[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some unusual fantasy races you've seen or come up with?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

What are some unusual fantasy races you've seen or come up with?
>>
These slime creatures which enveloped a person and then dissolved (or it might have been atrophied) most of their body except their vital organs, and kept them alive. So it basically replaced their body with itself, without killing the person, so they ended up resembling a skeleton and vital organs housed within a humanoid slime (unless they lost their bones, then just a blob slime).
>>
Reasonable people. They never expect it.
>>
>>50051356
>A race of guidance counselors
>>
>>50050734
A race of sentient (and motile) floor tiles that consider people's feet a delicacy.
>>
File: 2016-11-01 17.10.11.jpg (132KB, 339x660px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-01 17.10.11.jpg
132KB, 339x660px
>>50050734
Pic related is a frameless. Not very unusual, as they're biologically not very different from human. But what sets the frameless apart as another race is that their mind prohibits framing effect.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Framing_effect_(psychology)

Other than that, the frameless is a diverse race consisting of many nations and ethnicities.
>>
File: 1457719767180.jpg (131KB, 1535x564px) Image search: [Google]
1457719767180.jpg
131KB, 1535x564px
>>50050734
I used to take part in a lot of the old bug world threads on here a while back, so I guess those.

Damn shame they died so suddenly, but there really wasn't a lot of traction past the first few threads. I'd do anything for the old googledoc link - I had it open on my phone's browser for easy access and the thing hard reset on me which reset all my tabs.
>>
>>50050734
Race of kung fu bears who do stuff with mist magic, nobody has ever come up with something as stupid as that before.

Right?
>>
>>50051494
sounds pretty cool to me anon.
>>
>>50051429
That honestly doesnt seem like something that would come up very often

So basically just people
>>
>>50051429
I think that's pretty interesting, have any other similar races?
>>
File: caster.jpg (117KB, 596x429px) Image search: [Google]
caster.jpg
117KB, 596x429px
>>50051577
It's from a dead card game (pic related) that just being revived as a video game last year thru Kickstarter. When it was still a card game, the only physical characteristic of frameless is heterochromatic eyes. Yes I know, very mary sueish. The Kickstarter retconned them as having forehead frill and no eyebrows. Also, their lack of "frame" allows the mana inside their body to interact with nature, thus allowing them to use magic. (Humans' mana is locked inside a frame, unabling them to use magic naturally.)

>>50051623
I'll see what I can find.
>>
File: bunny.jpg (675KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
bunny.jpg
675KB, 1680x1050px
>>50050734
Funny you should post opossums.
Male opossums have bifurcated penises, while females have bifurcated vaginas and uteruses.
>>
File: I FUCKING love coconuts!.jpg (280KB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
I FUCKING love coconuts!.jpg
280KB, 800x1143px
Umók
>>
>>50050890
Wouldn't it just be a nervous system with maybe a cardiovascular system? Digestion is taken care of by the slime, structure isn't really needed because everything is floating in goo so no skeleton, locomotion is done by goo so no muscles, and if the goo respirates and provides oxygenation, you could just have a freaky fleshy tendril monster manipulating a goop suit
>>
>>50051437

BugWorld has come back to life. Now we've been building a system and patching holes in the lore.

Here is the master link senpai.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pbF8KETro8UPOSZ2V4Uw1xoWHDa8QI3mXqpHs93VwTM/edit

And here's the discord server:
https://discord.gg/3gKTY
>>
>races
>not species
>>
File: 5-Star Post.jpg (44KB, 351x440px) Image search: [Google]
5-Star Post.jpg
44KB, 351x440px
>>50054674
You're a good man, anon.
>>
>>50050734
Huge rats standing on their hind legs, acting like racist Germans.
>>
>>50051437
In the future, bookmark the link instead of leaving it open.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.