
I've also seen people use those corsair allies to get a grotesque bomb in for a turn one charge with 10 big fuckers.
However, all freakshow lists are countered fairly heavily by:
Ignores cover - most of your things are kept safe with jinking
Transports - you cant reduce the leadership of stuff inside them, and popping them is your issue

Mymaera is a good book, play around with the corsair stuff in there because they're super fun
>>
File: Photo 06-09-15 9 31 45.gif (166KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 06-09-15 9 31 45.gif
166KB, 500x281px
If I share my DoW sound files, would someone make a simple soundboard app with them?
>>
>>50129770
>Raider, Aethersails (Harlequins+Archons go in here)
unfortunately as of the facebook-FAQ you cannot start in allied transports

which reminds me, is there any word when they release the final version? its been some time.
>>
>>50129783
White Scars and Raven guard would fit well with your potential army lists, you could use the pinion or stormlance demi companies easily
>>
>>50129850

So how does that work with pods that count as fast attack? No can start? Cause that may fuck with my playstyle a bit.
>>
>>50129812

Yeah I was looking at some of the more traditionally strong builds. I think I'll buy the models to play with those lists but probably not use them at my FLGS events. The guys at my shop I don't think would enjoy playing against some of those lists.
>>
File: tonk.jpg (385KB, 1302x1068px) Image search: [Google]
tonk.jpg
385KB, 1302x1068px
>>50129799
I suppose this might count as DIY. Had an old and busted chimera lying about, awfully painted (young me fucking LOVED neon green), so I tried my hand at making a wreck. I have since been reliably informed that nothing could make the side of it pop off like that, but there's no salvaging that now.
>>
>>50129799
It's okay, I'm not better.
You should try, you can do great with cheap things like cans, workshop boxes or sprues.
Just need to paint it and to add things like posters on it.
>>
>>50129861

If you take a FA pod the only thing that can start in it is something from the same detachment. So you cannot start your BB allies in a drop pod.
>>
>>50129861
No start in allied pods.
Gabriels drop dop rental service is down due to legal problems
>>
>>50129885

Shitting dick nipples.
>>
File: 1476563522336.jpg (139KB, 798x573px) Image search: [Google]
1476563522336.jpg
139KB, 798x573px
>Can an Infantry focused Guard Army like this list be effective? Also I have 106 points left what else should I take?

http://pastebin.com/yQnbicat
>>
>>50129850
>according to the BRB
It's the same with grenades as well!
>>
Reposting
I have 350 points left, what do I add?
Lvl 2 psyker (solo gonna give basiliks prescience)
Ccs in chimera, master of ordnance
Troops
Vets in chimera with melta and heavy flamer carapace x2
Fast attack
3 armoured sentinels with multilasers
Heavy support
3 basiliks
I left out various upgrades 1150/1500
>>
>>50129858
how do they play? are they OP?
also will people bitch if my marines have count as bolters while instead are depicted with chainsword and bolt pistol? I don't really wish to risk ruining the minis since they are already painted...
>>
>>50129904

I know the feeling - I own 3 drop pods, a sanguinary priest, and 5 scouts that are sitting on a shelf now.
>>
File: 1477226001755.jpg (637KB, 2560x1386px) Image search: [Google]
1477226001755.jpg
637KB, 2560x1386px
Any news on the Premium Start Collecting boxes or Black Friday specials yet?
>>
>>50129879
Well, someone might have tried to salvage the parts of the chimera. Then before they could make any progress on the salvage, the disturbed machine spirit told them to fuck off
>>
>>50129922

Well whats pissing me off is i just bought them recently. New to the game. So now i'm kinda up shit creek without a paddle. Maybe i can pawn them or something.
>>
>>50129850
That's ok, my local GW has ruled it's just a draft and to ignore all of it until it's official. I'll adapt when I need to!
>>
>>50129920
You could strip your models if you want to edit them, but complaints over WYSIWYG would depend on who you're facing.
White scars and raven guard aren't inherently OP, White Scars favor bike armies and Raven Guard favor jump pack armies, but each provides other benefits
>>
>>50129939

There is still hope they'll change it once the FAQ becomes 'official'. I doubt they'll bother ratifying the FAQ given that 8th is on the horizon.
>>
>>50129975
There's a lot of things that are probably going to change in the FAQ.

Non-Space Marines getting access to rental Drop Pods is not one of them.
>>
>>50129138
whats worthwhile to buy obv start collecting if just for the dunecrawler
>>
>>50129975

Any idea when that drops?
>>
>>50129879
Nothing in the real world maybe. For all we know an eldar titan with an impossibly sharp sword sliced right through the length of the hull.
>>
>>50129989

I agree - that's why I've just gone ahead and adjusted what I've been doing. It isn't as if WarConvo isn't a good list still.

>>50129996
No clue - I think rumor mongers are suggesting next year?
>>
File: Linebreaker.jpg (173KB, 1153x659px) Image search: [Google]
Linebreaker.jpg
173KB, 1153x659px
>>50129925
>We can finally start maybe looking forward to GW deals again.
What a time to be alive.
>>
>>50129991

Well the start collecting is always good, good value in those generally speaking. It really depends on what your looking for. What are you looking for? Specifically? I mean pretty much everything is at least decent if not quite good. Except the Admech codex elites. Damn those lighting priests are trash. Makes me very sad.
>>
>>50129991

Sorry, my post in >>50130022 was probably useless. What i mean to say is are you looking to just build a Admech army, or are you looking for them as Battle Brothers for an army you have. If the latter, then what army, and what are you looking for in a Battle Brother?
>>
>>50130010

Hello mirror me. Wanna compare War convos? I mean sure they'll be like 80 percent identical, but it will be interesting to see the swing.
>>
>>50130038
Im a Blood Angels Player looking to have a second army around 1250 to play with at my local shop. we ususally do 2v2s. I like a nice mix of troop elite and heavy support. I am however going to have to start with baby steps. so probably going to get the start collecting box sometimes this year
>>
+++ Tau Lite (499pts) +++

++ Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (499pts) ++

+ HQ (50pts) +

Ethereal (50pts)

+ Elites (341pts) +

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (156pts)
····Crisis Shas'ui [2x Plasma Rifle]

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (55pts)
····Crisis Shas'ui [Advanced Targeting System, 2x Missile Pod]

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuits (130pts)
····Ghostkeel Shas'vre [Fusion Collider, Twin-linked Flamer]

+ Troops (108pts) +

Strike Team (54pts) [6x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]

Strike Team (54pts) [6x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]

How's this for 500 points? I don't own the Ghostkeel yet, so if there's a better option that can be made with an Ethereal, six Crisis, and 20 Fire Warriors, I'm all ears.
>>
Just starting to work on a 1500 pt list for an upcoming game, and I'm not sure what to do with the raptors I just bought.

Specifically, what to give to the Champion. Can he take a powerfist/lightning claw combo? Do I want him to?

I figure I'll throw a meltagun into the squad fo some anti-vehicle capabilities.

Thoughts?
>>
File: this does not please me.jpg (56KB, 381x491px) Image search: [Google]
this does not please me.jpg
56KB, 381x491px
>>50130098
It's fine.
>>
>>50130098
Taking a big suit at 500 is like taking a Leman Russ, except more cost effective.
>>
>>50130068

Alright. Start collecting box is a good place to start. If you want to drop relatively little cash i actually recommend fleshing it out with Admech. Pick up one more thing of Skitarii infantry so you can use those and your dune crawler as the skitarii detachment from their codex allied with a primary mechanicus detachment. Grab some Kataphrons and Kastelans and go apeshit on people. Your army will be relatively small model count wise, but i played a low point game with pretty much that exact list just the other day and i went through the other guy like he was wet tissue paper.
>>
>>50130150
I fielded it with 4 crisis and 3 6-man swuads yesterday against Marines and got reamed. I need something heftier for anti-dread than the plasma suits I was relying on. Fusion suit might do it in its own, though. I don't know.
>>
>People think that not being able to start in allied transports is part of the FAQ
>People think that being able to only use 1 grenade at a time is part of the FAQ
>People assume 7th is exactly the same as 6th
>>
>>50130213
> MFW geedubs Kill Teams does NOT address the problem of grenade spam that HOR addressed.
> MFW a Black Templars kill-team can just instagib everything by throwing 20 krak grenades a turn and charging anything that doesn't die to that immediately.
>>
>>50130180
Mind posting the list approximately?
>>
>>50130213

At a bare minimum there was enough confusion that it warranted appearing in the FAQ. I'd also argue the battle brothers transport bit isn't ever explicitly explained in the 7th rule book.
>>
File: manu.jpg (787KB, 2656x1212px) Image search: [Google]
manu.jpg
787KB, 2656x1212px
>>50129926
I'll go with that. Maybe graft a skeletal looted onto the base next to the wreck.
>>
Holy shit - fuck Harlequin kits. They look good but they're in some many fiddly fucking pieces. utting together starweavers - the damn riders are in 8 pieces and you need to build a total of 2 per bike. WTF.
>>
>>50130244
Grenades only have an 8" range, if he has 20 guys within 8" of you every turn you have more serious problems than kraks.
>>
>>50129919
Please respond I honestly don't know what
>>
>>50130334
5 armored sentinels with plasma cannons or lascannons
>>
This is probably going to sound like a troll post, but it's an honest question. Do you play 40k more for the rules or for the fact it enables you to push Your Dudes about and roll dice to kill the Other Dudes? I'm the latter.
>>
>>50130180
You don't even need an extra box of skit infantry since they come in minimum squads of 5. You can technically run a battle forged skitarii list with a single box of Rangers/Vanguard.
>>
hey guys, i have two about Killteam, maybe you can help me
1. How good are Bullgryns with slab shields ?
2. Can you add Commisars, primaris Psykers and priests ? The codex says that they dont need a slot....
Thanks in advance
>>
>>50130378
The latter.
It's why I prefer kill-team and campaigns to tournaments.
>>
>>50130378
It sounds like a shitpost and its worded in such a way that it is obviously weighted.

I spend a lot of time painting and putting together my dudes, all I want to do when I get a game (once or twice a month until I recently sucked a few friends in) is have my dudes fight your dudes and hopefully its a good game.
>>
Let's say that guy at my lgs gets triggered by marines who don't use their fluff weapons (DA heavy on plasma, etc). If I wanted to build a Deathwatch kill team where everything was as wrong as possible, what chapter / role / gear combos do I use? Salamander with a frost blade, bangle is the devastator, etc. Counts as is fine, I just want to annoy him with the models.
>>
>>50130416
Fists without bolters for sure
>>
Continuing this from a previous thread, what would happen if the emperor god off his throne and joined chaos? Disregarding the unlikelyness of this, what would happen?
>>
>>50130391
The whole point of them is to act as walking meat shields, they get a 3+ save when touching but grant +1 cover save to anything behind them meaning at least a 4+.
Good but not for kill team.

err, I dont see any reason they cant be take so yes?
>>
>>50130246

Sure so the bare minimum core of the list if you wanna do a Skitarri Admech combined list is gonna look like this

>110 two units of bare bones Vanguard
>105 Tech Priest Dominus
>330 Two units of Kataphron Destroyers

Thats non negotiable, other than if you wanna swap out Vanguard for Rangers or Destroyers for Breachers, but personally i Recommend Vanguard and Destroyers. From there it's

> 90 Dunecrawler
>580 2 Kastelan Robot maniples

This brings you to 1215, and then you can drop for an artifact for your Dominus or an upgrade for your Crawler to bring you up to 1250. I recommend running a Legio Cybernetica. It combines your Dominus and the two robot maniples into a single unit, that still counts as three units for your Canticles special rule, and can split fire at more than one target. A weakness for Admech is that the warlord is squishy. This fixes that problem. And Kastelans are beasts. I've never had a game where i regretted running them. That being said if you don't wanna run two and do the Legio cybernetica i still reccomend running at least one thing of bots so you can use a Run the bots and your servitors as an Elimination Maniple. If you drop the second bot squat then pick up

>90 another Dunecrawler

>200 points for 4 ironstriders or 200 points to flesh out your Skitarii troop choices and pick up some Rangers as well.

This is more expensive than just picking up the robots cash wise, but it will still play pretty well. Though if your gonna go that way then at that point its worth considering just picking up an entire battle Maniple for the Skitarii and running the Admech at bare bones with just the Dominus and two troops.

Hope that was helpful.
>>
>>50130416
kek
>>
>>50130388

This is true. Though you would be short a Princeps, but you could just kit-bash it or designate a model.
>>
>>50130442
i just realized that they need to be in the same unit for their +1 armor boost.....
>>
>>50130378
Neither, I just enjoy painting and the other hobby aspects. The game's been an unbalanced mess for so long that I stopped playing years ago.
>>
File: ColonD.jpg (46KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
ColonD.jpg
46KB, 500x418px
>>50130447
Not the anon(s) you were addressing, but I'm working on my AdMech and this was very helpful. Thanks
>>
>>50130416

An Imperial fist with a lightning claw.
>>
>>50130416
a devastor Blood Angel or Black Templar
>>
So do we gave rules for the Haemotrope Reactor yet?

>>50130378
>playing 40k for the rules
I seriously hope nobody does this.
>>
File: 1458437617866.jpg (156KB, 1024x899px) Image search: [Google]
1458437617866.jpg
156KB, 1024x899px
>try building a list for CMS for the first time in over a year
>realize the only slots not filled with FW options are troops (cultists) and my HQ (chaos lord)
It sucks playing NPC factions.
>>
>>50130484

No.

A LIBRARIAN black Templar.
>>
>>50130378
I prefer the modeling aspect so I like seeing my dudes do funny/badass stuff on the table.
>>
File: 1445890514106.png (192KB, 800x514px) Image search: [Google]
1445890514106.png
192KB, 800x514px
>>50130489
At least CSM get a pretty kickass book dedicated to them and can steal a lot of the shit loyalists get too.
>>
>>50130485
An imposing structure, understood fully by few, it is used to bolster the defensive capabilities of the Void Shield Generator – or amplify the already intimidating destructive capacity of the Plasma Obliterator. In a pinch, the Haemotrope Reactor can be used as cover; this can be a terrible decision however, as the cowering warrior opens himself up to the potential of horrific injuries resulting from power leaks…
its nothing exact, but at least it is a hint of what it does
>>
>>50130440
ADB would have to balance his hate of the Emperor with his love of Chaos.
>>
>>50130500
perfection
>>
>>50130416

IF: Assault Squads/Bikes
IH: Assault Squads/Bikes
RG: Termies
WS: Termies/Devistators
DA: Flamers
Sallies: Plasma
Black Templar: Librarians
>>
>>50130447
This looks doable Price wise its not as crazy as Id Thought it to be:

85 start collecting
39 Vanguard
116 destroyers
138 robots

378 total and thats at MSRP

Im guessing weaknesses are no transports and that its a shooty army so not a ton of play diversity?

Thanks for all the info!
>>
>>50130530
A White Scar box-naught.
>>
>>50130530
a living lamenter
it doesnt matter what kind of lamenter, they are all dead anyway
A space wolf heavy flamer/normal flamer
>>
>>50130532
Look into mail order places. There's usually somewhere you can get a 20-25% off MSRP price.
>>
>>50130533

Why is this bad?
>>
>>50130542
White Scars don't like dreadnoughts, they feel it traps the warriors soul.
>>
>>50130550

To be fair, it literally does.
>>
File: white-scars-dread.jpg (49KB, 512x142px) Image search: [Google]
white-scars-dread.jpg
49KB, 512x142px
>>50130542
>>
>>50130550

But they still use them plentiful.
>>
>>50130532

No problem. You pegged the weakness on the nose for the most part. No transports. This is especially hard on your vanguard. The kataphrons and the Kastelans are made of sterner stuff, but you have to be careful deploying and moving your Vanguard if you wanna get full value out of them. You have no psychers. Thats your biggest problem. But, the Kastelans have good melee. Even if you build them as pure shooty (replace their power fists for heavy phosphor blasters) they still have 2 attacks at 6 strength and the ability to trade those for a strenght 10 smash. Thats not considering the power fists on the datasmiths. If you leave them with power fists then they can comfortably stand toe to toe in a lot of melee engagements. That and they have protocols right? A protocol that gives feel no pain, a protocol that doubles your shooty but prevents movement, and a protocol that prohibits shooty but doubles your melee attacks, so if you leave fists on and pop the melee protocol they wade into combat with 4 power fist hits per model, which is pretty damn terrifying for most things.
>>
>>50130563

>Not with the Emperor

Holy shit, this is almost as heretical as the Dark Angels
>>
>>50130440
Everything dies
>>
>>50130550
>>50130563
White Scar Dreadnaughts are a thing. They are mentioned in a story written by Phil Kelly.
>>
>>50130447
>I recommend running a Legio Cybernetica. It combines your Dominus and the two robot maniples into a single unit, that still counts as three units for your Canticles special rule, and can split fire at more than one target.
If you do that you no longer have an HQ choice for the AdMech detachment to put the Kataphrons in. You would need a second Dominus or to drop the Kataphron servitors.
>>
File: Scars.png (854KB, 666x846px) Image search: [Google]
Scars.png
854KB, 666x846px
>>50130563

That got retconned. Eight of their ten companies use dreadnoughts without qualm.
>>
>>50130564
In more recent fluff, when GW realized "Hey, if we tell people not to take dreads with WS, we can't sell dreads to WS players."

Just you wait, anon, BT psykers are coming. Gotta move those models.
>>
>>50130567

For the record you change protocols at the start of turn and they last through your next turn, but, if you run legio cybernetica you can force change the protocol at any time once. But if you do that you loose whatever protocol you changed from for the rest of the battle. Still really useful if you get charged unexpectedly and you just decide to pop the melee protocol.
>>
>>50130588

NU-CANON NOT TRUE CANON
NU-CANON NOT TRUE CANON
NU-CANON NOT TRUE CANON
NU-CANON NOT TRUE CANON
NU-CANON NOT TRUE CANON
>>
>>50130588
Aw. That's kind of sad, actually, since there's that one White Scars dreadnought that CHOSE to be entombed just because he was SO FUCKING MAD at the guy that killed him. And then he went to go kill that guy.
>>
>>50130578
>BL ignoring fluff

Pull the other one!

>>50130588
BT librarians when?
>>
>>50130588
maybe they're really fast dreadnoughts?
>>
>>50130613

>Dreadnought bursts through the wall playing "X gon give it to ya" on it's sound system
>>
>>50130618
Phil Kelly is a GW studio designer, you degenerate.
>>
>>50130626

They are! Chapter tactics gives them hit and run.
>>
>>50130580

Mayhaps i am retarded, and i and those at my local store play entirely wrong. Could you perhaps elaborate on why he ceases to function as your HQ choice?
>>
>>50130630
Was the story in a BL book or not?
>>
>>50130644

Because the dominus is no longer in the cad but in the self-contained formation.
>>
>>50130568
The Khan never agreed with the Emperor. The Khan said (paraphrasing) that the greatest lie a ruler tells themselves is that there is nothing left to conquer and all that's left is to return home and build bigger walls, which is what he viewed the Emperor as doing when he left the Great Crusade.

He thought that the Emperor building civilization on a lie (the Imperial Truth) was disgusting.

Despite siding with the loyalists he notes that he now has to fight a brother he loves (Horus) for a father he never cared for.

And finally he openly flouted the Edict of Nikaea with his Stormseers.

There's a reason the White Scars kept the edges of the Great Crusade as its vanguard, their philosophy and the what the Emperor was pushing were nothing alike.
>>
>>50129705
Just gonna whip up the list

Iron Hands Chapter Tactics

Librarian - 90
ML 2

x2 Techmarine - 95 - 190
Servo harness, auspexes

Scout squad - 60
sniper rifles
Scout squad - 55
Tactical squad - 180
10 marines, combi-plasma, plasma gun, plasma cannon
Tactical squad - 85
5 marines, plasma cannon,

Tarantula battery - 45
Tarantula battery - 75
lascannons
tarantula battery - 75
lascannons

Fortification:
2x vegeance weapon battery w/ punisher cannon - 150

No it won't work, yes it will look cool
>>
>>50130644
The way Formations work. They are their own Detachments, and a model can only belong to one Detachment. So a Dominus who is in the Cohort Cybernetica Formation cannot also be the HQ choice in the CAD/Battle Congregation Detachment.

The only exception to this rule are things like Decurions where it is made of Formations, then any model in one of the Formations is part of that Detachment as well as the larger Decurion Detachment.
>>
>>50130653
It doesn't matter where it came from. The fact he wrote the story makes it on par with the codexes. Furthermore, he is the guy who wrote the current White Scar lore.

Furthermore-furthermore, you are the one ignoring the lore. See >>50130588. White Scars had dreadnoughts for years

So new subject. Why are marinefags such retards? I won't leave without an answer.
>>
>bid on immolator box
>get outbid at $45 + $7 shipping
>currently at $61

Morons
>>
What do I need to start playing Eldar?
>>
>>50130489
>>50130504
And they look really cool!
>>
>>50130710
Bikes psykers warp spiders and wraithknights
>>
>>50128618
anyone else hyped for Space Hulk?

I hope I get into that fucking Beta I can't wait.
>>
>>50130710
A desire to watch the world burn.
>>
>>50130704
Alright newfriend, here's how canon actually works. Shit-tier fluff like Ollanius Pius being a marine or custodian, White Scars stuff that isn't written by Chris Wraight, and really the vast majority of things published during and after 3e gets ignored. The good shit from good authors gets selectively incorporated into the canon and the vast, vast corpus of crap that makes up codex filler and BL novels goes into the dumpster fire.
>>
>>50130710
HQ + 2 troops or a start collecting box
>>
>>50130704
I knew it was a BL novel.

Look, I know you're trying to carnac up the thread, but could you stop strawmanning?
>>
>>50130725

Now listen here you borderline-extinct genetic shitpost
>>
>>50130709
Just buy an Exorcist for GW price. Except for the dome, you can. And an Immolator, and have some spare extra armour/religious mural bits that are great for other vehicles or making terrain
>>
>>50130699
>>50130654

Well then. We appear to have all been doing it wrong over here. Disregard what i've said previously, i'm a fuck up. I'll need to be rethinking that list now that i know my local store does shit wrong.
>>
>>50130725

Sorry, I mean Eldar the faction, not "how do I start to play the meta"
>>
>>50130741
Everyone who preorders gets in. Preorder and refund it after launch if it sucks.
>>
>>50130770

Oh, I'm well aware. That's why I called them morons.
>>
>>50130741
Hell yes. But they never sent an email confirmation for my forum account.

Eh I'm probably better off waiting for the full game anyway, don't want a half baked experience.
>>
>>50130755
Where is the answer? I demand an answer. White Scar Dreadnoughts came from the White Scar sourcebooks first. No canon was ignored by anything, let alone the guy who wrote it. So I ask again why are marinefags such retards? Can't they read their own codexes?
>>
>>50130741
I won't get it unless there's a customer/painter. I refuse to play as dark angels.
>>
>>50130750
Nice opinion you got there but that doesn't answer why marinefags are retarded.
>>
>>50129151
>while the chaos marine combat squad and go in the rhino, the champion jumps out with his four boys while the plasma guns fire from the safety of the rhino, good?
Only loyalists can combat squad.
>>
>>50130834
I'm a grey knight player, am I still grouped in with marinetards?
>>
>>50130851
Technically, yes.

CSM too.
>>
>>50130851
Yes. In fact you're even worse.
>>
>>50130864
Well fuck you then, what do you play?
>>
>>50130871
AoS : Bloodbound
>>
>>50130881
Ew, sorry I asked.
>>
>>50130761
;•}
>>
>>50130851
You are the turk smell
>>
>>50130782
Whatever HQ and two troops you want
Either way people'll bitch at you as if you were usibg just those units
>>
>>50130900
Don't know what that means, so I'm not offended.
>>
>>50130710
2 troops and an hq. going against my own advice i got a box of guardians and a wraithlord first

>>50130851
just another shade of meq loyalist
>>
Is it ok if I name my Tau cadre "181st Spaceborne Recon Cadre, Starfall"? Does using numbered cadres breaks the fluff too much or is it an acceptable bending of the fluff?
>>
>>50130908
Emps was born in Turkey, so he is saying you share his holy odor.
>>
>>50130908
>>
>>50128628
>Consolidated into combat

>>50128642
>Embraces cleaned something up when I was charged

what game are you playing friendo
>>
>>50130927
Its fine a long as you never tell anyone you are playing against.
>>
>>50130931
He's more likely a Proto-Greek, because Turks come from central Asia, not Anatolia.
>>
>>50130821
>Where is the answer?

I'm not going to defend the strawmen you whipped out of your ass to fight imaginary opponents.

You brought up with BL as a source, I questioned it's validity, seeing that GW has no problems ignoring BL when they choose to. You could have brought up any other source, but you didn't, so don't go making me into the canon denying faggot when I question your BL sources. I have never said anything that WS dreads aren't a thing in modern fluff, no matter how much you try to read my mind and assume that's what I'm saying.

>No canon was ignored by anything, let alone the guy who wrote it.

Except, you know, all the old canon that said WS don't use dreads.

But, like any good carnac, I'm sure once BT get their librarians and Salamanders are way into jump packs and speeders, you'll claim no canon was ignored and everything's perfectly fluffy.
>>
>>50130851

For the purposes of using this, you are.

So I assume you are in general.
>>
>>50130851
All marinetards are retarded shitter that whine incessantly whenever they aren't the most OP codex.

This is why CSM whine so much; they're the shittiest marine codex.
>>
File: 125169605786.jpg (73KB, 450x333px) Image search: [Google]
125169605786.jpg
73KB, 450x333px
>>50130851
>I'm a grey knight player, am I still grouped in with marinetards?

... do you think Grey Knights aren't Space marines or something?
>>
>>50130953

Is it because they won't care or because they will be offended by the fluff deviation?
>>
When GW nerfs things do they go too far?
>>
File: iwilneverstop.jpg (91KB, 1559x784px) Image search: [Google]
iwilneverstop.jpg
91KB, 1559x784px
>>50130588
> Making White Scars a FULLY CODEX COMPLIANT CHAPTEr
> SAME BOOK MAKING RAVEN GUARD A FULLY CODEX COMPLIANT CHAPTER

FUCK OFF MATT WARD. FUCK OFF ROWBOAT GIRLYMAN, MY FUCKIN' BEAKIES ARE TACTICAL OPERATORS WHO OPERATE OPERATIONALL WITH NO REGARD FOR YOUR FUCKING CODEX ORGANIZATION. FUUIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK OFFF

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>50131006
No one cares about Tau fluff, the conventions like with Marine chapters and Guard regiments aren't strong.
>>
File: Tau naming.png (31KB, 390x509px) Image search: [Google]
Tau naming.png
31KB, 390x509px
>>50130927
Yes, it breaks the lore.

The Tau give their cadres innocent names to avoid causing panic and worry in the populace. When the "Inconvenience Relocation" cadre arrives to town, nobody will be scared.
>>
>>50131029
Jesus christ can the blueberrys get any more 1984.

I fucking hate them so much.
>>
>>50131018
Sometimes. There is no real consistency with GW. Sometimes they nerf you so hard the effects are still seen a decade later (CSM). Sometimes they just keep nerfing you for no real reason (Tyranids). Sometimes they take an OP codex and bump it up another notch just for shits and giggles (Eldar).
>>
>>50131029

Wait. Is the nickname what's breaking the lore or the number?
>>
Facing 1500 points of Genestealer cult on Saturday at WHW, never faced them or seen the codex/opponents list. This is what I'm taking:

+++RRR Detachment (D. Eldar)+++

HQ:
Llamean

Troops:
4 × Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster and haywire grenade syrabite in Venoms with Splinter Cannon

Fast Attack:
3 × 3 Reavers with Blaster and Cluster Caltrop

Heavy Support:
3 × Dark Lance Ravager, no other upgrades

+++Coven Formation+++

Dark Artisan:
Haemy with Nightmare doll
Cronos with Spirit Probe
Talos with Splinter Cannon and chain flails.

Am I going to come up against anything that'll truly ruin my day?
>>
>>50131025
Calm down faggot, Mat Ward was long gone when the White Scars got their supplement.
>>
>>50131025
Don't forget that IH became a codex chapter as well and BT venerate the witch now.
>>
>>50130657

>And finally he openly flouted the Edict of Nikaea with his Stormseers.

How did Russ get away with

>Askshually my Rune priests aren't psykers / Librarians
Neither are my Stormpriests
>That's where you're wrong buddy
>>
>>50131075
>BT venerate the witch now.

They do not. They just realized having them hate all Psykers, including Astropaths and Navigators is bullshit because how would they function?
>>
>>50130975
>I'm not going to defend the strawmen you whipped out of your ass to fight imaginary opponents.

It's not a strawman. You are in fact retarded and you would not answer my question why you are retarded. So I ask it again. Why are you such a retard. And on top of that you acted like a cunt.

You said that BL ignored the lore when it fact the WS Dreadnoughts were a thing prior to the story and the guy who wrote the WS lore is the same guy who wrote the story.

Explain to me how the FUCK did you miss LITERALLY YEARS of fluff saying that WS use Dreads. It's in the 6th ED and 7th codexes. It's in the campaign books.

I expect two answers from you plus an apology (a genuine heartfelt one) for your shitposting.
>>
>>50131071
>>50131075
NO, YOU FAGGOTS DON'T UNDERSTAND. MATT WARD CAME BACK TO GEEDUBS, HE'S WRITING FOR THEM AGAIN. AND EVEN IF HE DOESN'T, HIS LEGACY STILL LIVES ON IN TURNING OTHER CHAPTERS BACK TO HIS BULLSHIT.
>>
>>50131065
>Am I going to come up against anything that'll truly ruin my day?
66% of GSC will be starting the game 9"-1" away from you and 1-4 units will be charging. And everything rends.
>>
>>50131053
Just the name. Number as you like.
>>
>>50131050
I see. thanks
>>
>>50131124

Not that guy, but i actually dont see how his name breaks lore. I mean Recon doesn't sound terribly threatening. In fact it sounds less threatening then some of the examples provided. Unless your talking about the Starfall bit, and then yeah i could kinda see where your coming from
>>
>>50131103

There's nothing wrong with them despising, hating and utterly abhorring Astropaths and Navigators... they would tolerate them at the very very most.

Astropath and Navigator houses would still be assigned and forced to help them because otherwise they'd be put to the sword the same as any other organisation that goes against the will of Terra.

But now Black Templars are all, you're a witch huh? That's cool that's cool, I'm not a fan but that fact that you are is a beautiful thing and I respect that.
>>
>>50131120

t-thank God for overwatch I guess, that sounds pretty painful. Thanks for the heads up
>>
>>50131118

gb2 1d4chan
>>
>>50131156
I dunno.

Recon and spaceborne implies military things. That might get the civis a little nervous. Use less triggering names pls.
>>
>>50131065
RRR = Realspace Raiders?

The real advantage of that detachment imo isn't the 1st turn cover save but the 6 fast attack slots. Which you're not. You may as well go with a CAD so you can have fast obsec which will be good if you're doing maelstrom.
>>
>>50131163
Only towards Astropaths and Navigators.
>>
>>50131163
They are cool with Imperial psykers not any random witch.
>>
>>50130791
there's also that technical beta starting like next week which you have to sign up for
>>
File: Stoklasa.jpg (78KB, 1157x939px) Image search: [Google]
Stoklasa.jpg
78KB, 1157x939px
>>50131201

So like every other fucking Space Marine then...
>>
>>50131183
Good point I started tinkering with it to include a flyer so needed 4 slots but no anymore.

I'm thinking my best bet is to deploy in the corners of my board, screening my ravagers and venoms with the Reavers and Dark artisan so he has to charge them and I can retaliate and move out after
>>
File: Skitarii.png (315KB, 1737x803px) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii.png
315KB, 1737x803px
>TWF when you mess up your post the same time

Your thoughts for 500pts, /tg/?
>>
>>50131222
No, they still follow the council's ruling over psykers not being allowed in chapters.

Also they are 100 marines over chapter strength.
>>
File: F5FRjCv.jpg (40KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
F5FRjCv.jpg
40KB, 392x495px
>>50131118
>>
>>50131120
Doesn't GSC mostly fold when everything is mechanized? Charge a transport and you'll eat poison when whatever was inside pops out and kills you.
>>
>>50131247
>ABHOR THE WITCH

>Outsiders mistakenly interpret the lack of Librarians within the ranks of the Black Templars Chapter, and the fury with which its battle-brothers slay Chaos Sorcerers, as an intolerance of all psykers. This could hardly be further from the truth, for the Black Templars hold special reverence for Astropaths, seeing them as holy disciples who have actually communed with the Emperor. Navigators are similarly honoured, for their psychic blessing allows them to see the divine light of the Astronomican and guide the Black Templars through the Warp to deliver righteous retribution against the Emperor’s enemies.

>Instead, the Black Templars’ abhorrence is reserved for deviant alien witches and rogue psykers who embrace the blasphemous Dark Gods in their quest for power. These individuals threaten to drag entire worlds from the Emperor’s light and into damnation, for they are conduits through which unholy Daemons can cross into the mortal realm. So it is that Black Templars strengthen their souls with the purity of their faith when facing rogue psykers, as they strive to end with a single sword-stroke the potential of a daemonic assault that could otherwise plunge the Emperor’s realm into decades of bloodshed and madness.

And here is the fluff.
>>
>>50131256
with enough rending anything is possible and if you're wrecked while he covers the exits then your unit is removed from play no ifs or buts about it
>>
>>50131272

>Instead, the Black Templars’ abhorrence is reserved for deviant alien witches and rogue psykers who embrace the blasphemous Dark Gods in their quest for power.

YEP. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING SPACE MARINE CHAPTER IN EXISTENCE.
>>
>>50131294
>THE HALL OF RECORDS

>Aboard the Eternal Crusader, the battle barge that serves as High Marshal Helbrecht’s flagship and mobile fortress monastery of the Chapter, lies the Hall of Records, a vast archive where a legion of scribes and servitors toil to record the history and deeds of the Black Templars’ far-flung forces. Such duties of record keeping would normally fall to a Chapter’s Librarians, but the Black Templars Chapter boasts not a single psychic Space Marine amongst its ranks.

>is uncertain how, or when, the Black Templars ceased to field Librarians, for with their disappearance, much of the Chapter’s history was also lost. Outsiders suggest that, as the Chapter came to worship the Emperor as a god, they took his decree at the Edict of Nikaea to disband their Librarius divisions as holy law. Others whisper that the Black Templars’ gene-seed has somehow deteriorated, or that their Librarians were slain during a great war in the Chapter’s history. Some scholars point to the Black Templars’ final battle to end the Catelexis Heresy of M34, and the apocalyptic psychic death-screams that tore through the Warp after the slaying of the Cacodominus, as another possible explanation. Whatever the truth, the Black Templars have come to accept the loss of their Librarians as part of the Emperor’s divine plan. If the Emperor decides to once again bless the Black Templars with Librarians, they will embrace it, but until that day, they will wage battle without these powerful warriors at their side.

Nope. They cannot into librarians for raisens.
>>
>>50131324

>Nope

Ah yes, I forgot that the other chapters merely frown upon Alien Witches and Rogue Psykers
>>
>>50131344
They don't pursue witches with the same zealotry and devotion of the Templar.

To other SPESS, witches is just another enemy. To the SPESS of the Templar, witches are THE ENEMY.
>>
What's the best non FW imperial guard unit
>>
>>50131398
Wyvern, hands down.
>>
>>50131398
>>
>>50131421
>:^)
>>
>>50131421
does anyone still use baneblades when imperial knights are plentiful?
>>
>>50131398

Deathstrike missile.
>>
>>50131430
Sadly, no. All IG superheavies are pretty meh. And thats sad.
>>
>>50131103
>They do not.

Sure does sound like it.
>"Outsiders often mistakenly interpret the lack of Librarians within the ranks of the Black Templars Chapter – and the fury with which its battle brothers slay Chaos Sorcerers – as an intolerance of all psykers. This could hardly be further from the truth, for the Black Templars hold special reverence for Astropaths, seeing them as holy disciples who have actually communed with the Emperor. Navigators are similarly honoured"

Just because you have to tolerate something or use its services doesn't mean you still can't hate them for their vile heresies.
>>
>>50131421

2 out 3 Astartes lose their basic common sense when confronted by the Emperor's Baneblade?
>>
>>50131049
Actually the dystopia your looking for is Brave New World.
The Imperium holds exclusive rights to the 1984 allusions and will have always been at war with you if you steal them.
>>
>>50131109
0/10, try a little harder, faggot.
>>
>>50131494
Where are the answers? Where is the freaking apology? Fing coward.
>>
>>50131430
Someone is my group takes a Shadowsword whenever another guy brings out his Knight Crusader.
>>
>>50131430

Yes, but their limitations are apparent when confronted with Super-Heavy Walkers or Gargantuan Creatures.
>>
File: John Calvin.jpg (63KB, 609x830px) Image search: [Google]
John Calvin.jpg
63KB, 609x830px
>>50131324
Maybe they're part of the sect from Blind, who believe that free will and psychic powers can only be had by the Emperor, and nobody else. Psykers need to be lobotomized and used as mere instruments in machinery. Astropaths would just be flesh antennas for communications machinery, used like batteries until they die, for example.
>>
>>50131530

Or basic Walkers and Monstrous Creatures as there are some that can near about destroy a Baneblade on the charge.
>>
>>50131715
yes. And SHW/GC are so much better than SHT's. Stomp is so much better than thunderblitz.
>>
File: Tapped Bait.jpg (29KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tapped Bait.jpg
29KB, 375x523px
So what's the deal with Game UK stocking Battle for Vedros from tomorrow onwards?
Gearing up for DOW3 or are GW going to get their shit together with 8th and offer basic affordable figures alongside the current more pricey customisation versions?
>>
>>50131508
Don't you call anon a fing, cunt.
>>
>>50131925
Don call fingcaller a cunt, anon
>>
Just got a Get Started box of CSM. What mark/icon should I use?

My regular opponents are Blood Angels and Necrons.
>>
>>50131817
u wot
>>
File: angels of absolution.jpg (81KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
angels of absolution.jpg
81KB, 800x680px
Hey folks, thinking about starting a dark angels army, but I kinda want to roll Angels of Absolution.

Problem is, all the ravenwing/deathwing stuff is molded onto the models these days, and I'm not sure the ravenwing stuff will look good in bone white.

How should one paint/model an AoA army if all the dark angels models have ravenwing/deathwing markings molded on them, or do the DA successor chapters also utilize the special first/second company markings and heraldry?
>>
>>50131731

Super-Heavy Flyers and Gargantuan Flying Creatures aren't much better are they?
>>
>>50132129
http://www.game.co.uk/en/battle-for-vedros-starter-set-1714373

>>50132124
Nurgle. Toughness+1 tends to fuck with the battle math of players that go for strength over tactics.
>>
>>50132124
Nurgle is the most well rounded mechanically, but I like Slaanesh because of garish colors and noise marines.
>>
>>50132161
>>50132167
This.
>>
>>50132161
Black Reach stuff repackaged for kiddies. Seems like a good idea to me.
>>
File: flat_1000x1000_075_f.jpg (115KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
flat_1000x1000_075_f.jpg
115KB, 1000x750px
>>50131480

We have enough hate ton cover your pansy asses
>>
>>50132161
>>50132167
Thanks guys. I kinda dislike Nurgle's aesthetics though. I ran a game with Tzeentch, but his bonuses never activated. I might try Slaanesh next for FNP.
>>
>>50132295
>I kinda dislike Nurgle's aesthetics though.
Me too. I love the buff, but dislike the look. I mean, plague marines are cool and all, but pre-heresy Death Guard is my jam.
>>
>>50132147
i think its down to personal preference.
Buy some from ebay from the DV kit and paint them. see if you like the result.
>>
>>50132335
The DV kit literally has the dark angels logo on the shoulderpads.
>>
File: 1478034980654.jpg (66KB, 800x549px) Image search: [Google]
1478034980654.jpg
66KB, 800x549px
>>50131247
actually its estimated that the templars total strength throughout the entire universe is the equivalent to 3 or 4 full chapters.

what fucking kills me about templars is they lost their vows.
>>
File: img4fa725a2a6456.jpg (93KB, 700x445px) Image search: [Google]
img4fa725a2a6456.jpg
93KB, 700x445px
Can someone explain to me how to make the best out of Wraiths in assault? I've read online about some tricks with Pile In moves and I1, and only a few Wraiths needing Whip Coils and... I'm confused, cause I don't know what it's about. Please explain.
>>
>>50132362
Retconned. They have never had more than 1300 men, and are currently at 1100.
>>
GW need to re-balance their shit for 8th.

Human S3
Demi-god Space Marine S4
Fucking wat
>>
>>50132369
Also how can one abuse wound allocation with different equipment options?
>>
Would it be weird if Cadian tanks had the color scheme of the Armageddon Steel Legion (my cadian colors are grey on the armor and black cloth, but I may change)
>>
>>50132414
That was what, 5th edition thing?
>>
>>50129850
It also doesn't matter if he's not deepstriking, which aethersails make me think he's not (in that case, he can just have the harlies load up first turn before moving)
>>
>>50132290
>inb4 Sisters get psykers
>inb4 living saints get Daemon USR
>>
>>50132399
I dunno what retconned means but I think you're gay
>>
>>50132447
Oh, so it's no longer relevant?
>>
>>50132456
>living saints
Juicy
>>
>>50132438
It's your dudes. Paint them with the ASL scheme if you like. They look better than Cadians anyway.
>>
>>50132414
That hasn't been a thing for years anon. In ranged combat wounds are allocated to the closest model to the shooter unless they have barrage or precision shot. In melee you pick a model to take the first wound, and if it takes a wound, you have to keep allocating to that model until it dies.

Finally killed off Nob/Wraith wound sharing cheese bullshit. (Orks didn't deserve it, Necrons definitely fucking did) It's not as if Wraiths need any kind of help to wreck shit left right and center.
>>
Just getting back into 40k

Right before I stopped playing, everyone brought an aiges defence line, how some everyone stopped buying it?
>>
How do you guys rule between Dangerous, Difficult, and Impassable terrain?

>>50132583
I play on urban maps at low point level. An Aegis is a significant chunk of my points in exchange for cover that I already have.
>>
>>50132124
Me again: Wondering what warband I should play. I'm thinking Undivided, probably Black Legion because they're so iconic, or maybe Word Bearers because of Dark Crusade. Opinions?
>>
via B&C rumormongers

>“So a Gentlemen on Facebook (I wont post the name out of respect) Who had some reliable information in the past posted a supposed >“Release list” for December.

>Daemon Primarch Magnus

>Plastic 40k Ahriman

>Plastic Rubric marines

>Plastic Rubric terminators

>40k Tzaangors (bizarre but asked twice regarding this)

>Sorcerer Cabal (Not sure if new models or re-packaging)

>and at the end of december; Plastic Canoness for Sisters of Battle…..
>The books are supposedly War Zone Fenris 2

>Traitor Legions (not known if a rules book, an art book)

>supposedly 8 mega force bundles in december between 40k and AOS (even split) “

I really hope they don't leave Grey Knights out of Fenris pt 2...
>>
>>50132614
>How do you guys rule between Dangerous, Difficult, and Impassable terrain?
decide that before you start the game to avoid arguments.
>>
>>50132583
Reliable deepstrike.infiltrate armies are becoming more present in the game, as well as Tau being able to straight up ignore the big wall.

The answer now is to bunker up and pucker your arsehole.
>>
>>50132627
Yeah, but I mean more like a ground rule for "what's this likely to be".
>>
File: Tzaangors.jpg (93KB, 719x461px) Image search: [Google]
Tzaangors.jpg
93KB, 719x461px
>>50132618
>40k Tzaangors

Beastmen coming back.
>>
>>50132438
Cadian regiments will often have colours based on where they will be deployed. As with most regiments.
>>
File: 1462284949998.png (250KB, 432x526px) Image search: [Google]
1462284949998.png
250KB, 432x526px
>>50132438
>Armageddon-pattern Basilisk
My dick
>>
>>50132653
>difficult
any terrain except bunkers and buildings that are still in good shape

>dangerous
densely cluttered rubble/terrain

>impassable
anything you cannot physically stand the model in, or his over twice the models height.
>>
>>50132614
Is it something you can scale or move over (gorge, lava, massive cube of obsidian glowing with an eldritch glow)? Impassable.

Is it something that's likely to hurt you if you walked into it (mines, puddle of toxic waste). Dangerous.

Is it something different from the regular board? Difficult.

>>50132627
Oh man, I remember one game where two players had a massive argument over a little puddle on the table and whether or not it was difficult (thus slowing one player's charge through it) or open terrain (thus allowing them to charge unhindered).
>>
File: IMG_3117.png (2MB, 719x937px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3117.png
2MB, 719x937px
>>50132767
Kek, Ordo Reductor ignores all terrain, including impassable.
>>
>>50129919
Could use another scoring unit of some kind, or a russ to park on objective in your zone.
>>
How much do Imperial Knights weigh lorewise?

I assumed most Super-Heavy things are over 100 tons, but apparently some are way less than that in the lore.
>>
>>50132409
>orks s3
>tau s3
>humans s3
>kroot s3
>eldar s3
>>
>>50132927
>orks s3
>I2
>melee race
Never fails to make me laugh.
>>
Is there a good read (up to date) anywhere on the web about general guidelines of playing 40k well? I'm a total noob - only a couple of games played, and lost every single one of them. A link would be highly appreciated.
>>
>>50132409
>>50132927

I'm not seeing why Orks aren't Strength 4 base when they're said to be stronger than Humans in the lore.
>>
>>50132767
2" can make a big difference.
>>
>>50132958
Regular ork boys can actually be smaller/the same size as the average man when not hunched like they usually are.
>>
File: 1464003864394.jpg (181KB, 900x699px) Image search: [Google]
1464003864394.jpg
181KB, 900x699px
>>50132958
Because
>NPC race
>>
>>50132958
>I'm not seeing why Orks aren't Strength 4 base when they're said to be stronger than Humans in the lore.
To be fair, Catachans are described as being ridiculously fucking strong compared to regular dudes, but they're also S3. They're strong as a race of people, to the point where their musculature and height are visibily identifying characteristics of them, and are said to be about halfway between Base Human and Space Marine.
>>
>>50132409
Space Marine Veteran Sergeant, has served in the 1st Company and fought for decades. Takes to the field with the finest equipment and augurs that can be crammed into power armour.
>BS4
Guardsman who survives one deployment to attain veteran status
>BS4
>>
>>50132975
Those are called grots.
>>
>>50132618
They will. No one cares about grey knights sadly. Every other Marine chapter has more than 1 formation, unlike gk.
>>
>>50133067
Imperial guard veterans are ws3
>>
File: 1458446471941.png (448KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
1458446471941.png
448KB, 600x764px
>>50133067
Tau that trains from birth in marksmanship and nothing else but marksmanship
>BS3
>>
File: Tzaangors.jpg (43KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Tzaangors.jpg
43KB, 600x620px
>>50132618
Yes. YES.
>>
>>50132991

If that were true for a second, their stuff would be cheaper in their own book.
>>
>>50133166
>npc race
>getting to bring more cool gear than the man characters
lol
>>
>>50133098
Good thing I'm not talking about that then.
>>
LOOKING FOR FUN KILL-TEAM LISTS FOR
Orks
Space Marines (any Chapter)
CSM (any warband)
>>
>>50133193

I said it needs to be cheaper.

If they're really an npc race it wouldn't make a difference anyway.
>>
>>50133227
200pts btw
>>
>>50132618
Why the hell TS have tzaangors? Aren't they AoS? This implications worry me.
>>
>>50133278
Cultist-equivalent. Disposable bullet catchers to soften up an enemy and draw fire away from your 10k year old sorcerers.
>>
File: IMG_3005.jpg (102KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3005.jpg
102KB, 400x585px
>>50133227
Enperor's Warbringers Scouts on a scouting mission.

Imperial Fists chapter tactics. Olive Drab Operator Marines before Raptors were a thing.
>>
>>50133204
>imperial guardsman attain veteran status
>"lol, im not talking about veterans!"
Sure thing friendo
>>
>>50133343
BS4.
BS. Ballistic Skill.
This is not weapon skill.
>>
>>50133067
>>50133124
>literal retard mutant with the mental prowess of a 5 year old known for holding the trigger down because they like the sounds their gun makes
>BS3
>>
>>50133343
You are a special kind of retarded.
>>
So since harlequins came up earlier, I've got a question for my own harlequins since I'm new to them.

Is it better to go for 6man troupes in starweavers, or should I keep it 5man for adding in a shadowseer?
>>
>>50133278
40k has always had Beastmen in it. They're mutants. Tzaangors are just Tzeentch Beastmen.
>>
>>50133381
And they're ws3 you stupid fucking retard.
I think you should go have a drink of bleach before you post here again you worthless piece of shit.

>>50133435
Kill yourself.
>>
>>50133408

>Not understanding the nature of their weapon is responsible for the value of their ballistic skill

Nice try though, 1/10 for effort
>>
>>50133499
Who fives a shit about WS? No one takes guardsmen of any kind for close combat.
The entire discussion has been about shooting ability. Ballistics Skill. BS. Not WS, you ass maggot.
>>
>>50133499
(you)
>>
>>50133510
All the same could be said for Orks, and yet one is BS2 while the other is BS3. Why the difference? Oh yeah, one's an Imperial unit, and the other is from an NPC race.
>>
File: liasissodonrules.jpg (179KB, 651x848px) Image search: [Google]
liasissodonrules.jpg
179KB, 651x848px
>>50133227
Raptors Tactics:
> 5-man Scout Squad
- Combi-Weapon of choice on Sergeant
- Heavy Bolter
- Camo Cloaks
> 5-man Sternguard Squad

This is my own list, although it's fairly competitive, and can shred elite teams to absolute pieces. But I would like to post a fun question for people's kill teams.

Here's the scenario:
Whatever kill-team game you were expecting today just got derailed. Your only opponent is a 200 point kill-team consisting solely of this dude. He has "Been There, Seen It, Done It", and picked Reaping Volley so he can tag 4 people with specialist ammo a turn.

Tactics: The most dangerous member of your team is tagged with Infiltrate, Isolate, Destroy at the start of the game.. They will probably die immediately. Lias Issodon tries to infiltrate into a prominent position with good cover to claim benefits of his Shrouded.

Hard Mode: Drop 25 points from whatever kill-team you brought. He's only a 175 point model after all!
>>
>>50133589
Isn't 2+ armour not allowed?
>>
>>50133589
No HQs in KT.

>tfw I mention Emperor's Warbringers being the OG Operator Marines before the Raptors made it cool
>Anon comes and posts the Raptors
>>
>>50133633
>>50133635
Yep, hence the challenge. Can your kill-team take him out? How do you think the fight would go?
>>
>>50133657
He dies to Sternguard poison rounds. Maybe. But you are sort of making him worth far more than 175 with picking and choosing the traits.
>>
>>50133589
12 Secutarii peltasts. Alpha will instadie, but the one with Sniper, one with Executioner and one with Preferred enemy will survive to rain wounds down upon him, and several will be Rending or otherwise buffed. It depends entirely on how long my Specialists last.
>>
>>50132618

>Daemon Primarch Magnus
Fully believable.

>Plastic 40k Ahriman
2 sculpts for the same character in the same yearly quarter?

>Plastic Rubric marines
I really want to believe.

>Plastic Rubric terminators
I hope not.

>40k Tzaangors (bizarre but asked twice regarding this)
Daemons would be unlikely to be released alongside CSM releases.

>Sorcerer Cabal (Not sure if new models or re-packaging)
Probable.

>and at the end of december; Plastic Canoness for Sisters of Battle…..
Plastic hero without a troop box to buy it with? Not going to happen.

>The books are supposedly War Zone Fenris 2
Sure, it's been a long time coming.

>Traitor Legions (not known if a rules book, an art book)
Cool, looking forward to it.

>supposedly 8 mega force bundles in december between 40k and AOS (even split) “
Probably going to happen. Though I doubt it'll be the contents announced by the other leak source.
>>
>>50133589
>he can tag 4 people with specialist ammo
no he cant, go re-read the SiA rules: they REPLACE that profile, and are all rapid fire
>>
>>50128618
New thread
>>50134028
Fresh thread
>>50134028
Pristine thread
>>50134028
>>
>>50133966
>Daemons would be unlikely to be released alongside CSM releases.

Tzaangors aren't daemons. They're mutant Beastmen.

>I hope not.

It's been confirmed by multiple sources.
>>
>>50130430
Oh hey Satan how you doing?
>>
>>50131025
Raven guard have been a fully codex compliant chapter since 3rd edition at the earliest.

Corax is the one primarch who was totally on board with the splitting of the legions, and it says it right in his index astartes.
>>
File: DSC_0477.jpg (4MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0477.jpg
4MB, 6000x4000px
Hey 40kG (aka the amount we're likely overweight),

My friend bought me some Tyranid Warriors, and I was thinking of equipping them as follows:

>Warrior 1: Lashwhip/bonesword + Rending Claws

>Warrior 2: Lashwhip/bonesword + Rending Claws

>Warrior 3: Rending Claws + Barbed strangler.

Am I doing it wrong? Is there any point to them having Rending Claws as well as the Lashwhip and Bonesword? You can only get the +1 to attacks for extra weapon once right? And if it does, does that mean all my close combat attacks get rending?

Another example is, my flyrant has lash whip and bonesword, but is moddeled with the prehensile pincer tail, does that get it an extra attack on top of the +1 already gained from lashwhip/bonesword (which I am assuming counts as two weapons)

How do I into 4 arms?

Pic related is the 2nd last game I played with them (some very old nids from my first Battle for Macragge set pictured), but my Hive Tyrant is front and centre here. Failed his charge like a bitch and got cut down by the Emperor's Justice®.
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.