[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dming for large groups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

How do you guys dm for large groups(8+) without it taking forever?The only solution we've tried so far is splitting up and while that seems to work well , one of the groups are left twiddling their thumbs while we rotate groups We though about having two dms storyboard together and then have both partys meet up at the end.
>>
>>50126690
If you insist on having 8+, play in person, disallow all electronic devices at the table, anyone who hesitates is skipped in combat, and don't play d&d.
Otherwise, split the group into 2 separate parties with 1 DM each.
>>
>>50126690
a fair bit of railroading, handwaving, ignoring people, and moving along if over ~half the groups aware
2 DM's wouldnt be a bad idea if they're consistent.
>>
File: Dungeon Master's Guide.jpg (50KB, 465x465px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon Master's Guide.jpg
50KB, 465x465px
>>50126690
That's like asking, "how do I swallow an entire potato?"

Why don't you just stop being an idiot and NOT do that?
>>
>>50126690
The best soluion I found and use is to delegate.
I often play Godlike with a large groupe (8-12 player) and the military context make it really easier to establish a clear hierarchy amongst the PC. If the more manageable of them is clearly the leader, with the capacity of giving orders, and if he/she have a second-in-command, you're all set as long as communication between you and those two is okay.
>>
>>50126690
Biggest group I ever did was ten man game, where if your character died you were out of the game until the roster got back to you (had 25+ people on the list, just went round and round). It was rules light and everyone knew their capabilities. Ran it fast and hard where indecision got you skipped. Good fun
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.