[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know how to deal with a problem player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0337.jpg (214KB, 700x1267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0337.jpg
214KB, 700x1267px
>Player at college gaming group starts moping at the table and acting passive aggressive whenever something bad happens to his character
>Starts going "I don't care" and "whatever" whever asked what his character is doing
>Starts trying to antagonize other players for entirely self-perceived, in character slights
>I.e. accusing other people of trying to get the party killed, or only caring about their character
>At one point, got mopey and aggressive over another player succeeding a saving throw against a trap that he was likely to fail because now they wouldn't "learn their lesson" about being reckless
>Other players complain to me in private, because the last time they complained at the table he refused to talk for the rest of the night and brought the session to a screeching halt
>Tell him he's being rude and disruptive
>He says he has anxiety and chronic depression and he can't help it, mess and therapy don't help
>I try to run future sessions with this in mind, practically walking on eggshells to work with him
>Behavior doesn't get any better
>Try to tell him that he's not fitting in well with the group
>He tells me straight up that roleplaying is the only thing he cares about anymore and that if I kick him from the game he will definitely, literally kill himself and it will be on my hands

I don't fucking know what to do /tg/
I've tried to talk this out, and I've tried to be helpful and reasonable, but I can't go on like this. What can I even do at this point?
>>
Boot him, OP. If he's going to kill himself over such a tiny slight, he was not long for this world anyways.
>>
Kick him and then tell his RA/Dean of Students about his suicidal tendencies. He might be sincere, but he was no right to place that. Harden on you and you are not required to emotionally support some one who is taking advantage of your decency at trying to help them. All you should do is feel sorry for him and hope he gets support he needs.
>>
>>50090647
Tell him "do it faggot"
Then proceed to kick him from your group
Tell the campus councilors if you actually care
>>
>>50090647
>>He tells me straight up that roleplaying is the only thing he cares about anymore and that if I kick him from the game he will definitely, literally kill himself and it will be on my hands
Therapist can\t solve it then neither can you. I'd kick him the minute he said that shit.
>>
>>50090647
It's not on you to help this kid deal with his mental issues, especially if he's a huge prick on top of it. Dump him on the school's therapist
>>
boot him
notify the authorities
have fun at your next game, without his mopey ass around
>>
>>50090931
>>50090888
>>50090798
Alright, thanks guys. I guess I knew this was probably what I had to do, but I'd been feeling like a bit of an asshole for still considering it after the threats. This will probably be better for everyone, in the long run.
>>
Boot, never look back.
I couldn't probably hold myself from laughing in his face if he told me something like that. Not because I am a dick, it's just ridiculous. He acts like a twat, he is treated like one, end of story.

Don't let this toxic asshole ruin your and everyone's else game.

You can tell authorities, but be aware about school staff, they may try to convince you to keep the fucker so he won't do anything, because that would be very bad for their reputation. They may just want to throw their problems at you.
>>
>>50090647
Nice drawing, OP, where did you find it?
>>
Oddly similar to my situation but me as the player and less of an ass, all you can do is tell him to man the fuck up and if this is so important to him then act like it, work with the other players and if he doesn't want to play the game as it is then he should leave and stop wasting everyone's time. If he is legit that suicidal then there is nothing you can do to stop it or fix him and its selfish of him to make things worse for everyone else so he can continue his shitty life a little bit longer.
>>
>>50090993

Don't feel bad. The entire point of playing tabletop RPGs is to play out a fantasy with a group of other people. Your job as DM is to ensure that everyone is putting in the effort to make the game an enjoyable experience. If one person is making everyone miserable, knows it, and most importantly, doesn't plan on doing anything to change themselves, you should feel no grief "kicking the faggot out".
>>
>>50091064
It's college, not highschool. If they try to tell you to keep him, then ask for counselor pay. Unless they provide funding for new books or playmats as an official university gaming club, then they have no more ability to tell you to keep him than they do to tell you who to take out drinking.

>>50090647
I'd boot the poor fellow. You could suggest that he try some online play or find a different group, but boot him nonetheless.

>>50091071
Yeah, where's this from, eh?
>>
If he kills himself it wont be "on your hands", don't let him take your game hostage like that. Boot that stupid bitch.
>>
>>50090647
Boot him, re-invite him then boot his ass again for trying to hold your game hostage.
What a massive prick.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.