[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, guys. I want to make a campaign about mersennearies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Mersennearies.png (4KB, 546x183px) Image search: [Google]
Mersennearies.png
4KB, 546x183px
Guys, guys.

I want to make a campaign about mersennearies
>>
>>50049997
pardon?
>>
>>50049997
ITT: Anon uses a word nobody understands, and feels smug for 65 posts
>>
>>50049997

Guys, guys.

I want people to start using their spell check.

"Mercenaries". Soldiers for hire.
>>
Ok, so a quick bit of research shows that Mersenne primes are just prime numbers that are one less than a power of two.

Interesting numbers, to be sure, but how the fuck are you going to build a campaign out of them?
>>
>>50050069
I have no clue. I want to say some sort of math based fun campaign, but those two things are mutually exclusive.

>>50050014
>>50050054
pls go to school or see spoiler image.
>>
>>50050122
I'm curious, if you just wanted to talk about these, why not go hang out on /sci/?
>>
>>50050122
>pls go to school
Says the guy who just learned about them in his highschool class.
>>
File: 136872652968.jpg (96KB, 502x417px) Image search: [Google]
136872652968.jpg
96KB, 502x417px
>>50049997
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mersenne_prime

There are cash rewards for computing or discovering prime numbers that fulfill certain criteria.

Some people who work on computing those prime numbers, call themselves Mersenne-Aries, which is just a pun on Mercenaries.

There is a relatively popular forum called Martin's Mersenne-Aries, which is where the term gained popularity.

All in all, this probably would be a boring basis for a campaign on its own.

Ultimately this is a pretty niche term, and a pretty cheap pun that will leave a lot of people Scratching their heads instead of laughing.

There's a lot of really obscure trivia in this world, most of it is probably not worth knowing, this is a Prime example of that.
(Cheap pun intended)
>>
>>50051489
Then let's amp the idea up to awesomeness.
Basic idea:
>there's cash rewards for computing or discovering prime numbers that fulfill certain criteria
>some people work on computing these numbers, the Mersenne-Aries

Now we add some spice.
>Let's say there's this global organization, Aries, that doles out these rewards
>Before the advent of quantum computing, these Mersenne prime numbers are few and far between, and so the discoveries are few and far between
>Then came quantum computing, which made possible faster discovery of these numbers
>There are currently few quantum computers in the world
>But there are plenty of those who would look for the Mersenne rewards
>And since you have to manually upload the number in Aries' special terminals, competition is fierce
>The terminals themselves don't care if you've pried the datastick off the cold-dead hand of the original discoverer, only if it's a Mersenne prime or not
>So hackers would try and hijack the known quantum computers for their Mersenne calculations, or make their own q-comp
>And survive long enough to deliver the numbers to the Aries terminals

PCs are either hackers, math guys, or muscle hired to protect the hackers or math guys. Or maybe they're part of a number bandit group that steals or robs the hackers or math guys.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.