[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about your character's parents.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 32

File: file.png (344KB, 821x544px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
344KB, 821x544px
Tell me about your character's parents.
>>
>>50128271
they died of a mundane illness so such an inconsequential fact never became important enough to waste time talking about.
>>
>>50128281
Walt? Is that you?
>>
>>50128271
DA BIG BAD ORC WARCHIEF and some girl from his harem that no one even remembers the name of
>>
File: file.png (266KB, 523x545px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
266KB, 523x545px
>>50128305
How about Judith?

That's a pretty good orc name.
>>
>>50128271
My character never met his parents, they died before he was born.
>>
>>50128271
They abandoned him when he was little. His surrogate mother died when he was in his late teens.
>>
>>50128271
Her mother died from pneumonia when she was a few years old, her father was a war hero and a figure inspiration for her (oh, and also a cultist just like her), but he too died of plague a few years ago.
>>
>>50128271
I generally just don't mention them, and luckily I've never had a GM who feels the urge to kill off relatives you don't specifically say are already dead.
>>
>>50128334
Both of them?
>>
They're a duke and duchess who shipped her off to become a vengeance paladin just like all the oldest children in the family. Her little brother's going to inherit the estate once they die.
>>
>>50128450
It's complicated.
>>
I like how a PC's relationship with his parents says more about the player's previous DMs than it does about his parents.
>>
File: red wizard of thay.jpg (95KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
red wizard of thay.jpg
95KB, 498x750px
They were traditional Thayan red wizards. Which is to say, they were experimenting to make their offspring more powerful mages.

My character was part of a batch of three. One failure who didn't survive infancy (we hope,) one success (played by my wife, who rolled an 18 during character creation and is playing a beautifully bitchy necromancer,) and one disappointment who had no talent for wizardry and left home to join the army. Of course, in Thay that means the Legion of Bones, where they train you to command undead troops until you distinguish yourself enough to be turned. So I'm playing an oathbreaker paladin with asshole wizard parents.
>>
>>50128271
Never knew her mother, she was raised in a matriarchal commune that was actually a coven of witches. Father was some no-name sacrifice she never met.
>>
>>50128271
They live in another country. :^)
>>
>>50128271
Her father is a famous inventor and a pioneer of technological advancement in the setting. She was all set to follow in his footsteps, but when her mother died during her teens she ran away from home in order to search for... something. Exactly what she's looking for is something the other players haven't figured out yet.

She's the BBEG. I'm the forever GM.
>>
File: 1478173960256.jpg (87KB, 675x675px) Image search: [Google]
1478173960256.jpg
87KB, 675x675px
>>50128271
I don't now about my birth parents but I got pick up by a single hunter and her two daughters (oneesan and imoutochan)
Is it incest if my character adopted?
>>
It's a mass-produced technomagical construct built to fight in a setting's WW1 analogue, so no parents.
>>
>>50128271
They were gassed in the holocaust.
>>
Supernatural fox bitch who works at a banking company, and a gunsmith with over 12 kids (8 eight of whom survived infancy) with another woman.
>>
My rogue's mother is still alive and kickin' but she's been brought up once so who knows what she's up to.

His father is a major recurring NPC. He's a lazy, slovenly drunk who hits my character up every so often to borrow money to pay off his gambling debts and get out of jail. Kind of the village idiot in my character's hometown. Hugely important to the plot right now for reasons too complicated to go into.
>>
He was raised in a convent.

That he burned down hoping it'd let him join an invading army.

It didn't work, and he joined the party to get revenge on the invading army for making him waste kindling
>>
File: 1465396256960.jpg (55KB, 564x847px) Image search: [Google]
1465396256960.jpg
55KB, 564x847px
She's the immortal witch queen of a matriarchy. My characters penis was a big disappointment.
>>
Warlock father. No magic powers inherited.
>>
>>50128271
They are producing parfumes in a nice little town in not!Renaissance Italy.
Last time they received a letter from me, I was in not!Arabia. Currently, we just got back from a "hike" on not!Mount Everest and went to another mountain to get some lost knowledge from troll ghosts. Fall is starting soon and they might consider me dead.
>>
>>50128281
Mother was frail and died not long after childbirth, father migrated looking for work after leaving my character with his grandfather to be educated as a butcher/meat monger.
>>
Mother is a disgraced noble who is now deep off in la-la land, and dad is an elven bard who doesn't see 30 years as a significant amount of time.
>>
>>50128590
If your siblings are Pic related then you won't have many people criticizing you for incest

Being called out for bestiality and called a pervert should be a bigger concern
>>
dirt farmer peasants who lived and died in their tiny birth village
>>
>>50128271
They're dead, either because I killed them on the backstory or because my GM is going to kill them
>>
Adopted.
>>
>>50128670
>My characters penis was a big disappointment.
Your GM lets you play a self-insert?
>>
>>50128871
>because my GM is going to kill them

your loved ones were raped/mutilated/murdered every fucking time.
>>
>>50128878
Damn Daniel back at it again with the sick burns.
>>
>>50128271
My father died sealing a powerful wind demon into the sword that I am sworn to protect.

My mother is alive, but constantly ill, leaving me the family's only source of income.
>>
>>50128878
>self-insert
Is not that long
>>
>>50128670
>My characters penis was a big disappointment.
What does that have to do with his parents?
>>
File: tumblr_nlrlsxS90N1rtuqolo1_1280.jpg (430KB, 1198x592px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlrlsxS90N1rtuqolo1_1280.jpg
430KB, 1198x592px
>>50128861
If That does not stop troll from breeding before.
>>
They were sacrificed by an evil witch cult after a long and happy life together as fully paid-up members of the witch cult, and their sacrifice unleashed a dark magic that it had been their lifelong goal to release.
>>
>>50128271
They're just regular Mandos, nothing special about them.
Even my Sith had a normal family before becoming a PC. I never gave any thought into psychoanalyzing my characters, but I think he respected his dad much more than he respected any of his bosses in the Sith order.
>>
>>50128271
Farmers and horse breeders that live relatively remotely.
Honest, hard-working people who mostly wanted their children to take on the same business they're in. Not super happy about my character leaving to be a militaman, but he was third in the line of succession anyway, and they do see it as a good cause. They've grown to be somewhat accepting of his career, but still hopes he's going to come "home" and settle some farmland in the area.
Vaguely Catholic in belief, though they're not exactly theologically inclined, and it's more a set of moral values than a particularly developed faith. There's no real church or priests in the area, and it's as much culture as it's religion. His father values this the most.
Both of them can read, which isn't that uncommon in this setting, and teach their kids as best they can. At the very least, they make their children read what books they have that's relevant to the farm. Mother knows two languages, as does my character (although it's accented and the vocabulary simple).
They're not terribly well liked in the local community, but that mostly has to do with my character's grandfather being kind of a dick.

They still live, though they're getting older and require more help, which the older brother is in charge of. He's going to take over the farm in not too long, I think.
They've not become relevant in the campaign.
>>
On his mothers side? Local ruling noble house.
On his fathers side, aging but respected priest-adventurer from the Kingdom next door.

He never met his mother and grew up with his father in the Graveyard that he tended.
>>
>>50128271
it created a huge upset when i found out they were actually die-hard furries
they are wookies though, just like me
>>
>>50128450
only the mother
>>
My character's mother was raped during the multi-decade war. She died at childbirth and my char was conscripted/adopted by a band of mercenaries.
>>
>>50128271
Didn't like 'em. Ran away and joined the army when he was 16. Grew up and raised his kids better than he had been raised
>>
File: 82d6c3d93af3450a3dcb7a534ba93b32.jpg (120KB, 736x1100px) Image search: [Google]
82d6c3d93af3450a3dcb7a534ba93b32.jpg
120KB, 736x1100px
Refugees from a dead kingdom that was overrun by demons, living under the ever present shadow of the local inquisition.

He doesn't talk about them much, in the same way he doesn't talk about his background in general much for the dual reasons of growing up in the shadow of hell is a-shit and the Witch Finders might hear about his location.

Needless to say, he's a bit of a quiet one.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 556x636px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 556x636px
>>50129248
Woah Gattsu you are soooooooooo original!

I bet your char wields stupidly big swords too!
>>
>>50129331

Guns are more effective vs Protestant heretics.
>>
>>50128271
Father was a hedonist who went around being drunk and draining the family's money before getting an elf pregnant. The elf then left the child at his door steps and disappeared into the night herself. Trying to avoid a scandal, the man took the child in, but proceeded to neglect him for a good 40 years before my character told him to go fuck himself in a manner most foul. The father died of old age and the mother is in parts unknown.
>>
>all these dead parent and edgy backgrounds
>>
Father is a pencil pusher up and over in Not!Egypt working as a personal assistant to some higher ups in the religious orders. Mother was a friendly stay-at-home type who really didn't do much more than pump out children like her life depended on it.

And well, since nobody gets paid when they're too old to work it's kinda right. The kids need to send up gold for their well-being.

It kinda sucks my character was forced out of his home by the party when they blew up his home and took him along in a plot where they're now blamed for murdering the Emperor.
>>
>>50129427
It IS a TTRPG, people will always be like that. :^)
>>
My character's father was a Men at Arms during a very long war. A peace treaty was signed between both kings. After 20 years of war, few soldiers and knight had any home to go back to. Some were living like lords after having conquered one of the many castles. Why should anyone want to go back home?

Many captains of companies began to style themselves wherever they had been knighted or not. They formed free companies, fighting neither for lord nor the gods, but for themselves. The whole army became bands of robbers on a nightmarish scale. The company of my character's father was 16,000-strong.

Eventually the majority of the companies descended on the Holy Site where the head of the Holy City. They burned the surrounding countryside and threatened to attack the Representative on the gods unless he handed over "a spiritually uplifting sum of money". He offered pardon for all the sins committed, the the sum equivalent to the salary of 3,000 years of work and a job of marauders on the warring city-states far away.
>>
>>50128271
Remember that you asked for this.

>Iliira the drow rogue

1/?

Complicated question.

Her biological father, Iliira knows absolutely nothing about, and knows enough about drow society to know that her mother might not have known and certainly doesn't care about him, either. He's most likely dead.

Her mother was Avaunya Ii'ilmerias, matron mother of the Hosue Ii'ilmerias, Third House of Sschindylrin, a drow city. Due to various circumstances involving Iliira's older sister Ectanis, House Ii'ilmerias was destroyed by rival Houses while Avaunya was just a few months pregnant with Iliira. Everyone in it was killed (or presumed so), but Avaunya managed to teleport away. It was supposed to be to a safehold but due to the vagaries of faerzress Avaunya was instead teleported to a surface world forest. She was also abandoned by Lolth, losing access to all her clerical magic.

Avaunya wandered for several days there. Her weapons and armor crumbled to ash in the sunlight, and though there was water she had no idea what was safe to eat and what wasn't - morning sickness from her pregnancy not helping there - and so was starving when she was chanced upon by a group of moon elf forest nomads. The elves might have killed her if not for how pitiable a situation she was in, and so instead captured her. When it became obvious that she was in the early stages of pregnancy, the moon elves reached the (rather unfortunate, to them) conclusion that they really couldn't kill her.

Avaunya lived for several months among the moon elves, hating most every moment of it but not knowing what else to do with Lolth having abandoned her. Mostly she was certain the elves would torture her to death any day now, but it didn't happen.

As part of the nomad group's nomading, they made their way to a human lumberjack village called Gell's Pass to trade. Avaunya was told in no uncertain terms by the elves to stay out, for her own safety.
>>
She eats men's livers.
>>
Father was the son of an eunuch.
>>
Father had the shipfitter blues
Loving you has made me bananas.
>>
>>50129541
2/3

Naturally, Avaunya didn't, mostly to spite the elves. While in the village (wearing a big ol' cloak and hood to hide her features, and doing it at twilight anyway) she made her way to the local inn and tavern. She found just about everything in the inn and tavern disgusting and primitive when compared to the refined tastes of a drow. Especially the innkeeper, a man named Korbin, who had been a lumberjack prior to injuring his right leg, making him walk with a limp. Korbin was just an absolute disgrace. Loud and rude and vulgar. Nice build, though. Never really lost the lumberjack muscles despite switching to innkeeping. Beard was intiguing, too, even if it made him look like an overlarge dwarf. Korbin, for his part, thought that Avaunya was a bit of a stuck-up bitch and wouldn't indulge her desire to be treated like royalty.

The moon elves (who would be in town for a few days as part of their trading) found Avaunya and dragged her away from the inn, but the next night she went back there anyway, and ending up talking with Korbin more. Mostly they traded insults back and forth. By the end of it the elves found Avaunya again, this time revealing to Korbin that she was a dark elf in the hopes that he'd not want to see her again.

Turns out he didn't care that much, though. When Avaunya came back on the third night, he asked if she wanted to stay rather than traveling around with the elves. She did. The moon elves were, for the most part, glad to be rid of her.

For the next year and three months (elven pregnancies are 2 years long), Avaunya lived in Gell's Pass with Korbin. She was gradually introduced to the village so that they got used to a drow living in their midst, and she, meanwhile, gradually started warming up to the idea of living on the surface world, even if it meant staying with Korbin - whom she was falling in love with, a feeling that Korbin reciprocated.
>>
File: Iliira 01.png (536KB, 686x963px) Image search: [Google]
Iliira 01.png
536KB, 686x963px
>>50129648
3/3

Unfortuantely, Avaunya's pregnancy became difficult in its final months, and her labor was...damaging. Gell's Pass didn't have any clerics or other magical healers, and sadly Avaunya passed away giving birth to Iliira, living only just long enough to learn she had a daughter and name her (an obscure drow word meaning "point of light", i.e., starlight).

Korbin wasn't about to abandon Iliira, of course, and so raised her as his own daughter. This was difficult for a number of reasons beyond simply needing to find a wet nurse - namely, elves age about a third slower than humans until the age of 25; this includes their minds as well as their bodies. Iliira took longer to learn to crawl, longer to stand, longer to say her first words than a human child would. What's more, sunlight burned her eyes and skin fiercely, though she built up some resistance to both over time. Even once she was old enough to start playing with the other children in town, those children would out-grow her - several of her childhood friends, for example, hit puberty, went through it, got married, and had their first child, all before Iliira began puberty herself.

For his own part, Korbin never treated Iliira as anything other than his daughter, raising her with steady patience. He made it clear to the rest of the village that Iliira was not a threat despite being drow, something they came around to both due to having known Avaunya and because it's difficult to think of someone as evil when you used to watch them try and catch their own shadow.

As a father, Korbin was fairly easy-going. He encouraged Iliira to go out into the world and make her own mistakes, and learn from them.

The rest has more to do with Iliira than Korbin, so we'll stop there. Suffice to say that Korbin is still alive in Gell's Pass, tending bar. He doesn't know about Iliira's "profession" as a thief, and probably wouldn't be too happy to learn about it.
>>
My father was part of the royal Windswept Cavalry. I grew up hearing tales of his victories, living in that huge vineyard. You couldn't spit without hitting some war trophy and triggering another tired old war story.

It was only natural that I joined the army when I came of age. I thought that my fancy education would have helped, that I would have been able to hold back the tide of savage orcs. I was the only survivor of my first combat encounter.

How could I even look at them any more, doctor? Would they see their son? Or would they just see a drunken shell of a man?
>>
>>50128334
Does that mean you're a ghost baby?
>>
>>50128271
My character's dad was the king, and ended up dying of an illness in game. The pending succession crisis was actually the main mover of the plot of the last arc. My character was last in line but I wasn't about to let my siblings kill each other over it OR waste the lives of our men doing so (especially when our kingdom sits on a boarder with the wild-monster infested lands and we need all the fighting men we can get).

My character's mom was literally never mentioned other than she was related to a duke, whose estate I used as a neutral site for a peace conference. Considering she didn't step in and help me keep the peace, and that I couldn't afford a relationship with her at character burning, I gotta assume she's dead as well. Never really been confirmed though.
>>
My character spontaneously was born into being from the nothingness of the void. It has no parents.
>>
Mum died in childbirth.
Pa got killed by bandits.
Uncle fell down a crevace.
Such is life is the polar wastes.
>>
>>50130113
Did a polar dingo also eat ya sister's baby?
>>
My character went back in time and became his own father.
>>
>>50130129
Aye, that'd be flipping right, m8
>>
>>50130148
You motherfucker
>>
>>50130014
Good ol burning wheel
>>50130148
Look mommy I spotted the degenrat
>>
His father was the son of a Count. His mother was a village girl who helped tend to her father's tavern. The nobleman swept her off her feet, promised her marriage and out popped my character nine months later.

His dad used gifts and the promise of a good life for her son to keep her quiet about the affair, but through their letters the Count found out, and arranged his son married. To tie up loose ends and ensure his son's cooperation, he sent a few men to deal with the problem. My mother fled, and my character only learned of his parentage later on when the two of them were in exile.

His father, now the new Count, believes his lover and bastard are both dead. His mother has since settled in another village, where she acts as a midwife under a false name.
>>
You know, for a board that hates on the "my parents are dead and I'm edgy" meme there's an awful lot of dead parents. And an even higher amount of edgy backgrounds. What is this shit guys.
>>
>>50130148
genetics don't work like that you triple nigger
>>
Her father is in the local consul's guard force, and her mother is staying a home, raising her younger siblings. Both of them are alive and well, but she hasn't told them that she's working as hired muscle now.
Will probably visit them if we ever travel to the city my character is from.
>>
File: 1475407593176.jpg (102KB, 800x1399px) Image search: [Google]
1475407593176.jpg
102KB, 800x1399px
Her mom is a simple maid of the palace.
Her dad is the king.
They're both elves.
>>
>>50130470
>no knifeears
>>
File: Heinz_being_born.jpg (47KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Heinz_being_born.jpg
47KB, 853x480px
>>50128271
They were so neglectful they didn't show up when I was born
>>
Deceased parents are the best!
>>
>>50130490
I can't ever find good witchy knife-eared girl pitches.
>>
>>50130884
>pitches
Goddammit.
>>
>>50130338
There are games where it's better to have dead parents than go through the DM's bullshit.
>>
Dad is the 1st child of the mother earth, mother is a commoner who fell in love with a halfling.
>>
>>50130926
Yeah, I feel your struggle on that one. I'm suspecting my DM of possibly pulling that on me too, espescially since I reminded him of their livelihood by sending them a letter with some cash attached to it.
>>
File: farmer's wife.jpg (42KB, 468x380px) Image search: [Google]
farmer's wife.jpg
42KB, 468x380px
>>50128271
They are still kicking in the farmlands. I dare the gm to fuck with my ma and pa.
>>
>>50128271
His father was loving and spoiled him.
His mother taught him how to live and then she got slaughtered in the street.

He has a few issues now.
>>
>>50128271
Every time a dm complaints all his players have orphan pcs, he should ask himself if he wanted the parents to be alive, so he can use them for a quest that'd cause drama if failed.
>>
>>50129427
If your parents aren't dead right out the gate the dm will make it his personal mission to make sure they die and you trip over their corpses.
>>
Mum's a retired adventurer with a bum leg, two dozen disfiguring scars, a nice horde of wondrous items and about a hundred stories why people shouldn't be adventurers.
Dad's a nutty librarian working for the university who regularly takes books home and drives himself crazy peering into secrets man was not meant to know.
My character is following in both their footsteps. They could not be more proud/concerned.
>>
>>50128271
Adopted by one of the wizards that killed his parents and raised in Aundair for all of his life. Adoptive parent in question has never come up once.
>>
>>50128271

His mother supposedly died of illness when he was still very young. She really loved him and was rather nice to him and all his siblings.
His father since then became much colder and spoke much less, although he did his part to feed his kids: he took the whole thing pretty badly. He hardly showed any love for him not because he hated him, but because he was reminded too much of his wife.
Eventually some years later he supposedly died in a hunting incident, leaving the -still young- character an orphan.
If it counts, though, he had an 'uncle' figure that did work as surrogate father that taught him many things, and while there wasn't a proper 'love' so-to-speak, my character admired and looked up to him.
>>
Dad was a colonel in the army, mom is hereditary second mate aboard a cruiser, mom wanted a kid and hooked up while in port, wham bam thank you ma'am, mom and the endless aunts and cousins and second cousins helped raise my character, who is most likely going to eventually take the second mate posting sometime in her fifties or sixties.
>>
>>50128271
>92 posts
>13 of them contain the word "dead"
>14 contain the word "died"

Wew
>>
>>50128996
HEY-OH
>>
>>50130926
This

90% of my PCs are orphans these days because any that aren't are killed by Orc Hordes in session 1. Every single time.

Other time he wasn't an orphan was when the DM mandated everyone have living family because he's tired of everyone being murderhobo orphans....and then promptly had then all killed session 1, turning them into murderhobo orphans.

I suspect my DM had the self awareness of a sponge some days.
>>
>>50128271
They're a flock of birds. Right now they're probably chilling in a semi-tropical paradise, eating exotic bugs and clay and shit. They'll be back once spring rolls around though, along with all his new brothers and sisters. He'll be there to meet them in the old hovel where he used to live.
>>
My paladins mother had a a shitass evil witch for a mother who lived in a swamp and lured people to their death using him as a decoy
>>
File: swordsmanrogue.jpg (43KB, 564x824px) Image search: [Google]
swordsmanrogue.jpg
43KB, 564x824px
My character's mother and father were mill workers on a gigantic farm in the northeast owned by nobles. They were very poorly compensated for their work throughout his childhood which left their home incredibly destitute.

This probably wouldn't have turned my character into a sellsword with a billion get-rich-quick schemes a day if they hadn't lived so close to the manor that the nobles lived in. So he lived in squalor with never enough to eat while just within view was the lap of luxury. Jealousy and spite ran deep in him so now he does whatever it takes to make coin, no matter how underhanded.

But he does it with a smile and flourish, at least.
>>
File: 1477971738010.jpg (19KB, 239x132px) Image search: [Google]
1477971738010.jpg
19KB, 239x132px
>>50128271
>Dad is a single farmer on the edge of an elvish forest, former militiaman who settled with the money he got
>Helps the elves fight off goblins and orcs occasionally, lets them use his farm to stage defenses, gives them extra food
>Mom is an elvish wizard helping to fight goblins and orcs
>Mom and Dad hang out a lot
>Fuck a couple of times
>9 months after one, mom shows up at farmhouse with basket
>"Gotta kill orcs and this kid is too heavy to carry around"
>Leaves half-elf with farmer
>25 years later, farmer kicks half-elf out because he's tired of him squatting in his goddamn house, wants him to go make something of himself

Father's still alive and farming, Mom's still alive out somewhere fighting orcs and goblins, because fuck orcs and goblins.

I don't THINK my GM will kill them off, but this is the first time he's ran DnD with us
>>
>>50132749
oh they're both still alive, too.
>>
>>50132929
>Thief with anger towards nobility
>Living parents

Not for long
>>
>>50132977
Perhaps this post is exactly why no one else ever has parents in tabletop.
>>
A pair of fine dwarf metalworkers that pride themselves on their craft, expertly fashioning the tools of their home village. Parents to five strong sons, their eldest was looked down on by the community for lacking the ability to pound out nails and pans like the rest, as he had always enjoyed carving more. Then one day, the eldest walked into the village plaza during a village summit with a meager-looking flute in his hand. He put the reed to his mouth, and from it came a tune that rendered the whole town silent before its majesty. His parents came forth, tears in their eyes, and embraced him, beaming with pride that their son had finally found his craft.
>>
>>50133078
Sorry, sorry.

I'm a GM. The temptation is always there.
>>
>>50128271
My character is fungus living in suit of armor that had belonged to someone important once.
>>
Fathered died of coal lung when my character was young. Mother sent my character to be trained as part of the church. I became an ordained Blade of Hajar. Mum lives quietly now and owns a bakery. I send money back to make sure mum is comfortable. I hired some servants/employees and hand out advertisements while on adventures. I also hired some bodyguards in case any of my enemies try and rough her up.

Granny Grizzly's Bakery is a wonder to behold.
>>
>>50130163
Underrated post
>>
They live in Lancashire
>>
>>50128271
MY FATHER IS LORD ABBADON THE GREATER DEMON PRINCE OF WAR AND WOE

I called him Papa Abbey, he used too take me to the park and get me ice cream on Sundays

MY MOTHER WAS ALICE THE GREAT VAMPIRESS OF THE DRACWALD FOREST, THE SLAYER OF MEN AND BEASTS ALIKE

She used to scratch my back before bedtime and read me bedtime stories about silly hobbit adventures.

I still visit them on weekends, they make me mash potatoes
>>
File: Snow Flake.png (194KB, 2480x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Snow Flake.png
194KB, 2480x2480px
>>50134172
>>
>>50134172
Do they make you do the Twist?
>>
>>50134172
>>50134318
No lie, I don't mind the idea of the most evil motherfuckers on the planet actually being good parents. It's cute.
>>
>>50134407
No they made me do the alligator and the the Watusi
>>
>>50128271
They were monks who dedicated themselves towards the fine arts of hitting shit.
They were devastated to find out that I wanted to be a cleric and hit shit with a mace.
>>
>>50128271
Her mother was a humble farm girl whose notable achievements include winning her local bake-off with a devils food & raspberry bundt cake, and surviving one of the biggest storms that had ever hit her land. Her father was a local politician and treasurer for the city, but he used to be the local gang's ringleader in his youth. After said storm he cleaned up his act, met my character's mom and lived happily ever after.
>>
>>50134783
>Devil's Food and Raspberry Bundt

fuck you, anon, that sounds delicious
>>
File: goblinalchemist.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
goblinalchemist.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>50128271
they sold him to slavers the bastards. fuck 'em
luckily he was bought by a potion merchant. taught him everything he needs to know about brews and bucks
>>
>>50135050
But will he give me his strongest potions?
>>
>>50135375
his potions are too strong for you traveler
>>
>>50128271
i am my own father
>>
>>50128271
They are merchants. That's about it.
>>
>>50128271
A dead prostitute he only has vague memories of, and some random John he never met.

His adoptive mother is an older than she looks 40 something stern sensitive cynic P.I. with a spice habit she's always on the verge of kicking. She caught my PC trying to steal credits from a client when he aged out of an orphanage. Then hired him as an informant (gave him credits and food for rumors), and eventually took him on as an apprentice when it became clear that he wouldn't make it out of the slums in anything other than a body bag or jail cell.
She recently fired him, closed her office, told him to leave town to start up his own office in another city far far away, and then disappeared without a trace.
He didn't leave town, restarted her office, and wants to track down the closest thing to family he has.
>>
I always make sure to have at least one living parent that my character is on at least sort of good terms with. Usually they both live, and there's no bad blood within the family. My characters often write home, and will visit them if possible.
Surprisingly, this has very rarely led to DMs killing them off.
>>
>>50128656
your rogue's dad is frank gallagher?
>>
>>50128271
The character belongs to a long extinct species, he was engineered from whatever bits of dna the god computer could find to create him so he technically doesn't have parents unless you consider who created him.
He's unaware of his origins though, but the god computer watches over him.
>>
>>50128271
They're bearing their children.
>>
>>50136493
You ever seen My Fair Lady?
>>
>>50128271
they sold their souls to the devil and sold my soul because my mother was pregnant when they made the deal and she didn't know she was
>>
>>50128271
Mother and father are alive but on a different plane of existence than the one I'm on
They're living out the rest of their lives in a semi peaceful region wondering what the fuck I'm doing since I haven't seen them in like 10 years when I first went to paladin school
>>
>>50128271
Probably eaten by dragons by this point.
>>
>>50128271
His mother was a barmaid in a small town, his father was an adventurer who never came back after that one summer night.
>>
>>50128271
You'd have to ask my GM. My character doesn't know his parents: he was left as a baby on the steps of a monestary and raised there as a monk.

It is likely he was the illegitimate child of a local prostitute and one of her clients.
>>
>>50128271
Simple farmers living in a small, secluded village on a mountain. Their lives have been uneventful, save for a recent freak storm that destroyed many buildings within the town and caused my character to start his adventure, looking for ways to earn money to be used to hire carpenters to undo the damage. He ended up forgetting about it and hasn't sent a penny despite having thousands in gold to his name.
>>
A wealthy but stingish and jew-y father. Mother was a noble (of the country that formerly occupied father's country) but the fourth of fifth child so not particularly important; she got married off after her country got booted out. The result was that on paper the income from her family's former lands went to her husband, while in practice most of the money still went to her family.

As a result the mother was pretty much an outcast, being from the former occupiers, but she grinned and bore it (as well as a single child) as a lady should.

Both still alive. Dad's probably wondering why his ungrateful son ran off, mom's probably still smiling and waving as she was taught.
>>
File: 1472012202755.jpg (59KB, 326x475px) Image search: [Google]
1472012202755.jpg
59KB, 326x475px
>>50128271
No, because somehow the GM is gonna hear about it and pull some horseshit about how they die/are taken hostage/used to power the BBEG's genocide machine/universe annihilator/toaster oven.
>>
Never knew 'em personally, but presumably they left soon after I was spawned and got eaten by a bird or something.
>>
>>50128271
They are famous and powerful adventures that have become immortal and unkillable due to encountering much weirdness during their adventures. Unfortunately that unkillable immortality did not get passed on to him.
>>
>>50128271
They are both alive and well, making a living as artisans, and have many children besides my character.

What's with all the dead parents or abandonments here, why must every character have a le edge backstory?
>>
>>50140038
see
>>50139062
>>
>>50128271
>Dad
Short and round with a huge mustache, he's a cunning opportunist who runs, and owns, the only international bank in the setting. Likes bad jokes and grooming his stache.

>Mom
A tall and wiry former slave who won her freedom as a gladiator, she's world famous because she never lost. Enjoys fancy and elegant events and clothing.
>>
A Mechanic and a Minor Politician on the other side of the country. He doesn't contact them, due of a combination of arguments when he moving and not really wanting to involve them in Magic issues.
>>
File: my character.jpg (284KB, 1000x1399px) Image search: [Google]
my character.jpg
284KB, 1000x1399px
>>50128271
my pc's mother was a slave taken from the surface by a drow raiding party. she was raped, impregnated, then sacrificed shortly after birthing a daughter. the daughter was kept alive to serve as a double agent on the surface but escaped to the surface when a group of elves laid seige to the drow city she was living in.
As for the father, he was a low ranking drow soldier. after a 100 year time jump (campaign soft reset) my pc found her father and attempted to kill him for raping her mom
>>
>>50140346
I've been keeping tabs on the all the instances of rape, slavery and revenge in this thread. Thanks for plumping up the numbers
>>
Mom was a werewolf
Dad was a barbarian

snu snu
>>
>>50128271
A wealthy elf nobleman who fell in love with a human woman and had two children. My character got butthurt about the fact that he wouldn't ever inherit anything due to his father outliving him by centuries. So my character decided to run away from home as a young boy and since he was a young boy wasn't able to survive well until a Paladin took him into his order to train.

His parents assume he either ended up slave or is dead and don't hold any ill will towards him for leaving. His father feels guilty and blames himself for his son leaving. Overall they are good people whose son is just a bratty teenager.
>>
>>50140687
For what purpose?
>>
>>50140687
yeah not really original on my part. but it was the only way i could play a half drow in my group. but then again we crack the joke that ALL drow are rape babies
>>
>>50128271
Honestly they're usually just simple dirt farmers that live such inexplicably mundane lives they aren't even worth bringing up during the average adventure
>>
Meh. Nothing really special about any of them
Dark Heresy Techpriest- Parents were probably just hab workers.
Pathfinder- Dad was a pirate and mom managed a shrine to her goddess. Both were badass in their own ways, but not anything out of the ordinary.
5e- Parents were the most stereotypically normal parents possible, still need to decide on the specifics.
>>
Father is a fabulous vampire bard, chasing the feeling of being alive and never quite catching it. Mother is alive in an asylum where she's lived since her baby began to bite.
>>
File: WmFs026.jpg (53KB, 600x751px) Image search: [Google]
WmFs026.jpg
53KB, 600x751px
She was abandoned in the forest and as a matter of fact, was raised by wolves. Fast forward two decades later they probably died if they were still in the region, after she helped a bugbear horde overrun the area.
>>
>>50128271
Mom was a whore. I mean that figuratively, she never got paid, as far as I know. She mooched off of various boyfriends until one of them beat her to death when he realized I wasn't his.

Dad, I'm not sure. The priests never bothered asking who might be my father, and the man who killed mom was hanged. It probably wasn't him. He was human.

I do know dad was an elf. Got the ears. Must've been a big fucker too. I'm as tall as the men, and I can bend crush walnuts with my hands. I like walnuts. If I ever find an elf who can crush walnuts with his hands, I'll ask him if he ever fucked my mom.

Sometimes I have trouble thinking. My head hurts, and I get angry. Priests told me that's because I'm a woman. I don't think that's true. Doesn't sound like something God would do. Maybe dad got angry also. I wonder if he kills people too. Maybe I'll ask him when I find him.

Could be a drinker. I drink a lot. Had to start running to keep the weight off. Stopped being a problem when I joined the army. The weight I mean, drinking still gets me into all sorts of, hey, are those walnuts?
>>
Dad asked his brother to help him with a headache. So, he took a a mighty axe and split open his head. From the released energy my character was born.
>>
File: 1449794507074.jpg (53KB, 660x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449794507074.jpg
53KB, 660x400px
>>50134172

Damn it, that's more adorable than it has any right being.
>>
>>50141440
I'm like 90% certain that's the creation myth of some Asian country.
>>
>>50128271

He never met his biological parents, as they dropped him off at a small-town church when he was still an egg with no note (He assumes that they were fighting in a war. He's also a Dragonborn). After hatching, he was raised with his main father figure being the local priest and the mother a nun.
>>
My characters mother died before she was born. Her dad is a King so he was busy a lot but he's cool. He's a cleric and has a heavy hand with athority and such. But he's reasonable and knows when he won't win an argument.
>>
>>50141595

That's the birth of Athenea.
>>
>>50128271

If anyone in this thread has made their parents anything other than working to middle class townsfolk typical of their chosen race (or races) then you have created a mary sue and must be purged.
>>
File: file.png (3KB, 299x36px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3KB, 299x36px
>>50141821
>>
>>50141821

>middle class.
>>
>>50141845

>implying only fantasy rpgs are allowed
>>
File: file.png (10KB, 333x57px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
10KB, 333x57px
>>50141845
>>
>>50128271

Narb was a shit.
Dicked around theiving caravans and fuck lords for 20 years then went soft for a girl and started sewing.
Aeryath was a saint. Pride of the plainsfolk, rose of the hills.

talk shit get fucking stabbed in the neck.
>>
>>50128271
Her father is a semi-retired blacksmith that saved up earnings from his work to put her through school once she displayed
an innate understanding of divine magic's.

Her mother was a soldier and retired adventurer who died of natural causes at the fairly old age of 68. She picked up the adventuring life after a band of goblins threatened to kill her and the people in her village, using her mother's old sword to do the killing. Now she travels with a few other adventurers, looking to quell this sudden growth of violence from the goblins.

(Human Paladin in 5e, probably going to go Oath of Vengeance once level 3 happens).
>>
>>50128656
Your rogue is Eliza Doolittle?
>>
>>50128271
Depends:
Do you mean his Biological parents? Or the once who raised him??
First were normal elves. mother was an acceptable yound artist artist, father a fine craftsman. And on a journey they are killed and he ran the child he was. Found by a couple of forest elf rangers who raised him to be the man he is today and left him when he knew everything he needed to know. Maybe a bit young for an elv but who gives a fuck.
>>
My character's parents were unmarried, so he was sent away to be raised in a nearby monastery. They've married since (not to each other), and he's met both of them a few times over the years. He thinks they're pretty okay people, but isn't that close to them.
>>
File: IMG_0860.png (686KB, 800x1399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0860.png
686KB, 800x1399px
>>50130470
In case you need it
>>
>>50128334
Literally Guts.
>>
Mother was raped by a barbarian in a raid on a small village to which he was born as a result of. She eventually married one of the local townsman while pregnant and for 20 years or so they were a happy family
>>
>>50128271
The wonderfully infamous neuromancer/mad scientist couple fled out of the city due to being on the wrong side of a large gang war (notably the one that self-destructed brilliantly and took a dozen city blocks with it), leaving their rather heavily genetically-enhanced daughter in the hands of the very people that sent them on the run. Nobody really knows where the hell they are nowadays and the girl isn't exactly expecting or looking forward to their return.
>>
His father was the emperor of the largest human nation. His mother was one of his favorite wives. She died soon after he was born.

My paladin was the second son of the Dragon Emperor. His eldest brother was cruel and wicked man. His youngest was youthful and naive. He was a bon vivant.

One night, his eldest brother killed his father, so Deon slew him. Deon fled, knowing how it would look. He left a fiance behind. His youngest brother took the throne. Deon took the oaths of the golden circle. They gave his life purpose.

That was a life time ago. Deon is now closer to fifty than forty. He avoids the top brass and the capitol, turning down multiple promotions, claiming he finds political maneuvering distasteful, but also because he wants to stay away from any who might recognize him, including his brother, who proved himself a wise and benevolent ruler.
>>
File: 1470894662045.jpg (8KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
1470894662045.jpg
8KB, 350x260px
His father is an incredibly wealthy self made merchant who respects self made people above all else, which is why he has written in his will that his entire fortune will be inherited by the child who managed to independently amass the largest fortune of their own.

His mom is a trophy wife from a fancy family.
>>
Star Crossed lovers.He was a small village farmer, she was an elven adventurer and magical scholar. He was born without ever knowing his father until his mother had to leave on a dangerous adventure. He was left with his father for the first time, and his mother would never return. His father would die of pneumonia
and he would take a job as a boarder guard in the mountine pass.
>>
>>50128271

She's an elven mage, with several self-made spells.
He's a "dwarf" berserker with a collection of rare, hypermagical swords, suffering from "gigantism". Actually just a dwarf-raised human.
They're ex-adventurers from a hypothetical god-level campaign which resulted in the two of them double teaming the resident god of death.

Nowadays, though, they're living relatively simple lives as an enchanting/alchemy instructor at the local School of Magic and grand champion/trainer at the local colosseum, respectively. They are also extremely overprotective, and tend to nip potential threats in the bud, much to my character's annoyance. Fortunately, they're on the other continent, away from her vicinity. Even though they're trying hard to reach her...
>>
>>50128271
Both of his parents were spies from rival tribes. His mother and father met when she was tasked with torturing him for information. He offered her a plan to unite the tribes, and impressed her by withstanding basically everything she could throw at him.
They eventually became contacts, then lovers. Their first child was placed in a position of power by passing the kid off as the lovechild of a warlord (the warlord knew better, but adopted the kid because he had no heirs). The second one was raised by his father after the mother assassinated the warlord and her lover was forced to kill her.
The father was killed off later on.
Character's adoptive mother is still alive, though, and she's a cheerful ray of sunlight to contrast his attempts at being edgy and brooding. The party only met her once.
>>
File: Wolverine_Vol_3_13.jpg (57KB, 523x792px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine_Vol_3_13.jpg
57KB, 523x792px
Son of a scout/interpreter for a major polical power's military and a local demihuman shamaness. Pop went natve and came to live with the tribe after tensions started to rise between the natives and the Imperial forces. He got crippled defending the village, and turned to drinking after that. Was generally a shitty but loving father and husband.
Ma tried teaching my guy the tribes spiritual traditions, but was disappointed when he grew up to prefer fighting or drinking away his problems just like his old man.
>>
>>50128271
Parents got bullied into abandoning their new born child in the woods due to superstitions. Druid character was born during a flood that fucked over the village and the flood went around the midwifes house so people thought the child was cursed. An elderly druid saw the parents abandon the kid and ended up raising her as a druid. The mother changed her mind and went back for her baby, but the druid had snatched her up already so she sudoku'd a while after. Father fucked off in grief.

Druid who raised her wasn't a warm fatherly type, and was also the cause of the flood in an attempt to cull the village that was encroaching on the forest too much. Character learns about all that after Druid Surrogate Father dies eventually and about her real parents so has a broken understanding of family. She pretty much just wanted people she could rely on that cared and were honest with her. Party I played with turned out to be kind of shitty and treated the character badly overall. They tried to indirectly but sort of directly get her killed once. She saved their lives quite a few times but were ungrateful. Ended up quitting that group, way too depressing. Character just wanted a sense of family.

Another character has a Swamp Witch type mother and a Druid father who don't agree on much of anything but both look after the forest in their own way. Somewhat of a split custody sort of situation but a more stable upbringing so the character has a more normalized personality.
>>
>>50128271
drunks who abandoned he and his many siblings to a grandparent so they could fuck off and stay drunk forever.

recently ran into them in a bar. theyve stopped aging in some demon pact thing, and woke up with them having dumped a baby marked for the devil in my fucking inn room.
>>
>>50128271
Mommy was a succubus and daddy was a very spiteful dark slayer who exploded in her pants.
>>
Dad is a roofer. Mom is a retired adventurer. They're still together.
The wizard has a great relationship with them and writes home once a week.
>>
>>50128271
The Moon Goddess.

His entire race had mommy issues, then ruled the world, then went mad with power, and then they eventually tried to kill her but thankfully failed. They did kill her sister, though, which made the cosmology go all fucky and ended with them being banished to the void for aeons.

One of the party goals is to find out where Mom went and maybe apologise for the whole 'KILL THE GODS AND TOPPLE THEIR THRONES' thing. It was just a phase and we are totally over it now.
>>
>>50128271
my parents are mega disappointed in me for becoming a cleric but spreading the good word is way more important than staying back in the mountain and mining for the rest of my life
>>
>>50128271
Two Elven Werewolves that settled at an estate belonging to a Noble women.
Father served as a hunter and guard, mother was a tailor whose work was greatly admired by the noble family.
>>
>>50128507
how so?
>>
My character's mother is a member of a faction that smuggles and deals in magical artifacts in an area that has banned the arcane arts. She wields a potentially cursed spear inherited from her deceased father who was also a member of this faction. Her mother was a sorceress killed by the same faction of knights that killed her husband and hunt down arcane casters and items.

My character's father is deceased, but was a decent, kind hearted minor noble. He was killed in an unfortunate mugging gone wrong. She has inherited his title, land and wealth, pitiful though it may be. His father was a gambling addict who lost most of their money and died in debtors prison. His mother was a tailor who died of an illness when he was a teenager.

WIP. Thoughts?
>>
>>50141845
>>50141860
>>50141870
You do know that the middle class was a thing in the middle ages right?
>>
>>50151738
Because players are a lot more cautious about including family/loved ones/friends in backstories because some DMs like using them for shock value and as easy ways to 'punish' the characters.

You can tell by how much impact named NPCs have on the character backstory if their last DM was a murderbot or not.
>>
Mom was a singer, dad was a fisherman. And so was born the Bard who wields a lute, a net, and a harpoon.
>>
>>50128334
I needed that chuckle
>>
Dad abandoned us because I didn't end being the chosen one like his church told him. Mom died of sickness when I was young
>>
>>50128271
Two sets. Her birth dad was a smug, roguish fucko with a handsome face and no morals. Her birth mom was an old hag crone with a taste in young men and a talent for fire magic. Daddy who've been murdered after conception if he wasn't also a coward with fast legs.

After she was born, she was then set on the doorstep of a young couple: a calm and affectionate woodsman who feeds his family with hunting/trapping game and his commoner turned amateur alchemist wife who sells potions to help with income.

After a bandit attack when she was young, she was separated from her adopted parents. Lost in the wilderness, a pack of wolves and a wandering druid helped raise her from 8 onward.
>>
>>50155182
shit, i guess thats three sets
>>
Mother was a high-class orcish courtesan and his father died by snu-snu
>>
He only has one parent, an elder deepspawn that creates people to populate its very own Perfectly Ordinary Village.
>>
>>50128271

They were grown from a synthetic egg and sperm in a glass tube with training and a copied mush mash of previous unit's experiences uploaded into their brain.
>>
>>50128271
My character's father is the sultan of his kingdom, and his mother is a priestess of the sun god worshipped there.

D&D 5e, Noble background, sixth child so no real chance of leading the home kingdom, and had no desire to sit on his ass all day. So he travels the lands attempting to find some way to honor his ancient family's name, while maintaining secrecy of who he is until then.
>>
>>50134172
>>50134318
>>50134407
>>50134483
>>50141573
My magical realm is subverting people's exceptions with edgy backstories
>>
>>50128271
My character's parents are the rulers of a society of island bound naval raiders (vikings) who had just beaten there neighbors into subjugation after a decades long civil war. Their lands are in a state of slow decay, with bandit raids from disillusioned citizens and incursions from their beaten neighbors becoming more and more common. As well as dark things starting to creep in from the wilds, at first livestock and hermits start to disappear, but eventually entire families vanish, and now an entire settlement has become a ghost town. The reason for this is that in order for my character's folks to get the upper hand in their war they made a deal with some dark forces (thinking lich or vampire but those seem pretty generic). This all fuels my character's desire to go out adventuring, he's trying to recruit a band of people able to help him save his land and family, but im trying to find a good way to break this to the rest of the group in a dramatic way, we're all keeping our backstories a secret and working on cool ways to reveal them and turn them into a quest. I'm toying with having one parent trying to fight off the dark influence on him or her, while the other totally embraces it, complete with a set of siblings and relatives to be used as mini-bosses or accomplices.
>>
>>50128271

Well, that depends how you define 'parents'; my species undergoes lamarkian evolution during our lifetimes and reproduces via fission. The being that was my parent is now me, and three siblings.

If you take a somehwat looser definition of parent as the ones responsible for your creation and many of your traits, then my parents were a low level adventuring party that drowned in a large pit trap my biological predecessor was resting in, and provided the biomass and stimulus for the subsequent fission. I don't remember much about them, but my impression is "squirmy" and "vaguely salty".
>>
They both had an unspecified condition that they passed down on their daughter unwittingly. All of the were weak af until they saved up enough money, moved to the capital and paid a wizard to make them a potion that would stop the effect. They are currently middle-class merchants who specialize in plants and shit. Probably somewhat disappointed that their daughter became a female Chad who loves Orc culture, but they support her anyway.
>>
If my GM was so lacking in imagination that they'd put my character's parents in risk for some cheap drama I'd kick him in the back of the face.

Create some actual tension, you waste of skin.
>>
>>50128271
Average, run of the mill Dwarves. My PC writes home occasionally with details of his and his brother's adventures, as well as sending home packages of trinkets and cash to help them out.
>>
>>50128271

Seems like the only way to avoid having your parents die is by making them important enough characters that it would require the GM to write a large amount of plot in the result of their deaths, hence all these people with noble backgrounds.
>>
>>50157667
I dunno about that. I've been lucky though, I haven't had a DM be so shitty and boring.

The one I've got now made my character's dad a major recurring NPC, actually, and that's super fun.
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.