[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me make a new Homebrew!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Ghost Riders.jpg (34KB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Riders.jpg
34KB, 640x347px
What's up, /tg/. I've had an idea for a homebrew setting rattling around my head for a few weeks. Got some stuff written down, but nothing's solid yet.
Premise: Cowboys vs All Mythology. Interested?
>>
>>50062264
>Interested?
sort of.

can we have a cowboy based organization sending agents all over the world to fight the myths?
>>
File: DF_WHY.png (4KB, 139x123px) Image search: [Google]
DF_WHY.png
4KB, 139x123px
>>
>>50062264
I'm your huckleberry.
>>
>>50062549
Okay, maybe I should clarify:
The world has always had its myths and monsters, and somehow, despite the best efforts of the gods, humanity got to the stage where we can get around in trains and kill things from farther than the range of a bow. Supernatural activity has gone FUCKING BONKERS because everyone is terrified of the tech humanity got their hands on. (Except Prometheus, Hephaestus, and a bunch of other gods of fire and the uplifting of the weak through SUPERIOR ENGINEERING.)
Yeah, some of the more "pest-like" monsters (such as werewolves) could have an organization(s) dedicated to keeping them under control. Hunters Guild?
>>
>>50062570
Because Cowboys vs. Aliens was an AAA movie that made money. Also because I feel like it.
>>
>>50062623
except it wouldn't be cowboys...not everyplace.

cultures would vary and some terrain is cowboy proof or cowboy resistant.
>>
>>50062649
Well, yeah. I just meant cowboy ERA, with the primary focus being on western America, 'cause that's where I live.
>>
Here, have a wall of words.
Species:
Deity: NPC only. The most powerful beings in existence (supposedly). Most can’t act outside their realm without their power being channeled through one of their symbols or an Avatar. Power levels come in tiers (more on that later).
Representatives: More of a classification then a species, Representatives are things like Angels, Demons, etc.
Angel: A powerful being in service to the Christian God. Has many abilities, including smiting (the destruction of a non-physical being like a Possessor Demon) and flight (those wings ain’t just for show, baby). In mortal form, they’re as vulnerable to bullets as anything else. Subject to Heavenly Mandates.
Demon: Slightly less powerful than an Angel, but there are many, many more of them. Comes in two forms: Possessor and Physical. Possessor Demons are incorporeal, and need a host to have an effect on the world. They aren’t picky: animals, corpses, etc is all fair game. Being possessed can be warded against. Possessors can be exorcised. Physical Demons need to be summoned by a being already on the mortal plane. They come with their own forms. Generally more powerful physically than Possessors, but with less magic. Cannot be exorcised, but they can be banished by killing them.
Monster: The catchall term for anything that is a self-reproductive sentient organism that isn’t human. Self-reproduction can occur through infection (Vampires and Werewolves) or through TEH SEXIES.
Human: Humanity, fuck yeah. We aren’t the strongest or fastest or toughest, but we more than make up for that in numbers and guns. Humans are noted for fucking anything that moves, so hybrids are common. Humans are currently the dominant species on the mortal plane and fighting to keep it that way. Most access to technology, with the fewest penalties for using it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.