[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ shadowrun general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 38

File: magpiefight.jpg (178KB, 1184x494px) Image search: [Google]
magpiefight.jpg
178KB, 1184x494px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>mob_pixie.txt
>stealth_naga.avi
>troll_face.btl
Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 665 (89% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, we're short one for the next run'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

>Shoot with a periscope rifle
>I hate ammo, dispose of it as quickly as possible
>Fuck dragons. Literally or figuratively, your choice.
Non-standard character concepts edition!
>>
File: 1478302938246.png (943KB, 789x796px) Image search: [Google]
1478302938246.png
943KB, 789x796px
Live you piece of shit
>>
2nd, for my team is incompetent and can't even egg a house properly.
>>
>Hey guys I just found out that grenades are cheap! We should all use them!
>5 minutes later.
>WHY IS THERE A HIGH RESPONSE TEAM

this keeps happening in games i'm in why does this keep happening
>>
>>50108085
Because your troll isn't a Sempai-level face.

And so the security notices the group, instead of wanting the troll to notice them.
>>
>>50108085
Smoke and gas grenades only.

Save the big splosions for if the HTR is already on its way because of your other mistakes.
>>
>>50107588
Anyone got advice for building a troll or ork decker? I know that log is kinda important which I presume would be a big issue with them.
>>
>>50107588
>Non-standard character concepts edition!
Technocritters.
>>
>>50108308
It's not too bad. You can save on attribute points by leaving those ones that get boosts for at or near their minimums.
>>
>>50108308
Find other ways to increase your dice pool.

People get too hung up on logic for the decker and charisma for the face, but you won't automatically die with 2 less dice, so long as that's not a large chunk of your dice pool.
>>
>>50108308
Get some spare cable taps, keep a spare Induction mod if you haven't hardwired that into your deck, and generally always try to get a direct connection when ever you deal with anything on a big and important run.

It'll get you that first mark easy, and from there you can get in and get directly connected to everything slaved to the host.

Perfect Timing helps, always try and end your action in a high stealth, high firewall setup.
>>
>>50108308
Go adept. Cybercombat isn't actually a "combat skill" it's pretty cheap to get bonuses to that and hacking.
>>
>>50108428
That reminds me. Even if you go Adept, consider fitting a Datajack and rating 1 cyberears, with three Antenna installations into later purchases. That's 3 guaranteed Noise Reduction, one situational, and then you can get more from your programs and matrix actions if you need it.

Because you can't always get a direct connection and you want a nice thwack of noise reduction, Justin Case.
>>
>>50108344
You joke about that...
>>
>>50108428
Whether or not a skill is combat or non-combat is only relevant in 4e, 5e improved ability is one size fits all, you're only limited in that it can't be taken for magical skill for some grud damn reason.
>>
>>50108543
Sorry, I was trying to keep the advice general but apparently not general enough.
>>
>>50108634
Nothing to apologize for, just thought I'd add extra info.
>>
I want to try and make Geralt in Shadowrun. Should I go Mystic Adept, or just Adept with the Adept Spell technique? Which do you think would hit a Witcher's flavor better?
>>
>>50108084
Do I smell a story?
>>
>>50109450
Eh, one minor act of terrorism. Everything turned out ok in the end.
>>
I tried making an adept decker. My concept in mind was an adept decker that could rival a coldsim/hotsim decker in terms of initiative, have some infiltration and weapon skills, and an amount of edge to fall back on. Overall, I feel like I did a terrible job. Any advice would be appreciated
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3HQNR4y9nLxNEpPSGZobkFWdG8
>>
>>50109382
Which parts of Geralt do you want to focus on? Super-senses, combat skills, potions, poisons, or Signs?

Because for me, Signs are easily the least-relevant to the concept (and therefore easiest to trim away entirely) but that might not be the case for you.

Anyway, I'd go Adept and ignore Adept Spell entirely, because it's a trap option. I'd take Improved Reflexes 3 and Astral Perception, a level of Combat Sense with the remaining .5 PP, and take 1 Essence worth of 'ware focusing specifically on a Nephritic Screen.

Then I'd pick up a weapon focus sword and take combat drugs the way Geralt takes potions.

Add poisons on your blade and toss grenades to flavor.
>>
>>50110186
You should focus on Improved Ability for an adept decker. Don't try to be 'an adept,' just focus your adept powers on having ridiculous hacking dice pools.

Unless you're going for 'physical infiltrator who also hacks,' but that's a different story entirely.
>>
File: mikhail-rakhmatullin-girl-exo-7s.jpg (287KB, 1244x1920px) Image search: [Google]
mikhail-rakhmatullin-girl-exo-7s.jpg
287KB, 1244x1920px
I wish that Shadowrun had powered armor - or powered armatures, at least.

I'm going to talk to my GM about putting a rigger cocoon into an anthroform drone and fluffing it as being some kind of powered armor, either piloted in meatspace with Walker or jumping in with a control rig for direct neural stuff.
>>
>>50110222
I was focusing on the latter actually
>>
>>50110203
I'll do just that, thanks Anon!
>>
I greatly look forward to seeing how long I can survive as a principled Zoroastrian punchadept with Dragonslayer mentor spirit

Remember, there is good and there is evil. Not taking a side is just as bad as taking the evil side.
>>
>>50108344

Daily reminder that Technocritters are double garbage.
>>
>>50110247

That almost sounds like a mech.

Also couldn't a cyber war chassis just be how you fluff the look of your cyber arms?
>>
>>50111323
Not really. Even if it's drilled into your arm flesh, cyber arms are replacements.
>>
What systems, besides Shadowrun itself, have you used to run the Shadowrun setting?
>>
>>50110247
Doesn't it? Mil-spec armor is basically powered armor, at least in the ways I've seen it portrayed.
>>
File: 1475468493707.png (519KB, 1024x452px) Image search: [Google]
1475468493707.png
519KB, 1024x452px
>>50107588
Help me fill out my list of Special and Nationalist Forces, /srg/. This is what I have so far:

I imagine most governmental special forces are still around, but I only have a couple of specified examples:
>Mossad are still active in Isreal; are bad, bad motherfuckers
>Peshmerga are the national defense forces of Kurdistan, neat thing there
>NAN: Sioux Wildcats and Salish Rangers
>Tirs: TT has the Ghosts, TNN has the Tir Republican Corps
>England: the Templars, though they're in the Shadows now
>Germany: KSK as Eiger describes them

Corporate:
>Most generic Corporations have in-house HTR teams
>Seraphim from CAT
>Ares: Firewatch
>Aztechnology: Jaguar Warriors (elite corporate guard unit), Eagle Warriors (100% Awakened and have really neat-looking powered armor, otherwise Mexican SEALs), Brave Ones (basically Ghosts but their families are killed because Azzies), and Shorn Ones (elite pairs that are just the bestest of the best ever)
>Renraku: Red Samurai (Gaichu a best)
>Shiawase: MIFD, though they're more of an intelligence agency
>MCT: Research Unit 13, really mysterious and only like, 12 of 'em
>Horizon: Dawkins Group, social infiltrators, media experts, and assassins who kill memetic patterns, Jack

What am I missing?
>>
File: 01_Street_Sam.png (111KB, 1253x841px) Image search: [Google]
01_Street_Sam.png
111KB, 1253x841px
I'm new to shadowrun and I wanted to play a Street sammy in a game I just joined. Can you tell me if this character would be okay or if he is too incompetent to be a good character?

(1/2)
>>
File: 02_Street_Sam.png (106KB, 1253x707px) Image search: [Google]
02_Street_Sam.png
106KB, 1253x707px
>>50112139
>>
File: god dam it.jpg (127KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
god dam it.jpg
127KB, 960x540px
How hard hitting would the local police be if two gangs fought each other in a local mcdonalds/stuffer shack?

would they focus on subsiding the conflict, focus on keeping some alive to arrest for questioning, or would they just try to exterminate anyone in the conflict that looks like they might shoot?
>>
>>50112760
What's the lifestyle of the neighbourhood?
>>
File: forecast.jpg (67KB, 554x540px) Image search: [Google]
forecast.jpg
67KB, 554x540px
>>50112855
Pretty shit. outer/greater london, Security class C, considering this is nothing more then a food fight/protection in a food fight.
only notable detail about the neighbourhood is a Horizon subsidaried nightclub is nearby the vicinity, however security there is generally restricted to said nightclub under contract so the fast food shop is relying on a c class level of HTR team, paid by an overly paranoid manager afraid of the local gangs hitting him for being in that unfortunate divide between gang territories. contracted by lonestar of course. There's no real need for the nightclub to help the streets unless its THAT bad right? besides, a food shop closing would only mean said nightclub can start selling its extortionate alcoholic soy-snacks even more.
>>
>>50111601
Nah, it doesn't change or enhance your actual strength or movement speed or anything. It has the look of powered armor, but none of the practical thematics.
>>
File: mikhail-rakhmatullin-girl-exo-6s.jpg (207KB, 1244x1920px) Image search: [Google]
mikhail-rakhmatullin-girl-exo-6s.jpg
207KB, 1244x1920px
>>50111323
>Also couldn't a cyber war chassis just be how you fluff the look of your cyber arms?
Sure, the look. But that's just the aesthetic, at that point, with you unable to take the powered armor, you know, off.
>>
>>50110247
In Shadowrun 4e there was the Iron Will:
>Iron Will: iron Will is an exoskeleton used to augment
>the user’s strength for laborious tasks. it is 2.5 meters tall
>and weighs 200 kg. it has no autonomy, nor was it built
>for any remote piloting. When worn, treat the wearer’s
>strength as 8, but reduce their agility by 1. Iron Will can be
>treated as a vehicle for upgrades.

IRON WILL
Handl Accel Speed Pilot Body Arm Sens Avail Cost
+0 —/— 0 0 6 4 1 14 3,500¥

You could translate that into SR5 stats somehow
>>
>>50113358
Hey, that's pretty slick. What book was that in?
>>
>>50113377
Attitude p.171
>>
>>50112139
>initiative 9+1d6
>those stats
It's shit.
>>
>>50112139
Your character is hyper-incompetent
1. Your attributes are hyper minmaxed, while not illegal it's in poor taste
2. No initiative booster. You need Wired Reflexes or Synaptic Boosters to boost your initiative
3. Your cyberlimbs are fucked, they should be customized and enhanced way more. They are currently hurting you more than they are helping.
>>
File: PANIC.gif (383KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
PANIC.gif
383KB, 269x270px
>>50113619
Alright so
1. Should I boost non physical stats, draining from Agility, Body, Constitution and Strenght?
2. I guess I'll need to get either Wired reflexes or Synaptic Boosters
3. Thing is, there's only so much you can buy with 2000 Nuyen per karma point. Should I drain some skills to purchase more nuyen with karma or is there a better alternative?
>>
File: 1463968304564.jpg (363KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1463968304564.jpg
363KB, 1200x1600px
>>50111151
There is good, there is evil, and there are all these crimes I commit to pay rent, which definitely aren't evil.
>>
>>50113693
I'm working on it. Please wait warmly.
>>
>>50113085
>There's no real need for the nightclub to help the streets unless its THAT bad right?
Unless it crosses to the nightclub, there's no need for corpsec to get involved at all, period.

That's the reality of the sixth world - if you're corpsec, you would probably shout at your own mother to cross the fucking road in a gunfight before you step into foreign territory to help her. (if she can't, you might risk losing your job to save her, but that will vary)

Class C will have pistols, rifles, any kind of melee weapons, drugs, etc visible on the streets with next to no law enforcement unless it's time to bash trogs & fill quotas. Threats of violence are common, but actual use isn't, unless patrols are somewhere else. At night security drops further, and gangs break out automatics with few repercussions. Milspec arms & armour, weaponised cyberware, explosives, etc are still cause for the area to be cordoned off and HTR to crack skulls.
>>
>>50113693
>3. Thing is, there's only so much you can buy with 2000 Nuyen per karma point. Should I drain some skills to purchase more nuyen with karma or is there a better alternative?
You should be spending an amount of money in the hundreds of thousands of nuyen on a Street Samurai, yes.

>1. Should I boost non physical stats, draining from Agility, Body, Constitution and Strenght?
Ignore the hater, starting with poor Logic and Charisma in something as attribute-intense as a frontline combatant is fine - just make sure you increase them later, in play. It can be an opportunity to show character growth, even.

That said, Intuition and Reaction are your two most important attributes, not all that other shit.
>>
File: Ork1.png (76KB, 1241x930px) Image search: [Google]
Ork1.png
76KB, 1241x930px
>>50113693
>>50113817
my.mixtape.moe/hzvweb.chum5
There!

Karma expendures:
Edge 1->2 10
Athletics SG 0->1 5
Sneaking 0->1 2
Pilot 0->1 2
Nuyen 5

6 karma leftover.
>>
File: Ork2.png (87KB, 1259x779px) Image search: [Google]
Ork2.png
87KB, 1259x779px
>>50114371
part 2 and text-only.
http://pastebin.com/9GPaXpwK
>>
>>50114371
>>50114377
But now he doesn't have cyber blade implants, which was the one thing I would've liked the character to have...

>>50114343
How much Int and reaction should I have, compared to Agility, which is needed to be good at shanking people with cyberblades?
>>
>>50114450
>How much Int and reaction should I have, compared to Agility, which is needed to be good at shanking people with cyberblades?
Your Intuition should be 6 and your Reaction should be 5, ideally. Losing 1 or 2 dice in a bigass stabbing-people dice pool isn't a world-ending bad deal, but a few points of Intuition and Reaction can be the difference between getting 2 initiative passes or 3.
>>
>>50114473
Roger dodger.

And regarding the cyberblades, which would slide out of the character's arm to slice and dice his enemies with: are they still viable or are guns better?
>>
>>50114450
You have enough karma to buy your cyberspurs. Easy fix.
>>
>>50114541
Both. Cyberblades are viable. Carry a gun anyway.
>>
>>50111642
Burgers have SEAL teams, bongs have SAS and SBS. S-K has Drake Prime.
>>
>>50114571
Cyberspurs- yes: but I don't see any cyberlimbs on the recommended character sheet.
>>
File: tumblr_ofj7zpZOsM1rbzk2mo1_1280.jpg (101KB, 736x1228px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofj7zpZOsM1rbzk2mo1_1280.jpg
101KB, 736x1228px
>>50114343
>poor Logic and Charisma
He's literally a combat autist. Dicepool of 0 in every technical and social skill is atrocious.
>>50114541
Cyberspurs aren't super bad as far as melee goes, but guns are always better for a variety of reasons.
>>50114601
The cyberware loadout he's given you wouldn't have enough Essence to fit cyberlimbs in, and as is cyberlimbs are rather awful. Spurs don't need to be installed in a cyberlimb though.
>>
>>50114601
Why bother with cyberlimbs?
>>
>>50114202
so average joe cop patrol who will just beat and arrest to fill quota but the HTR will respond if they get told or find out heavy duty equipment are involved.
Say customers are stuck in the zone. Would they be detained and possibly arrested too to fill quota or would they not take the risk?
>>
>>50114648

Possibly arrest everyone, sort it out later
>>
>>50114634
>Dicepool of 0 in every technical and social skill is atrocious.
Dice pool of 2 or 3 in all of them ain't any better, to be frank. If he's going to be shit either way, there's no reason not to go all the way.
>>
>>50114343
>Ignore the hater, starting with poor Logic and Charisma in something as attribute-intense as a frontline combatant is fine - just make sure you increase them later, in play. It can be an opportunity to show character growth, even.

That's fair, just as long as you remember to roleplay accordingly. Your character literally has downs, so act like you have trouble with anything that isn't "GOR BASH THAT DUDE".
>>
>>50114702
>Your character literally has downs, so act like you have trouble with anything that isn't "GOR BASH THAT DUDE".
Fuck off. Didn't you shit up the last thread enough, you colossal faggot?
>>
>>50114702
>Your character literally has downs, so act like you have trouble with anything that isn't "GOR BASH THAT DUDE".
Just like we told you last thread, no, being that level of retarded would be represented by some Logic-equivalent of the Uncouth Quality, not by Logic 1.
>>
>>50114713

Yes, but the person who came up with the sheet clearly wasn't in that thread, or he wouldn't have suggested a build with 1 cha and log.
>>
>>50114665
A character with a pool of 0 in a skill automatically fails any checks for that skill unless they spend Edge. They may not be retarded, but in any circumstance beyond simply surviving day-to-day in the sprawl, they're in trouble.
>>
>>50114717

No, that's would only add on his mental retardation, to the point where he couldn't figure out how to operate a salad fork.
>>
File: Arguing in Circles.jpg (101KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
Arguing in Circles.jpg
101KB, 638x479px
>>50114756
Except Logic isn't a measure of whether or not you're retarded, it's your cold rational thinking, used in situations like mechanical engineering and medicine. He has Intuition out the ass, his natural ability to think and handle situations on gut instinct is great.

But letting you shit up two threads in a row with the same dumb 'argument' isn't worth watching you make a fool of yourself.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (87KB, 636x501px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
87KB, 636x501px
>>50114796

Yes, intuition represents things like insight and instinct; it's mostly subconcious. A mentally deficient individual can still be insightful, but no less a retard.

Even street scum gangbangers have a logic of 2. If you're going with a logic of 1, you're going with a serious flaw. Make sure your decision is well thought out.
>>
>>50114702
He has tons of Intuition and Willpower. His Memory tests are at normal human average, even.

He's not retarded, he's just bad at 'book smarts' Logic stuff, like computer programming, medicine, or hermetic magic.

The shit you're talking about - understanding of basic-ass shit like 'using tools' or 'tying shoes' - is covered by Intuition, not Logic. And shit like having a functional ability to remember things is just as much about Willpower as it is about Logic.

He's someone with a disciplined mind, an intuitive understanding of the world, and great gut instincts. He's just bad at Logic-oriented problem solving and in-depth understanding of mechanics and other detailed processes.
>>
>>50114860
>>50114702
And then 10 karma later he buys a point of Logic and suddenly no longer has downs syndrome?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>50114656
so arrest free them when its obvious they havent actually done anything.
>>
>>50114864
>He has tons of Intuition and Willpower. His Memory tests are at normal human average, even.

Yes, that was established. He has good insticts, and a lot of strength of will, but he's a retard.

>He's not retarded, he's just bad at 'book smarts' Logic stuff, like computer programming, medicine, or hermetic magic.

You just described a retard. Someone who has trouble thinking rationally is mentally deficient. A retard.

>The shit you're talking about - understanding of basic-ass shit like 'using tools' or 'tying shoes' - is covered by Intuition, not Logic. And shit like having a functional ability to remember things is just as much about Willpower as it is about Logic.

No, intuition covers using your senses and judging things subconciously. Using tools is either covered by a physical attribute, or with logic when used in conjunction with a technical task. Figuring out how to tie shoelaces is a rational problem, and thus covered by Logic.

>He's someone with a disciplined mind, an intuitive understanding of the world, and great gut instincts. He's just bad at Logic-oriented problem solving and in-depth understanding of mechanics and other detailed processes.

In other words, a retard. An insightful retard, but still a retard.
>>
>>50114918

>And then 10 karma later he buys a point of Logic and suddenly no longer has downs syndrome?

Yes, just like he can spend 10 points of karma to raise his strength and no longer lose an arm-wrestling match to a 10-year-old.

Hell, he can even spend karma to get rid of actual negative qualities.
>>
>>50114923
Get a trip so people can filter you.
>>
>>50114923
Fuck off.
>>
>>50114958
>>50114960

Stop giving new players bad min-maxy advice, and we have a deal.
>>
>>50114970
Stop lying to people about what Attribute 1 represents, and stop giving them terrible mechanical advice.

Fuck off, you massive piece of shit.
>>
>>50114954
NORMAL humans range from 1 to 6.
Retards are not normal. They're retards.
Log 1 is like of a hillbilly with a poor education.

>>50114702
>you have trouble with anything that isn't "GOR BASH THAT DUDE"
No, languages are Int-based.
>>
>>50114981

>Stop lying to people about what Attribute 1 represents,

I've only told them that it represents a serious disability, which is completely true.

>and stop giving them terrible mechanical advice.

You stop minmaxing, and coming up with terrible justification for it.
>>
>>50114991
> like of a
Like a*
>>
>>50114993
>I've only told them that it represents a serious disability, which is completely true.
[Citation Needed]
Show me anywhere in literally any book where 1 is described as a 'serious disability' rather than being described as within the normal human range of attributes.

Give me a citation, or stop lying and fuck off.
>>
>>50114993
>paying 10 Karma for the Roleplaying Tax instead of 25 makes you a dirty minmaxer, how dare you know how the system works
>>
>>50114991
>NORMAL humans range from 1 to 6.

No, the book states that human attributes range from 1 to 6, it says nothing about normality.

If your attribute score drops below 1, you're completely incapable of acting.
>>
>>50114993
>it represents a serious disability
No it is not. It is a flaw but within normal metahuman range. Negative Quality: Retarded is a serious disability.
>>
>>50115033

>Negative Quality: Retarded is a serious disability.

No, it would be an extraordinary disability. Having an attribute score of 1 is a serious one.
>>
>>50115058
[Citation Needed]
>>
File: Capture.jpg (28KB, 628x139px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
28KB, 628x139px
>>50115066

Having the lowest score possible is pretty damn serious.
>>
>>50115027
There is an Impaired Attribute metagenic quality, there is an Exceptional Attribute quality. They allow you to have attributes lower/higher than you normally could. Hence, 1-6 is normal; it doesn't matter if you like it or not.
>>
>>50115083
>Having the lowest score possible is pretty damn serious.
According to what? Where in the book does it say that Attribute 1 represents being crippled in some way? Where does it every make having a low Attribute rating represent a serious disability, rather than having serious disabilities represented by Negative Qualities instead?

1 is just the low range of normal. 6 is the high range of normal. If you're retarded - or crippled, or diseased, or hideously antisocial - those are represented by Qualities. If you're exceptional beyond the normal human range in your strength or wits or speed, those are represented by Qualities too.

You're extrapolating shit to suit your own purposes, but have nothing that actually backs you up.
>>
>>50115095

Impaired attribute reduces your maximum, exceptional attribute increases your maximum; they only deal with potentials, which is completely different.

If you raise an attribute above 6, you're within the realm of superhuman. You cannot have a score of lower than 1.
>>
>>50115083
Yes it is. Characters with 1 logic generally have worse memory, cannot default on Log skills, and have a poor Mental Limit. That's it.
>>
that guy's character wouldent be retarded but definitely fucking stupid if he has a log of 1

Even thugs and idiots have a log of 2
>>
>>50115113

Nothing in the book, except for simple beings such as sharks, have a logic score of 1. Nothing in the book outright states that having a score of 1 isn't serious either, it only says that the range is 1-6.

You can look at how disabled a character with str 1 is, he's physically incapable of carrying more than 10 kilos. Pretty. Damn. Serious.
>>
File: log1.jpg (21KB, 511x345px) Image search: [Google]
log1.jpg
21KB, 511x345px
Honestly, i'd imagine having a logic of one would make you an equivalent to ricky from TPB.
>>
>>50115166

Without exerting himself and doing separate tests, that is.
>>
>>50115166
>he's physically incapable of carrying more than 10 kilos
No, he has to make a roll before he can carry more than 10 kilos. You make a Strength + Body test, and gain an additional 10 kilos for every hit. Someone with Strength 1 and Body 3 can just buy hits and still carry 20 kilos without penalty - or about 45 pounds.

Is that below human average? Fucking obviously.

Is it in some way crippled or physically disabled? Fuck no.

That's what someone with Logic 1 and Willpower 3+ would also represent. Someone who's below human average, but no no way mentally disabled.

The examples you're trying to twist into supporting your point do nothing but work against it.
>>
>>50115160
>idiots
Idiocy is a mental condition, anon.
>>
>>50115222
Anon, you're confusing being a dumbass with an actual medically-disagnosed mental disability.

I think that makes you a literal retard.
>>
>>50115221

First off, I reread the rules, and found out it was 15 kilos. My bad on that.

Still, being able to lift only 15 is indeed serious. Can you get lower? Yes, and that's when we get to negative qualities territory. Is having mental capabilities comparable to being only able to carry 15 kilos a serious disability? Yes.
>>
File: 191366.jpg (83KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
191366.jpg
83KB, 1000x1000px
>>50115286
>First off, I reread the rules, and found out it was 15 kilos. My bad on that.
No, you didn't. What the fuck rules are you talking about? The rules are:

>Characters can carry their Strength x 10 kilograms in weight without any sort of test—this is your carrying capacity. Lifting and carrying more calls for a Strength + Body Test. Each hit increases the weight you can carry by another 10 kilograms.

That means a Strength 1, Body 3 person can carry 20 kilograms without even taking a penalty. Furthermore:
>If a character overburdens himself with gear, he suffers encumbrance modifers. For every 15 kilograms (or part thereof) by which you exceed your carrying capacity, you suffer a –1 modifer to your Physical Limit (minimum limit of 1).

That means that someone with Strength 1 and Body 3 - a below-average Strength to be sure - can carry 35 kilograms, just buying a hit instead of rolling, and the only penalty they take on anything is -1 Physical Limit while carrying that heavy load.

For context, 35 kilograms is 77 pounds. That's like carrying a backpack with 9 gallons of water in it.

If you think that your Strength 1 example supports your argument that Logic 1 is some kind of retardation, rather than literally everyone else's argument that Logic 1 is just on the poor range of human normal, then I think you might have Logic 1 - or maybe you sprang for the Quality that makes you retarded.
>>
>>50115286
It's 15kg without any strain.
The mental equivalent would be "can't do math more complex than basic multiplication tables without a calculator".
>>
>>50115380

Ah yes, lifting is 15kg, carrying is 10kg.

>That means a Strength 1, Body 3 person can carry 20 kilograms without even taking a penalty.

This is about strength score, don't bring the body score into it. Yes, you can boost your carrying capacity with your body, and yes, you can buy hits with a total score of 4, good job on picking up on that. If the allegory was too hard for you, we can talk about crushing something instead, which has to do with pure strength. A character with str 1 would have trouble with crushing an aluminium can, which is again a serious disability.

And don't start bringing retarded burger units into this conversation, it serves no purpose.

>>50115395
>can't do math more complex than basic multiplication tables without a calculator

Exactly, and being able to deal with those only after taking a moment to think. That's a serious disability.

Damn I'm glad we're finally getting somewhere.
>>
>>50115554
>This is about strength score, don't bring the body score into it.
Why shouldn't I? Willpower is a component of Memory, the same way Body is a component of Carrying Capacity. Both show that neither is based entirely on Logic nor entirely on Strength. Being deficient in one attribute doesn't make you more than deficient overall.

>Ah yes, lifting is 15kg, carrying is 10kg.
Lifting is an additional 15kg, per point you're willing to let your physical limit slide. Even if you don't manage to buy hits or roll your way to 20kg carry, that's still 25, not 15, that you're carrying with only a -1.

Also, you have a very poor understanding of the average person's math skills. Probably on account of you being retarded.
>>
File: laughing pure maidens.gif (5MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
laughing pure maidens.gif
5MB, 1024x576px
>>50115554
>This is about strength score, don't bring the body score into it.
>Power of a body is only represented by Str and power of a mind is only represented by Log
>>
File: It's Time.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
It's Time.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>>50115554
>A character with str 1 would have trouble with crushing an aluminium can, which is again a serious disability.

Thanks for pulling that out of your ass, it really makes the argument better. If you can pick up 15 kg, you can crumple an empty can. They couldn't crush a full can, probably, but that's pretty fucking hard to do.
>>
>>50115600

>Why shouldn't I? Willpower is a component of Memory, the same way Body is a component of Carrying Capacity. Both show that neither is based entirely on Logic nor entirely on Strength. Being deficient in one attribute doesn't make you more than deficient overall.

I'm sorry, when did we start talking about memory tests? I thought this was about the LOGIC score. Being able to lift extra with A SEPARATE TEST represents your body being able to take the stress of you straining your atrophied muscles. You're still physically disabled.

>Lifting is an additional 15kg, per point you're willing to let your physical limit slide. Even if you don't manage to buy hits or roll your way to 20kg carry, that's still 25, not 15, that you're carrying with only a -1.

Alright, let's go through this together since I was confused before, myself.

>the baseline for lifting weight is 15 kilos per point of strength, anything more than that requires a strength + body test.
>lifting weight above your head, as with clean & jerk, is more difficult. The baseline for lifting weight above the head is 5 kilos per point of Strength.

So, 15 kilos lifting per STR. No additions, nothing extra, just 15kg per STR. If you're lifting above your head, it's 5kg per STR. Anything more than that, and you need to do str+bod test.

>carrying weight is different than lifting weight. Characters can carry STR x 10kg in gear without effort. Additional weight requires a str + bod test, with each hit increasing the maximum by 10kg.

Carrying weight is 10kg per STR, no additions, no substractions, just flat 10kg per a point of STR.
>>
>>50115734
You're kind of stupid, you know that? You can carry "Strength x 10 kilograms" without any kind of test. You can carry an additional 10 kilos per hit you get on a Strength+Body test. You can carry an ADDITIONAL 15 kilos per -1 you're willing to take to your Physical Limit.

You're only looking at Carrying Capacity, not the rules for getting further Encumbered. Both sections are on page 420 of the core rulebook, and one builds off of the other.

Go read the book instead of making shit up and lying to people, you fucking retard.
>>
>make original comments to new player about minmaxing his attributes so extremely
>leave for work
>check phone during break
>thread is again fucked by attribute posting
This is all my fault, chummers.
>>
>>50115806
>This is all my fault, chummers.
I forgive you.
>>
>>50115629

Are you illiterate?

>>50115680

It's the role of the GM to arbitrate the rules when players are minmaxing and rules lawyering. It's true that you can help counteract your disability in strength with a decent body score, just like you can boost your poor reasoning capabilities with a good willpower score when you're trying to do a memory test, but this isn't about either a memory test or a carrying test per se, it's about the attribute scores themselves.
>>
What are the long-lasting effects of combat stim addiciton? Kamikaze, Cram, Jazz, etc are bound to have something bad happen to junkies that depend on it, right?

How does it compare to BTL addiction? Could BTL fuck people up worse or on par with drugs?
>>
>>50115840
>arguing pseudo-intellectually
>calls someone else illiterate after being completely fucking unable to read the encumbrance rules
>being this retarded
>>
>>50115852
It just follows the normal drug addiction/burnout rules. The more addictive a thing is, the faster the death spiral is. Feel free to fluff the lost Willpower and Body however you want, but that's the only mechanical effect.

That said, BTL is only mental. It'll turn you into a mentally-broken, Willpower 0 shell of a human, but it won't fuck up your body. Only your own neglect of your own health will do that.
>>
>>50113317
Can't you get upgrades that make it power armor? From what I remember in the 2D Storytime, both Dervish's armor and Locke's armor were described as having servos and increasing their strength somewhat.
>>
>>50115903
>Can't you get upgrades that make it power armor?
Not that I know of, but that was 4e, not 5e, so I'm far from an expert.
>>
>>50115776
>>50115857

Yes, I was oversimplifying because the comparison to str is supposed to be a comparison, not a direct equivalent. Does the book have a rule for 'mental encumberance'?
>>
>>50115927
>Does the book have a rule for 'mental encumberance'?
Approximately, yes. Memory tests and mental limits.

Which Logic, like Strength, is a component of, but by no means the only component.
>>
>>50115852
If you want to know about the Crunch effects see
>>50115886

For Fluff i'd guess that it's the same as with an Amphetamine addiction in real life. Jitteryness, Paranoia, Lack of concentration, maybe Lethargy when too long sind the last dose
>>
File: Drugs.gif (409KB, 800x612px) Image search: [Google]
Drugs.gif
409KB, 800x612px
>>50115852
There's a negative quality in either Chrome Flesh or Data Trails that is specifically about BTL abuse- basically you've overwritten your own personality so much that without a BTL to shape and guide you, there's not much independent thought going on. It's not necessary, you can follow general drug addiction rules for BTL, but it gives you an idea of what it's like.
>>
>>50115949

Exactly. Strength is a component of a lifting test, just as logic is a component of a memory test. This discussion is not about doing poorly in a carrying test or a memory test, it's about having a serious disability in one of the attributes. Yes, it's true that you can still do well in tests where the impaired attribute is just one of the components, but the stat itself is still impaired.

Strength and Logic are both clearly defined in the book. If you're doing something related to those scores that don't have a direct applicable test in the book for which the stat would be only one of the components, you should do extremely poorly at it. For example, crushing an aluminium can.
>>
>>50115886
>>50115990
>>50116007

Sounds nasty, it's exactly the kind of info that I wanted to check

Thanks, guys
>>
File: opinions and facts.jpg (59KB, 478x307px) Image search: [Google]
opinions and facts.jpg
59KB, 478x307px
>>50116048
Nice job backpedaling and shifting that goalpost. Moving back from 'literally retarded' or 'mentally disabled' now that you've realized how fucking wrong you are, and instead settling on 'seriously impaired.'

Fuck off. You already lost the argument, but have too pathetic of an ego to just walk away, so now you're trying to settle in on something that still feels like a win.

Nobody agrees with you, the book doesn't agree with you, and you're making the thread worse by your very presence.

You're bad, and you should feel bad.
>>
File: BTL.jpg (54KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
BTL.jpg
54KB, 640x400px
>>50116007
Blank Slate, it's in Chrome Flesh.

>The character in question has abused personasofts to the degree they no longer have an original personality. They enter a near-fugue state, having nearly no willpower of their own. They are easily led unless they have a personasoft running to give them a personality. This can come with or without Amnesia (p. 152, Run Faster) of varying degrees. For all intents and purposes, the original person has “died” and only the virtual personalities remain. Buying off this quality can mean either that the original personality, buried under the shock of the persona fixes for a long time, finally emerges, or that a persona installed through a personafix becomes the new permanent personality.
>>
>>50114648
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b9akEQQJng
If in doubt, think Akira.

Cops go to the restaurant, maybe the firebombed car. Military/htr goes looking for the escaped test subject. No one gives a toss about the biker gangs or inconveniencing civilians by dragging them in for questioning, as such; they're just looking for leads to the eco-terrorist extremists & shadowrunners that broke into the facility.
>>
>>50116048
False.
You'll fail to seriously hurt another person with a punch unless you hit a weak spot (score a lot of net hits). That's low strength for you.

You will not fail in crushing an aluminium can because it is something you just do, like walking down a street.
>>
>>50116117

I have never once backpedaled, or moved the goal post. From the beginning I was focused on the logic score, and had to bring up comparisons to deficiency in strength since you people kept bringing up memory tests and refused to accept that someone with a logic score is hampered when it comes to rational thinking.

And yes, I have used different terms, because I don't like repeating myself. As you're probably aware, there are different degrees of retardation and mental deficiency, so you'll forgive me for using different words.
>>
I've got a neurostimulator implant for a medical condition, and am, as a total SR novice, curious what kind of an Essence loss it would incur if it were ingame.
It's a battery pack/control unit roughly the size of a deck of cards implanted under the skin on my abdomen, loosely anchored to the abdominal muscles, with a wire running up under the skin, across the ribs and through a small divot cut out of my clavicle(so it won't chafe when it moves), around the neck to the back of my head, where it's secured with a titanium screw and attached to a metal electrode that curves around the back of the skull. It sends continuous low-level electricity into my greater occipital nerves, which feels... basically like a big centipede with sharp, pointy legs forever crawling around under the skin of the back of my head.

Does that kind of thing even cause any Essence loss?
>>
>>50116206
>wah, wah, I didn't lose
>nuh uh
Fuck off.
>>
>>50116226
Yeah, that kind of thing causes essence loss. Probably about .1 or .2 Essence, the equivalent of a datajack or a set of basic cybereyes/cyberears.
>>
>>50114752
>A character with a pool of 0 in a skill automatically fails any checks for that skill unless they spend Edge
Or they have gear and/or situational bonuses.

Keep in mind that you don't roll to tie your shoe laces or not stab yourself in the eye with a fork - even basic driving in non-threatening circumstances goes without a roll unless you're completely unaware of the existence of vehicles.
>>
>>50116190

>You will not fail in crushing an aluminium can because it is something you just do, like walking down a street.

Walking down the street is a serious hurdle for someone with a physical disability, exactly like crushing a can.

It's true that the game isn't designed around simple tests like that, just as the game isn't designed around minmaxing.

>>50116229

You're in denial.
>>
>>50116262
>Walking down the street is a serious hurdle for someone with a physical disability
Good thing that Str 1 is not a physical disability then.

>just as the game isn't designed around minmaxing
>shadowrun 5e
Walk away.
>>
>>50116256

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve that equation for you, and yes, you would have an easier time with it if you've seen someone solve it before, but you're still mentally impaired.
>>
>>50116262
>>50116321
Fuck off.
>>
File: Fuck You.gif (2MB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck You.gif
2MB, 500x459px
>>50116262
He doesn't have a physical disability, you fucking retard. He can walk around and carry a small child on his shoulders no problem. He has to set his feet and actually work to lift a 10-year-old, but it's still possible.

The Strength 1 person doesn't have ALS, just like a LOG 1 person doesn't have Downs syndrome, despite you saying that is so. You have literally nothing backing you up, other than the fact that 1 is a low number; it's every application in the game and the existence of qualities proves you wrong, you just can't admit it.
>>
>>50116320

>Good thing that Str 1 is not a physical disability then.

Of course it is, when compared to a normal, healthy metahuman. You might be stronger than a housecat, but you're still among the weakest people on the planet. You're physically disabled.

>>just as the game isn't designed around minmaxing
>>shadowrun 5e
>Walk away.

Leaving scores at 3 and going for a couple of highs is different than leaving three of your scores at 1. People like to do extreme minmaxing and then ignore their weaknesses. That shit has to stop.
>>
>>50116363
Fuck off.
>>
>>50116363
>you're still among the weakest people on the planet
Yes, among multiple millions of them.

You're physically disabled
No.
>>
>>50116352

>He doesn't have a physical disability, you fucking retard. He can walk around and carry a small child on his shoulders no problem. He has to set his feet and actually work to lift a 10-year-old, but it's still possible.

>average weight of a 10-year-old is 31kg
>has to take -2 penalty to his physical limit just to carry that kid around
>>no problem

>The Strength 1 person doesn't have ALS, just like a LOG 1 person doesn't have Downs syndrome, despite you saying that is so. You have literally nothing backing you up, other than the fact that 1 is a low number; it's every application in the game and the existence of qualities proves you wrong, you just can't admit it.

The dumbest humans listed in the book have a logic score of 2. You're talking of going with even a lowe score and act like it's normal. No, there's nothing backing you up in the book either.

Negative qualities in this case would only make your weakness worse.
>>
>>50116422

No, because most people have a score of 3-4. 2 and 5 are uncommon, and 1 and 6 are rarities. Higher than that and you're beyond the abilities of any normal human.

Don't agree? Look at the stats of any given mook in the book.
>>
>>50116439
>average weight of a 10-year-old is 31kg
>has to take -2 penalty to his physical limit just to carry that kid around
>>no problem
>the average human being should be able to sling a child over their shoulders and not be impacted in anyway in terms of running, swimming, vaulting.

Fuck off
>>
>>50116439
>You're talking of going with even a lowe score and act like it's normal.

No one is saying it's a highly functional normal, but it is normal.

Remember, this is a world where they phased out literacy for a decade or so, in favour of iconeracy. There's some pretty low normals.
>>
>>50116243
Do you get essence back when the hardware is removed?
>>
>>50116525
>Do you get essence back when the hardware is removed?
No, your Essence is permanently damaged, but it opens up an Essence 'hole' when it's removed, which serves like store credit on future Essence losses.
>>
>>50116487

Any weight would hamper you do those activities in the real world. -2 physical limit is a bigger deal than that in Shadowrun.
>>
>>50116543
Dang. I'm having the implant taken out next week, and was really kind of hoping I'd go back to a kind of normal.
>>
>>50116439
>You're talking of going with even a lowe score and act like it's normal. No, there's nothing backing you up in the book either.
There's your own capture. >>50115083
If Logic score of 2 would be a minimal requirement to be a sentient, functional, non-disabled human being, the minimum would start at 2? plain and simple.
>>
>>50116571
You're perfectly well because you're not a character in a TRPG.
>>
>>50116600

>If Logic score of 2 would be a minimal requirement to be a sentient, functional, non-disabled human being, the minimum would start at 2? plain and simple.

I don't know, I'm not CGL. Probably to enable the minmaxers?
>>
>>50116571
If you have a couple million nuyen and access to a delta clinic, you can undergo some bleeding edge holistic therapy and recover a tad.

If not, maybe you'll think harder about poking holes in your soul next time. use the hole for a datajack or some symbionts, they're super useful
>>
>>50116629
>I don't know, I'm not CGL.
Really? You're both retarded.
>>
>>50116655

If 1 to 6 is normal, then 1 would represent 'barely able to function in society'. Do you not think that's pretty damn serious?
>>
>>50116684
It's a hurdle, but still represents part of the 'able to function in society' spectrum.
>>
>>50116629
Look, there is a quality for being really dumb (Dimmer Bulb). Then there's a quality for being uneducated (Uneducated).
If you as a GM require to roleplay those without actully taking them, you're wrong.
>>
>>50116710

Yes, barely. Like I think I've said in the past.

Do you not think that should be roleplayed accordingly?
>>
>>50116684
You'd be the expert on barely functioning in society.
>>
>>50116624
>You're perfectly well
Not really, but that's because I've had a constant stream of electricity frying my greater occipital nerves for over a year. I was just kinda translating that into essence damage.
>>
>>50116722

I know dimmer bulb exists, but it creates a bit of a disparity if you have high logic and the quality. Functionally, a character with 3x dimmer bulb and a log score of 5 is better off when doing a logic test than a character with 1 in logic.

1 log AND the quality? That's when we're getting into the extraordinary disability territory.

Uneducated is something completely separate, it only means your character never went to school, and didn't get formal education.
>>
>>50116726
You've said barely. Doesn't mean everyone has agreed with you on where to draw lines for 'dysfunctional' or 'non-functional'.
>>
>>50116726
The only examples you've given of roleplay are 'talking like the Hulk' and 'not being able to tie shoes.'

That's not roleplaying accordingly or still being a member of society.

>>50116759
You can get electrocuted forever and still have 6.0 Essence. It's not the voltage, it's the fact that you put a foreign mechanical object in your body. In SR, Essence represents the taint on your soul. Implants, drugs, and life-eating monsters like vampires are things that reduce your Essence, i.e. the integrity of your soul.
>>
>>50116629
>Probably to enable the minmaxers?

Ergo, an Attribute at 1 would be a sharp disadvantage, not a crippling disability.
>>
>>50116782
>Uneducated is something completely separate, it only means your character never went to school, and didn't get formal education.

Functionally, it's very similar to having Logic 1, though it can call for tests on things a Logic 1 character can do without a test, and the Logic 1 character will improve at twice the speed when spending karma on appropriate skills.

>Characters with the Uneducated quality are considered “unaware” in Technical, Academic Knowledge, and Professional Knowledge skills they do not possess (see Skill Ratings, p. 129), and they may not default on skill tests for those skills. The gamemaster may also require the character to make Success Tests for ordinary tasks that the typical sprawl-dweller takes for granted.
>>
>>50108056
I love sombra
>>
>>50116797
>>50116808
>>50116813

Very well, I did exaggerate earlier when I said that the character would talk like hulk have trouble with tying his shoelaces. Let me withdraw that, and instead go with the "the character would be barely able to tie his own shoelaces" and "just able to not talk like hulk" instead. Happy?

>>50116813

I think I said 'serious disability' in the past, don't you think that's the same thing as 'sharp disadvantage'? This is starting to sound like a semantical argument.

>>50116867

It's a completely different thing, since a character with the uneducated trait may actually be a genius who simply never got official education. He may be unable to do calculus, but he also might be able to LEARN to do it pretty damn fast.
>>
>>50116955
>He may be unable to do calculus, but he also might be able to LEARN to do it pretty damn fast.
So is a character with Logic 1.
The main border between "stupid" and "retarded" is that stupid can educate himself and excercise his mind to eventualy stop being stupid. A retard is a retard forever.
>>
>>50116955
>I think I said 'serious disability' in the past, don't you think that's the same thing as 'sharp disadvantage'?
Absolutely not. The former is so severe it's a medical problem, the latter is just something that kinda sucks about you. It's the difference between being literally retarded and just being pretty dumb.
>>
>>50117088

>So is a character with Logic 1.

No, that's still different. The character with logic 1 without the quality has formal education, but still struggles with it since he's that dumb. He can pay 10 karma and exercise his mind to raise log stat, and the character with high log and the quality can hit the books and get himself a formal education pretty fast, pay the 8 karma, and negate the quality. Education != intelligence is the point.

>A retard is a retard forever.

Not in the world of shadowrun though, where he can just pay away the quality with karma, GM willing.

>>50117097

So like I said in the past, the character isn't an idiot, merely an imbecile.

I still maintain that it's a serious issue for the character, and should be roleplayed accordingly.
>>
>>50117241
>the character with high log and the quality can hit the books and get himself a formal education pretty fast, pay the 8 karma, and negate the quality. Education != intelligence is the point.
The character with Uneducated has to pay double the NQ cost, and they first have to convince the GM they have put in sufficient effort to be allowed to do so.

"Here's that 8 karma back, let's ram some fucking knowledge in here" ... It. Ain't.
>>
>>50117241
>So like I said in the past, the character isn't an idiot, merely an imbecile.
'Imbecile' sounds more severe than 'idiot' to me.

How about you just leave it at 'dumb?' Someone who's Logic 2 is below average, someone who's Logic 1 is dumb.
>>
>>50116955
>It's a completely different thing
Hence, y'know, FUNCTIONALLY. SIMILAR. In that they aren't carbon copies, but operate in ways that aren't 100% furthest extremes, or even a less hyperbolic dissimilarity. Though there are some things that really drive a wedge between the two.

Logic 1 can actually roll for tests if they can scrounge a few extra dice from gear or situations, even without a skill. Uneducated MUST have the skill, or it's no test, good day sir, you lose.

Logic 1 can do standard day-to-day activities without a test. Uneducated will be thrown tests whenever the GM feels like it, even if no one else has to.

Etc.
>>
File: idiot_imbecile_moron[1].jpg (43KB, 429x387px) Image search: [Google]
idiot_imbecile_moron[1].jpg
43KB, 429x387px
>>50117297

Maybe 'moron' would be the proper term.

>>50117279

Granted, but if the character is extremely smart (high log), I think it's justified for him to pick up basic formal education in a relatively short time.
>>
>>50117359
Or maybe you use terms that are still in actual use in the present century instead, so that you won't be shocked when people completely misunderstand you.

But no, they're not going to be mentally a child, to refer to your image. They're just going to be a dumbass - a step below someone who's merely below average, but not medically-diagnosably disabled.
>>
>>50117390

Well, I tried saying "retarded" and people still complained.
>>
>>50117404
>Well, I tried saying "retarded" and people still complained.
Because that's still someone so disabled that it involves a medical diagnosis.

Just call them 'dumb,' or 'stupid.'

You fucking pedantic, semantic retard.
>>
>>50117416

Don't get all politically correct on me, they refer to the same thing.

It's like having to call poor people financial underperformers or something.
>>
>>50117359
>I think it's justified for him to pick up basic formal education in a relatively short time.
Catch 22; you want to buy off Uneducated to buy skills cheap, while the justification for buying off Uneducated comes through demonstrated learning - buying skills.
>>
>>50117446
>Don't get all politically correct on me, they refer to the same thing.
No, they don't. When you say 'retarded,' you're making a statement with connotations that someone's mentally disabled enough to receive medical diagnosis.

Especially when you start tossing around phrases like 'literally retarded.'

Especially when you're having an argument about categories of mental ability on the fucking internet.

You fucking retard.
>>
>>50117446
Is English your third language, or something? Because you don't seem to understand the idea that certain words have different nuance than other words.
>>
>>50117475
I was expect English as a Seventh Language myself.
>>
>>50117450

I would see it a natural progression for an uneducated but intelligent character. He would likely understand that education is essential if one wants to thrive in the world, and therefore seek to fix the problem.

It's not like all normal characters have technical, academic, or professional knowledge skills either.

>>50117470

No, you just took it that way. 'Stupid', 'dull', 'slow', 'moron', etc. all refer to varying degrees of mental retardation. Whether one got a shiny medical diagnosis to show for it is irrelevant.

We're not having an argument over it, at least as far as I'm concerned. That anon above didn't understand what imbecile means, so I thought I'd educate him.

>>50117475

People can also not know what some words mean.

And yes, it is my third language.
>>
>>50117584
>And yes, it is my third language.
You need to work on a more nuanced understanding of your English vocabulary.

Words like 'imbecile' are no longer used as part of modern English outside of fictional and sarcastic portrayals of stodgy old people, and many of the words you're using have connotations that you don't seem to understand, like 'retarded.'

Just say 'dumb' or 'stupid.' Those will convey your actual point in a way that you've thoroughly failed at so far.
>>
File: 1420938217981.png (23KB, 207x239px) Image search: [Google]
1420938217981.png
23KB, 207x239px
Why has log 1 anon not killed himself yet? This thread is a dumpster fire.
>>
>>50117631
>Why has log 1 anon not killed himself yet?
Because he took Logic 1 and Charisma 1 as dump stats in real life, so he's severely mentally and socially disabled.
>>
>>50117624

>You need to work on a more nuanced understanding of your English vocabulary.

I don't think so.

>Words like 'imbecile' are no longer used as part of modern English outside of fictional and sarcastic portrayals of stodgy old people, and many of the words you're using have connotations that you don't seem to understand, like 'retarded.'

No, I completely understand what they mean.

>>50117631

I'm working on it, hence this whole shitstorm. The less people minmaxing, the better.
>>
>>50117631
>Why has log 1 anon not killed himself yet?
>>50117666
>I'm working on it

Just chug some bleach, then. Put us all out of your misery.
>>
>>50117666
Three days left, fucko, then your ticket is up.
>>
>>50117675

>Just chug some bleach, then. Put us all out of your misery.

But I'm not a violent person, and I don't even know where that anon lives.
>>
>>50117584
>I would see it a natural progression for an uneducated but intelligent character. He would likely understand that education is essential if one wants to thrive in the world, and therefore seek to fix the problem.
Most likely anyone short of the dimmer bulb quality would begin to think so at some point.

That doesn't change that the order of things is;

1) do the things that allow you to buy off a negative quality (buy skills at inflated prices)

2) buy off the negative quality (so you can buy skills at normal prices)
>>
>>50117666
>The less people minmaxing, the better.
Why? Are you on an autism crusade?
>>
>>50117753
>Most likely anyone short of the dimmer bulb quality would begin to think so at some point.

Or Log 1.

>1) do the things that allow you to buy off a negative quality (buy skills at inflated prices)

You don't actually have to do that, you just have to meet the criteria that allow you to get rid of the quality. In this case, sitting down and self-studying, or paying for private education, would be perfectly acceptable in my books. But I did forget that the cost to pay off any negative quality is twice the listed price.
>>
>>50117652
No, he just took negative qualities to make himself that dumb.
>>
>>50117856

I don't really mind it all that much, but it's bad advice when given to new players, and it's wrong if the flaws are ignored.

But yes, I personally dislike minmaxers, they're looking at the game from the wrong perspective.
>>
>>50117885
So you're saying that people are having badwrong fun, so you're literally lying to new players in order to keep them from also having badwrong fun.

Got it.
>>
>>50117885
Go back to pathfinder you fun hating shit
>>
>>50117885
Fuck off and drink bleach.
>>
File: storypanelscreen.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
storypanelscreen.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>50116904
she really was designed for a specific group of people

deckers
>>
>>50117919

Wait, I thought pathfinder was full of minmaxers.

>>50117896

No, if they want to get into a crunchfest, they can go right ahead. But if you're giving that advice to a new player, you don't know what kind of a game he's getting into or what kind of a GM is running his show, and playing an imbecile may not be what he signed up for.

>>50117944

But I'm not advocating playing with Log 1, on the contrary. Are you confused, anon?
>>
>>50117953
Overwatch now has everything I want from a tf2 killer: the spy, but hotter.
>>
>>50117859
>Or Log 1.
Nope.

>In this case, sitting down and self-studying, or paying for private education
Yes, learning, aka buying skills.
>>
>>50117953
I feel like people make their cyberware too subtle/covert. It clashes with the aesthetic that Shadowrun has historically tried to set for itself. That visible, glowing headware is great for the visible manifestation of a datajack, for example, and that externally-exposed spinal 'ware is fantastic for Wired Reflexes.
>>
>>50118010

>Nope.
Yepe. A character with log 1 is just barely able to function in a normal society, being, dumb, slow, stupid, and / or slightly mentally retarded, and thus a decision like that is something he could plausibly make. Like we established.

>Yes, learning, aka buying skills.

There is no knowledge skill for 'formal education' though.
>>
>>50118037
There are 'academic' knowledge skills.
>>
>>50118081

But nothing for formal education that normal characters are expected to have. Not having that is already counted within the negative quality, so why force a character to take something extra?
>>
>>50118115
Just like with Log 1, it is already a penalty in itself.
>>
>>50108056
>>50117953
I can't be the only one that thinks she looks very similar to Is0bel, right?

Where's the porn?
>>
>>50118470

And so removing it should take some effort, like sitting down and studying for an extended period of time, and paying back the karma cost doubled.

Why add anything extra on top?
>>
>>50118115
There's no need for an "formal education" skill, or a formal education. Informal efforts work just fine.

If you seek a better understanding of what skills a formal education would result in, look at the Life Modules.
>>
>>50118514

I think that's my point. If there are no formal education skills, why force an uneducated character pick some skills at random, when paying twice the cost of karma and having to study should suffice?
>>
>>50118506
>Why add anything extra on top?
Like being a 'literal retard'? Absolutely no need.
>>
>>50117953
stat her /srg/
>>
>>50118480
give it time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og5-Pm4HNlI
>>
Does anyone have any good picture examples of what cyberspurs look like?

A picture which isn't Wolverine, that is.
>>
Are there any functional initiative trackers for android?
>>
>>50118480
wait til she's in the game so the sfm folks have a model to work with.
>>
File: 643436.jpg (121KB, 680x734px) Image search: [Google]
643436.jpg
121KB, 680x734px
>>50118758
I think she will be coming soonish
>>
>>50118679
That's what cyberspurs look like though.
>>
>>50118709
The google doc spreadsheet in the pastebin works on android if you have the google drive app.
>>
>>50118480
there's porn. Check out paheal
>>
File: jensenspur.jpg (71KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
jensenspur.jpg
71KB, 1600x900px
>>50118679
>>
>>50118862
nah, that's more a cyberblade than a cyberspur
>>
>>50118846
Thanks love, I'll look into that.
>>
>>50118828
I can relate to this pic
>>
>>50118886
Pretty sure in 5e they are considered the same thing.
>>
>>50119074
Nope, there's a marginal difference. Blades do str+2 and cost 0.25 essence, while spurs do str+3 and cost 0.3 essence.
>>
Hey Yekka, just wanted to let you know of some neat bug I found
if you have no cyberware after character creation and go to the cyberware roster you see a lot of Matrix condition monitor buttons
clicking any of them crashes chummer (as one would expect)

just wanted to let you know so that you can remove the box/buttons when no cyberware is installed
>>
I'm playing Dragonfall for the first time after making it through Shadowrun Returns as a decker/rigger. Any advice on what builds are fun? I felt like decking was underutilized in Returns, but if there is more in Dragonfall I may consider doing it again.
>>
>>50118540
They're not random. There are relevant skills. There is no single skill that says "formal education". Hence the genuine suggestion that you look at the Life Modules. Really a thing.
>>
>>50119173
"Spurs are one to three blades or spikes pro-
truding from the back of your wrist or your knuckles. sticking out from your fist as much as thirty centimeters."
??
>>
>>50118886
>>50119173
Actually, that should be an Arm Blade (presumably Str+4/AP-2 or Str+3/AP-3), but they don't have them in 5e yet.

>Hand blades slip out the side of the hand opposite the thumb, parallel to the hand

>Spurs are one to three blades or spikes protruding from the back of your wrist or your knuckles

>Utilising technology similar to that found in the flick bayonets and the flexibility afforded by smart metal advancements, arm blades are the largest and most damaging weapons capable of still being sheathed and hidden in a conventional cyber-limb or flesh-and-blood arm. When fully extended, the blades are nearly a meter in length and significantly weighted towards the tips for additional chopping power.
>>
>>50119327
Mages stronk.
>>
>>50119327
It's best to be a Decker/Face in both Dragonfall and Hong Kong, since you will be doing most of the talking/you generally need a decker anyway.
>>
>>50119327
Decking only gets better in DF & HK, but make sure you do something else, too.
>>
>>50118886
>nah, that's more a cyberblade than a cyberspur
A cyberblade is the size of a small knife, and does damage equivalent to a combat knife. It would definitely be a spur.
>>
Hello, /srg/.

Have any of you guys watched the BMW Films series "The Hire" yet? Apparently they're rebooting these, and they're Shadowrun as fuck. Saw it as an ad on youtube, and I've spent the last hour watching these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKYUtUw-8ig

Aside from the stuff in the pastebin, what other movies/series do you guys recommend for Shadowrun vibes?
>>
>>50119502
I mixed up Cyberblade and Arm Blade
>>
File: 1472731230295.png (258KB, 273x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472731230295.png
258KB, 273x500px
>>50118583
B/3 A/4 R/4(6) S/3 W/4 L/6 I/5 C/3 ESS/2.28
Initiative 9(11)+3d6 (10+3d6 cold, 10+4d6 hot)
Armor 9 (chameleon suit)
Condition Monitors 10/11
Limits Physical 5, Mental 8, Social 5
Skills (Dice Pools) Automatics (SMG) 8(10), Cracking skill group 12, Electronics skill group 12, Intimidation 5, Negotiation 5, Palming 7, Sneaking 9, Unarmed Combat 7
Knowledge Skills (Dice Pools) Area Knowledge (Dorado) 10, Shadow Community (Organizations) 8(10), English N, Spanish N
Augmentations Cranial Cyberdeck [Sony CIY-720 (DR 4 Atts 6754)], Cybereyes Basic System [rating 2 w/ Image Link, Thermographic Vision, and Smartlink], Datajack, Wired Reflexes [rating 2]
Programs Crash, Smoke and Mirrors, Cloudless
Weapons Ingram Smartgun X [Submachine Gun, Acc 6, DV 8P, AP -4, Modes: BF/SA, RC 2, 32(c), w/ APDS ammo]
>>
>>50118583
XP 1,200
N Large magical beast
Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +12

DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +5 natural, –1 size)
hp 47 (5d10+20)
Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +2

OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +8 (1d6+4 plus grab), bite +8 (1d6+4)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
STATISTICS
Str 19, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +5; CMB +10 (+14 grapple); CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
Feats Improved Initiative, Great Fortitude, Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Perception +12

Environment temperate forests
Organization solitary, pair, or pack (3–8)
Treasure incidental
>>
What are the best locations to focus on if you want to have a focus on post-apocalyptic wasteland/shanty town/ruins gameplay, with venturing until the actual urban centers being a significant event? I know that Seattle is surrounded by Barrens, which is then surrounded by wilderness, but is there anywhere better for that kind of thing? Berlin, maybe? Or somewhere in Australia?
>>
>>50120446
Remember that because of VITAS a lot of towns are ghost towns, especially in the american midwest
>>
>>50120446
I think if you really want the shanty towns and ruins gameplay, you want to look at the heartland of America. The rural and smaller suburban towns of America are now ghost towns, populated by outcasts and awakened creatures.
>>
>>50120474
>>50120501
So maybe somewhere in the Great Lakes region? Industrial ruins, ghost towns, and even Chicago has the Zone? And then Detroit, with Ares, is the truly developed city of the sort you rarely get to enjoy?
>>
Are the downsides of Nocturna worth the extra agility?
>>
>>50117631
Logic edition confirmed for next tread.
>>
>>50121148
please god no
>>
>>50120474
>Remember that because of VITAS a lot of towns are ghost towns, especially in the american midwest
Not really because of VITAS. It didn't help, but the other contributing factors - increase in paracritter and non-benign entities, reduction in security presence, etc had a greater effect.

They couldn't completely halt VITAS I in the West, but they did have reasonably effective preventatives that would be readily available, mass hysteria and breakdown of social order not accounted for. This meant that while it was still horrible and you were almost certain to die if you got sick, you weren't looking at your three best friends and thinking, "statistically, only one of us will survive this", the way you would in Africa.
>>
File: machete.jpg (36KB, 350x228px) Image search: [Google]
machete.jpg
36KB, 350x228px
How far do you think I could get with a street sam that fights entirely through the medium of machetes?
>>
>>50121383
Get as your Initiative and AGI as high as possible
use machete
>>
Are there any magical drugs in the shadowrun universe besides Deep Weed? Either abuse drugs of magical origin or drugs that mess up your spiritual side rather than your mind or body
>>
>>50121383
Just be aware that there's not alot you can do to improve your melee weapon's accuracy. If your character lives a long time, you'll find yourself hitting the limit more often than you would with a firearm.
>>
>>50121530
Tempo, obviously.
>>
>>50121762
>accuracy
reminds me of that one character from the fairy land book
Gigantic Blades pool and a weapon with great enchantments
but a Accuracy of (I think) 5 or 6, meaning that that he's hitting the accuracy most of the time
>>
>>50121762
what if I just throw MORE machetes?
>>
>>50121530
>Are there any magical drugs in the shadowrun universe besides Deep Weed?
Yes. Every drug in the Awakened category. From Chrome Flesh:
>Ayao's Will
>Crimson Orchid
>Hecate's Blessing
>Laes
>Oneiro
>Overdrive
>Pixie Dust
>Trance
>Animal Tongue
>Immortal Flower
>Little Smoke
>Rock Lizard Blood
>Shade
>Wudu'Aku
>Zombie Dust

Is there anything in particular you're looking to make happen?
>>
>>50121948
>what if I just throw MORE machetes?
Good choice. If you're bumping up against your Accuracy more often than not, splitting your dice pool and making lots of called shots can be a good way to actually gain the full utility out of it.
>>
File: FDt2fTa.png (1MB, 787x679px) Image search: [Google]
FDt2fTa.png
1MB, 787x679px
Anybody here have any custom weapons that they've sorta shunted into their campaigns?

I was thinking about making a fan-made Arsenal for 5e, just adding a ton of extra weapons from the games, the book, a couple of real life stuffs, etc...

Lemme know, /srg/!
>>
>>50119518
Well, that's nifty.
>>
File: the CAS.jpg (215KB, 944x1254px) Image search: [Google]
the CAS.jpg
215KB, 944x1254px
Any of you nerds ever make something like this for your players?

https://sites.google.com/site/supchummers/home
>>
>>50117666

Devil's Trips confirm the idiot.

You are not grasping the nuances of the language properly, and so your usage is strangely anachronistic. You may not think so, but that's because you're a stuck up shitlord and quite likely literally autistic.
>>
Do you guys allowed Called Shots to be done with burst or full-auto fire?

I'm asking because the book doesn't really clarify that they can't be, and if they did I didn't see it.
>>
>>50124034
I dont see why not. Most called shots are not particularly strong so its not a balance issue. Some shots like the one where you make a distraction can be flavored as auto-fire.
>>
>>50124034
>Do you guys allowed Called Shots to be done with burst or full-auto fire?
Do I let people aim for someone's head (vitals), or shoot at someone's gun (blast out of hand), or whatever using automatic fire?

Yes.

Why the hell wouldn't I?
>>
>>50124013
>>50124034
Don't delete your posts. We can see what you typed the first time, and backtracking like that just makes you look foolish.
>>
>>50124285
I feel ya, but the name didn't really needed to be there. So I just deleted it. It's not like it's detrimental or anything, is it?

In fact, I accidently put a name on that first post up there as well now that I look at it.
>>
>>50123601
We made a massive quick reference sheet for our campaign including a bunch of our homebrew stuff.
>>
Doctor Strange left me in a wizardly mood. Does the Shadowrun universe have any wizardly orders, global magic conspiracies, rogue sorcerers or the like? I've only really seen magic in the way street and corp mages use it, which is basically just a way to blast at each other - never really in a scholarly or wise way.
>>
>>50126135
>wizardly orders
Several detailed in street grimore
>global magic conspiracies,
There's the black lodge, which is run by evil wizards who date back to earthdawn. There's also Aztechnology, which is run by an evil cult of blood mages which is in turn run by a corrupted dragon which is in turn controlled by things that live outside of time and space and predate earthdawn.
>rogue sorcerers
Toxics. The nicest toxics merely wish to drive the human race extinct, the evilest of them wish to end all life on earth.
>>
I never picked up on any deeper motive to Aztechnology aside from "We're greedy, violent, corporate, imperialist, blood-drenched demon-summoners." Like they're not collecting the seven dragon balls to wish for the overlordship of gigasatan, they just figure puppeting nations and sacrificing virgins is a quick way to boost the bottom line.
>>
>>50126309
While they haven't done anything recently, back around 1-2e the azzies tried to summon the Horrors.Dunzelkhan sacrificed himself in a magical ritual to stop them and also end the metaplot cuz the guy responsible for writing it had died.
Since then, their horror summoning plans have been put on hold but I assume they'll get back to it sooner or later.
>>
So, is Channeling a Greater Form Plant Spirit the main way to get personal access to the Regeneration power, aside from chugging Immortal Flower or infecting yourself with HMHVV?
>>
My greetings.

As a new one to shadowrun(got acquainted with the setting thanks to Returns\Dragonfall\HongKong), I'm currentlyy looking for best current(or not so current) fluff books.

Catalyst site offers Sixth World Almanac. Can you recommend me some other big good books to dig into?
>>
>>50127729
Which parts of the setting in particular do you want to know more about?
>>
>>50127830
I was looking for some sort of general setting book. Other than that...dragons, corporations, earthdawn connections(heard they dropped these hints after 3rd ed).
>>
>>50127862
Sixth World Almanac.
>>
>>50127862

Shadows over X is great. Third edition, so the metaplot is stuck in the past, but it covers a lot of places that don't get mentioned anywhere else. A lot of it is still generally useful, and hasn't been updated.
>>
>>50128532
>>50128714
Thank you very much for the answers!
>>
>>50127862
Most mechanics books also have entire fluff chapters - or half of each chapter as just fluff - so for the setting information on, say, the logistics and R&D behind cybernetics, books on cybernetics are good to read. While there are certainly specifically fluff books, just focusing on those gives you input a fraction of the picture of the setting.
>>
Whose dick do I have to suck around here to get a game that doesn't fall apart past session 2?
>>
>>50129440
Its usually cause of the disproportionate amount of players to GMs, some are desperate to play so they become GMs themselves, but then realize they're not cut out for it and bail a few sessions in. That's my guess atleast.
>>
>>50129440
You have to suck my dick.
>>
>>50129440
If you're serious about sucking dick, check out RunnerHub or ShadowNET or whatever those reddit games are called.

Bonus points if you play a face.
>>
>>50130845
those reddit games are really shite. they're filled with drama and most of the players go through the game very monotonously so they can collect their karma and nuyen, as if they were playing an MMORPG.
>>
>>50131215
Maybe try to make some acquaintances through those games to where you become a runner team? I dunno, if it's an MMO, find a group to play with.
>>
Would you slap a player in the mouth if they tried to show up to a game with +12 armor via a full set of cyberhands/cyberfeet?
>>
>>50132912
... does that actually work?
>>
>>50132912
Armor stacking is pretty much the only advantage cyber has over bio, so no.
>>
>>50131413
No. It will cost him so much money and essence for an ulitmately small increase in survivability that unless he goes for a full 'all the armor everywhere' tank build; it'll be wasted.

>>50132959
Eventually, yes. 2 obvious cyberhands and 2 obvious cyberfeet (with 4 capacity each); 3 armor upgrades on each of them.

However, the third Armor upgrade is availability 15, so unless the GM is generous, no banana.
>>
>>50132959
Obvious hands/feet have Capacity 4; Synthetic hands/feet have Capacity 2. You can get Armor 12 on Obvious and still have Capacity 1 left on each of them, or Armor 8 on Synthetic ones.

>>50133096
>Armor stacking is pretty much the only advantage cyber has over bio
No, there are plenty of advantages Cyber has over Bio. Cyber has higher maximums (like with Reaction Enhancers and Wired Reflexes stacking to +6, compared to Bio's maximum Reaction bonus of +3). Cyber has utilities that can't be replicated through Bio (like Smartlinks, Datajacks, Hydraulic Jacks, or Control Rigs). Cyber lets you upgrade just one limb for a huge discount, to get good dice pools where they matter, while Bio only has full-body options. And Cyber is both cheaper and more-available than Bio alternatives.

The only advantages Bioware has, on the other hand, are a lower Essence cost - it's cheaper to get both Muscle Toner and Muscle Augmentation than Muscle Replacement, for example - and unique utilities that Cyber can't replicate, like the Pain Editor or the Nephritic Screen.

Both have their places, but Cyberware is clearly better for certain applications, while Bioware is clearly better for others, in very obvious ways.

>>50133100
A set of Used cyberhands/cyberfeet with Armor 3 on each appendage costs a total of 1.25 Essence before things like Biocompatibility and has an Availability of only 11. It costs a total of 42k nuyen, but so does Titanium Bone Lacing at a 'ware grade that gives it a comparable Essence cost, and this option has literally double the soak dice that TBL grants, and with four times as much of it being armor, which is important for things like downgrading damage into Stun.

If you think that +12 armor on top of an armor jacket and a helmet doesn't represent hilariously more survivability than just the jacket and helmet, you don't understand how the game's mechanics actually work.
>>
>>50133249
>The only advantages Bioware has
You forgot the higher threshold for detection.
>>
>>50134066
You're right about that. It's stealthier - that's its third advantage.
>>
>>50133249
Once you have decent armor, the body bonus from bone lacing is better. There's pretty much no way to decrease it, and you even get a nifty attack bonus if you're strong-ish.
>>
>>50134357
>Once you have decent armor, the body bonus from bone lacing is better.
No, it isn't. Body-for-soak is strictly worse than Armor, because it's not a Body bonus - it only applies to Soak rolls. And unlike armor, it has no role in downgrading damage.

The only situation in which a Body bonus is better than an Armor bonus is if you're somehow dealing with so much AP that it can negate your armor entirely - which doesn't exist for armor values this high.

And on top of all of that, the 12 armor provides +12 dice to soak, compared to the Bone Lacing's +6 dice to soak.

The cyber-armor isn't just better, it's hilariously better.
>>
>>50134404
Different guy here.

There is, technically, a caveat here.

Anyone with Elemental Indirect spell can, potentially, theoretically, apply enough AP to ignore even heavy milspec entirely. A character specialized in Fire Aura with a Highland Forge Claymore, especially a Dikote'd one, can also do it.

I mean, yes, it's a corner case, but it's there.
>>
>>50134688
Also planted explosives (AP of one half), and acid effects can also change stuff up.
>>
>>50134688
>>50134987
We're talking about someone with 12 armor from their limbs, 12 from an armored jacket, and 2 more from a helmet. No matter how you slice it, 26 armor is going to be better than 17, even if the 17 comes with +3 non-armor soak dice.
>>
>>50135029
Why not stack the two? Especially if that helps you reach decent armor for whatever it is you're normally facing down.
>>
>>50135049
Oh, you certainly could - nothing stopping you. The point was comparing it to comparable alternatives, to refute this claim:
>>50133100
>No. It will cost him so much money and essence for an ulitmately small increase in survivability that unless he goes for a full 'all the armor everywhere' tank build; it'll be wasted.
>>
>>50135029
The theoretical limit of AP on Indirect Spells and Fire Aura is "How high can you pump Force without dying?"
>>
>>50135561
>The theoretical limit of AP on Indirect Spells and Fire Aura is "How high can you pump Force without dying?"
Which means that the 'theoretical' limit isn't anywhere near high enough that armor is a worse choice than non-armor. The hypothetical limit is arbitrarily high, but you'll never actually see that in play.
>>
This is a stupid question, but it came up in a game I was in last week. Is there a concept of something like a SIM card within the setting? I can't find any mention of an equivalent, but this is Catalyst, so its likely I just missed the entry mentioning any reference. I always assumed anything resembling the concept would be directly linked into a SIN to prevent people from having that layer of privacy.
>>
>>50136490
there are no physical SIN cards. your SIN is entirely on the matrix, and is broadcasted through whatever commlink youre using (if you choose to broadcast). when you broadcast, youre basically showing anything in the matrix that "i am "x"". thats why in higher security rated areas, youre required to 'broadcast' your sin so that SINless filth dont mingle with the higher class.

be mindful that when youre broadcasting, you should expect to be autonomously tracked and recorded up until the point you stop broadcasting.
>>
In 5e, how does the cold damage simple armor test work? Do you roll your entire armor value or do subtract any AP?
>>
>>50136661
He means a SIM card anon, the thing phones use to keep track of your cellular plan/contacts/number.
>>50136490
There's nothing mentioned, but I would imagine that cheaper commlinks like metalinks have replaced those prepaid SIM cards you can buy at stores and such. I would imagine transferring ownership of a commlink would also "rewrite" the SIM card to be filled with your info.
>>
Hey yekka, when I try to run chummer (nightly or most recent full release) it crashes, even with a fresh download, saying that the root element is missing, am I being a retard?
>>
Never played shadowrun before, I've read through the book but I'm still having trouble making a character.

Is there any guides or whatever to help with character creation?
>>
>>50137338
Uhhhh, that's interesting. Is it when loading a character, or just opening the application?
>>
>>50137340
first of all: What edition?
if 4e: Download Chummer
if 5e: Download Chummer5, cry about the editing in the books
for both: download the relevant books from the OP pastebin, try to create characters in Chummer/Chummer5, when you have any questions about certain aspects post the question and/or character sheet here. There usually will be someone here to help
>>
>>50137430
5e. I found Chummer5 after posting so I'll give it a whirl.

Also the GM said we can use any books as long as we don't make anything to stupid. I'm planing to play an Adept so are there any certain ones I should give a look?
>>
>>50137356
Opening the application, also happens while running as admin. I'm downloading the newest dot NET release to see if that fixes it.
>>
File: Adept by David Robert Hovey.jpg (81KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
Adept by David Robert Hovey.jpg
81KB, 600x750px
>>50137549
Core, Street Grimoire for extra adept powers, Run & Gun for martial arts if you want a physad (magic fightan man).
>>
>>50137563
Hrm. It indicates that an XML file isn't loading properly; we cache most of the main files on application start. Try removing any custom_ or override_ files you've got in the data folder?
>>
>>50137604
Yeah I plan to play a magic fightan man. Also I'm sorry to ask because I could look in the books but I'm lazy, are there any other races outside of the core book? I'm not sure what Race I want to play yet.
>>
>>50137606
I don't have any custom_ or override_ files in the data folder, at least going by filenames.
>>
>>50137635
There are some special snowflake 'templates' such as vampires and such in Run Faster and there are some even specialler races as well, such as pixies and centaurs in the same book.
Please don't play a pixie.
>>
>>50137635
Define what you mean with "Race"?
By the CRB there are 5 Metatypes, all members of Homo Sapiens, just with different subtypes (H.S. nobilis for elves H.S. pumilionis for Dwarves, H.S.Sapiens for humans, H.S.robustus for Orcs and H.S. ingens for Trolls)
since you are new to SR I'd advise you to start with one of them before going into more exotic choices
>>
>>50137650
Hrmmm. Okay, so when it crashes, you should be getting a send error report window, yeah? Click on the blue link and paste the exception.txt file in the folder that opens.
>>
>>50137687
hey yekka, just wanted to remind you of this little bug here >>50119293
>>
>>50137683
>>50137667
Alright I'll just play a Human, I normally do in games but I was just curious because I'm a furry.
>>
>>50137734
In that case I will not tell you how you can be your fursona in a game of Shadowrun. There are multiple ways, but because you're a tremendous faggot you'll have to read the books and find out on your own.

Unless another fag in this thread spoonfeeds it to you, which is likely.
>>
>>50137687
System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at Chummer.frmCharacterRoster.CacheCharacter(String strFile) in D:\Coding\chummer5a\Chummer\frmCharacterRoster.cs:line 107
at Chummer.frmCharacterRoster.LoadCharacters() in D:\Coding\chummer5a\Chummer\frmCharacterRoster.cs:line 83
at Chummer.frmCharacterRoster..ctor() in D:\Coding\chummer5a\Chummer\frmCharacterRoster.cs:line 21
at Chummer.frmMain..ctor() in D:\Coding\chummer5a\Chummer\frmMain.cs:line 143
at Chummer.Program.Main() in D:\Coding\chummer5a\Chummer\Program.cs:line 97
>>
>>50137734
there are ways for that
most good GMs will forbid them
As a starting player you shouldn't even THINK about doing them
>>
>>50137754
A google search said Run Faster has it. You can suck shit because I'm going to play one out of spite now.
>>
File: Trap Hole.png (1MB, 679x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Trap Hole.png
1MB, 679x1000px
>>50137857
Good luck making one, though. It's not in Chummer, you'll have to actually learn the rules.
>>
>>50137897
Then I'll go read the rules, just so I can play a Hyena man.
>>
>>50137759
Okay, so the problem is in your character history. Open regedit and open HKCU\Software\Chummer5. Delete the MRU entries.
>>50137727
Can't replicate it. The default state for those controls is disabled, should only be visible if you've got a cyberdeck installed there.
>>50137897
Why be a shapeshifter when you could be a fulltime furry with Changeling instead?
>>
>>50137924
Hush, I'm convincing a faggot to read the books.
>>
>>50137924
That worked, thanks yekka.
>>
Alright before I start making my shitty fursona are unarmed adepts viable or will I need a weapon? I don't want to find out after making him that he's unplayable.
>>
>>50138437
Unarmed adepts/unarmed in general is viable, yes.
>>
New thread
>>50138993
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.