[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goblins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

I'm wanting to get into Warhammer Fantasy and am having a hard time deciding what Goblins to go with for an O&G list in The 9th Age. I just want to use one single type.

Advice? Forest, Night, or regular. I have five Night Goblins from the old "learn to paint" set but otherwise would need to start buying.
>>
Which do you like the look of better? What sort of playing style are you looking for?
>>
>>50093168
Not as fond of Night Goblins. Don't like Squigs, and although I like the moon they are mostly cloak.

Kind of like the idea of Forest, but the spiders don't look good to me. I haven't really found a good spider miniature, I'd much prefer something scary looking rather than a cheap Halloween rubber look most have.

Regular goblins are preferable visually. But they kind of suck I guess on the tabletop.

The bulk of my army will be Savage Orcs, I just need some Goblins to go along with them since I've found out with playing that they're just not enough.
>>
>>50091923
Why did you think a decision like this warranted its own thread?
>>
>>50094257
There wasn't a Warhammer Fantasy thread. If there can be ten 40k threads about stupid shit, why not a Fantasy one?
>>
>>50093822
Then Forest Goblins, for sure. They fit together. If you can't find Spider models you like, try centipedes or some kind of unpleasant lizard/squiggly beast looking thing. The main thing is "looks like something that might live in a jungle, can climb stuff, poisonous".
>>
File: 1441644832863.png (102KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1441644832863.png
102KB, 800x800px
>>50094464

>saurus riding gobbins
>>
>>50094345
>why not a Fantasy one?
Because WHFB doesn't exist, and WHFB players unwelcomed on /tg/
>>
>>50094464
>>50094987
Cool, thanks!
>>
File: arr.png (297KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
arr.png
297KB, 700x700px
>>50095700
The obvious decision is pirate goblins ya git!
Nightgoblins have the most fleshed out range imo. The generic ones look a little boring without orcs between them (or better them between orcs). I always loved forest goblins, but it's hard to to them without plastic infatry...
>>
>>50091923
I know that this isn't too useful for you but if play AoS while finding a WHFB group or form one Forest gobbos are pretty good, they just lack options.

The general rule with O&G are the rule of cool faction, pick what you like to model and paint. They also have the excuse that you are leading a waaugh and all the O&G in the area are represented in your army and/or goblin and orc mercenaries. Just look up what are the trap choices if you are worried about that.
>>
>>50096871
>pick what you like to model and paint and lose all batles.
>>
>>50096037
there's quite a lot of 3rd party non-Night goblins though. orcs may differ between manufacturers, but all goblins look more or less the same
>>
File: doublegrots.jpg (31KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
doublegrots.jpg
31KB, 600x620px
>>50091923

ALL these posts are WRONG if you want true goblins you get THESE grots from the gut busters. You get 25 grots (26 if you count this bad boy)
>>
>>50098870
>grots
It's not a goblins.
>>
>>50091923
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/goblins.html
>>
>>50099445
>manticgames
Get out of this board.
>>
>>50098910
All goblins and gnoblars are grots in AOS
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.