[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Times you fell in love with a character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: selune_by_isriana-d39w4fm.jpg (148KB, 800x1086px) Image search: [Google]
selune_by_isriana-d39w4fm.jpg
148KB, 800x1086px
Who were they, /tg/?
>inb4 autism, neckbeard, etc
>>
>>50066384

Yes, I fell in love with the leader of the evil empire. You see, the plot of the game was that we were supposed to, eventually, side with the plucky rebels and flee with the Gundam-esque machines that we were the test pilots of.

All the leader wanted was a world that was united, a future of raised fists and jackboots. A human future, without those filthy spacenoids constantly agitating for independence. But I knew what we had to do, so I went along with the others.

At any rate, in the final battle, we stormed his battleship/space fortress. It had a superweapon, one that could wipe out entire fleets in cleansing lines of ionic death. I was the one who got there first, and - when his elite guard was cut down - my heart sank when one of the PCs shot him before dying.

I went to his side, and said, through tears:

> "Forgive me. Your vision - It's so beautiful. I...I didn't know."

He looked up at me and smiled, and he laid a bloody hand on my shoulder. With his last breath, he said.

> "I forgive you, son. Now burn them."

And so I turned the weapon on the fleet, and incinerated all the rebels, all the subhumans, and all the communists in one titanic blast of cleansing positron death. I realized, in the end - just before the core exploded, annihilating me too - that it's never too late for a man to allow love to enter his heart.
>>
>>50067057
It's times like these when I wish autism was lethal.
>>
>>50067075
>stop having badwrongfun and go rollplay!

The maturity standards set for games of pretending to be spellflinging fairies never cease to amuse me.
>>
>>50067057

fpbp
>>
File: why_we_cant_have_nice_things.jpg (40KB, 555x448px) Image search: [Google]
why_we_cant_have_nice_things.jpg
40KB, 555x448px
>>50067075
I wish people making STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE-Posts would die instantly the moment they hit enter.
>>
>>50067057
Gaaaaaaay.
>>
>>50066384
I had an NPC who was an ex-slave and servant to the bbeg. Friend of the PCs too.

She used her influence to tweak the noses of all who would have looked down on her when she was a slave. She used her position to lay down some ethical boundaries that her bbeg boss was not to cross (which she could do because they really hit it off and were pals) and to throw some lucrative work in the direction of the PCs, who were her friends and had saved her at one point.

Naturally, the PCs murdered her and her boss.
>>
>>50068072
>Naturally, the PCs murdered her and her boss.
I want the RPG meta of killing off interesting characters and wondering why campaigns suck to leave.
>>
>>50068139
It's okay, they were Bad Guys.
>>
>>50068072
Did you rocksfall the group for killing youre waifu?
>>
>>50068281
Nope. Living happily ever after.

To be honest, her boss was a better waifu but I liked them together, their dynamic. The overarching plot involved her boss (young chromatic dragon) being a new, terrifying, upstart power in the region. But despite being an evil dragon, not necessarily awful, impossible to work with, or worse than what was already present. But what if she turned worse when older and more dangerous, after a few centuries?

Grey on grey morality, no incorrect choice, I was going to accept whatever choice the PCs made with whatever reasoning they used.

The fuckers knee-jerked from "chromatic dragon" to "evil" and murdered both of them over the objectives of the one PC who was busy working that friendship and trying to teach the dragon to be a gentler ruler. There was no wrong answer and they STILL failed.

That one PC had ex-slave reincarnated as an attempt to say sorry for the whole "my husband and friends murdered your bestie and you and you're also penniless and unemployed now". Ex-slave set off on a quest to find a way to resurrect her boss while everyone else got a happily ever after and carved up the remains of her best friend.
>>
>>50066384
Not Love, but something similar. She was some kind of, lets call it elvish noble, whose brother had sacrificed himself for her security. Forever beeing at her side but not really present either. A shadow kind of thing but not undead. Kinda hard to explain...
We traveled a long time with her (and him) without knowing of their story and then we fucked up bad and they left us. Until then there was a bit of a composition to something bigger. Not clear yet but i felt something.

When we returned, repented to some degree, their story unfolded. Everythign was perfect, the GM was absolutly in character, the music fitted and she had tears in her eyes. I wanted to help her, not only as a character but as a person too. But i was weak... i let people tell me i wasn't the right person and they startled a fear that i really wasn't, and i was afraid of this role, of this talk of all the things that were necessary because i was wading through a though tie in my life around that capaign and so my self esteem was not as high as it used to be... and so my good friend went after her and talked to her. Until she joined us once again...there was nothing romantic in any kind of way but i still liked that NPC....
Then my character died and there was nothing left to do.
And sometimes, to this day, when i listen to that song, i still get sad. I cant even hear it when I'm in a good mood. It just feels wrong... In the end she needed someone to be there for her but that one wasn't me. It could have been but i willl never know and there is only regret left. And the possibility that someday another character of mine can see her again and maybe
>>
>>50069695
cont.
and maybe this other, new character can be there for her. Be a friend. Even if it will be hard for this plot to accumulate to such heigths again. But i still want her to live a happy life.
>>
>>50069727
"I" should be capitalized even when it isn't at the beginning of a sentence, anon.
>>
>>50069806
really?? was it that hard to read anon?

Not Love, but something similar. She was some kind of, lets call it elvish noble, whose brother had sacrificed himself for her security. Forever beeing at her side but not really present either. A shadow kind of thing but not undead. Kinda hard to explain...
We traveled a long time with her (and him) without knowing of their story and then we fucked up bad and they left us. Until then there was a bit of a composition to something bigger. Not clear yet but I felt something.

When we returned, repented to some degree, their story unfolded. Everythign was perfect, the GM was absolutly in character, the music fitted and she had tears in her eyes. I wanted to help her, not only as a character but as a person too. But I was weak... I let people tell me I wasn't the right person and they startled a fear that I really wasn't, and I was afraid of this role, of this talk of all the things that were necessary because I was wading through a though tie in my life around that capaign and so my self esteem was not as high as it used to be... and so my good friend went after her and talked to her. Until she joined us once again...there was nothing romantic in any kind of way but I still liked that NPC....
Then my character died and there was nothing left to do.
And sometimes, to this day, when I listen to that song, I still get sad. I cant even hear it when I'm in a good mood. It just feels wrong... In the end she needed someone to be there for her but that one wasn't me. It could have been but I willl never know and there is only regret left. And the possibility that someday another character of mine can see her again and maybe
and maybe this other, new character can be there for her. Be a friend. Even if it will be hard for this plot to accumulate to such heigths again. But I still want her to live a happy life.

Happy now?
>>
>>50070188
Baby steps. Now try using line breaks regularly.
>>
>>50070277
I'm not replying further to you after this post. Goodbye.

That's what you get when you just want to tell a Story.
>>
>>50070457
>That's what you get when you just want to tell a Story.
First rule of online Roleplaying games. You will never tell a story without cunts throwing spanners for shits and giggles.

This rule can manifest in myriad forms.
>>
Bump for the moon.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.