[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 44

File: 1471438358334.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471438358334.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>50011582
>Spooky Scary Skeletons.sim
>Dangers and Treachery: Halloweeners.trid
>Dancing Vampire.ARO
>LiveLeak: Dubai SK HQ being TP'd by Hestaby.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 666 (89% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, there's a Halloween party at Macy's. You coming?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running "Trick or Treat".BTL...

>Throw straight
>Conserve rolls
>And never, ever go dressed as a zombie near a ghoul nest

SPOOPY EDITION
>>
This theme really works well with the /srg/ intro.
>>
File: 1474468867495.jpg (863KB, 1500x910px) Image search: [Google]
1474468867495.jpg
863KB, 1500x910px
>Mr Johnson hires you to steal a prototype in a AA corp lab.
>He provides extensive equipment, some pass-codes for the outside security, and a detailed plan of the building, highlighting an escape route through the sewers.
>The run goes smoothly, all intel checks out
>Security is aggressive but not to the point of damaging the building, they mostly use stun weapons and gas.
>When you drop down in the sewers, security stops chasing you
>The hatch seals shut behind you
>As you hear a snarl down the tunnels, you notice sensors and security equipment that's not on the plans.
>Actually the plans don't look like anything that's down there.
>You stumble upon the gnawed bones of metahumans, and realize that the sewers have been converted into a containment area for some sort of paracritter
>Mr Johnson actually works for the AA corps, they know that the sewers makes an ideal escape route for runners. They decided to plug the leak, and use the opportunity to test their latest combat critters.

Have you ever done a spooky run?
>>
Do you chummers remember if 5e had the Quality that let Mundanes astrally perceive ?
>>
>>50041257
It doesn't.
>>
>>50041387
And sadly, I can't get the custom_qualities.xml file to grant my character the Assensing skill.
>>
>>50041436
Probably because you shouldn't.
That's awakend territory. Unless you throw arround essence free ware (in that case, wrong game) you shouldn't do stuff like that.
>>
>>50041436
If you really want to be able to perceive astrally, you HAVE to be some kind of magical active. Minimum would be Adept with 1 Magic and the Astral Perception Power. You should not be able to go lower. From a mechanical standpoint, if you don't have an attribute or have it at 0, you can't learn or use skills linked to it. If you choose Priority E for Magic, that was your choice, no magic stuff for you. When burned out characters can't rise from Magic 0 to 1 again, neither should anyone else post chargen.
>>
>>50041436
Good.
>>
>>50041436
how about Telestrian Shamus drone?
>>
>>50042790
>because you can be a drooling idiot who wouldn't notice a troll if he wore bright clothes and wore a sign "I AM A TROLL"
>But who can notice EVERYTHING on the astral with just a passing glance because he can manipulate magic really well

How the fuck would you manage that? Your Intuition can't get to 0 barring effects that usually kill you if that happens, iirc.
>>
>>50042881
yeah fucked up there
thought they changed it to MAG for some reason
sorry chummers
>>
>>50039992
>>50039992
>* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>4th Edition
>Assorted Cheat-sheets and reference guides: http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/91421583/file.html

I was unable to get to get this download to work, even when clicking the correct button, it would lose connection to the server.

Is anyone else having this problem?
>>
>>50043229
works fine for me
Scriptblocker?
>>
>>50043247

I don't have one on this machine yet.
maybe it's my connection.
>>
>have to go back to my shadowrun game this Sunday
>simple snatch and grab with optional negotiation
>know that my team is going to do everything the hardest way possible and create a ton of problems for us with Aztech
>but not before we waste 4 hours planning an attack that we wont use
>>
>>50042912
Ah, fair.
>>
What's the best way to deal with Drain if you need to cast spells at a high Force?
>>
>>50044615

What edition?
>>
>>50044615
high WIL and your other Attribute
High BOD to increase your Physical CM
for direct Combat Spells "Witness My Hate"
>>
>>50041659
>If you really want to be able to perceive astrally, you HAVE to be some kind of magical active.
You could be a pixie, iirc.
You could, but you shouldn't.
>>
>Player has 1 edge
>They burn it to survive a gunfight.
>Then immediately spend 5 karma to get it back to 1.
>They state there's no rule saying edge can't go to 0 so he can just keep 5 karma ready to burn on a moment's notice
Even if the minimum was 1 and he had to spend 10 to get out of jail free, I can't help but feel this is a but cheaty. He's spending limited karma that could upgrade other things, sure, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Should I try to rule against this little exploit out roll with it since he's willing to pay? What is the edge minimum, anyway?
>>
>>50044682
>What edition
SR5.

>>50044690
In this case, Fire Aura.
>>
File: critsquad.png (122KB, 1140x550px) Image search: [Google]
critsquad.png
122KB, 1140x550px
Last time, I promise.

Alright, I've got some shameless self promotion here. My friends and I have started a Shadowrun actual play podcast called Crit Squad, based heavily on the animated Suicide Squad movie, not the Jared Leto one. Why listen to this one? Because we sound designed the fuck out of it. It sounds like a radio play with some dice rolls. And since I know a lot of you don't get the chance to play, it might scratch that itch, at least a little. And it's not a bunch of neckbeards talking on skype, it's actually rather RP heavy. With real live actors! You can find episodes on whatever you use to listen to podcasts, or at http://www.shortwaverad.io/Critsquad/

Episodes are released every other Thursday, since we're busy and don't get to play a whole lot. And it takes a while to add everything in, sound-wise. If you dig it, a review on itunes does wonders on our end, and it only has to be three words long.

End of ad. Commence return to /srg/
>>
>>50044910
If he wants to keep using his extra life instead of learning new skills, having more than 1 edge, or improving anything else about his character with the karma, I say let him.
>>
>>50044943
kys
>>
I've brought this up before on some earlier threads, but given this thread's intro it seems fitting to mention it again.

For my group's new shadowrun campaign, we've decided to all play as vampires. So far we've got the face who runs a Halloween costume shop, the rigger who owns an ice cream truck to lure in victims, the MysAd with amnesia (at some level don't we all wish we were Dervish?), and another character that hasn't been worked out yet.

Any thoughts on how to have this work without being really edgelord and retarded?
>>
How would you justify or play around having more than one decker in your party?
>>
>>50045151
excepting the obvious solutions of killing myself, not being retarded, or just playing Vampire like a normal person
>>
>>50045153
Make one a technomancer with some points leadership and a gaggle of sprites and you can wipe the floor with any Matrix problems
>>
>>50044942
Use reagents to set the limit so as to not exceed your Magic. That way it's all stun.
>>
>>50044615
>What's the best way to deal with Drain if you need to cast spells at a high Force?
>SR5.

I don't know. Sorry.
>>
Gonna be a lot of focus on getting food and not getting caught, and a lot less on running I think. I get the feeling it'll end up like What We Do in the Shadows
>>
File: Getting_Up.jpg (460KB, 640x917px) Image search: [Google]
Getting_Up.jpg
460KB, 640x917px
How does the graffiti culture develop in the sixth world? I want to introduce a character whose background is closely related to graffiti and I was kinda envisioning it as a regression to the close-knit 70-80s graffiti culture, but I'd love to see some official material that adresses it

Closest reference to graffiti culture in a somewhat cyberpunk environment is pic related - corporations and government and artists running low and hitting hard to make a statement
>>
>>50046309
corporations and government cleaning the streets*
>>
>>50046309
It wouldn't be very 'punk' without malcontents doing grafitti for profit, fun, or recreation, would it chummer?
>>
>>50046383
Yeah I mean I know it's prevalent and all, at least I know it's THERE, I'd just like to take a deeper look at the things surrounding it
>>
>>50046407
I don't think there's any official material on graffiti artists. But I think that the idea of a return to the 80's culture is pretty rad, and would fit the setting.
>>
>>50046309

apparently AR (augmented reality) art and symbols anchored with FRID tags are a part of graffiti now. Create something, link it to and RFID tad and stick it somewhere by itself or in conjunction with a meatspace art component.
>>
my friends and i are planning on learning shadowrun soon.
what are the strengths and weaknesses of the different editions and which does /srg/ recommend we start with?
>>
>>50046856

3rd edition and earlier are only recommended for new people if you care more about retro feel in setting and tropes.

4th and 5th edition are more accessible and have more up to date tools created to help you get though chargen.

Such as Chummer 4e and Chummer5 which are both linked in the pastebin in the OP post for this thread.
>>
>>50046990
thanks, what does chummer mean?
>>
>>50047180
Chummer both refers to a character building program, and is a friendly way of adressing people.
>>
>>50047208
okay, thanks for the help.
>>
>>50044910
I mean, Burn Edge to Not Die is explicitly a function of Edge so it's not really an exploit.

I wouldn't let him spend Karma in the middle of a session to get it back though, I'd make him wait until downtime.
>>
What are the best "multicultural pot" settings? Good places to lay low with enough side interests that would bring a shitload of people from all over the world without it looking weird or hamfisted

Hong Kong is already on my list, but I'm not too fond of it.
>>
File: Dread.jpg (110KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dread.jpg
110KB, 750x1000px
>>50040324
We did a game of Dread with our characters as a Halloween special, going out into the woods to break up a bunch of squatters. Turns out it was a wendigo and his servitors, everyone died or became mindslaves but the rigger, who did some amazing pulls and napalmed half of Salish-Sidhe.

Non-canon but a lot of fun. We will have to talk with the adept about how willing he was to start eating the rest of us and give tips to the GM on how he could run the party to ground, though.
>>
File: Van Helsing Crossbow.jpg (96KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Van Helsing Crossbow.jpg
96KB, 600x450px
>>50045151
>>50045165
Ordo Maximus enforcers/agents, but that is probably full edgelord. Honestly, just embrace being the kind of faggot who likes describing in gory detail every feeding session, or hangs out behind the school smoking clove cigarettes and talking about Darkness.

Alternatively, you could be regular runners, but hooked into a secret Infected Matrix host (group contact). Monsters get together, swap tips on keeping a low profile, have a daily thread tracking De Vries, identify good spots for feeding binges, etc. You sometimes get work through that to kill wannabe Van Helsings, help Tamanous meet quotas, etc.
>>
>>50047907
Seattle.
>>
>>50047907
>>50048113
If Seattle is a little too cliche for you, maybe think about Istanbul. (Renamed back to Constantinople after breaking from Turkey)
>>
>>50045151
Street Samurai halloweener who really doesn't want the gang to realize his plastic vampire fangs are more then just him really getting into character.
>>
File: Dracula.jpg (791KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula.jpg
791KB, 1200x1600px
>>50048410
He goes full cheesy dracula, bad accent, red silk-lined cape and everything, with plastic caps on his real fangs, just to trick them. That's pretty good.
>>
Kind of a new GM here - one of my players wants to play a more pacifist type character that can still defend himself but keep away from lethal means, what kinda weapon should I give him? A taser might work, but I'm guessing there are better crowd control alternatives.

He doesn't rely on magic either.
>>
File: Stunbolt.webm (3MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Stunbolt.webm
3MB, 1000x1000px
>>50048962
Is he taking Pacifist, at either level?

For general non-lethal, Pepper Punch grenades and gel rounds in your preferred regular firearm. Tasers are more flavourful, but kinda shit unless you spend a lot of time walking through MAD sensors and need a totally legal weapon on you at all times.
>>
>>50048962

You can always as the gm home brew some super tasers of your own if you want.
>>
Hey, what's this Shadowrun: Anarchy thing I keep hearing about?

Is it really a rules lite Shadowrun? Is it everything I've ever wanted? Dare I dream that it's metaplot agnostic?
>>
>>50040324
3/10, would never trust anything the Johnson came up with. Also MCT/MCT, that sounds like one of their Johnsons.
>>
>>50049286
No, no, and no. It's a shitty attempt at a rules-light system that ends up being too long and unclear. Now if you're a shill, fuck off.
>>
>>50044761
as far as I know a pixie can never be munade apart from being burnt out (for those str 5 cyberarms so you can handle the recoild from your heavy weapons, you know the drill), in which case one would use the ability to perceive the astral world. If you started with a dual natured character and take priority E magic (atm I don't even know if you are allowed to do that, I see no reason why you should be able to do that) then you must expect the get whacked from a DM that values the balance in any way. With a pixie I can live, those things are tiny, sought after bodily weak target practice for skeet shooting pros in every corpsec worth a dime, but shit like this... nah man, go away.
>>
>>50045151
I once played as vampire, who tried to live as normal life as possible. He had day job at magic boutique where he assisted his mentor at running it who also happened to be vampire.

He started running to provide funds to the boutique and to help Puyallups small, but friendly vampire population in living.
>>
>>50047907

Nairobi. As the planet's primary spaceport with the Kilimanjaro mass driver, there's all sorts of people there.
>>
File: incoherent rage.png (669KB, 1275x720px) Image search: [Google]
incoherent rage.png
669KB, 1275x720px
>>50049286

I refuse to accept your hollywoodized picture of Glory, she's supposed to look pale and like she's been up all night high/ sobbing you PHILISTINE!

CAN'T YOU FIND BEAUTY IN THOSE IN THE SIXTH WORLD WHO SUFFER, ANON!?
>>
>>50046856
If you're doing it over the internet, Roll20 also has a pre-made character sheet for 5th edition with handy click-to-roll features, but not for 4th.
>>
File: 1436966865785.jpg (149KB, 1024x697px) Image search: [Google]
1436966865785.jpg
149KB, 1024x697px
>>50049340
Fuck you gimme a PDF. Shadowrun is already too long and unclear.

>>50049776
I only have two pictures of Glory and this one's art style is potatoey.
>>
>>50049837
Find it yourself, Shitler.

Not that hard to go back through previous threads.
>>
>>50049837

You need higher quality Glory pics then, my friend.

>>50049340

>believing shills come on 4chan
ignore this tinfoil-hat-wearing moron.

It does pay to just try to find it yourself though, anon. And it's not that bad. Not rules-lite enough for my liking but leagues more streamlined than 5e.

Personally, I like the crunch
>>
>>50049580

I've long wanted to have an NPC appear that's a vampire night shift cashier at the local gas station. It's a nice shift for him and helps keep the gangers from trying to rob the place.
>>
>>50050013
Share them.

Also, I already googled for it and didn't find anything, except some Reddit threads and others of people jerking off "OMG more Shadaran", and pdfs of an old Horizon centered supplement called Anarchy Subsidized.
>>
>>50050070
Actually, I did try 4plebs and apparently this thread shows up on Google, and so do a bunch of 7chan threads begging for it, but the old posts where it got shared here didn't.
>>
>>50050070

don't use google for searching old /tg/ threads.
Use this.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/
>>
In case anyone else wants it

https://a.pomf.cat/inwoxy.pdf

>>50050256
I know, I already did >>50050105
I tend to forget the archive exists, to be honest. Even though there are like three of them.
>>
>>50050311
Whoever's in charge, throw this into the mediafire and mega, so we don't have to clog up another thread with "Hey guys, where can I find Anarchy??", we can just tell them to look in the pastebin
>>
File: 1475674076549.jpg (402KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1475674076549.jpg
402KB, 1280x1280px
>>50046990
Do you have any opinions on 4e over 5e?
I have 4e Anniversary edition, and played a lovely campaign of it some years ago. I'd like to run a new game for some friends, but I remember finding the system a little clunky when it came to things like hacking and the more esoteric bits of magic.
Is 5e an improvement in this or any other regard?
>>
>>50050338
>mediafire
>mega

disgusting.
>>
File: High Tiger is high reaction.png (2MB, 894x961px) Image search: [Google]
High Tiger is high reaction.png
2MB, 894x961px
>>50044943
I wish you guys has markers on the play timeslines of your episodes for when various tages of the session start. that way I could skip though pregame banter, then come back to it after listening to the session proper.

Because into banner always kills PnP RPG lets play recordings for me but it can be fun to listen to after listening to the session.
>>
File: dragonfallWall1920x1200.jpg (753KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dragonfallWall1920x1200.jpg
753KB, 1920x1200px
I never finished Dragonfall and I haven't played it in months, so I'm going to start over. What should my character be?

Last time I made a Rigger with a lot of melee. The same thing I made in Dead Man's Switch, which got me through that game fine, but didn't work as well in Dragonfall. I wanted to essentially be a Ranger. Sending my drone out and then swordfighting. But that took a lot of drugs to up my actions.

I'm thinking of being an Adept with a bit of 'ware, because I must have a robot arm if I'm playing Cyberpunk.

Also, it's a shame, too. I think I was right around when The Kreuzbasser gets attacked
>>
>>50050821
I'll talk to our sound guy and see if that's possible
>>
>>50050870

If you want to skip the drugs, you can use AP boosting cybernetics. Still costly though
>>
File: Finger.gif (1MB, 540x477px) Image search: [Google]
Finger.gif
1MB, 540x477px
>>50050338
It is there, you're all just huge faggots.
>>
What spirits would you guys use if you wanted to do a Secular Humanism tradition (is there one hidden in some obscure book?)

5th edition. Man, guardian, task, and guidance seem like the natural picks as the most human spirits, but that's only four. Maybe beast or plant for the last one to stand for man's domination of nature? Not sure which spell category should go with each one either.
>>
File: 1463960645619.jpg (309KB, 1100x1504px) Image search: [Google]
1463960645619.jpg
309KB, 1100x1504px
>>50050395
Hacking is imo better in 5e (more streamlined, though some people keep picking at choices that were obviously made for rules benefit and aren't totally coherent in the fiction), and it actually makes a dedicated decker a viable archetype again, instead of someone to laugh at while everyone and their mother uses agents. Limits stop lots of the cheese.

On the other hand, the books have some fucking awful editing. They're slowly fixing things now, but it's still not good in that regard. Play with lots of reference stuff like the Superbook.
>>
Hi /srg/

With a new copy of the street grimore on my desk i started to wonder while reading the new rituals.

So Adepts can attune an animal to them, and even give them their? powers.

Now the thing with the animal qi-foci is a bit unclear to me, do i need to have the power in question for the foci, or can create a power completely unrelated to my adept ?

Also, what are good powers to give to a feathered/furry friend ? most things i could think of were stuff like, make the dog bite a little harder or make the horse a bit more resistant to damage. But what came also to my mind was the elemental body power. Usually EB is deemed to tiring to use because of its high drain. But having the option to share that power with other animals opens a few options in my eyes.

>Canaries sweeping down on corpsec, while they are made of living flame and setting the sec aflame.

What are other possibilities?
>>
How did street samurais came to be? At what point did they say "hey let's bring back this ancient code of honor" and reinstated it in the western world?

And most importantly, why the fuck are they "samurai" and not "ronin"?
>>
>>50050870
>Me again
I wish I knew what the abilities actually did. So many things say "you get some ability" without actually saying what that ability does.
>>
Are there laser weapons in shadowrun? Are they good? Are they actually obtainable or are they just "one in a lifetime steal from an ARES run where you almost die" kinda shit
>>
>>50041257
>>50041387
That 4e quality doesn't let mundanes astrally perceive either. It grants you a Magic score of 1 which can only be used for astral perception (and which gets reduced as normal by having 'ware).

The equivalent in 5e would be a Magic 1 Adept who spends his entire 1 PP on the Astral Perception power. It's literally the exact same thing.

You're welcome.
>>
>>50053363
>Are there laser weapons in shadowrun?
Yes
>Are they good?
Not in the slightest
>Are they actually obtainable
Yes but you don't want to
>>
>>50053363
Yes, made by Ares
>Are they good?
They would be okay if they used the standard skills to fire, but they require an Exotic Ranged Weapon skill
>Are they actually obtainable?
Yes, look at Run & Gun (and there's one in Hard Targets as well)
>>
>>50044615
>What's the best way to deal with Drain if you need to cast spells at a high Force?
Platelet Factories and a Pain Editor. The ability to remove 1 point of damage every time you take 2+ Physical Drain, and the ability to ignore all wound penalties short of full-on death, are the main effects worth losing 1 point of Essence for, as a mage.
>>
>>50047907
New York for North America.

London for Europe.

Johannesburg for Africa.

New York has more languages spoken than any other city in the world, and the cultural and ethnic diversity to go with it, in a fundamentally immigrant city; some of its immigrant communities are even more true to their culture than their former homelands - and there's more Maltese people in New York now than there are on Malta. London is a melting pot of every culture originally colonized by an empire/commonwealth that stretched across the literally entire world, and as the financial center of most of the world with easy access to mainland Europe is ripe as fuck for shadowruns. Joburg would be diverse looking at African tribes/ethnicities alone, but when you consider the white descendents of a half dozen European colonial powers, economic immigrants from all over the Indian ocean, and the corporate interests that have seen people transplanted from all over the world, it's among the most diverse places on Earth.

And then there's Metropole in South America, Hong Kong in Asia, and fuckall in Australia because Australia hates immigrants almost as much as it hates its natives.
>>
For real, though, can someone give me the skinny on Anarchy so I know if I should bother reading it?

I'm mainly hoping it's a more stripped down Shadowrun that I could use for games without the metaplot setting baggage. Is the caster supremacy and anti-aug attitude still there? Did they use an existing third party system and then shove Essence into it?
I wonder how well Shadowrun would do in Powered by the Apocalypse...

>>50053625
What about optics?
>>
>>50050395
5e has some bad editing, but the rules are just flatly better than 4e's, as far as gameplay and balance is concerned. The one thing keeping people from making the switch to 5e for a long time was the lack of content compared to 4e, but with the release of things like Chrome Flesh and even Rigger 5.0 5e's more or less at equity, and about to overtake 4e in that regard.
>>
>>50053363
Yep.

>Are they good?
Only the absurdly-heaviest one, and even then only when mounted on a drone/vehicle so that it has a wired power supply. The absurdly-heaviest one, though, is pretty close to being the best weapon in the game at disabling vehicles and punching through cover, though.

>Are they actually obtainable or are they just "one in a lifetime steal from an ARES run where you almost die" kinda shit
You can get them at chargen with a Quality, post-chargen if your Face makes a really good roll, or post-chargen if you're willing to drop 100k on picking one up to benefit from the availability rules.
>>
>>50053768
>What about optics?
Also good with whatever fractional essence you have left, but for a character archetype that takes a trickle of Stun damage just through normal, non-combat use of their archetype, there's no better 'ware than a Pain Editor and Platelet Factories.

At Standard Grade and with no Biocompatibility, you can get a Pain Editor, Platelet Factories, and still have .5 Essence to fuck around with, though, so it's not like you even have to make a choice between one or the other.
>>
I'm about to start playing Hong Kong. Is it like Dragonfall where there are NPCs who can hack? Or is there a specific class I should be?
>>
>>50053860
>>50053625
>>50053768
And if you're willing to go down to Essence 4 on a mage (I wouldn't be, unless I took Exceptional Attribute Magic, but whatevs) you could get Platelet Factories, a Pain Editor, maximum-rating Cybereyes, and a single tricked-out Cyberarm for exactly 2 Essence at Standard Grade.

A single tricked out cyberarm is a lot better for mages than people would think at first, too. The +1 Physical box is really helpful, getting +3 Armor is absolutely fantastic, and having 9 Strength and 9 Agility where it counts really can't be overestimated, especially if you pick up a good weapon focus (or have a good weapon focus implanted as a cyberweapon).
>>
>>50053887
Is0bel is a decker, so you're good with her, but she's pretty mediocre as a decker - you'd be better off making your own decker

Only thing missing from the main crew is a mage, as Gobbet only has utility shaman spells and spirits

There are hireable deckers tho iirc

You can go as whatever, there's a lot of options anyways
>>
>>50053887
Is0bel can hack. Most people find her an obnoxious and unpleasant party member, but I just brought her on every mission as the hacker and was done with it. It's fine.

As for class-picking? Like all singleplayer RPGs you get a lot more mileage out of Charisma than most because you're the party spokesperson. Aside from that, cyberweapons are really fucking good in Hong Kong - in particular the implanted monowhip, which is basically the iconic weapon of that game. Invest in Body enough to get it and you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>50053887
>where there are NPCs who can hack
yes
>>
>>50053940
>>50053939
Oi, oi, if people are answering Hong Kong questions, what about my Dragonfall questions from earlier?
I'm currently going with Decker primary, and lots of Charisma. I'm not sure whether I want melee or ranged, though. I'm fond of being the front line melee person in RPGs, but I hear guns are best, particularly SMGs. But can I get away with being a Street Samurai who hacks? And will I really need to go all-in on the hacking? I don't really remember much hacking stuff coming up last time I played.
>>
>>50053743
>London for Europe.
I'm thinking of running a game in the UK and probably spend half the time in London, but how's Manchester? Looks fine to me to make it into the shadowrun universe but considering there's a shitton of areas that became nuclear wastelands or zombie hotspots you never know ayy

New York sounds pretty good though
>>
>>50053987
Melee is terrible in Dragonfall. Either go Pistols (comboing a taser with a real gun) or get yourself an assault rifle.
>>
>>50054000
Blargh, I wish I could respec.
What's the use of a taser? Being pacifist doesn't seem like a valid option in this game.
>>
>>50053987
Dragonfall is basically tailored for you to make a decker or bring Blitz along at all times
>>
>>50053990
The British Isles outside of London are barely described, but yes, New York is fantastic - and, when you consider its greater metro area, it has more population than most of 'middle america' combined.
>>
>>50054015
I must not have noticed because I had no decking and Blitz is bland garbage as a human being.
>>
>>50054013
>What's the use of a taser? Being pacifist doesn't seem like a valid option in this game.
Using a Taser flushes someone out of cover and lets you stun-lock them be dealing AP damage. If the idea of keeping an enemy locked at 0 AP and out of cover while your party members (and yourself, with your real gun) fucking unload onto them sounds fantastic, that's what a taser is for.
>>
>>50054033
>talking shit about the man Blitz

i'll fucking fight you
>>
>>50054050
>i'll fucking fight you
Of course you will, Blitz always has someone else fight his battles.
>>
>>50054059
Does Doc Wagon handle burns? I hope it does for the sake of >>50054050
>>
>>50039992
making my first character in shadowrun 5e, its a bit confusing but im getting the hang of it slowly. Are there any extended rulebooks for magic variety? I will play a game that goes fluff over minmaxing and want to make a detective/mage focused on preparations, enchanting various objects to later be usefull in combat and other situations.
>>
>>50054142
>Are there any extended rulebooks for magic variety?
Street Grimoire.

>preparations, enchanting
You're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>50054151
damn, almost expected that.
As the next option, is there a viable way to play a caster/shooter hybrid except just running adept for more physical abilities?
>>
>>50054186
>As the next option, is there a viable way to play a caster/shooter hybrid except just running adept for more physical abilities?
They don't synergize, if that's what you're asking.

Doubly so if you think you're going to do something with magic bullets.
>>
>>50054191
aww damn, guess I'm in the wrong system for my rule of cool needs. Magic Bullets was exactly what I was dreaming of.
>>
>>50054186
You can either play a self-buffing-focused combat mage, or just play an adept. I don't really see what the difference is at that point, aside from the former being way more expensive.
>>
>>50054231
If you want bullets with special, exotic payloads, that's already covered by the ammunition system. Capsule rounds with exotic toxins and drugs, grenade launchers for flashbangs and punching huge holes in things, and so forth.

You can do some stupid shit with a sniper rifle, an underbarrel grenade launcher, and some exotic ammunition types.
>>
>>50052645
I looked right before making that post and the only ones in there were the prototype pdf and a "Narrative Focused Setting" thing which is way too small to be the final release.
>>
>>50054233
>>50054252
thanks for the quick replies,
I usualy dm a more serious game of vtm, but I was looking for something where I can let my inner child loose. If my group agrees on shadowrun, I'll probably go with a self-buffing mage because I like the style of it more than the adept.
>>
>>50054023
Well, I'm leaning more towards New York now - any recommendations in where to place a safehouse or the general movement of the crew? Any neighborhoods in particular? I kinda know some things here and there because there's a shitload of movies and series, but I'm a foreigner
>>
>>50053743
>Johannesburg for Africa.
That's not how you spell Lagos, omae.
>>
>>50054343
I'm currently GMing a game set in New York, and the problem I've encountered very early is that Manhattan is the only place that's well described in the cannon, and it's basically a fortress. Prime runners can have a field day in it, playing full black trenchcoat, but it's quite unforgiving for starting runners.

My workaround was to fluff the other boroughs as well: Brooklyn is a melting pot of sorts, with a gentrified north and a Barrens-like south, Queens is more industrial, with a heavy presence of SK and MCT thanks to the nearby airport, and the Bronx is a hybrid of housing blocks and arcologies. Staten Island is where the rich higher-ups have their villas.

Brooklyn is a nice starting point, the area is historically diverse and where immigrants settled first. It's linked to Manhattan, to the Bay, and can provide a variety of scenarios.

As for movement of the team, I seem to understand that in Manhattan private vehicles are especially rare, and that taxis handle most of the movement. Also remember that the whole city was destroyed by an earthquake and rebuilt on top of the ruins, so things like the former metro tunnels or even collapsed buildings could help you move undetected bellow the surface. My group is currently on a run where they have to move a large crate that may or may not contain a metahuman body through those tunnels for the Yakuza.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt though, I am also a foreigner and have only been to New York once
>>
>>50047907
Toronto might be an interesting non-Seattle/New York place.
>>
>KARMA
>In the Sixth World, what goes around comes around. Karma is a measure of the experience and resources your character has accumulated, for good or for otherwise, and it it is used for improving your character. Character Advancement rules are not provided in this preview but will be available in the full version of Shadowrun: Anarchy. A space is provided on the character sheet to keep track of how much Karma your character has earned.

Goddamnit, this is the Anarchy preview. Is the full book even out?
>>
File: 110094-004-0E37302D.gif (30KB, 475x434px) Image search: [Google]
110094-004-0E37302D.gif
30KB, 475x434px
>>50054343
Manhattan is the New York most foreigners are familiar with. The southern end is full of dockyards and former ethnic neighborhoods that are now mostly full of gays, students, hipsters, and gay hipsters. Midtown is where places like Central Park, Time Square, and most of the skyscrapers there - you mostly see rich people, businesses, and various high-scale industries operating downtown. Even in the modern, present day, stock trading companies fork out billions of dollars to rent out entire floors of skyscrapers close to Wall Street, in order to get fractional-second trading time advantages for their stock-trading AI supercomputers. In the north, towards the Bronx, you start getting into neighborhoods like Harlem, where most movies starring black people in the 80s were set; Harlem is also where Sesame Street is set.

In the early 21st century, Manhattan got leveled by earthquakes, rebuilt by the corps, and is now the most corporately-surveilled place on Earth, under a perpetual security lockdown.

Most of the action instead should take place in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and the Bronx - plus out into Long Island (Nassau County), New Jersey, and even up into Connecticut (the New York metro area extends into four different states).

The northern half of Queens is mostly residental, full of brownstones and apartment buildings, with the southern part, down by the water, being full of warehouses, docks, and an international airport. Queens is the most ethnically and culturally diverse place in the world - it even has an officially-named Jamaica Queens as a neighborhood. Astoria, in the Sixth World, is notable for being home to a simsense industry as big as Hollywood. It averages towards Middle, but swings in both directions depending on the neighborhood.

Brooklyn is also residential towards the west, going industrial towards the docks in the east, but tends to be slightly lower economically than Queens.
>>
>>50053157
The flashpoint was back in the pre-2050's world. I can't remember the details, but basically a bunch of people rioted and came to kill this corp executive, and his bodyguard grabbed a ceremonial sword off the wall and defended his boss to the death, buying time for the suit to get away. This, combined with general Japanese nationalism/Japanophilia led to the return of Bushido as an ethos, especially for the growing private armies of corps.

Street samurai took that same Bushido code and applied it to their own lives on the street, giving them rules of conduct to prevent them from becoming moralless monsters and directionless cyberpsychos. They're not called ronin because Street Samurai sounds cooler.
>>
>>50054504
>>50054343
>>50054466
Anyway, there's actually plenty of information about Shadowrun's New York's Boroughs starting here online with the Bronx:
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/New_York_City#The_Bronx

But I'm a New Yorker in real life, so I can answer a lot of questions about contemporary and historical New York if you have them, to add depth and context for shit you read.
>>
File: Shadowrun Goes As Expected.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun Goes As Expected.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>50053768
>I wonder how well Shadowrun would do in Powered by the Apocalypse...

There is a hack out there. It's not great. The Sprawl is probably the best bet for a cyberpunk PbtA, add playbooks for Mage and Adept and you're there.

We're not going to spoonfeed you faggot, you've already been told where the game is and what we think, read it yourself
>>
>>50054519
>the Bronx Zoo has a World of Darkness exhibit
Top kek, I'm going to make a vampire zookeeper now.
>>
>>50054481
Actually I think Toronto has semi-officially usurped New York as the most diverse city in the world. That said, I don't think it has any mention besides cursory in the SR fluff. You're probably better off with one of the more fleshed out cities.
>>
>>50054546
I have the game. Although it turns out I got the preview PDF where, among other things, there's no explanation of how karma works.
And no one told me what they think about it, except one guy who called me a shill.

>>50054559
>>the Bronx Zoo has a World of Darkness exhibit
That sounds like the lamest example of shots fired I've ever seen.
>>
>>50054343
The important thing to remember is that every Borough is basically its own city knitted together with the others because they grew large enough that they fused into one larger sprawl (and Jersey would have done the same if it was within New York State limits). Every single one of them can be lived in without ever leaving its boundaries - including formal education and job prospects for whatever your degree is.

They have GDPs individually larger than most nations on Earth, and larger populations than many entire US states.

New York City, by itself, in the modern day, has a GDP of 1.55 trillion USD, has almost 24 million people in its greater metro area (not counting tourists, commuters, and other people who aren't permanent residents), and has individual ethnic neighborhoods bigger than the majority of European cities (because most European cities are small, to be fair).

For comparison, Denmark has only 5.6 million people and a GDP of less than 350 billion GDP, and Sweden only has 9.6 million people and less than 600 billion in GDP.
>>
>>50054519
>>50054661
>If it were still a separate Metroplex, Brooklyn would be the fourth largest in the UCAS
So, by itself, Brooklyn would be right after Seattle in size. It would go New York (even without Brooklyn) > Chicago > Seattle > Brooklyn.

Because remember, Los Angeles isn't in the UCAS anymore, and Toronto a shit.

>Toronto was voted "cleanest and safest city in the UCAS" in 2051-52.
A shit, I say.
>>
File: 1460725557227.jpg (79KB, 658x930px) Image search: [Google]
1460725557227.jpg
79KB, 658x930px
>>50054631
>no one told me what they think about it

Aside from all those people who directed you to old threads where the discussion has been done to death.
>>
>>50054779
If I wanted to read old discussions I wouldn't be asking for a conversation. Jeez. Every topic has been done to death, so I guess we might as well not have threads.
>>
>>50054804
Anarchy has been done to death in the manner of fifteen people asking per goddamn thread 'So, what's up with Anarchy, and where can I download it?'

So we're done with it.

Fuck off to the archives, literally nobody wants to talk about it.
>>
>>50054965
Fuck you. There are a hundred topics done to death. I want to talk about the game. This is the thread for the game. Fuck if you if you want to tell me not to talk about the game.
>>
>>50055028
Do you want a review? THERE ARE DOZENS OF SITES FOR THAT
do you want questions to a particular aspect? Check the Archive
Has your question been answered? If not: Ask it
>>
>>50054695
>Cleanest and safest

Oh god, this just opens up so many possibilities.
>>
File: IMG_0824.jpg (29KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0824.jpg
29KB, 207x244px
Can spirits be affected by mind magic? The party mage loves to use control actions against enemy spirits (just found the identity of an insect shaman by making a bug tell who summoned it) and it almost doesn't seem right but...if they're sapient, and it's a magic spell against a magic creature, I couldn't think of a reason why it shouldn't work.
>>
>>50055266
don't see why it wouldn't work
As long as the spell is making the spirit tell you that it should make no difference
there might be problems if you try to read their minds (seeing as they are not metahuman minds and thus alien) but otherwise: nothing I can think of
>>
How big must a hit or series of hits be for a runner's rep to be carried overseas without any direct involvement?
>>
>>50053768
It's an honest-to-God Rules-Lite Shadowrun, but that does mean a few things in particular.

A rules-lite anything, when compared to a more full version of itself, will always come across as lacking. Anarchy is missing things like explosives, coherent rules for making vehicles, some smaller details like no firing rates or even ammo rules (it expects that characters just reload "off-screen,"), it combines some of the stats so you have less numbers to work with, and despite being a 5e module, it decreases numbers back down to 4A-level so there's less dice being thrown about.

As such, the moment your players want to do something specific with firing rates or explosives or deal damage to a vehicle so you need to know things like armor and hull values, you as the GM have two options: just tell them "no," (which is dumb), or borrow from the more full rule-set or make shit up on the fly. This is just one of those things that comes with rules-lite games; it's unavoidable.

Is all of this bad? Depends on your style.

I have one player who would rather always play with or GM the more full rule-set, no matter how clunky or poorly organized, because the only work he needs to do is search. Especially if he thinks he's going to visit those rules one way or another.

Whereas when I GM, I'm perfectly comfortable making shit up on the fly or on occasion borrowing from the detailed rules. I wound up staying away from a lot of the more specific rules if I felt it would unnecessarily slow down the game (for example: my players didn't really pay much attention to firing rates, so I mostly ignored it unless they wanted to do an automatic spray or suppressive fire or something; this hardly ever happened) often enough that my players were playing something between full Shadowrun and Anarchy anyways.

It all depends on how you handle the kinks of playing any rules-lite game.
>>
>>50053814
> Only the absurdly-heaviest one, and even then only when mounted on a drone/vehicle so that it has a wired power supply.

Don't expect a decent DM to let such a drone fire more often than the magazine, maybe magazine x 2 would allow before your drone powers down (if it's hardwired, not using a internal magazine at all), apart from drones that a big enough to actually have an reactor or something. Energy/should rarely be a limit, but when you start using it to actually benefit your fighting power, expect appropriate reactions. Also, Laser-Turrets actually plugged into wall outlets on anything remotely Ares territory.
>>
Has Catalyst made any hints towards a 6e?

I wonder because I've been fighting to actually acquire the books they release but my wallet can't keep up and I really would hate to buy one of the new books and then lol everyone else is running 6e now.
>>
>>50054059
Savage, omae. Savage.
>>
>>50057683
4e came out in 2005
20th came out in 2009
5e came out in 2013
Assuming they keep the same sort of schedule, they *might* release a 6e next year, but it's sort of unlikely, given that 20th was just a new copy of the 4e rules afaik, and it'd been 7 years since 3e came out when 4e released.
>>
File: buu.jpg (15KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
buu.jpg
15KB, 550x309px
>>50054059

Glory:
>I need you to help me lay waste to a creepy satanist murder-rape-cabin

Eiger:
>I need you to help me hunt down the fuckers that got my team killed

Dieter:
>I need you to help me beat some ass and save my cousin/son/whatever from getting indoctrinated into a bunch of bad skinhead mother fuckers

Dante:
>Bark Bark

Blitz:
>I miss my girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlfrieeeeeend, can you get us back together pleeeeeeeease?
>>
>>50057770
>Dante:
>>Bark Bark
Chummer, I need to know
who financed this run against my sides
>>
So, I'm completely new to Shadowrun, and am going to be playing a game of 3e as an elf Street Samurai/Decker hybrid (with an emphasis on the Decker side of things and a shotgun integrated into her cyberarm).

My question is: what sort of hardware does a Decker need to have?
>>
>>50057770
>Blitz:
>>I miss my girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlfrieeeeeend, can you get us back together pleeeeeeeease?
What? No. He was in debt with the mob and dragged the PC on a stupid fucking run so they wouldn't confiscate his kneecaps.
>>
>>50057966

All I remember was getting pulled into a bullshit heist run with inadequate info coming from the Mob and Blitz and then still having tell him to man up and give his girlfriend the D after all the trouble he went through.

>>50057833

Glad you liked it.
>>
>>50058142
IIRC wasn't the entire moral of that story "leave her alone she is hiding from angry corps" and you have to convince him to stop being a dumbass?
>>
>>50055853
Depends on how international the circles they run in are.
>>
>>50057640
The rules literally state that a laser plugged into a drone or static power supply let it fire until the drone or power supply is damaged. There is no magazine, you dolt.
>>
>>50057640
cuck detected
>>
Hey /srg/, does anyone know where to find the grimoire for 1ed?
>>
If I'm remotely controlling a drone is its defense still limited by its handling, and is there a cheap way to increase it
>>
>>50058834
check the OP pastebin
>>
File: SR TM.jpg (876KB, 1573x1955px) Image search: [Google]
SR TM.jpg
876KB, 1573x1955px
Challenging question, how do you play a viable technomancer without having to abuse sprites for teamwork.
>>
>>50058914
I have, but all I can find is the one for 2nd edition
>>
>>50059065
In 5e you currently can't, really. Wait for the upcoming techno book and no, we don't know when it's coming out.
>>
>>50059065
Wait for the new book to come out and hope.
>>
>>50059065
Play an AR hacker with an implanted Cyberdeck, its close enough, right?
>>
>>50059065
Charisma elf dataspike nigger, brick everything in the game in one shot.
>>
>>50059065
http://shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/42995/technomancers-in-5th-edition
>>
>>50059101
>>50059105
Yeah i've heard from inside source that Catalyst doesn't want to pay the freelancers to make the book at all.
>>50059124
That was my last decker thought. Technomancers get access to a lot of cool toys that could be used in a neat way, just need to find which way.

>>50059137
With shit Dataspike dicepool I don't see how that's possible. Especially since Elves have low Edge at chargen.
>>
>>50059195
see
>>50059142
specifically
http://shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
>>
>>50057683
With all the 'core' books out, they'll more or less be forced to restart the cycle in a year or two in order to keep bringing in money. That said, no indications of anything new thus far. Anarchy might forestall the need to release a new edition for a while.
>>50054631
Check the mega. Should be 218 pages, karma advancement is on page 70.
>>50058576
There's an unusual argument popping up lately that a weapon-mount doesn't change the magazine size.
>>50058880
Control Device: Dicepool as normal, Limit is Data Processing of your commlink/cyberdeck.
While jumped in, you use your normal stats, Limit is Handling + Control Rig Rating.
If issuing an order, it'd be Pilot + [Autosoft/Pilot], limited by Handling.
>>50059195
>Yeah i've heard from inside source that Catalyst doesn't want to pay the freelancers to make the book at all.
Not exactly, but functionally accurate. Book is going to be longer than the original spec called for, CGL won't pay more.
>>50059065
Play 4E or buy a deck. Technomancers are only reliably good while using Sprites; even with the Errata dropping their Fading values by 3, they're still largely incapable of using their complex forms to perform as well as a hacker over the course of a run.
>>
>>50059065
>viable technomancer without using sprites
Sprites are a technomancer's main thing; they're not just reskinned hackers. That's like saying 'how do I make a viable rigger without using drones and vehicles fucking constantly?' You could still do a few things - like using Electronic Warfare to jam the shit out of sensors and drones and Gunnery to physically fire mounted turrets. But you sure as fuck wouldn't be a truly viable version of your archetype.
>>
>>50059835
I didn't say withouth sprites.

I said withouth abusing the Aid action. Aka, unusual and varied ways of using their powers for maximum effect.
>>
>>50059862
I see. You just have the sprites do everything instead of aiding. You don't lift a single goddamn finger - you just play like a dedicated summoner.

That's how.
>>
>>50050035
He was really fun to play. I took Dependent +9 Karma to RP his situation. The +30% was easy to pay due to not needing to worry about cyber bits. I also took insomnia which as mage and vampire was great fun.

On RP terms he was just great. I went full stun on combat with spells and stick n shock so that he could drain his opponents that are unconscious. In longer runs he was bit of liability due to getting no sleep, but essence drain helped especially when I needed to nuke enemies with high force spells.

Outside runs Dependency +9 was bit of a hassle due to bunch of vampires needing help, like young girl who was turned into one and thrown out to the streets by her parents. My character ended up to adopting her. Bit hard for 11 year old girl to live in immortal body. Also I had to hunt at least 1 body per week for me and the girl. Maybe more if the DM decided that my Dependency requires more bodies.

Hunting junkies around Seattle was easy but as fun siderun we had to go and massacre a group of Puerto Ricoan drug dealers allied to our fixers. They had brought number of Caribbean witch doctors to hunt us down and were a threat to my small vampire society. So we massacred them and made it look like Halloweeners had done it. Caused some problems for our fixer and the mafia, but nothing too shabby. Just few hitman squads after my ass.
>>
>>50058279
>>50058142
>>50057966
>>50057770
Blitz was basically trying to bumble around and 'help' someone much more competent than he is, who if I recall didn't like him that much. As a metahuman being and Monika's replacement as soul of the Kreuzbaser I want to help him, but as a player he's an idiot.

>>50059763
>Check the mega. Should be 218 pages, karma advancement is on page 70.
Weird. You're right, but earlier in the book it still said:
>Character Advancement rules are not provided in this preview but will be available in the full version of Shadowrun: Anarchy. A space is provided on the character sheet to keep track of how much Karma your character has earned.
>>
>>50059065
IIRC, catalyst released some eretta on the forums for playtest purposes.
>>
File: wJUmQIg.png (303KB, 376x640px) Image search: [Google]
wJUmQIg.png
303KB, 376x640px
>A cargo ship that has 60 speed.

NOW WE'RE FUCKING TALKING.
>>
>>50060917
>Tradeing
>>
>>50060917
What
>>
>>50059065
This artist also makes cyberpunk porn right?
>>
File: 1472414422202.jpg (49KB, 595x906px) Image search: [Google]
1472414422202.jpg
49KB, 595x906px
In celebration of the new Technomancer buff, I've created an override file to add the errata changes to chummer5a. Just copy the pastebin text to an empty text document, name it "override_complexforms.xml" (make sure it converts the text file to an actual xml file), and you're good to go.
http://pastebin.com/hFgXVdxq
>>
>>50061175
The what? Where? Source?
>>
>>50061343
>http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?board=12.0
In the Data Trails and CRB Official Errata threads. Every Complex Form gets -3 Fading, to a minimum of (L-3).
>>
>>50060791
>CGL editing
I really wish I could meet their line editor just once so I could slap them. I could swear they just run word documents through a print-to-PDF function or something for the amount of simple formatting errors that are left in.
>>50061175
Just for reference, my policy with the errata is to only action stuff that reaches an official state and is published in a proper errata document. In large part this is because the forum software takes about a million years to load for me and it's impossible to get notifications on when a post is edited via RSS or something equally useful.
>>
>>50061175
Can someone summarize the new Techno buffs or point me in the direction of where I can find them?
>>
>>50061462
>Just for reference, my policy with the errata is to only action stuff that reaches an official state and is published in a proper errata document.
Completely reasonable, I'm just doing this for the folks at large.

>In large part this is because the forum software takes about a million years to load for me
Yeah its slow for me as well. For some reason the Shadowrun official forums are hosted on a brick with a CPU glued on.

>>50061471
>>50061356
Seriously, fragger?
>>
>>50061502
Given that the CRB and Data Trails threads don't really, y'know, clearly say the damn errata, it's pretty reasonable to ask.
>>
>Techno eratta comes out
>>>technos are still absolute dogshit at matrix combat and stealth

ok you fixed the part that doesn't matter good job
>>
>>50061872
They're not going to ever beat a properly-built decker at the decker's job. They're their own thing. That's like complaining because an adept is worse at soaking than a street samurai, or because mages aren't as good at using weapon foci as an adept is.
>>
>When you bluff your way into an office in Cheyenne and a girl hits on the face and the face gives the girl the white weaboo autist street sam's comm code instead so he gets a call to go to a night club and assumes it's part of the job and meets a sobbing native girl in a native only club and tries to comfort her as she gets progressively more and more drunk and depressed that her date stood her up (while also being confused as why this other anglo guy is here)
>>
>>5006163
Do you have trouble reading, or just general issues with problem solving?
>>
>>50061944
They might be their own thing but the matrix is the decker's job and there's little to do in the matrix that deckers aren't made to do aside from counter-technomancry
>>
>>50049021
>copper would use taser on an escaping suspect who's clearly not a threat
I'm guessing he just was too fat to run after him. Fucking burgers.
>>
File: Capture.png (91KB, 1676x872px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
91KB, 1676x872px
>>50062040
Fuck its too late for me to even banter properly.
>>
Say, can elf/dwarf babies still be born from human parents like in 2011?
>>
Person who's new to the 5e system has a question: am I reading it right that full-auto and every other multi-bullet firing maneuver does no additional damage? You just add to one damage value based on net hits?
>>
>>50062290
You are reading it right. But the defender gets a negative dicepool modifier on his defence test.
So it's not so much multiple bullets hitting for massive damage, but multiple bullets making it more likely that one hits.
I seem to remember that there is an optional rule in Run & Gun that, should the modifier reduce the defence dicepool below zero, you could start adding damage to the attack. So for example if you fire a Complex Full Auto (10 rounds, -9 to defence) at someone with REA 3 + INT 3 = 6 def dice, you would end up doing +3 damage
>>
>>50062290
Yes. Your semi-auto gun also is magically incapable of shooting the same person twice, though you're perfectly free to shoot him and the man next to him.

Well, no, you CAN technically doubletap him, IF you invest in special maneuvers from Run and Gun, and it barely makes any difference at all.
>>
>>50062119
Why not? It could if it makes a good story.
>>
>>50062119
Highly unlikely, but yes.
>>
>>50058728

Human who unironically says cuck detected
>>
>>50061079
Yeah
>>
>>50062393
Second cuck detected
>>
>>50062119
For sure, and it definitely still happens, despite what some people think.

Whether you manifest as a non-human is based on having the right combination of genetics with the right level of ambient magic. Most of the people who have a strong genetic predisposition to being elves/dwarves have already been born as one, so most new elf/dwarf births are from elves/dwarves.

But that's by no means universal. Sometimes two humans who don't have enough dwarf genetics to have been born as dwarves have the gametes line up just right to have a dwarf baby. Sometimes an ork and a troll whose mothers were both elves get nasty and end up with an unexpected elf as the runt of the litter. Sometimes that elf grows up, bangs a dwarf, and they produce a human who later goblinizes as an ork.

Genetics are weird, and even if these unexpected manifestations are rarer now than they were back in the 2010s-2020s, they're still very much a thing that continues to happen in-setting, because humans were just human for so long that nobody's genes are just a single metatype.
>>
>>50062342
>being this salty
Go back to 4e.
>>
>>50058576
sense > badly written rules
>>
>>50057926
>3e
What's it like, still living in the year 2000? Relieved about Y2K and getting excited for the big presidential race? Watch out for 2001 - it's a doozy.
>>
>>50062429
>>50061079
>>50059065
Who's the artist? Reverse image search gave me nothing.
>>
>>50058728
Rule munchkin caught red handed calls other people unironically cuck. Seems like somone who's opinion should matter to everyone seeking gamemastering advice.
>>
>>50062761
Your sense is retarded. Lasers are literally worthless if you can't mount them to something and run them off of that thing's power supply. You're just one of those faggots who wants to make interpretations and houserules such that they make everything the least-functional, least-useful version of itself.

You fucking dolt.
>>
>>50062821
Nobody said lasers are a good weapon. That's not a reason to allow them to fundle with the energy/fuel rules. Lasers are shit. The Damage is way to low while the skill requirement for such a rare weapon is way to sky fucking high. Thats still no reason to allow a bullshit rule like this that could break anything if additional energy weapons come out that are NOT shitty without high capacity magazines or just having the entire fucking power grid as ammo reserve. Hell yeah I will houserule such shit away to keep shit real all the time, while shit that needs a buff get's a buff that's sensible. You are the fucking dolt, Sir. Good Day.
>>
>>50062951
>That's not a reason to allow them to fundle with the energy/fuel rules.
Fundle? I'm the one arguing in favor of the rules. You're arguing against the rules as written because 'yeah, nah, fuck lasers, because fuck any purely-hypothetical future energy weapons.'

Your houserules are shit, and you're shit.
>>
>>50062951
>I will houserule a bad thing to be worse just in case a good thing ever comes out
Save the houserules for when your hypothetical non-shit laser comes out.
Also, magazines? Lasers don't have magazines, they have backpacks full of car batteries you wire them to.
>>
File: 1426108813997.png (10KB, 408x286px) Image search: [Google]
1426108813997.png
10KB, 408x286px
>>50062951
>fundle
>>
File: file.png (570KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
570KB, 500x500px
>>50063006
>fundle
>>
>>50044910
Honestly you get so much mileage out of pumping up Edge that he's probably gimping himself more by staying at 1 than he's gaining by abusing the low cost get out of jail free cards.
>>
>>50062973
> My mind can barely work on the border of imaginary realism because I'm to dense, I need to stick to the rules no matter what. I also let my players make ridiculously test for water treading and allow stun grenades thrown confined space to kill dragon-level stuff. It's in the rules.

>Also, magazines? Lasers don't have magazines, they have backpacks full of car batteries you wire them to.

The have magaizines or alternative power sources. Like backpacks and satchel packs, all cool, you need to carry that extra-shit and can't really hide it. Thats cool. Lining a weapon into your car battery or the power grid and expecting to get an unlimited hail of fire with -10 AP? Just no. If one of my players tries that, he get's additional shots, sure, but after some time using this, the weapon will still give up for various reasons, from lens/barrel stress, the power grid suspecting way to high power use etc.
>>
>>50062791
http://keysartstuff.tumblr.com/
>>
>>50063178
Fuck off.
>>
>>50063178
Why don't you just tell your players that a drone or vehicle effectively grants a power pack with x power units?
>>
>>50063215
Gracias.
>>
>>50048962
Capsule rounds full of DMSO and Narcoject, fired from a Streetline or Light Fire 75.
>>
>>50063219
Pardon, that's what I would to, when I said "additional shots". Didn't cross my mind that it's basically the same, but yeah, exactly what to do imo.^^
>>
>>50048962
A taser.

Or a cut-down Ruger Super Warhawk loaded with hand-loaded Gel Rounds.

Or flashbangs.

>>50063259
The problem with Narcoject is that it doesn't kick in until the end of the current full combat turn - not initiative pass, combat turn - because the Speed rules for toxins and drugs are janky.
>>
>>50063216
Make me, dear. Make me. <3
>>
>>50063301
Srsly? Immediate does not mean, well, immediate? I always made them act on the spot. So if someone stabs you with a syringe full of 'jet, it's and attack that deal "Narcojet" as damage, aka the resistance test against toxin happens vs the 'jet instead of a resistance test vs weapon damage. If you coat a weapon with such a quick acting poison, I work them out directly after another, like 2 attacks just hit...
>>
>>50063342
Immediate means it activates at the end of the current combat turn.

1 Turn means it activates at the end of the next full combat turn.

And so on.

Most fights are already over by the time Pepper Punch would kick in, and most people would have been dispatched with gel rounds or tasers in the time it takes for Narcoject to take effect.

The same is true for all of those 'Immediate' combat stims too.
>>
>>50063342
Nope, not how it works. All drugs and poisons (Including beneficial ones!) take effect at the end of whatever combat turn it says they take effect on.
>>
>>50055853
Core rulebook has a rundown on street cred and notoriety that will help quantify how known they are.
>>
>>50063301
>Narcoject doesn't kick in until the end of the current full combat turn
Yep that and chemseals are the drawback. It's still great in surprise, or quickdrawing at the end of a turn. I'm not sure waiting until the end of the turn is even that bad compared to other nonlethal options- a taser won't incap most people in one hit will it?
>>
>>50063555
>a taser won't incap most people in one hit will it?
A Defiance EX Shocker deals 9S, AP -5. You get a decent number of hits and yes, it will incapacitate in a single hit.

Alternative, the Ruger Super Warhawk loaded with hand-loaded gel rounds deals 10S and AP -1 and has an extremely high chance of knocking a target flat on their ass.

And if you have a halfway-decent initiative score, you can usually shoot them a second and third time just to make sure in the time it would take Narcoject to have any effect at all.
>>
I'm having trouble with the Erased quality.
Does it persistently erase any thing that would lead back to your character?
>>
>>50063587
Yep that'll certainly work then, particularly well on mortals with average-metahuman stats. I still think there's a lot of value in the guaranteed down-in-one-hit effect Narcoject brings to the party. High initiative and a high pistols dice pool you can put down like 6 people a turn. Sure the sam killed like two dudes before you had any impact on the battle, but all of a sudden everyones on the ground. Some of them not even dead, you tree hugging hippie you.
>>
>>50063656
Which edition? There's some differences between 4th and 5th, but that's largely correct.
>>
>>50063668
5e, and well shit.
How do police investigate someone with Erased if their data literally disappears the second it's discovered to be the guy?
That seems like an incredibly advantage for the point cost.

The character had also taken Bad Rep with the Knight Errant. How does he keep Notoriety with them if his data is completely erased. Paper wanted posters?
>>
>>50063219
A drone or vehicle connected to gridguide has unlimited power.
>>
File: 1477089602457.jpg (27KB, 460x459px) Image search: [Google]
1477089602457.jpg
27KB, 460x459px
>>50063861
>vehicle used to commit terrorism is attached to gridguide
>>
>>50063919
>dumbass doesn't know about GG Override
Sorry mate, I didn't realise I was talking to someone this new.
>>
>>50063861
How does that work?
>>
>>50064124
Take Gridguide
be on grid
LIMITLESS POWER

>>50063919
Are you blind? Have you never seen the override?
>>
File: file.png (152KB, 520x422px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
152KB, 520x422px
>>50063861
Shhhh, I was whittling him down into realising his position was stupid.
>>50064124
Inductive charging strips embedded in the road surfaces.
>GridLink is the system that provides power to electrically driven vehicles so that they don’t have to use their internal power while driving in a GridLink prepared area. It has not expanded very far beyond the city’s protected highways and A level districts due to the inherent vulnerability of power systems to energy thieves and parts scavengers. Within those limits the usage has increased, though, as most modern ground vehicles are equipped with auxiliary electric motors, so even if a vehicle cannot draw all of its power from GridLink, it will draw some percentage so it can go longer between refueling.
>>50063729
Okay, so 5th is substantially less bullshit than 4e's omnipotent hacker; the quality essentially represents a character's approach to managing their identity, taking steps to avoid being traceable. Your character likely establishes SINs that have a lot of overlap with other people, aggressively avoids being tagged by advertising taggants, wearing makeup that breaks facial recognition, and so on. There's no indication that your records are deleted from major databases in 5e's version, so KE will likely have a series of overlapping case files that they *believe* are linked to you, but have no firm proof on it.
>>
lets say I have 2 roto drones and Im remote controlling them. could I have them attack different people or can I only have them attack one person? and if I can attack both do I have to split the dice pool despite them being separate?
>>
>>50064503
If you have an RCC, you can use a Simple Action to issue an order to both drones. They'll act on their own initiative score, following out that order. If you're remote-controlling them with a commlink or whatever, it's a Simple Action to command ONE drone.
>>
>>50064503
It depends on how you're doing it by remote control.

If you're using the Control Device action to use your die pool and limits (assuming a high enough Data Processing) then you can attack multiple people and have to split your die pool as the Multiple Attack free action says.

If you're just marking enemies for the pilot to shoot at, you can have them split their die pools and each attack multiple people, or have them each take one target (full pool), or both on one target. And all this with a simple message sent. (And probably some AROs)
>>
>>50064512
>>50064526
so I have to split my dice pool if I want to use mine and attack 2 people, but I can send a command to the drones and have them use theirs to attack the 2 enemies individually?
whats the point then considering how shitty their dice pools are by themselves and how weak they are, rather than use my defense they will use theirs and got blown the fuck out
>>
>>50064650
For one, if you have an RCC then you can get a few pools to 8 (more on better drones).

For two, drones have 4d6 initiative dice, so they can pretty regularly take multiple passes.

And finally, drones will have lots of recoil compensation, so they can make up for low pools by using bursts. On 176 it says a drone or vehicle mounted weapon has an RC of the drone or vehicle's body + whatever's on the weapon.
>>
What's /srg/'s opinion on the equipment packs in Run Faster? If I may ask.
>>
>>50064691
but is being able to full auto worth it? their defense pools are the equivalent of mooks and seeing as they cant event be repaired when their bar gets filled it seems like a waste rather than getting a vehicle and singular super drone with tons of armor that doesn't even need to roll soak.
>>
>>50064718
Cheap and numerous can win fights by dint of "Oh, hey, you have no defense pool now." Also how vulnerable depends on what you're doing.

The crawler's the cheapest core drone I'd dream of using for combat, but it's got good initative despite being frail and is, like I said, cheap.

So short grenades or other AoE stuff (and it's possible I can spread them out enough in some cases) they can take more time to take out than one super-drone.

And even if said super-drone is a walker-modded Harley-Davidson Scorpion with 9 points of anti-electric armor and 3 points of obvious extra armor and a good, modded RCC, it'll take more lucky Data Spikes to break the mass than that guy.

In short, both methods have weaknesses and they can't always be covered.
>>
File: file.png (359KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
359KB, 500x324px
>The hotel bartender who slips you a guest’s room number because he thinks it will help him get lucky. The security guard who lets a team into a top-secret facility because he thinks he’s pitching in on covert-ops training. The business suit who drops ten thousand nuyen on a project because he thinks it’ll earn him fifty thousand.
>Marks, all of them, and the Sixth World is full of them. Yeah, blasting your way into a well-guarded facility is fun, but talking your way in, smooth and subtle, might be more rewarding. Almost every kind of shadowrun involves at least a little con artistry, and some of them are full-on long cons. That means you need to sharpen your con game. With tips, plot updates, spells, gear, and more to improve characters’ con abilities, Cutting Aces gives players the swagger and skills they need to swindle the world. It also includes information on one of the Sixth World’s hottest spots for running a con—Istanbul, City of the World’s Desire.
>Cuttings Aces is for use with Shadowrun, Fifth Edition, and it also contains plot information, story ideas, and characters that can be used with Shadowrun: Anarchy with slight adjustments of character stats.
>>
>>50064244
>Okay, so 5th is substantially less bullshit than 4e's omnipotent hacker
People used it that way, but both editions have a threshold to find erased data on the Matrix.

4e it was threshold 24 extended test, while 5e is a threshold 6 test that takes 12 hours.
>>
File: IMG_0335.jpg (17KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0335.jpg
17KB, 200x252px
>Confront recurring antagonist on arcology rooftop
>Try to talk him down into surrending
>He refuses and starts combat
>His bodyguard squad of four full mages, each with 7 Magic and a bonded Force-2 Power Foci, all cast Mob Mind on our party continuously commanding us all to leap off the roof

We have been arguing with the GM over this shit for three hours now. He's insisting there's nothing wrong with "using the exact same resources available to the player characters against them" and we're saying that this is total bullshit that we never really could have hoped to counter

Is this even remotely an okay thing to do to your players? This has been a fucking shockingly shit moment in an otherwise great game so far, and I have no idea why the GM would think this was alright to pull so I'm trying to get a second opinion?
>>
>>50065500
Did he give you any warnings or hints that those mages were there/were that capable?
>>
>>50065500
It's honestly asking for some burnt edge. Smackdown the resistance roll for the first spell, grenades like candy.

Still, ask to see the sheets and priority assignments.
>>
File: sipscoffeeaggressively.jpg (366KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sipscoffeeaggressively.jpg
366KB, 683x1024px
>>50065500
Nah, that's shit GMing whereupon he's gotten it into his head that it's a players vs GM game, not a players being challenged by GM game.

Simple way to beat his argument is to point out that as a GM, his resources are effectively limitless. Even if he limits the strength of your foes to the same approximate level of the party, he gets to cherry pick abilities designed to combat yours, while you have to generalize in order to cover your bases because you're not allowed to switch all your stats and abilities around at whim.

A GM going against the party with "equal resources" is going to win because he's Batman's worst bullshit by default: He knows your weaknesses, he knows your strengths, and he has functionally infinite time to plan how to deal with both.

Your GM should be giving you challenges which will test your abilities, not designing foes with bullshit abilities geared to wipe the party.
>>
>>50065317
Ooh, Face sourcebook. That's a new one.
>>
>>50065500
It's not an okay thing to do. Your GM is an asshole.
>>
Hey guys, what are some of your favorite NPC's (preferably recurring ones)
>>
>>50039992
what are must have gear and bioware/cyberware for a good infiltrator?
>>
So I can't be a drone controller/hacker? My GM said we need both roles filled with one character
>>
>>50066249
In 5e not lot of the skills overlap. Deckers need high Electronics and Cracking skills, Riggers need Engineering and Piloting. They do share electronic warfare. The real problem is that they split your nuyen resources too thin. The best way is to go decker and build into a rigger with extra nuyen. Since buying into rigger is much cheaper.
>>
>>50066249
You can, but controlling drones with a deck won't be as good as using an RCC becuase it can't share programs.

But you can still slave them to your deck, and have them take orders. Get used to making target AROs and giving the order to the pilot programs to fire on those targets. Perhaps make a different ARO for suppressing an area (large triangle?)

On the up side, slaving your drones to your deck will let them Run Silently better, and eventually get an even better firewall than you'd dreamed of.
>>
>>50066352
>>50066369
Okay so if I do it just make drones a side thing?

I might go full rigger we have a technomancer already and I like the idea of making stuff. Need to read the rules a tad more.
>>
>establishing a Clinch requires you to roll Gymnastics rather than Unarmed
What kind of horseshit is this?
>>
>>50066467
If you are a decker get into rigging like this: buy a few rotodrones (flying, cheap, extra customizable) and mount Steyr TMPs with as much Gas-vent as you can afford with top mounted smartgun systems. Load 'em up with standard ammo and have 'em suppress the hell out of areas and enemies.

Sure, the die pools are going to be kinda crap, but a lucky roll with give an acceptably bad penalty on your enemy's everything, and if they flub the Reflex+Edge roll, they even take a hit.
>>
>>50066467
>making stuff.
You don't really make things. Mostly just bashing shit together from stuff you already own.
>>
One of my players wanted to fly around, shooting people. How high can skimmers get you?
And would it be too OP/nonsensical to have his cybertorso/arms casemodded so he could have drones slot into them, allowing him to fly?
>>
>>50066225
>what are must have gear and bioware/cyberware for a good infiltrator?
Social or physical infiltrator?
>>
>>50066249
>So I can't be a drone controller/hacker?
Being a drone rigger is hella expensive money-wise.

Being a hacker is hella expensive money-wise.

They share basically no skill overlap with each other.

They don't even have the same primary attributes for their roles.

Do the math.

>>50066467
>we have a technomancer already
Then don't worry about decking.
>>
>>50066721
>How high can skimmers get you?
Skimmers hover using ground effect, so several inches at most.

>And would it be too OP/nonsensical to have his cybertorso/arms casemodded so he could have drones slot into them, allowing him to fly?
Yes in both counts.

>One of my players wanted to fly around, shooting people.
Have him either buy a helicopter or invest in magic. Levitate is the only character-accessible option to fly without a vehicle.
>>
>>50066721
>How high can skimmers get you?
>skimmers
How high does it sound like?
>>
>>50066467
You can't really make stuff, just modify the existing stuff you buy.
Technomancers are Hackers, so you should be able to Rig as a full-time job. Roto-drones and Flying-Eyes are the king.

>>50066721
Not very far off the ground, sadly. I think 1-3 inches.

>And would it be too OP/nonsensical to have his cybertorso/arms casemodded so he could have drones slot into them, allowing him to fly?
Yes.

Take a Roto-drone and add Metahuman seating if you want a mini-copter, or houserule it as something you can strap into.
>>
>>50066940
>Take a Roto-drone and add Metahuman seating if you want a mini-copter, or houserule it as something you can strap into.
Disclaimer: most GMs won't let you add a chair to a roto-drone, for good and obvious reasons.

The alternative is to buy a Northrup Wasp, a Luftshiffbau Personal Zeppelin LZP-2070, the "Mothership" LAVH.

The Mothership is the cheapest option (a zeppelin harness that you strap a van or smaller plane into for hovering) while the Wasp is the option that isn't a big fucking zeppelin.

They're the only ones that cost less than 100k nuyen, though.
>>
>>50066881
Physical, sneaking, climbing, stabbing/tasing in the back
>>
>>50067102
A chameleon suit, partial cyberlegs loaded up with armor, hydraulic jacks, and skimmers for mobility, and some gecko grip gloves. Most of the breaking and entering gear on pages 447 and 448. The guard-incapacitating weapon of your choice (beware: it's almost impossible to take out a guard in a single hit if they're wearing even basic armor; this isn't a game where you get to reliably incapacitate guards without alerting security).

And then, honestly? A cyberdeck. Being the guy who can sneak into a building meshes extremely well with being the guy who can plug into a wall port, hijack the building's security camera and door systems, and disable any security sensors in the hallway. Especially when being an infiltrator isn't a super expensive investment.
>>
File: 1471252448269.jpg (180KB, 707x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1471252448269.jpg
180KB, 707x1130px
>>50055097
He doesn't have any specific questions, because he refused to read the book. He says he wants discussion, but he can't discuss for shit, he just wants us to give him a live review because he can't into archive.
>>
File: Boggles The Mind.gif (2MB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
Boggles The Mind.gif
2MB, 232x232px
>>50056713
>Rules-Lite

I wish this meme would die. There's as much crunch in Anarchy as in D&D 5e, it just also has the "CGL is shit" problem that a lot of things like vehicle rules and ammo are missing. Dealing with that missing stuff isn't 'one of those things that comes with rules-light games' (which in itself is an insult to all good rules-light games, which uses a few simple rules that can be widely applied), it's a regular game with lots of missing pieces that only seems rules-light compared to the mess that is regular Shadowrun.
>>
File: Augment Magazine.jpg (52KB, 495x640px) Image search: [Google]
Augment Magazine.jpg
52KB, 495x640px
>>50064717
Very useful for quickly making a runner, if less ideal for minmaxing. I tell every new character to grab one of the standard Runner packs (the ones with the SIN, map, etc).

If a player is very indecisive, I just grab a few different PACKs that cover more or less what they want to do, and let them tinker a bit.
>>
File: 1467930799910.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1467930799910.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
>>50065317
Please Ghost, give us some decent face cyberware. If it's all social adept stuff, spells and fancy suits I'm gonna cry.
>>
File: GoldenCompassZeppelin.jpg (24KB, 400x189px) Image search: [Google]
GoldenCompassZeppelin.jpg
24KB, 400x189px
>>50065558
>Still, ask to see the sheets and priority assignments.

>implying that NPCs are built the same way as PCs

>>50067058
>Not having Distinctive Style (That Guy With The Zeppelin)

It's like you don't even want to be the robber baron of the sky, fighting rapscallions, making gold, and seducing Wu quints with your might vessel
>>
>>50067535
>implying that NPCs are built the same way as PCs
>He's insisting there's nothing wrong with "using the exact same resources available to the player characters against them"
Yes, that was the implication.
>>
>>50067535
In the case of a reoccuring antagonist I usually make them using standard chargen rules, maybe sum to 11/12 if I want them to be stronger than PCs.
>>
What exactly constitutes a gang?

I've seen a very harsh difference between "gangers" and "a group of people in charge of a territory who protect the ones in it", but aren't they the same thing? Armed thugs in charge of a territory, with different motivations, yeah, but still a bunch of armed territorial thugs

In dragonfall for example, the kiez...es? are run by groups of people who gather resources and have an armed defense against others who try to rile up their peers, but they're not considered a "gang", while neighboring kiezes are apparently "run by gangs" in a very similar fashion to what Monika had
>>
>>50067677
Gangs rarely actually protect people living in their territory who are not in their group.
Generally gangs will exploit and threaten the people who are in their territory for protection money, intimidate them, etc.
Basically, it's how the group acts. If they do it to protect the people, they're not generally referred to as a gang (even if it might fit the technical division), if they exploit the populace/people not in their gang then usually they are referred to as a gang.
>>
>>50067720
>Gangs rarely actually protect people living in their territory who are not in their group.

>Less well known is the fact that gangs always pay back into their community, hosting parties, taking care of sick relatives, and keeping other gangers out of their turf, thus providing protection. Done well, this creates a community that isn’t willing to turn the gang members over to the police. Done poorly, you get neighborhoods that have been known to chip in and hire shadowrunners to drive gangers out
>>
>>50067756
I wasn't referring to the SR lore, I was mostly referring to real life.
Gangs generally do emerge for the purpose of protecting a certain group (most commonly an ethnic minority) but usually they end up only serving those directly part of the gang.
Gang also has a very negative connotation, in dragonfall the reason the Kiez isn't run by a gang and others are is that the "gang" that runs the Kiez serves the people's interest, whereas in other areas the people serve the gang's interest.
>>
File: Gang Violence.png (614KB, 945x627px) Image search: [Google]
Gang Violence.png
614KB, 945x627px
>>50067677
"Gangers" is generally used as a term for gangbangers, thugs who terrorize and enrich themselves more than they protect the community. Halloweeners and other thrill gangs are gangers, ones who claim territory more or less so they have a place to drink in peace before going out and fucking with others. The Skra' cha are a protective gang, fighting for the independence of the Ork Undeground and demanding support from the community to keep doing that work.

There's plenty of gangs out there on both ends of the spectrum, and everything in between.
>>
>>50067191
Do I need the cyberdeck to let our Decker in or do I need to get hacking skills? Because I don't feel particularly strong about hacking...
>>
>>50067934
You'd need to be the one doing the hacking. The problem with relying on your Decker to do that kind of camera-hacking and sensor-disabling shit for you is that he needs to physically enter the location in order to safely do that, with how Hosts work. So, either you'd need him to sneak in WITH you, or you need to be able to do it yourself.

Either way, someone's going to need to make an infiltrator/decker combo in order to make that kind of physical catburglary work.
>>
>>50067950
I guess so... I'll have to re-make the character because instead of cyberlegs I got muscle toner 3 to help with sneaking..
>>
File: 1442436895602.jpg (270KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442436895602.jpg
270KB, 1280x720px
>>50067934
Having hacking skills is nice, but you really don't need them if you don't want to. Look into getting an Avalon with a high-rating agent to get through some electronic security, but with the 5e Matrix you don't actually need the hacker to go find a dataport to tap into the system. The party decker can do it wirelessly from wherever so long as he's somewhere nearby.

And of course, there's the old standby of "garroting the spider so the decker can waltz right into the host."
>>
>>50067950
>>50067934
Most of the GMs I know allow the use of Datataps to function wirelessly.
For example, in my games I treat them as universal connector port dongles in addition to having their wiretap function, giving the decker a direct connection while still facing noise penalties and requiring the infiltrator to plant them for the hacker nerd.
It's not RAW, but I think it works well to mesh infiltrators/deckers together and make them rely on each other.
>>
>>50067979
Remember that they don't have to be fully cyberlegs - partials are fine, and you don't actually use their stats for anything, just your meat stats. Doubling your running speed (skimmers) and ignoring 12m (40 ft) of fall distance (hydraulic jacks) is well worth it, though, if you're in any way concerned with mobility. Plus, you know, +6 Armor.
>>
>>50067979
You don't need to do that. Muscle toner is a good investment, so long as you have decent footspeed. Anon just wanted your infiltrator to gofast for some reason (you sure as fuck don't need skimmers, and jacks are nice but absolutely necessary for b&e)
>>
>>50067982
> "garroting the spider so the decker can waltz right into the host."
Even a midlevel host sans-spider has enough dicepools to fuck over a non-minmaxed decker due to the retarded way host ratings work in SR5.
>>
>>50068018
So I still need the implants to jump down from high places and then run faster than usual?
>>
>>50068188
Your ground speed is determined from your Agility, so if you have higher agility you go faster.
There are specific cyberware implants to boost it more, but usually having high agility just makes you zip around like a tyke on cocaine and is good enough.
>>
>>50068229
I find it disheartening that I need to be the hacker ontop of being the infiltrator. I prefer the stealthy gunslinger.

If we have a decker I don't need to hack things, right?
>>
Okay, so my character has 12 points in demolitions, possibly more if the GM approves my mentor spirit, and I have 13 karma and 12k nuyen left over. How much explosives should I buy?
>>
>>50068365
You don't need to be a decker, but you'll need a decker to do hacking as you infiltrate unless you plan to forge IDs/use maglock passkeys/dodge every camera/pick every lock.
>>
>>50067465
Chrome is for faggots though.
>>
>>50068188
>So I still need the implants to jump down from high places and then run faster than usual?
If you want to be able to take a 40 foot drop and land without injuring yourself, you still need partial cyberlegs with hydraulic jacks.

Skimmers aren't as strictly-essential, but they do literally double your movement speed - and that stacks with Muscle Toner's increase of your base.

>>50068365
The problem with being a stealthy gunslinger is that you'll have no tools for subverting cameras and disabling sensors, and because of how Hosts work a decker needs to do that stuff in person, rather than wirelessly. So if you don't be the decker, your decker will have to double up as an infiltrator to get into the building with you, or else you're fucked.

Infiltrators - be they social or physical - are completely reliant on the decker in a way that no other archetype is reliant on any other archetype because they need the decker to subvert the technology which could instantly blow their cover.

That's why I strongly recommend you be a sneaky decker, because it lets you actually be in control of your own role.
>>
>>50068440
If the decker is built well, they can go toe to toe with hosts with some elbow grease and edge for the mid to low high tier stuff, but yeah, I'm with this guy in saying that a decker taking a host on directly is a Bad Ideaâ„¢.
That's why my decker is also a social infiltrator in addition to being a decker, and hands out data taps to the sneaky street sam to plug into things for her for direct connections.
>>
>>50068410
Which aren't hard tools to get, and the decker can get into the host and ease the path. The decker doesn't need physical access to every lock - it's dead easy to have the decker duck into a bathroom, jack in, and start flipping switches.
>>
>>50067950
>he needs to physically enter the location
And this is why a comlink with an Induction Receiver module hardwired in and a Receiver dongle plus a Satelite Link is probably the best thing you can buy in bulk. Gives a wireless link to hardlined systems and Hosts and the like.
>>
>>50068474
>it's dead easy to have the decker duck into a bathroom, jack in, and start flipping switches
Not really, since a bathroom probably doesn't have the terminal which controls door locks in it, and the lock itself probably isn't in the bathroom.
>>
>>50047225
No probs, chummer.
>>
>>50062048
Suspect was told to stop and hold where he were, suspect not only disregarded said order, he quickened his escape and tried to consume the evidence against him. How is that not a textbook scenario for a taser?
>>
>>50068732
Because the textbook scenario for a taser is "suspect is violently resisting arrest and/or armed, and taser needs to be employed to prevent having to use firearms".

In a stepladder model of force continuum, taser is above the baton and below dogging.
>>
>>50068773
https://www.quora.com/When-are-cops-allowed-to-use-TASERs

>Defensive Resistance. Subject is resisting officers' physical control efforts by pulling away from officers, spreading their arms apart as officers attempt to apply handcuffs, or any other action which seeks to defeat officer control but does not involve offensive aggression against them. This also includes fleeing from officers, especially after having been placed under arrest.

>The policy I was subject to gave clearance for TASER use at Defensive Resistance; this was also the level at which OC (pepper spray) use was permitted.

>This also includes fleeing from officers, especially after having been placed under arrest.

cuck
>>
Have spirit inspiration appropriate for this edition of /srg/.

http://trollpasta.wikia.com/wiki/SKELETON_GALLERY!!!!
>>
>>50068821

Yeah, like I said. Fucking burgers. They're too lazy and incompetent to actually do their job, so they employ techniques such as drive-stun pain compliance very liberally, and the results are there to speak for themselves.
>>
>>50060791
She liked him, he was just overbearing. I liked him specifically because he was an idiot punching way above his weight class, he helped tone down the edge.
>>
>>50068851
>get proven wrong
>n-no EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG
ok

I'm sure I'd much prefer it if my police were like British police and they sold children to Muslim rape gangs.
>>
>>50068868

Proven wrong, how exactly? You just provided more evidence of burger laziness and incompetence.

And for the record, bongs are retarded as well, but for other reasons. While they succeed at not using excessive force, they often fail at using sufficient force.
>>
>>50068894
>it's bad because *I* say so!
Here's your last (You).
>>
>>50068909

If you disagree, then you fail to understand the role of law enforcement.
>>
>>50068924
The reason we Americans fail to understand how police work has nothing to do work how lazyfat we undeniably are. It's because we militarized our police force into a combat-oriented criminal assault force during the early 20th century, ramped it up with the war on drugs in the 80s, and dialed it up with a surveillance state after 2001. A militarized attack force is the only form of policing that living Americans have ever known at this point - the idea that it could be anything else doesn't even make sense to anymore, to the point that other nations' law enforcement looks farcical and absurd to American eyes.

We not just don't get it - we can't.
>>
>>50069249
The early 20th century meaning
Prohibition, that is, and the gang wars that followed in its wake.
>>
>>50069249

Different mindset and doctrine is of course a big part of it, but I personally still maintain it's very likely that burgers are so enthusiastic with tasers is because they're too lazy to run after a suspect. At least the physical fitness state of your officers supports my opinion.

Another reason is probably how they're often alone on the scene whereas in here there are always two people in a patrol - it's a lot more dangerous alone, so they're more likely to use anything that gives them an edge in a confrontation.
>>
>>50068832

>the exclamation points actually ARE supposed to be part of the URL but 4chan formatting removed them.

Oops fuck.
>>
>>50039992

Would Gordan Freeman be a physical adept in mil spec armor in Shadowrun 4e?
>>
>>50069520
No, he'd be a mundane Edgelord with an implanted Savior Medkit in 5e.
>>
>>50063861
for driving. Anything outrageously more like firing energy-based weapons would suck so much the system will just deny you that kind of output. If you let stuff like this fly for your group, your problem.
>>
>>50064244
Not a stupid position just because it's not the RAW-true or your one. RAW has many problems and here is quite a good occasion for a house rule. I would agree that weapons with unlimited ammo bins of light are not a good idea.
>>
>>50070267
Do you force melee weapons to have ammunition or an equivalent, too, or are you just retarded?
>>
>>50070380
>Comparing a melee weapon to a shitty ranged weapon that tries to circumvent the rules for ammo that are in place to narrow the power level gap between melee and ranged weapons.

Sure dude, whatever the voices tell you.
>>
>>50068380
>12 points in demolition
For_what_purpose.zdf
>>
>>50070919

Not the same guy, but I'm imagining for the purposes of either levelling city blocks, or for remodelling buildings quickly
>>
>>50070919
Sometimes the best way to do a wetwork job is to destroy absolutely everyone remotely involved.
>>
File: 7633876_p0.jpg (2MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
7633876_p0.jpg
2MB, 1200x1600px
Would anyone be willing to critique my character sheet? I'm (re)building a 4e techomancer (GM is letting me rearrange BP for skills, forms, and attributes), and want to make sure I'm not missing anything crucial this time. I'm still pretty green, so any advice would be appreciated. Character takes on the role of group hacker and face (read: basic social interaction), with no plans for combat presence. I've got Browse CF for Info Sortilege down the line, and figure my sprites can pick up any slack I might have when it comes to things like Analyze, Decrypt, ect.

http://pastebin.com/rai0eVFi
>>
>>50071460
>techomancer
it's shit
goodbye
>>
>>50071579
Radical.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.