[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy LGBT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 309
Thread images: 41

File: image.jpg (317KB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
317KB, 1728x1152px
Is there any way for a fantasy setting to feature LGBT characters without it descending into a /pol/ vs The SJW Boogyman shitshow?
>>
>>50123484
Yeah, just don't be overbearing with it
>>
File: 1454716506308.jpg (151KB, 769x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1454716506308.jpg
151KB, 769x1039px
>>50123484
Yes, But you will be killed by the lich you forgot about.
>>
>>50123484
>Make a character
>Create a good backgroud for them
>Say they're gay
*Poof*
>>
File: IMG_1866.jpg (49KB, 203x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1866.jpg
49KB, 203x450px
>>50123484
No there isn't, because bringing up something as minor, trivial, and unimportant as sexuality in a game about creating magical worlds and stories is literally the gayest, most stupid magical realm-y thing imaginable.
>>
File: Homo_at_Work.jpg (165KB, 869x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Homo_at_Work.jpg
165KB, 869x1250px
>>50123484
>>
>>50123484
Yes, don't bring it up on /tg/. Normal human beings tend not to give that much of a shit about this kind of stuff, but baiting 4chan with it will certainly produce /pol/ vs. t
>>
File: THIS.jpg (114KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
THIS.jpg
114KB, 3000x3000px
>>50123528
/thread
>>
>>50123484
Well, my dickgirl character was enslaved by her female companions, who treat her as nothing more than a pogo stick to get them off. Wait... what were we talking about again?
>>
File: IMG_2865.jpg (80KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2865.jpg
80KB, 500x362px
>my mfw when i read this thread
>>
>>50123528
Exactly. A person's sexuality is just one facet of their character.
>>
File: Priorities.png (185KB, 1139x291px) Image search: [Google]
Priorities.png
185KB, 1139x291px
>>50123526
>>
>>50123484
For T (which is less addressed by the rest of the thread), simply make an offhand mention of there being a well known if slightly expensive potion for that. Because magic can do that a lot more easily than modern methods. Maybe include a few issues with administering it quickly so the party doesn't decide that this is now their favorite method of disguise.
>>
>>50123484
Yes. Don't force it and do it in a way that makes sense within universe. I played a gay character who was from a noble family and frequented certain establishments where it was an open secret that you enjoyed your lover's company but done in a discreet way. He also had to have a wife, but it was clear there was little love there. Just duty. Ended up being one of the best characters I ever played and some great storylines actually came out of it.. But it was never the core of my character.
>>
>>50123484
Don't invite the faction you don't like I assume that's /pol/ to your game.

If you mean on the internet?
Than no. The internet, /tg/ in particular, will make anything a shitshow.
>>
>>50123484
Please die horribly.
>>
>>50123484
Gay characters yes, gay marriage no.
Even the most tolerant culture in your setting must want grandchildren.
>>
>>50123743
What about races with high birth rates, many are born gay and have no interest in the opposite sex
>>
>>50123528
>>50123541

In a fantasy world where such things are not taboo, it's not a big issue. Although it can certainly influence their romances, should they have them, and that can help shape a character.

In one where it is a big issue, it can be a defining character trait. Same way as playing a discriminated or lionized species or social class can be an influential character trait.

And in a setting where there are bigger issues at stake: >>50123648

Generally it's >>50123634; just a single facet of a whole personality that can lend itself to the character if written well and used appropriately, just like any other facet of a person's whole being.

>>50123685

Also true, the biological binary of Male and Female will always be a component, no one's going to argue that there's an in between of ponos and vagoogoo in a chromosomal sense (at least when it all works as intended), although sexuality is second to that. For those that need to produce an heir, it can be a problem, but not one so binding that it can't be solved by just closing your eyes and thinking of England.

>>50123684

Also true. If this is a fantasy setting (probably high magic), and if we're having these problems solved pretty easily, why would there be any trans people save for very short periods? Technically, trans people don't want to be trans, they just want to be people. Anything that speeds along the conversion from one to the next would be welcomed.

>>50123743

People can have children without getting married anyway.

Wait, are you one of those disgusting deviants who only has straight consensual sex in the missionary for the sole purpose of recreation within the confines of wedlock are you?
>>
>>50123484
Yea, it's not difficult at all. Several of my NPCs are gay or bi or transsexual]. Some are pretty obvious about it, others only came up after the players went snooping into their personal lives, others its never come up.

LGBT characteristics are just characteristics like any others.
>>
>>50123634
You wouldn't know this by the big fucking deal some people seem to make out of it. It just reminds me of people who are obsessed with other things and define their identity entirely by that thing. If you take it away, you end up with a supremely boring individual who has no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>50123634

This is a hard fact that LGBTs continually fail to understand. For them, their sexuality = their entire self-identity. They just don't get it.
>>
Oh great. Here come all the DMs who play exclusively from the Magical Realms Box Set.
>>
>>50123828
And what are they without their sexuality and their gender identity? What are their hobbies? What are their hopes and dreams? Wants and needs? Strip that away, and I bet all that would be left is a horrid, wretched little nothingling.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 400x237px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 400x237px
>>50123484
Help me out lads. On the one had I'm an intolerant biggot and hate all homosexuals on principal. In the other hand I want my setting to include lesbians. How do I balance this?
>>
>be me
>create gay character for my D&LGBT campaign
>race: gay
>class: homosexual
>alignment: neutral gender
>strength: gay
>dexterity: gay
>constitution: gay
>intelligence: gay
>wisdom: gay
>charisma: gay
>use mainly gay spells/a gay sword
>my character's backstory is that he is a homosexual and also likes men
>That DM tells me my character sheet doesn't make sense
>tells me that my character can be a fag as much as he wants but needs other aspects of his character to be present
>tells me that I need numerical values for the stats
>tells me there are no gay spells and a weapon is generally asexual and thus can't be attracted to the same sex or anything for that matter
If it isn't obvious the DM here was a total faggot.
>>
>>50123814
>>50123828

I don't doubt there's people out there like that. I've met a few. But there's also this big kind of pushback by people who don't think they should be allowed to marry and consider them subhuman, which means they have to push back all the more forcefully.

Polarization within a culture over such issues make those issues stand out because both sides feel the escalating need to make a stand in the face of the other.

When the fact that you work as an engineer or a lawyer isn't really in contention, neither of those facets merits much attention. When whether you fuck men or women is in contention, it's the part that's relevant to the discussion. Saying it's the only facet of a character when it's the only facet being focused on is kind of blatantly missing the context.
>>
>>50123814

It really depends on the person, some people do make a pretty fucking big deal about it, of course, there is always more to a person than that, but they make it the focus on how they present to the world.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 500x545px
>>50123888
> Race: gay
What an odd way to spell 'Elf'
>>
>>50123883
Make NPCs like the ones on the right. In this case, the stereotype is there for a reason. My 1st serious GF had 2 mommies, and they looked exactly like this. Also, my 1st boss. Yes, I live close to Dyke Mecca or something.
>>
>>50123797
Your spoiler actually made me want to vomit.
>thank you for using spoilers but never post again
>I feel sick now
>you left a sour taste in my mouth

Never post anything on the entire internet again
>>
>>50123484

Make a gay character but don't be a fag about it.
>>
>>50123883
Play Car Lesbians.
>>
I hope you fuckers aren't so boring with your games as to think that sexuality is something that /never comes up and if you try to talk about it you're an SJW beta cuck/ or fucking whatever

like do you have NPCs who talk, communicate and relate to each other or do your poor fucking players just trudge through a series of caves where enemies stand still and attack them?

if your world is going to be immersive or just fucking interesting at all relationships between people should probably fucking come up, and of they do then there's no reason for queer ones not to. why would you want a less sociologically interesting society to set your murderhobos upon?
>>
File: 1473114610217.png (504KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473114610217.png
504KB, 919x720px
>>50123484
>Not using the necessity of hiding their preferences in a highly sexist society who think homosexuality is sinful as a tool to show the bonds of trust that form between your character and the others
>>
>>50123977
Exactly.
>>
>>50123977
>I hope you fuckers aren't so boring with your games as to think that sexuality is something that /never comes up and if you try to talk about it you're an SJW beta cuck/ or fucking whatever

^ I think we just found the SJW beta cuck or fucking whatever.

If it ever comes up, then yes, you've gone magical-realm, period.

Yes, playing murderhobos is my escape from society AS IT IS. Go perform your bullshit sociological experiments where people don't like fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 188x268px
For real though, where is /pol/?
Why has this thread not been shitposted into oblivion?
>>
>>50124022

Aren't there some photographers you should be beating up at your campus safe-space or something?

If we were all surrounded by as many Puritanical oppressors as you imagine, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
>>
>>50124083

We are talking about a different time period and society, stop getting triggered.
>>
>>50124022

In a game where characters have [Bonds] it could work, much the same as any compromising secret held between trusted confidants. The only wider-ranging limitation on it is that it affects the individual rather than society at large.

Well, probably also his family and stuff, who might cut their ties with him or lose social standing with other competing houses. Maybe put them in a compromising position and some political intrigue with a wider range of consequences should the secret come out, which could endanger the character's goals.
>>
>>50124101
Um, no. And fuck you, I read it right. You're running it as a simulation narrative. You can stop lying anytime.
>>
>>50124142
Do you need a safe space?
>>
>>50124051
>If it ever comes up, then yes, you've gone magical-realm, period.

we're talking about games set in magical-realms you dumb dull motherfucker
>>
So here is an example from my setting.

High House Gem, Which Likens Itself to Depravity's patriarch is a gay polygamist. He also happens to a sadistic sociopath. The fact that he is gay doesn't really factory into these, but the entire house has themes of "excess" and "sexual deviancy" and in that culture homosexuality is deviance.
>>
File: rekt.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>50124198
>>
>>50123484
Yes, just don't bring it up unless in a scenario or environment where it would come out naturally rather than with Jolar the Crane, monk of the Order of Balanced Toes, spends most of his day meditating in a closet only to pop out when somebody passes him by to say "Hey, I like dick" and then returns to his meditation.
>>
>>50123883
T H I C C
>>
>>50123977
Newsflash: players ignore 80+ percent of your master crafted, sociologically interesting societies.

If an NPC's offhanded remark pertaining to their sexuality is what they take notice of, the group you are playing with is either incredibly horny or incredibly bored of the rest of the game.
>>
>>50123743
The most tolerant culture would know the existence of gay marriage doesn't stop people having babies.
>>
Isn't that Blue Rose game basically that?
>>
Yes, don't talk about it on the internet. I've DMed a couple campaigns with gay characters and all that usually came of it was that I shifted the genders of some NPCs. I guess I just had a good group or something.

One that actually used it was a character with an arranged marriage that was using adventuring as an excuse to delay that and fool around a bit. I tried to turn it into a dichotomy of Duty vs Personal Fulfillment and he went with duty for all his little chunks of the story. The last scene of the campaign was at his wedding to the girl, actually.
>>
>>50123484
No
>>
>>50123484
Yeah, you just don't make a big fuckin' deal about it.
>This bloke likes that other bloke, help him ask the guy out as a side quest
>The queen's a complete bitch with the beheadings and whatnot, maybe her wife can be used as leverage somehow to undermine her power
>You notice that one of the mercs working with you is making his voice much deeper than it actually is. He might have been born female
>That Orc's cheating on his Elven wife and shaging that Dragonborn, time for some blackmail
>>
>>50123484
>Is there any way for a fantasy setting to feature LGBT characters without it descending into a /pol/ vs The SJW Boogyman shitshow?
Sure, run for players who aren't triggered, career-offended reverse hambeasts.

There's always gotta be one minor lord who's "married to his work" or bulldyke warrior lady who hits on the female characters.
>>
File: Not An Argument.jpg (14KB, 804x446px) Image search: [Google]
Not An Argument.jpg
14KB, 804x446px
>>50124258
>he hasn't heard of 10 generation theory
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4800x1200px
>>50124327
I am op and those are good ideas.
>>
>>50123743
They're not having kids anyway dingus. Whether they're married or not doesn't affect that
>>
>>50124359
>He believes shit he reads on the internet
How are the kids by the way?
>>
>>50123883
Stop doing the first part?
>>
Every gay character I've seen in an RPG was either played for laughs or to virtue signal.

at least the first can be light-hearted and doesn't need to be overtly offensive
>>
>>50124369
wheres that image from?
>>
>>50123648
>lol let me show those sjws what's up by throwing dm fiat at them
>lich falls everybody dies!
>lol I'm so clever
>>
>>50124467
If the GM had dropped hints, its fine.
>>
>>50124394
Deeeeeelicious
https://youtu.be/KDsZNNJwxjA?t=176
>>
Does sci-fi fantasy count?

>Want humanitarian paladins
>Decide on female humanitarian paladin order centered in the PNW of my USA post apoc setting
>Some women are gay or have gay sex in the order
>Will not come up unless asked

That bad?
>>
>>50124512

Well, they're both subsections of fiction, so yeah I guess it counts.

Doesn't seem that bad. Sometimes women fuck other women and they don't make a big deal about it? I know women who fuck other women and don't make a big deal about it. It's just, like, a thing, I guess?
>>
>>50124484
Sounds like the DM didn't since all the players were surprised.
>>
>>50123484

Slaanesh, literal god(ess?) of degeneracy
>>
>>50123484
Please keep to your containment board.
It's faggots like you that encourage people to kill queers and to not feel overly guilty about it.
>>
>>50123484
>Is there any way for a fantasy setting to feature LGBT characters without it descending into a /pol/ vs The SJW Boogyman shitshow?
Yes.
>Will it not work in practice?
Also likely yes.
>>
File: image.jpg (332KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
332KB, 752x1063px
>>50124512
> Includes Sacred Order of Lesbians
> asks if that's a bad thing
What?
>>
>>50124537

Fifth greentext line implies liches are present, that there was a lich plot hook was there clear and present, but selectively ignored.

Of course the poster isn't here to clarify, so we have only the image to work off of. Certainly seems stated enough: clear and present evil forces are working towards a goal that's, in setting, never anything but nefarious.
>>
>>50123484
Why do you keep making these shitty /pol/ tier threads.
>>
>>50124580

>can't tell if like or despise.
>>
>>50124589
Or the supposed DM is a lying crook who made it out as if he were being obvious but probably only mentioned it once in an early session and never touched on it again.
>>
>>50124575

>Will it not work in practice?

Depends on your friend group. I've got mostly chill people, and am good at vetting problem players. Frankly if it's going to fall apart, the hill it's going to die on isn't that one. It's probably going to die on scheduling conflicts than in-character drama.
>>
Depends on the setting.

It'd be a lot easier to do it in Planescape than in, for example, Greyhawk. Also, gay adventurers feels better to me than gay sedentists.
>>
>>50123484
No, not really.
With gay being an unnatural state, people will pursue a reason for it being. And unlike other bizarre character traits, there are few reasons for making a character gay other than a) you're gay, b) it's a fetish thing, or c) you're a hyper lib-shit.
Even if none of those three explanations are true, they're generally what people will believe even if you tell them otherwise simply because they're the most rational reasons.
That said, have you considered playing with some SJWs? They'd have no problem with you making characters gay, they'd actively encourage it even.
>>
>>50124622

Could be. Could be it was made up and none of it ever happened. We aren't exactly present with the poster to ask for clarification. Of course, we could check the archives and see if someone asked that very question in the thread.
>>
File: 1428787739834.jpg (174KB, 869x798px) Image search: [Google]
1428787739834.jpg
174KB, 869x798px
>>50123484
Yes. Could you explain why you believe that this can't be done?
>>
File: MK Cassie Confused.png (323KB, 475x482px) Image search: [Google]
MK Cassie Confused.png
323KB, 475x482px
>Be gay irl
>Plays as a straight guy
Ummm, no?
>>
Stop trying to turn /tg/ into /co/mblr. You fags ruined that board, stop trying to ruin this one.
>>
>>50124058
Maybe the /pol/ boogeyman only exists in your head.
>>
>>50124650
Since, again, the players were surprised and assuming the players weren't absolutely obtuse, I'm more inclined to believe that the self-seeking DM did not offer up any hints at all so that he could drop the bomb on them and feel clever for it, rather than that players ignored hints in a campaign that probably would have gone on for a long time. If, indeed, it ever happened at all.
>>
>>50124672
Back to /pol/ you go
>>
>>50123484
Without shoving it down their throats.
>>
>>50124696
>self-seeking
I meant "self-serving."
>>
>>50124538
Slaanesh is a god of excess. Human homosexuality is perefectly fine by the Imperial as a whole, who wouldn't not give a fuck if it were any sort of issue. There's a lesbian couple in the Cain books iirc and nothing I've heard suggests that anyone really gives a fuck about it.

However like all things thatt the Imperium as a whole doesn't give a fuck about, legality depends on the planet, and laws can be gotten around by being too important or working for someone who is too important to give a fuck what some backwater shithole plant thinks.
>>
>>50124698
No, that's where you and your political pushing belong.
>>
>>50124058
You mean, where the fuck are the mods?
These /lgbt/ threads have a containment board for a reason, and this is easily the cringiest of the last several that these guys have been spamming recently.
>>
>My character is a mercenary who lost his wife and childr--
>"WOW why are you shoving your character's sexuality in our faces?"

Obviously this has probably never happened. But you can bet it has when "wife and children" was "partner" or something instead.
>>
>>50124712
Why would the imperium tolerate homosexuality?
They need people to fuck as much as they can to produce more workers and soldiers.
>>
>>50124756

They do that enough on their own already, and those that are gay aren't going to be. The Imperium isn't the Tau where they have mates selected for them for optimal selective breeding. You aren't a space commie, are you, anon? Looking a little blue there, comrade citizen?
>>
>>50124756
It seems to me like they have an overpopulation problem as it is.

At the very least the Hivewords house more people then the Imperium will ever make use of.
>>
>>50123484
Get the fuck back to /lgbt/ or /co/mblr or whatever other containment board you came from.
>>
>>50124753
Stop being a stupid faggot and trying to equate homosexuality with heterosexuality.

It's more like saying
>My character is a mercenary who enjoys fucking sheep-
>"WOW why are you shoving your character's weird fetishes in our faces?"

Homosexuality is just a fetish that leftists are trying to promote into something else, to the point where they're hoping to use language to disguise what they're talking about. They say love when they mean sex, equality when they're talking about special privileges, and orientation when they're just talking about a fetish.

It's silly to even bother to use their terms.
>>
>>50124753
Probably because heterosexuality is the natural state. Exclusive homosexuality is a biological dead-end and therefore considered unnatural.
And before anyone touts that shitty "but these animals can be gay" arguments, no they are not, some animals are bisexual, like giraffes, but never exclusively gay. If an animal were to be exclusively gay, it would be some kind of defect.
So basically, if you want your character to make sense in the setting, assuming standard fantasy fair, and you still want them to fuck the same sex in the ass because that's your fetish, then make them bi. History is filled with bisexuals, but not homosexuals.
>>
>>50124756
>>50124786
This. Humans fuck at such a massive rate as it is the Imperium doesn't NEED more people.

Also, the Imperium - for all it's zealousness - is pretty much beyond our modern civil issues. Fighting over trivial things like sexuality and skin color pales when there are people who shoot lightning from their eyes and can sprout tentacle arms.
>>
>>50124786

You could always just impress the excess into the guard and ship them off as cannon fodder in some Emperor-forsaken alien battlefield. Maybe they even kill some of mankind's enemies while they're at it?

Which makes me wonder.. The Arbites often have arrest quotas, and those people are often shipped off to penal legions. Could be they fight overpopulation in just that manner, by rounding up the worst of them and sending them off to fight the enemies of mankind.
>>
>>50124786
No, that's you being stupid and not understanding the setting. Policies tend to trump practicality, and discouraging homosexuals is a logical and healthy step that the Imperium would take to the extreme by killing them mercilessly.
>>
>>50124756
The IoM has literal quadrillions of people. People are so worthless that sending millions upon millions to their deaths is completely unremarkable.
>>
>not playing a bisexual noble or barbarians that takes whatever ass he wants, male or female, and dares fuckers to try and stop him.
It's like you don't know how to play a self-serving asshole adventurer that acts with zero restraint.
>>
>>50124817
>Sheepfucking
>unnatural fetish
Anon have you ever heard of Wales and New Zealand?

But that aside your point still stands and is 100% correct.
>>
>>50124844
I don't think so.
There is a finite number of dangerous criminals you can can give guns to before they turn on the very finite number of guards forcing them to charge the right way.
>>
>>50124821
What of the "gay uncle" theory? Too many people in a famliy group reproducing in a similar amount of time causes resources and adult attention to be split between all the children, but if some member of the group are less likely to breed by choice, then they can help to contribute more resources and attention to the young of their extended family.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>50124862

This guy knows what's up. Brash and wild noble born is best character.
>>
File: 1477564110525.png (261KB, 654x473px) Image search: [Google]
1477564110525.png
261KB, 654x473px
>>50123484
>implying that the mental cases that end up creating lgbt snowflakes can abstain from shoehorning their sexuality and modern political sensibilities in to every single aspect of the game
>>
File: Smug Tekken.png (170KB, 241x364px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Tekken.png
170KB, 241x364px
>Players keep bugging me to include more "diverse" characters
>Make all BBEGs dark skin and different degrees of homo
>>
>>50124650
https://warosu.org/tg/thread/20649377
/tg/ seems exactly the same as it was back then.
>>
>>50124887

Are you arguing that penal legions don't exist? I mean, that's what the explosive collars are for. If they turn on the commander or refuse to follow orders, they get their heads selectively blown off. If they tamper with their collars, they all go off.The commander dies, they all go off. Imperium thinks this through.
>>
>>50124817
>>50124821
Literally just saying "eewwww the gays!"
I'm glad there are people out there whose mere existence is enough to trigger you.
>>
Seriously, where the fuck are the mods?
>>
>>50124821
Or have a way of having children that doesn't rely on jamming penor in to a vagoo. Something like the Riboku from Twelve Kingdoms.
>>
>>50124918
No, I'm saying "Fuck your retarded attempts to undermine society all just for the sake of making it easier for you to indulge in your fetish."
>>
>>50124937
Keep at it mate. My god, I bet there are pairs of guys or gals shagging each other RIGHT NOW. Society is doomed!
>>
>>50124916
I know I know.
I'm just saying you can't stick the entire criminal population of a hive city into a penal legion. I may totally be wrong. Lets not derail this thread with 40k Lore Debate #474573
>>
>>50124954
Anon, please. Stop feeding him (You)s
>>
>>50123500
>>50123528
>>50123541
>>50123555
I've kicked out faggots from my group, solely because they were stupid enough to announce to the group that they had a fucked up fetish and then pretended it was a perfectly normal and acceptable thing to do.

I only tolerate that shit if it's unknown and never mentioned.
>>
>>50124889
The gay uncle is actually a great situation from a genetic point of view.
To elaborate, ideally not everyone reproduces, genetic selection cannot occur if everyone does, so the shitty genes get passed on with the good ones. So in a situation with big families that live in multi-generational homes, a gay person can abstain from reproduction, helping genetic selection, while still contributing to the well-being and continued reproduction of his/her family. It's really an ideal situation.
So please don't misunderstand, I'm not trying to say being gay is bad or anything, I'm just saying it's not normal, so it would definitely be a detail that would be scrutinized on a character in a game.
>>
File: capture.png (101KB, 1174x277px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
101KB, 1174x277px
>>50124914

[response to that]
>"Chosen One" plot
>in a tabletop game

Seems like you might well be correct.

>>50124930

Well, I mean the Emperor had 20 21? sons and he didn't even have a wife. Although he was pretty close with his buddy Malcador there...

>>50124965

>Lets not derail this thread with 40k Lore Debate #474573

As... As opposed to where it's going now?
>>
>>50124954
>>50124969
Go back to /lgbt/.
Or /pol/.
Or /tumblr/.

Or, be a good faggot, and become a statistic.
>>
>>50124930
Well naturally, there'd be absolutely no reason for homosexuality to stigmatized with any race or civilization that can reproduce with either sexes.
>>
>>50125015
Do they even have sexes if thats the case?
>>
>>50124999
Fuck oh my god I bet there's some dude's ass being pounded right as we speak oh the horror the moral fabric of society is literally being clawed away.
>>
>>50124994
As with anything, it depends on the setting.

Heavily historical medieval euorpe setting? Being gay is a problem that can more easily annoy everyone else as it can derail plots potentially. High fantasty setting where one of the main dieties covers love and people are more concerned over what species you are than anything else? Nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>50124918
You lack reading comprehension.
I'm not telling you I dislike gays, I'm telling you why it'll be questioned and considered strange in an rpg group to make a character gay for seemingly no reason.
>>
>>50124987
Oh my! Evil LGBT triggering you in your safe space. How dare they.
>>
>>50125037
How about character flavor for a reason?
>>
>>50125038
Alright, at this point thats enough. it was funny the first time, kinda.
>>
>>50125027
If they would it wouldn't mean much.
If a race reproduces like that and still has primary and secondary sex characteristics, they'd be vestigial, like a human's tailbone.
>>
>>50123828
Speaking as a poofta, you can't generalise gays like that. You will definitely find some gay people like that, but you will also find rich people whose entire personality is based on being rich, ethnic people who do the same, people who do the same with their jobs/professions, and so on. >>50123814 is correct. Some people are just bland, and create their identity around one feature of their life, to give themselves some semblance of belonging.
>>
>>50124994

There's also the theory that, if it's genetic, the gene it codes for would increase fertility in the opposite sex it codes for homosexuality for in.

So a woman who carries the gene is going to be very fertile and much more likely to pass off her genes, having fertile daughters and potentially gay sons. Similarly, a very virile man would have virile sons and potentially lesbian daughters. So the gene isn't a dead end, it's genetically advantageous for one gender. I mean, if it was a dead end, wouldn't it have died off naturally? Instead it hangs around because it offers a very lopsided advantage to half its inheritors, and that advantage is that it helps them pass on their genes.
>>
>>50125037
What reasons would be acceptable to you? Do you allow your players to make their character a fighter or a wizard for seemingly no reason.
>>
>>50125049
If that's your thing then do it, i'm just telling you other people will think it's weird.
>>
>>50123484
>the party are all sentient hermaphroditic worms
>caught in a rainstorm while looking to splak
>earth tremors cause them to fail to put Tab A into Slot B and instead bump slots
>most of the adventure is them sitting in a corner trying to come to grips with all their wonderful new feelings before they dry out
>>
>>50125089

I wouldn't.
>>
>>50125036
>love

Stop misusing that word.

Also, you act like there's not a hundred and one reasons people hate and despise gays, ranging from their explosive STD rates to their predilection towards pedophilia and molestation that occurs at more than 30x the rate of the rest of the populace, or the various religious and philisophical examinations that correctly identify it as senselessly hedonistic and as detached from any healthy notion of love, or we can discuss the manner in which they are an economical and societal drain. There's not just one reason they majority of the world still criminalizes homosexuality and doesn't bother to ignore all the unfortunate realities of it.

Unless it's specifically a stupid setting with not even a shred of credibility, you'll find most people hating homosexuals.
>>
>>50125085
Personally, I don't believe being gay is a genetic thing, though there are definitely genes that make you more masculine/feminine that can make you more likely to be gay.
Anyway, if there is a gay gene, it would survive because, historically, very very few people were JUST gay. Even the most flaming of faggots still tried to have kids, and besides, everyone used to be a lot more bisexual that homosexual.
>>
>>50125037
Depends on the rpg group and your realtionship with them and what game you're playing. Obviously rolling up a gay character while playing a tabletop game based off the crusades wile at a pray-the-gay-away bible camp would be a stupid idea but if you're playing with your buds and nobody at the table has any storng beliefs regarding homosexuals, the worst you'd get is people vaguely wonder if you might be gay before ceasing to give a fuck.
>>
>>50125089

I played a humanoid moth wizard who worked as a forensics specialist in a fantasy New York detective noir game. If being gay is somehow weirder than giant magical insects trying to do good in a dark and bitter world, I think you might have need to reexamine some things.
>>
>>50125089
Right, because not considering whether your character choices for flavor would be a biological dead-end or not is the weird thing to do.
>>
>>50125097
Well you certainly represent the majority of rpg-players don't you?
>>
>>50125077
Yes, you really can. Gays aren't passive about their fetish, or they wouldn't be gays.
>>
>>50125144

And you do?
>>
>>50125113
Do the negatives of homosexuality disappear if we don't accept them?
>>
>>50125153
They do if don't accept them being on our planet.
>>
>>50125128
It's weirder, because while one is just something strange, the other is hamfisting a fetish into a game, with a subtext of political soapboxing.

You really need to stop acting like "it's not a big deal," when there's still plenty of people willing to kill you for your ideas, and countless more who simply despise you.
>>
>>50123484
Nigger, you can have a fucking civil rights theme in your campaign. From Halfling to Driders, any kind of issurs can be brought in a Civic state that's not simply a mono ethnic state.

That seems far more interesting than lgBBQ.
>>
>>50125149
Please read what I'm saying, I'm not telling you this from my point of view.
I've played a lot of games and talked to a lot of people about games, and this comes up more than you'd think, and generally, that's what people thought, and I've been trying to explain why I think that's the case. This has nothing to do with what I would personally think of it.
>>
>>50125148
But nobody is passive about their sexuality, except asexuals I guess. All of my good friends are straight and they talk about their sexual adventures sometimes, whereas I literally never do.
>>
>>50125181
Who is next to be voted of the planet? People who spend their time on animu image boards instead of being productive?
>>
>>50125220
They would.
We cannot allow non-productivity here citizen.
Or do you want the xenos and the chaos to murder-rape us all?
>>
>>50125208
Their "sexuality" doesn't define them because they're normal.

You really need to stop being stupid for a minute.
If a guy has sex with a woman, he's like any other guy.

Also, you're here, talking like a faggot, acting like a faggot, about being a faggot, so I can't really take you for your word that you're not letting your fagness define who you are.
>>
>>50124782
Negro, the imperium of man is commie as fuck.
The entire species is banding together to combat outside threats, it's like stalin's wet dream.
>>
>>50125220
We must let go of the self for the good of our species Anon.

For the Greater Good.
>>
>>50125239
Shit, I guess someone should tell you about that BBQ they threw last week for their circle of friends in the local hiking scene while they mock you for your hatred of gay people.
>>
File: confused guido.jpg (69KB, 351x339px) Image search: [Google]
confused guido.jpg
69KB, 351x339px
>>50125282
>>50125239
>>50125208
>>50125148
I can't even tell what you two are talking about at this point.
>>
>>50125239
>Their "sexuality" doesn't define them because they're normal.
Their sexuality defines them more than mine defines me. They talk about it and reference it way more often than I do.

>If a guy has sex with a woman, he's like any other guy.
That's fine and I agree. But what you are doing is defining people by their sexuality, regardless of whether they do it themselves.

>Also, you're here, talking like a faggot, acting like a faggot, about being a faggot, so I can't really take you for your word that you're not letting your fagness define who you are.
m8 it's a thread about gays in RPGs, I figure my opinion is warranted ITT.
>>
>>50125282
Want to hear about the public execution of homosexuals that took place last week? And the week before that? And every week before that since the dawn of time?

Whatever point you were hoping to make is thankfully drowned out by the majority of people around the world recognizing that if you the stupid thing and be compassionate to fags and not kill them immediately, they'll take a mile for every inch of mercy you offered.
>>
>>50125308
It's a gay mating ritual.
>>
>>50125308
This guy >>50125282 isn't me, I don't really get his point either kek but I enjoyed the post.

>>50125317
>it's been done for a long time and most people do it so it's right
You're literally on the same page as african tribespeople and arab pedos. And I bet you think you're redpilled. Wake up sheeple.
>>
>>50125313
You mean it's an /lgbt/ thread on /tg/, with absolutely no purpose beyond getting you stupid faggots to chime in and pretend that the world doesn't hate you.

Seriously. Look at the fucking question and tell me that the person who wrote it couldn't figure out an answer for themselves.

You are one stupid faggot, because its so easy to bait you out, because you can't recognize a misplaced thread and instead have a pressing need to post in it to reaffirm yourself.

Your friends don't let their sexuality define themselves because heterosexuality is the default. You need to stop trying to equate it with your fetish, your all-consuming fetish that you are still trying to lie and say it hasn't defined your entire world view.
>>
>>50125350
idk why you hate people for sucking dicks so much m8 but I think you need to have a drink or something

cya later, sailor boy
>>
>>50125343
No, there's a fair amount of arguments as to why its right, compiled together from every country from countless scholars. It's literally on the same page as the most intelligent philosophers over the course of the majority of history, up to and including the modern day.

If you want to go into the details, let's head over to /pol/ and we can discuss everything wrong with the fetish at leisure.
>>
>>50125113
Ah /pol/, thinking everyone's as hateful at everything as them. It's fucking classic /pol/ to think everyone thinks like they do and/or try to get people to bandwagon with them by claiming to be the majority.
>>
File: 1470515520973.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1470515520973.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>50125350
Bravo anon. A+ response seriously
>>
>>50125365
>let's head over to /pol
That's a great idea.
Get the fuck out, faggot.
>>
>>50125371
You do realize that you faggots belong in /pol/, right? It's not a question of left or right, it's the place for any stupid political discussion, which is what this ultimately is.

>It's fucking classic /pol/ to think everyone thinks like they do and/or try to get people to bandwagon with them by claiming to be the majority.

Reaffirmed by your own statement. If you honestly don't even realize that the majority of the world despises you to the point of being willing to kill you, than you are your own definition of "classic /pol."
>>
>>50125350
>>50125365
>agenda bandwagoning's only bad when /lgbt/ does it
Ok.
>>
>>50125350
Honestly, given the amount of vitriol you're spewing, you sure are letting other people's sexuality define a large part of your world view.
>>
>>50125393
Do you see anyone making "What's the best way to kill gays in your setting" threads?

No? Then fuck off, because the last time people started spamming these /lgbt/ threads, those kind of threads weren't far behind.
>>
>>50123484
I don't know OP, but to be honest at this point I don't really care anymore. Just reading this thread has made me go from apathetically neutral to wanting to start a worldwide genocide against all gays.
>>
>>50125365
>>50125376
>>50125408
>>50125420
>all these posts happening within a minute of each other
Boy, no samefagging happening here.
>>
>>50123484
If someone made a gay character I'd probably assume he/she was gay if they're the same sex as their character, or fetish fuel if they're the opposite sex. But that would just be an assumption, it wouldn't really mean anything or actually come up in game. But if you don't want gay wars fought in your campaign, just don't play with people that hate them or people that exalt them, which as far as I'm aware is most people.
>>
>>50125399
It's not sexuality, it's politics.
Keep your shitty fucking politics off this board.
Don't try to argue it's not politics, don't try to argue that your side should get special treatment, and stop acting like this is the first time you idiots have spammed pointless threads just to discuss /lgbt/ on /tg/.

/tg/ should remain apolitical. No one likes /pol/, and what you stupidly don't realize is that /pol/ isn't just people on the right, but idiots from the left like yourself. That's the place for everyone who feels the need to engage in these sort of discussions, unless you're in the mood for a hugbox, which is what /lgbt/ is for. /tg/ will never be a hugbox, so if you really just want to start shit, fuck off over to /pol/.
>>
>>50125459
>I'll go on about how fags need to kill themselves, that'll show how committed I am to being apolitical!
>>
File: 2016-11-05 23.30.03.png (40KB, 620x223px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-05 23.30.03.png
40KB, 620x223px
>>50125438
>being this delusional
>>
>>50123484
Our group has a gay dude who usually plays gay characters.
I don't think anybody really thinks anything of it, but we've also all been friends for a long time so it doesn't seem unusual in the slightest.
>>
File: IMG_1707.jpg (30KB, 620x363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1707.jpg
30KB, 620x363px
>>50125438
>Thinks posts happening close in time to each other is obviously samefagging
>doesn't realize that there is a post timer

Brilliant deduction there Sherlock.
>>
>>50125459
You made it about politics by going in your tirade against the gays and lesbians. This thread could have easily been, and occasionally was, about people playing homosexual characters in their games until you, /pol/, came along.
>>
>>50125471
It's the conclusion you seem intent on making people realize. Killing gays seems to be the only way to keep them from acting like faggots, which is unsurprising as that's the conclusion that most governments throughout history and modernity have been unfortunately come to realize.

And here you are, inadvertently providing proof and support for that idea.

If you honestly want to disprove it, fuck off to /pol/ already.
>>
>>50124687
>watch multiple threads descend into /pol/ shit
>watch mods ignore them
>watch mods delete threads about actual gaming stuff
>/pol/ shit still all over board.
No, I think you're just an asshole.
>>
>>50124058
Tell you the truth im also surprised, considering how a fa/tg/uy can easily turn into a /pol/ack
>>
>>50125533
>most governments in modernity
Yeah, alright, you can come off it mate, no one's dumb enough to post something so easily verifiable as false.
>>
>>50125494
It's you idiots trying to pretend you're not hated and despised, and while that's cute while you're in your containment board, it's stupid when you go to other boards and make retarded threads to pretend your fetish is normal and widely accepted.

You are /pol/, but the stupid kind of /pol/ that thinks that your side should get special privileges and be allowed to make retarded threads like this one.

You're a faggot and you want people to stop caring? Stop trying to draw attention to yourself. That's the most benign response you're going to get, but since that seems to encourage you to make more of these threads, I'm afraid I have to suggest you go do some traveling and get yourself murdered somewhere.
>>
>>50124286
Blue Rose is pretty heavily a strawman agenda pusher.
>>
>>50125575
I figure that the people who advocate outright genocide are far worse for the morality of a society than the homos, but maybe that's just me.
>>
File: 1398469088671.png (549KB, 441x705px) Image search: [Google]
1398469088671.png
549KB, 441x705px
>>50125575
>It's you idiots trying to pretend you're not hated and despised, and while that's cute while you're in your containment board, it's stupid when you go to other boards and make retarded threads to pretend your fetish is normal and widely accepted.
>You are /pol/, but the stupid kind of /pol/ that thinks that your side should get special privileges and be allowed to make retarded threads like this one.
>You're a faggot and you want people to stop caring? Stop trying to draw attention to yourself. That's the most benign response you're going to get, but since that seems to encourage you to make more of these threads, I'm afraid I have to suggest you go do some traveling and get yourself murdered somewhere.

Holy fuck this exact argument could also be used against /pol/lacks without having to change a word.
>>
>>50125645
That's what I thought until this thread made me realize that there's a good chance homos won't stop making these shit threads unless we step up the whole killing them business.

I hate killing homos as much as the next guy, but fuck, these threads are awful.
>>
>>50125658
I'm pretty sure that's a copypasta that I HAVE seen used agains /pol/lacks with hardly a word changed actually.
>>
>>50124327
>>You notice that one of the mercs working with you is making his voice much deeper than it actually is. He might have been born female
>>That Orc's cheating on his Elven wife and shaging that Dragonborn, time for some blackmail

These are good. Potential story hooks with lots of possibilities.

>>This bloke likes that other bloke, help him ask the guy out as a side quest
>>The queen's a complete bitch with the beheadings and whatnot, maybe her wife can be used as leverage somehow to undermine her power

These are blatant pandering and serve no purpose other than to say "hey, look, gays here! I've got some gay characters here! Make sure to check that off your diversity list!"
>>
>>50125575
I thought you were talking about /pol/ until you mentioned fetish.
>>
>>50125645
You would think, but then you faggots came along and just had to prove that wrong, didn't ya.
>>
>>50124051
>If it ever comes up, then yes, you've gone magical-realm, period.

So if someone mentions having any form of relationship, even in passing it's magical realm?
>>
>>50125658
That's exactly the point. Both sides of /pol/ are not welcome here, left or right.
>>
>>50125669
Uh huh. One thread turned you from an alright human being into someone maniacally genocidal, and you aren't just a shitty human being. I'm sure.
>>
>>50125688
Yes. But also if they don't mention it, it's magical realm for asexuals.

The only way to win is to not play.
>>
>>50125688
Stop trying to equate homosexuality with heterosexuality already. Your dumb fetish has more in common with bestiality.
>>
>>50125685
>wanting gays in traditional games
>worse than genocide
>implying
>>
>>50123545
Is that Yui Hirasawa taking fire from a sniper?

SAUCE?!
>>
>>50125700
It's hardly been one thread. You /lgbt/ guys have been trying to do this for years. I'm just shocked that the mods haven't deleted this thread already.
>>
>>50125724
>It's hardly been one thread. You /pol/ guys have been trying to do this for years. I'm just shocked that the mods haven't deleted this thread already.
>>
>>50125712
You know, Genocide isn't as bad as people make it out of be. I mean, If half the things /pol/ said about the Jews was true, than the Holocaust would have been supported 100%.

The point is, Genocide is fine against those who deserve it, like faggots who go can't stay on their containment board and have to push their eye watering shit on other boards to validate themselves. Hint hint, nudge nudge.
>>
>>50125724
Why should it be deleted just because you're triggered by the gays? I mean, I know you think they are, but homosexual people at the table and homosexual characters are not persona non grata for anyone but the most hidebound reactionaries.
>>
>>50125738
>other people do it so it's fine when I do it
have you ever considered that both are wrong?
>>
File: 2c3ba3b262eb2c7cccf5c678a7806e17.jpg (294KB, 900x1131px) Image search: [Google]
2c3ba3b262eb2c7cccf5c678a7806e17.jpg
294KB, 900x1131px
>>50125724
Do what? What are they trying to do and how are they breaking rules?
>>
>>50125738
That's what he just said.
What is wrong with you faggots? You guys are /pol/ too, because /pol/ is every side of the political spectrum.
>>
>>50125744
You know, you sound like the sort of hoser that's pretending to be /pol/ and doing this sort of shit to make them look bad.
I believe the proper term is "controlled opposition".
>>
>>50125708

That was a reply to a post saying if sexuality of ANY sort comes up it's magical realm.
>>
>>50125767
Is this some weird /pol/ false flagging operation?
>>
>>50124378
>being this stupid
lgbt detected
>>
>>50123484
>LGB
Elves exist, yes.
On a more serious note, it just hasn't come up.

>T
Wizards have invented several forms of nigh-permanent tranformation as stepping stones on their path to their final goal of ascending to the form of a dragon/god/little girl.
Tumblr-brand faggots who can't decide on what they are tend to get into debt with wizards, which usually ends in some horrible fate or another.
People who legitimately want to be something else also tend to realize that dealing with wizards is horrible, get their magical treatment, and shut up about it.
>>
>>50125774
It actually sounds like a mix of mild humor and a not so mild hint to get the fuck out.
>>
>>50125438
>posts happening at the same time means samefag.
You're a special kind of stupid.
>>
>>50123528
>>Say they're gay
>*Poof*

Offensive language is a virus. Please do not infect me with your hate
>>
>>50125774
I'm not /pol/ack and i never claimed to be one. What I am is some one who sick of you /lgbt/, /co/mblr, and /pol/acks who keep coming to /tg/ thinking any one gives rats ass about your idiotic delusions. /tg/ belongs to the fa/tg/uys, now get the Get the fuck off my board!
>>
>>50125808
Wow, you're so superior.
You're like the main character of a movie.
Good luck weathering the tide and fighting the good fight, we'll all remember you.
>>
>>50125821
Not him, but yes. That is the superior stance.
>>
>>50125821
>The "I have no arguments to defend me being a litttle shit, so I'm just going to be Snarky Sally and hope that people don't notice how undefendable my position is"

Ahh Sarcasm, the Passive-aggressive Cockmongler's substitute for wit, humor, and charm.
>>
>>50125183
>hamfisting a fetish

Oh fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>50123484
>Is there any way for a fantasy setting to feature LGBT characters
Include it, but not "feature" it in the sense of making a big deal out of it.
My philosophy on it is simple. On most story related matters, the character is no different from a straight character, in that they have many things to define them besides their sexuality. On matters of romance or sex are the only story-related parts that have to make any mention of the individuals' sexuality. For transgender, it's a bit trickier, because it's not about who they are attracted to, it's about who they are. in-universe, such a person would likely seek out some magic spell to change their physical appearance to match.
>>
>>50125821

What kind of shitty comeback is that, anon?
>>
File: disgust.jpg (58KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
58KB, 1024x512px
This thread is an abortion.
Also obvious bait, you're all retards.
>>
>>50125851
No one gives a flying fuck you retard.
>>
>>50125848
You first.
>>
File: 1452469476442.jpg (26KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1452469476442.jpg
26KB, 408x408px
>>50125860
It's literally the thread topic.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>50125844
Did you really just use sarcasm to criticize the idea of sarcasm?
Are you actually that fucking retarded?
>>
>>50125873
You're especially retarded if you think OP gives a fuck about your post beyond it adding a +1 to his post count.
>>
>>50125880
I have to wonder why you're even here if you have no stake in this topic one way or the other.
>>
>>50125879
There was no sarcasm in that comment, the greentext was mocking the replied to poster's thought process and rebuttal, while the rest was just describing how un-witty his sarcasm was.

Are you sure you know the meaning of sarcasm Anon?
>>
>>50125894
The topic is simply "/lgbt/ on /tg/."

My stake is to say fuck off to your containment board with your inflammatory political ideas.
>>
>>50125880
>adding a +1 to his post count

What site do you think we're on?
>>
>>50125905
You seem confused, do you require an explanation?
>>
>>50125936
I am confused on how you could misinterpret anything in that comment as sarcasm. It seems like a shoddy deflection to counter the fact that he just Burned you the fuck out.
>>
>>50125948
>Burned you the fuck out
Are you new or something?
Did you see someone say "BTFO" and just guess at what it stands for?
>>
>>50125965
I took a shot at dark and missed. You know what, that doesn't matter. What was even remotely sarcastic about that previous statement?
>>
>>50125907
>any mention of homosexuality is automatically inflammatory political content
You are one of the most triggered people I've ever seen.
>>
>>50125988
Calm your 'tism, why are you harping on this sarcasm thing so much?
Since you're new I'll give you a little advice, don't get so butthurt over the little things, otherwise you'll be completely ass-blasted the entire time you're here.
>>
>>50125907
Do you also tell the poster to go back to /pol/, if they want to include an authoritarian government in their setting?
>>
>>50125995
That's because it is, you fucking faggot. Regular Homosexual people don't bring up their sexual behavior and then get assblasted that people think their deviants, because they acknowledge that they are an abnormal minority, and keep quiet and try to be regular human beings in other ways. Only flaming faggots like you pull this "let's talk about gays" shit into everything.
>>
>>50123484
No because lgbt would make it cancer, logicless and utter shit, as they do with anything
>>
>>50123484
/pol/ assumes that the very existence of LGBT is SJW bullshit, so really the only way to feature LGBT in any capacity is to get rid of all /pol/lacks beforehand.
>>
>>50126019
>Regular Homosexual people don't bring up their sexual behavior and then get assblasted that people think their deviants

This!

So far the only faggots who cause trouble and drama are the ones who present themselves as an opressed minority in need for a change.
>>
>>50126014
I image that would be different because Authoritarian governments had existed openly and were major parts of history, while fairies buggering each other were not. Does that there wasn't the occasional guy who likes to take it up the butt? Sure there was, but he did it behind closed doors like regular people have sex, and it was never more than a foot note in the book of history.
>>
File: 1476650563255.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1476650563255.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>50123619
> my mfw
> MY MFW
> MY
> MFW
>>
>>50126019
>>50126051

>s-stop triggering me!!!!
>>
>>50124058
DO NOT SPEAK ABOUT THIS EVIL GAME
DO NOT POST IT FFS
>>
File: 1345568417604.gif (1MB, 240x162px) Image search: [Google]
1345568417604.gif
1MB, 240x162px
>>50123484
Don't make gayness the sole defining feature of any character.

Say you make a Druid, and provide a one-note descriptor for him.
Introducing him as an "Elf Druid" or "Old Druid" provides a lot more information about the character than just simply "Gay Druid". It also makes much more sense: You can generally tell if somebody is old or an elf just by looking. You're not going to know if they're gay unless they're basically wearing a shirt that says "I LOVE COCKS", and even then it could just be a lame joke shirt with a picture of a rooster on it.

Sexuality is just one facet of a character. While it can provide depth to a character, it shouldn't really be shoved down everyone's throats.
People who shout about their character's gayness are usually: A) Gay themselves, B) Turned on by it, or C) Virtue signalling.

Sure, your Bard with a fun character concept and a nice backstory that provides several cool plot hooks can flirt with some dudes in the tavern and maybe get lucky.
Get the fuck out if the sole remarkable thing about your character's entire existence is that they're a "Gay Bard".
>>
>>50126085
In the same way I hope the other male bard isn't just someone who hits on the barmaid.
>>
File: ....jpg (23KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
23KB, 500x375px
>>50126080

No arguments then? okay.
>>
>>50123484
A few nobles maybe but it bearely has any presence in the setting.

My policy on sexuality on a game is that if it becomes relevant than we will use it then, if it doesn't then it's not important.

I pretty much tell all of my players that having your characters being explicit with their sexuality doesn't make them good characters. Because often times that quickly becomes the only facet of their character.

The examples I use are a 7th Sea game where a lesbian relationship occurred between an NPC and one of the PCs, the PC in question had never specified their sexuality, because in a game of swashbuckling combat it didn't seem important, and the conditions to activate the romance where that someone needed to protect her like a knight would, because deep down she was a girl who wanted her fairy tales to be real.
>>
>>50126080
>have no arguements to defend your self
>just call them triggered, that'll make people think I'm one of them and Niall to defend me

Although you are right that I'm mad, it's mostly
Because you're on my board. I would be perfectly content with your rampant faggotry if you were to keep it on your own shitty board and stop shitting up one of the few good ones.
>>
>>50126105
>My policy on sexuality on a game is that if it becomes relevant than we will use it then, if it doesn't then it's not important.

Problem is that minorities like gays and trans people will set out to MAKE it relevant at every opportunity, for no reason other than it bothers them to not be acknowledged constantly
>>
>>50126103
I don't need an argument for someone whose whole premise is they don't want to see, hear, or even read about homosexuality because they are ewww'd by it. I just need to mock you.
>>
>>50126120
>I don't need an arguement because in my heart i know I'm right. Regardless of what a majority of the world says.

Keep on living in that bubble of denial faggot.
>>
>>50126120
Retard, im not the anon who you were fighting the last hour.

And besides I don't mind gays characters nor gay players, as long as they keep their shit with themselves, just as I'd hate to have someone who keeps braggin how straigh he is all the time.
>>
>248 replies
>71 posters
Color me fucking surprised, it's two pockets of obstinate retards trying to out-circlejerk each other.
Oughta plug you bastards into a dynamo, because to let all this wasted energy go untapped is practically criminal.

Nobody is here to read your Disqus flame war bullshit.
You're gay? I don't give a shit.
You hate gays? I don't give a shit.
Nobody does. Virtually nobody on the entire goddamn planet.
>>
>>50126134
And you can keep being triggered until the day you die because the homos are tainting the morality of society, or something.
>>
>>50126146
> THIS
/thread
>>
>>50126146
>You're gay? I don't give a shit.
>You hate gays? I don't give a shit.

Interesting choice then, coming into the thread when you don't care about the topic
>>
I wonder if we would still have these arguments if everyone was gender/sexless shapeshifters.
>>
>>50126146
I'm just incredibly amused that people would decide to go into a thread that they are so triggered by.
>>
>>50126154
I know it's been a long time since you saw the OP, but that's not actually the thread topic.
>>
>>50123484

>ctrl+f
>no oglaf
>just Oglaf man.

Might be silly, but it's a fantasy world were LGBTs existence is taken for granted. No kind of oppression nor propaganda, just because nobody is being a bitch about it.
>>
>>50126134
Anu other fallacies, while you're at it?
>>
>>50126151
No, Faggots are just acting like giant petulant children who can't live with out attention from others and must constantly scream and whine and bring up their sexuality at any time or place (like the traditional gaming board). I don't hate homosexuals, I just hate you /lgbt/ faggots and i hope you all contract super aids or something and die horribly in pain.
>>
>>50126164
Yes, we would.

Unless they have a telepathic way of automatially knowing who they're talking to, shapeshifter society can only function if everyone has a few favored forms or some way to distinguish themselves from each other. Meaning people would still argue about gender, people being tailfags, etc.

Alternatively you go Great Link shapeshifters from Star Trek, but at that point you're not really playing a character anymore
>>
>>50123484

No. People who would deliberately play that way are either a) gay and wanting to exercise that in in-game interactions (thus making things awkward - there's precious little about sexuality in a dungeon crawl, this introducing it means that the PLAYERS point is "acknowledge that im gay!"), or b) looking to practice an ideology. Either way, the players are the cancer, not the setting, system or characters themselves.
>>
>>50126185
/tg/ shouldn't contain any subjects? Ok.

Lets torp discussion about political power. This includes revolution and rebellion and franchices that revolve around them.

Violence? That's a choice, isn't it? Let's not question nor include it in our games.

Good vs. Evil? Get out of here, moralfag.
>>
What this thread is telling me is that a bunch of people play combat-only campaigns and have precious few social aspects to their campaigns.
>>
>>50126113
Which is a personal immaturity I've had to deal with in the past, but I've since developed a system for stemming that problem.

If the person builds a character backstory based on that idea I ask them more detailed questions of their backstory like: "Who is your rival?" or "How did you end up in the Carrion Company?" which gets them to think of their characters as people separate from themselves.

If they begin to brazenly bring their sexuality into the game to where it becomes a distraction, and I also do this with bards, such as "Hitting on quest givers", "Trying to RP them going to a brothel", "Contunally hitting on PCs who are not interested in RPing that" I pull them aside and let them know that they are being disruptive to the group. If they continue then I will have to kick them out.
>>
>>50123769
Your problem is you're trying to reason with a crazy person
>>
>>50123743
What about that belt of sex changery or Perm polymorph?
>>
>>50123814
>>50123828
LGBT culture is a counter-culture. It would not exist if mainstream culture never rejected them.
>>
>>50126208
You could day the same about any character trait beyond the statline. Which means it doesn't neccessarily come up at any point, but it still helps to make the character more three dimensional.

Unless the DM is a metaphorical faggot and decides to punish the player for RP choices. Like persecution including magical gaydars. Not that different from character having family members for DM to kidnap.
>>
>>50124696
>assuming the players weren't absolutely obtuse

You are giving them a ton of credit.
>>
>>50123906
I thought that was how you normally spelt elf? You understood anyway.
>>
>>50126287
And the thing is that a lot of the time, gay characters are one dimensional. There's nothing whatsoever beyond them being gay.

What are the character's hopes and dreams? How did they get into adventuring? Where do they come from in the setting? What have they been through in the past?
None of that matters, they're just gay as fuck and want the whole world to know about it.
>>
Im a guy and i made a girl character. A player told me before the game that im "so progressive" for playing a female character." later i had to ride on the back of another players gryphon, the dm said that "yeah he can ride bitch"

What's the appropriate reaction
>>
>>50126392
Source: your ass
Next thing you're going to tell me is that, unannounced until just now, that you have actually played with an incredible amount of people who made one-dimensional homosexual characters an therefore are an authority on the issue
>>
>>50125677
>Diversity checklist
I dunno man. I have a campaign with more than a dozen NPCs. One is gay because each NPC is assigned a decent number of traits to help distinguish them. Distinct voices, jobs, quirks, interests, races, so on and so forth. There's a mute orphan that paints and wanders the woods, a old widower dwarf with a construct house, a bartender happily married to an elf and seeking weird new species to cook, and the gay mayor unhappily married who spends most of his time keeping secrets about the town or reading shitty romance novels. And so on, and so forth. Just little tidbits for PCs to maybe remember, or not, that makes NPCs distinct. So yeah, diversity helps, even if it's a relatively trivial detail.
>>
>>50126287

You missed my point. It aint the characters, its the players. You could play the most flamboyant bard ever, but if the player is boring, the bard is too.

As I stated, players who play LGBT characters tend to either be awkward or because they seek to practice an ideology. Either way, they are the kryptonite of fun. Fuck that.
>>
>m-muh /pol/

>M-muh tumblr.

<M-muh Reddit.

I don't know why people always try to play with this. It's not like you lose your 4chan, all access pass for going to other sites. Also, to know how cancer any of these are...you'd have to join these/look these up/go into these sites.

Of course, unless you just dip your head/get your information from a third party, which just reeks of confirmation bias.
>>
>300 replies
>>
File: what.png (16KB, 1106x185px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
16KB, 1106x185px
>>50126590
What?
>>
File: Totally Gay.jpg (360KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Totally Gay.jpg
360KB, 707x1000px
>>50123484
Yes.

But not on /tg/.
>>
File: triggered-22.png (228KB, 600x524px) Image search: [Google]
triggered-22.png
228KB, 600x524px
>>50123888
>>tells me there are no gay spells and a weapon is generally asexual and thus can't be attracted to the same sex or anything for that matter
no. just no. fuck ur dehumanization of aspecies, polyspecies & anthroromantic-identifying wymyn!!!! OMG DON'T YOU SEE THAT EXPLOITING PARASPECIES-IDENTIFYING EQUALISTS IS PROBLEMATIC, YOU ABLE-BODY-ELITIST BASEMENT DWELLER?????? WHY THE FUCK DO YOU LABEL GENDERLESS-ALIGNED TRANSMEN?????? ACCEPT THAT OBESITY STANDARDS IS LITERALLY A TRIGGER FOR ME!!!!!! now go away. LIGHT YOURSELF ON FIRE, YOU BODY-SHAMING POLYSEXUAL-SHAMING, CIS-ELITIST ASSIMILATIONIST
>>
>>50125035
3 hours ago?

That was me.
>>
File: -4 str +2 int +2 cha +10 mad.png (1MB, 800x1178px) Image search: [Google]
-4 str +2 int +2 cha +10 mad.png
1MB, 800x1178px
>>50126655
I'm a lesbian.

I make rape jokes with the males, whom I consider close friends, with whom I game with and gamemaster for, and I am not afraid of being raped.

What now?
>>
>>50123484

>without it descending into a /pol/ vs The SJW Boogyman shitshow?

You can always try acting like reasonable adults I guess.
>>
>>50126618
Or anywhere on the Internet. Period.
>>
>>50123484
It depends on the setting and the players. Two my regulars are fags and it rarely in the six years I've been playing with them has come up. There was one time in a fantasy Victorian London setting where one RPed an Oscar Wilde type character and it felt really natural. It was a taboo, that made thing more difficult for him in certain ways and made it easier for him when it came to doing things like romancing a closeted mortician who was so worried that the player would out him that he let the party in to steal a few corpses.

On the other hand there are people who make their sexuality overbearing and omnipresent, who get annoyed when the setting doesn't bend over backwards to accommodate them. I've only had one such player in a campaign I was in. I had been invited by a friend who was short a player for his Wild West setting and there was this one guy from San Fran that was just about the most annoying ass hat I've ever had the displeasure of playing with.
>>
>>50123484
If you do it right, you'll scarcely notice, if you notice at all, until they flirt with a guy. Or whatever
>>
>>50123484
yes, lesbians are easily integrated into fantasy for nerds
>>
>>50123541
t. asexual
>>
>>50123484
Really, it's pretty awkward to include in fantasy settings. This >>50123528 is about as good as you'll get without seeming like you're shoehorning it in. The least awkward way to include them is a player character making his well written character gay for the hell of it, and getting up to crazy hijinks because the local villages now want to burn a party member for being a sodomite or whatever dumb shit.
>>
>>50126701
You have internalized misogyny.
>>
>>50124142
>fantasy settings can't include oppression and religious zealotry
simply ebin
>>
>>50123619
>my mfw

Fuck off
>>
>>50124058
>/pol/ doesn't show up
>actively tries to bait out /pol/
Just goes to show that /pol/ and /lgbt/ are the same side of the stupid identity politics coin
>>
File: anon.gif (61KB, 400x313px) Image search: [Google]
anon.gif
61KB, 400x313px
>>50127308
your yfw
>>
See game of thrones, imagine it then in tabletop without the porn etc
>>
>>50127283
checkmate
>>
>>50123484
no, heroes and adventurers don't have time for on-screen relationships
>>
>>50123528
But anon, if you don't make a setting specifically catering to the LGBTYXZ++*LALAHOMO community, centering entirely around their characters' gender identity and sexual preference, how will they ever feel included?

A gay wizard can't be indistinguishable from a straight one, not can he be inferior, because that's problematic. An asexual lesbian transnigger orc bard must always roll a Nat 20, else you're triggering them.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 267x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 267x500px
I am gonna include lesbian catgirls and none of you can stop me.
>>
>>50128808
A whole race of lesbian catgirls?
>>
>>50124058
Maybe /pol/ isn't as prevalent on /tg/ as your paranoid ass believes it is.
Thread posts: 309
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.