[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ravnicanon 5e adventures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1477102229223.png (152KB, 358x432px) Image search: [Google]
1477102229223.png
152KB, 358x432px
Sup /tg/? Anon that wanted to run a Ravnica 5e campaign here. Reporting back on how the first session went.

So here's the party.

2 are my friends, the third is a tumblrina. One of my buddies wants to play warlock. I think it over and decide I works in the setting with a kind of black/blue or black/red guild supporting it, the magic exists in the setting. Then he decides he wants to be a revenant. I look through the rules, and while it seems stupidly OP, I tell him I can allow it with certain limitations, which he says won't be an issue so long as the character is playable. His backstory is that he is a street urchin with no family he can remember.

Buddy 2 decides on a Rogue, with a backstory of being a smuggler and a bit of a scoundrel. Pretty bog standard, so I agree. He gives me his backstory of being a smuggler of secrets and small time items for the Dimir guild, which sets up what happens later, and basically the whole campaign so far. Him and the Warlock have an intrically woven story (if you call it that).

the tumblrina (not really, just leans heavy left and is a landwhale), rolls a wood elf barbarian with ridiculous stats (17 in all combat stats, int is dump at 10, wis at 15 cha 15), which I allow because I scale encounters to players anyway so stats aren't an issue. she comes up with the backstory of her family and village being murdered/pillaged. Works in ravnica, Rakdos came and murder rape orgied her section of the city and she now has no home.

So interesting fact about revenant, they need to suffer a cruel and unjust fate to become one. So with the rogue telling me he's a bit of a scoundrel and doesn't care about much except his own hide, I come up with the story hook.

will continue in next post, field too long.
>>
File: 1397180391564.jpg (232KB, 1090x970px) Image search: [Google]
1397180391564.jpg
232KB, 1090x970px
I have no idea who the fuck you are, but you have my attention
>>
>>50075673

Rogue was "transporting" some illicit goods. Specifically some high end illegal artifacts from a high up member of the Dimir guild to a noble in the Orzhov guild. It was going smoothly until he made it about fifty feet from the drop point near the outskirts of the Azorius controlled section, where he was sprung by a patrol of Boros peacekeepers that he was told would not be there. With no other options at his disposal, and only a few seconds before he would be spotted, he dumped the goods at the feet of the Warlock, and quickly fled through the sewer systems. Naturally, the Boros being the loose cannon cops that they were, assumed that the urchin was a thief of relics of both high illegitimacy and wealth, and he was summarily executed.

Now, the Barbarian was wandering through the area, attempting to find somebody of either high enough status or strong enough to help her get her revenge on the rampaging Rakdos guild, but due to the whole Guildpact thing, nobody in a guild can help her achieve her goals. she notices the Merfolk Warlock being dragged by his arms through the streets into the Azorius/Boros controlled section of the city, screaming "IT wasn't me! I did nothing, it was that other guy!" while he was pointing madly in the direction he came from. With nothing better to do, she decides to investigate the area, and notices a manhole is slightly off it's cover, so she decides to investigate the sewers.

Cut to our rogue again. He has escaped into the sewers, and after taking a quick breather, has a quick look around. He finds a symbol etched on a wall, and thinking it seems vaguely familiar, he searches the wall to find a secret passage, leading to a hidden smugglers den. After a bit of confrontation with the portly middle aged man guarding the place, he settles down to rest, and begins to plan how he will be repaying/convincing the guild to spare his life.
>>
>>50075775
Cut to our Warlock. He's been executed, of course. But, due to the inherent magical nature of Ravnica (and with the help of an incredibly malevolent spirit) he wakes up in a pile of corpses in a sewer system. With no memory of who he is (there isn't even a name on his character sheet), he begins wandering the sewers. Both he and the barbarian stumble upon the secret entrance to the smugglers den, with the warlock discovering the entrance out of sheer dumb luck, and the barbarian stealthily watching over the Merfolk from around the corner.

The merman makes his way into the den, but is stopped by an invisible wall. After hearing a voice shouting something he can't quite understand, he takes a heavy bolt to the chest and is instantly downed. Now, normally mechanics would have him just get up in 6 seconds (fuck revenant is OP), but through DM fiat (no issue with the player, he likes story based shit in campaigns), he's out cold. He's not bleeding though, as revenants in my particular flavor for this setting don't bleed, don't breathe, eat or drink either. So the old man drags the merfolk "corpse" into the den to hide it fro authorities, and the barbarian bursts in, screaming at him to drop the body and asking what the fuck is going on.

cont, i'm typing this all up at the moment.
>>
>>50075854
So with all of this going on, the old guy is telling our rogue to take care of the other intruder, because he only packed one bolt for his crossbow because he's incompetent, and he immediately starts searching for another one.

Cue the rogue and barbarian getting into a fight. the barbarian draws her shield and staff (wanted to go nonlethal) and proceeds to beat the shit out of the rogue. Rogue tried to fire a bow at barbarian, only to have it deflect off the shield, and he almost gets Glenn'd. He gets knocked the fuck out 2 turns into combat.

Meanwhile the warlock is waking up, freaking the absolute fuck out because he's supposed to be dead, the arrow hit his heart dead on. With no control over himself, he loses his mind and screams, shattering the "party"s eardrums, and basically causing the old man to have an aneurysm, making him fall unconscious (he cast some thundering spell from sheer instinct, one of the downsides he got). The barbarian scans the room, and ties up the rogue and old man. The warlock is in a corner of the room, touching the bolt in his chest and wimpering.

The rogue wakes up, thankfully not actually dying, with one of his eyes popping slightly out of it's socket. The barbarian kneels down, pokes the eye back into the socket (much to the rogues extreme discomfort). She begins questioning him, and he feels blood on his clothing from his back. The old man is dead, his brain hemorrhaged and his ears leaking blood.

He answers truthfully. He is a smuggler, he did a few odd jobs, but never killed people. So they make a pact between them. She will protect him, from the poeple who are currently wanting him dead, and future ones, in exchange for his "services" and knowledge.

The warlock is still crying, but offers to help as well.
>>
>>50076034
After deciding they need to take a rest, with the rogue literally bleeding profusely from the head and nursing an eye that feels like it will never see right again, the rogue and warlock have a nap. The barbarian was kind enough to tear the bolt out of his chest.

The barbarian meditates for a few hours, until she hears something moving in the hallway leading to the sewers, readying her sword, she waits, until the invisible wall falls. She immediately charges at the first thing that moves, initiating combat. The other two wake up instantly, with the rogue rolling out of bed groggy, dazed and confused.

the barbarian IMMEDIATELY takes an arrow to the chest (it's a big target), slowing down breifly but still reaching her target and cleaving it from shoulder to spine instantly. However, he has no weapons on him whatsoever. She fails two con saves, taking bleeding damage and poison damage, and immediately falls to her knees, weakened from the exertion. The rogue immediately jumps to her aid, compelled by the Pact, and starts running around the room tossing flour everywhere (cheeky fucker has played for years, he knows how to deal with invisibility). They spot a humanoid figure in the tunnel, only made out by the flour that's stuck to him, and he lunges at it, scoring a hit with his rapier, wounding the figure. The warlock attempts to attack him with a specific spell, but due to him not really fully understand his powers (lol memory loss), he instead blasts both the rogue AND the target with a bolt of eldritch energy.

The barbarian, with her last reserves of energy, reaches to her pack, pulls out a javelin, and throws it beween the rogue and the merfolk, scoring the figure in the chest, and pinning it to the wall. Whatever illusion it had seemed to have lost it's power, revealing another man. They find a note on his body, stating that if the old man wasn't heard from in half a day, to "investigate" and "deal with the problem".
>>
>>50076238
The barbarian stems the bleeding, and the rogue finds out, through his years of experience, that the poison the assassins/thugs were using can be cured with alcohol. Either applied directly to the wound, like an antispetic, or drank in copious amounts. If drank, it takes a a short rest of time and drinking to cure it, if applied directly, it recovers immediately, but talks a half action to do.

And that's where the session ends. The characters have a home base in a smugglers den located in the sewers, and I'm currently at odds deciding what to do with them next week.
>>
Bumping this thread due to interest.
>>
>>50076365
Well, they need a source of income don't they? Also, I get the feeling that your barbarian would attack any Rakdos she sees, so you can play off of that.
>>
>>50079754
>need a source of income

that they do, although the den they're in has enough supplies to last them a week at the very least. I suppose I can have them wander around one of the guildless areas trying to find some form of income. The barbarian fucking up Rakdos may be an issue as they're still only level one.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.