[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super hero general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3172x2464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3172x2464px
PDF sharing edition!

Thread topic(s)
>Does your group do random power generation? If so, what methods do you use?
>What are the merits and flaws of random power generation?
>Character/power ideas?
>>
Superheroes are literally the most pleb-tier powerwank setting there is.

Just do freeform if youre just going to jack off to a 30s pulp cartoon where none of the supers actually die even when they are killed.

Fuck, even Savage Worlds has their "heroes never die" bullshit rule. What is the point of even playing then? You could just have your character fellate a shotgun over and over and nothing would happen. Fuck that.
>>
>>50073936
Nice straw man. Let's break it down.
>You assume that all superhero games are just power wanks at the player characters' perfection
>You're assuming all GMs let anything go
>You assume player characters can't get killed
>You assume we all use the same system
>You assume it's a mastaburbatory power fantasy.
All of these ideas lead me to believe you are just fishing for attention.
>>
>>50074125
Well then it's not a superhero game. By that definition, D&D is a superhero game. Which it is. Which is part of why it sucks.
>>
>>50074222
How did you get to the conclusion that because superhero games are not all masturbatory power fantasies that D&D is a super hero game.
>>
Let's say I choose the disadvantage (mute:physical complication) when I make a mime hero. Would I lose the extra character points if I run into a healer that can repair it? Or will it be arbitrarily impossible to heal?
>>
>>50074618
You can't get healed because he/she requires verbal consent first.
>>
My favorite superhero RPG, though the explanation of how to make powers is wonky at best.
The creator has a site where lists a bit by bit tutorial on how to build powers that really should have been in the main book.
>>
File: bibeast.gif (65KB, 540x387px) Image search: [Google]
bibeast.gif
65KB, 540x387px
If your not sure how to make a villain, just copy bi-beast. he's the best
>>
free FASERIP stuff

http://www.classicmarvelforever.com/cms/
>>
>>50074891

Having seen him, I completely agree, 100%.
>>
File: Texas Twister.jpg (349KB, 2048x1321px) Image search: [Google]
Texas Twister.jpg
349KB, 2048x1321px
>>50075066
Texas Twister is also pretty great
>>
>>50075640
>>50074891
How about combine them into "Texas Twice-ster"
>>
LIVE YOU MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>50075640
>>50074891
What are these guys from?
>>
>>50074473
On a bit of a pure technicality, D&D is a game about a bunch of guys much stronger than common man going out and battling threats to their peaceful lives. So yeah, somewhat superheroic.
>>
Water seperation?
Death nullification?
Evolution?
Power mimickry immunity?
Restoration (anything)?
Each one of these could be powerful in circumstances.
>Split water like Moses.
>Restore the body to perfect health with restoration and revive someone like Jesus.
>Evolution is just plain old "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" literally.
>Power mimickry is the useless one actuallyz
>>
>>50073694
HERO system is a crunchy system, but it's also exceptionally accurate.
>>
>>50083687
I'd say it's harder to do balanced combat because unless everyone has the same SPD stat characters are going to walk all over the slower ones.
>>
>>50084024
Eh, not really. Depends on what their other stats look like. You can be SPD 12, but if your best strike's a 6D6 HA and your enemy's got a 30 Def, he's probably going to beat your ass, regardless of SPD.
>>
>>50084084
There's a reason SPD is 10 points.
>>
>>50084114
And then there's a reason everyone has at least 4 SPD, regardless of an actual reflection on the character (wheelchair bound tinker has 4 SPD)
>>
How do you do a discovery phase for a superhero? The player would already know every single thing about their powers beforehand so how do I minimize the OOC bleeding into the power discovery portion (since we like to start characters right after discovering/getting their powers)?
Should I tell them to keep their powers/advantages section blank, tell them to leave out how ever many points for their power from their character, and then build their power via random generator for them?
>>
>>50084233
Nah, normals have SPD 2. As do many armor-based heroes out of their suits, some will get up to 3 or 4 if they're wicked fast. That said, yeah, a wheelchair bound guy probably has his walking on an OIF or OAF, depending on how he decided to write the wheelchair, and has no leaping or swimming. It's just a number of actions you make in a round, really.

>>50084275
You have their character sheet and when they try to do something, you describe the results, if it pings off of one of their powers, then the power activates.
>>
>>50073694
I am currently working on a villain who's concept I partly salvaged from the crappy fetish RPG Black Tokyo. I took the concept of the ghosts of a mother who died in childbirth and her stillborn child and mixed in some Mr. Freeze style tragic villain. She is a threat because she is willing to do anything to bring her baby back to life, including sacrificing other people for their life-force. On some level she knows what she is doing is wrong, but her only concession to morality is to only use the resurrection on the baby and not herself.

Any suggestions?
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 400x115px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 400x115px
>>50073694
Waiting patiently for pic related
>>
>>50085276
Any other stories like that or fanfiction you particularly enjoy?
>>
>>50085276
What's that?
>>
>>50087703
Only the best non-overpowered super-themed webnovel ever!
>>
>>50087755
Ah right, more wormers.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.