[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's his alignment? Chaotic Neutral?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

What's his alignment? Chaotic Neutral?
>>
>>50061200
Chaotic Good.
>>
>>50061923
for sure.
>>
Chaotic Alpha Male
>>
>>50061923
What makes him good rather than neutral though?
>>
Chaotic Neutral to begin with, shifts to Chaotic Good after becoming king. We've had this thread plenty.
>>
>>50061200

King Conan is CG, Conan before that is CN
>>
>>50061987
Wholly opposed to civilization and a thoroughly violent person, he no less has admirable and heroic traits where he eschews the sense of it being all about him. The story 'The Tower of the Elephant' is a really telling one, I think, and I have to spoil it to make my point I'm afraid, where Conan plans to steal a magnificent jewel from a dark priest's tower no one ever broke into, but once inside, comes upon what he feels to be a cosmic tragedy, he finds this tortured alien demigod enslaved by the dark priest. Conan drops all notions of thievery and helps the creature get its final revenge on the priest who enslaved it, by using the very jewel he had planned to steal, and destroying the tower and all the riches within, but by doing so has undone some terrible elder sin.

Conan was a whoring, slaying son of a gun, but he hated the corrupt and the cruel, and destroyed evil when he found it. I feel like he'd be the type to come upon something and feel 'Nah that's fucked honestly, I'm gonna deal with it' rather feel 'Not really my problem and it isn't bothering me personally'.
>>
>>50062077
I see. Thanks, I'm honestly not too familiar with Conan. I'll read more soon, getting some Barbarian inspiration and insight for my next character. This is actually the second time I've had Tower of the Elephant mentioned to me, I'll look into it.
>>
>>50062322
Tower of the Elephant is an absolutely fantastic story, one of the best Conan stories Howard ever wrote, it ought to be available online somewhere. Conan was a much more complex character than the bastardized vision we have of a barbarian these days. He was a man who moved at his own pace, in his own way, and didn't let the shackles of labyrinthine societal norms hinder him, which did him as much good as it did bad. He's a living commentary on freedom and civilization, very much in favour of the former, very much against the latter. He's a guy out of place in the world around him, much like the writer who made him. If you're taking inspiration for a barbarian, you cannot possibly do any better than the ur-barbarian himself.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.