[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Design a Race! : Fabricfolk edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1222326341802.jpg (42KB, 441x652px) Image search: [Google]
1222326341802.jpg
42KB, 441x652px
How would you go about this with a clothman? What abilities/spells/??? would he be able to use?

Do Fabricfolk take Charisma/Stength/Wisdom penalties?

What checks do they need to pass?
>>
>>50125486
I bet they prefer the gender neutral term Fabrikin
>>
>>50125486
Charisma
>Depends on the type of fabric/if the fabrics that comprise them match
>Example: super expensive cashmere man is like +8 charisma. Moderately cozy 100% wool man is about +4. And some guy made of various patches of felt would be +1 charisma.

Strength
>+1 racial bonus
>not much

Constitution/dexterity would also depend on the type of fabric probably.

Intelligence/wisdom
>I'm not sure if you're going for a race with a deep lore or just people made of cloth, so I'm not sure.
>assuming the former it would be +3
>assuming the latter it would be +0

I've never really designed a race so I would like feedback on this to see if it makes sense
>>
>>50125486
Well first off, what system? Even DnD/PF varies a lot in racial abilities based on edition.
>>
>>50125486
Spells/abilities
>they could maybe construct other clothmen?
>maybe something involving sewing? Could work as an effective healing spell for them and could be used to mend/modify some armor (namely leather or cloth).
>probably a grapple modifier because they could wrap around things
>maybe they could be worn by people somehow?

They could probably have some minor natural weapons, maybe a scarf or long fabric that could grapple enemies from a distance?
>>
>>50125909
probs 4th edition DnD.
If only because I like staying up to date.
>>
>>50125920
I'm imagining a long silk scarf with the end threads suddenly fraying, shooting outwards, and strangling mooks to death

This is too fucking metal to be cloth....unless....metalweave clothkin?
>>
>>50125486

>abilities

Can unweave/unspin self in order to become a flexible, shapeless mass of textile fibers that can thread itself through tiny openings or wrap around foes. Can also do parts at a time, like unweaving a finger to pick a lock.

Some have the ability to reweave thenselves into other fabric-based objects, like quilts or sweaters; mainly used as a sort of performance art or parlor trick, since it takes decades of practice and doesn't enhance their abilities in any other way than making them look different, but a rare few have managed to master the technique enough to be able to reweave themselves at a moments notice as an emergency disguise.
>>
File: IMG_6648.png (55KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6648.png
55KB, 1024x732px
That's such a cute design
>I drew this horrible monstrosity with my bad art skills and little effort
>>
>>50125946
5th would be more up to date, but 4th does allow some racial powers...

Either way I'm not familiar enough with those editions to help, but wish you luck.
>>
>>50125991
I'm sorry, I'll draw something better later probably.
>>
File: IMG_6649.png (170KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6649.png
170KB, 1024x1024px
>>50126003
Here is a clothman noble/maybe a cleric
>embroidery/more fabric grants them higher social status
>brighter colors probably do too

I don't know why but I really like them with button eyes.
>>
I wish to play this race as a sort of Golem.

>tfw entire race could be the product of a single father mage wishing to give his daughter/son a friend.
>after numerous failures, finally they create a being kind enough and as good of a role model as they could need
>mage comes out of his delusions
>no child
>no spouse
>loneliness has taken root deep enough to make them crave children so much, they've made presents just for the scenario

At the mage's passing, these beings escaped, to venture off into lands unknown to them, to seek out younglings who needed friends.

And so it was, that the Clothkin did find orphans, the castaway children, and guided them to a future where they would not be as alone as their creator
>>
>>50125984
>be wandering bandit
>see some wench walking around the highroads all alone
>coinpurse and a really nice woven scarf around her pretty neck
>initiate mugging
>wench laughs and her scar-OH SWEET GODS ITS NOT A SCARF
>garrot wire threads. Everywhere.

Too overpowered, please nerf silk.

>>50126609
This. I can totally see it!
>>
>>50125486
reminded me of this story
http://www.thin-ghost.org/items/show/150
>>
>>50126684
cute!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.