[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Highest Fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 6

File: necrostar.jpg (4MB, 2178x2154px) Image search: [Google]
necrostar.jpg
4MB, 2178x2154px
Hello, fellow fa/tg/uys. I'm in the middle of a late night writing spree and could use some helpful discussion.
I made an original setting for 5e and we are near level 20/endgame. From the beginning, the party knew something meta was going on (ominous visions, prophets of endtimes) and I've thrown in lore from different dimensions/timelines, including an astronaut npc they met. They are now finding out that all that has been leading to he PCs facing down the Evil nature of this reality.
But I'm sort of drawing a blank on how to move them to the end. The Big Bad is the Capital-G God, Creator, who is evil as shit and has fucked the world over since the dawn of time and has succeeded multiple times in wiping out life. Not really sure how DND characters can compete against that...
Should I have them fight "manifestations" or "avatars" until he's lost his power? I've set him up calling the Sun his home, and sending the corruption to earth, thus calling himself The Necrostar. Maybe something involving curing the sun?

I don't know.
TL;DR How does a lvl20 party fight an Abrahamic evil God?
>>
File: 1434167435776.jpg (94KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1434167435776.jpg
94KB, 1191x670px
I've set up the idea of paradoxes fucking with the Creator's original plans. The Astronaut found this Earth by dimension-hopping, which he discovered to actually be time-traveling. He crossed to a new dimension that happened to be exactly the same as his, but billions of years in the future.
Fucked up reality a bit. I had originally planned on the Astronaut leaving again to go back in time to make things better, only to start the events that make it so shitty, but one Charisma build PC seduced him and talked him into stay.
Another paradox. Made the Creator lose more control. Should they brainstorm up paradoxes to break reality enough to affect him?
>>
File: Zak_Finito2.jpg (1014KB, 7200x5400px) Image search: [Google]
Zak_Finito2.jpg
1014KB, 7200x5400px
The Necrostar communicates with the living world through a prophet NPC, who teases the PCs, but them being lawful good, haven't attacked the messenger who hasn't really done anything. I could have her become an avatar and more direct vessel of the Necrostar's power to fuck up some shit, drawing the PCs out to attack her and maybe figure out a way to hurt the Necrostar through that fight.
I did give them Irridium, small green radiated minerals that counteract the Necrostar's purple energy. But nuking the Sun would be crazy. And kind of a let down of a climax to just fly a bomb into the sun. There's no big fight involved or anything. Idk, maybe there doesn't have to be.

pic related, the party.
>>
File: khal.png (3MB, 857x1250px) Image search: [Google]
khal.png
3MB, 857x1250px
Several groups of clerics from different religions as well as scholars and sages have started a philosophy club that discusses the nature of reality based on what the PCs have discovered. Every time they make a break through in learning about what's really going on, they either receive a jarring vision of the doom to come, or some shit hits the fan (horde of magma zombies erupt from the volcano right next to town).
The more they understand, the angrier God gets. Maybe enlightenment would allow them to transcend physical shackles and take on the God of Gods. If they did that, what would he be like? A high level caster with special Lair abilities? Every class? A puzzle fight? Not sure if anyone's had experience with this kind of endgame.
>>
File: astronauts.jpg (164KB, 732x1091px) Image search: [Google]
astronauts.jpg
164KB, 732x1091px
The true agenda of Khal, the Creator, is hidden from the PCs. But he's also just a manifestation of the people who created this horribly evil world. We wanted to play a "Hard-Mode" dnd campgain where only the strongest survive. If you don't have player levels, you're dead. Goblins of this world are four-armed trolls.
The idea is that an old chaotic evil party we've played in the past ended a campaign by destroying, then creating a universe. They made it horrible and fucked up on purpose in hopes of forcing Heroes to be forged and overcome the evil in their paths (much like the evil party overcame Good) and make the world a truly Good place. Better than the one they were from where such foul things were allowed to happen.
>>
File: khal3.jpg (296KB, 1131x1600px)
khal3.jpg
296KB, 1131x1600px
Well these evil creators made a deal with the guy who created them that whoever made the best universe by a deadline gets to be "reality" permanently. After hearing about past heroes failing and only being meant to allow the PCs to exist, it would be crushing to realize that even the PCs lives and accomplishes are just a part of some bet.
But the idea is that they can break out of that context and use this endtimes opportunity to start a new future, a brighter one, where Good triumphs over evil, not the other way around like they've always known.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.