[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 44

File: You_Doodle_2016-10-13T20_10_53Z.png (3MB, 975x2764px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-10-13T20_10_53Z.png
3MB, 975x2764px
Last Thread: >>49949968

Got some new flakes going into the new and improved OP collage soon.

Is it still Mary Sue Princess battle edition? I don't even know who won if voting took place. Neah, now it's No Shave November Edition. Looks like Ussa already has a jump on us all.

Previous Thread Writefagging: None that I noticed.

Summon Leon Anon to have your shit OC added to the repository.

>Current Repository

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bqTtfMpEHWVUI5dURzakE4VWc
>>
>>50048912
>>50049517
>>50049659
Yeah. I figured that there would be quite a few mistakes as I was typing it up literally as I was dozing off. I just wanted to get it in on Halloween.

But, all of your critiques are on point save for one. The "it's" at he end of the first paragraph is the correct usage. The "it" in question is possessing the sorrowful mother. So, it is in fact "it's" sorrowful mother. Just like if you were to replace "it" with "the fiend", then it would read "the fiend's sorrowful mother". Also, it wasn't a monster until it tried to "end it all". It was seen as an abomination due to it's mixed breeding. Not that it was hideous. But, for the rest of the points you have made, I shall make mends to the sheet when I get off work.
>>
>>50052086
Also, I forgot to mention that the mother kept the baby because she was disowned and had no one else. And after it being born, a person typically sees the baby as apart of them. As it is in fact half of them. And that's why she chose to raise it.
>>
Just let this shitshow die, man.
>>
File: IMG_1441.png (2MB, 1472x6372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1441.png
2MB, 1472x6372px
>>50052434
And yet so many people are still so heavily apart of it.
>>
>>50052466
If by "so many people" you mean 6 posters and a few one-and-dones, then sure.
>>
>>50052482
Serena is a one and done. What of it?
>>
>>50052086
>>50052301
Haven't read it, but I'd like to point out "it's" always refers to a contraction of "it is" and "its" is possessive.
>>
File: IMG_3260.png (152KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3260.png
152KB, 750x1334px
>>50052651
It's both.
>>
>>50052835
You are scum.
>>
>>50053266
of the Earth, Come on!
>>
>>50053343
You've killed the storm. Have fun talking to yourself.
>>
>>50052078
So Ussa is a satyr slut?

Full pic of Mira the owl?

And why does Newt have an Unglued symbol instead of the Innistrad one?
>>
>>50052434
What actually is this thread? Is it just RP or is it MTG Lore General too? If not, what happened to those threads?
>>
File: 1476044553069.png (960KB, 1152x875px) Image search: [Google]
1476044553069.png
960KB, 1152x875px
>>50053397
I don't have the full pic on my phone, but here is her flakesheet if it helps.
>>
>>50053266
>>50053358
Why so mad? And why do you think I am the root of it?

>>50053397
Yes.

Don't know if there is one. There might be. I don't have it saved.

And because she has an Un-card in spells. Which her bio is based around.

>>50053453
It's the MTG Lore General thread that also houses the creation of OC characters and planes. We do writefaggings, but not really roleplay. Some peeps have done collaborations on their writefaggings with other anons, that's as close to RPing as it gets.
>>
File: IMG_2584.png (342KB, 794x757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2584.png
342KB, 794x757px
>>50053397
Also, best pic I have if Mira is this one.
>>
File: Strunk and White on Possessives.png (60KB, 638x508px) Image search: [Google]
Strunk and White on Possessives.png
60KB, 638x508px
>>50052835
I'm sorry, which examples are valid? These archaic things, or the modern standard?

I'm not sorry. Fuck you.
>>
>>50053544
I wouldn't call that an owl tau exactly. Tauric creatures need to be four-legged. A lamia isn't a snake taur.
>>
File: NCM_0241.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
NCM_0241.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50053646
She is 4-legged. This picture is outdated and unfinished, but it shows her overall body plan.
>>
>>50053565
> thinking language isn't ever evolving
> implying that the use of " it's " as being the possessive usage since the 1700's isn't valid

Do you pronounce "forte" as in "speciality" as "fort" or "for-tay"? You seem like one of those guys who half learns something and thinks that's enough to act like he knows every bit of it.

Oh well, though. Do what you will, friendo.

>>50053646
And if she has a four-legged butt like a griffin?
>>
>>50053748
I always loved this pic. You do suck astounding work.

Just don't mention her hooters.
>>
>>50053758
The blunder is that YOU didn't take into account the evolution of the language. The use of an apostrophe in possessive "its" has been made archaic by time.

Also, fuck you again, "forte" is from the Latin "fortis" and is borrowed from the resulting Romance languages. That's not actually English.
>>
>>50053796
I actually pointed out that it's both. As it is used in both ways in current times.
>>
>>50053842
You did not provide any modern examples, and only asserted that you were correct.
>>
>>50053875
It should be obvious that if I use it freely, that I was taught it. Otherwise I'd have to purposely go out of my way to learn old literature and use one example of it in a paragraph of modern writings. So, why are you even arguing? It's like you have nothing better to do.

How about this, find and post a song that you would want to play as a finale in the death of your flake.
>>
>>50053748
>>50053758
Now that is cool. And tauric.

I'd still call it a griffin taur or owl-griffin taur if I was being pedantic. That would be clearer.
>>
>>50054012
Technically, she is a griffin taur. But her other pics (none of which are on me) have her griffin half taking after an owl (and having a more cat-like structure). But people latched onto the owl bit, because owls are adorable, and she is now most commonly referred to as an owltaur.
>>
>>50054012
Also, thank you. She's super fun to draw.
>>
>>50053925
As someone with an education degree, it is obvious that if you use it freely that you either aren't a native English speaker, or your teachers were unreasonably lax.

"Oh, man, this guy on the internet claims to be trained in X," you might say sarcastically to yourself. Believe it or not, but that's the fact of the matter. And I did, possibly, just insult your instructors. Deal with it.
>>
>>50053925
>Now that someone is coming after me, I am not the troll

Classic Vronak.
>>
File: RspJyHy.gif (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
RspJyHy.gif
3MB, 800x450px
>All this talk about taurs
Damnit, I was here to get mad at Vronak for not fixing the flakesheet, not be tempted into debauchery.
>>
>>50054152
You speak like any of this matters one single bit. But, for amusement of pin-pointing the differences in speech, where in the world do you live anon? I live in the States.

>>50054197
I'm not trolling and I do not believe he is either. I simply think he's bored and wants to hold a conversation over writing structure and usage.
>>
>>50054242
I also live in the United States.

So then, really, your teachers were too lazy or had too low of standards to make sure that you got by with proper literacy. I know that Strunk and White is a standard study material for high school English/Writing courses, so there really shouldn't be any excuse.
>>
>>50054197
This. Honestly, I'm not sure why any of us bother talking to him.

I mean, I'm not a fan of really off-topic arguments, but still, this.
>>
>>50054377
Where in the States might you have attended school? How old are you? Do you see rules on written language that were properly established in 1959 as not being far too recent to govern something that has existed and evolved over a multitude of centuries? And do you think that one man's opinion and another man's addendum to that opinion to be the end all and be all for something that is and will always be ever changing? Also, how do you not know that you specifically got a teacher that wasn't just an asshat when it came to "his" ideal of how written language should be presented?
>>
>>50054962
Fuck you, go die.
>>
>>50054962
I have a university education degree and am actively involved in research and assisting public schools.

The fact that you won't support any of the arguments that you're making is ridiculous. An appeal to authority that created a text that is currently standardized in education is not fallacious, but what you're doing certainly is.
>>
File: YouDoodle+_2016-08-21T18_23_43Z.png (637KB, 636x542px) Image search: [Google]
YouDoodle+_2016-08-21T18_23_43Z.png
637KB, 636x542px
>>50055032
Yeah. If you're done talking about that topic, then so be it.

But, again... what do you feel would be playing for the audience when your flake takes their last breath?

I like to think this would be the song to play for most of my flakes when they die.
https://youtu.be/0RuylPp-uUE
>>
>>50055089
You want me to prove to you the futility of trying to set definitive rules on something that is always changing from generation to generation?

Isn't that rather rhetorical in and of itself?
>>
How does it make you guys feel that I've made the majority of posts in this thread?
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-09-30T00_05_04Z.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-09-30T00_05_04Z.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>50055251
Warm and fuzzy inside.
>>
>>50055194
Assuming that you passed through any American school any time after the first half of the 1900s, everyone should be familiar with the text in question.
>>
>>50055265
Silly anon, I just argue so your responses validate my existence. Now stop sperging out.
>>
>>50055194
>the futility of trying to set definitive rules on something that is always changing

Listen, you fucking retard, this is extremely simple: "it's" is used to mean "it is" and "its" is used possessively to make sure that the meaning is conveyed clearly in your writing. That way, you don't have "it's" meaning two different things. Just because you're too lazy or too stupid to adhere to something that basic doesn't make you some kind of daring proponent of an eternal language where you can do whatever the fuck you want, no matter how pointlessly confusing it is, because someone four hundred years ago might have done it. Your objective mistakes are not some kind of fucking philosophy. They are you fucking up and being too dumb or too ashamed to admit it. Stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>50055251
This is just classic Vronak. This isn't even the worst I've seen him. But it is the worst in a good bit. I think he fancies himself the savior of the threads.
>>
>>50055265
Yes, I'm familiar with it. And I'I not alone in the perception that it's futile to find The Elements of Style as being the definitive source of written language. Hell, The NY Times had a large article over the topic a few years ago. Probably six or seven. Also, I live in the Midwest and I'm 31 years old. I excelled in school in English and literature. However, I do admit that I am no longer as skilled as I once was back then. And In fact most of my works of literature are junk due to most of my free time being when I'm exhausted and about to hit the bed.

But, I never claimed to be a skilled writer. So, have at you.
>>
>>50055391
>I excelled in the thing that I'm bad at

Rust is one thing. A lack of knowledge is another.

>I write when I'm tired.

Excuses.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-09-05T02_46_33Z.png (278KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-09-05T02_46_33Z.png
278KB, 480x476px
>>50055313
You act like words don't have multiple meanings. Get outta here with that nonsense.

Also, "they are you fucking up" is grammatically incorrect.

P.S. I thought we were ending this convo. Why you gotta beat around the bush of the theme your flake dies to? Does it hurt your heart too much to mention?
>>
>>50055320
I try to be. I really do. As some peeps truly love these threads and I support having a place where they all can come together to share works of art and share discussions over the lore.
>>
>>50055440
I never said I did not know anything you have stated. I never said that one view (your's or my own) is right one way or the other. This all came to be due to the perception of "it's", nothing more,
>>
I remembered I could filter posts, nice.
>>
>>50055391
> 31 and this bad of a writer
BWAHAHAHHAH
Don't think we've forgotten "Vronak goes to Ravnica" and "Vronak goes to Innistrad." You are literally the worst writer I've seen in these threads, INCLUDING non-native English speakers.
>>
>>50055573
Okie Dokie. Glad you've stuck around. Make a new flake for us to enjoy and add to the OP collage.
>>
>>50055599
>Playing the thread by your rules

Nah. Don't think so.
>>
>>50055599
We used your Ravnica story for our "bad fanfiction" drinking game at a party once. It was right up there with that Inuyasha-Harry Potter crossover fic.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-07-14T07_40_01Z.png (329KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-07-14T07_40_01Z.png
329KB, 600x600px
>>50055652
> rules
Just a suggestion, friendo. Don't be such a Silly Sally.
>>
As Vronak arrives on the plane of Ravnica, a looming fog creeps across the City of Guilds. This mysterious planeswalker rises a gauntlet-clad hand as a vibrant green aura surrounds it. His eyes, shrouded by his necromantic mask, begin to radiate the same eerie green aura as three hands burst out from the ground beneath his feet.

Three separate winged beings emerge from the ground as they push themselves from underneath the soil as it pours off their bodies. Their forms are concealed by the thick fog that spreads throughout the entire city of Ravnica. And the fog itself now engulfs the necromancer himself and the three disappear into the night.

And as the heavy fog encases the realm in it's entirety, Jace sit upon his desk having mounds of contracts between various guilds that must have his signature of approval. But, his work would be ultimately interrupted as he hears a loud banging across one of his doors. Wondering who could possibly have pinpointed one of his ever changing portals to know where to find his quarters.

But, of course he already knew the answer to this inquiry. Jace stood up from his desk and moved towards the chamber door that was being assaulted by someone's fist and already knowing who's fist that belonged to that was plaguing his work. He then opened his chamber door to reveal Liliana standing before him. And behind her was the thick fog, which Jace could not see more than a few feet in distance.
>>
Daily reminder that Vronak is a midwestern white American male who has no girlfriend and spends most of his free time browsing 4chan.
>>
Liliana quickly spouted at Jace, "No one has heard from Isperia for hours ever since this retched fog has began. And I have heard word of the same concerning the cyclops Borborygmos... Jace... I think we're in trouble." Jace's more disinterested demeanor shifted to a more concerned expression. "We need to see Niv-Mizzet.", Jace exclaimed and rushed out of his chambers and headed down the city streets.

Liliana followed suit as she could barely see a foot in front of Jace, "How can you even tell where you are going!?", she shouted outward to the control Mage that seemed to always bring some sort of conflict into her life in one fashion or another, though it wasn't like she wasn't the root of most of it anyhow. Jace just kept marching forward at a slightly quickened pace as Liliana followed him further.

"This is my home, Liliana. I know it better than most of the residence here. Almost like it's apart of me...", Jace spoke softly as the two of them rushed towards the direction of the Nivix. And after a short while, the two Planeswalkers reached the towering guildhall of the Izzet. Liliana did not like being this close to the lair of a dragon, especially an intelligent one that she suspected of being a Planeswalker.

But, nevertheless she followed Jace into the guildhall and to the staircase. Jace rushed up the winding staircase, however Liliana just stopped at the first step. "How far up must we go?", she asked but she had a feeling she knew the answer. And Jace so plied replied, "All the way..." Liliana gave a scolding look and spoke underneath her breath, "Damn it."
>>
>>50055728
And he's 31. Sad.
>>
Liliana just pursued after Jace as the two of them made their way to the top level of the Nivix, only to come before the largest door that Liliana had ever seen before. Jace opened the doors and the two stepped forth towards the great Dracogenius guild leader. Jace looked upward to the larger Dragon and spoke, "Niv-Mizzet, have you heard word of the disappearance of the Azorius and Gruul guild leaders?"

Niv-Mizzet took a deep breath and puffed a large cloud of smoke outwards as he paused a moment in silence before he spoke, "As well as Lazav of House Dimir. And of what concern is it of your's, Living Guildpact?" Jace thought it was obvious that this matter should be his concern, being that he was the Guildpact itself.

"Niv-Mizzet, do you have any idea who could be behind these incidents? Perhaps a Guild trying to take over Ravnica?", Jace inquired of the Dragon. Niv-Mizzet just expressed apathy towards the matter and spoke once more, "It is inconsequential." Jace just looked upwards at the pompous Dragon with an irked expression as he said, "It's of a great consequence to me. And don't you worry about whomever it is possibly coming after yourself!?"

Niv-Mizzet huffed at the thought of something being a threat to his well being. "No being alive could cause me inconvenience, boy.", Niv-Mizzet spoke out towards the young Planeswalker, "The answers you look for lie elsewhere. Try the Golgari Planeswalker for advice... Now, begone with you. You are bothersome."

Jace lowered his head at the thought of coming face to face with Vraska once again after her attempt to murder him. He took a deep breath and turned to Liliana and simply nodded as he walked passed her. Liliana glared heavily at the large Dragon and said in a spiteful manner, "You're an asshole. A giant puckered one at that." Liliana just turned and followed after Jace.
>>
The two of them left the Izzet guildhall and headed to the more more decadent parts of Ravnica, towards the Korozda. Liliana still didn't like being out on the streets with this horrid fog about them. She couldn't see a damn thing, and they were getting ever closer to the parts of Ravnica that was home to the rats and bugs. She hated rats and bugs.

Liliana was growing impatient from all of the roaming about and wondered why Jace was always roaring to go when something dangerous was lurking about, but never willing to lend his aid when she wanted something done for herself. She then shouted at the blue mage, "When the HELL are we going to be th-" Jace reached back with his hand and covered Liliana's mouth.

Jace took a couple steps back to lessen the distance between the two of them as he looked onward. But, Liliana still couldn't see a damn thing in front of her. She narrowed her eyes as she tried to make something out through the thick fog, only to see a figure standing a few yards before them.

Then another figure swooped down towards the figure on the ground, and with a loud gust of wind, the fog was scattered more and Liliana could make out more of what was happening. It was a purple haired angel with a large sword, larger than she had ever seen another angel wield before. And the figure upon the ground was a the gorgon they had been sent to find.
>>
The angel lashed towards Vraska and in the blink of an eye she had impaled the gorgon Planeswalker upon her sword. Lifting the gorgon's body up off the ground as she claimed victory over her. Only to then swipe to her side and toss the gorgon's body onto the ground. And from a distance behind the angel, a cloaked figure wearing a grimly horned mask walked towards the gorgon's body and he kneeled beside her.

The cloaked figure reached out and placed a couple of fingers upon Vraska's head and he spoke in a deep bellowing voice that echoed from behind his mask, "I cannot acquire you... You are... You 'were' like me." Vraska looked up at the cloaked man as she laid there taking her final breaths. She knew it was over for her and the fear was visible in her eyes.

The cloaked man arose to his feet and took a step back as his angel lunged forward and plunged her mighty sword into the gorgon's head, cutting it clean in half from the split of her lips. And when the angel pulled her sword from the gravel, the gorgon's head was severed from the jaw. The angel then turned her head as she looked directly towards the two Planeswalkers that stood in the distance, watching the conflict.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-07-13T13_58_18Z.png (467KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-07-13T13_58_18Z.png
467KB, 500x500px
Damn it, Piss-Anon. Stop flooding the thread.
>>
>>50055779
(You) first.
>>
>>50055779
I don't know if that's Piss-Anon or not, but given the way this thread has been unfolding, it seems fitting that this happened.
>>
>>50055779
He's just showing the newbies why they shouldn't take you seriously. He's doing a public service.
>>
Can someone please point out what content has been produced in the past three threads?

I honestly can't recall. It's reached the point where there's just no more content production, only shitposting. A good time for all of us to abandon ship, I think.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-09-30T00_16_10Z.png (798KB, 677x799px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-09-30T00_16_10Z.png
798KB, 677x799px
>>50055850
Okie Dokie, Piss-Anon. You really should be more friendly.
>>
>>50055887
I have those threads open, but these sometimes live for so long that the files die.

A few flakes were made (Ugnok, Poff, etc.), but little else happened, I think?
>>
>>50055887
Flakes have been made. But, no writefagging that I know of. Though, that doesn't mean someone isn't working on any at the moment.
>>
>>50055940
There will always be a couple of new flakes every now and them. So if that's all we're getting out of this, I think we may as well call it a day.

I'm out. Have a good one, folks.
>>
>>50055940
There were at least two writefaggings posted, but OP forgets to put them in. Forpols anon and Poff anon also started a joint writefagging, but never finished it
>>
>>50056005
Oops. I missed it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hi-Y2CVx4-SmuT2ThJcyXyMX4Y9ECVY4erlXalmaHLg/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DKF7a9NxoaHeVruYr4Kbwa_Y7fsfPHDrVjycxZjAB_I/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16IknlBDGR-NrR7v6VJosNpxDuEXfbwPsDUkt9W8kM8o/edit
>>
>>50056005
I'M STILL WORKING ON IT DANG IT
I get writers block hard.
>>
>>50056248
No worries and no pressure. Take your time, anon. We patiently wait for the rest.
>>
>>50056248
Work harder. We need more Shrooms and Blooms (my new nickname for Forpols and Poff)
>>
>>50056248
Push on through. Think it out, play with many different ideas. Figure out where you're going and build a bridge.
>>
>>50055443
Wait, I'm confused. Is it okay to ignore perfectly reasonable writing guidelines because words can have multiple meanings, or because you're a linguistic genius whose superior philosophy has enlightened him to "the futility of trying to set definitive rules on something that is always changing"?
>>
>>50056344
I think the latter one.
>>
File: IMG_3262.jpg (40KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3262.jpg
40KB, 320x240px
>>50056344
Why not both?
>>
>>50056405
"I disrepect common literacy because I do what I feel like," may be typical practice on the internet, but it certainly doesn't make you look any better.
>>
>>50056423
A-are you drunk?
>>
>>50056477
Man, you sure are grasping now. That was a pretty straightforward comment, and you just tried to put them on a lower level than you.
>>
Vronak please stop responding to this guy. Guy, could you please leave us alone.
>>
>>50056562
>Implying it's just one guy
>>
>>50056562
Heads up, it's not one guy. Given the mixture of names and not names involved in the discussion, there's at least three.
>>
>>50056589
>>50056634
*Vronak please stop responding to this guy. Guys, could you please leave us alone.
>>
>>50056697
Fucker, I'm a regular here. Who's this "us" you're talking about?
>>
>>50056697
I like it when the thread is peaceful, too. But if you think there's only one person that doesn't like Vronak, you are being delusional.
>>
>>50056543
Reread your own comment.
>>
>>50056732
Some people like me. Some people do not. It's fine and dandy.
>>
>>50057045
No, you.

>Someone goes to take you down a peg by making a comment that, while not kind, is fairly sensible.
>You retaliate by insinuating that they must be drunk and out of sorts.
>>
Worst thread on /tg/ right now
>>
>>50057179
Don't be so dramatic
>>
>>50057076
I really meant reread your comment.

> "I disrepect common literacy because I do what I feel like,"
>>
>>50057311
Whose comment?

Also, that really seems to be the gist of what you said. Of course, when you don't write clearly, it's hard to know what's going on. Even the Filth Anon called you out on sending mixed signals. I guess that's just another aspect of writing that you're garbage at.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-07-02T20_12_49Z.png (292KB, 697x768px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-07-02T20_12_49Z.png
292KB, 697x768px
>>50057342
I posted the comment in green text. Go be basic somewhere else.
>>
>>50057465
Your application of (you) needs work.
>>
>>50055533
Oh shit I gotta try this
>>
>>50055533
>>50058604
Oh, fuck, we can do that?

I'm doing that.
>>
File: Capture.png (72KB, 616x885px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
72KB, 616x885px
>>50058651
>>50058604
It's great. But only fixes 2/3 of the problem.
>>
>>50058691
We'll get there. Just gotta drum up non-shit activity now.

>>50055994
Sorry to hear that. If things do flop, hopefully a next wave much later can go better.
>>
>>50058691
holy shit it worked, this is my first time filtering anyone.
neat.
>>
Alrighty-roo. Is this rendition any better?
>>
>>50058749
You can also put thin, colored side banners for actually useful name-/trip-fags :D

That's what I did back when snow-jax was spoiling shit on /anrg/.
>>
So what are your thoughts on having flakes be from non-established planes? It seems not to be the norm around here, but I like it as an alternative to "oh yeah and we've got like six 'walkers native to Innistrad running around" because it just seems so unlikely.

Even in canon they seem to be getting to a weird point of so many walkers coming from planes we visit, despite how rare they're supposed to be.

>>50058749
>this is my first time filtering anyone

Same.
>>
>>50058821
That's all fine as long as you DON'T describe it too much. Focus on the character, not the plane. Keep the planes simple: one sentence descriptions would be best, then move on to the flake.

Unless the homebrew plane is the point, but then just make the plane, not devote a character to it.
>>
>>50058821
yeah, what the other guy said. Character focus, plane secondary
>>
Yfw tomorrow's story is about the gay kings
>>
File: ponder.gif (3MB, 280x154px) Image search: [Google]
ponder.gif
3MB, 280x154px
>>50058925
>>
>>50058848
>just make the plane, not devote a character to it
Why not both?
>>
File: kangz.jpg (11KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
kangz.jpg
11KB, 250x228px
>>50058925
>>
>>50059522
Different Anon here. You are certainly welcome to, but if that's the case then please don't make them co-depend on one another too heavily. Otherwise you might write yourself into a corner and make it somewhat difficult to collaborate with anyone else.
>>
>>50058771
Still has a lot of typos. Also why the fuck does it turn people into sheep and monkeys.
>>
>>50058771
The story is now more coherent. Good job.
You still leave a little too much ambiguity in the back end of the story though. Where did the whispers come from? What the hell is this thing's motivation in a post-suicide attempt?

Also, your color selection is fairly suspect, but it's hard to call out because we don't really know anything about the character other than race and life-long despair. Going off of the flavor of the story, it seems mono-black.

Also, there still isn't any excuse for that improper use of "it's."
>>
A question for any of you who writefag stuff, what kind of music do you listen to while you write? Earth Wind and Fire are working pretty well for me right now, but I feel like something else right now. An suggestions?
>>
>>50061713
While writing I tend to find a specific song, generally one tangentially related to the topic of the writefagging and set it on repeat.
>>
>>50061713
It varies wildly.

Honestly, I tend to brainstorm with videos that just provide background noise more than I do music. If I use music, it has to be instrumental or I usually won't focus as well.

>>50061760
You can also do this. Set the mood, but then just let it become noise while your brain works.
>>
>>50058821
Two of my flakes actually come from a custom plane where the government takes the children to a centrally located academic city where they indoctrinate and use them as pseudo hostages to keep the other realms compliant.
>>
>>50058821
I try to choose existing planes which only appeared as planechase cards / one-shot official stories, and don't focus on original plane too much, beyond what can be gleamed from one card. <Kephalai, Kolbahan, and Kinshala>

I realise now if I made a WUBG BBEG, it'd be better for it to be a separate character from Skyre, who'd probably be from Equilor.
>>
>>50060681
Typos!? I'll have to proof read it again. Also, it's because he doesn't like people and likes little animals better.

>>50061581
He likes to tamper with things, making them something they are not, he's bat shit crazy, he's very impulsive, he is very impressionable and draws inspirations for his wild imaginations off real events that his mind twists into a macabre perception of reality, and he is full of both wonderment and hate.

Also, it's like that on purpose. :)
>>
>>50059522
Because then inevitably they compete for the spotlight.
>>
>>50062667
when they write a letter do they use Equilor a pencil?
>>
>>50066266
They use the blood of their enemies.
>>
>>50066266
He likes 'em boĆ¾ equilly.
>>
File: cardart_KLD_Saheeli-Rai.jpg (294KB, 850x698px) Image search: [Google]
cardart_KLD_Saheeli-Rai.jpg
294KB, 850x698px
Today's "Story" is us finally getting the planeswalkers guide to Kaladesh
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/planeswalkers-guide-kaladesh-2016-11-02

>Saheeli doesn't hide her competitive spirit, and she has been known to become ferociously cutthroat if anyone on Kaladeshā€”or anywhere else in the Multiverseā€”attempts to cross her.

This bitch is 20 seconds from going RB or UB, isn't she?
I'd love another RB walker. Especially an artifact based one.
>>
>>50067777
Not necessarily. Izzet scientists were notoriously competitive with one another as part of their red color identity. Always vying to outdo one another and gain Niv's attention. Given their colors, it wouldn't be too strange to see behaviors that black can get along with, but doesn't quite cross the line.
>>
>>50066266
if I was a mod I would ban you for that pun
I'm not even part of this trhead, I fucking saw it on the front page
>>
>>50067922
I guess, though the way it's phrased sounds like she's going to make a machine that's going to go for Tezzie's throat because he took her latest animal machine
>>
>>50067777
You mean Daretti?
>>
>>50068031
I keep forgetting he went RB.
But doing it a second time would be hilarious.
Or a RB artificer legend. Or even better, a Mardu colored one
>>
>>50068054
We don't have enough wedge and shard Planeswalker cards.
>>
>>50068088
Not really. We need more Selesnya walkers, right now we only have Ajani, Mentor of Heroes. Here's hoping he gets another one soon, I need something to replace Gideon when he rotates.
>>
>>50068184
Wanna bet that with this whole Gatewatch stuff they'll always keep at least one version of each of the main members in Standard?
>>
>>50068249
>Make a bet on something they've explicitly stated.
>>
>>50068282
Dude I don't pay attention to that shit, I was just saying Serena-fag needn't worry about his precious Beefslab being missing.
>>
>>50068316
Oh yeah, not to worry, with beefslab rotating out, he'll be getting a card soon, just like Nissa.

>>50068184
We need a new rakdos walker in standard more. We still haven't had a new one since Sarkhan the mad.
>>
>>50068352
>>50068316
I'm not concerned with him being missing from Standard. I just need something to fill the gap he leaves, which may not be his new card. The new Nissa and Chandra cards fill very different roles than their Zendikar block equivalents.

The real issue is it's hard enough to make planeswalkers seem unique when you are printing different ones. In a few blocks the Gatewatch will be such a tired concept card-wise they'll have to stop including them all the time. At least, a sane company would.
>>
>>50068352
Nissa just got a card this set. And aren't they changing the standard rotation again?
>>
>>50068563
You say this, Sere-chan, but Power Rangers are a thing.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-07-11T17_22_56Z.png (975KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-07-11T17_22_56Z.png
975KB, 960x540px
>>50069174
Oooh! I have a pic for this!
>>
File: dragon cultist snowflake mtg.png (1MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
dragon cultist snowflake mtg.png
1MB, 1562x1186px
Well, I got the easy part done. Now for Actual Writing.

>>50067777
Hey, new wheelchair goblin man is RB and artifact focused. Also, nice quads.

>>50068563
My hope is that eventually they'll have some more flavor-neutral planeswalker cards for the gatewatch that they could reprint, or something. Because yeah, it seems like we're going to be getting a LOT of gatewatch 'walker cards in the future.
>>
>>50069790
His name should be Sherman Schlickenheimer.
>>
File: IMG_20161102_152625.jpg (24KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161102_152625.jpg
24KB, 500x285px
>>50055391
>31
>>
File: IMG_6663.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6663.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
>>50070582
Go be 14 elsewhere.
>>
>>50070688
Don't look.at me. You're the 31-year-old unfunny skinny white cancer autist who tripfags on one of the most faggoty niche threads of /tg/ and who most people filter.
>>
>>50070796
Yeah, being the most autistic guy in a thread like this is truly an achievement to be sad about. Especially when there are people as autistic as me around.
>>
>>50070796
> skinny
Average at best. Unless you really are fat, then I might be considered skinny to you.
> Don't look.at me.
Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
> 31-year-old
Yep. Oldfag since '06.
> white
Yep. Go be mexican elsewhere.
> cancer autist
You must be new to 4chan. Let me be the first to welcome you.
> faggoty
Now I know you really are new here. Here on 4chan, we are all faggots and all boards are faggoty.
> niche
Like all of 4chan.
> people filter
If that was the case, we'd rare get people popping in saying "I saw this page and had to comment". Which we see almost every other day. So.... yep.

So, how long have you been playing MtG and how many decks for you currently have built? Pic is of mine. However, it's not exactly updated. I also have a Super Friends and Vehicles deck added to them now.
>>
File: IMG_6511.png (313KB, 1280x1098px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6511.png
313KB, 1280x1098px
>>50071343
1) You know that's not true and you don't even believe that.

2) Don't be hard on yourself.

3) Play nice before I decide to post a story.
>>
>>50071343
Honestly, I'm kinda excited to get into this autism. Just haven't been able to devote time to it.
>>
>>50071424
>>
>>50071424
Now is the worst time to start. Threads are borderline dead, no one writes anything, Ice Age anon is kaput too...
>>
>>50071555
Neah. It's just not having any of it's UK fags keeping it up when we sleep. That's all. There are still plenty of contributors and peeps that are interested in the thread still. That's why we have 29 posters.
>>
>>50071555
Me and Venn are actually writing right now. Up to 11 pages.
>>
File: magister.jpg (1MB, 2098x2966px) Image search: [Google]
magister.jpg
1MB, 2098x2966px
>>50071555
That's also a fair point, trips. If only I coulda been active earlier. Ah, well.
>>
>>50071710
What about?
>>
>>50071753
Neah. Go ahead and post what you want. Make a flake. Do some writing. Linger around and talk about the lore. Anything you wanna do, go for it friendo.
>>
File: Why wotc.jpg (375KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
Why wotc.jpg
375KB, 750x450px
>>50071803
Continuation of Venn's story. They have some Ravnica '''''fun'''''. Takes place after they both get molested by Brisela.

Pic semi related.
>>
>>50071930
You and your smut.
>>
>>50072052
???
>>
>>50071357
>If that was the case, we'd rare get people popping in saying "I saw this page and had to comment". Which we see almost every other day. So.... yep.
Not that anon, but I think he meant that people filter YOU. Not the thread.
>>
>>50072427
With 29 posters, I highly doubt that most people filter me out. But, I have heard before that multiple people finger out the thread.
>>
>>50072427
This. As of yesterday, the number of people filtering him out seems to have jumped.
>>
>>50072483
I know that many if not most of the regulars filter you.
>>
File: IMG_3350.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3350.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>
>>50073911
And yet you do not? Why is that?
>>
>>50074129
I don't know how and I'm too lazy to read the FAQ or ask.
>>
>>50076730

Settings > Filters & Post Hiding > Filter and highlight specific threads/posts

Copy/paste the trip into "Pattern" and select "Tripcode" in the dropdown menu under "Type."
>>
>>50076838
You're a hero, it's like half the thread is gone.
>>
>>50076838
>I feel like an old person now
It-it's not working.
>>
File: godtracker of jund.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
godtracker of jund.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>50069790
So, I'm thinking of having their story be that a group of godtrackers began venerating dragons. However, unlike the easily placated behemoths who are safe as long as you give them enough space, the dragons are actively hostile. The dragon worshippers has to kill the beasts as they become under attack. However, this doesn't lessen their veneration any. Instead, they see the dragon as a symbol of strength and believe in the sanctity of dragon's blood. This new sect of godtrackers hunts down and slays dragons, though respects them greatly and their symbolism.
this may be heavily based on the drakeblood knights in dark souls 2

Trying to make sure my "dragon 'walker" isn't just Sarkhan Vol 2.0. The "what are they up to now?" is probably going to be killing dragons of other broods (or the same brood, if that's cool) and surviving by feeding them to Atarka.

>>50077539
I do what I can.
>>
File: drakeblood knight.png (548KB, 500x703px) Image search: [Google]
drakeblood knight.png
548KB, 500x703px
>>50078250
checkmark "On" "Auto" and "Hide" and don't bother trying to write anything in the "Boards" section. And make sure to save. That's all I can think of.

>>50071930
Can you tell me about or link Venn's story?
>>
>>50078306
Sounds like a native American dragon hunter.
>>
>>50078343
Oh neat. I'm glad it can be compared to a real philosophy since it makes sense in my mind but I don't have as much faith in explaining it in a way that makes sense.
I'd say they're godtrackers turned godhunters, but with reverence all the same.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-07-01T12_19_13Z.png (284KB, 427x360px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-07-01T12_19_13Z.png
284KB, 427x360px
Pffsh.

Everywhere I go.

Bitches always know.

Vronak-chan has a weenie that he likes to show.
>>
Questionnaire: If your flakes were asked to help the people of the now Aggro Crag remnants of Zendikar from the remaining Eldrazi drones and as a reward they were offered any single artifact to be made for them, would they help and if so, what artifact would they request in return?
>>
>>50083258
How good are the artificers? Are they more sciency or more gadgety?
>>
>>50083295
Gadgety. Primarily Stoneforgers.
>>
>>50083460
Ehhhh. He can steal better, and stealing is part of the fun.
>>
File: Venn's Wet Dream.jpg (635KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Venn's Wet Dream.jpg
635KB, 960x1200px
>>50078336
Yeah sure.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HFWs5uDiW54lOdwDL5obAhe--4flq0ssiWkC2KCWWKw/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1efYekxg_nhi4footbLS-knKtpZDV32EvCXCZmAc6tLA/edit

Basically he had an obviously unrequited crush on Gisela so he's more than a little sad about the whole melding thing and like a few other flakes with the same motivation latches onto Serena because they look similar if you squint really hard.

Pic only semi related.
>>
File: IMG_5136.jpg (3MB, 3300x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5136.jpg
3MB, 3300x2400px
>>50083696
> is nearly blind
> sees Serena
"Gisela! You've REALLY let yourself go! You need to go on a diet!
>>
>only 28 flakes on the sheet.

Wow what in the fuck happened? Weren't there like 200 of these things running amok at one point?
>>
>>50083258
Ka'd do it for free, his reward would be seeing those take back what belongs to them. His only real request, and by request I mean demand, would be to get the first attack at every conflict, that he could practice his art on things distinctly unconventional.
>>
>>50083948
Vronak made a new OP collage for us of just the most recent/talked about flakes.
>>
>>50083948
Gaia decided to pass on his responsibilities and stopped making the collages, so Vronak decided to make a new one, with only the most important flakes and the most recent flakes on it.
>>
>>50083900
It's all that mana bro, she's got to store it somewhere.

Even in not THICC pictures she's basically just similar based on hair colour and colour scheme of her armour. But I suppose if you have a massive crush on a demi-god and you see her melted into her sister with no mind left you'll just settle for 'sorta kinda like Gisela'.
>>
>>50084390
Now that I think about it, what with how the archangels are to their flights. It's a bit like having a crush on someone's mother then settling for her daughter after she got hideously disfigured in a hideous car crash then later euthanized by her sister.
>>
>>50084390
>It's all that mana bro, she's got to store it somewhere.
I want this meme to die. Even as a joke.
>>
>>50084423
this is what I'm here for
moments like these
>>
>>50084423
Venn's a seriously creepy dude.
>>
>>50084506
> being attracted to big tits and ass
> seriously creepy
You what mate?
>>
>>50085418
You need to take a second and think about what Serena anon said.>>50084423

And having a crush on someone because they remind you of someone else isn't a healthy thing for either party.

It could provide an interesting character flaw, tho.
>>
>>50085518
I think you should know the situation fully though. Gisela is not someone who just befriends people. So, Venn would not know her on a personal level. Venn has probably only seen her akin to someone having seen a celebrity. So, Venn having a crush on Gisela is like you having a crush on JLaw. And if JLaw happened to die and you met her stunt double and you actually got to hang out with her. And now you developed an attraction to the stunt double as well.

Is that really creepy? I don't think so.
>>
>>50085715
It's on the low end of creepy.
>>
>>50085715
It's about as creepy as the crush Little Finger has on Sansa.

It's still creepy, dude.
>>
People consider Venn creepy? GOOD. I actually intended for that at first.

Keep in mind though, this man is currently going through losing his home to edritch horrors, whisked off to another place entirely. It's perfectly reasonable he'd latch into something that resembles something he recognizes.
>>
>>50086396
he so crazy he's even talking to fish
>>
>>50086396
Dude, not saying him being creepy is a bad thing. I even said it's a good character flaw. YOU'RE the one who tried to defend him and saying he's not creepy. Now you're backtracking.

Not that I care much anyway, since Venn is a literallywho.
>>
>>50086520
Partially because I was new to the storm and a little nervous about it. Now that I've grown a pair, I realize that's a much more effective flaw.
>>
File: IMG_20161027_113138.jpg (42KB, 301x351px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161027_113138.jpg
42KB, 301x351px
Amuse me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmRSGYmCl58
>>
>>50087546
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-jk-TJ78Lw
>>
>>50087546
https://youtu.be/bIKajSQ9DB0

Singing starts at 1:49, but all of it is fucking fantastic.
>>
File: IMG_6193.jpg (384KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6193.jpg
384KB, 1200x1200px
Bumperino.
>>
File: SOI.jpg (158KB, 758x1037px) Image search: [Google]
SOI.jpg
158KB, 758x1037px
>>50090395
Want.

I actually can't tell if that's a photo or a picture but I really want to cosplay Avacyn someday. Tfw you will never be giant or with good enough thighs to pull this off.

Why even live.
>>
>>50090395
Remember the days when we never had to bump the thread? Which was literally last week.

Why have you particular faggots (and you know who you are) abandoned the thread?
>>
>>50090550
It's a photo, you can tell by the pixels.
>>
>>50090550
1) It's a real girl.
2) Then be Thalia. Much cheaper costume.
>>
>>50090570
You can tell by the hair. No one is going to draw all those tangled strands.
>>
>>50090576
>Then be Thalia
I know a guy who is very creepily into Thalia, I don't want to risk it. Otherwise I'd do that in a heartbeat.
>>
>>50090721
Then move to the States and be Thalia, Aussie.
>>
>>50090755
I live in the Muslim Caliphate of Britbongistan actually, I'm moving to Canada in like 6 months so I can used white hair to blend into the snow.
>>
>>50090928
How's sharia law this time of year?
>>
God damn I need to get home internet so I can actually start writing and contributing to this always in death throes thread
>>
File: IMG_3386.jpg (149KB, 457x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3386.jpg
149KB, 457x500px
We all need to contribute more.
>>
>>50091708
It's okay, I don't have to do my hair anymore because all anyone can see is my eyes. It almost makes up for the stoning.
>>
>>50092722
Yeah I missed out on the heyday because of internet woes.

>>50094780
Do you have a favorite nonInnistrad character?
>>
>>50095481
Yeah, I quite like Ravnica too. My favourite from there is Niv-Mizzet.
>>
>>50095481
My favorite character is probably Venser.
>>
ON the note of favorite characters, anyone remember Belbe and Eladamri? I always thought their stories were especially tragic, and I miss their characters.
>>
>>50098586
I know who Eladamri is from his card, but who's Belbe?
>>
>>50098683
Y'know, Google is a great tool, you lazy slug.

Here's the first paragraph from her wiki page:

"Belbe (pronounced 'bell, bee') was a main character in the Nemesis novel. She was a cyborg, made from a fusion of Phyrexian technology and the body of the elven princess Avila. She had pale skin with bluish splotches and black attire. Her purpose for existing was to choose the new Evincar of Rath or become one, after the presumed death of Volrath in Mercadia. She was given her name and function by Abcal-dro, a member of Yawgmoth's Inner Circle."
>>
>>50098711
>>50098683
Continued wiki page:

"Avila was an elf from the Skyshroud forest in the artificial plane of Rath. She was an elven princess and the daughter of Eladamri. Her former lover was captured by Phyrexian forces and transformed into one of their agents. He had only one mission - to kill Avila and bring her body to Phyrexia at any cost. Having elven agility and skills supported by phyrexian technology, he succeeded. He poisoned Avila despite his love for her, still fresh in his mind. The strong poison killed her faster than a heartbeat. He then managed to deliver her body through a portal to Phyrexia, despite being pursued and captured by the elves.

In the Fourth Sphere of Phyrexia, Avila's body was completely dissected and precisely scanned. Under the eye of Abcal-dro her body was reconstructed. Although her skeleton was forged in duralumin and steel, and her body strengthened beyond imagination, she still looked almost like her former self and her organism was still sensitive to Phyrexia's toxic atmosphere. Her mind was pure however, and though it was filled with all of Phyrexia's knowledge, she had no memory of her former life and did not even know her name. Abcal-dro delivered it to her: it was Belbe - derived from Thran word be'el-be, which means a lens. A black sphere was then implanted in her body - the Eye of Yawgmoth. Her name was a literal description of her function, as she was to serve as Yawgmoth's eyepiece so he could observe the selection of the next Evincar."

Later in the book, Eladamri ended up killing her so.his dead daughter could finally rest. But by then, Belbe had begun to develop a personality outside of Phyrexia, and had even begun to consider that it may not be right to force Phyrexia on those who don't wish it. She even saved Eladamri and his follower's lives at the end of the book (just before Eladamri killed her).
>>
File: Hot Angel on Angel Action.jpg (191KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Hot Angel on Angel Action.jpg
191KB, 819x1024px
>>50098711
>>50098795
Not too big into the Phyrexia stuff really, there's only one collective being of perfect form in my heart.
>>
>>50100259
Confirmed for shit taste.

Belbe and Eladamri had the father/daughter drama tragedy down before Sorin and Avacyn were blinks in their creator's eye. Of course hitler angel has shit taste.
>>
File: YouDoodle+_2016-07-28T13_42_51Z.png (119KB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
YouDoodle+_2016-07-28T13_42_51Z.png
119KB, 300x219px
>>50100259
>>
File: sketch1478100124333.png (195KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
sketch1478100124333.png
195KB, 720x1280px
>>50090560
I've been working about 1.5x as much as usual and spending my already diminished free time on a mix of actually respectable social interactions and EDH because I'm hype for new commander. I decided if I made a 4 color BBEG, it shouldn't be Skyre, so I've also been brainstorming my Equilorian. Lore doesn't give much to work wiĆ¾ aside from vague, but not humanity, and I domt want to dive back in until he's got a full sheet. Hopefully it's been long enough since slenderman became a meme for me to make a faceless character.
>>
>>50100917
You've still contributed during the last few threads. Some anons have given up on us all together.
>>
>>50101675
I spent almost all of October practicing for Magic events, which is why I haven't put anything out. But rest assured I've got something in the works.
>>
>>50101706
Yay!
Thread posts: 231
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.