[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imperium Asunder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 42

File: Asunder Map.png (4MB, 1398x1398px) Image search: [Google]
Asunder Map.png
4MB, 1398x1398px
Regrets edition
Previously on Imperium Asunder >>49978987

This is a 40k alt-lore thread with new legions to replace the old ones, new xenos races in addition to the old ones, and a bunch of other wild shit , new posters are always welcome.
Want to find out what the setting's deal is? Check out our wiki.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_Asunder
The wiki is still not as up to date as we'd like, feel free to post questions/clarifications/ideas

Thread Prompt: Roll for a legion and write about an instance where your legion fought against them post-heresy, be it a skirmish or an all-out war.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>50061704
Rolling.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

Rolling the battle for Sky Serpents.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>50062089
Well, that's not going to work. I can switch that over to the Behemoth Guard fighting them.
Take II
>>
>>50062105
Hmmm... Sky Serpents vs Negators it is...
Which reminds me, I need to detail that naval battle in the asteroid belt during the heresy.
Besides the usual sort of battle during a crusade, I'm thinking something like
>A Score to Settle
In M33, Dark Eldar in the court of Aodhán impune his honor, suggesting that he fled from Xun to reach the seige of Terra, rather than fighting his way through. The allegations pick up currency with those dissatisfied with Aodhan's relative inactivity.
Looking to clear his name, Aodhán takes the Answerer and sets off for the Jade Empire.
Unfortunately for Aodhán, Xun's concept of honor differs from his own and Aodhán must resort to attacking Jade Empire worlds in an effort to draw out Xun for single combat.
On the world of Gehenna, the Sky Serpents deploy against the Negators.
Xun knows he can't take Aodhán in battle, but also knows Aodhán won't leave until he has a good story to tell.
So from here, I've got a few ideas:

>He pulls a Russ style Night of the Wolf, using himself as bait to draw Aodhán into an exposed position. Aodhán recognizes he's been beaten and departs.

>Xun tricks him. Somehow. Perhaps a ritual to generate an illusion.

>Xun goes out and refuses to fight, saying basically "dude, you'll kick my ass. This isn't honorable or glorious. Fuck off." Aodhán is embarassed.

>Xun goes out and fights him and slaps Aodhán silly using sorcery. Aodhán realizes he's going to be beaten by a filthy sorceror and retreats to consider ways to deal with this vulnerability.

Any other ideas?
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>50061704
>>
>>50062360
>Xun meets him in combat.
>Points out that he can only win using sorcery, which would be dishonourable, but without it, is no contest, may as well go around kicking puppies
>Offers him a different challenge.
>Say idk, first to 3 strikes, first blood, or something else use your imagination
>maybe even puts on a handicap. Like "why not fight me with your left hand only and eyes closed, type of deal"
>Sells it to him, either I win the contest and everyone says that I won only because you limited yourself, or you win and you look all the better for having done so despite the limitations.
>Aodhan is like, im just here to stop people bitching anyway, that sounds fun.
>rabble rabble
>Aodhan wins, leaves with honour intact, and his glory enhanced.
>Xun is like, well that went surprisingly well

I don't know how close a fight would be between the two if Xun uses sorcery, if its a 1way win for him, I'd have him not use it. If its still close or straight up not enough, then I'd have him use it. YMMV

>>50062437
Ironhearts? I think.

>The Thrice Cursed Raid of Gorthmogs Lair

The Ironheart fortress dubbed 'Gorthmogs Lair' for its now infamous War Smith Gorthmog Darkbane of the Ironhearts Legion.

He boasted many a time that his fortress was impervious to outside forces, able to withstand any assault, from any aggressor. So much so that various Negator Warbands even took up the challenge, though none ever had the honour of penetrating the outer walls, though one legendary champion did make planet fall.

The Negators were not the only vainglorious Astartes to hear this boast and respond to the challenge.

Strike Captain Ezekiel Titus also took this as an opportunity to have his saga sung for many years to come, and devoted himself to the study of this now infamous fortress.

For decades he planned and plotted, attempting to study its orbital and land based defences, having tracked down and interrogated other Ironhearts to gain what advantage he could.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>50061827
>broken blades
That won't work. Rerolling.
>>
>>50062693
>Thrice Cursed Raid
Ezekiel captured, interrogated, and executed no less than a dozen Ironheart Astartes, and threw his efforts he determined a pattern in his designs, as well as a tendency of excessive cruelty.

After what seemed like a millennia, Ezekiel and a small cadre of his finest operatives began their daring raid of the fortress. Utilising a legion stealth cruiser not seen since the heresy, they infiltrated the orbit and began their descent.

The infilitration from planet fall was made on foot, utilising a proto-type armour unlike any an Astartes had worn before, supposedly made by the master artisans of the Jade Empire. The team made their way through not only the outer perimeter but into the inner cordon before disaster struck.

One of the proto-type suits malfunctioned, their design meant to disperse their heat signatures, the failing suit only contained it. The Astartes inside roasting alive, and more so - activating various sensors and alarms of Gorthmogs own design.

What happened next has been lost to history, told a dozen different ways by the survivors of the day. One legend speaks of a epic battle fought against demon-servitors, armed with all manner of arcane devices. Another, that Gorthmog himself appeared and slew half a dozen brothers before finally meeting his match with Ezekiel, who cut him three times, the most punishing of which was across his furnace-blasted face, a scar that endures to this day. Others still speak of a valiant raid through the compound, reclaiming lost relics of the Imperium.

What is known is that of the brave Astartes that made planet fall, only a dozen returned

As for Gorthmog, he swore an unholy oath to have his vengeance, thrice cursing the Warhawks for their crimes, and in recent years his forges have become far more active. What revenge he plots though, nobody knows.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

Whoever came up with diceprompting is a genius
>>
File: BanQHA4.jpg (161KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
BanQHA4.jpg
161KB, 894x894px
>>50064147
Angels vs Angels?
>>
File: reaction-ohyes.gif (418KB, 220x263px) Image search: [Google]
reaction-ohyes.gif
418KB, 220x263px
>>50064165
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH
>>
File: 1477940542727.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1477940542727.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>50064165
I am amused with this turn of events. However, how would this work? Do they have a disagreement, some of them fall to heresy or just a misunderstanding with fatal consequences?
Also, I feel like writefagging again, and for a change, have time to start as soon as I have the general idea of what I'm going to write. Any requests? Theme and participants of a short story?
>>
>>50064360
I'd love if you wrote something about the Hawks or a character from there.

I don't even care what. I'm keen to see what others can do with them.
>>
>>50064360
>I am amused with this turn of events. However, how would this work? Do they have a disagreement, some of them fall to heresy or just a misunderstanding with fatal consequences?
Well during the Age of Apostacy there's a great deal of civil strife in Imperium Minorum, and occasionally disputes between chapters over territory or other bs will turn to bloodshed.
>>
>>50064360
>how could this work
Ill take, what is a holy war for 500 alex.

ALTERNATIVELY

>muh resources
>muh honour
>muh friendly fire
>>
Anyone have a link to that story where the traitors meet, planning the heresy? I think Alexios wrote it. Would be interesting to revisit that one, since some changes have been made to the characters.
>>
>>50064401
Due to lack of better ideas, they shall face the Black Suns in naval combat.

The Crimson Warhawks have had little to do with the enigmatic Black Suns of the Calixis-sector. However, their one encounter was disastrous to both sides, as a Sabre company on scouting mission strayed too close to the ice-planet of Mara.

Commander Kaellios, who was in charge of the fleet of a Frigate and three destroyers, stared at the command console, deep in thought. He had completed his mission and gathered intelligence on Segmentum Obscurus´ situation. However, as his fleet was returning to base, a malfunction forced them to return to realspace, right outside Mara system, where they detected five Chalice-class battlecruisers and eight frigates on intercept course. This was worrying, as the Black Suns had supposedly little naval strength remaining, yet they had a blockade around the dead planet... The intel must have been severely inaccurate.

As the ships approached, Kaellios ordered a retreat, as he sent message to the base of the situation. Seeing he could not outrun the enemy, he began to play for time by using whatever he had: Nebulae, asteroids and gravity wells of the local astral bodies favoured him, and he managed to keep distance for nearly five hours. It was then he launched his counteroffensive.
>>
>>50062360
>Unfortunately for Aodhán, Xun's concept of honor differs from his own and Aodhán must resort to attacking Jade Empire worlds in an effort to draw out Xun for single combat.

Kek.

>“Here is the man who most deeply wounded my soul, who killed my dear friend Patroklos. Now we two shall fight each other and Patroklos will be avenged by me.” Then he shouted to Hector, “Now Hector, your triumph and your life are at an end.”‘
>"No, go away, I'm busy."
>"...O-oh."
>>
>>50065630
Having separated the faster frigates from the battlecruisers, Kaellios made an all-or nothing assault against the eight ships. exchanging torpedoes, macrocannon shells and lance fire, the maneuverability and experience of Kaellios´ fleet overcame the superior numbers, at the cost of one of his destroyers, and his own frigate had sustained severe damage. Yet the Battlecruisers were hot on his heels, and things looked grim for them.
Kaellios frowned, for it would still be nearly a hour until his fleet could make the jump away. Pondering upon his options, he made the choice as the battlecruisers were about to catch up to his damaged fleet.
"Cripple their engines at any cost. We shall seek shelter behind the ice planet, and wait for the warp-engines to be ready."
The plan was simple, dangerous and nearly inconceiveably suicidal. Kaelios knew this, and gambled to save what remained of his fleet.

Their offensive surprised the Black Suns´ fleet: The mainly unaugmented crew of the enemy could not keep up with the maneuvering and reactions of the Astartes, fighters and bombers delivering crippling strikes to the engines as the frigate and destroyers pounded at the void shields, damaging the weapons that could easily annihilate them given the chance. Another destroyer was lost, and Kaellios did the unthinkable: He took ramming course against the last battlecruiser with its engines intact. Upon wings of fire his ship swooped down upon the Black Suns, punching straight through the battlecruiser with relentless barrage and armoured prow.

Barely intact, the Kaellios´ frigate reunited with the remaining destroyer, and escaped as the Black Suns reinforcements arrived.

However, something had infiltrated their ships, awakened by the violence and rage of the battle: Only the Frigate survived to base, as the Mara Strain Psychenuein consumed the crew of the destroyer.
>>
File: AodhanChallengesXun.gif (549KB, 500x249px) Image search: [Google]
AodhanChallengesXun.gif
549KB, 500x249px
>>50065786
>>
>>50065800
>simple, dangerous and nearly inconceiveably suicidal.

A simple plan, well-rehearsed, and aggressively executed is the key to success

> Warhawk motto

>>50065800
>>50065630
Wooooooo, awesome. Thanks - gonna save those.
>>
>>50065800
Among the most disastrous space battles of history, the conflict would have erupted into an all-out war had the Ash Bearers not destroyed the Black Suns mere months later. The event was later dubbed "Kaelios´ Gambit", and despite his fleet receiving crippling casualties, he was remembered a hero among the legion, defeating a force several times the strength of his fleet. He died during the Psychenuein infestation, protecting the bridge until the final approach to the base, where with reinforcements, the infestation was cleansed.
>>
>>50062360
>He pulls a Russ style Night of the Wolf, using himself as bait to draw Aodhán into an exposed position. Aodhán recognizes he's been beaten and departs.
>Xun tricks him. Somehow. Perhaps a ritual to generate an illusion.
>Xun goes out and refuses to fight, saying basically "dude, you'll kick my ass. This isn't honorable or glorious. Fuck off." Aodhán is embarassed.
>Xun goes out and fights him and slaps Aodhán silly using sorcery. Aodhán realizes he's going to be beaten by a filthy sorceror and retreats to consider ways to deal with this vulnerability.
>>50062693
>Xun meets him in combat.
>Points out that he can only win using sorcery, which would be dishonourable, but without it, is no contest, may as well go around kicking puppies
>Offers him a different challenge.
>etc etc etc

You could do a bunch of these over the course of a campaign. Like, Xun tries multiple methods of stopping him, and he either powers through them or keeps coming back from them. Drops him down a hole with TK? He climbs back up. Draws him into a poor position Russ style? He fights through, his entire retinue probably dying. Etc etc.

Eventually he just agrees to a fight where Aodhan is handicapped somehow, and while the traitor Primarch doesn't manage to kill Xun with his eyes covered or whatever, fighting like that silences whoever was complaining about him.

Alexios and Raydon bitch and moan about Xun not fighting to the bitter end to get a kill in.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>50061704
Prompt rollan.
>>
Lots of mentions of Psychenuein in this canon, I notice.

Are there any xenos we've invented purely for IA?
>>
>>50067297
Psychenuein?
>>
>>50067929
Warp bugs that plant their eggs in psyker brains.
>>
>>50065786
>>50066088
In 568.M33, the entire Tepectitlan System goes on high alert when the Answerer breaches the void and makes for the Throneworld. Even as the fleet moves to intercept, Aodhán opens communications , demanding that Xun face him in honorable combat to settle the score left open during the Heresy.
To his frustration, this request is met with the laughter of Xun's court. Xun declines Aodhán's challenge and Aodhán is dumbstruck. The Answerer withdraws under fire from the system defense fleet to reconsider things.
It had not occurred Aodhán that Xun would turn him down.
Aodhán resolves to raid the sector to "draw the snake from his hole".

>The Petty War
Aodhán summons his fleet in hopes of causing enough damage to draw the attention of the Primarch. In this he succeeds, for while defense forces are able to contain smaller raiding fleets, Aodhán has brought a crusade fleet held in abeyance only by its master's desire for personal combat. Xun sallies to meet him.
>>
File: comeatmebro.jpg (553KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
comeatmebro.jpg
553KB, 1440x900px
>"Hey bro, you killed my bro during the Heresy, come out and fite me, bro."
>"Go home Aodhan you're drunk."
>"No."
>"Aodhan go away, stop kicking my stuff over."
>"Oh hey what's this?"
>"Don't touch that, it's really" -
>"Whoops, who knew that thing would break if I threw an asteroid at it?"
>"Dude, stop."
>"Oh hey bro, why you got all these gnomes (demiurge) in your garden? I wonder what Alexios would say about that shit."
>"Motherfucker DO NOT" -
>"Dang he's not picking up his phone, drama queen much? I guess I'll have to leave him a message."
>"...Okay, gloves are coming off now. Sit right there and wait for me to come and kick your shit in."
>pic related
>>
>>50068769
Knowing that Aodhán will come to him, Xun prepares a trap on the planet coolname.
The world is a barely stable volcanic rock where Xun seeks to ensnare Aodhán with witchcraft. When Aodhán teleports down to face Xun, Sky Serpents sorcery throws him off course and into an illusory maze. The Sky Serpents strike swiftly, capitalizing on the confusion by launching an assault on the Negator fleet, while Xun clashes with Aodhán. Overflowing with the power of the warp, Xun over matches Aodhán, impaling him on Widowmaker. Victory is denied, however, when Aodhán is rescued not by his favored sons, but by the Blackclad, whose presence disrupts Xun. Unleashing strange creations from the Dark City devised by the denizens of Commoragh for use against their psyker kin, they force Xun to withdraw to Ultima Ratio Regum.
The cost of these sorcerous exertions is evident in the complexity of the sacrificial rites carried out in the weeks to come.
>>
>>50069080
>Planet coolname
Random generator says... Broxater III.
>>
File: Worldslayer.jpg (77KB, 357x499px) Image search: [Google]
Worldslayer.jpg
77KB, 357x499px
>>50069080
>survives being in or at least near a Hive when it explodes
>survives being teleported onto a crashing starship
>survives being stabbed by N'Kari
>survives being on top of his flagship when its nova cannon overloads
>survives being stabbed by pic related basically

Is Aodhan a fucking Perpetual or some shit?
>>
File: 1HWbzDB.jpg (295KB, 1120x800px) Image search: [Google]
1HWbzDB.jpg
295KB, 1120x800px
>>50065587
Oramar Elthiran stood in the corner. His mirrored armor mimicked the darkness, as did his swarthy unhelmed face. Tatood on his face were eldar runespells, and his eyes glowed with warplight. The chamber he hid in was wide, for it was one of the most important chambers in the whole of the galaxy. Oramar stood in an architectural nook of the Strategium chamber of the All Seeing Eye, greatest interstellar vessel of the Imperium of Man. When in low orbit of Terra, the massive ship could eclipse the moon. It was not anywhere near Terra now, however. At the center of the great chamber was a hololithic display table ten metres long. Around that table sat Oramar's traitorous brothers.

Traitors they were in many ways. Many of them had betrayed Oramar and his Warp Raider legion not unrecently, and Oramar had a long memory. He watched them from the shadows, his presence masked from all but one. They were now gathered for a different sort of treachery: Patricide. Oramar's plans were interwoven to their intentions, but he could not yet reveal his involvement. They stood like titans around the hololithic mountains and castles, and to Oramar's third eye they danced with omens more than any other being.
>>
File: 415095_sm.jpg (176KB, 577x1135px) Image search: [Google]
415095_sm.jpg
176KB, 577x1135px
>>50070076
At the head of the table stood the Warmaster. He was tall, a slender wisp of darkness. His artificor armor was black, trimmed with grey. His skin was pitch black like his armor, but his eyes were a splash of brilliant orange. Those eyes stood out, watchful suns which saw every minute detail. He held a dull iron crozius with its head on the floor, alluding to ancient terran scepters of regality.

At the Warmasters right hand stood Enoch the Relentless. He stood in Tartaros armor, its dull ceramite surface was unpainted, save for red command medals on his pauldrons and breastplate. He wore his helmet, and its visage was one of judgemental fury. On the shoulders of Enoch's armor were a pair of hurricane bolters, no doubt targeted by the auspex arrays of his helmet.
>>
File: 1435800130020.jpg (1MB, 919x1335px) Image search: [Google]
1435800130020.jpg
1MB, 919x1335px
>>50070087
Across from Enoch stood Balthasar Bornhold. He wore armor of red scales and pelts, tailored and embossed with skilled worksmanship. His shin was pale white, and his hair red like dried blood. That hair grew like a mane down the back of his neck and across his forearms, giving him a beastly appearance. He stood in a violent stance, as though ready to tackle any of his brothers in an eyeblink. His eyes darted across the hololiths before him with apparent bloodlust. On his right hand was a gloved power-talon, with a flint dagger on each articulated finger.

Standing close was Kashaln, primarch of the Silver Spears. His armor was plated in pure silver, and the countless cracks, scrapes, and bulletholes of the crusade had been filled in with gold as artistic memoirs. His forked moustache was brazen, decorating a face of immaculate beauty. In his right hand he held a long pike. Wrapped around the pike in a double helix were two snakes, one of gold, and one of silver. Each one's head made a spear tip at one end of the long spear, and though they seemed merely gold and silver, they would surely cut through any foe.
>>
File: zCRUBpq.jpg (409KB, 1920x1374px) Image search: [Google]
zCRUBpq.jpg
409KB, 1920x1374px
>>50070102
Gengrat Vannevar, the beast of Terrodyne, stood looming over the hololiths, their light illuminating him. His face was refined, his eyes piercing blue. From his head, where hair should have been, grew dozens of long, prehensile mechadendites. They hung like dreadlocks, each one with binary claws for grasping. His armor was a dark metallic blue, like iron discolored by oil. Its construction was unique, for no 'pattern' but Gengrat's own had been used to construct it. Its surfaces were long and angular, with sharp ridges.

Anshul the Resplendant sat, his six arms formed into meditative poses. His eyes were closed, for he was seeing the room by other means. He wore only light ringmail robes, which glimmered like lanterns from his luminous skin. In his lap sat a bow of ravanna white wood, with now arrows in sight.
>>
File: tuXQelF.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tuXQelF.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>50070128
At the far end of the table, standing as far from the Warmaster as he dared, stood Aodhan Kael, the Negator. His light artificer armor was dull grey, but painted across its cuirass were many patterns in woad blue. His skin was brilliant bronze, and his his long hair framed a statuesque face. He grinned with ironic mockery and brash confidence.

Next to Aodhan stood a hunchbacked, twisted figure. Its ancient armor was caked with verdigris, covering the dull bronze beneath. From its back sprung dozens of crude devices, servo arms, sensors, even a few tanks of unknown fluid. Each arm ended in a monstrous bronze chainfists as thick as tree trunks. At the center of the mutant's great armored torso was a massive crater, reaching deep into its chest. At the bottom of that crater, where the mutant's heart once was, there sat a rusted iron relic, pulsing with ancient light.
>>
File: Fzy2xSe.jpg (780KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Fzy2xSe.jpg
780KB, 2560x1440px
>>50070144
The Warmaster waved his hand, and the hololithic display shifted to a map of the Galaxy. Shipping routes, military defensive zones, micropolitical boundries, and a thousand other statistics spread across the display, an amount of data only the minds of Primarchs could truly process all at once. "Brothers, let us begin." His voice was like cold iron and silk, seeping into the mind. "The time has come, the Oathsworn have been censured and Cadia is prepared."

"CENSURE!" cracked the bronze mutant at the far end of the table, "CURSED BE THE WORD!" His voice came as though through speakers, crackling with distortions. He slamed a massive fist against the
table, crashing a corner and causing parts of the display to flicker. That part happened to contain the ancient world of Rust, homeworld of Rubinek. Oramar was blindsided. Rubinek had been censured for technoheresy nearly a century ago. He had not known the Rusted Lord still lived. He reeled at the possible implications, and then Rubinek spoke again. "YOU SAY YOU WISH TO SLAY OUR FATHER, SO I COME FROM HIDING. NOW YOU SPEAK OF WAR AGAINST THE OATHSWORN? HAVE I BEEN SOLD FOOL'S GOLD?"
>>
File: IKLWCt6.jpg (548KB, 2581x1629px) Image search: [Google]
IKLWCt6.jpg
548KB, 2581x1629px
>>50070159
Balthasar the Red chuckled, a low hearty rumble. "Rubinek's heart may be Iron, but his balls are tin!" He roared with a single gruff laugh, and slapped princely Kashaln on the back. "He does not have the stomach for the butchery that is to come. In truth I doubt he has a stomach at all." Balthasar motioned toward the hololiths, and they focused on the Solar System. Holy Terra sat in the center, with luna twirling around it. The Red Bastard continued in his gruff tone, "Faustus will not join us no matter the cause. He must be neutralized."

The Warmaster nodded his head graciously toward Balthasar, "Our beastly brother speaks truth. The Oathsworn must be neutralized before the war begins. We shall destroy my greatest adversary and dull the blades of our enemies in all at once." He keyed in new coordinates, and the display adjusted to show the galaxy once again. "Rubinek, you must burn Tepectitlan to ash. Xun's army must be swept out from under him." Rubinek made a motion which seemed vaguely like a nod, though it was hard to tell through his hunched posture.
>>
File: Helbrecht-Boss.jpg (457KB, 1919x1361px) Image search: [Google]
Helbrecht-Boss.jpg
457KB, 1919x1361px
>>50070174
"Gengrat?" said the Warmaster, "Are you still confident in your plan?" Gengrat Vannevar's cold eyes turned to the Warmaster, devious plans churning within like the gears of a clock. "The voices speak clearly. If I face Saul Sheridan on Armageddon, he will join us. There can be no doubt."

"Balthasar, you will lay in wait at Octarius, setting a trap for our brother Graha'nak." Balthasar's grin widened to a snarl, and he leaned forward, "I will turn the world to a charnel house, and build statues to the God of Skulls out of the Void Lords' sons." The Warmaster gave him a quiet smile, and turned to Enoch. "You will be in charge of our greatest battlefield, brother Enoch. We will draw the most defiant to Cadia, and there we will teach them the price of disobedience." Enoch did not speak, he merely rose a gauntleted fist to pound against his chest in salute.
>>
File: nweATkd.jpg (5MB, 4370x2622px) Image search: [Google]
nweATkd.jpg
5MB, 4370x2622px
>>50070191
"Anshul, you will have the hardest task of all..." the resplendant monk opened his eyes and spoke, "I must create a ruinstorm, that our foes may not fly from the appointed battlefields. This I already know." Oramar chose that moment to reveal himself.

"And what of Terra, brother? What of our father's seat?" Oramar stepped out of the shadows and translated fully into realspace. His wyrdwhip jingled against his hip as he walked down to the table where his brothers made plans of war. "You make plans to neutralize all of our enemies, save the greatest. What of the Emperor?" The other primarchs' reactions were varied. Kashaln and Gengrat seemed confused, and Aodhan's face was one of wry amusement. Balthasar, however, showed only raw aggression and hate, "What is this foul wych doing here? Have you come to finally meet the executioner's blade, knife-ear?"
>>
File: WKslsQR.jpg (183KB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
WKslsQR.jpg
183KB, 736x460px
>>50070211
The Warmaster rose a hand to silence Balthasar. "I have kept Oramar's involvement in my plans secret, for I feared reactions such as this. He has been integral to my designs, and is personally responsible for some of you being here. You will show respect where it is due, Balthasar, and forget past grievances. No longer are we our father's sons, set to do his will. Now we fight for ourselves."
>>
File: Volrath 3.jpg (186KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Volrath 3.jpg
186KB, 300x400px
>>50069080
Excellent.

>>50069714
I think it should be known that I'm not a fan of Perpetuals. I know there's nothing truly awful about them, they just rub me the wrong way for some reason.

That said, PROMPT

If you play MtG, is there a card that suits your Primarch perfectly in terms of flavour and function?

>>50070144
>>50070159
Something about this always makes me think Aodhán is giving Rubinek a "dude, chill" look during his whole outburst.

Pretty great on the whole. One thing to note is that apart from the wavy blue stuff Aodhán's armour is pearlescent white, he's too grossly incandescent for grey. In fact, now Volrath's on my mind after bringing him up yesterday, that muscly armour he wears is almost exactly the kind of thing Aodhán would strut around in. At least, I think it is. I don't think a single full body image of that dude exists.
>>
>>50070409
I don't play MtG. I want to say pre-interment Sarco was green, but no idea about afterwards.

Can you post the duel on Malphas again?
>>
>>50070409
My firdt thought for klaus was
>knight exemplar
But considering his death id probably say he is more of
>knight of the holy nimbus

Raydon im not so sure about
>>
>>50069714
>>50070409
>Aodhan a perpetual
I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Perpetuals either, but I have to say it kind of works for Aodhan.
It would explain how he gets away with all that crazy shit and it occurs to me that Aodhan is probably the sort of guy who finds that mortal peril is what really makes glory work. I'm thinking his highest aspiration (deep down) is to be able to die gloriously.
As time goes on, and he falls into self-loathing, and he realizes that he's invincible, it'd take all the joy out of things. It'd be the worst thing he could have.
>>
>>50070984
>>50070984
I think thats all possible for just a regular primarch tho. And doesn't have us using dirty dirty perpetuals.
>>
File: campaign of vengeance.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
campaign of vengeance.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>50070627
Sure, I'll track it down when I get home.

>>50070801
>knight exemplar for Klaus

Literally perfect. Fluffy and useful.

Pic related fits Raydon pretty well.

>>50070984
Ehhhhhhhhhhh.

If people like the idea, sure, I just find Perpetuals sort of unnecessary.
>>
>>50070409
Expanding on prompt.

Planeswalkers: primarch edition.

Marcus sinistrum: Dack fayden
Alexios: Ajani steadfast
Anshul: chandra of some sort.
Raydon: Arlinn Kord
Xun: dovan baan
Klaus: gideon of some sort
Aodhan: Garruk
Oramar: Jace
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>50070409
>Saul
>>
File: rFyOK7D.jpg (180KB, 1280x507px) Image search: [Google]
rFyOK7D.jpg
180KB, 1280x507px
>>50070409
I dunno about cards but here's some deck analogies for fun

Alexios: White/Blue control deck
Balthasar: Red haste-goblin deck
Oramar: some obscure combo for JUST AS KEIKAKU plays
Raydon: Red/Blue flying aggro deck
Marcus: Colorless artifact deck
Engerand: Green trample spam
Graha'nak: Colorless sliver deck
Xun: Green/white/black monster deck with buff spells and milling, a deck trying to do too many things
Sarco: Green midrange with very large beefy creatures
Klaus: White Knight tribal deck
Anders: plays Yu-Gi-Oh
Faustus: Black graveyard deck
REDACTED: black/blue control deck with lots of mill
Kashaln: Green/Black elf tribal deck
Enoch: black removal deck
Saul: green ramp-up deck
Rubinek: deck full of old cards that aren't standard-legal, gets pissed and flips a table when a judge points it out
Gengrat: totally weird idea for a deck he made up on his own
Anshul: Red/Blue spell aggro deck
Aodhan: "forget your dumb card game let's go play sports you nerds"
>>
>>50071466
I feel like Saul's deck has to be more self-flagellating than that. Dredge or Suicide Black.
>>
>>50071519
yeah, Saul is hard. All I know is he'd have a massive boner for clearing the board.
>>
>>50071423
I think Balthasar is the more fitting Garruk, what with his thing being hunting and such. Aodhan is probably a Sorin with all that creature removal and pride going.

The Warmaster is Urza.

Gengrat a Tezzeret, Kashaln a Ob Nixilis.
>>
>>50071519
>>50071551
White/black weenie with an extra helping of Wrath of God and Damnation.
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50071637
Actually, Barren Glory.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>50070409
Wizards made it too easy.
>>
File: Laughing-Crying.jpg (44KB, 451x392px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Crying.jpg
44KB, 451x392px
>>50071466
>anders plays yu-gi-oh
>>
File: Vindicate.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Vindicate.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>50071466
>Aodhan: "forget your dumb card game let's go play sports you nerds"

Kek.

I imagine he'd probably run red/black madness or black/white removal heavy.

Speaking of which, I guess his card would be pic related.
>>
PROMPT

What do marines of the various legions, chapters and warbands use to decorate and personalize their armor?
In what way do their marines look different from those of other legions/warbands/chapters?
>>
>>50073809
>What do marines of the various legions, chapters and warbands use to decorate and personalize their armor?

>Negators
Blue or red war paint. Excerpts from epics or favourite legends inscribed into their armour. Quite a few of them have particularly memorable bits from Xun's Idylls on their swords or pauldrons. Furs, scales, and bones from all manner of kills, as well as bits of tanks, walkers, etc that they've brought down.

>In what way do their marines look different from those of other legions/warbands/chapters?

Extremely bright, reflective blue eyes, often with irises that bleed into the sclera due to extensive sylphine usage. Slightly leaner and taller on average.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 620x350px
>>50073809
Second Sons are classic Vietnam marines. Skulls, Aces, Crudely drawn naked ladies. Little bits of text too. Kill tallys, momentos from fallen squad mates, as well. Also probably webbing on the shoulder pads like some helmets have, to hold ammo or other crap. The armor is probably also kitted for radiation/ bio-Chem more than others. The breathers on the helmets are more pronounced, they look a little rougher around the edges in general. Not anywhere near as clean or orderly as some others. There's a lot of personalization that goes onto a Sons armor.

Bolter Engravings: http://m.imgur.com/gallery/CylkY

The Marines themselves probably have a lot of diversity actually. Saul's geneseed has a less pronounced phenotype effect, and the marines are sourced from all over because the Sons recruit a lot. All different faces and colours, but bound together in brotherhood as Second Sons. They probably have mostly the same haircuts though.
>>
>>50073809
Angels put gold scrollwork on their shit in the shape of angels or their chapter sigil or any of a thousand saintly icons. Oaths of moment aren't uncommon.

Bloodhounds wear trophies: fangs, claws, pelts, scalps, looted weapons, etc.

Warp Raiders are mostly marked by their xenotech. Strange, useful shit found in arcane vaults. Raiders recruited from the saltpirates of Azrimuth often have one or two wicker fetishes hanging from their armor.

Storm Hammers might have chivalric orders

Eyes of the Warmaster wear shadows like men wear cloaks

Silver Spears are probably pic related
>>
File: veteran.jpg (72KB, 634x469px) Image search: [Google]
veteran.jpg
72KB, 634x469px
>>50074481
tfw no pic
>>
>>50073809
Undying Scions carve their deeds into their armor. Some of them probably have Megapanther pelts too.
>>
>>50074481
The Storm Hammers should have horned helmets imo
>>
>>50074373
Important question. Do the Second Sons says Hooah or Oorah?
>>
>>50072106
Oh my lordy i missed. That.

That wins the thread.

>>50074602
Ooah. Unless they are relegated to guard duties.

>>50073809
Hawks dont really decorate their armour.
They do tattoo themselves with kill markers, campaign sigils, the names of their fallen comrades, and anything they deem important enough to warrant a permanant reminder.
>>
>>50074881
>During the Great Crusade the Second Sons are relegated to opening doors for navy officials
>>
>>50073809
I'm guessing the Knights Exemplar basically look like Space Bretonnians with heraldic stuff everywhere, maybe even little figures atop their helmets in some cases.

I'm going to chance a guess that the Iron Hearts don't even clean their armour save in the functional fiddly inside areas, let alone decorate it.
>>
>>50073809
>Sky Serpents Gear
Sky Serpents bling tends to come in the form of tao-tie bronze work and Mesoamerican geometric design.

>Behemoth Guard Bling
Tends to be like darker Art Deco, with a heavy German Expressionist influence.
Some forges have a bit more of an H.R. Giger vibe, many of them are ex-Oathsworn. I'll expand on that later.
>>
>>50069080
>Title involving Compromise
In the weeks that follow, both sides figure out what went wrong on Mustafar. Xun realized that until he devises a means to nullify the Blackclad, there is no way he can hope to take Aodhán in single combat.
Meanwhile, Aodhán summons forced to recognize that there is power in sorcery.

In a strange move, the Aodhán organizes negotiations with Xun via Hololith. Recognizing that challenging Aodhán will be a far more effective way to remove the enemy will to fight than engaging in a massive campaign against the Negators, Xun is willing to hear his terms.
Aodhán specifies that sorcery is to be barred, but playing to Aodhán's vanity, Xun argues that without sorcery, the resulting battle will be too brief to be worthy of glory. In order to make it a worthy challenge for a peerless swordsman, Xun suggests handicaps for Aodhán. If Xun wins, then no honor will be lost. If Aodhán wins, he will have a story worth retelling. Whether or not there was any suggestion, Aodhán accepts and takes to the field in classic tournament style in a three-round challenge.
Which I need to come up with the details of.

Honor satisfied, Aodhán returns to the Dark City for a few thousand years.
>>
>>50077109
Am I the only one who thinks that even with sorcery, Aodhan would win 8/10 times?
>>
>>50077206
Normally, yeah, but I'm thinking Magnus the Red fist fights a Gargant level psyker nonsense.

That and Aodhán can't beat Xun in a fair fight because if he does, he will kill him and Xun has other things scripted. Also, I think it's funnier and works better for Aodhán's development for he does have an experience where he realizes that sorcery isn't just for girls and pussies and the Blackclad his life.
>>
>>50077257
>>50077257
But Aodhan could just beat him, be like yeah bitch, you tried your whimpy mumbo jumbo and it didnt help you.

Peace out.

And it seems less deus-ex
>>
>>50077791
Well, keep in mind, the idea isn't that Xun sends him packing with sorcery, it's something he tries before reaching some sort of oddly peaceful honor duel.

I really see Aodhán as the sort to take heads, particularly after Xun straight up tells him that the whole exercise is stupid. There's got to be some factor that makes Aodhán accept compromise and I'm thinking a psychic ass-kicking, which is well within the realm of the OU fits it nicely without making Aodhán seem inept. It also gives the Blackclad a chance to be useful and helps explain how Aodhán goes from "magic is for girls" to "Hey Oramar, want to talk?"

I can also play up the risk to Xun angle, since he's channeling a shit load of power.
>>
>>50077981
The problem is, Aodhan isnt going to back down from a legitimate defeat.

Either he wins (perhaps with significant difficulty) or he dies trying.

If he is losing, then its his motivation isn't appeasing some jerks, its about his personal hunt for glory and challenge.

Do whatever, but I don't see him changing his mind about psychic powers. It means that during his entire life of war he never fought against a hard decent psyker if the first time he does he is like "oh wow, maybe im wrong".

Wait, thinking about it. He fights Raydon when he is going full psychic beast mode. So there is also that.
>>
File: 1470460883757.jpg (1MB, 3000x3119px) Image search: [Google]
1470460883757.jpg
1MB, 3000x3119px
Prompt: what is your legion up to during the !end times?
The Undying Scions are preparing a truly massive crusade force to tear through the Dark Imperium all the way to the resurgent Eldar Empire. At its head is Idrias Stern, who only sees fit to awaken when he senses that he will be sorely needed.
>>
>>50073809
The Black Suns decorate their armor with robes, trinkets and small devices of unknown purposes. Additionally, the most accomplished veterans get to inscribe pentagrammic wards into their equipment, the silver linings becoming anathema to the daemon.
>>50078319
The Black Suns are preparing for the return of "the Herald", and attack surrounding areas indiscriminately to claim artefacts and wreak havoc.
>>
>>50072626
I never got why the new version of this card has Sorin on it.

I mean, thematically, this print and the earlier one has been about affirming one's existence and justifying yourself through sheer force. The Sorin version just has him prancing around spouting some flavor text about being old.

Well, whatevs.
>>
>>50077206
>Aodhan would win 8/10 times?

Could just be the 9-10.

Loads of ways you could do it.

>Xun sets traps and sorcerous stuff beforehand
>manages to surprise Aodhán and throw him in a volcano or something
>"whew, that I guess that turned out alright, I think I'll just take a breather"-
>bronze hand explodes through the side of the volcano as Aodhán starts clawing his way out
>"you know what actually I think it's time to leave."

That said, Aodhán eventually seeing the usefulness of psykers doesn't have to have a single turning point. He's had a little over ten thousand years to think about stuff, M42 Aodhán is pretty different in many ways from Heresy Aodhán. And it's not like he approves of it or would ever use it personally. He still views sorcery as, in most practitioners' hands, an easymodo path to power that involves subservience to the Warp.
>>
>>50081575
>Crawling out of a volcano
That is some Jojo's level shit
>>
>>50081575
>>50082017
You sure we don't want to imply that he's a perpetual?
>>
File: KHAINE.jpg (250KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
KHAINE.jpg
250KB, 1280x1024px
>>50082246
Nah, he's just got mad fire resistance by M33.

In fact, by that point, he's had his duel with Raydon on top of the Answerer, so roughly half his body is covered by burnscar-shaped discolorations where Raydon cut open a plasma conduit in his face. Except rather than being horrible scar tissue, his flesh in that area has just transformed into some burnished bronze looking material.
>>
>>50073809
I see the Judgement Bringers often having single-spiked helmets, epaulette-like decorations on their shoulder pads and brass buttons in places.
>>
>>50082336
Or Avatarification. Either way, I'm thinking Xun basically goes lol sorcery hack, as in animate an entire Hellscape into a hueg stompy fire giant of doom. Or maybe Aodhán calls him a snake and Xun sees how snake like he can be. Either way, it looks like the guys who made God of War doing a Shadow of the Colossus sequel.
Unfortunately, Aodhán is basically fireproof at this point and Xun barely manages to impale him on Widowmaker. Then the Blackclad show up and Aodhán does something, maybe pull his sword out.

Then they meet up for round 3, which is a "fair fight" and Aodhán gets everything he wanted.
>>
>>50062105
>>50076532

Meanwhile, the Behemoth Guard fighting the Oathsworn post-heresy.
I'm thinking this takes place during a crusade. Do we have any where the Behemoth Guard are particularly active?

I'm imagining the fleshcrafters of the legion get together and going on a rampage. Perhaps this happens during the Behemoth Guard offensive during the Beast War.

So first up, the Behemoth Guard fleshcrafters.
They date back to the Heresy and tie into the Oathsworn legion.

The Oathsworn had a wide range of allowed research, but some activities skirted the bounds of toleration. As the crusade went on, the Behemoth Guard and Second Sons became dumping grounds for the less stable members of the Oathsworn legion, often becoming quite loyal to their new patrons.
In the Behemoth Guard, where the Cult of Unbound Spirit preached that the scientist need not fear petty morality, many Oathsworn found a place to thrive. Integrated into the legion structure, the Forge of Rapture became a center for such research in the years following the Heresy. The forces of Rapture pursued the myriad strange facets of fleshcrafting, even studying under the Haemonculi of Commoragh.
>>
>>50083310
Personally I think the best way to do the fight on Coolname is to have Xun prepare a bunch of spells woven into planet that turn it against Aodhan.

So they fight, with Xun manipulating the landscape and lava flows against his foe, until he manages to dunk Aodhan in a volcano. Thinking the deed is done, he starts releasing his hold on Coolname, but before he's fully disconnected he feels the earth lurch as Aodhan starts tearing his way up through the mantle.

So with his juice running out he just goes "Nope, NOPE, time to make myself scarce" and gets off the planet before Aodhan can get free.
>>
PROMPT:

Were any Primarchs that absolutely could not be around one another even before the Heresy, because one or both had utterly poisoned all relations between them? A Russ/Lion sorta situation?

If so, what did the say/do to cause this? Did this change if they ended up on the same side of the Heresy, and why?
>>
>>50085617
Not really an answer to the prompt, but I don't think the Lion and the Wolf thought that lowly of eachother. They were two very different men, but their beef was more of a brotherly rivalry. That's how I remember it anyway.
>>
File: come on mate.png (153KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
come on mate.png
153KB, 405x405px
>>50085617
>Aodhán, to Alexios
>>
>>50085617
I feel like Saul would lose his shit about something like this. If one of his brothers refused to work with him, or with someone he was working with, he would probably go absolutely ballistic at them. This isn't a fucking party, this is galactic scale war and everyone is expected to set aside their morals and personal feelings to fucking get shit done.
>>
>>50086074
This sounds like the basis for a good story where Saul, Kashaln and Anders have to work together.

Kashaln and Anders fucking despised one another. Their worldviews simply couldn't be reconciled, with Kashaln hating the way Anders lionizes the defense of the weak (and being really salty about losing a duel once), whereas Anders cannot abide by the uncaring brutality of the Silver Spears. I don't know how bad their feud got before the Heresy, but it seems like they were barely able to be in a room together.
>>
>>50085432
That seems decent except it just seems kinda Aodhán wanky and I really want to work the Blackclad into it.

>>50084534
The idea here is roughly

>Dudes from Rapture go make trouble behind Imperial lines. They launch plague ships and have biocrafted horrors to make interstellar commerce into Aliens. Or better yet, zombie virus type stuff. Then they strike with all sorts of insane weapons beasts.

The Oathsworn get together 'hey, that sort of shit is our gimmick' and there's then a set of a few distinct campaigns.

>Oathsworn off screen race to cure the plagues, but that's not too much fun to watch

>Oathsworn burn and purge to decontaminate every trace of disease and bio-abomination, likely with incendiary shotguns, flamers, and radiation weapons.

>Oathsworn take the fight directly to the Behemoth Guard and we get a miniature monster mash, as a costal hive city gets turned into the set of a Kaiju film.
>>
>>50085617
Gengrat and Enoch, I think loathed each other. I'm still working on a heresy Era campaign that triggered it, but essentially it comes down to vastly different philosophies. Enoch is too needy for Gengrat's taste and Gengrat has no patience for anyone who isn't striving and creating. He's got a lot of Ayn Rand to him and sees Enoch as a leech.
Enoch just wants a little respect and would be willing to ignore someone being a dick to him, but Gengrat makes it personal, in part because he wants to make Enoch snap because he thinks that when Enoch finally let's it all out, it'll be hilarious.
Similar to what he does to Saul, actually.
>>
>>50087277
>That seems decent except it just seems kinda Aodhán wanky and I really want to work the Blackclad into it.

Yeah, if we go with Aodhán getting literally swallowed by the planet, it should take him hours and hours to claw his way to the surface. Curze dig his way up from somewhere in Nostromo's mantle when he landed but it took him days. Xun should probably leave assuming victory if that happens.
>>
>>50086752
Seems like a story where Cyrus Dumah's younger, kinder self might make an appearance, as a side character. The focus should be on the Primarchs, obviously, but it would be a good opportunity to bring up what he was like before the Tyrant Star happened to him.
>>
>>50085617
I'm not sure if Sarco dialiked any of his brothers specifically, but I want to say that Rubinek loathed him for some reason. Maybe the Scions are sent to bring him in after the Iron Judgement?
>>
>>50085617
Alexios and Xun have a bit of a rivalry going on but it's more of a close friendship slowly turning into deep resentment, rather than the instant distrust of the Lion and the Wolf.
>>
>>50083310
Doesnt that seem way above his power as a psyker though? That seems pretty huge.

>>50085432
That seems more reasonable. A short time based control allowed not through power but preparation.

>>50087277
I dont think the bladclad is necessary, seems very much like a 'dont worry i, am here, who am i and where did i come from? It doesnt matter because i have a unique skill to save the day'

>>50087538
Thats also valid. Have him arrive days later.

The problem is anything less than a Aodhan victory doesnt solve his issue of impuned glory and such. He needs to win, and the longer and harder it is to do the more likely he is going to kill Xun rather than just beat him. And as someone said already Xun has things scripted later.
>>
>>50085617
Raydon disliked Anders and after the censures Balthasar and generally avoided most primarchs after Rubineks censure. But not out of hatred or distrust, he just really liked ole Ruby and wasnt sure of how to interact with his brothers who were suddenly possible enemies.

So he stuck with his close circle of Aodhan, Saul and Klaus.
>>
>>50090198
Why'd he dislike Anders?

More and more I'm seeing him as having Superman's personality plus Rorschach's stubborn absolutism. There are good actions and bad actions and you never compromise on this point, not even in the face of armageddon.
>>
>>50087976
Don't the Bloodhounds do that? Or do you mean after they get away?
>>
>>50091025
I really don't know.
>>
>>50091024
While he respected his ideals he thought him too lenient, too kind to xenos (Raydons mentality is more of a canon 40k mentality) as well as thought of him as self righteous and hypocritical.

Then the heresy occurs and he not only doesnt help, but sets up a protectorate that offers shelter to traitors and xenos alike.

He did have respect for him, but also disliked him if that makes sense.
>>
>>50086752
>(and being really salty about losing a duel once)

That happened during the Heresy.
>>
Holy shit I had an idea for a counts-as GK force and I want to see if I can shoehorn it into this. Here goes: Illithid-infected Astartes
>>
>>50077109
>>50078315
>>50081575
>>50087538
>>50089099
Alright so the take 2 of the big battle on Mustafar goes more or less the same, except instead of handy blackclad, it's just that Aodhán is pretty much indestructible at this point because he's turning into the Avatar.
Either way the experience is unpleasant enough that he figured he is not going to get anywhere and all he really wanted to do was protect his rep, so when Xun suggests they do that duel he's ready to accept the handicaps so that way Xun doesn't get dead.

Still no idea what that looks like, but they fight, Aodhán wins, goes home happy.
>>
>>50092681
I haven't really been part of this discussion, but I do want to say that I think it's a cool concept and You guys are doing good work. I also feel like I focus more on the Undying Scions than I should.
>>
>>50092681
Makes sense to me.

Aodhan doesnt seem the sort to kill a brother of his without need (kashaln excepted he'd do that for fun). He would be happy to fight Xun and leave thinking himself the better man. He'd only kill him if it was the only way to win.
>>
>>50092913
I dont think there is anything wrong with focusing on a single legion, if thats what you're interested in and creating content/ideas for, thats what matters.

There is more than 1 way to skin a cat, I think we as a group need people who are both interested in lots of aspects and those who are dedicated to single groups.
>>
>>50093602
I am trying to branch out (see my idea above).
>>
>>50093662
Well, got thoughts on >>50087277

Also what do you think of the idea that because Xenos protectorates are a thing in the OU (the black templar even find xenos that worship the Emperor and don't purge them), and that Oramar got purged for playing with forbidden lore rather than xeno friends, and Kor was never chastised for it, that there's greater variation in the level of Xeno toleration in this setting?
So Alexios and Kor are opposite ends of a spectrum.
>>
>>50092913
>>50093602
List of things you should do here:
Things you think are fun

List of things you shouldn't do here:
Things you don't think are fun

Them's the only rules, senpai.
>>
>>50095352
A much more succinct way to say what i tried to. Bravo.
>>
>>50092681
In the years that follow the sheer what the fuck of Aodhán's durability lead Xun to initiate numerous research programs.

I'm thinking they will notice it looks like Eldar shit and Tlaloc will be asked to ask his Harlequin "buddies", who will stonewall him. End result is that the Jade Empire knows something weird is going on with Aodhán and has some hypotheses, some of which are correct and prepare accordingly. Nothing comes of it in any major way unless we write ourselves into a corner with Aodhán and need to make him go away, in which case we can have them take advantage of his semi-warp nature.
Otherwise it can be mentioned as part of an end time gambit.
>>
One of the better known mysteries of the Calixis sector are the Eldar structres on several worlds: several millenia old, these crystalline monoliths are psychic beacons, sending a message to surrounding space. Unlike the more common message of the world belonging to the Eldar, however, these monoliths send a warning to any who would listen:

Shun this place.

I'll be pretty busy today, but I'll see if I can writefag a short story. Any requests for theme and the participants?
>>
Prompt:
How does your Primarch/Legion handle integration of newly conquered planets to their faction (Imperium, traitors or loyalists)?
>>
>>50095603
I dunno, I'm imagining some Predator-style specialists squad, be they mercenaries or what have you, jetting down into some strange, alien, exotic locale and some mystery unfurls. Always room for some pulpy sci-fi "regular humans explore alien realm", although its not exactly anything new either.
>>
>>50095351
I think it makes since, though good old fashioned imperial xenophobia probably becomes more prevalent as the years go by.
>>
>>50098259
Uh, I mean sense. I'll blame phoneposting and having just woken up.
>>
>>50092410
Anyone?
>>
File: illithidclone.jpg (40KB, 522x640px) Image search: [Google]
illithidclone.jpg
40KB, 522x640px
>>50092410
>Illithid
Are ya crazy man?! We don't want Wizards to sue us for copyright infrigement.

But seriously though, I don't think we really need another Grey Knights equivalent, the Black Suns already kind of fulfil that position.
There might still something cool here though. Care to elaborate on the idea some more?
>>
>>50098689
The Grey Knights thing was just me trying to think of rules for them. They'd be a chapter of marines that became dominated by a not!illithid, who eventually decided they'd be more useful as hosts for more mind flayers rather than as mindless thralls.
>>
>>50099020
Right. Would they be from the Crusader States of the Dark Imperium?
>>
>>50099960
You know, it hadn't even occurred to me that they might have originally been chaos aligned. I was thinking they were some of Kor's sons, but I think that being a former warband (perhaps Negators?) explains why they were allowed to be co-opted without being checked up on.
>>
>>50098622
I'm intruiged to see where you go with this. It sounds like something Kor might have happen if he recruits from humans with Ilithids.

>>50088191
Because Alexios becomes a total asshole following the Heresy.
But it's ok. After Xun ascends they become best buddies again. Or Alexios is going mad and talking to the wall. Hard to tell.
>>
The Mind Flayers were a warband of the Arms of Asura dedicated to rooting out the various rebellions that riddle the dark Imperium and converting them into heretics through vile sorcery. It can only be explained, then, as the emperor's divine will that the Mind Flayers suffered the same fate that they visited upon countless stalwart souls. Upon conquering Aboleth, one of the Eldar empire's human vassal worlds, the Mind Flayers pursued it's retreating defense fleet into the webway. It was there that they discovered that what they thought were the Eldar were in fact a previously unseen alien race that fed upon human brains. These xenos called themselves "Illithyds" and reproduced by introducing a tadpole of their species to a humanoid host, whereupon it fused with the brain and took over motor functions while replacing the host's flesh with its own.
>>
>>50102125
The Illithyd were incredibly psychically potent and it was a simple matter of disorienting the astartes that invaded their home. One by one, the Mind Flayers fell into the thrall of the Illithyd, and for a time they served as exceptional servants. Many years later, the Illithyd foresaw an attack from a negators warband. Lacking sufficient strength, they turned to their astartes thralls, creating an unholy combination of space marine and Illithyd.
>>
Huh, funny, I was intending for the 'Eaters of Men' in charge of the Vath (xenos empire that controlled the Calixis Sector during the Great Crusade and exported humans as foodstuff) to be essentially space illithid.
>>
>>50102943
No these are the Illithyd. They have a Y so we can't be sued.
>>
>>50103122
We're not making any money off this so we can't be sued either way, you silly weirdos.
>>
>>50103186
It was a joke.

Anyways what do you think? Is the Arms of Asura a fitting legion?
>>
>>50103186
We're not? Think of all the money we could make with t-shirts.
>>
So I'm just writing up a Second Sons warband who specializes in wrecking shit, they're Nurgle as entropy of artifice, and also maybe Khornate. They go around smashing fortifications and leave cities as rumble just for the sake of it. I realized two things. Clubs, like the suit in playing cards, makes an awesome Nurglite symbol for the Second Sons. It's got the three lobes, represents smashing and destruction, and is a classic playing card thing so it's a little more grounded.

The other thing I realized is that there's some stuff in the OU that's either named for or made by the original Primarchs. The Typhon siege tank, for example, is made at the specific request of Pert. Have we talked about that at all? Like renaming the Leman Russ or other things? Because if I could, I would say this unit came up with the Typhon during the Great Crusade.
>>
>>50103467
The Lemas Russ tank was renamed to either the Saul Sheridan tank or the Marcus Sinistrum tank. Probably the Sheridan, considering that's the actual name of a tank.
>>
>>50103467
Actually, this warband would work better as Judgement Bringers. As would the tank. So I think I'll switch to that.

I'm still keeping the club thing as a Second Sons icon though.
>>
>>50103517
actually it's the Sarco Funerus tank.
>>
>>50097011
>The Dusk incident

It was a strange job, but paid well. Make a clearing in the swamps of Dusk, to allow for a landing of some Dark Imperium´s special forces. Four hardened mercenaries: Dariel, Lek, Uriah and Castella, protecting a team of workers hacking down the trees that were rotting where they stood among the bog.

Dariel sniffed the air: His mouth was filled with the taste of rot, and he could smell the sickness that held rule over life on the world. He heard the creatures around scuttling, afraid of the light their glow-globes emitted. He lifted a slug from the carcass of a rip-scuttler he shot a hour ago, and the thing started to glow as its skin began to dry.

Another tree fell, the axes and chainblades tearing through the dying trees. Castella looked over the workers, and tried to keep her shotgun clean. An impossible task, but at least she could keep the dirt outside the barrel.

Lek looked around nervously as he roasted the Rip-Scuttler he had taken down. The place gave him the creeps, and he was more than happy to get a rest, yet he couldn´t sleep. So he tried to make food, but by the smell of the Scuttler, he was quite certain even rats wouldn´t eat it.

Uriah looked around with his magnoculars: The locals had not showed up, but he kept up the watch from his tree branch. It was dry up there, and he could see slightly further. The tree would be among the last to be toppled over, but for now he was content with his position.

They worked long days, the work being slowed down by the sickness that spread among the workers: Lek got sick as well, but unlike most who succumbed, he pulled through. Yet as their numbers dwindled, the swamp seemed more threatening, and the beasts seemed to only increase in number and hostility. Yet the work continued, until the very air became heavy and oppressive. They knew something was about to happen, and wanted to be ready. They went to their tents at a dry patch, and set up string with bells attached to it.
>>
>>50103633
Damn, that's right. My bad.
>>
>>50103659
It was nearly dawn as the fog began to thicken: the workers huddled together at the dying campfire as the mercenaries kept watch.

Within the fog, they heard something move. They heard silent voices, like whispers. They saw shadows that passed by, shunning the light of the fire. They could feel something approaching, and the fear they felt grew with each passing moment.

Dariel held his autogun tightly, his finger ready on the trigger. He was almost sure he could see his dead mother in the mist, staring at him with her dead, glassy eyes.

Lek held his chainsword ready, and aimed his laspistol at the sounds. He could feel his heartbeat quicken as his breathing became harder.
Castella pressed her back against one of the remaining trees, peeking around it. She knew this fear, and it was the same she had felt when she first stared into the abyss of space: She couldn´t see it, but she knew something stared back at her.

Uriah removed the scope of his hunting rifle, and nervously stared into the fog. He could hear footsteps, splashes int he water, drawing closer, but it seemed to come from everywhere.

It was then that Castella screamed: As the others turned around, her corpse slumped over, headless. Yet the tree had a new bump in its trunk, in the shape of her screaming face.

The workers ran in panic. Mere moments later, they could hear one of them fall to the water, most likely dead. The other sounds vanished, and it was just the three mercenaries.

Dariel felt a tug at his leg. As he faced to see what it was, he saw a twig. He turned back, and shouted in surprise as he was dragged under, only his head reaching the soggy water, and he could not breathe.
>>
>>50103633
We still going with the idea that they have a different name over in the Dark Imperium?

>>50103467
I like the idea.

I'd been thinking Enoch came up with the Typhon, but I can just as easily see Saul doing it. The Cerberus was probably Gengrat's doing if only because of the Hyades cluster.

The Sicaran, I would imagine could easily be a Behemoth Guard or a Fist of Mars product. Given Fists of Mars are more footsloggy, I'd assume BG, but I'm not sure.

If we have Centurion suits pop up, I think they'd be Fists of Mars.
>>
>>50104096
>We still going with the idea that they have a different name over in the Dark Imperium?
I don't like the idea much but I'm fine with it of other people like it. The DI version is the Bornhold tank IIRC.
>>
File: 1441502111031.jpg (376KB, 660x960px) Image search: [Google]
1441502111031.jpg
376KB, 660x960px
PROMPT: I'm gonna go for a walk and smoke some herb. What should I write a rough draft about when I get back?
>>
>>50104073
Uriah and Lek ran. Their friends were dead and the fog kept thickening. Something was with them, and not only the beasts. As they ran, the shadows seemed to laugh at them, and the forest got thicker, there were vines all around and their passage was blocked. Lek started hacking away at the vines, which seemed to only grow strudier and thicker as he tore through the blockage, until he felt them begin to strangle him. Lek shot at the vines, and Uriah managed to struggle himself free as the one around his neck snapped.

They returned a few meters, and prepared to fight for their lives. It was then that Uriah was attacked by a Rip-Scuttler, the spider-like creature leaping on his face and beginning to tear it apart with its sharp claws and fangs.

A few moments passed and the creature let go. Uriah wondered what caused it to do so, as he saw Lek lying on the ground, a tree having fallen on top of him. Uriah cried and moaned as the footsteps approached again, his ruined face bleeding profusely. An old woman, or rather, an ancient hag, emerged from the mist, and stared at him for a few moments.

As Uriah tried to collect what remained of his courage, the Hag spoke.

"Yer chose the wrong time ´ta come here. Yer never should wander around in the fog."

Uriah was dumbfounded. He had expected the hag to kill him outright, after seeing his friends die in such unnatural ways.

"Let me give yer another chance ´ta live. It´ll cost yer, but yer only option is ´ta wait fer either the beast ´ta return, or the fog ´ta take yer. Will yer take me offer?"

The hag looked at Uriah, her voice reassuring but madness within her eyes.

"Please, save me!", he shouted, desperation draining away what pride he may have once had.

"Good. Yer take me message with yer: Do not mess with me swamp again, no matter how much yer want ´ta attack the Black-Clad giants. Find another way."
>>
>>50104142
Maybe the Warmaster recieving news of Sheridan's Apocalypse Now shenanigans?
>>
>>50104418
Thus ended the Dark Imperium´s attempt to gain foothold in the Calixis-sector by taking the Feral world of Dusk. Only Uriah returned from the expedition, missing his right arm, which was torn off from his shoulder.

The nature of the Hag is still unclear, but Uriah told in his feverish ramblings that she was the most horrifying of all the monsters both natural and unnatural on the world, and that she hated the "Black-Clad giants" for their futile attempts to control a web of fates even Gods could not. Whether his story was true or not, the rotting swamps of Dusk were left alone... For some time.
>>
Quick bump before going to sleep
>>
>>50102305
>>50102125
Thoughts?
>>
File: KJFp6sy.jpg (206KB, 748x1069px) Image search: [Google]
KJFp6sy.jpg
206KB, 748x1069px
>>50104496
ok but in order to write this we need to decide what that nurglite champion character's name is, the woman who raises zombies and shit.

Whoever comes up with the most subtle reference decides it.
>>
>>50107251
Altina Romero

Evangela Mors

I dunno. I'm not up on my zambie cinema.
>>
>>50087277
>Rapture Comes
Seeking to hamper the loyalist war effort while the Beast rampages through the Dark Imperium, forces from Rapture set sail for the rich agro-worlds that supply the immense industrial engine of the Forgespace.
The agro-worlds are soon overrun with strange beasts and diseases, but worse still are the things that make it off world hidden amongst the fleeing farmers.

In a matter of weeks, mutation runs rampant through the hab-blocks of the forges. With the Forgespace's forces already committed to the offensive and sieges in the Tempestus Gap, the Oathsworn assemble from several states to fight.
>>
>>50107251
Ghouls. Not zombies. Gosh.
>>
Oh shit I was supposed to write about Negators versus Iron Hearts wasn't I?

Uh uhh...

Uhhh
>the Battle of Ferron

Something something Negators going super far out into Segmentum Tempestus, pacifying sectors and waiting for the rest of the Imperium to catch up, because Aodhán doesn't really want to hear any Imperial orders. Starts the Pacification of Aclipsos, a system orbiting a big neutron star, humans there are using it for dense resources, doing all kinds of cool stuff, being super productive and shit.

Uhhhhhhhh lots of resistance, the civilization running the place has really disparate levels of tech, lots of them seem enhanced. Something happens and an apothecary realizes that many enemy soldiers are like some kind of wack incomplete astartes.

Aodhán goes for a decisive strike at the central planet of Ferron, fighting fighting, some huge dude covered in metal and rags battles him, eventually he realizes it's Rubinek. Aodhán stops the fight since he's not there to bring him brother back and he doesn't want to pointlessly smash his legion up against other astartes on their home turf. He spends some time looking at how Rubinek and the Iron Hearts have turned the system into a productive realm and he decides he kind of likes it.

Negators and Iron Hearts fight some other threats and the former use the area as a staging ground to launch a bunch more pacification campaigns on surrounding systems. Aodhán decides to go back to Segmentum Solar and report Aclipsos as in good hands, intends on telling Big E that Rubinek is actually pretty good at building civilizations and is a kinda cool guy. Before he does any of this the first communications he gets direct him to the hearings at Nikaea and he sees Big E pass down the death sentence on Oramar, so he decides nah fuck it, better not tell.

This is the point at which rebellion is almost inevitable, and even if there had been no warmaster, Aodhán would have made an attempt at toppling the Emperor anyway.
>>
>>50107921
>Altina Romero

Excellent.
>>
>>50109073
I like that. Just the idea of fighting someone who you used to know without realizing it.
Did you see the stuff about the Mind Flayers?
>>
>>50108193
The response to the Behemoth Guard incursion is swift and decisive.

A trio of planetary cleansing flotillas are dispatched. This scorched earth policy is mostly a precaution and the true campaign is focused on interdiction and defense of the forges.
With the forges critical to the war effort, operations cannot be allowed to cease and the Oathsworn must descend into the hive sumps and clear them of the victims of the Behemoth Guard mutagenic plagues hab block by hab block. I'm thinking Deadspace x Space Hulk x 28 Days Later and the Oathsworn have shotguns with explosive rounds and flamers.
The Oathsworn, however, are not prepared for the psychogenic and psycho-stigmatic pathogens and more than one forge is lost to the corrupting touch of the warp before more specialized units can be brought in.
>>
I just want to say good job all.

Ive been following this from the start and you guys have managed to craft a great alternative universe.

A special shout out to the write fags who populate it.
>>
>>50111891
Feel free to join in anytime. I'm sure you must have some fresh ideas.
>>
>>50110215
Ah shit, I dropped my trip when I replied earlier.

I think both they and the not!illithid are a cool idea. I was already planning of having something a lot like illithid appearing as one of the aliens ousted during the Great Crusade, so hell, shit fits together pretty tite.
>>
PROMT

What does your legion's allies chart look like?
>>
>>50114127
Negators:

>Battle Brothers
Iron Hearts
Warp Raiders
Dark Eldar
Xenos Mercenaries

>Allies of Convenience
Corsair Eldar
Imperial Eldar
Harlequin Eldar
Necrons
Chaos Daemons
Eyes of the Warmaster
Judgement Bringers
Arms of Asura
Bloodhounds
Behemoth Guard
Archeotects

>Desperate Allies
Paladins of Kor
Navigator Houses
Second Sons

>Come the Apocalypse
Crimson Warhawks
Oathsworn
Angels of Light
Storm Hammers
Broken Blades
Sky Serpents
Fists of Mars
Void Lords
Silver Spears
Realm Guard
Orders Militant

This is post-Heresy, of course.
>>
>>50114249
So they'd never work with the Scions, even in the event of the apocalypse?
>>
>>50114501
Shit, I knew I was missing someone. We have so many legions.

They're in Come the Apocalypse with the rest of the loyalists. Negators would prefer working with them than, say, Angels of Light, but I doubt the Scions would feel the same way.
>>
>>50114127
Black Suns (although they are jus a Warband) are willing to work with anyone, for their own purposes. They would, however, rarely do so, as only the truly desperate seem to be willing to take them up for their offer. Depending on the other faction, they range from Allies of Convenience to Come the Apocalypse, with most factions being Desperate Allies or worse.
>>
File: euangelion.jpg (54KB, 740x544px) Image search: [Google]
euangelion.jpg
54KB, 740x544px
>>50114127
>>50114249
loyalists and Imperial factions in battle brothers
sky serpents and paladins of kor in allies of convenience
*everything* else in come the apocalypse.

Alexios is...rigid, to say the least, about xenos interactions.
>>
VANTH, you compiled proposed warbands and successor chapters, didn't you? Do you mind sharing them, so I can take a swing at some color schemes?
>>
>>50117117
I can post the Scions successors, they're in the wiki page.

Adamantine Knights

An oddity among the Scions successors in that, rather than becoming endeared to death, the high number of Interred among the Chapter have resulted in them valuing the gift of life more highly than most of their fellows. Staunch protectors and paragons, the Adamantine Knights boast the largest Terminator detachments out of any Undying Scions successor Chapter.

White Lions

A relatively young successor Chapter, the White Lions have surprisingly few Interred members for a Scions Chapter. The Lions' historians place great emphasis on the parables of their Primarch's early life, and strive to emulate his prowess as hunters, resulting in a knack for mobile, fast-assault tactics.

Hands of the Immortal

A fleetbound Chapter with a finely-honed tradition of precise drop pod insertion behind enemy lines. Heavily depleted after the 07th Fist of Mars Battalion and the 01st Talonic Macroclade opened fire upon them during the latter stages of the 13th Crusade, claiming that the Hands were engaged in "tech-heresy of a foul and most subversive nature." The truth of this statement is presently unknown.

Sentinels

Epitomizing the ethos of the Vigil as a bulwark against Chaos, the Sentinels are masters of defensive tactics, their infantry holding the line with a mixture of prudent decision-making and iron grit while their artillery blasts the enemy into submission from behind.

Shield Bearers

Fanatics to the cult of the Interred, the Shield Bearers have comparatively few dreadnoughts among them. Their sacred duty is to recall the legends and undying service of those Interred that have been smitten beyond the help of the sarcophagus, each Marine given a name and a livery that continues the legacy of such a fallen Brother, their past lives erased.
>>
>>50118296
Iron Regents

Even by the standards of other Scions successors, the Iron Regents boast an extraordinary number of Interred Marines, their uninterred a mere skeleton force. They prize the overwhelming strength of the dreadnought, and favour close quarters engagement where this iron-wrought might is most evident, delighting in the superiority of plasteel over flesh. The Iron Regents are quite famous for their use of broad-bladed power glaives, capable of scything effortlessly through several ranks of lesser foes in a single sweep.

Sin-Eaters

The Sin-Eaters are the result of a rare and highly ironic gene-seed malfunction – many among the Chapter are unable to be properly Interred. Those that can invariably become erratic and strange, requiring the constant supervision and care of their uninterred brothers. On a constant quest to prove themselves, the Sin-Eaters are rarely at full strength, and favour dangerous close-assault tactics. They have a remarkable number of psykers among their ranks for an Undying Scions successor Chapter.
Dust Striders

The Dust Striders know that flesh is weak, and they seek to transcend it. Viewing their mortal bodies as a mere temporary convenience, they utilize a gratuitous overabundance of rad-weaponry and viral agents, and care little for friendly fire if it means the utter destruction of their foes. Flesh is dust, but plasteel and adamantium endure, so what does it matter if they contaminate their own bodies? To the Dust Striders, their uninterred lives are brief flames to be burned as brightly and fast as possible.
>>
>>50118441
Avenging Sons

Almost entirely fleetbound, the Avenging Sons have made it their sacred duty to patrol just beyond the borders of Unyielding Vigil territory, keeping a constant watch for the encroachment of traitors and xenos. Their tactics are mostly typical of Undying Scions successors, utilizing large numbers of dreadnoughts alongside support detachments of uninterred heavy weapon teams. They have a particular fondness for Deredeo Pattern dreadnoughts.

Cyclopes

Recognizable by the sigil of the watchful eye, the Cyclopes are a mystery, somehow specializing in rapid redeployment despite boasting a grand number of Interred brothers even by Scion standards. How they achieve this miracle is as of yet unknown, the Chapter spending much of its time campaigning through the upper Tempestus zone, far from anything resembling a coherent Loyalist command structure, as is the method by which they leave nothing of their foes but fields of dust.

Tomb Kings

Mostly unremarkable save for their grisly custom of bedecking their dreadnought chassis’ in the bones of their fallen foes, the Tomb Kings are by all accounts a standard example of an Undying Scions’ successor Chapter.

Talons of Funerus

The Talons of Funerus are subject to a similar gene-seed mutation as their brothers of the Sin-Eaters, unable to Inter their fallen members without risking severe consequences. In the case of the Talons, their Interred almost invariably experience a violent psychic awakening upon integration into the holy sarcophagus. Some do not survive this process, but most simply become living dynamos of crackling psychic energy, their perceptions jerked out of synch with material reality. The Interred of the Talons move with unnatural speed, but, ironically, their bifurcated senses often mean that they react slowly to the events of the mortal world. The Talons of Funerus are engaged in a constant campaign of pre-emptive defence in the upper Tempestus.
>>
>>50118455
Dragon’s Teeth

[RECORDS EXPUNGED] [EXCOMMUNICATUS HERETICUS] [RECORDS EXPUNGED]

Death Lords

Lumbering monoliths of blackened plasteel, the Death Lords are characterized for their extreme lack of compassion for the lives of mortals, and have become widely known for the callous efficiency of their planetary cleansing operations. Known to leave few survivors, the Death Lords believe that the Emperor will know his own, and during combat barely distinguish between innocent and sinner, making extensive use of flamers and phosphex weapons.

Angels Adamantine

Guardians of the Tempestus Gap with an illustrious history of daring drop-pod insertions, the Angels Adamantine are known to almost entirely eschew the use of Devastators and Tactical Squads – the vast majority of uninterred Marines in the Chapter are instead allocated to Assault Squads, disrupting enemy formations while the Chapter’s Interred blast them into submission with superior firepower.
>>
Aight, I'll take a look at those.
>>
Does anyone have any plans for the Fists of Mars? The wiki page seemed sparse and I wanted to try my hand at some lore.
>>
>>50119546
They're kind of lacking, yeah. If you have something for them, shoot. Nobody's going to stop you.
>>
From what I gather Taris Sinister was somewhere around early 1900s in technology; the page mentions radios and long winters mostly.
So how about this - Taris was a Forge World gone to rust. Originally colonized with the intent of using its naturally cold temperatures to maintain elaborate banks of computers. As the Age of Strife dawned and continued the knowledge of these machines was lost and mankind became feral and over the centuries relearned technology, passing through a mirror of Holy Terra's ancient eras.
>>
>>50119654
So by the time Marcus arrives on the planet the big news is communications - everyone is going crazy over the radio, phones are in vogue, and for the first time across the vast expanses of Taris Sinister cities are communicating even in the depths of winter.
>more to come; thoughts?
>>
>>50119546
the anon who wrote them said he doesn't have time for the threads and asked publicly for someone to take em over a while back. They're up for grabs to a good writefag.
>>
>>50119654
>>50119742
The creatures that make the world 'feral' could be ancient mechanical abominations corrupted over the centuries?
>>
>>50119654
IIRC it's more like fenris with long frigid winters followed by long burning summers
>>
Alright thanks for the input. So Taris Sinister is caught between extremes but both sides are savaged by Hunter-Programs that only come out during the winter. Which ties into my idea about the planet originally being intended as massive computer bank for computations.

So back to Marcus - landing during thr winter and taken in by a kindly agrarian couple... who promptly move to one of the blossoming cities in pursuit of fortune. The father fails as an entrepreneur and his sons inherit his debt.
>>
>>50120435
So Marcus finally has a chance to prove himself and show off the benefits of being a Genetically-Engineered wunderkid. He quickly pays of the debt and gathers capital via patents to his modifications to the existing communications grid, all the while earning the envy of his siblings - two brothers who were originally the couple's children because we don't have any primarchs with siblings.
>>
>>50120467
SO as its stands Taris is a world with problems but also solutions; the random machine beasts are a danger but within the cities they're a non-issue.
In the fields that streach for miles and miles they are a problem, especially for a young businessman with an eye for expansion.
SO Marcus designs his first weapons of war - a simple Battle-wagon at first but as time goes on he seeks to blend it with existing transportation methods and eventually creates what amounts to a fully armored War-Train.
>thought?
>>
>>50120509
Sorry about the typos.
So what I'm trying to get at thtough my poor attempts at wrightfaggotry is that Marcus is not a soldier and the planet of Taris Sinister is not a warlike one. It's a fairly average planet with nothing particularly remarkable about it save for the inert computers deep underground. Furthermore the origins of Forge Space start here with Marcus' need to expand and his drive to create a stable path for resources to flow through.
tl:dr the Fists of Mars are a legion of construction workers and IT workers. Just for some variety.
>>
>>50120435
Bonus fact: the world is (almost) entirely purged by battle between the bloodhounds and void lords during the REDACTED heresy, and has to be rebuilt from the ground up after the war.
>>
>>50120555
Huh. I didn't know that.
>>
Okay here's my second try

Taris Sinister – Formerly a Feral World located near the Ghoul Stars this planet was formerly a Martian Outpost during the Age of Strife. Mad Machine-Forms still prowl the long winters, seeking to exterminate all ‘intruders.’ The people for their part have just recently pulled themselves into the era of electronic communication – Radios, telephones, and telegraphs allow communication for businesses and pleasure. The planet, politically, is split into ten major City-Forge, each of which is driven to outperform the others in technological wizardry.
>>
>>50121140
Into this world landed the Incubation Pod of Marcus Sinister, the merely Marcus. He landed near the outskirts of the City-Forge Nou. Taken in and raised to adulthood by a kindly couple and their children he was trained in the art of repair and upkeep for the trains and radios that kept the City-Forges connected. All the while he observed the vicious winters and cruel measures taken to avoid the Hunter-Programs of the Frost firsthand. Before he had reached his manhood his mother had been taken by the cruelty of the It was with this wisdom that he sought to gather men from within the city in order to help quell the beasts outside their massive walls.
>>
File: 1379638835010.png (1MB, 649x883px) Image search: [Google]
1379638835010.png
1MB, 649x883px
>>50121140
>>50121151
I like the concept of fighting centuries-old automatons who are defending territory of masters who no longer exist.
>>
Once within he saw that the City of Nou that he had so long dreamed was a playground for corruption. Human greed has squandered the gift of technology and separated man from his brothers. During an altercation in the street with another young man he was dragged in by no less than sixty of the city’s guards and taken to the Mayor’s Palace. Once there he demanded aid be delivered to those outside the wall and was in turn offered a challenge: Should he, Marcus find the source of the Hunter-Machines he would be free to ask whatever of the city of Nou he desired and in addition receive the title of ‘Sinister.’
>>
Galvanized by this Marcus sets off into the Farplains – the distant tracts of land too far from any city. He wandered for years, studying the remains of vast, ancient machines that dotted the landscape. He began preying on and dissecting the Hunter-Machines, teaching his methods to the isolated people he met in his travels. As time passed he began to find references to something called ‘Mars.’ Before five years had passed he had managed to trace the machines to one central hub in the planet’s southern pole; if not their origin it was a good place to start.
>>
As he made his descent to the bottom of the world he quickly realized that under the years of ice the entire Southern Pole was one vast artificial construct. However as he begins his approach he is ambushed by dozens of Hunter-Machines and in the fighting his right hand, always weaker, is taken from him. He escapes and is in turn aided by a group of miners who had been sent out to try and find ore in the desolate region. By comparing notes the group decides that the entrance has to be close.
Thus they once more attempts to cut the head of the dragon.
>>
>>50121769
However once inside the resistance stopped. Strange symbols lined the walls and ghostly echoes rang out from speakers. The Hunter-Machines placidly returned to their charging cradles and paid them no mind. As the Marcus and his five companions ventured deeper they found human remains and the reminants of older but more advanced Hunter-Machines. By the time they reached the center Marcus had divined that he was in the first structure on the planet. But my that point the technological temple had revealed its final secret – the remains of its long dead captain and leader, a member of the Cult of Mars from ten thousand years in the past.
>>
>>50110740
>Oathsworn
>not prepare to fight the Warmaster's servants or any sort of pathogens

nigga that's like saying the white scars aren't prepared to go fast. That's like saying an Imperial Fist doesn't want to man a wall. That's just full retard

Never go full retard like that.
>>
His companions desert him – their world has been upturned and everything they thought they knew about life has been cast aside. Marcus however remains in the base, repairing its ancient code and finally laying the Hunter-Machines to rest and fashions himself an augmentic hand. His mind alight with wisdom he returns to Nou to find the city in ruins and his hometown burned to the ground. As he questions the survivors he discovers that war has broken out amongst the City-Forges. Competition between forges over who made the best locomotive or whose radio replicated sound the best had erupted into outright military activity. The neighboring city-forge of Zied had launched massive salvos of artillery and vaporized his home city.
>>
>>50121853
Marcus takes his title and plots his cold vengeance. During the winter the trains will dock and the radios will be the only method of communication. Alone in all senses Marcus begins gathering fellow mechanics in the hope of usurping the rail lines before the spring thaw and taking over the planet by holding its life-blood hostage.
>>
>>50121881
Okay that ended up being a lot longer than I thought it would be. So thoughts? I kinda want the FoM and Marcus to be more about leveraging technology against their enemies rather than just everyone being cyborgs. I mean Iron Hands are fun but there are more things to do with technology.
>More to come
>>
When spring came and the tracks across the planet were being patrolled by bitter villagers, ready and willing with explosive designed to ruin the tracks and deform the land under them, the remaining nine city-forges swore loyalty to Marcus who established his capital in the ruins of Nou, excavating technology from the ship and using it to create an imitation of the glories of Mars.
>thoughts so far?
>>
>>50121784
>the Marcus

>>50122095
I like it overall. A martian colony as a homeworld would bind Marcus and his fists with the mechanicus diplomatically. What about when the Emperor comes, though?
>>
>>50121828
I'd meant to imply the diseases were sorcerous in nature and basically amounted to contagious spawnhood and thus called for some specifically anti-chaos dudes, or do you think the Oathsworn would have a chamber that has that covered?
>>
>>50120509
>>50120551
I like how Tarsis is turning out. It really makes for a nice contrast with Terrodyne. After this it might be cool to do a Mars/Guard campaign during the Crusade.
>>
>>50104526
legit
>>
Alright, I'm in the mood to write shit. I'm thinking about writing a story for the Mind Flayers. What should I include?
>>
>>50123838
Drow? A +1 Vorpal Blade?

Nah, in all seriousness, I think it would be really cool to have the Chaos Equivalent of an Arbites or an Inquisitor hearing about this shit and having to deal with it. They're expecting either some normal chaos weirdness gone too far, in which case they do their ritual and have that work, or it's loyalists, in which case, PURGE. What they find is something wholly unknown.
>>
File: Mind Flayer 40k.jpg (89KB, 400x587px) Image search: [Google]
Mind Flayer 40k.jpg
89KB, 400x587px
>>50123958
Ten million hours photoshop. Story incoming.
>>
>>50123066
I'd say they would. While they're small and still recovering even into 40k, they're the anti-chaos dudes more or less as well as the apothecary dudes. It's kind of all they can do now. FUCK THE WARMASTER.
>>
While I'm writing this, here's a song I think that fits the traitors quite well, Kashaln in particular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtXDeCd_URc
>>
>>50122095
Unlike the majority of his people, who were just beginning to turn their eyes skyward, Marcus knew mankind had spread across the stars. He knew, in limited terms, the horrors that awaited his people. He also knew that other worlds nearby were inhabited. With a quiet eagerness he anticipated meeting his brothers across the stars. With those thoughts foremost in his mind he began building great radio towers, designed to broadcast messages of unity to the neighboring systems.
>>
>>50125647
These fell on deaf ears. Unknown to Marcus the surrounding planets of the Sinister System had all been corrupted in one way or another. The surrounding four worlds – Vita, Ahlborn, Alton, and Wire had developed into forge worlds of terrible and dark majesty. Spurred on by his words of peace and smelling weakness they descended upon the shimmering, verdant world of Taris Sinister. Marcus had little time to appreciate his mistake before two cities were burned to the ground by orbital forces and he was forced to retreat his forces to the once abandoned Cult of Mars base.
>>
>>50125655
Marcus however was not inert at all; his retreat was planned. Once within his stronghold he began repurposing the broadcasting technology of the base, creating confusion and dissention within the enemy forces. With the massive supply of machines he began manufacturing what would be his redeeming army of vicious machines. However before the battle could escalate the Imperium arrived, intrigued by the presence of a world that was streaming messages of peace.
>Which Primarch should Marcus meet first?
>>
>>50124168
Legit point. I suppose survivors of Luna would definitely have kept their anti daemon skills. In which case, it'll be a bunch of hard-fought battles in the manufactora. The pressure is from having so much to fight with not enough dudes.
>>
>>50125837
All this is complicated by the Fist's desire for privacy.

One such Forge is Pho-Tran. One the world of Pho-Tran, a minor Company from Rapture is deployed to manage an insurrection and mutanigenic virus while subverting the local forge. They hide out down in the bowels of the hive-sumps and sub-forges. Arrayed against them are the veterans of the 22nd Brotherhood, known by their cognoment 'Tunnel Rats', soldiers who had gained renown fighting a defensive guerrilla war in the maintenance tunnels of Luna.
Now on the offensive, the Tunnel Rats embark on a series of seek and destroy missions alongside their genhanced human retainers. (For more information see ref-17220 [Geno-Chiliad, Comedians, Jokers]) The fighting is furious in the cramped subterranean conditions, with the Tunnel Rats fending off the forces of the Fleshcrafters with promethium flamers and specialist shotgun rounds, including tru-silver flechette rounds. Fringe theories place advisors from the Sky Serpents Librarius and the Abbots here as well. After months of fighting through bio and alchem-horrors; traps; and deadly vorax assaults, the Tunnel Rats are finally able to assault the primary Behemoth Guard command center, only to find it abandoned, its personnel redeployed to other forges in the forgespace. None the less, Pho-Tran is purified and able to play a crucial role in the later Rolling Thunder Offensive against Behemoth Guard held worlds in the Tempest Zone.
>>
>>50125663
Since Marcus is the fifth to be discovered, it would have to be either Marcus, Raydon, Faustus or Redac. My vote is for Faustus. I believe we already established Faustus and Marcus respect eachother quite a bit, if only as scientists.
>>
>>50123958
>Drow?

We call those Salamanders round these parts.
>>
>>50125663
Voting for Faustus or Raydon.

Marcus and Faustus both have the science thing going, and Marcus & Raydon were apparently good friends.
>>
I wonder what Fistsguy thinks of these recent developments.
>>
>>50129965
I like Faustus for this. I think shortly afterwards he should campaign with the Behemoth Guard.
>>
>>50130343
That would be the Behemoth Guard without Gengrat. Marcus is the fifth, Genrgat the nineteenth.
>>
Another bump
>>
>>50117117
Sure.

Starting with Storm Hammers:

>Thunderers
The Thunderers’ early history of punitive actions within the Storm Kingdoms has stoked in them a particular liking for the various forms of sonic weaponry employed across the Storm Hammers successor Chapters. Favouring war machines more heavily than most Storm Hammers successors, the Thunderers even boast a heavily modified variant of the Sarco Funerus battle tank, equipping the lumbering machine with a devastating sonic barrage cannon.

>Marines Vengeant
Ardent supports of the Crimson Warhawk’s Eternal Crusade, the Marines Vengeant have long ago abandoned their original homeworld, their forces engaged in a protracted campaign across the Tempestus Segmentum. Renowned for their fervour and often lacking many of the resources available to other Chapters, the combat doctrine of the Marines Vengeant is even more heavily skewed in favour of blunt shock assault tactics than expected of a Storm Hammers successor Chapter. These myopic tactics have lead to an equally myopic allocation of resources – Marines Vengeant Tactical Squads will often carry outdated bolter or chainsword patterns in one hand while hefting state-of-the-art Storm Bucklers in the other.

>Ruinators
Shrouded in armour of stormcloud black and grey, the Ruinators are bringers of fire and judgement, specializing in large-scale planetary cleansing operations. They operate in small, precise strike teams designed to assault planetary defence networks, stripping away the protective assets of a resistant world before the inevitable orbital bombardment by the Ruinators’ Chapter Fleet. Unexpectedly, the Ruinators have been shown to accept few collateral casualties on Loyalist worlds, going to great lengths to extricate civilian populations before bringing down the cleansing thunder of Engerand.
>>
>>50131979
>Shrike Warriors
Possessed of a dire need for speed, the Shrike Warriors prioritize fast assault over armoured assault, favouring mobile bike squads and Land Speeder strikes over lumbering Terminator units. More inclined to the rush of close quarters than the relative safety of ranged combat, the Shrike Warriors are well known for their modified bike units, sporting ablative Storm Shielding where bolters would normally be mounted, their riders rushing into battle with Thunder Hammers held high.

>Hammers of Luna
The Hammers of Luna were born from the chaos of the First Crusade, when the scattered remnants of the Oathsworn Legion were seeking any master that could give them a cause worth fighting for. A full battalion of the devastated Legion found their cause among the Fourth Chapter of the Storm Hammers, and their valiant joint efforts during the latter half the of Crusade have since become the stuff of legend. When the first Successor Chapters of the Hammers were founded, the Fourth Legion Chapter opted to split its number, creating the foundations for the Hammers of Luna. Since then the Chapter has taken in a great number of wayward Oathsworn, and is known for its exceptionally large fleet of pre-Heresy warships.
>>
>>50132029
>Accusers
Adherents to an eternal vigil on the very outskirts of Loyalist presence in the Tempestus Segmentum, the Accusers are wholly devoted to hunting down Traitor warbands, the return of their fleets often serving as an early warning against oncoming pushes into Loyalist space. Viewing the battle against the alien as inconsequential compared to debts to repaid in blood by the Warmaster and his traitorous Imperium, the Accusers have often been in contention with other Chapters over their willingness to engage in temporary alliances with various xenos powers. For their part, the Accusers care little for the opinions of others, and have even branded certain detractors as sympathizer filth, viewing any that would impede their campaign of vengeance as no less a traitor than any of the Warmaster’s servants.

>Executioners
Unfinished.

>Tempest Blades
Unfinished.

>Interdictors
Unfinished.

>Raven Warriors
Unfinished.
>>
Angels of Light.

Keep in mind, some of these have had colour schemes done for them already. Ask Alexios.

>Solar Lances
Marked by their aggressive approach to warfare and overutilization of jetbikes, the Solar Lances have often been accused of straying too far from the Codex Astartes, though they argue that they are simply practicing the Codex in the most apt manner possible. They maintain a close relationship with Forgespace authorities and favour the searing power of volkite weaponry, often campaigning near the Forgespace border of the Tempestus Gap.

>Celestial Fists
Deployed against the forces of the Behemoth Guard in their first campaigns, the Celestial Fists have become masters of endurance warfare and close-action heavy weapon usage. They are known for fielding large numbers of Devastator Marines, and are renowned for their accurate usage of massed lascannon fire.

>Knights Luciferous
Finding themselves facing the onrushing hordes of Hive Fleet Ancalagon soon after their Founding, the Knights Luciferous have become partial to the deployment of large-scale phosphex weaponry and rad-firepower. Favouring a large number of Terminators, the Knights Luciferous are masters of holding the line against superior numbers, and have often been reprimanded by other Angels of Light Successors for stubbornly defending civilian populations when more pressing tactical objectives are in play. Unsurprisingly, they are well-regarded by many planetary governors, associated with protection and security over retribution and fear.
>>
>>50132274
>Imperators
Staunch proponents of the Codex Astartes, the Imperators have sloughed off much of their distant past as hyper-aggressive airborne cavalry, instead favouring an impeccably balanced force organization. Rigid, disciplined, and well-learned, the Imperators Chapter heavily values the skills of oration and leadership, and are well known for commanding large numbers of Angelus Auxilar, their Tactical Squads often operating as force commanders to regiments of well-ordered human auxiliaries.

>Solar Angels
lead by Basil Logrok, the Orange Angel
'Tactical Geniuses' who embrace the need for speed. Basil Logrok is an upstart looking to prove himself, and their goal in the 10th crusade is to capture and hold territory for themselves to live off of.
~1,000 Astartes consisting of 4 Comitatus companies and 6 Cataphract companies plus Basil Logrok's veteran HQ

Comitatus companies are designed to fortify and hold ground. They consist of 6 tactical cohorts, 2 devastator cohorts, and 2 assault cohorts, plus support from the chapter armory and orbital drop pods. Cataphract companies consist of 6 bike cohorts, 2 landspeeder cohorts, and 2 scout veteran cohorts. Cohorts are lead by

>Crypt Vultures
Lead by Herodotus Vulturus, the Green Angel
The Crypt vultures are codex non-compliant. They forged their own battledoctrines in the 9th crusade against the Necrons, where improvisation and survival were one and the same. Instead of the Codex standard of bikes, the Crypt Vultures primarily use jump packs and guile.
~1200 Astartes consisting of 4 comitatus companies and 8 cataphract companies, employing Assault cohorts instead of bikes.
>>
>>50132049
>Ravens of Morgas
Forged in the Macro-Extinction Xenocides of Rangda and Murder, the Ravens of Morgas specialize in slaying the largest of foes. As much the Storm Hammer's take on destroyers as anything else, since the Heresy, they have also developed a facility for slaying daemons.
More fluff goes here. I think it's on the wiki.
>>
>>50132300
There's also the Gryphonwing Chapter, the Illuminators, the Scarlet Sorcerers, and the Seraphim Guard. But I know for sure that Alexios has done there colours.
>>
Sky Serpents:

>Hydra Knights
Secretive, conceal their true numbers, put great stock in robust, careful planning and contingencies.

>Astral Hunters
Primary void warriors.

>Star Fangs
Unfinished.

>Obsidian Tigers
Unfinished.

>Wildcats
Unfinished.

>Heart Drinkers
Unfinished.

>Blood Dragons
Super aggressive, super religious zealots with tons of ceremonial positions and ritual lore involving religious rapture and psyker power. Like drive closer to hit things with their swords. Pic related colours.
>>
I don't think the Protectorate and the Fists of Mars use successors.
>>
>Nightmare companies
The Black Suns follow an organization form of their own, based upon the Chapter system: they have a trainee company, mixed with scouts and Devastators, three assault companies and six mixed companies. While most often the first company would be reserved for the most experienced and skillful of the chapter's Marines, the Black Suns have three companies fulfilling the purpose, each specialized to a different purpose:
>11th company specializes in the physical aspect of warfare, and consist of those members of the warband who have become too twisted in mind and body to be called human any longer. They begin to show supernatural abilities, but are still mostly tied to the limits of the Materium.
>12th company specializes in the mental aspect of warfare, and consist of those members who are capable of harnessing, or rather, enslaving the powers of the warp with sorcery and ritual. Similarly to the 11th company, they have become creatures of unknown nature, but they seem to have transcended the physical limits and are closer to beings of the immaterium than reality, simultaneously existing within both.
>13th company is nightmare made manifest. Thankfully rare, these abominations no longer belong to any of the known realms, and are formless shadows that consume souls and destroy sanity where they pass. They seem to be incapable of existing where there is light, and are rejected by pentagrammic and hexagrammic wards in addition to blessed weapons, whether by Gods of Chaos or sanctified by the Holy. When banished, these creatures are sent to a place beyond the Warp, only to return much later... After all, to reach reality, they have to claw their way through both the nightmare realm they belong to and Warp.
>>
>>50125663
When Faustus and his Oathsworn finally made entry into the system they were confused to find ships in orbit firing upon one another, despire seemingly being part of the same fleet. As they bypassed the chaos of the astral warfare above and made planet fall on Taris Sinister they were shocked to find the planet mostly deserted; until low orbit thermal scans revealed the clustered humanity located at the Southern Pole of the planet. Making haste by Stormbirds Faustus and his forces finally met his castworn brother.
>>
>>50133683
The meeting of Faustus and Marcus was not one of great battle, nor one of immediate personal fascination. It was a mutual confusion. Marcus was confused by the presence of man so like and unlike himself while Faustus was bemused to find a fellow Primarch hiding in an abandoned factory base, making his enemies destroy themselves in orbit, rather than leading the charge himself. After the perfunctory explanations and introductions were taken care of Faustus ordered the subjection of the Taris System and in a show of brotherly generosity Faustus gave Marcus a seat at the war table. Within hours Marcus had identified a dozen ways to cripple the four worlds within the system, either by stripping them of their orbital stations or surgical strikes against their food supplies.
>>
>>50130509
Do we have anything on the Behemoth Guard before Gengrat?
>>
It is during this short and almost elegant war that Faustus gains an appreciation for his brother. Marcus had no love for war or its thunderous violence. He saw it as wasteful at best and deplorable at worst. His solution was simply to make war untenable for the opposition. While strike cruisers embarked for the lone Agri-World in the system, Vita. Marcus orchestrated six simultaneous attacks on the world of Alton silenced its communications within a day. With these two displays of power by an unknown force the planets in the system were turning on one another with shocking speed.
>>
>>50134049
By the time the strike cruisers had returned, their targets the Space Ports that allowed Vita communication with the rest of the system, were an ashes and each planet was ready to attack one another. Threats and accusations rang out non-stop from each planet and the once allied army was ready to rip itself apart. With the loss of Vita each planet was nervously trying to secure food for its population of workers.
So with a single decree announcing that Vita was in control of the recently arrived Imperium of Mankind Marcus caught the ear of four worlds. When he told them that they would kneel before the throne of his true father they listened for fear of the repercussions. Once they surrenders were in order Marcus outright stated that he would remain in system as governor. When told by Faustus that he would have to return to Terra and show himself before their father Marcus instead negotiated a three month stay in system.
>>
>>50133783
Don't think so. It's not on the wiki anyway.
>>
>>50133783
Zilch.

I think only a few Legions have had their pre-Primarch natures fleshed out.

IIRC the Bloodhounds and the Negators were both a lot like the current Storm Hammers originally, before their Primarchs tweaked their mode of warfare.
>>
>>50133783
There's a little bit. I'll write it up when I get home, but I wr9te it under the assumpti9n that he was found early on.
>>
>>50127204
>Since Marcus is the fifth to be discovered, it would have to be either Marcus

That would be an interesting conversation.
>>
Do any legions other than the Scions change their names after the heresy?
>>
File: 1468610176619.jpg (84KB, 804x516px) Image search: [Google]
1468610176619.jpg
84KB, 804x516px
>>50137438
...do the scions change their name after the heresy?
>>
>>50137697
They went from Imperial Scions to Undying Scions.
>>
>>50136050
Ok, so, the earliest recruits for what would become the Behemoth Guard are drawn from the Rad-Warriors of Stralayzia, south of the Yndonesic Bloc.
These were nomads who traversed the wastes in convoys of ancestral vehicles. It was a life of lightning raids and brutal assaults over rare sources of fuel, food, water, and ammunition. Such a life style required a facility with vehicles and an ability to improvise with what items a person might have on hand.

These tendencies were brought to the stars by the crusade. Recruits showed a tendency towards creativity and improvisation. The legion served as an out rider legion, in the same way that the Death Guard were.
The Behemoth Guard would rove ahead of other crusade forces and either crush threats directly or requisition back up and assault.
However, due to their position on the fringes, this help was sometimes a long time in coming. This meant that the legion would often make use of substandard and local militia forces drawn from local worlds or by improvising new weapons by retrofitting old and captured vehicles.
The result was that the nascent Behemoth Guard was expert in retrofitting and reusing every component of a wrecked tank or transport and fashioning it into an elegantly lethal device.
One of their many early muster worlds was Furiosa Prime.
Critics suggested that perhaps green was a fitting color for their plate and when Gengrat joined the legion and promoted the practices, critics called him the new Warboss.

So basically, I'm thinking that they're an Armored legion that does mobile assault and siege operations equally well. If it had tanks and vehicles and robots they're all over it. They improvise because they go for long periods without resupply and aren't drawn from traditional forgeworld populations, instead coming from nomadic technobarbarians.
>>
>>50061704
Legion Name: Diamon Watch
Founding: Unknown
Current Status: All dead(?)

The Diamond Watch is not truly a legion, but an unofficial name given to the band of space marines left behind on the remains of the planet Cystral after the catastrophic events that occured there. The planet, now little more than a dead icy rock with a strongly fluxuating magnetic field and turbulent artic winds, was located somewhere in the North Eastern sector, but it's exact whereabouts are now lost.

The events which took place on Cystral, presumably some time around 735-999M38, before the prelude to to the censure of the Oathsworn, are inexplicable to say the least. It all began when some of the returning loyalist vessels to Luna experienced strange fluxuations in the warp, and suddenly found themselves, and their ship, frozen inside ice on the planet. At first it was just a servitor here and there, maybe a tech-priest, but over the decades, the reports of missing ships and loyalists grew.

It took many years, but eventually those frozen, and still alive, inside the massive ice structures managed to dig and pick away the ice, finally reaching freedom, in the form of strange misty shapes inhabiing a cold, dead wasteland. A makeshift base was carved out of the ice while operations were undertaken to establish contact with the imperium and free the ships. Unfortunately, the magnetic fields made all attempts at communication nigh impossible, and the warp engines were completely broken, with no attempt to gleam the light of the astronomican possible.

>cont'd?
>>
>>50138024
I'm intruiged, yes.
>>
>>50138024
>cont'd
The strange mist-like natives seemed harmless at first, almost incorporeal, and gave off but a weak psychic signal, alluding to some form of cognition and life.

Besides a few accidental shootings, from nervous guardsmen and malfunctioning servitors, there were no recorded incidents of military action against the mist creatures. It quicly became apparent however, that they were multiplying. Alarmingly, at the exact same rate that humans were dying on the planet. Attempts to communicate with the mists resulted in mostly gibberish, but a few of the more archaic linguistical cogitators were able to ouput strange maddening whispers, describing inhuman events and themes only fitting for the madness of the warp and the corruption of chaos. At the same time, the continued excavations in the ice revealed old runic structures, complete with still-functioning xeno-tech, and long dead inhabitants stil catered to by machines stuck in endless service loops.
>contd
>>
>>50138153
Whatever tainted purpose had brought the imperium vessels and their inhabitants through the warp and fused them with the ice, it was clear this planet was not a good place to stay on for too long.

When it was learned that the mist like creatures may in fact be abominations of chaos, all communicative experiments were abolished, and an imprompty military operation was scheduled to be conducted to rid the planet of the infestation. Unfortunately, weapon tests soon revealed the mists to be completely immune to any conventional weaponry. A few gifted with psychic ability had moderate success on isolated field tests, but the psychic backlash was deemed too dangerous, the ineffective attacks were simply not worth the risks. For whatever reason, It was then decided by Captain Romero Whitewall, a veteran space marine leading the operation, that the best strategem was to keep the mists out and reinforce the home base, refocusing efforts on survival rather than extermination. The old linguistical cogitators were destroyed in fear of corruption from deciphering the mists creature's language. Besides, the near-incorporeal creatures completely ignored the war-effort anyway. That is, until the tech-priests accidentally reactivated an old plasma-based power generator in the runic city far below the icy surface of the planet.

>contd?
>>
>>50138306
Immediately scouts reported seing the mist-creatures "materialize" proper into shadowy shapes. Some of them looked like humans, others like orks, or even eldar, some of them more machine than anything else. Most of the mist creatures took the shape of species hithertho unknown, and most likely aeons old and forgotten with the passage of time.

The now shadowed, and eerily glowing mists began converging on the large ice structure housing the many combined ships of the imperium. Knowing that their weapons were ineffective, and seeing the creature slips through the ice and metal of the ships like wasn't even there, Captain Whitewall ordered the retreat into the xeno capital below the ice. It was deemed a shameful retreat, but seeing as their were many civilians, most importantly agricultural and technological engineeers, who had been trapped there with the space marines and other military personnel, it was also deemed neccessary. The icy winds on the planet grew even harscher as well, and the buffeting of the storm against the ice sounded like the high-pitched rattling of bones and distant, scraping screams. Morale was declining rapidly, but under Whitewall's command, most of them made it down into the underground complex before the mist like creatures made contact. Mostly. Reports of personnel being touched by the dark mists were disheartening. They simply seemed to burn by an invisible, endothermic flame, sucking the warmth out of the air, yet burning the bone white hot, yet resulting in bodies being transformed to pillars of ice.

In the depths of the underground complex, and having brought with them what they got, it seemed they were safe for a while. Through the ingenuity and prayers of the tech-priests, the ancient xeno plasma reactors were used to power the many salvaged sub-systems and hydroponic farm compartmens brought into the depths. At the doorstep, quite literally, a huge silver door standing 40 feet tall, and 100 feet the mists vanished.>?
>>
>>50138453
Scouring the technological wonders of the silver underground city, the heresy of the techi priests grew increasingly out of Whitewall's control. Some of them even learned the runic language found there, and began describing the history of a civilization long ago, wherein they learned the name of the planet: Cystral. With no other option avaiable, to mainain order, summary executions became a daily event, and the population of warp strayed humans declined as such. Soon, there were barely any left to maintain the production of food and water (which had been purified from melted ice from the planet surface under very carefully planned out expeditions beyond the great silver door). The problem, however, was the amount of unknown xeno sub systems which had been activated through the ancient xeno city. The civilians had gone rampant, flicking switches which would never should have been touched, claiming ignorance even in death.

Ah never got too the good part. gtg man sry
>>
Kesreth stood on a balcony overlooking Nyraala Hive, the largest of its kind on the Imperial world of Concordat. Below, in a public plaza, a heretic was about to receive punishment from the tetrarchs, and Kesreth liked to enjoy their performances before he began his work. A bound and blindfolded man was brought into the center of the square where he was made to stand on a wooden platform for the crows to see. Branded on his chest was an eight-pointed star, the symbol of the tetrarchy. A priest of the four held aloft a scroll and began reading from it the rite of punishment. The man had not been bound to serve any one of the Four, so he would receive judgement from them all. At that moment Kesreth felt a buzzing in the back of his mind. He had a job to do, and his handlers were growing impatient.

1/?, only part written so far, I've been kind of busy.
>>
>>50138578
though feedback would be appreciated. and if any want to continue on the story in their fashion, that would be awesome too.
>>
>>50138578
Will read tomorrow.
>>
>>50134081
During this time Marcus demonstrated his true passion – communications. He instantly fell in love with the vox-caster and developed a dozen different variations. He similarly fell in love with augmentic technology, often asking dozens of questions about the functions or power source of an artificial arm or leg. Similarly space ships, warp travel, and space stations all enthralled him. By the time the three month period was over he had created a web of communications hubs in the system, gracing each planet with no less than five stations hovering in their orbit. These stations would form the beginnings of Forge Space.
>>
>>50140656
With his system pacified and his planet no longer under threat Marcus departed with Faustus and meets the Emperor of Mankind. The Master of Mankind is polite enough to discuss scientific theory with his long lost child and praises Marcus for both his unorthodox approach to war and his devotion to study, earning him Marcus’ loyalty. After this ultimately anti-climactic meeting Marcus meets his legion over Mars. His last name of Sinistrum came from a mispronunciation by the Steward of his Legion when he addressed his Primarch as Marcus of Sinister.
>>
>>50140670
All and all, I think this is a solid backstory. A lot stronger than the original one. The only thing I'm missing is Marcus' love for tanks and other vehicles. You've introduced a passion for communications, which I actually like, but the tanks have been a staple of Marcus for as long as I remember.

The way I see it now, the Fists of Mars would deploy a number of Masters of Signal, a couple of tanks and Mechanicus allies. That's a pretty cool legion.
>>
>>50138578
>>50138453
>>50138306
>>50138024
Really like this. It's good to flesh out the universe with stories like this
>>
>>50137721
This whole time I had no idea this happened.
>>
>>50138024
>>50138153
>>50138306
>>50138453
>>50138578
Man this is cool.

They're really more a chapter than a legion, yeah?
>>
>>50138024
I do like this, but I don't know if this is simply incorrect or I've missed something, but the Censure of the Oathsworn did not take place after 735-999M38. The Censure is one of the opening events of the Heresy.

>>50143599
>>50137697
>>50137438
I actually knew this, so it must've been mentioned somewhere before. And the closest thing to a legion changing their name would be the Knights Exemplar, becoming the Broken Blades... sort of.
>>
>>50138578
>contd from last night
>>50144084
yes they are a chapter lol, my mistake.

Soon, there were only slightly more than a few hundred men and women still alive, carefully kept in check and from harm's way by Whitewall and the brothers under his command. Some had died in the cold outside, or to the icy fire o fthe shadowy mist's touch. More had been executed, for acts of techno-heresy, disorder and disobedience. It would seem that, for every man Romero inspired to work together, another man refused and was lost to the snow and/or darkness of the xeno labyrinths in the ancient underground city. Under normal conditions, such developments would be unheard of. However, if the taint of chaos really was involved, it was a miracle that they had survived for so long, being beset on all sides by shadows and ice.

Huddled together in groups, drawing upon the ambient warmth escaping from the plasma reactors, the survivors beheld Romero, speaking of the Emperor and his great sacrifice for humanity. The automated food farms had malfunctioned beyond repair. It was no longer possible to go outside for water, nor did they dare, for the shadows were now so many and consumed all that stepped beyond the boundary. The captain was calling for a last stand. There, amongst the rubbles of an ancient civilization, they would meet their end. And it would be a glorious end, for so the sole surviving psyker had foreseen. Afterwards, the few civilians surviving went to sleep among the empty houses and structures, sheltered from the darkness, admiring the many shifting lights and sounds of the city. There they entered a dream, rhtymic and soothing, like the pulse of the plasma reactors in the centre of the city. And in their dreams they welcomed death, patiently, for Romero Whitewall and his men would watch over them. His promise to carry out the will of the Emperor, would not be broken easily.
>condt
>>
>>50143599
>>50144440
I mentioned it in passing a couple times, but never really pointed it out specifically.
>>
>>50144542
And as death came to those who slept, the great plasma reactors flickered. Without thought, Romero had conducted his executions outside, beyond the silver door. In fact, it seemed by coincidence, all had died beyond it, but now... Now the souls of the departed where trapped in that ancient city. The flickering white glow of the reactor yellowed, and then became a sickly green. Suddenly the heat felt unwelcome to the Space Marines, and they realized they were the only ones left, kept alive from starvation and madness only through their connection with the Emperor himself. The radiance grew burning hot, and a magnificient flash of light threatened to burn through the visors of their helmet and consume their eyes. Then, complete darkness surrounded them.

All the flickering lights and sounds were gone, with an instant. Even the serving machines froze, mid-action. The psyker cowered, not from the warp, but before the glorious end he had seen, now twisted beyon recognition, promising only suffering. Flames burst out from his eyes and mouth, and his flesh melted from his bones, seeping down the bottom of his boots, to form a puddle of blood, skin and sweat. Fearing the warp had overtaken his gifted friend, Romero ordered his brothers to fire upon the psyker, until naught but fragments of ceramite where left. They emptied their magazines in the darkness, overtaken by frenzy and starvation. And with the last click of Romero's bolt pistol, suddenly a cold gust of wind swept over his face.

A screech, a booming echo, the silver door had been opened from the inside. The last light of the reactor, in truth generating a field keeping the dead out, was but a signal of their undoing. When the civilians died in their sleep, their souls too were taken by the sorcery of Cystral's mists. But from the inside of the boundary, something the ancients had never foreseen. The dead let in the dead, and like diamonds hiding in coal, the mists turned silver in the darkness.
>>
>>50144798
Out of ammo, out of food or water, out of hope, Romero smiled grimly to himself and his men. For the emperor, he shouted, and signaled his men. Drawing their knifes, they awaited the silvery wind. And came it did, parting their flesh from their bones, carving through armor like melted butter. In his last moment, Whitewall praised the Emperor, and in his mind he thought he saw a glimpse. A golden figure, staring at an infinite vastness of snow. In his hand, a scepter, and before him, the forming of 20 mists, unnaturally taking their place in reality. He felt a tear roll down his cheek, and then the void took his mind.
>>
>>50144887
and thats the end.
>>
>>50144784
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to rename them after Sarco's return as a dreadnought, instead of after the Heresy? During and post-heresy a legion's sense of identity is quite important.
>>
>>50146247
Sarco didn't want his legion to all turn into dreadnoughts, that kind of happened behind his back. Sort of a Ferrus Manus type deal.
>>
>>50146354
Alright, alright, but compare it to Horus and the Luna Wolves. A little while after becoming Warmaster, Horus decides to send a message to his legion (and other legions) about who he is and what the XVIth legion stands for. So he changes the name to the Sons of Horus.
Sarco gets wrecked by the wraithlord. His sons are not sure if he'll survive, being somewhat devestating to their morale. Now, just before/after Nikaea, Sarco wants to show his legion to never falter, so he changes their name to the Undying Scions as a message to his sons and the other legions.
>>
>>50146667
That makes sense. I'll go with that from now on.
>>
>>50141837
I thought Marcus was less about tanks everywhere and more about dudes with overwhelming firepower, cyborg infantry.
>>
>>50147326
cybernetics is more the behemoth guard's thing, Fists are tanks and mech inf
>>
>>50147326
Fists are taaaaanks and stuff like that. I imagine Marcus invented some stuff along the lines of Peturabo's automatons.

What did Marcus think of the more grimderp Mechanicus stuff like the Thrallax? The 'entomb living human in a universe of unparalleled pain while a computer chip pilots his enhanced body around as a weapons platform' tier stuff?
>>
Dark Imperium stuff.

>The Black Council
Also known as the Supreme Diet and the High Convocation, the Council is the ruling body assigned to [redacted]'s Imperium during the early days of its reformation. It is composed of the High Lords - Lord Kashaln, Lord Enoch, Lord Gengrat, Lord Aodhán, Lord Balthasar, Lord Anshul, Lord Vicarus, Lord Severan, Lord [insert Fabricator General here], Lord [insert Officio Assassinorum head here], and, most recently, Lord Sheridan. Beneath the High Lords are the various ministers that shape the ideas and commands of their masters into reality, sieving them through am immense cobweb of bureaucracy and realpolitik. Though the Black Council met in its entirety during the early days of the Imperium's restructuring, it truly has little true power, and is entirely overruled by the executive mandate of Emperor [redacted].

As such, the High Lords of the council rarely meet anymore. Most assemblies are regularly attended only by Enoch (who has never missed a meeting, once or twice arriving to find an empty table), Gengrat, Balthasar, Anshul, Vicarus, [Fabricator General], [Assassinorum Guy], and Kashaln (whose attendance rate is spotty at best).

Disconnected from the priorities and troubles of the Dark Imperium, the remaining High Lords rarely show their faces on Terra - some have not so much as set foot within a thousand lightyears of the Sol System in several millennia. These figures are often concerned with their own pursuits, or have little stake in the internal affairs of the Dark Imperium, more interested in happenings of the border regions. Over time, these leaders have taken to discussing matters among themselves when necessary, in a meeting of minds that has become known as the Scarlet Council. Regular attendees here are Severan Roth of the Iron Hearts, Aodhán of the Negators, Saul Sheridan of the Second Sons, Anshul of the AoA (who moonlights on both councils), Oramar of the Warp Raiders, and Prince Be'lakor.
>>
>>50141837
I was thinking of introducing that during his work in the Great Crusade; I also want to work on the Fists of Mars and try explain/figure out why they're so tight with the cogboys.
I was thinking something along the lines of during his first outing Marcus finds and STC for the Land Raider or something to explain where we get it in the IA timeline.
Does that sound alright? Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
Sorry I haven't really been working on that story involving the Illithyd. I imagine that they're far too arrogant to serve chaos, or anyone but themselves. If any other factions learned about them, what would they think?
>>
>>50144901
>>50144887
Is it worthy of the wiki or what do you guys think?
>>
>>50148331
Sure! Make a page, do spellcheck it though.
>>
>>50148414
>>50148242
And don't forget to put a link on the main page.
>>
>>50147395
Huh. I'd been thinking the Behemoth Guard didn't really go in for Hands style cyborging. I'd been thinking cyborging was something they did to other people.
I thought the Fists of Mars had Astartes Myrmidons.

>>50147616
You're totally right. Thallax and Charonites have Behemoth Guard written all over them.

So what are you guys envisioning as the difference between Behemoth Guard and Fists other than that the Behemoth Guard are the evil twins of the Fists?
>>
>>50148597
Meant to reply to >>50148331 instead of myself, whoops.
>>
>>50148242
The Black Suns are rather indifferent, even dismissive as "the Illithyd stood on the secrets of Calixis for so long yet never saw past their hunger".
>>
>>50148759
>I'd been thinking the Behemoth Guard didn't really go in for Hands style cyborging. I'd been thinking cyborging was something they did to other people.

...That's, like... their entire point though. They're technomutant sorcerous freaks.
>>
>>50148759
>>50149135
They both do the whole cyborg thing. The Fists have a love for vehicles, and the Behemoth Guard likes their magic. That's enough of a difference if you ask me.
>>
>penal regiment thread got pruned
fuck
>>
>>50149003
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_Asunder
Nice, but exactly under what section does it go...?

Or should I just make a temporary one?
>>
>>50150909
Not sure either. We should have a seperate section where we put the Black Suns and the Diamond Watch. Independent Astartes Factions.
>>
>>50151005
I just made a story section temporarily under the user name procstratinator. Put it under the non-astartes factions
>>
>>50151050
Just add Independent Astartes Factions above the Non-Astartes Factions. The Black Suns should be added too.
>>
>>50151183
alright doing that.
>>
>>50151183
Illithyd would go under the misc tag, right? They aren't really astartes any more.
>>
>>50151424
They're still Astartes, sort of. It's up to you.
>>
>>50151462
I'm gonna have to give up transcribing my 4chan posts for today, but I'll come at another go.

If anyone wants to pick up the mantle, or even change the story, that would be cool
>>
>>50149135
There's a difference between being a technomutant sorcerous freak and a regular cyborg.
I think they adore dreadnoughts the whole time-- if the Leviathan isn't rolled out special for the Scions, then it shows up first in the Behemoth Guard.
But I think the big thing they go in for are things to let them hear the machine spirits and communicate in Binharic Cant before they replace their dicks with drills.
At least initially, they see the chop off your arm and replace it with a metal one as a bit silly, which is really them associating it with the Orthodox mechanicum. The early Behemoth Guard is used to operating without resupply where having your bionics fail is a liability. Better to upgrade your kit and armor in the first place, when you have the spare parts. Anything the Behemoth Guard would be making on campaign during the crusade would be a crude stop-gap measure. I'm envisioning much more of a 'mechanic's approach' to technology in the early legion than a formally trained, heavily linked to Mars and its cult kind of feel that you get with the Fists and the Iron Hands. See >>50137879

This said, I'm thinking they get some support from some fringe forgeworlds, Cybernetica Cohorts, and Ordo Reductor covenants after a while.

Mezoa and Xana II are major factors, but I think they're later in the crusade. Inar Satariel is another natural for the legion, but I don't think he goes off the deep end until much later either.

I'll think up some stuff about their muster-worlds.

All bets are off when they get Chaos, though and I'd imagine the Mutilators/Obliterators are definitely their work.

This said, I think they don't go full cyborg, since that'd be Iron Heart's territory.

We could also push up Gengrat's being found, since Terrodyne is only on the far side of the Eye of Terror.
>>
>>50152008
You probably shouldn't put it on the actual Imperium Asunder page. Put it on it's own page and add a section to the faction table for Independent Asartes factions.
>>
>>50152145
I direct your attention to one of the earliest descriptions of the BG

>Gengrat's mutant masterminds had built towering fortifications of twisting flesh, iron cables, and wheels turning within wheels. Void Shields decorated with the corpses of heretics rose like spires among the fortification, protecting the Bohemoths from orbital bombardment. The dark robed forms marching the battlements were barely discernable from the mutinous construction they walked upon. Astartes with elongated elephentine trunks and thousands of mechadendrite tenticles marched alongside technoslaves draped in the unholy sigils of their dark god.

Being cyborgy is one of their core concepts from the very beginning. Hell, the sorcery was tacked on to their cyborgyness because we needed a chosen legion of tzeentch, before that they were just cyborgs. Pic related is the concept art for Gengrat.
>>
>>50152348
fixed.
>>
>>50152557
Alright, I found it, looks good. One last thing though. There are, for some reason, two wiki pages. One titled Imperium Asunder and the other one Imperium asunder. You've put it on the lowercase asunder page, but we don't update that one (and really should get rid of it). If you could move it to the Asunder page, it'd be fantastic.
>>
>>50152858
Wait, scratch that. It was just some issue with the wiki updating and the pages not referring correctly on my phone. Ignore me.
>>
>>50141837
When Marcus met the III Legion it was on the eve of a Crisis – a serious defect had emerged in the recipients of Marcus Gene-Seed. Termed the Painless Wasting - a degenerative neural condition that started in the limbs and gradually stripped away the stuffer’s sense of touch entirely. Marcus’ studious and inquisitive demeniour quickly earned him the grudging respect of his legion – as they finally cast off from Martian port Marcus worked day and night to cure his newfound Gene-Sons.
>>
>>50153376
The first challenge for the III Legion came upon the Damsica System – a ten planet system that was under attack by a vicious WAAAAHG of Orks. Marcus attempted his usual tactics of misdirection and supply line control proved utterly useless – the Orks did not rely on rations for food and they obeyed their superiors only in vague, general terms. His preferred weapons blunted his turned control of his legion over to their previous leader, the Duelist-General Ozaldor Vega. Vega overcommitted his forces and the Legion suffered grievous casualties as squad cohesion broke under the might of the Green Tide. Duelists found their skilled either blunted by their gene curse of rendered ineffective by the sheer weight of numbers.
>>
Did we hit post limit?
>>
>>50153729
10 more
>>
>>50153729
Evidently not.

>>50152458
This. I get the impression that the cyborg elements of the Behemoth Guard, the Iron Hearts, and the Fists of Mars are pretty easy to distinguish.

FoM are in a situation where, due to close relations with Mars and an abundance of master techmarines, when a Marine gets his arm blown off they can be like "don't worry brosephino, we'll fix you up right as rain, get you the best prosthetic arm serf labour can buy, it'll pound xenos to dust and we'll even lube up the palm for wank duty."

Iron Hearts went cyborg out of necessity, and it's abominable but extremely efficient nanobullshit that makes them super tough and just way better.

Behemoth Guard just like sticking mechandrites in places mechandrites should not go.
>>
>>50153891
Did you see the things I posted about the Mind Flayers?
>>
>>50154095
No pls link
>>
>>50153919
Yeah I'm trying to write the sequence of events that lead to the FoM becoming so ingrained with Mars that the Tech-Priests are fine with being one and the same.
My general intent is that the FoM modify themselves to work better with machines - a marine might replace his arms to be a better devastator, a tank operator might literally wire himself into his tank, ect. Dreadnaughts would actually be rather rare because so many marines would be little more than full-conversion cyborgs.
Or maybe with the whole nerve damage thing Dreanaughts would be relatively common but we already have the Undying Scions for that.
Thoughts?
>>
>>50154243

Starting here:
>>50102125
>>
>>50152458
And I stand by it. I just didn't think of it as cyborging, if that makes sense because it's very different from the standard Iron Hands approach.

And they don't do that until they have a supply base. Crusade beginning Behemoth Guard and crusade end Behemoth Guard really shockingly distinct, though early recruits would tend to respond with a "holy shit that's awesome" as opposed to the horror that a Warhound would feel at the sight of a World Eater.

>>50153919
Exactly. The motives and thought processes are totally different.

But yeah, it counts as cyborging.

>>50154269
Makes sense to me. I imagine the dreadnought patterns look different.
>>
>>50154551
Custom Dreadnaughts when?
>>
>>50154603
>Scions

>Castaferrum Secundus
Up Armored boxnaughts to hold the line

>Cortus Primus
More nimble contemptors

>Fists of Mars

>Contemptor Primus
Contemptors with all the nice gubbins

>Deredo Venator
Deredo dreads with cooler guns

>Ares Mortis
Mortis with even more dakka

>Behemoth Guard
Aren't they all custom, really?

>Leviathan Infernus
Give it more flamers and then give it lash-whips and power-flails like on a Maulerfiend

>Cortus Diabolos
Make use of that speed to weild gravitic hammers against armor and fortifications alike

>Iron Father
Less a specific pattern and more an upgrade, most commonly applied to Leviathans,these dreadnoughts have cortex controllers for guiding packs of Cybernetica engines. They also have mechadendrite to keep them running.
>>
>>50154780
I could see the Scions making use of specialized apothecary and techmarine dreads. They'd want to keep the bearers of that knowledge alive for as long as possible.
>>
>>50155031
Makes a lot of sense. I imagine that the Apothecary and techmarine dreads are strikingly similar in design. I'm thinking of a chassis like a smaller boxnaught, but narrower, with a pair of of shoulder/ arm mounted dreadnought weapons and a chest door with a pair of fine manipulator arms, with some back mounted mechandendrites for good measure.
>>
>>50154269

The sequence which led to the FoM becoming 1 in the same with mechanicus was post-heresy meeting called the council of titans.

One of the topics was where to house the mechanicus that survived, under whose jurisdiction would they operate, who would fund them, etc etc etc.

The Fists had always been close, and saw an opportunity to get 2 seats on the council (the Legion held a seat, and the Mechanicus held a seat).

So they opted to offer all the aid required, do all the hardwork essentially, but gained the mechanicus under them.

From there they have had varying degrees of separation.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.