[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That Guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Old thread reached bump limit, so ill start it up

>be me
>Plays 5e with friends
>that guy is dragonborn paladin
>typical
>repetitively requests to roll for detect evil
>in all situations
>believes Detect evil is a cantrip
>later decides to annoy us in new ways
>believes annoying is funny
>decides to roll to examine every environment
>he checks all walls for treasure
>declared a stone mason for reason of over interest in walls
>becomes inside joke
>never lets go of being stone mason
>>
>>50124165
Thats just retarded. The minotaur thing.

The other thing is a pretty legit instance of player behavior.
>>
>don't know of a that guy

A-am I him?
>>
>>50124976
/tg/ teaches you that such nonsense is common when it is not.

One of the key elements of a That Guy is that he doesn't care if he is That Guy.
Be excellent to each other and you should be fine.
Party on..
>>
>>50124976
if you have enough insight to ask if you are that guy, probably not. just be cool and dont backstab party members unless you are working with the GM, the player, or both.

If people tell you "stop that, its fucking irritating" then stop it. Its fucking irritating. if you dont understand why this is reason enough you are that guy.
>>
>>50124165
had one new guy spend 6 months doing nothing but undermining my character in a 2 year long campaign.

He was possessed by psionics, instead of spirits and according to my DM I had absolutely no way to detect the possession despite being a dread necromancer of exceptional power and lineage. I still dont understand how or why the DM let this fly.

It mirrored my own downward spiral into depression quite closely, and at the culmination of the campaign it was exposed that every ally I thought I had or had painstakingly worked delicate political alliances with turned on me. Because he... Spoke to them? Its not entirely clear WHAT he did to turn them. I was treading a very fine line between heresy and ruin but we the party made it work, barely.

Came down to fucking squat. Didnt matter at all. He would be buddy buddy in and out of game. Irritatingly so. Apparently via email and private meeting with the DM he Machiavelli'd my demise. He also attempted to turn people outside of game against my character with gifts of food and beer. The whole group were bro's and saw this bullshit. After that the group split, so disgusted with the DM were they.

Unfortuneately I couldnt comprehend a player working solely to undermine the experience for the whole group and in my fugue depressive state I couldnt see through the bullshit until it was literally zero hour and the DM had been telling me to kill his ass for 2 sessions. The only time I perked up was in character when I gave an impassioned speech or tried to sway the gathered nobility to my side.

What a waste.

Rick if you're reading this, I know nothing I can wish on you can be worse than being who you are but I hope you die choking yourself to death with your fathers tie as you masturbate with your own turd as lube to be found by your grandmother.
>>
>>50125500
I'm sorry that happened to you, anon.

I experienced something similiar recently, but I was only with the group for a few months before I quit. Miserable experience, I can't imagine having it ongoing for so long.
>>
>>50125500
Op here, god help you, thats something that would push me to not even want to play, was that your main group?
>>
>>50124976
no it just means you are lucky
>>
File: averagemurderhobo.jpg (55KB, 247x159px) Image search: [Google]
averagemurderhobo.jpg
55KB, 247x159px
>>50125500
This is why you play pic related.

What is he going to do, stop you from killing your enemies? Well, too bad, they're fucking DEAD
>>
>>50128308
there are no wrong answers however that ones pretty far from right
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.