[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laspistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 45

File: 8788119_1.jpg (121KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
8788119_1.jpg
121KB, 1024x705px
Can't we get a laspistol that looks like a normal freaking handgun?
>>
>>50049706
...Why would you make an apple that looks like an orange?
>>
>>50049740
I have a bounty on a guy that's deathly allergic to apples.
>>
>>50049740
Ok, what I meant was, why not have the ammo load up from the grip rather than in front of the trigger?
>>
Handguns are shaped the way they are for function, not form.
With an entirely different function, it will have an entirely different form.
>>
>>50049856
Because it's a battery pack, not physical ammunition.
>>
No, because a handgun shoots bullets, and a laspistol shoots lases.
>>
>>50049706
Maybe because what a lasgun/pistol shoots is pure energy. And that shits hot. Do you want to burn your hand every time you shoot your gun?
>>
>>50049870
Laser weapons work however the author wants them to, so why not? Just have a "battery mag" that loads near the grip and is depleted after so many shots.
>>
>>50049893
Have you seen how thick the battery packs are?
>>
>>50049879
Clearly you are incorrect. Handguns shoot hands.
>>
>>50049893
>why not?
The question is "why", not "why not"

Why is it important that laspistols look like 21st century handguns?
>>
File: Higan.png (226KB, 451x349px) Image search: [Google]
Higan.png
226KB, 451x349px
>>50049920
As you can see, handguns clearly shoot fire.
>>
>>50049938
But sir, you have chosen from your arsenal the finger gun.
>>
File: IMG_3212.png (102KB, 158x321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3212.png
102KB, 158x321px
>>50049879
>lases
>>
>>50049954
There must be some mistake, I crafted it from my finest hand!
>>
>>50049856
>why not have the ammo load up from the grip rather than in front of the trigger?
because laspistols are space mausers

why not just use an autopistol or a stub pistol?
>>
>>50049986
logistical. You can't fit as many shots into a mag with bullets than with a chargepack.
>>
>>50049999
And you can't fit as many shots into a quarter sized chargepack that has been slimmed down enough that it could fit inside a pistol grip, so what's your point?
>>
File: OldWeapons003.jpg (100KB, 800x797px) Image search: [Google]
OldWeapons003.jpg
100KB, 800x797px
>>50049999
so stick with your normal laspistol

or go with 2e laspistols that I don't think even had a charge pack
>>
>>50049706
To all the people nay saying, you're all clearly a bunch of no-gunz having fagzors.

Mauser style guns are annoying and not as ergonomical as regular pistols where you slap the damn magazine in the handle and you're good to go. Same for magazines that you slap in the side of a rifle. Star Wars gets me every time. The Storm Troopers would be so dang cool if only their magazines loaded in from the bottom like, oh, I don't know, EVERY MILITARY RIFLE IN THE HISTORY OF EVER.

Literally ForWhatPurpose-tier.
>>
Is this a serious thread? Like a for real thread?

Because this is stupid as holy fuck.
>>
>>50050146
Why do you want to strain your hands attempting to get them in a stable firing position around a giant powerbox?
As someone who actually has several guns with both rifle and pistol grips, I know for a fact that you need to be able to actually get your hands around the grip in order to actually fucking use the gun.

Also, there are many old rifles that load from the side or top and every breech loader ever loads from the back of the chamber.
>>
>>50049706
because "normal freaking handguns" were designed with their technology in mind. A laspistol does not work the same way as a handgun, and will not look the same way as a handgun.

This is like asking why a nuclear power plant doesn't look like a wind turbine.
>>
>why should a laspistol look like a stubber?
>why should a stubber look a flintlock?
>why should anything look like anything?

nice bait
>>
>>50049706
Because your pic is a Stub Pistol. A laspistol is a laspistol, and uses large battery packs that could not fit inside the grip without causing ergonomics issues. Plus, if we go by the now-defunct RPGs, laspistols have 30 shots per packs, whereas Stub Pistols had 9.
>>
>>50049706
nothing says you cannot, but perhaps some AdMech design decided that the hand-grip was a fine place to put the computer and focusing arrays for the Las system, thus requiring a bulky separate, but additional, volume for the charge-pack?

it's a laser weapon, it likely requires a small sturdy computer to handle focusing lenses for distances...
>>
>>50050194
Then just slim down the powerpack and carry a bunch of mini powerpacks with you. What is this? Halo? Are we no longer reloading now just because our guns shoot energy?

If you want a smaller weapon with a slimmer profile because you're sick of carrying around heavy-ass shit, then you get a smaller pistol with smaller ammunition and carry around smaller magazines.

And I KNOW there have been guns that you reloaded from the top/side/corner/back/up/down/left/right/B/A/start. I don't give a dick about them; they're annoying and bulky and they make for a bigger profile because the magazine juts out like a big, dumb idiot.

In fact, pretty much all the guns in the StarWars canon make me seethe in autistic rage. Those big, DMR looking guns look unwieldy and impractical to operate. The regular blasters fielded by the regular Storm Troopers have those ridiculous magazines that load in from the sides, and don't even get me started about how the E-11 blasters in the new Star Wars movie was clearly designed for right-handed users, but the magazine sticks out to the right like it's intended for left-handed users.

If anything, THAT'S "literally ForWhatPurpose-tier"
>>
>>50050315
>Then just slim down the powerpack and carry a bunch of mini powerpacks with you. What is this? Halo? Are we no longer reloading now just because our guns shoot energy?
You do realize that as it stands, you rarely need to reload in a fight. Increasing the number of times you need to reload for the sake of easier reloading is silly.
I'd rather have a magazine forward of the grip that I'll never need to reload in a firefight than have to reload three times per fight because the magazine is small and in a slightly more convenient location.
>>
>>50050326
never have to reload against 'nids or orks?
>>
File: Not a German military rifle.jpg (793KB, 3296x2472px) Image search: [Google]
Not a German military rifle.jpg
793KB, 3296x2472px
>>50050146
Yeah I know right. Guns that are feed ammo from their sides is a stupid idea. Those damn propdesigners really need a reality check
>>
>>50050343
If you're fighting nids or orks, you're part of a firing line and either have the breathing room to reload every 30+ shots or are already dead.
Ceasing fire every 30 shots is better than ceasing fire every 10 shots for a marginally shorter increment of time.
>>
>>50050326
I'd rather have half the ammo and not need to worry about my aim being thrown off because the magazine makes the front of the pistol too heavy.

And I'm sure they've needed to reload plenty of times. Each magazine in a lasrifle carries maybe around 150 shots. That's nothing. People dump 150 rounds at the range in a matter of minutes. Actual soldiers who happen to have engaged in real-life firefights run out of ammo in an hour or two, and they don't fire half as many rounds as the IG do.

If I'm an officer, and if I'm carrying a laspistol (poor-fag couldn't afford the boltpistol), then I'd rather be able to shoot 15 times at my best then 30 times impeded.

>>50050359
Also, like I said above, I KNOW there are guns which, historically speaking, you'd reload from the side. I still think they were absolute wretched abominations and there's a good reason we never went back to them.
>>
File: Doesn't load from its side..jpg (568KB, 2624x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Doesn't load from its side..jpg
568KB, 2624x1476px
>>50050315
I don't know maybe they have their magazines on their side because. Oh I don't know, its fucking easier to reload and you don't have to worry about the magazine getting in the way when you're lying down? Or maybe fight in trenches? Or over barricades? Or maybe the ammo has to be fed from the side for some reason.
>>
>>50050390
You forget that there's no recoil.
If you can't compensate for the slightly forward point of balance on a weapon that is one of the two you've ever been trained on (The other being the standard lasgun pattern for your regiment) then you're just a shitty shot. Sorry.
>>
File: djMA6OE.jpg (254KB, 2000x972px) Image search: [Google]
djMA6OE.jpg
254KB, 2000x972px
>>50050390
Mate its a fucking future setting. The packs probably way. I don't know about as much as my terrabyte hard drive maybe less. Light doesn't tend way that much. And in case you don't know. The Imps don't exactly like deviation from standard patterns.
>>
The reason they use lasguns is to simplify logistics. Laspistols use the same energy packs as the lasguns to simplify logistics. Everyone wears the same kind of armor and eats the same kind of food to simplify logistics.
If you make special laspistol packs for the sake of slightly improved balance, you're just causing logistical problems.
>>
>>50050390
>because the magazine makes the front of the pistol too heavy
good thing the ex-hive-ganger space soldier men don't give a fuck about the weight of their guns because they have arms the size of your entire body
>>
>>50050391
It's hardly "easier to reload". If there even WAS a difference, then I bet the difference would be negligible and could be easily offset with regular training. Bullpups are harder to reload and tons of countries still use them because they've decided the pros of a longer barrel outweighed the cons of being slightly inconvenienced with loading. But even the L85 has a thin, unobtrusive design that you would easily lay down with.

That's a ridiculous argument. Lying down with a rifle that you load in from the bottom is "difficult" now? You'd compromise your thin profile and ease of ergonomics for the ability to lie down more comfortably? I didn't realize the military was so intent on me sleeping on the job.

And if you're fighting in close, cramped quarters, a magazine jutting out to your left (or right, in The Force Awaken's case) would be total SHIT. And are Storm Troopers known for fighting in barricades? Do regular soldiers IRL always shoot in barricades? If you're being dispatched on a mission where barricades and lying down seem like a likely option, then THAT'S when they should deviate from a practical, multi-purpose styled gun (ie. any gun where you reload your magazine from the bottom) and issue specially-purposed blasters with stupid magazines jutting out from the stupid sides.

And WHY would the magazine HAVE to be fed from the side for some reason? There ARE examples of guns being fed on the bottom. The pistols on Star Wars are all fed from the bottom. There are many rifles (both canon and non-canon) that load from the bottom like any regular gun. So why, why, why, why, WHY would the great and mighty Empire or the First Order or whoever the hell's in charge give their standard issue rifle an ugly, dumb, retarded, baka desu side-loading magazine?

>>50050456
Literally the only logical explanation I've heard in this thread beside "it's just a movie"-tier explanations.
>>
>>50050484
>It's hardly "easier to reload". If there even WAS a difference, then I bet the difference would be negligible and could be easily offset with regular training. Bullpups are harder to reload and tons of countries still use them because they've decided the pros of a longer barrel outweighed the cons of being slightly inconvenienced with loading. But even the L85 has a thin, unobtrusive design that you would easily lay down with.
I wonder if he realizes that almost every part of this also applies to having your pistol's magazine equivalent forward of the grip.
The imperium has decided the pros of a larger magazine outweighs the cons of a slightly worse center of mass and slightly less convenient loading.
>>
>>50050505
...Okay, fair enough. You win that round.
>>
File: My god am I tired..jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
My god am I tired..jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>50050484
Why is a side fed gun easier to reload when you're lying down? Because you don't have to raise the fucking gun to reload and can keep it pointed at the enemy while you do so. And why are you lying down? Maybe its because your harder to hit/easier to stabilize the fucking gun.

Maybe Stormtroopers should, considering normal ST tactics is to stand out in the open and miss everything so that their even easier to hit. IRL if you're not shooting from a barricade or some other defensive structure, like a wall you're lucky your not fucking dead.

And no ones saying they HAVE to. And certain reasons include the ones why Machine guns are fed from the side.
>>
>>50050590
My same argument still stands. WHY would you sacrifice an all-purpose design JUST to make it easier to lie down? Normal Storm Troopers, in the books (before it became non-canon) used military tactics just like the ones we use IRL. They hid behind cover and flanked and knelt and lay down and all kinds of whatever; all things that regular soldiers do IRL; which you won't find them complaining about even though their guns (surprise, surprise) load in their magazines on the bottom.

And the picture of the machine gun you showed me in your last pic was not "loaded in from the side". It's still a bottom-fed magazine, but due to the nature of a machine gun (shooting a lot of bullets at really high rates of fire), the magazine is obviously larger, and thus, the magazine juts out in a bulky manner to accommodate for said increase in bullet capacity.

You don't see regular troops running around with belt-fed magazines like that because they're bulky and get in the way; same as a side-fed magazine is bulky and gets in the way.

Pretty much, side-fed magazines or any magazine in general that's not pretty much a straight stick running down from the bottom of your gun is impractical.

Also, just as a heads up, I once shot a Sten at my local gunshow, and at first I tried to kneel down and shoot it because I thought the trigger was a little sticky, but then I remembered the reloading felt cramped from that kneeling position, so I ended up standing for the whole duration of it.

All-in-all, side-fed magazines suck total donkey ass.
>>
>>50050484
As someone who's trained on the L85 / SA80, this is horse shit. The thing is a pain in the arse to load while prone, as you've got to tilt the rifle one way to remove and replace the mag, then the other way to cock it, all while the magazine is catching on whatever uneven ground you're lying on and you're trying to keep your head as low as possible. I love the thing, but damn.

And yes, the military is quite keen on you lying down while shooting for a variety of exciting reasons which largely boil down to 1. Making it easier to shoot the enemy and 2. Making it harder for the enemy to shoot you.
>>
>>50050959
Yeah, cool, but would you say it's difficult to lay down with it at all?

Loading a rifle would be difficult for anyone while prone (even with an m16), but you'd never see anyone adopting a side-fed rifle as his standard issue armament. Personally, would you rather have an L85 or an L85 that loads in from the side?

I'm willing to bet you'd say the L85 that DOESN'T load in from the side.
>>
File: thumbs up.png (259KB, 413x384px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.png
259KB, 413x384px
>Being THIS autistic

You're from /k/, right?

Well, at least it's not another elfthread and your REEEEEEEEEEEing is somewhat amusing.

7/10 i chuckled.
>>
File: Laughing Traitors.jpg (105KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Traitors.jpg
105KB, 900x563px
>>50050390
>Lasers make the front of the gun too heavy

>>50050436
>way
Anon, please. Make use of google spell check.
I love that threads like this exist while Space Marines continue to eat brains to steal memories. Everything in 40k is space magic and makes absolutely no sense by today's standards and until you accept this fact, you will never find enjoyment in this setting.
>>
>Lasguns aren't realistic because they don't act exactly like contemporary guns with bullets!

In other news, water is wet and cats might be somewhat different from dogs.
>>
>>50051057
>>50051027
>>50051079

I'll REEEE all I Goddamn want, you mongs
>>
>>50051088
Please do. It's hilarious.
>>
File: 142183834928.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
142183834928.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>50051093
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>50049706
Rule of 40k: if it doesn't trigger /k/,you're doing something wrong
>>
>>50050994
You have me there I'm afraid; having never used a side-loading weapon I couldn't say. I think it would probably be easier for prone shooting to the exclusion of all else, so I can see the potential advantages if your doctrine focuses more on static firing lines, but most modern militaries don't. Some IG forces do though.
>>
File: DSCN2155.JPG.jpg (89KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2155.JPG.jpg
89KB, 1000x700px
>raging about side mounted magazines when shit like this exists

Funniest thing is that this one of the less gimmicky examples of its kind.
>>
File: 1391506033744.jpg (46KB, 365x500px) Image search: [Google]
1391506033744.jpg
46KB, 365x500px
>>50050391
Not the anon you're arguing with, but comparing a pistol or a rifle to an MG is disingenuous, you faggot. Line infantry aren't lugging around an MG per person.
>>
>>50051172
That's the most badass thing I've ever seen of all time.

I wish I had US citizenship and made a billion dollars a year. The things I would buy would make that Dan Bilzerian guy insanely freaking jealous.
>>
File: 1391506248457.jpg (108KB, 980x600px) Image search: [Google]
1391506248457.jpg
108KB, 980x600px
>>50050484
>Lying down with a rifle that you load in from the bottom is "difficult" now
You dumbass, going prone is a Thing that happens fairly regularly, and magazine length literally limits how low you can go. This is why, for example, you don't see 45-round stick mags being fielded regularly, because an extra 15 bullets isn't worth the hassle of getting shot in the face because you couldn't hump the dirt better.
>>
File: 1391816420165.jpg (861KB, 3712x2712px) Image search: [Google]
1391816420165.jpg
861KB, 3712x2712px
>>50051189
IIRC, that pic was from an article about SF operators operating so operationally that they needed backpacks full of dakka to operate better. But also I saved that pic years ago, so fuck me if I have the source.
>>
>>50051172
>Push button to kill
>Badass
>>
File: oversized weapon.jpg (53KB, 615x322px) Image search: [Google]
oversized weapon.jpg
53KB, 615x322px
>>50051213
>push button to explode a motherfucker from a mile away
>>
File: avenger-and-vw.jpg (227KB, 1800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
avenger-and-vw.jpg
227KB, 1800x1150px
>>50051213
>>50051219
>push button to BRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT
>>
>>50051162
>Designed in presumably early 20th century
>TOP fed pancake magazine, idealized for lying prone and also to reduce gun profile
>Presumably designed to act as some sort of machine gun, as evidenced by the added bipod

I literally see nothing wrong with this. If it were designed in modern times, it'd probably have a long chain of ammo running out of it attached to a big box of ammo sitting over on the side or something.

It's SIDE-fed magazines that trigger me, anon. Not well-oiled machines of death.

>>50051197
Did I say it was the length of the magazine that triggered me? No, I said it was the fact that the magazine comes in from the side. And as far as a 30-round STANAG mag goes, or a tiny battery pack on an E-11 Blaster, those AREN'T large enough to be considered "unwieldy" or "overly bulky" by any means at all.

Seriously. The only reason they put the E-11 Blaster magazine on the side is because "rule of cool", but if you were any gun nut wandering around back in the 80's, it certainly was not "cool" by any means imaginable.
>>
File: hearts & minds.jpg (68KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
hearts & minds.jpg
68KB, 500x280px
>>50051213
>>50051224
>push button to win hearts & minds
>>
File: SterlingE11-MOM.jpg (458KB, 1024x630px) Image search: [Google]
SterlingE11-MOM.jpg
458KB, 1024x630px
>>50051238
>The only reason they put the E-11 Blaster magazine on the side is because
it was built up on a Sterling L2A3 SMG, you fucking ignoramus. Just like how Solo's DL-44 is is actually a Mauser with some fiddly shit slapped on, and became the template for all laser pistols in existence, including 40kek's laspistol.

Moron.
>>
File: hind.jpg (3MB, 4887x2394px) Image search: [Google]
hind.jpg
3MB, 4887x2394px
>>50051241
if you mix hearts and minds together you get
>>
File: Baitzkreig.jpg (46KB, 1000x584px) Image search: [Google]
Baitzkreig.jpg
46KB, 1000x584px
>>50051172
Still its a gun that loads its ammo from its side. I wasn't talking about specific guns but guns in general. But it doesn't change the fact that I don't care. Also pic = thread.
>>
>>50051248
Side mounted mags were pretty common among submachine guns made back then.
>>
File: akane-kisarazu-ita-cobra-002.jpg (224KB, 1237x825px) Image search: [Google]
akane-kisarazu-ita-cobra-002.jpg
224KB, 1237x825px
>>50051256
This is a Congolese macaroni art board, post only relevant content pls
>>
File: top 100 anime battles.png (13KB, 544x480px) Image search: [Google]
top 100 anime battles.png
13KB, 544x480px
>>50051262
okay
>>
>>50051088
I DIDN'T WATCH MY FRIENDS DIE IN 'NAM SO SOME FAG IN A CAMBODIAN CORPSE MAKE UP BOARD COULD TELL ME WHAT TO REEE OR NOT!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>50051259
>its a gun that loads its ammo from its side
That's not even remotely true though, and you'd know that if you know a damn thing about guns. Most modern MGs load from the top, the belt just dangles out. (The M249 SAW is an example of a weird exception, but only when you're loading STANAG mags, but fucking no one does that, to the point that at least two variants - the SPW and the Mk46 Mod 0 - ditched the side-loading mag feature entirely).
>>
>>50051260
Yup. Sten, the Sterling L2A3 (British knockoff/replacement Sten), the CETME C2 (Spanish knockoff L2A3), and the Lanchester (British knockoff of the German MP28, which itself is just a variant of the MP18, a WWI-era sideloading SMG) all come to mind.
>>
>>50051256
>>50051281
A weapon to surpass Metal Gear!
>>
>>50051248
>Implying I didn't know that

What I had MEANT to say, if you wanted me to be absolutely literal was "Gee, I sure wish the Empire's standard issue rifle was modeled after a weapon, THAT DIDN'T FUCKING SUCK".

Is THAT how I should have worded it, YOU PEDANTIC FUCKING MONG?
>>
File: 3218994.jpg (11KB, 400x259px) Image search: [Google]
3218994.jpg
11KB, 400x259px
>>50051347
Would you had preferred to be modeled after something like this then?
>>
>>50051260
Cheap design that was readily distributed (Britain copied Russia, which was copied by Britain again, which the Germans took inspiration from, which the Russians and British copied yet AGAIN when they were low on resources), also, they were very commonly used as resistance weapons and weapons of last resort, famous among French resistance fighters and downed airmen.

Even the M3A1 (derided for its "ugly", stamped look) performed massively better then the British Sten and British soldiers favored the American Thompson humongously at the time due to its well-made design.

Side-fed magazines were literally memes. If 4chan had been invented in the 1940's, people would create threads on /int/ showing a picture of a Sten or a Sterling and then smugly typing "There are still countries that exist who fight the Nazis using this" before creating a massive shitstorm involving Sten-shills trying very hard not to get BTFO.

Again. There's a reason we didn't go back to them, barring odd, exceptional circumstances.
>>
>>50051259
>Completely ignores me when I specifically told him it's a gun that DOESN'T load from the side
>Gets BTFO anyway

By the way, this IS the anon you were replying too.
>>
>>50051382
Nowadays we are too busy with trying to get a new standard issue pistol only to discard it at the last moment, wait a year or two and start looking for a new pistol again.
>>
>>50051382
>M3A1 performed massively better then the British Sten
>British soldiers favored the American Thompson humongously

[citation needed]

I remember reading plenty about how the Sten, despite its flaws, was well liked, and due to its cheap and easy manufacturing, it was made in various occupied countries as well. Hell, even the Germans tried to make their copy of it, but the brass wasn't interested in it until the very end of the war.

Also, I don't remember much about people liking the Thompson. It was a very heavy gun for what it did. Something like the M3 did the same job in a much smaller and lighter package.

>Side-fed magazines were literally memes.

No, they served a specific purpose.

>There's a reason we didn't go back to them

Which isn't because people designing the weapons were complete morons that didn't know how to make guns and intentionally ignored modern sensibilities of what a gun should be, like you're trying to make it out to be.
>>
>>50049706
>why doesn't 40k look like real life
Does your fridge look like a toilet, or do you have to go out of your way to eat shit?
>>
>>50051364
That's pretty sexy, yes. Or perhaps just give them Not!Kahrs that shoot lasers or something.

Personally, I've always fantasized about being able to remake StarWars in my own image, and if ever given the chance, I always fantasized about arming the Storm Troopers with Not!M2Hydes. Pretty obscure among normie Call of Duty players, but decently popular with the gun nut crowd, though I'd cut down the length of the magazine and tack on some space-stuff and color it black.

I've also planned on giving the occasional rebel or two the side-fed E-11 blaster, as a homage to the French resistance; but the majority of them would be armed with simple long rifles and pistols, like the M1Garand, or the Enfield (though spaced up, for sci-fi reasons).

Han Solo would have his mauser D-Something blaster (D-12, I think?), I think that was a really good design that fit him well, but I'd give the Storm Troopers massive sidearms; kind of like how in Halo: Combat Evolved, the pistol is a deathly weapon. This would be based off of the blocky 1911, whereas the sidearm for most rebels would be dinky, stream-lined pistols, reminiscent of a 1912 Weber or something.

Also, fuck Tie-Fighters. What a dumb design. I'm not even a huge StarWars fan. I just like the setting, and I'm disappointed at all that wasted potential.
>>
>>50051534
Also, I apologize for my deviantart-tier drawing. I'm no graphic designer.
>>
>>50050484

Why are you so butt flustered over the laaer gun design of a space fantasy movie that has people charging into combat with laser swords and knocking away lasers like fucking baseballs
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>50051832
>"It's PHANTUSEE! It's not SPPOSD to be realistic!"

I hate this meme so fucking much.
>>
>>50051858
Well deal with it and go pretend somewhere else.
>>
File: Star Wars Stuff.png (1MB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Stuff.png
1MB, 1600x1000px
>>50051534
Tie Fighters are designed the way they are because they're distinct and memorable. You can reduce a Tie Fighter to three basic 3D primitives (a sphere suspended between two hexagons, pic related) and it will still be instantly recognisable as a Tie Fighter. You will never, ever mistake a Tie Fighter for a space fighter from any other franchise.

More to the point, it emphasizes the coldness and inhumanity of the Empire, by the fact that their ships are all weird flying geometries (Star Destroyers are arrowheads with blocks stacked on them, the Death Star is a sphere with a crater in its upper hemisphere and trench around its equator, etc.), compared to the Rebel Alliance's ships that look closer to traditional fighter-planes, and thus feel more human and relateable.

This is good visual design, blah blah blah, I feel like I've made this fucking argument a million times already.
>>
>>50051534
I'd enjoy your space gunwank, anon.
>>
>>50051858
>everything I don't like is a meme
Listen here faggot.
You're complaining about laser guns not matching the real world ergonomics of the guns you learned about from call of duty and halo, in a universe were the laws of physics are casually broken every in other scene.

Go be autistic somewhere else.
>>
>>50051890
You DO realize this is /tg/, right? Otherwise known as "the board that takes gaming seriously"? Verisimilitude is the key to setting and lore, not ass-faggotry and preschool-levels of make believe.

If you want pretend fun, go to /v/, you Slow-Roasted Ham&Bitch.

>>50051904
Yeah, well I kept the little plates in my new design because I figured I'd give it a similar identity without just having it be a ball stuck between two stop signs.
>>
>>50051890
Even fantasy has to follow some sort of rules. I'm not the frogposter, but I understand his frustration with this argument. It can't just blanket everything you don't feel like needs to be explained.
>>
>>50051945
Except that your design looks too similar to the shit that the Rebel Alliance has. The Empire needs its own identity, and the Tie Fighter is exactly that.
>>
>>50051945
0/10, pretend harder.

>>50051948
Those rules do not have to be tied to real world physics or design.
>>
>>50051969
Not anyone you're talking to, but it's safe to assume in fantasy settings that everything lines up with real-world physics unless otherwise stated or implied. If something is dumb because the author was just ignorant/didn't care/was too lazy to handwave it it's fair to complain.
>>
>>50051534
>make the guns bigger and blockier
>that's a unique take on sci-fi weapons
>make the "wings" move
>because that matters in space
>ooh and make them see through
>>50051540
You should apologize for your deviantart tier ideas.
>>
>>50051858
m8, fantasy things can't look realistic for the good reason that yes, it's fantasy. What the fuck do you expect something like a graviton gun to look like?

>>50051945
Internal consistency is the key to setting and lore, not looking realistic. You're using the wrong definition of verisimilitude.
>>
>>50051976
Every single aspect of 40k implies that it does not follow real world physics (or chemistry or biology or anything else).
>>
>>50051991
>Make the guns bigger and blockier
Too show that they're much more expensively manufactured and powerful. Duh.

>Make the wings "move"
They "pivot", anon. Not "move". And yes, they do this because rockets propel things through space, and rockets at the ends of pivoting wings allow it to "move" better than rockets stuck on the butt of a fighter. It actually, scientifically does matter. I'm not sure why it wouldn't. Like, I'm honestly trying to figure out why it wouldn't, and I can't think of a good reason why.

>Ooh, and make them see through
Yeah, well fuck you too.
>>
>>50051976
You do realize you're arguing for someone who demands high energy weapons from the 41st millennium to look like 20th century automatic pistols, right? I'd really like you to explain to me what real world physics are involved that would make a laspistol look like a 1911, rather than something completely different.
>>
>>50052000
No, it's handwaved that their technology is advanced enough that it does weird things to physics that we can't, which is different. The only thing in 40k that is utterly unacceptable to conventional reality is warp/psyker fuckery and ftl travel
>>
>>50052025
>No, it's handwaved that their technology is advanced enough that it does weird things to physics that we can't, which is different.
You're right. So it explicitly states that it doesn't follow real world physics.
>>
>>50052023
Meh. I don't think they should look like pistols, but I'm all for weapon design that looks like something that could actually work. Las pistols look ass ugly to me, I'd prefer a space 1911 over that shit
>>
>>50051172
>Line infantry aren't lugging around an MG per person.

Not with that attitude they're not.

Speaking of GMPGs, does the Guard have any comparable weapons? Or is it just nothing but bolters?
>>
>>50051256
A Hind-D?
>>
>>50052079
There's Heavy Stubbers, which are pleb tier PDF weapons. Why bother with that, when you can have a rocker propelled grenade machine guns standard on everything?
>>
>>50052053
Example 1)
>this laser gun works because the society that made it has perfected microtechnology. A tiny nuclear fission reactor allows for a powerful enough beam and a small computer embedded in the hilt focuses the laser on the go.

Example 2)
>this laser gun works because in this universe lasers work differently.

See the difference?
>>
File: Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor.jpg (63KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor.jpg
63KB, 1024x682px
>>50052019
There is so much stupid in this post, I can't even.

>Too show that they're much more expensively manufactured and powerful. Duh.
Yeah, like a hi-point.

>rockets
They aren't rockets.

>rockets at the ends of pivoting wings allow it to "move" better than rockets stuck on the butt of a fighter
Just like all those real life fighters right? Real fucking realistic.

>It actually, scientifically does matter
>I'm not sure why it wouldn't
What is a vacuum?

>Yeah, well fuck you too.
Sorry I'm not as accommodating as whatever hugbox you crawled out of.
>>
>>50049856
i dont know how you thought anybody would get that from the op

anyway i dont see why you couldn't have one like that.

being a lasweapon though i dont think it matters much your not reloading very often
>>
>>50050315
its 40k just come up with custom laspistols that fire less rounds its not like it would have any rules implications.
>>
There are probably as many patterns of laspistol and lasgun as there are stars in the sky. It's all down to what you want to do - so, for example, I've got a converted Guardsman sergeant with a lasrevolver that cycles through about twenty shots per 'round' (which are basically batteries).

Plus, Games Workshop have never been good at creating practical thing. The Taurox/whatever it's called is a prime example.
>>
>>50051172
>Line infantry aren't lugging around an MG per person.
what if they are skitari
especially on mars
>>
>>50052120
No, like the fucking pistol from Halo, you mega ass-faggot. The pistol is bigger because it shoots more powerful rounds, and thus, it needs a bigger component to house the crystal, to focus the laser, to carry the energy pack, you, who dines on gay lords.

And "yes", if you're in a fucking vacuum, you NEED fucking rockets or jets or whatever the fuck you want to call them to propel yourself through space. Flying in space is NOT like flying in our atmosphere, you retrograded retard. Jets at the ends of the fighter jets that we use today are stuck in one place because they fly in a motherfucking atmosphere, where wind resistance is a fucking thing, you fantastical faggot. If you're in a vacuum, YOU CAN ONLY MOVE UP OR DOWN IF YOU HAVE A FORCE PUSHING YOU UP OR DOWN. That's why the little wings turn up or down, SO THAT THE CONCEPTUAL TIE FIGHTER CAN MANEUVER UP OR DOWN.

You bitch of bitches. You sons of whores. You pieces of shits.

Were it not for the laws of this land, I would have slaughtered you.
>>
>>50052146
this
just have a forgeworld that for some reason makes there laspistols difrently
>>
>>50052106
Example 1)
>I made some shit up and gave it a fancy name

Example 2)
>I made some shit up
>>
>>50052079
>>50052156

They carry around rifles that regularly cut unarmored people in half and hold many, many rounds in a clip with no recoil, no bullet drop, and little-to-no overheating, as well as a ridiculously high rate of fire.

For all intents and purposes, every IG practically IS carrying around his own, personal machinegun.
>>
>>50052146
Logistics, though. Lasguns can come in various shapes and styles, but they all are fed with standard power packs.
>>
>>50052182
>I made some shit up that makes sense and could possibly work on paper, given materials technology years ahead of our time and computer processing power that makes our own laughable in comparison

Vs.

>Hurr durr, it's magic

I don't get what's troubling you? Is it really this hard to grasp? I understood these concepts when I was still in Middle school, playing Space-Man with my friends.
>>
>>50052175
>Were it not for the laws of this land, I would have slaughtered you.

What are you, twelve?

I'm not even him, but you're cringy as fuck. I feel like you don't even understand how suspension of disbelief works. And no, I'm not going to say something like "IT'S FANTASY HURR DURR YOU DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN IT". The answer is so much more fucking simple. How the world actually works? Doesn't matter and never has. How the viewer BELIEVES the world works does. If the detailed physics involved is something so ingrained into that person's pysche that when they see something defy those physics, then their brain picks up on something being wrong, and their suspension of disbelief is shattered. That's why the the most common way to break someone's suspension of disbelief is to ignore rules the work has already set up, because it's fresh in the mind of the viewer while they're viewing.

The complex sets of thrusters you need to actually manuever about in space? They're cool, but they're not so entrenched in the minds of the common public that the average joe would, upon seeing a fighter spaceship without them, say "HEY, THIS THING SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO MANUEVER!"

I'm sure I've fucked up my explanation at some point, and someone else could do it better, but I felt you had to know.

And again, you sound like a manchild.
>>
>>50052219
>I made some shit up that makes sense and could possibly work on paper, given materials technology years ahead of our time and computer processing power that makes our own laughable in comparison
That doesn't describe 40k at all.
>>
>>50051460
The only time i heard of someone disliking a Sten was George Macdonald Frasier and that was because he had to hand in an SMLE Mk 3 that he'd used throughout Burma for it when he became a Sergeant. He didn't like it because it was a submachine gun, not because it was a Sten in particular.

Anyway, the Sterling was used up until the 1990s and is still in service today in some countries so side loading magazines were workable.
>>
>>50052284
Actually, I lie. It wasn't a Sten, It was actually a Thompson. He got rid of it by chucking it in a stream and claiming it was lost.
>>
File: Boeing X-37B.jpg (317KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
Boeing X-37B.jpg
317KB, 1280x848px
>>50052175
I thought it couldn't get more stupid or pathetic, I was wrong.

>The pistol is bigger because it shoots more powerful rounds
So the opposite of how real word arms development works?

>it needs a bigger component to house the crystal, to focus the laser
It absolutely doesn't.

>to carry the energy pack
You mean the exact shit that you were complaining about before?

>jets
Those things that need an atmosphere to function in?

>NEED fucking rockets or jets or whatever the fuck
Apparently not, since it's an ion engine, like in the fucking name of the ship.

>If you're in a vacuum, YOU CAN ONLY MOVE UP OR DOWN IF YOU HAVE A FORCE PUSHING YOU UP OR DOWN
>That's why the little wings turn up or down
Just like all those real life space craft? Top fucking realism.

>Were it not for the laws of this land, I would have slaughtered you.
If rules meant anything to you, your underage ass wouldn't be here.

Consider suicide you cretin.
>>
>muh guns gotta be fuck huge so that they'll look advanced
>most of the modern personal arms around same size or smaller than their precursors and unnecessary size is seen as a flaw
>>
File: madsen-brazil.jpg (111KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
madsen-brazil.jpg
111KB, 600x800px
>>50052284
Madsen machine guns (first adopted in 1902) are still in use in placed like Brazil.
>>
>>50052388
Why stop using something if it still works?
>>
>>50049706
No

thats what stubbers are for dummy
>>
>>50052420
To be fair, they're only used by regular police and that's because of a shortage of more modern machine guns in police inventories.
>>
>>50052440
Well, that and the fact they're using old fashioned full powered rifle rounds which are excellent in urban fighting because they can punch through cover easily.
>>
>>50052420
Because better things exist?

>>50052440
I remember local cops having plenty of WW2 weapons and even confiscated firearms in their inventory all the way to the 90's before they began investing in newer and more modern weapons and equipment.
>>
>>50051208
Does the soldier on left have a MATIS on his rifle?
>>
>>50052339
40k is explicitly full of shitty archaotech though
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 250x271px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 250x271px
>>50052175
Hey dipshit, the TIE would probably steer with RCS, totally eliminating the need for your totally impractical, even less less realistic remake to the existing TIE fighter

>Were it not for the laws of the land, I would have slaughtered you

Oh wait, you're only twelve. You probably don't know anything about physics
>>
File: Fallout4_laser_pistol.png (210KB, 852x557px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_laser_pistol.png
210KB, 852x557px
>>
>>50051347

Thats impressive goal post movement you got there.

>STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE!!!

Fuck yourself.
>>
>>50052580
So where do the shells come out
>>
>>50052705
On phone, but yeah. That is what I unironically meant when I made my post you just replied to, you dancing gaylord. I didn't think I'd have to be so literal around your candied asses, but these faggots just keep coming and coming.
>>
>>50052738
...What? The Fallout laser pistol is not magazine fed.
>>
>>50049706
Are you stupid? Stub pistols exist in 40k
>>
>>50052339
40k designs are generally made that way for durability.
A lasgun is bulkier than any comparable rifle, but it'll never jam and your great-great-great grandson could excavate it out of the dirt where you fell, wipe some of the dirt off, and immediately start fighting xenos with it.
>>
>>50052738
>laser pistol
>shells

I see, you're satirizing OP.
>>
>>50052251
I'm on my phone right now but I just want you to know how ready I am to tear your turds when I get home in front of my laptop. It'll be the btfo of the century. You will quite literally be "on suicide watch". You will, I guarantee, "never recover", and all anons around the world would decisively agree you could "never" possibly "compete", and that one should "check thyself" before "wrecking thineself" as hard as you, you tootsie pop liking african.
>>
>>50055224
Yeah, well that's very fascinating and all, and you put a lot of effort into this troll post, I'm sure. Good use of quotation marks. So good on you, Anon, I appreciated it.

But I'm gonna go sleep now, so good luck with doing any of that.
>>
>>50052518
Mega ass-faggot right here, desu.

My proposed design also uses rcs, I just didn't bother to say so because it already seemed like a given. You want me to explain the laser propulsion system as well? You want me to talk about the training these guys go through before being certified pilots? Damn, son. Get off my back.
>>
>>50052121
It makes the weapon less front-heavy and more compact.
>>
>>50051534
>>50052019
>>50052175

Here's something you might want to look into, anon.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_moment_gyroscope
It would be far more practical and easier to maintain.
>>
>>50055525
Interesting...Greatly appreciated, space anon. This should prove quite useful in any future projects of science fiction.
>>
>>50049893
The reason why most real pistols have ammunition in the mag is because it's mechanically convienient and results in a short package of the gun.

If you just have to transfer electricity, you can put the las-mag anywhere you want.
>>
>>50052206
I bet at least some of the forge worlds make their own 'special' power packs for THEIR las weapons, and while the designs are technically capable of accepting a standard power pack, it requires an adapter, which is not standard issue. Fucking Europeans and STANAG, IN SPACE.
>>
>>50051534
Also:
>Outperforms rebel ships during dogfights

You clearly do not understand the purpose of Tie Fighters, either in a dramatic, narrative sense, or an in-universe sense. They are the disposable mooks that the good guys beat up to establish their power-levels. They're also a symbol of how little the Empire values its individual soldiers, being cheap, fragile and easily replaced scrub-tier fighters. Star Wars would quickly stop being Star Wars if either of those elements were removed.
>>
>>50052054
> Las pistols look ass ugly to me

Yeah lots of guns look ugly, that doesn't mean they don't work.

>but I'm all for weapon design that looks like something that could actually work

Sure, but keep in mind it's a fucking laser gun, there's nothing in the design that says "this would not work as a laser gun".
>>
File: X34-landspeeder.jpg (61KB, 640x264px) Image search: [Google]
X34-landspeeder.jpg
61KB, 640x264px
>>50052518
Actually it probably rotates thanks to whatever fictional component lets Stars Wars vehicles DEFY FUCKING GRAVITY.
>>
>>50052019
>wings
>in fucking space
If you have enough thrust to get yourself into space under your own power, then you can tell aerodynamics to fuck off. You don't put wings on your spacecraft, you put more thrusters on it, pointing in different directions, because then you don't need to wait 5ever for your "wings" to "pivot".

Also, TIE fighters aren't propelled by rockets. It's literally in their name: Twin Ion Engine.

Learn some actual fucking physics before bitching about it, you ignorant cocksleeve.
>>
>>50055997
Most starfighters are atmosphere capable. So they need wings for aerodynamics.
>>
>>50056047
Did you not even read the first sentence of that post?
>>
>>50055349
Front heavy isn't all bad. Look at magnum revolvers: very pointable!
>>
>>50056134
>he says, while posting a plane that has wings and 11 visible control surfaces that work purely through aerodynamics.
>>
File: 400px-RugerMkIIISilenced.jpg (17KB, 400x201px) Image search: [Google]
400px-RugerMkIIISilenced.jpg
17KB, 400x201px
If I was in charge of a forge world. I'd "discover" a "long lost" lasgun pattern that looks like this.

Sleek design, relatively compact, probably cheaper to manufacture.
>>
>>50056250
>have to retool all the factories for miniaturized parts and completely redesign the battery pack while also making sure the entire assembly is made out of materials that will properly vent excess heat without frying the user's hand after every shot
>cheaper to manufacture
>>
>>50056250
>spend your entire life trying to figure how to shrink a lasgun into that size
>your successors continue your work
>3 successions later it's ready for testing
>spend next few millennia being tested
>once approved for production, it turns into daemons and gets banned
>>
>>50056191
But light and compact are big bonusses. Considering that you have to constantly march around with it.
>>
>>50056291
Don't forget the part where you have massive orders to fill constantly for the next millenia.
It's easy to say that you'll rework a production line to make this, but it's a lot harder to put that into practice when they need 5 million of the things a month and it takes about that long to retool a single line that can maybe create 100 thousand a month.
>>
>>50052175
Tie Fighters can already maneuver up and down. They use anti-gravity.
>>
>>50056238
>F-4 Phantom can into space under its own power
u dum
>>
File: wingalingadingdong.jpg (924KB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
wingalingadingdong.jpg
924KB, 4288x2848px
>>50056379
no u
And this thing just needs to go straight up and maybe glide for a short while. It doesn't need to make tight turns or dogfight in any way.
>>
>>50049706
It already does.
>>
File: 1436819779608.jpg (117KB, 520x773px) Image search: [Google]
1436819779608.jpg
117KB, 520x773px
>>50049706
Dude you can have a laspistol built in to your cockring if you want the question is why would the mechanicus put up with your deviation from the blessed STC when they can just lobotomise you in to a chrome knob polisher like you deserve.
>>
>>50056291
>>50056283
I doubt I'd have to miniturize anything.
The only thing sized down would be the battery. The exterior is a simple tube that would be trivial to produce.
>>
>>50056510
And what do you think is inside that tube?
Laspistols don't have conventional barrels because they don't fire a projectile. The blocky exterior of a normal lasgun is not a barrel shroud. It's the case for focusing lenses and optical equipment to make a laser that is capable of flash boiling flesh.
Cutting all of that down to a barrel shape without any forward bulk means miniaturizing the entire firing assembly. Using a smaller battery that fits inside the grip means miniaturizing the battery.
>>
>>50049888
>pure energy
IT'S LIGHT! LIGHT AMPLIFIED BY STIMULATED EMISSION OF RADIOATION! NOT "pure energy"!
>>
>>50056539
The blocky exterior is because boxes are easy to produce. The optics are located on the barrel at the end.
>>
>>50056510
>I doubt I'd have to miniturize anything.

Lasguns are not pistols sized. And even the smaller laspistol patterns are quite large.

>The only thing sized down would be the battery

Or, you know, miniaturizing it. Without the loss of power. And then you got all the systems of a laspistol you need to fit inside that much smaller weapon. And it needs to retain its punch and durability.
>>
>>50056671
>The optics are located on the barrel at the end.

Then why do lasguns have such long barrels? Why do sniper lasguns have longer barrels?
>>
>>50050467
They also have weapons just as fuckhuge which a normal person can't even use as intended because they're so amazingly large and heavy
>>
>>50056671
If the optics only existed in the end of the barrel, lasguns in general would be much, much more fragile than they are portrayed and longer versions of the weapon would not be more powerful.
A long las is far stronger than a lasgun, which is in turn stronger than a las pistol, even though all three use the same batteries and the same barrel width.
>>
File: DRDC-1.jpg (34KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DRDC-1.jpg
34KB, 640x360px
>>50056751
>>
>>50056707
Because people who design games tend not to actually know anything about the subject matter.

I mean, a single lasgun battery can supposedly be recharged by throwing it into a fire for an hour or something which is completely ludicrous
>>
>>50056816
Yes, because the lasguns are STC designs, which means they're ridiculously advanced while also being simple and easy to create.

That's why they are deadly lasers that can be created by the millions in factories that are about as technologically advanced as ww2 soviet factories.
>>
>>50056816
>recharged by throwing it into a fire for an hour or something which is completely ludicrous

You do realize that's how, for example, space probes get their energy, right? Thermoelectric generators. There's a nuclear fuel source that produces heat, which is converted directly into electricity without any moving parts.
>>
>>50056779
The extra length is to spread the heat and for additional more refined optics.
If you take a better look at that picture, you'll see the optics can ONLY be in the barrel of that particular design.
>>
>>50056915
>for additional more refined optics
See, if you knew this, why do you act like you don't?
Also, there could easily be optics along the entire length between the battery and the end of the barrel. Nothing in the design says that only the end could have a focusing lens. The only thing special about the end is the forward slanted barrel jacket, which seems to be there as a layer of protection for the functional bits inside it.
>>
>>50056860
How much energy does a lasgun need, though? And how much you can get by throwing it on a campfire?
>>
>>50056329
Yes and no. Every gram counts in one sense, but it's a relative thing. If weight buys you strength, logistical benefits (ammo), hitting power and the like, then why not compromise.
I'm sure there are lighter pistol designs where it's paramount. Modern soldiers carry an M9 where a Bersa .380 would be lighter. Hell, specops like the heavier .45s
>>
>>50056964
Most lasguns seem to operate on a 19 megathule range.

>how much you can get by throwing it on a campfire

Depends on the efficiency, I suppose.
>>
>>50056860
>You do realize that's how, for example, space probes get their energy, right?

You do realize that a regular campfire isn't going to be recharging shit let alone an energy weapon supposedly capable of blowing your arm off?
>>
>>50057198
Maybe it's just like, really fucking good at mass-energy conversion? c^2 is a pretty huge scaling factor.
>>
>>50056954
If it wasn't for that battery those optics would probably also be in a tube like the optics at the end.
If there where no optics in that tube, said tube would be redundant.
>>
>>50057223
>Maybe it's just like, really fucking good at mass-energy conversion?
It can be the best converter the galaxy has ever seen. A campfire just doesn't produce the necessary amount of energy.
>>
>>50056779
>much more fragile

I reckon a riveted box to be much more fragile than a practically seamless tube.
>>
>>50057224
Removing the energy source to make more room for things that require energy doesn't work out so well.
Your car would be so much shorter if it didn't have that engine in the front.
>>
>>50049706
I'm afraid the closest you can get is something that looks a lot like a laspistol from Fallout.

Laser machines like that are pretty fucking big, dude. Even with quantom engineering the parts and things necesarry to focus a beam of light to be that hot is huge. It's handgun sized and shaped, just more square with a (hopefully) ergonomic handle.

Of course, early iterations of the laspistol are hardly seen in 40k. It's just not barebones enough. I mean, there's 3 firing functions on the motherfucker! Why would you make the prototype design with more than 1 firing function? None! No reason, I tell you! So fuck you!
>>
>>50057198
>You do realize that a regular campfire isn't going to be recharging shit

How hot do you think the heat source on TEGs operate at?
>>
>>50050146
the royal british armed forces as well as the french, and american colonial army would like a word with you.
>>
>>50050168
do you know where you are?

of course it is stupid as fuck, that's what this board does.
>>
>>50057288
Lighter, too.

Think of how fast your car could go without its engine.
>>
>>50057288
and yet there are cars that do pretty much exactly that.
Not every car needs a V8 engine.
Not every gun needs 150 shots/reload.

I'm sure that if you're a security officer, an undercover agent, a private citizen looking to protect himself or some other person that probably won't be in a situation where you face wave after wave of countless enemies, you'd go for a weapon that's easier to concealed carry rather than a battlefield weapon.
>>
>>50057416
>Security officer
Your second role is line infantry.
>Undercover agent
You are probably undercover as line infantry
>private citizen
Doesn't exist, you're just line infantry waiting to happen
>Probably won't be in a situation where you face wave after wave of countless enemies
Anyone in the Imperium who has reason to be armed probably will be in such a situation.

In the grim darkness of the 41st millenium, there is only war. Every planet is on a war footing and has been for thousands upon thousands of years. If you're allowed to own your own weapons, they're probably milsurp.
>>
>>50057552
I lolled.
>>
>>50057552
>Your second role is line infantry.
you'll equip yourself differently depending on the task at hand.
>You are probably undercover as line infantry
even so you're probably going to have to conceal weapons
>you're just line infantry waiting to happen
You'll get issued an infantry weapon when it happens.
>Anyone in the Imperium who has reason to be armed probably will be in such a situation
there are billions of planets where such a situation hasn't happened for millennia.
>>
>>50052219
any technology that is suitably advanced, is indistinguishable from magic.

>hurr durr, it's super tech.
>>
>>50056238
yes, but that plane doesn't have escape velocity thrust that works without atmo, or an anti gravity flight system( called repulsors in SW), or any of the other super tech like inertial dampers that make SW ships work.
>>
>>50056588
my physics text books just burst into flames.
>>
>>50057284
the fragile part is inside. you know the precisely aligned optical array that needs to be insulated from jarring impacts and such. the exterior only needs to be strong enough to hold the internals together and keep them safe.

its like you have never actually built anything more complex than a dry bologna sandwich
>>
File: lasergunsoviet001-5[1].jpg (29KB, 590x454px) Image search: [Google]
lasergunsoviet001-5[1].jpg
29KB, 590x454px
>>50049856
RL soviet laspistol for cosmonauts with cartridges.
happy?
>>
>>50051392
And yet those who have the option to more freely select a gun, prefer going back to old classics like the 1911
>>
>>50058475
How I love uninformed and unverifiable broad generalizations.
Welcome to /tg/; some of us aren't strangers to /k/.
Now git out.
>>
>>50058298
Since those optics arrays need to be aligned perfectly, it's better not to give them too much space to potentially move around in.

>the exterior only needs to be strong enough to hold the internals together and keep them safe.
a function for which a tube is petter suited than a riveted box. the box is more likely to collapse under pressure than the tube.
>>
>>50056422
Right, because a Space Shuttle can fly into space under its own power.

They definitely don't need to strap it to a big fuckoff sized rocket
>>
>>50051197
That's just a Gast principle rifle.
>>
>>50058304
wait, what? russians managed to make an actual laser gun?
>>
>>50059966
in so far as it is something shaped like a gun that fires a laser

its basically a laser pointer. But shitter.
>>
>>50060060
the ideal IG weapon!
>>
>>50059966
Its flash bang projector against satellite cameras.
>>
>>50056494

Because Jokaro
>>
>>50052195
I don't think many lasgun patterns are fully automatic
>>
File: 40k.png (119KB, 974x360px) Image search: [Google]
40k.png
119KB, 974x360px
>>50049706
>>50049740

In other words, 40k is not realistic friend.
>>
>>50063349
I'm sure the Cadian and Catachan ones have that option. Krieg and Elysian ones are said to be single shot only.
>>
>>50055879
Then it defeats the point of trying to make them more realistic, eh?
>>
can we make laspistols look like the colt navy? that would make it look like something that existed and real life, while still being cool
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.