[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a while ago I was curious about D&D and started watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: E6e7_dungeons_dragons.jpg (98KB, 600x710px) Image search: [Google]
E6e7_dungeons_dragons.jpg
98KB, 600x710px
So a while ago I was curious about D&D and started watching the show Critical Role. Now there's nothing more I want to do than play the fuck out of this game because it basically has no boundaries unlike a non tabletop game. My question is where the fuck do I start? I have maybe 1 friend who'd be interested but I have no idea where to find people or what to buy first or anything. Can anyone answer some questions for me?
>>
>>50088065
If at all possible, it's best to start as a player than as a DM. You can find groups through local game stores or through reddit (which actually has an excellent d&d community, I recommend going there even if you're experience.) Look for pdf downloads of the Fifth Edition Player's Handbook, the Monster Manual, and the Dungeon Masters Guide. Reading through these will help you understand the game better, but playing is definitely the best way to learn.
>>
>>50088065
>watching the show Critical Role. Now there's nothing more I want to do than play

First time, and anytime I "WATCH" a D&D adventure, I am bored to fucking tears.

Yes they are fun to play. Not watch.

I will never understand you people who can do that.

ANYWAY, grab some friends you want to play with OP. Hunt down your local game store, you might know it as the store that "Sells board games" or magic cards.
>>
>>50088154
Not op, have also recently started watching critical role, what makes it fun for me is the fact that they are voice actors really brings the story and characters to life, and the jokes and humorous moments are nice
>>
>>50088187
It gets even funnier in the later episodes literally laughing to tears
>>
Op here thanks guys for the info I'm about to sell my soul to a board game which I thought would never happen
>>
>>50088264
Wrong thread.
You're looking for /bgg/.
>>
>>50088264
>Calling it a board game
You're not ready
>>
>>50088579
Should I called it a tabletop game?
>>
File: overview.jpg (2MB, 3150x2400px) Image search: [Google]
overview.jpg
2MB, 3150x2400px
>>50088701
It's an rpg, that's the genre it comes from.
>>
>>50088579
Technically yes, although that was more of a joke than anything. People don't actually give a shit
>>
Download GUPRS Lite (It's free!) and see if you have any buddies that are interested. Try looking for a listing at a FLGS or online listings like on Mythweavers.
>>
>>50088120
To add on to what this anon said, I would caution you about the weekly d&d encounters/pathfinder society at your flgs.
They can be great places to start off and teach you most of the basics but, in my experience, they lack the freedom and entertainment value you get from an actual group.
>>
>>50088065
The D&D starter set is intentionally cheaper than everything else by a wide margin. It's their loss leader. If you aren't sure whether to commit to more, buy it. The rules aren't as extensive as those in the phb, but it's a playable set of rules, a set of dice and a really good axventure for the cost of two sets of dice
>>
>>50088065
This PDF has links to how to get started RPGing, specifically for the new edition of D&D 5th.
>>
>>50088065
the 5e Beginner game set

on Amazon for about $13

or hit up the 5e general and download the books
>>
>>50088154
It's a lot like watching streamings or YouTube or Twitch, it's just as much, if not more so, about the players and what the bring to the table as it is the game.
>>
>>50089280
>People don't actually give a shit
it's incredibly serious business
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.